Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gd Anubis.4951

Gd Anubis.4951

So I know it’s not a high priority with HoT coming out, but any chance that we could get an update as to when and if Season 3 (World 3) will be released? It’s been 2 years now and some bought the Infinite Coin for this purpose, to be used in SaB…

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

“We’re all focused on expansion – both the announced details, and the un-announced details and simply can’t peel anyone off a team to work on it right now without it effecting expac. The two SAB worlds we’ve seen will return as we’ve said before, but simply put our focus right now is on making the expansion amazing

Source.

I should also point out the Canis Majoris of a thread about SAB which this thread will ultimately merge with.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

SAB will be back when they are getting back into LW cvontent.
I’ve given up asking on the huge SAB thread that is somewhere on the forums.
Just scroll threw it and see how many times people have asked.

It’ll be back “soon” ™ Just wait.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

SAB will be back when they are getting back into LW cvontent.
I’ve given up asking on the huge SAB thread that is somewhere on the forums.
Just scroll threw it and see how many times people have asked.

It’ll be back “soon” ™ Just wait.

except, didn’t they basically say that SAB wasn’t considered LW content?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Yes so realistically and very very sadly honestly you can not expect sab anytime before living world season 3 ends.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

If only things could be different.

Attachments:

Therodin.2970

As much as i like to mention the infinite continue coin to get people talking about sab i definitely do not want them to give refunds for it because if they did then i feel sab is really and truly dead.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

As much as i like to mention the infinite continue coin to get people talking about sab i definitely do not want them to give refunds for it because if they did then i feel sab is really and truly dead.

Why do people think like this?

The continue coin exists and that hasn’t stopped ANet from completely disregarding SAB as a whole, anyway.

I’d much rather get a refund and have SAB be truly dead rather than get strung along endlessly.

Therodin.2970

Why do people think like this?

The continue coin exists and that hasn’t stopped ANet from completely disregarding SAB as a whole, anyway.

I’d much rather get a refund and have SAB be truly dead rather than get strung along endlessly.

I would rather have misplaced hope than (how much was the coin? Like 10 bucks or something?) 10 dollars in gems.

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

I would rather have misplaced hope than (how much was the coin? Like 10 bucks or something?) 10 dollars in gems.

Yeah.
For $10 you got a game item which is useless and “We don’t care” finger as bonus in response to it.

Worthy~

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Given that there is sod all to do in game at the moment, even if no work has been done on it since it made its last appearance, what possible harm could it do to open it up for a couple of weeks?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Given that there is sod all to do in game at the moment, even if no work has been done on it since it made its last appearance, what possible harm could it do to open it up for a couple of weeks?

Can’t you at least read the thread before posting?

As have been stating a rather large number of times it simply don’t work due to changes being made to the engine. So they HAVE to work on it in order for it to work at all.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Therodin.2970

Can’t you at least read the thread before posting?

As have been stating a rather large number of times it simply don’t work due to changes being made to the engine. So they HAVE to work on it in order for it to work at all.

Asking someone to read 50 pages of mostly merged and therefore hard to read posts is a bit much. It seems like much less work for everyone involved if he just say’s his opinion and then we tell him what he doesn’t know about the subject.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I would love to compare my tribulation times with other players.

I challenge you to best my 4 hours per level (groan)

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Seeings as we haven’t gotten anything new to do for a while, Any chance of getting SAB back for a bit?

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Seeings as we haven’t gotten anything new to do for a while, Any chance of getting SAB back for a bit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3bqhaf/infinite_continue_coin/csoszn5

Rinith’s reply is probably the closest description to the reality as of today where we stand with SAB. We’ve made a number of changes to the physics engine as a result of places like Silverwastes, Dry Top, and the expac that means we need to go back and re-work SAB to use all the new movement systems. It also needs a pretty solid rewards overhaul, and I know Josh would love to make some changes to world 2 before it returns.

We’re all focused on expansion – both the announced details, and the un-announced details and simply can’t peel anyone off a team to work on it right now without it effecting expac. The two SAB worlds we’ve seen will return as we’ve said before, but simply put our focus right now is on making the expansion amazing

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

As a main pvp player, the SAB was the only real thing that I had an absolute blast with. Played it day in and day out. So well thought out, why it wasn’t a simple annual thing like they said it would be blows my mind. Like any other yearly event, not too difficult.

Säïnt

JustTrogdor.7892

So well thought out, why it wasn’t a simple annual thing like they said it would be blows my mind. Like any other yearly event, not too difficult.

See my post above. Apparently due to changes in the physics engine it is more difficult to bring back than most think.

The Burninator

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

So well thought out, why it wasn’t a simple annual thing like they said it would be blows my mind. Like any other yearly event, not too difficult.

See my post above. Apparently due to changes in the physics engine it is more difficult to bring back than most think.

So basically once HoT drops it will prob be more or less back soon after. Eh as long as they havn’t dropped it I’m fine with that. In 3 years I’ve realized anything could happen with Anet.

Säïnt

Posted by: LordLathes.5246

LordLathes.5246

could you please introduce Again the SAB ? Has Been left in half without any apparent reason , was a stupendous content now left to itself , I understand the amount of Employment in which you have to confront every day , but I think that a large slice of the user wants to see the return SAB because it is simply spectacular the most simple and ingenious idea you had and , in my opinion , one of the most beautiful content between all games on the market , in a trust describe your answer, thank you for the work you do and I hope you to collect my desire . Thank you so much.

Therodin.2970

While i would love love love the return of sab and it would definitely increase my gw2 gaming time and i would totally spend gems on sab items to support it, They have all there eggs in the HOT basket and things don’t seem to be going very well for them so i doubt they are willing to shift any resources to the sab train.

Therodin.2970

So basically once HoT drops it will prob be more or less back soon after. Eh as long as they havn’t dropped it I’m fine with that. In 3 years I’ve realized anything could happen with Anet.

That is unrealistic, they have already shown in the past that they do not want to bring sab back during a living story season and one should start right after Hot drops. and those take about 6 months. I would honestly not be surprised if SAB never got fixed and released again.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

That is unrealistic, they have already shown in the past that they do not want to bring sab back during a living story season and one should start right after Hot drops. and those take about 6 months. I would honestly not be surprised if SAB never got fixed and released again.

They need to hire people and get it done if it’s what it takes. If they really broke SAB that bad then it is a serious mistake on their part.

Posted by: cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

50 pages of playerbase wanting SAB badly and still nothing, so much for we listen to our fans i guess riots need to be had for our voices to be heard :c

I mean, they already use their trademarked when its ready excuse for HoT, so why not put a few peeps on fixing these mystery problems that prevent us from having fun while we wait ??

lordkrall.7241

50 pages of playerbase wanting SAB badly and still nothing, so much for we listen to our fans i guess riots need to be had for our voices to be heard :c

I mean, they already use their trademarked when its ready excuse for HoT, so why not put a few peeps on fixing these mystery problems that prevent us from having fun while we wait ??

50 pages, with multiple comments made by the devs, the latest outright stating that they need to change rather much issues in order to get it to work at all. Work that no company in their right mind would do while working on a major release.

People raging won’t magically make things work.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Glox.5942

Glox.5942

Not sure if you know the facts about SAB.
But the primary reason for it being gone are that it don’t work anymore. As it broke due to some of the new changes they added to the game engine. So they need to rewrite alot of the code for it, and currently all the resources are concentrating on getting HoT ready for release.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

So before the physics changes they weren’t actively working on it because not many people played it the second time around(according to ArenaNet’s metrics)and now it’s because of physics changes?

Or nah?

I didn’t play much because,

1. I didn’t have time in the short amount of time it was released since I am a casual player, and also because,

2. I recall that they released SAB v2 during the same period of time as a WvW event. (Or if not WvW then some other time-limited event) I had to choose between the two events and the other event required more of my time.

If they think not enough people are playing, then GIVE us CASUALS a BIGGER time window to play it and DON’T release it at the same time as other limited time events!!

I really wanted to play SAB a lot more but I didn’t even get the first part done let alone get a chance to do part two.

SAB to me seemed like the kind of thing I would play even if the rewards weren’t huge. I don’t know why it can’t be a seasonal event in itself for the summer every summer for at least a months time.

Like how we have Halloween and Wintersday.

I know they like to make new stuff every year for those but they really don’t even have to do that much. GW1 seasonal events were largely the same every year with just a few little changes and I was perfectly happy with those seasonal events.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

SAB would be perfect right now.
Not like it will happen though. Not even sure how long until HoT is due, let alone SAB…..

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

50 pages, with multiple comments made by the devs, the latest outright stating that they need to change rather much issues in order to get it to work at all. Work that no company in their right mind would do while working on a major release.

You mean 1 right? That’s multiple? I have not dug through the thread (again), but I only seem to recall one made by Gaile Gray.

Please stop lying. Thanks.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I was one of the few persons that didnt care for sab at all. But so many people I talk to just loved it. So why not open it up for those wanting it?

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

could you please introduce Again the SAB ? Has Been left in half without any apparent reason , was a stupendous content now left to itself , I understand the amount of Employment in which you have to confront every day , but I think that a large slice of the user wants to see the return SAB because it is simply spectacular the most simple and ingenious idea you had and , in my opinion , one of the most beautiful content between all games on the market , in a trust describe your answer, thank you for the work you do and I hope you to collect my desire . Thank you so much.

Colin explained why SAB won’t be returning soon:

“Rinith’s reply is probably the closest description to the reality as of today where we stand with SAB. We’ve made a number of changes to the physics engine as a result of places like Silverwastes, Dry Top, and the expac that means we need to go back and re-work SAB to use all the new movement systems. It also needs a pretty solid rewards overhaul, and I know Josh would love to make some changes to world 2 before it returns.

We’re all focused on expansion – both the announced details, and the un-announced details and simply can’t peel anyone off a team to work on it right now without it effecting expac. The two SAB worlds we’ve seen will return as we’ve said before, but simply put our focus right now is on making the expansion amazing"

Source

So when it does return, it will be after the release of Heart of Thorns.

Therodin.2970

Could they outsource fixing sab? And if they could do it but did not want to pay for it, they could do something like kickstarter, Or if they did not want to use a third party website they could release all the sab gem store items and say all gems spent on them went towards the fixing of sab with a cool counter and stuff. What are the problems with that idea?

lordkrall.7241

Could they outsource fixing sab? And if they could do it but did not want to pay for it, they could do something like kickstarter, Or if they did not want to use a third party website they could release all the sab gem store items and say all gems spent on them went towards the fixing of sab with a cool counter and stuff. What are the problems with that idea?

The fact that no matter how much money you throw at something it doesn’t magically get fixed. They will still need people that knows the system to spend quite a bit of time to fix it. Time that needs to be taken from something else.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Therodin.2970

The fact that no matter how much money you throw at something it doesn’t magically get fixed. They will still need people that knows the system to spend quite a bit of time to fix it. Time that needs to be taken from something else.

But how different is the system from other common systems? I don’t know anything about that, which is why I’m asking a question and not stating an opinion. Because i don’t have to use the same mechanic every time i get my car fixed, I can go to a new one without him needing to consult my old one . Also i do think enough money could fix the problem. I am sure if they have a reasonably large amount of employees that they could take one who could help with sab and put him on sab and then replace him with someone new that they just hired.

Posted by: Zerkules.4128

Zerkules.4128

all I have to say to this is…. Shenmue 3 has a release date… but there is no release date for Guild Wars 2 : Heart of Thorns or the return of SAB. I never thought I would be able to type those words.

Also Blade and Soul has a release date…. never thought I would type those either. At this rate I am expecting them to release in December… or maybe next year.

lordkrall.7241

But how different is the system from other common systems? I don’t know anything about that, which is why I’m asking a question and not stating an opinion. Because i don’t have to use the same mechanic every time i get my car fixed, I can go to a new one without him needing to consult my old one . Also i do think enough money could fix the problem. I am sure if they have a reasonably large amount of employees that they could take one who could help with sab and put him on sab and then replace him with someone new that they just hired.

Someone having worked on lets say WoW for 10 years, can’t just go into the ArenaNet office and then start working on GW2 at once.
You need to learn how the system is built. You need to learn which coding practices the team uses and so on. And the fact that they have stated that SAB was built with a workarounds and such would make it even harder.

No one can come in from the outside and be ready to start developing something at once. It will take time to get a new employee ready. That is simply the nature of development.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

You mean 1 right? That’s multiple? I have not dug through the thread (again), but I only seem to recall one made by Gaile Gray.

“I haven’t bothered to confirm my stance, but because of my lack of new information I know better and you must be actively deceiving.”

Well done, sir. That is an amazing example of willful ignorance. Especially considering that the information you’re missing exists on this very same page and you wouldn’t even have to go searching for it. Colin posted on Reddit within the last month and that information is kindly reproduced here in this thread.

Two is, in fact, multiple. Even if it somehow wasn’t I believe there is at least one other post somewhere in this massive thread saying more of the same.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Overgrown Grub.5921

Overgrown Grub.5921

no interest in playing it personally

but since they sold gem store items for it, it should be available for purchasers.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Reaching near 100,000 views and Anet still not telling us anything.

World 3 and 4 should be part of the expansion since they stopped doing bi-weekly living story updates.

JustTrogdor.7892

World 3 and 4 should be part of the expansion since they stopped doing bi-weekly living story updates.

I would not count on it being part of HoT. It appears the staff responsible for SAB is tied up working on HoT itself. Sigh, I guess we have to keep posting this in this thread because people seem to overlook it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3bqhaf/infinite_continue_coin/csoszn5

Rinith’s reply is probably the closest description to the reality as of today where we stand with SAB. We’ve made a number of changes to the physics engine as a result of places like Silverwastes, Dry Top, and the expac that means we need to go back and re-work SAB to use all the new movement systems. It also needs a pretty solid rewards overhaul, and I know Josh would love to make some changes to world 2 before it returns.

We’re all focused on expansion – both the announced details, and the un-announced details and simply can’t peel anyone off a team to work on it right now without it effecting expac. The two SAB worlds we’ve seen will return as we’ve said before, but simply put our focus right now is on making the expansion amazing

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Anet has told us plenty. We may not like what we were told but that is something else entirely.

Posted by: Jawmeow.4502

Jawmeow.4502

SAB world 3 should have been part of the expansion. Why have people wait for so long if you’re not even going to add it to the expansion?

This.

Therodin.2970

SAB world 3 should have been part of the expansion. Why have people wait for so long if you’re not even going to add it to the expansion?

This.

I would love for SAB to be made permanent with HOT and for W3 to be added but considering what they have said on the issue it seems unreasonable to expect that. Maybe they just like us being angry and are going to surprise us with it though

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

“I haven’t bothered to confirm my stance, but because of my lack of new information I know better and you must be actively deceiving.”

Well done, sir. That is an amazing example of willful ignorance. Especially considering that the information you’re missing exists on this very same page and you wouldn’t even have to go searching for it. Colin posted on Reddit within the last month and that information is kindly reproduced here in this thread.

Two is, in fact, multiple. Even if it somehow wasn’t I believe there is at least one other post somewhere in this massive thread saying more of the same.

I was bored, so I went through the thread and looked.

Gaile is the only one to have ever posted in this thread. She posted four times. The first time was to tell us that Colin had personally told her that SAB would be back in “the future”.

The second and third times were just her interacting with the community because someone had responded to that first post of hers with a “NOOOOOOOO”.

The fourth was her post from four months ago saying that nothing had changed.

So, yes. Multiple posts have been made. Though I would argue only two of those actually had any worth so far as info confirmed, and even then, the second one that is worth anything only told us nothing had changed.

I guess you could tack on Colin’s as a fifth (arguably third), since it actually, for the first time ever, says anything truly worth saying, by being truly informative. It’s only too bad that he couldn’t be bothered to give that information on the official forums, in the official SAB thread.

Sure would have been nice. But sure, ANet has met the minimum requirements for multiple posts, laughable as they are.

Therodin.2970

I would have just preferred this info like 2 years ago >.>

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

12 months, 2500 posts, over 90k views since this thread started.

Soon on September 3rd will mark exactly 2 years since Super Adventure Box: Back to School was released. Just as well, on September 30th will mark 2 years since SAB was locked, making it inaccessible.

My Infinite Continue Coin has been dusting in the bank for all this time. How much longer it is acceptable to us wait to use an item sold on the gemstore which is now locked away and, by info from dev, will keep with that status for an unknown period?

Would be nice if this case was finally addressed by Anet.

I am sure none of us would be complaining about the infinite continue coin if was tagged as temporary use only during the season 2: Back to School, which wasn’t the case.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

SAB is meh.
Gameboy games can be emulated on PC.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Posted by: Mufasa.8415

Mufasa.8415

Ready for SAB to come back

Drunken Mufasa
The Stonemouth Keep
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Nephera.2576

Nephera.2576

Rest in peace anybody who got sick and died or got hit by a car waiting to use that infinite coin again.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

12 months, 2500 posts, over 90k views since this thread started.

Soon on September 3rd will mark exactly 2 years since Super Adventure Box: Back to School was released. Just as well, on September 30th will mark 2 years since SAB was locked, making it inaccessible.

My Infinite Continue Coin has been dusting in the bank for all this time. How much longer it is acceptable to us wait to use an item sold on the gemstore which is now locked away and, by info from dev, will keep with that status for an unknown period?

Would be nice if this case was finally addressed by Anet.

I am sure none of us would be complaining about the infinite continue coin if was tagged as temporary use only during the season 2: Back to School, which wasn’t the case.

I think the big thing is that it’s just over a month until two years of ANet refusing to refund a completely useless item that people paid real world money for.