Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

One week left until April first. I guess this might be the last chance to introduce it prior to HoT. Otherwise we will have to wait another year

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

They can release this at anytime it doesn’t have to be April 1st mainly because April 1st is a Wednesday NOT a patch day

Sylvari mean

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Hold hands for the 31!!!!

Attachments:

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

They can release this at anytime it doesn’t have to be April 1st mainly because April 1st is a Wednesday NOT a patch day

The possibility of SAB returning is shrinking with every day because there wouldn’t be a point to interrupt the hype of the new expansion with an old event and the last few weeks will be all hands on deck for sure. Therefore I guess that it will be either in April or after HoT. After HoT would mean after Halloween and after Christmas. So it would be pretty much a year from now.

Posted by: Goo.7926

Goo.7926

That would be too bad that Anet won’t return the SAB because players from the begining of GW2 want it! Thoses players are the HoT’s future buyers (newbes won’t buy it until they really like the game). Not returning the SAB is kind of disrespectful to old players that are waiting for it…maybe some of them won’t buy HoT because they feel like Anet is not trying to keep them busy in the game (except for grinding)..
:’(

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

The possibility of SAB returning is shrinking with every day because there wouldn’t be a point to interrupt the hype of the new expansion with an old event and the last few weeks will be all hands on deck for sure. Therefore I guess that it will be either in April or after HoT. After HoT would mean after Halloween and after Christmas. So it would be pretty much a year from now.

If this ends up being the case I am not getting the expansion and probably not coming back to the game for another year.

I’m not saying that as a kitteny threat, just the fact of the matter. I love gw2, but SAB was my favorite content in it. Every patch it is not available is disruptive to my enjoyment of the lesser content I have access to.

Goo.7926

Why not the announcement of the HoT’s release date at the end of the World-3 SAB?
Maybe just some carved mysterious numbers/date on a dusty wall behind the last boss? -
—→ Old players will be happy as hell! -
--→ Everybody will talk of the HoT release date!! -
All around the web: GW2 ==> best-game-ever-HAPPY!!

I believe in you Anet! Let’s make everyone happy this 1st of April!

Monkey Fritz.9052

Why not the announcement of the HoT’s release date at the end of the World-3 SAB?
Maybe just some carved mysterious numbers/date on a dusty wall behind the last boss? -
—-> Old players will be happy as hell! -
—-> Everybody will talk of the HoT release date!! -
All around the web: GW2 ==> best-game-ever-HAPPY!!

I believe in you Anet! Let’s make everyone happy this 1st of April!

WhineyPlayerKitten.90210: “Why are you FORCING me not only to do content I hate, but to actually FINISH it, just to see the release date for the expansion??!?!?!?! kitten kitten puppy chick foal duckling!!!!! this content doesn’t even belong in gw2!!!!”

“All around the web: GW2 ==> best-game-ever-HAPPY!!” nothing they do will ever result in that.

Goo.7926

Let’s hope they try their best at least!

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

So anyone else excited about the return of the Bobbleheads?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Even bobbleheads got permanent content. That just makes me sad.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Monkey Fritz.9052

If anything they will do something entirely different this year, since, as said, that became permanent content.

I’m expecting all players will be shrunk to tiny size for a day. This will make the riots in Rata Sum seem less important.

Goo.7926

They already made big announcements this week about legendaries to avoid this topic to come out in first pages of the forum.. I feel like they wanna bury the SAB for good (at least until HoT and everything..)…….

So what the plan? We RIOT ?

Vissarion.6509

This Tuesday (31 March)

Attachments:

(edited by Vissarion.6509)

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

They already made big announcements this week about legendaries to avoid this topic to come out in first pages of the forum.. I feel like they wanna bury the SAB for good (at least until HoT and everything..)…….

So what the plan? We RIOT ?

If they’re wanting to bury it for HoT, it’s a really strange plan. April 1st is a pretty well known SAB day, so it’ll be easy for riot momentum to happen again. After last year and communication, and the fact they took people’s cash, it could actually be genuinely bad press this year.

The SAB thing as an activity in itself might get shrugged off, but at some point “ANet took real world money for a service they almost immediately stopped providing” has to start slipping into articles, right? Combined with “Last year’s promises of communication amounted to basically nothing”, and the anniversary of the still unfixed traits fiasco, and this isn’t ideal news pre-HoT.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Im just super upset that i paid gems for something i cant use…Looking at you infinite continue coin…

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

April 1st please <3

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Vissarion.6509

We all wish son we all wish

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Doubt it’ll happen. IIRC, the dev responsible for it got in trouble for his interaction with players on the forums last time.

Goo.7926

Let’s do ‘’Occupy SAB 2015’’ Marsh the 31st !

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Still have my shiny extra W2 tribulation coin that desires the company of the other 2 for my 3rd Storm weapon. :<

To think I said to myself back then “I’ll just do W3 again next time the event returns.” Since W3 was quite long and I already spent ages in the box. :s Silly me for thinking of the words “next time.” u.u

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Goo.7926

I think I’ll be protesting at Moto’s SAB on the evening of the 31st of Marsh! I don’t think that it will scare Anet, but it will be nice to see all the SAB fans reunited!
I mean, I love you guys that have the guts to make it to the top of the Tribulation Mode without killing yourself! I love SAB! Please Anet! Please Santa SAB! We’ve been good all year!

Posted by: BarnabeJonez.6023

BarnabeJonez.6023

I’m just glad I never spent money on an infinite continue coin. I do hope that they bring it back soon. I never got to play it much.

Monkey Fritz.9052

I’m just glad I never spent money on an infinite continue coin. I do hope that they bring it back soon. I never got to play it much.

Yeah… if they bring it back how many people are going to trust it? lol

Doggie.3184

I have the infinite continue coin. :s

Monkey Fritz.9052

Maybe we should all start a support group with our coins?

“Hi, my name is Monkey Fritz, and I have not played the Super Adventure Box in 18 months. Last night I dreamed about it, but then I woke up, and I was sad.”

Doggie.3184

“Hi, my name is Monkey Fritz, and I have not played the Super Adventure Box in 18 months. Last night I dreamed about it, but then I woke up, and I was sad.”

I used to have dreams about spike traps with how much time I spent in there. ;s
I started seeing them everywhere.

Monkey Fritz.9052

I used to have dreams about spike traps with how much time I spent in there. ;s
I started seeing them everywhere.

I think we’ve all been there, Doggie.
the group nods

You just have to believe that they’ll be back someday. We’ll all dream about spike traps everywhere again.
a couple people in the group tear up

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

SAB is coming back in April right? I mean the game needs some sort of new content.

Monkey Fritz.9052

SAB is coming back in April right? I mean the game needs some sort of new content.

Yes and yes. But probably no. Definitely yes to the latter but a virtually finite no to the former.

Posted by: Dworewyre.2018

Dworewyre.2018

3 days left before the verdict ! SAB or not the 1st april? I’m so pressed to know it ….. :p

Dante.1763

If its not they should offer refunds for the coin. Kinda feeling robbed to be honest! xD

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

CrashTestAuto.9108

If its not they should offer refunds for the coin. Kinda feeling robbed to be honest! xD

I’m thinking that there’s a chance it’ll go like this:

March 31st: SAB protests begin.
April 1st: No SAB, SAB protests get bigger.
April 1st/2nd: Semi-organised mass customer support tickets requesting refunds.

I could be wrong. ANet might release SAB, or people might not care. But given we’ve had nothing in terms of communication since the last riots, I think something like this is pretty plausible.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ It is highly unlikely you would even be able to get a refund for an item that was bought over a year and a half ago actually. So I would say “mass customer support tickets” will not help anyone. Just the opposite in fact. It will just take time and resources away from real issues.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

SAB better hit before HoT or I’m just gonna take a break until HoT hits also SAB should be permanent due to the cash shop coins people bought and I do feel sorry for all those people who bought coins in support of SAB then got stabbed in the back.

Guhracie.3419

^ It is highly unlikely you would even be able to get a refund for an item that was bought over a year and a half ago actually. So I would say “mass customer support tickets” will not help anyone. Just the opposite in fact. It will just take time and resources away from real issues.

This is an insultingly bad argument. The product was marketed as being reusable. It hasn’t been reusable. It’s really that simple. Just because you keep repeating this stance doesn’t make it right.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

It will just take time and resources away from real issues.

This matter is a real issue.

lordkrall.7241

This is an insultingly bad argument. The product was marketed as being reusable. It hasn’t been reusable. It’s really that simple. Just because you keep repeating this stance doesn’t make it right.

It was reusable for as many times as you wanted. Never in anyway or form did it say that it will be useable at all times however.

If I buy an unlimited access card to the local amusement park, I can’t really go around and demand that they let me in if they have to shut it down for maintenance or if it is only open during certain periods each year.

Everyone knew when they bought the coin that it was not content that would be usable at all times. The fact that people have decided to wait for over 1,5 years to demand a refund doesn’t really help their case.

A refund is not valid forever after all.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

You make it sound as if the expansion is coming out in a couple months

CrashTestAuto.9108

That might have been true if refunds had been available previously, but they weren’t. ANet can’t say “No you can’t have refunds because it’ll come back”, then after a year and a half say “No you can’t have refunds because it’s been too long.”

lordkrall.7241

That might have been true if refunds had been available previously, but they weren’t. ANet can’t say “No you can’t have refunds because it’ll come back”, then after a year and a half say “No you can’t have refunds because it’s been too long.”

Then they will probably just keep saying: “No you can’t have refunds because it’ll come back”.
Why would they suddenly change their minds about it?

Demanding a refund now will do nothing other than to just increase the already heavy load on support, and won’t help anyone.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Guhracie.3419

It was reusable for as many times as you wanted. Never in anyway or form did it say that it will be useable at all times however.

If I buy an unlimited access card to the local amusement park, I can’t really go around and demand that they let me in if they have to shut it down for maintenance or if it is only open during certain periods each year.

Everyone knew when they bought the coin that it was not content that would be usable at all times. The fact that people have decided to wait for over 1,5 years to demand a refund doesn’t really help their case.

A refund is not valid forever after all.

If you buy unlimited access to a local amusement park and use it for a month, after which time it closes down for maintenance for a year and a half with the elusive promise that “someday it’ll be back” you really don’t believe that you would demand a refund, on account of “it’s been too long and my right to a refund expired?” Really?

Because I’d think you’d be (justified in) saying that you felt the business was trustworthy, that they were going to bring that content back seasonally, and learning that absolutely no maintenance was being scheduled for the park totally and completely means that you’re eligible for a refund.

-Mike O’Brien

CrashTestAuto.9108

Then they will probably just keep saying: “No you can’t have refunds because it’ll come back”.
Why would they suddenly change their minds about it?

Because people complain on mass?

lordkrall.7241

Because people complain on mass?

You mean just like last year?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

CrashTestAuto.9108

You mean just like last year?

Last year they responded with promises of an improvement in communication. I realise that they haven’t exactly made good on that, but they did react.

This year, the wait is longer, the trait anniversary is here, the ICC has been useless for a year and a half, we’re on an actual anniversay of SAB, and they’re about to release an expansion. Mass complaints, especially of the form “Don’t believe their promises” are not going to go down well if the gaming press takes note.

Dante.1763

Guys, Lordkrall will defend ANET till he dies. So really arguing with him is pointless.

Monkey Fritz.9052

Guys, Lordkrall will defend ANET till he dies. So really arguing with him is pointless.

This guy gets it.
There is practically only one voice in this thread against bringing back SAB or refunding the continue coin. Other players who actively hate the content hive chimed in that they think the coin should at least be refunded.

Personally I don’t want my coin refunded, I want the kitten thing to work. But it is pretty bad to know that no one has been able to get a refund when one is fully deserved at this point.

Guhracie.3419

So you choosing to delete these things knowing full well they would be lost is comparable to buying something that was rendered irrelevant?

That can be turned around as well.

We bought the coin knowing full well that the content would not be available at all times.

There was a reasonable expectation that the content would be brought back at regular intervals. This is such a terrible argument that I can’t believe even you are making it.

If you got to use your “lifetime membership” to a gym for a month, then it closed down “for maintenance,” you’re telling me telling me that you don’t feel like you should have access to some of the facilities after two years? Yeah, please do keep turning these arguments around, because they’re only helping my case.

Yeah, I didn’t think you’d respond to my latest assessment of this “argument” either, since you didn’t respond to this one.

-Mike O’Brien

lordkrall.7241

If you buy unlimited access to a local amusement park and use it for a month, after which time it closes down for maintenance for a year and a half with the elusive promise that “someday it’ll be back” you really don’t believe that you would demand a refund, on account of “it’s been too long and my right to a refund expired?” Really?

Because I’d think you’d be (justified in) saying that you felt the business was trustworthy, that they were going to bring that content back seasonally, and learning that absolutely no maintenance was being scheduled for the park totally and completely means that you’re eligible for a refund.

No, I simply point out that they aren’t necessarily required to give me a refund, seeing as the content/park will come back.

People keep arguing that it was a stated fact that SAB would return seasonally, that was never even slightly hinted at. People ASSUMED it would be like that. Never in anyway or form have it ever been stated however. We know that it will come back however, therefore refunds aren’t issued.

I would also say that the reason that most people waited half a year before requesting their refunds might also very well effect it. If you want a refund for something, you request it in a short amount of time. Not half a year later. I can’t really think of anything that would allow a refund for a (used no less) item after that period, unless it expressively says so when you buy it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

CrashTestAuto.9108

This guy gets it.
There is practically only one voice in this thread against bringing back SAB or refunding the continue coin. Other players who actively hate the content hive chimed in that they think the coin should at least be refunded.

Personally I don’t want my coin refunded, I want the kitten thing to work. But it is pretty bad to know that no one has been able to get a refund when one is fully deserved at this point.

Oh I’d much rather they turned the thing back on. I’d love it if, if there is a mass support claim, they just turn worlds one and two on permanently. I’m really sad that it’s come to a point where I simply have to accept that coin is useless and ask for my gems back.