Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

We would also have a completely different Dye system (that was even worse than the original character-bound one.)

We would not have account-bound stuff but rather have basically everything Soulbound.

We would not have Edge of the Mists.
We would have the exact same borderlands as before.
We would have the exact same PvP system as at launch.
And so on.

If they had only ever followed their plan the game would be completely different from what we have now.

I would also like to point out that we actually have multiple of those things you claim that we would have, with two more coming with HoT.

It is also rather funny that you talk about precursor crafting and new legendaries, seeing as those two specifically was something being created due to people demanding it, ergo ArenaNet going against their original plan.

Not to mention SAB, which were only really planned as a April Fools joke but brought back due to players demand.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I have equipped SAB minis on all my characters to show support for its return. Show your support too and display your SAB minis at all times.

#OccupySAB

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I have equipped SAB minis on all my characters to show support for its return. Show your support too and display your SAB minis at all times.

#OccupySAB

I display my Super Assassin when ever I can.

It’s quite the conversation maker in WvW and PVE trains.

Posted by: Peachie.5836

Peachie.5836

One thing ArenaNet doesn’t seem to consider is a lot of the people that raged and said that Super Adventure Box was the worst content ever weren’t even people that disliked jumping puzzles. They were people that try to maximize the amount of Achievement Points they can get from world event content releases. The fact that some of the achievements were difficult and time consuming greatly upset these people as they weren’t really trying to enjoy the mini game, they just saw it as an obstacle to the goal: more achievement points.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

#OccupySAB

I display my Super Assassin when ever I can.

It’s quite the conversation maker in WvW and PVE trains.

that it is.

i too have abused this amazing mini to great effect. my dungeon buddies complained so much i had to switch to make them stop.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Moto, I too like to think INSIDE the box! Let me iiiiiiiiin!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Metal Maro.2156

Metal Maro.2156

Hey. I have one bothering thought, why is Adventure Box closed? I was playing the time when it opened, but didn t have enought time to play all content there. Maybe there is any lore reason why its closed but i didn t found anything. Why this can t be like rest of dungeons and be opened all the time. Its waste of wonderfull content imo.
Share your thoughts plz.
Thx.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

It’s one of the great mysteries of the universe.

Look in the general discussion subforum. There are a zillion threads asking for SAB to come back, bemoaning that ArenaNet has decided not to bring it back this (last?) year, and questioning why they’re leaving it as a temporary thing when players are dying for more content.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Someone told me it’s because they wanted to focus on the Living Story and SAB doesn’t fit in with that. But I’m not sure if that’s true or one person’s guess.

I have no idea why they couldn’t at least allow us access to the existing levels, especially at times like this when the Living Story is on hold.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Someone told me it’s because they wanted to focus on the Living Story and SAB doesn’t fit in with that. But I’m not sure if that’s true or one person’s guess.

I have no idea why they couldn’t at least allow us access to the existing levels, especially at times like this when the Living Story is on hold.

It fits in with Living Story as well as Keg Brawl, Southsun Survival, Sanctum Sprint, or Crab Toss do. I mean. It is completely separate “mini-game”. Plus it is already made! Just turn it active!

Ugh, every time I think about them not bringing back SAB it makes me angry. There just aren’t good enough reasons not to. The Living World would be completely unrelated to SAB.

To OP: Sorry man, we’ve been asking this very same question for a long time now. To the point it is used as a punchline.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

No idea why it’s shut. ANet gave us some of the best content in the game, took real world money for infinite access to it while it was open, then wandered off with the cash.

Six months closed was reasonable, if needless and detrimental to the game, but a year and a half of being denied a service people paid money for warrants at least an explanation, and really refunds.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Problem is that the infinite play coin wasn’t bought with real-world money. It was bought with gems, which may or may not have been bought with real-world money. An oversight on ANet’s part, to be sure, that they allowed people to purchase an infinite access item to a temporary piece of content, but you could just as easily have bought it with gold, so I don’t see any way for them to give out refunds that doesn’t involve monumental customer support. Plus, giving a refund would set a precedent for players to demand refunds on anything and everything they’re dissatisfied with.

Besides that, it wasn’t even $10…

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

Any refunds would most likely be in gems since that’s the medium of exchange used in gem store purchases, regardless of how the gems were obtained.

Personally, I never bought one of those infinite coins. I was able to earn enough of the normal ones. I still have them.

I, as well as many others, would welcome the return of the Super Adventure Box. It was quite the fun diversion (possibly another reason why it’s not back) with unique weapon skins as rewards we could work towards.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

CrashTestAuto.9108

Problem is that the infinite play coin wasn’t bought with real-world money. It was bought with gems, which may or may not have been bought with real-world money. An oversight on ANet’s part, to be sure, that they allowed people to purchase an infinite access item to a temporary piece of content, but you could just as easily have bought it with gold, so I don’t see any way for them to give out refunds that doesn’t involve monumental customer support. Plus, giving a refund would set a precedent for players to demand refunds on anything and everything they’re dissatisfied with.

Besides that, it wasn’t even $10…

Oh yeah, I’m not saying they should give cash. Their system prevents it. But they should have refunded the gems by now.

Yes it was less than £10 (in the UK), but that doesn’t make it okay. Multiply that by how many people bought gems with cash to buy it, and that’s how much money ANet walked off with for a service they have not provided for a year and a half without explanation.

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

Anet I want my money back for the coin I purchased its been far to long….. I am sending a game ticket in for this asap.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Guess they don’t find it marketable enough for gem shop purchases. It seems they would rather prefer putting out something like the festival of the ram with almost no content associated and a lot of gem store products than putting something people can actually play. Else they would have already put it in weeks ago, even without anything new.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

without explanation.

Sorry, explanations are against company policy.

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Is it fair to say there are 1 million new players who never saw Super adventure box? What I don’t understand is why it would be so difficult to just re-add the original SAB, the content is already built, designed and integrated. I couldnt care less if they added a new SAB map, but why is it so hard to “turn on” the old content?

Does any employee even read this thread anymore? or are their heads firmly buried in the sand. ( sw… dtop)

(edited by Reanne.5462)

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I am sure they will bring SAB back again at some point, but they obviously have other priorities at the moment.

I will not be surprised if SAB becomes a permanent feature when HoT releases. or shortly after.

The full SAB map was not completed, last time it was available, so its clear they had plans for more worlds. So I doubt it will be forgotten. That said I can certainly understand and empathise with people getting impatient for its return. It was easily one of the best mini games ever added to any MMO.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Draknar.5748

Maybe SAB was made by some contracted guy who retained the rights to it through some fine print contracting. And maybe he was fired and isn’t allowing Anet to use SAB under threat of legal action.

This would make more sense than simply not re-activating something that clearly a lot of people want, already has been created, tested, and played, and something that a real money item is tied to that many have purchased.

Posted by: Makani Eldrinn.5638

Makani Eldrinn.5638

#OccupySAB

I have my Super Beedog out all the time, plus I have the Honors in Applied Jumping title displayed, and I use the Storm Wizard finisher(I didn’t think to buy the SAB finisher when it was out so it’s as close as I can get).

Maybe SAB was made by some contracted guy who retained the rights to it through some fine print contracting. And maybe he was fired and isn’t allowing Anet to use SAB under threat of legal action.

This would make more sense than simply not re-activating something that clearly a lot of people want, already has been created, tested, and played, and something that a real money item is tied to that many have purchased.

From what I remember the main person who talked about SAB was Josh Foreman, as far as I know he’s still with Anet, but has been working on other things. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Joshua_Foreman

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Probably HoT will be released in q3, so i think March/April are perfects to release SaB again.

Draknar.5748

#OccupySAB

I have my Super Beedog out all the time, plus I have the Honors in Applied Jumping title displayed, and I use the Storm Wizard finisher(I didn’t think to buy the SAB finisher when it was out so it’s as close as I can get).

From what I remember the main person who talked about SAB was Josh Foreman, as far as I know he’s still with Anet, but has been working on other things. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Joshua_Foreman

But do we know he is a paid Anet employee versus a contracted design guy representing Anet for specific projects?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

If there is one content that should never have been removed it’s SAB. It gave Rata Sum a life of it’s own.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

#OccupySAB

But do we know he is a paid Anet employee versus a contracted design guy representing Anet for specific projects?

Yeah, we do. According to his blog.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I completely agree that plans change, but it you charge for something and then change plans about providing it, you should offer a refund. Its not a difficult concept. Not doing this is a shady (at best) business practice. This sort of practice can end up doing the company more harm than good in the long run. The initial, “hah, got your money,” moment may result in initial revenue, but lowers confidence in the product in the long run. Now those who bought the infinite coin may very well hesitate before buying from Anet in the future.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Would love if Gaile could give us some information about this, seeing as it’s a no-brainer to make the masses happy with content that is there. It being locked away stinks like taking away TA forward / up path.

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

They took away my money by removing it when I bought the infinite token, no where did it say token only worked for limited time it said infinite use wtf is this kitten!!

lordkrall.7241

They took away my money by removing it when I bought the infinite token, no where did it say token only worked for limited time it said infinite use wtf is this kitten!!

To be fair one could also claim that nowhere did it say that it would be available at all times forever.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

We need this back permanently, SAB is too good to be kept away this long!

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

could always threaten a class action lawsuit, even the bad publicity from that might get them to stop blowing the player base off. even if it never went anywhere

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

SAB > HoT

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

If heart of thorns was one big joke and we got sab back instead, id be happy >.>

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Would love if Gaile could give us some information about this, seeing as it’s a no-brainer to make the masses happy with content that is there. It being locked away stinks like taking away TA forward / up path.

yeah I want info on SAB too, we all do.

Ive never seen a business as bad as Anet about releasing Info…

SAB or RIOT

CrashTestAuto.9108

could always threaten a class action lawsuit, even the bad publicity from that might get them to stop blowing the player base off. even if it never went anywhere

I think all it would actually take is someone like WoodenPotatoes posting a video on this.

Its kind of sad that ANet need to be strong armed into not essentially stealing customers’ money. If you went into a restaurant and paid for a full meal and they brought you a starter, then wandered of for a few hours, you’d be right to complain. ANet have done this, while refusing refunds for a year and a half now…

Posted by: ChyldeMyst.5098

ChyldeMyst.5098

Oh for please. No one actually paid for the Super Adventure Box. It’s a mini-game, a periodic thing like the Zephyrite Market and the holiday festivals. And if it’s been over a year since their last iteration, maybe they’re trying to fix something that prompted a lot of complaints.

Honestly, my only complaint is that I can’t sell the tokens I have for the bloody Box, because it’s my least favorite content. But saying that ANET is “stealing customers’ money” just because they haven’t activated a particular optional fluff content in over a year? That’s a bit much. There are features that were promised pre-release that I’m still waiting to see implemented at all, but I whole-heartedly believe I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of this game, and will happily put more into it when I have it to invest. The SAB will come back eventually. If that’s all you’re playing for, you’re in the wrong game.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Oh for please. No one actually paid for the Super Adventure Box. It’s a mini-game, a periodic thing like the Zephyrite Market and the holiday festivals. And if it’s been over a year since their last iteration, maybe they’re trying to fix something that prompted a lot of complaints.

Honestly, my only complaint is that I can’t sell the tokens I have for the bloody Box, because it’s my least favorite content. But saying that ANET is “stealing customers’ money” just because they haven’t activated a particular optional fluff content in over a year? That’s a bit much. There are features that were promised pre-release that I’m still waiting to see implemented at all, but I whole-heartedly believe I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of this game, and will happily put more into it when I have it to invest. The SAB will come back eventually. If that’s all you’re playing for, you’re in the wrong game.

Players did pay for the Coin.

SAB or RIOT

CrashTestAuto.9108

Players did pay for the Coin.

Exactly. Obviously ANet aren’t “stealing” by not giving us free content. But the infinite continue coin wasn’t free, and people paid real money for gems specifically to buy it. Taking money for a service and then refusing to provide that service, or refunds for it, is pretty kitten disrespectful whether its “stealing” or not. A year and a half is way past the point that customers can reasonably be expected to wait for a service they paid money for.

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

We haven’t get a content patch for quite a while, I understand you guys are working on HoT stuff, but we need content to play now. I am excited for HoT new but we can not PLAY HoT news. This is a great time to bring back old content like, oh I don’t know(cough,cough SAB). Also bring back season one would be great.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Perhaps you can take this time to do all of the existing content you haven’t yet done.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

SAB wouldn’t go amiss… XD

Posted by: MrCabbage.7640

MrCabbage.7640

Agreed, sab would be perfect. I think I’m willing to litteraly kill someone for just 1 hour of sab, it has been too long

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

PLS give SAB while we wait for the awesome expansion

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Yeah, I’d like to reiterate that the infinite continue coin was a real thing that they sold for 600 gems. The content was active for about 3 weeks while it was being sold, and it has been 17 months since that time. All requests for refunds have been denied, to my knowledge.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Ed Log.7480

Ed Log.7480

SAB or riot !
:‘( :’( :‘( :’( :’(

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

We will have tons of filler content, don’t worry. I imagine Dragon Bash, Queen’s Jubilee, and Bazaar of the Four Winds will all return – maybe even a replay of something like Battle for Lion’s Arch. SAB can stay where it is, though…even though I’m sure Anet will give in to all the whining around April 1st.

lordkrall.7241

Bringing back Season 1 requires quite a bit of work, and it is rather unlikely that they would pull devs away from working on the expansion just to make old content replayable.
IF it comes, it will be together with or after the Expansion.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Battle Chess please .. or Pong ^^

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

(laugh) Again, this is what the expansion people wanted. No content between expansions, remember?

Living Story sucks.

But, that said, maybe these new golems will enliven the people.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

(laugh) Again, this is what the expansion people wanted. No content between expansions, remember?

Living Story sucks.

But, that said, maybe these new golems will enliven the people.

And if all the S1 content was permanent instead of temporary perhaps there wouldn’t be a desire for filler content until the expansion…