Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

I feel like sab should be worth it money wise to make, there are lots of gem store items they can sell with it/make for it.

If they did they could sell these items again;
Super Explosive Finisher
Miniature Super Trio
Miniature Super Trio – World 2
Plush Moto Backpack Cover
Super Adventure Box o’ Fun
Infinite Continue Coin
World 1 Super Boom Box
World 2 Super Boom Box

In addition they could also potentially release;
A new finisher
Miniature Super Trio – World 3
Plush Miya Backpack Cover
Permanent Adventure Box o’ Fun
World 3 Super Boom Box
SAB mail carrier

All combined they would definitely get plenty of gem purchases from bringing back SAB.

I would buy everything SAB related that I’m missing, and then some!

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

I don’t ever buy mini’s, every time sab has been opened i have purchased all the paraphernalia to specifically show my support in the way i thought anet would care about the most.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I don’t ever buy mini’s, every time sab has been opened i have purchased all the paraphernalia to specifically show my support in the way i thought anet would care about the most.

You are not alone, the only minis I have ever bought are the SAB minis, I even purchased an extra world 2 set to obtain the super assassin.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Therodin.2970

If you fall and go flat without dieing the super boom box usually gets jammed into your skull and keeps playing. Happens to one of your guys every guild mission, it is awesome

Aedelric.1287

I never seen that happen, though I hardly ever see anyone use a boom box ingame.

Therodin.2970

The … adventure? system they talked about would make SAB scores comparable probably. I think that’s what it was called.

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

2 years have passed since last SAB
At least there is a song xD
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3jq5va/bring_back_sab_suck_at_love/

Therodin.2970

SAB march 2016! We can do it guys!

Posted by: egzius.9031

egzius.9031

Now that they have their f2p playerbase they don’t need SAB. As time goes, it will be less and less remembered. They actually should be less inclined to do it, since a smaller % wants it now after f2p.

Miss Lana Too.5794

Now that they have their f2p playerbase they don’t need SAB. As time goes, it will be less and less remembered. They actually should be less inclined to do it, since a smaller % wants it now after f2p.

They’ve said that it will be back, that’s why we’re not getting refunds on our Infinite Continue Coins. The thing that irritates me is that they’re happy to sit on the money we’ve given them for this item, but not tell us when the content that it enables us to play will be back, apart from “soon”.

It’s like either give us a date for the content or give us the refund. At this point it’s just a waste of space in my bank.

Miss Lana Too.5794

2 years have passed since last SAB
At least there is a song xD
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3jq5va/bring_back_sab_suck_at_love/

Oh wow thanks for this! I’d not heard it before! It’s gonna be stuck in my head for a good long while now!

egzius.9031

Soon may be after GW2 is shut down and ANet is bankrupt. Just saying.

Therodin.2970

I would not be surprised if SAB never returns, I 100% believe they mean it when they say soon. But i also 100% believe when they said they weren’t going to do an expansion model. Over time there priorities change and other stuff starts looking more attractive, so im sure when they have the time to work on SAB something else will look more important.

Posted by: Omirag.9408

Omirag.9408

I need it and I dont understand why it isnt enabled!?!? I am trying to get some of my friends to play this game and this is really a point I could use to sell it to them. Do you think there is any hope of seeing it revived soon?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s not enabled because it’s broken. It won’t be back until they can/will dedicate people to updating/fixing it so it can run again,

“We’ve made a number of changes to the physics engine as a result of places like Silverwastes, Dry Top, and the expac that means we need to go back and re-work SAB to use all the new movement systems. It also needs a pretty solid rewards overhaul, and I know Josh would love to make some changes to world 2 before it returns.

We’re all focused on expansion – both the announced details, and the un-announced details and simply can’t peel anyone off a team to work on it right now without it effecting expac. The two SAB worlds we’ve seen will return as we’ve said before, but simply put our focus right now is on making the expansion amazing "

http://dulfy.net/2015/07/01/gw2-colin-explains-why-sab-is-not-returning-soon/

Posted by: Omirag.9408

Omirag.9408

Ah, Thank you! That is too bad. Maybe I will wait to bring people into the game until a few months after the xpac, when some of the cool features come back! Can’t wait

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

While its great that we finally got an answer on it, I do think that two years is WAY over the limit on how long they should have kept infinite continue coin money. A gem refund on an item that has been entirely useless for this long seems long past due. The “its coming back” excuse really doesn’t hold at this stage.

They took real money for a product they aren’t providing, and to my knowledge haven’t even apologised for the delay. In any other industry a refund, an apology, and possibly even some kind of compensation (before the “entitled” comments come, I’m not asking for that) would have been offered.

Posted by: CptTrips.6512

CptTrips.6512

vote for merge

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

its just sooo amazing
this has revived my inner asura

pls anet make SAB 3 make a thing in 2016
(or at least fix the first two worlds..)

Aedelric.1287

Not my kind of music, but that video was impressive.

I completely agree with it, we want the SAB back!

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

BRING US BACK THAT SAB!!! =D

Therodin.2970

Those poor asuran children

Posted by: yurdun.2501

yurdun.2501

SAB is the most fun I’ve had in this game! I wish they would make it permanent! If anyone reads this from ANET please respond with your intentions on it. I would love to know it was coming back to stay this time.

Posted by: Wilkinator.5620

Wilkinator.5620

I’m a relatively new player, and I just learned of the Super Adventure Box. Based on what I saw, it looks amazing, and I am eager to play it. Bring this back so new guys like myself can experience this magnificent and fun adventure for ourselves. BRING IT BACK & BRING IT ON!!!!! ^U^

Therodin.2970

The earliest we can expect SAB to realistically be worked on ( not return but be worked on) Is after season 3 of the living story is completely finished. Which probably won’t be until sometime around the end of spring 2016. :/

Posted by: Meow Ice.2841

Meow Ice.2841

Just give us SAB.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It doesn’t work in the game now and won’t work until they can dedicate people to fixing it. The end.

Posted by: JJMoshpotatoes.4386

JJMoshpotatoes.4386

After seeing how the mordrem event was handled I think if they released SAB now it would be so borked. Haha. I want it back too :/

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I think the best we can hope for is a refund on the Infinite Continue Coin people paid real money for two years ago.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

“We”?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I count three people here, including myself that want it, therefore WE want it. If you don’t want it, you don’t have to be a member of We.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Aedelric.1287

“We”?

`We´ would not be wrong as the majority of people want it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Super-Adventure-Box-merged-1/page/52#post5475452

No doubt this will be merged.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

“We”?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Super-Adventure-Box-merged-1/page/52#post5475452

Some group of people want it. It is impossible to accurately gauge the percentage of the population of the game that do. But a sizable number do and it is reasonable to expect that a large population of new players would also enjoy it if it returned.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

@Aedelric
You kind of pulled majority out your kitten .

Kal Spiro was spot on.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Aedelric.1287

@Aedelric
You kind of pulled majority out your kitten .

No kittens were harmed, honest!

Aedelric.1287

“We”?

Some group of people want it. It is impossible to accurately gauge the percentage of the population of the game that do. But a sizable number do and it is reasonable to expect that a large population of new players would also enjoy it if it returned.

Some people want it? That is a gross understatement.

This is kinda is easy to gauge, many SAB protests in game, a massive topic on the forums, we even have a SAB music video begging for SAB to return! Couple this with very few people posting against the return of SAB and I think you have your answer.

SAB will return, soon as we get this HoT nonsense out of the way.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

“We”?

Some people want it? That is a gross understatement.

This is kinda is easy to gauge, many SAB protests in game, a massive topic on the forums, we even have a SAB music video begging for SAB to return! Couple this with very few people posting against the return of SAB and I think you have your answer.

SAB will return, soon as we get this HoT nonsense out of the way.

Provide accurate numbers then with links to your sources since it’s so easy to gauge.

Aedelric.1287

Provide accurate numbers then.

You could provide accurate numbers and prove everyone that disagrees with you wrong. Seems you care so deeply about the accuracy of peoples statements.

Me? I have better things to do with my time, later!

egzius.9031

Tough luck, ANET wants money. Their “strategists” don’t think SAB is good. No SAB until they replace their strategists.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Provide accurate numbers then.

You could provide accurate numbers and prove everyone that disagrees with you wrong. Seems you care so deeply about the accuracy of peoples statements.

Me? I have better things to do with my time, later!

I’m not taking sides on whether SAB should be brought back or not. All that I was saying that if you’re trying to speak for a portion of the community, and act like it’s accurate, then provide the facts and sources to back it up. The thing is that the forums does not accurately reflect the community nor does the random SAB protests.

Posted by: Rahkylus.8097

Rahkylus.8097

Now let’s face the facts, we won’t shut up till we get it back.

Plz anet SAB was great and i think some new players that came with HoT would love it too

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Give SAB or riot?

xD

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Did school end early today?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Yet another one—reported! Merge coming!!!!

Posted by: DragonFlu.7314

DragonFlu.7314

What ever happened to that? Why hasn’t it come out in what feels like years? Also, does anyone know of a way to get any of moto’s weapon designs?

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

There’s a mighty lengthy zomg topic on this very subject, prepare to get posts here merged! xD

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

DragonFlu.7314

oh cool! I just didn’t see any threads related when I plugged “super adventure box” in the search bar. I guess I can try digging a bit. but if anyone could like me to it directly, that would be awesome :]

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The sticky at the the top of the forum explains that the search bar doesn’t work

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Super-Adventure-Box-merged-1/first

For your perusal. The short answer is it can’t come back atm because changes to the engine broke it and thus it needs a rework. Not something they want/have time to do right now.

DragonFlu.7314

Aw, icic… I’m all caught up with regards to this now. Still really bummed out knowing it could be serveral months before they are able to approach the rework.

At least I have this song to bide my time xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKBKak4gU0g

Therodin.2970

I don’t know why when people say i want sab, people respond with they aren’t going to work on it now. End of conversation. If for some reason a huge chunk of the population decided to care one way or the other about SAB i am sure they would change their mind about it. That’s not likely to happen but turning people away from even talking about it seems like the option least likely to lead to a fixed sab.