Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dionysus.9158

Dionysus.9158

World 3 or no, please bring it back.

I agree. I know many who would enjoy it even without a new world .

There may be a point about time/resources of the devs with all of these other changes going on (whether or not I agree with them), but at the very least they could add it in as it was last years, which shouldn’t be much more work than a copy and paste.

Posted by: Gaberen.4325

Gaberen.4325

Bring it back NOW.

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

Why can’t they just open up the old one then once every year, not like thats going to require any more work…

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Why can’t they just open up the old one then once every year, not like thats going to require any more work…

That content touches economy because of dropped skins, somehow they monitor every effect a content may have on the overall game.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: jucca.8219

jucca.8219

Infinite Coin 600 Gems it’s so awesome.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Can you please stop? That purchase will be usable when they turn SAB back on again. I feel bad for Josh when I read this kind of complaint, hope to see World 3 soon.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

I really wish they were just smart enough to leave SAB permanently in game, and add a new zone every one or two years. They could even add other little things to it if they left it open to mess with over time. It’s their loss. Even retired veterans would come back for a month of SAB.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Can you please stop? That purchase will be usable when they turn SAB back on again. I feel bad for Josh when I read this kind of complaint, hope to see World 3 soon.

Why would you feel bad for Josh? Its showing that we want to play the content.

Also, that purchase was bought for something that has been gone for a year, and given the latest update on the future, won’t be around for at least a few months. Buying an item with real money in September 2013 that, at the earliest, won’t be usable until 2015, isn’t okay.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Sooooo…No S.A.B because it doesn’t fit with the current LS. But we get Halloween, because what? Thorn is the new villain of the story? Doubt it. Inconsistency in what somebody says breeds doubt in a validity of the comment. I call foul (though I am looking forward to Halloween event )

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

Starting to wonder, does ANet have any clue on what to do or are they just playing piñata with their game?

Like really, that interview is a f.ing blow to me. All you have to do is let players play. Even just W1/W2, even with no rewards / harder to get, just ENABLE it, for God’s sake. It’s not even like a minigame, you absollutely don’t need other people, you don’t have to enable it 1 week on 52 so everyone will play it at the same time, just let the huge part of the community that liked it play.

People looked down at living story. Since the start. You didn’t let that go. Good part just loved SAB, yet you just go “screw that”. Well it may seems weird to you, but you’re creating a game for the players to enjoy. At the very least make players that liked it and bought the infinite coin able to play it and use ressources on that later if you want to focus on living story, but stop being so deaf and clueless. I have no idea who’s behind the “How to integrate SAB in the game” thing, but he’s gotta have Alzheimer’s or something because we don’t want it as a living story, we want it like it was before. ANet could be suge a great compagny if they stopped to randomly make changes. As it is it looks to me like they’re playing the RNG game in their studios. Sometimes we get a great update, sometimes they screw up the personnal story. Sometimes they go “we don’t want anymore farmfest for now”, yet the next update is a farmfest. Sometimes they play dumb when they know exactly what the community wants and they know it would take no efforts to put it back and develop it later. Hell, even the weapons, all they take is “which color will I use” and they have a whole new “set” for the SAB, people want that too.

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.

ReV.6097

Agreed. Made no sense why they couldn’t leave the SA-Box active in the game, and just tweak things, adding things to it on and off.

Legacy of Kain:

Posted by: Gaberen.4325

Gaberen.4325

Bring it back with world 1 and world 2, you can always add more content later.

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

As I’ve said in another thread, I’m a player that never got to play SAB at all. I was on hiatus from the game when both worlds went live.

Honestly, I thought it was permanent content, and I would be free to enjoy it when I came back to the game. Lo and behold, when I returned to the game earlier this year, one of the first things I did was went to find the SAB. I found the Asura that would give you access, and he muttered something cryptic, so I figured, “Oh, maybe I have to be level 80 to access it.” (At that time, my highest-level character was still in mid-60’s.)

But nope. Came to find out that I COMPLETELY missed out on something I was incredibly excited about, just because I wasn’t around for the small window of time it was available.

Come on ANet! You’re in the process right now of pushing static content, what with adding Living Story to the story journal so we can access it at any point! This goes right in that vein! Throw SAB back into the game, so we can play it whenever we want.

You have a huge helping of stable, static content right there. Why aren’t you letting us into it?

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

600 posts, so virulent a topic they had to merge it, and still not a single dev response. Really? Please just bring it back. You don’t have to add w3, just bring it back. Charge 800 gems in the gem store for a home-version in your home instance to access it year-round, I don’t care. Just bring it back. Heck, just stay something in this thread.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

o.o I would spend 800 gems on a home-instance portal to SAB. Literally, if this was announced to be a thing, I would go and buy the gems right this instant.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

1. Bring back SAB as permanent content.
2. Blue Super Weapons are now rare drops from the end level chests in SAB. They can also be earned by collecting Baubles.
3. Introduce new Collections for the SAB/King Toad/Storm Wizard weapons.
4. Voila! Lots of new permanent stuff for players to be occupied with.

Posted by: Liraela.3601

Liraela.3601

Bad. Really Bad Anet. Still no response…

Bring back SAB! LS will be few weeks later…. This is good time for it!

CrashTestAuto.9108

Bad. Really Bad Anet. Still no response…

Bring back SAB! LS will be few weeks later…. This is good time for it!

I am amazed that a protest about SAB led to increased developer presence on the forums, and a thread on communication, and there still hasn’t been any word on it…

Posted by: KewBejar.4275

KewBejar.4275

I quit earlier this year, too much of the same stuff. The game started feeling grindy. I won’t be playing until they bring it back, no interest in LS or grinding more fractals. If it was a matter of money, I’d be willing to toss a few bucks their way, SAB was a lot of fun and a good amount of content.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I would like it if when they added World 3, they made SAB PERMANENT CONTENT. Why permanent? Because then we have something else to do besides Spvp/WvW/dungeons/fractals all the time. Not to mention I find SAB really relaxing…and imagine them selling it for your personal instance, I wouldn’t mind being able to enter from the home back on the Black Citadel.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

This is like if Capcom removed Guile from Street Fighter, on the grounds that “our data shows he was not the most popular character.” But some players still enjoyed that character. They invested time and effort learning his moves. Some people bought custom outfits for Guile, which are now useless. And since when has unpopularity ever been a reason to delete characters from the roster?

A year later, people continue to ask “Where the heck is Guile!?” Can’t they just put him back in the game? Can we at least get a refund on his alternate costumes? Why isn’t Capcom saying anything about it other than “We realize people enjoyed this character, but he does not fit into our current plans for Ryu’s new Story Mode.” What does that even have to do with anything!? You don’t have to shoehorn Guile into Ryu’s story. It doesn’t even take time/money to put him back in the game — he already existed! He was done! Sure, Guile fans are always rooting for balance updates and new moves, costumes, etc., but the lack of those on the horizon is no reason to keep him out of play. There are clearly no new kicks for Chun Li on the way. Zangief isn’t getting a new suplex. And yet you aren’t deleting them.

Charge 800 gems in the gem store for a home-version in your home instance to access it year-round, I don’t care. Just bring it back.

Why should Guile be turned into a paid DLC character, for about $10 USD? He was already in the game, for free, not as a paid extra. And still the people who bought alternate costumes for him don’t get a refund? They just have to pay an extra 10 bucks on top, to regain their initial purchase’s functionality.

Posted by: Chesed.2890

Chesed.2890

Hi guys. I love Anet, and I love the game, but I’ve decided I’m going to take a break to wait for the next SAB release.

It’s funny. The last time I took a break, it was the SAB that brought me back to the game. The living world is fun and all, and I might log in just to unlock the story releases….but beyond that I think I’m done for now.

See you guys next super adventure!

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Well , I felt this thread has gotten big enough, and I felt I couldn’t avoid adding to it. I also would really like to see SAB brought back. I missed the first world, and had started playing shortly before the second world. Back then, I was too exited about hitting max level, I didn’t take even a second to check out any living world updates, so I missed world 2 as well.

Please let us who missed it take part in the Super Adventure Box. My only regret if it comes back is that I no longer Main an Engineer; I feel like his rocket jump really makes jumping puzzles easier.

ps: Jumping puzzles were the reason I came to this game. Easy access to competitive loot, fluid combat, and jumping puzzles are the reason I stay. I still have about 12 jumping puzzles I haven’t done yet.

ReV.6097

Please let us who missed it take part in the Super Adventure Box. My only regret if it comes back is that I no longer Main an Engineer; I feel like his rocket jump really makes jumping puzzles easier.

Plenty of JP’s in SAB, but your character profession didn’t matter, as each character who entered SAB would receive a fresh skill bar and you’d need to collect items to use on your skill slots.

Legacy of Kain:

Piogre.2164

Another week goes by, still total silences. Kitten’s sake, Anet, if you had so much demand that you had to merge the thread then that should at least merit some response. The recent tactic of “Ignore it and it will go away” is irresponsible.

EDIT: response has since been made- thank you Gaile

[VIG], SoR

(edited by Piogre.2164)

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

World 3 or no, please bring it back.

I agree. I know many who would enjoy it even without a new world .

Quote for truth.

I find OoW platforming in MMO refreshing, encourage sense of exploration (I admit, I shovel next to almost every rock for bonus baubles) and there is something magical about 8-bit style graphics XD

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Another week goes by, still total silences. Kitten’s sake, Anet, if you had so much demand that you had to merge the thread then that should at least merit some response. The recent tactic of “Ignore it and it will go away” is irresponsible.

But what can they say?
They have already said everything that we need to know.
It will not come back during a Living Story Season. They won’t really say more than that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Technically, they said they won’t be releasing any new content during Living Story seasons. What the major request in here has been is to simply re-establish the already-existing SAB, permanently.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

CrashTestAuto.9108

But what can they say?
They have already said everything that we need to know.
It will not come back during a Living Story Season. They won’t really say more than that.

That gives us basically no information. Especially given that we aren’t currently in a living story season, it’s on break.

Moreover, quite clearly the player base is unclear on what this message means.

lordkrall.7241

That gives us basically no information. Especially given that we aren’t currently in a living story season, it’s on break.

Moreover, quite clearly the player base is unclear on what this message means.

Exactly, it gives us no information, because if they give us information they would lock themselves into that position forever, since that will be considered a promise.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

World 1 was really excellent, but the popularity for world 2 went down for obvious reasons. The popularity of world 3 can easily go back up if Arena Net designs world 3 correctly.

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

I’ve heard people say World 2 was not very popular due to participation numbers — however, everyone that I’ve seen talk about SAB said that World 2 was still excellent.

The theory is that the reason why W2 didn’t get as much attention is because it was released alongside another feature patch. So… you can’t really blame the player base for being split on it’s inception.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

CrashTestAuto.9108

Exactly, it gives us no information, because if they give us information they would lock themselves into that position forever, since that will be considered a promise.

There are at least three options:

1) It definitely isn’t coming back, you can claim your gems back for the infinite continue coin.
2) It definitely is coming back, you can relax.
3) It may or may not come back, here’s why we can’t just turn W1 and W2 back on.

So, if they actually know if it’s 1 or 2, they shouldn’t have issue promising. If they don’t, then option 3 is a good way to show respect to their customers.

Piogre.2164

Just noting again that this thread, with several hundred posts and which has been merged, still has received no response.

EDIT: response has since been made.

[VIG], SoR

(edited by Piogre.2164)

Posted by: Bunnikk.2146

Bunnikk.2146

I hate to say that I would be willing to pay gems for permanent access to SAB (since it feels wrong limiting it to only some players) but I see it on par with the current pay for LS (if you missed it). Currently, if you miss an episode of season two Living Story you can buy it with gems and play it whenever you want. Anet, please give me the option to use my infinite coin in the same manner as the LS journal.

[RAWR] Monsters of Tyria
Monster of choice – Kitsune
Megaserver formerly known as Blackgate

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

SAB or riot :>

Posted by: Shalloe.4867

Shalloe.4867

aint happening get over it

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

guys… i was wondering… maybe it is a bit late… but i’ll try…
soon™ anet should deliver halloween content… which is a break from living story… which starts on 4 november… so… why not to deliver an Halloween Super Adventure Box feature? Basically a super adventure box… with halloween ambientation and mob and stuffs … just wondering …

(edited by Kjeldoran.3849)

Posted by: Maraca Kabob.3564

Maraca Kabob.3564

BRING IT BACK ANET. LISTEN TO YOUR FANS

lordkrall.7241

But which fans should they listen to?

There are people that want it gone forever, so if they bring it back they don’t listen to those fans and so on.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

CrashTestAuto.9108

But which fans should they listen to?

There are people that want it gone forever, so if they bring it back they don’t listen to those fans and so on.

Listen to the fans who are affected :S The people who want it gone forever can just not play it.

Posted by: tanf.8917

tanf.8917

please return sab.. or some kind of comment from a dev…

lordkrall.7241

Listen to the fans who are affected :S The people who want it gone forever can just not play it.

But it will effect other parts of the game as well, will it not?

Those people doing SAB will not be running dungeons or doing sPvP or WvW. There will also be yet another influx of those weapons/backpacks from SAB out in the world and so on.

So once again, who should they listen to?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

According to Colin Johanson, Guild Wars 2 Game Director, Super Adventure Box will be back in the future. We don’t have a timeframe for the return of the SAB, but we will be bringing back this popular content.

I know you would like more details, more info, a date, etc., but that’s not available right now. I hope the above comment reassures you, though, because at the core, the important answer is that yes, SAB will be back in the future.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

CrashTestAuto.9108

According to Colin Johanson, Guild Wars 2 Game Director, Super Adventure Box will be back in the future. We don’t have a timeframe for the return of the SAB, but we will be bringing back this popular content.

I know you would like more details, more info, a date, etc., but that’s not available right now. I hope the above comment reassures you, though, because at the core, the important answer is that yes, SAB will be back in the future.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Great news, thx

It was a really good content.

Piogre.2164

Thank you for the communication, Gaile. We appreciate the notice. I look forward to the future.

[VIG], SoR

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Meh, there’s gotta be one in every bunch, eh?

If you’re serious, and I can’t really tell, I’d just say that every bit of news is viewed subjectively, based on its appeal to the player in question. I like buffs to Rangers — make them almiiiighty! — and you say, “No, leave them alone, handle [this other profession].” That’s ok, it’s the way things are and probably, in time, we’ll both get what we desire.

If you’re not excited about SAB, that’s ok. It’s not required playing and to each his/her own!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Dehuang.2053

Dehuang.2053

Meh, there’s gotta be one in every bunch, eh?

If you’re serious, and I can’t really tell, I’d just say that every bit of news is viewed subjectively, based on its appeal to the player in question. I like buffs to Rangers — make them almiiiighty! — and you say, “No, leave them alone, handle [this other profession].” That’s ok, it’s the way things are and probably, in time, we’ll both get what we desire.

If you’re not excited about SAB, that’s ok. It’s not required playing and to each his/her own!

I hope it’s not like
precursor crafting will happen soon™

I can’t wait to play more SAB!