Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Today’s my birthday, and I asked Skrittaclaws for SAB to come back.

Are you going to make Skrittaclaws betray my poor heart, Anet? Are you?

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

I need a weeks notice, so I can book that month off for SAB time. xD
And

1. This thread shall not be on the second page

Which is why we need more to talk about. Devs probably avoid this page because there’s hardly anything but us complaining, but very little of constructive info towards the future of SAB and what we want to see.
I saw the centipede creature in the data mining picture, and with my earlier post/picture, it’d be good to discuss world 3.

In fact, I only saw 4 new levels in the picture, meaning, that either the world 3 is the last one before the last boss fight , or that they haven’t a full idea of what to add to world 4 in the future.

It’s possible that they are working on a world 3 and 4 but the maps haven’t been included in the picture. Take my example of this after world 1. You couldn’t originally see world 3 zone 1 (that we think it is). I have hope for two full worlds, whenever they arrive.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I need a weeks notice, so I can book that month off for SAB time. xD
And

1. This thread shall not be on the second page

Which is why we need more to talk about. Devs probably avoid this page because there’s hardly anything but us complaining, but very little of constructive info towards the future of SAB and what we want to see.
I saw the centipede creature in the data mining picture, and with my earlier post/picture, it’d be good to discuss world 3.

In fact, I only saw 4 new levels in the picture, meaning, that either the world 3 is the last one before the last boss fight , or that they haven’t a full idea of what to add to world 4 in the future.

There is only three, the last world is where the black knight lives and where Princess Miya is held. It is definitely the last area of World 4.

The first area we can expect to be caverns with weird miners who steal baubles, because that is how the bonus area from World 2 worked. That is also what the area looked like when we met the genie.

I particularly interested in how Area 2 will work because it appears to be an underwater level, which is not something ANet has been keen to work on. I wonder if they’re trying to do that and it’s giving them trouble, or if they’re working on something else, assuming they’re actually doing anything. After that we have a standard lava level, but it might have the added bonus of mining cart rides.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: KingT.1907

KingT.1907

I can´t wait to see what World 3 looks like in the end.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I just hope when World 3 is released the TM weapons actually look (deepish) red and not like a pinkish color.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

I just hope when World 3 is released the TM weapons actually look (deepish) red and not like a pinkish color.

Same- I want a blood-red axe.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Kal Spiro.9745

I hadn’t thought of that, I just assumed they would be a dark red, but the effect of making them transparent might mess it up. Whatever, I want that too. I could definitely go for a red focus for my necro, and maybe red daggers for my eventual elementalist.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Flamy.7623

Flamy.7623

Welp, although this datamined centipede seems very promising I still don’t believe that SAB will be released soon. Guess what, expectations are delusional…

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

Who said that W3 weapons will be red?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

According to Colin Johanson, Guild Wars 2 Game Director, Super Adventure Box will be back in the future. We don’t have a timeframe for the return of the SAB, but we will be bringing back this popular content.

I know you would like more details, more info, a date, etc., but that’s not available right now. I hope the above comment reassures you, though, because at the core, the important answer is that yes, SAB will be back in the future.

This was posted 6 months ago, after a 1 year long waiting period. Perhaps since it is taking years to make new content for SAB Anet should just re-release what was already made so that we may enjoy it once more? Please!

Posted by: Etybagig.6012

Etybagig.6012

At this point I wouldn’t even care if there was no rewards. Just playing it was tons of fun. I JUST WANT TO PLAY SAB AGAIN!!!

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

Red or Purple weapon skins would work well for dark jedi characters. >:)

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i dont remember exactly but i thought it was common knowledge. blue for base weapons, then a unique color for each worlds trib mode: green, yellow, red, purple, in that order. generally follows item rarity colors, except for red.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

i dont remember exactly but i thought it was common knowledge. blue for base weapons, then a unique color for each worlds trib mode: green, yellow, red, purple, in that order. generally follows item rarity colors, except for red.

Bauble colors as well

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

The baubles have that order:

Blue = 1 bauble
Green = 5 baubles
Yellow = 10 baubles
Red = 20 baubles
Purple = 50 baubles

Also the rupees in Zelda (Wind Waker and TT with yellow too) were like that:
Green = 1 rupee
Blue = 5 rupees
Yellow = 10 rupees
Red = 20 rupees
Purple = 50 rupees

So beside the green and blue ones surely a reference.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Josh Foreman said so in a thread that must have been removed. The wiki references it.

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Josh Foreman said so in a thread that must have been removed. The wiki references it.

Yeah the original thread which had a TON of back and forth with Josh has long since been removed. That behavior was seen as a stain on anet’s reputation because it made the complete and utter lack of real communication from every other dev look even worse.

And communication was actually worse then than it is now, if you can believe it.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Yeah the original thread which had a TON of back and forth with Josh has long since been removed. That behavior was seen as a stain on anet’s reputation because it made the complete and utter lack of real communication from every other dev look even worse.

And communication was actually worse then than it is now, if you can believe it.

Fear not, for I’ve found the post informing about the weapon skin colours:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/sab-bts/Finally-dagger-skins/page/2#post2730102

Also, the thread with all the “back and forth” is also still in existence, just moved to the archive:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/sab-bts/Is-it-too-hard-Respect-the-awesome-work/first

Conspiracy theories everywhere… :P

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

Kind of makes me sad to read through Josh’s posts
At least red and purple weapons make me excited.

(edited by doombreaker.3710)

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Kind of makes me sad to read through Josh’s posts

Yeah me too… I posted in that thread back then to assure him and the rest of the team that their work is appreciated, but I doubt they ever saw that post between all the complaints…

It must have been really demotivating to read throught this thread for the devs involved… I totally understand the delay in releasing a new world and that they probably also work on improvements in world 2 (they probably want to get it “right” this time)… Doesn’t change I want the SAB back though

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Did you know that every time sab comes back and angel gets its wings?

Kal Spiro.9745

Josh, the lead creator of SAB, because the worlds follow rarity, kind of. So blue is base, then green for world 1, yellow for world 2, red for world 3 and purple for world 4.

Ayrilana.1396

Fear not, for I’ve found the post informing about the weapon skin colours:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/sab-bts/Finally-dagger-skins/page/2#post2730102

Also, the thread with all the “back and forth” is also still in existence, just moved to the archive:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/sab-bts/Is-it-too-hard-Respect-the-awesome-work/first

Conspiracy theories everywhere… :P

Likely needed to add the archive subdirectory it seems. The threads do appear to be deleted if you forget that everything was sent to the archive.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Tuesday and still nothing. The maintenance got my hopes up

Posted by: Shimto.7150

Shimto.7150

Sorry to disappoint you guys but Anet has answered in a french topic about the SAB (https://forum-fr.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/game/Super-adventure-box-3) and we’ll probably not have the SAB back till a long time…

For those who don’t understand french, Anet just tell that “their efforts are concentrated on the first expansion for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.”

Posted by: Etybagig.6012

Etybagig.6012

Sorry to disappoint you guys but Anet has answered in a french topic about the SAB (https://forum-fr.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/game/Super-adventure-box-3) and we’ll probably not have the SAB back till a long time…

For those who don’t understand french, Anet just tell that “their efforts are concentrated on the first expansion for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.”

Sorry but I’m not taking a post from the french communicator too seriously. Give me a post from someone closer to the action and I’ll believe it.

Kal Spiro.9745

Yes, this was mentioned a couple times throughout the forums. They’re not doing anything at all till HoT is done.

Posted by: Silvy.3816

Silvy.3816

ANet answered in 5day post at french forum , instead of anwering here. Best comunication ever.
It means that first april SAB bug was special joke for that_shaman.
So sad we wouldn’t get any content before HoT release.

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

i talked via email with arenanet support and Gaile Gray about SAb answer me this:

It is true that we have not said anything about Super Adventure Box in a while, but honestly, there is nothing new to say about it yet. I posted a few months ago to reassure the community of players that SAB will be back in the future, but that we did not have a date for its return. The same remains true today. We will be bringing it back, but we have not set an exact date for its return.

btw ty Gaile for the answer.

CrashTestAuto.9108

i talked via email with arenanet support and Gaile Gray about SAb answer me this:

It is true that we have not said anything about Super Adventure Box in a while, but honestly, there is nothing new to say about it yet. I posted a few months ago to reassure the community of players that SAB will be back in the future, but that we did not have a date for its return. The same remains true today. We will be bringing it back, but we have not set an exact date for its return.

Guess it’s time for refund requests on the Infinite Continue Coin? If it’s not coming till after HoT, that’ll be two years minimum that the thing has been useless.

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

Guess it’s time for refund requests on the Infinite Continue Coin? If it’s not coming till after HoT, that’ll be two years minimum that the thing has been useless.

idk… but , last year they didn’t add SAB because it wasn’t in lore with the living story , soo now it’s the perfect time to add it , we are in a long break… i don’t think they are gonna add SAB nearly after the launch of HoT… i don’t wanna wait next year for SAB….

Posted by: KingT.1907

KingT.1907

So all we get are some excuses why they didn´t add it this year.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Fixing broken thread.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I’m not even a SAB fan and I find the release of the SAB minis to be distasteful if there’s no intention to bring SAB back very soon. What were they thinking?

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I’m not even a SAB fan and I find the release of the SAB minis to be distasteful if there’s no intention to bring SAB back very soon. What were they thinking?

save this stuff for when the minis leave the chests. so the kittenstorm can grow.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Ayrilana.1396

Pretty much what I thought in another thread why we haven’t seen it yet despite the increased gaps between updates.

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

Can they not just re-enable it and up the token requirements to purchase certain things?

Guhracie.3419

Once again, we’re stuck without any centralized news source and receiving this news via another customer kind enough to translate for those of us who don’t speak the language in which it was posted. Does ANET have any kind of internal communication going on, or is everyone just kind of doing their own thing?

This whole situation is just revolting, and has been the final nail in the HoT coffin, for me.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

CrashTestAuto.9108

Once again, we’re stuck without any centralized news source and receiving this news via another customer kind enough to translate for those of us who don’t speak the language in which it was posted. Does ANET have any kind of internal communication going on, or is everyone just kind of doing their own thing?

This whole situation is just revolting, and has been the final nail in the HoT coffin, for me.

It isn’t the final nail for me, but I think its the biggest. The minis going in the chests on the 31st was such an insult that I really don’t want to give ANet money. I will probably buy HoT, because I care about my guild so I’m staying. But I’m avoiding buying gems as much as I can.

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

Im in the same boat.
I love the game so I’m not gonna lie and scream ‘im not buying HoT if you dont X’ but… I’ve also restrained from buying quite a few gemstore items that I would have normally been very willing to spend cash on. Didnt like anything in LS2 that I wanted to support. I dont support RNG-gambling. I dont inherently dislike costumes but I dont support those very often in lieu of real armor releases. I dont support their lack of instanced content (including lack of SAB). Rubbing it in our noses and taking advantage of those people that will spend hundreds to get those minipets is kinda sick.

I got some gems when they announced HoT because I support them finally making a real expansion, but otherwise I back up A.net’s withholding with my own withholding.

Kal Spiro.9745

I want it, but I really can’t blame HoT for it.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

This. It was a dev that confirmed the color order, when tribulation mode was announced/released (when we had green/yellow known).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: enamel.8406

enamel.8406

Great… no living world season 1 and no SAB for new players. Now get rid of halloween cause it’s repeatable content and it’s no use bringing it back EVER :<.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Great… no living world season 1 and no SAB for new players. Now get rid of halloween cause it’s repeatable content and it’s no use bringing it back EVER :<.

You are aware that year 1 Halloween haven’t been doable since year 1, right?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: tboneking.2531

tboneking.2531

This thread just fell back to the second page so I thought I’d change that!

As someone who never got a chance to really play very much of SAB, I would LOVE to be able to venture back in there while I wait for HoT. The release of the SAB minis in the chests was a real slap in the face to everyone.

I miss the days when more things were updated than the gemstore

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

What’s this thread doing on page two? I’ll fix it.

To all the people saying “spend less gems”. No, if you truly are upset, vote fully with your wallet and close it. If you don’t care, then more power to you.

Posted by: bobjoelol.5163

bobjoelol.5163

So devs are still going to ignore this post sigh >.< could at least have the kindness to confirm no sab this year or even say your working on and not lie or something >> its no wonder people say the this game has bad costumer support xD

Therodin.2970

Whose decision was it to put those SAB mini’s in the black lion trading post? Couldn’t the person who usually asks anet questions for us go ask that person why they wanted to hurt our feelings?

Guhracie.3419

Whose decision was it to put those SAB mini’s in the black lion trading post? Couldn’t the person who usually asks anet questions for us go ask that person why they wanted to hurt our feelings?

Because money.

-Mike O’Brien

Therodin.2970

Because money.

That is very depressing