Naah, no hype train please.

Hype train!

Attachments:

One – Piken Square

Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

oh, no. that just the new mini they’re gonna had before never releasing SAB again.

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Stupid Adventure Box…just go buy a Commodore 64. You can have SAB forever.

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

They must be pretty desperate getting people to stay playing

You must be blind if you think there is a lack of people playing currently…

And yay I hope SAB does come back soon. I never finished all the things I wanted to do last time it was in.

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

Stupid Adventure Box…just go buy a Commodore 64. You can have SAB forever.

LOL

I don’t see the craze about it either, then again I never tried it.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

They’ll probably “release” it on the 1st of April with SAB mobs all through out in the open world. But you’ll still be not allowed to play SAB.

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Who all here wants Super Adventure Box to return but permanently? We haven’t seen it in over a year. I have the infinite coin but no SAB to use it with.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I agree. Needs to be re-added, and then permanently kept. Why? Because I spent money on that Infinite continue coin and would like to actually get my money’s worth with it, plus it was the best thing in GW2 to me, it was literally relaxation central.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Wish they would bring it back this Christmas as a gift to all of GW2

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

We haven’t seen it in over a year because it’s basically broken. It’ll have to be re-done before it can be playable in the game as it is now.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

We haven’t seen it in over a year because it’s basically broken. It’ll have to be re-done before it can be playable in the game as it is now.

As I recall, what the devs said was that SAB was designed (originally) for April Fool’s and built on top of the existing game engine, meaning SAB has to be adjusted any time there are adjustments to the physics (and various other mechanics) of Tyria…and there have been lots and lots of adjustments.

Accordingly, (again, based on what I recall the devs saying), SAB would be have to redesigned from the ground up in order to be a permanent part of the game. Given the priorities of the current game, that doesn’t seem likely to happen any time soon.

tl;dr we won’t see SAB for a long time.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

I dont doubt that its not compatible with the current game, HOWEVER!

Few months ago, someone on reddit posted that they returned to the game after years having left a (think it was.. ) lvl 4 character in SAB and because of.. (again.. not sure but I think it was..) NPE they werent allowed to leave SAB and go back to Rata Sum. They were not default kicked out. They posted video and stuff of them running around in the menu area, couple of the first areas, finally died and the game wouldnt fully kill him off in there. He had to contact A.net to get the character removed.

Just made me think.. it cant be THAT badly borked up if something like this happened.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

It’s actually been over two years since ANET sold the infinite continue coin in the gemstore and removed SAB in favor of doing “more important” things.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I dont doubt that its not compatible with the current game, HOWEVER!

Few months ago, someone on reddit posted that they returned to the game after years having left a (think it was.. ) lvl 4 character in SAB and because of.. (again.. not sure but I think it was..) NPE they werent allowed to leave SAB and go back to Rata Sum. They were not default kicked out. They posted video and stuff of them running around in the menu area, couple of the first areas, finally died and the game wouldnt fully kill him off in there. He had to contact A.net to get the character removed.

Just made me think.. it cant be THAT badly borked up if something like this happened.

read the post again: it was badly borked up — they couldn’t do anything substantive and eventually, they had to leave.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

read the post again: it was badly borked up — they couldn’t do anything substantive and eventually, they had to leave.

That doesn’t actually really mean anything concerning the viability of a current day Box though.

It could have easily been a hotmess simply because they haven’t included elements of the box in patched files whenever they updated the game and there have been a LOT of patches since the box closed. We’ve all seen how intermingled GW2’s code is by now and failing to ensure that the Box’s code was also up to snuff will build up over time.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

They are actually working on it. I hope it will be permanent.
https://twitter.com/that_shaman/status/672314254758969344

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

What if….. we don’t hear a lot (or any) about HoT fixes or get any answers because they are working too hard to surprise us with Super Adventure Box for christmas? :O

jumps on the hype train

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That doesn’t actually really mean anything concerning the viability of a current day Box though.

It could have easily been a hotmess simply because they haven’t included elements of the box in patched files whenever they updated the game and there have been a LOT of patches since the box closed. We’ve all seen how intermingled GW2’s code is by now and failing to ensure that the Box’s code was also up to snuff will build up over time.

If it doesn’t mean anything that SAB was unplayable, than accept that it means just as little that a character remained inside the instance. All that we know is that they didn’t remove the code entirely from the game. And, as you point out, the code is intermingled — it’s probably more effort than it’s worth to try to delete it entirely.

To make it a permanent part of the game, they’d have to recode it so that it loses most (if not all) of its dependencies on the evolving physics and combat mechanics in the rest of the game.

Thus, the point remains: it’s unlikely to return soon — it’s a lot of work to bring it back and there are plenty of other priorities.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s actually been over two years since ANET sold the infinite continue coin in the gemstore and removed SAB in favor of doing “more important” things.

This is the only surprising thing to me about the situation: people paid for the infinite coin with the very reasonable expectation they would have access to SAB again. I feel that ANet should, at the very least, refund the gems to those who bought the coin. (Disclaimer: I didn’t buy it and I don’t have much interest in SAB.)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

So SAB is coming back! Right?

Posted by: Lemonz.1396

Lemonz.1396

Anyone out there got some good info if SAB is ever gona come back?

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Yes, it’s coming back. ANET has been stealthily adding new SAB assets to the .dat file for the past couple of patches.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Yes, it’s coming back. ANET has been stealthily adding new SAB assets to the .dat file for the past couple of patches.

Such a shame for all those people who deleted their infinite coin.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: CptTrips.6512

CptTrips.6512

vote for merge …..

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Such a shame for all those people who deleted their infinite coin.

why delete it when you can simply leave it on an alt you only use for crafting anyways

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I feel ever since they added the Visual Nerf people are forgetting about this thread and SAB… I hope the devs are not forgetting about SAB at least…

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Sab never forgets. I actually logged onto the forums for the first time in like a month just to join the hype train from shamans datamining.

Posted by: daniellepierce.9718

daniellepierce.9718

SAB HYPE TRAIN CHOOCHOO

90% of the fun is twitch chat, 10% is the casters trying desperately to make the match interesting.

Posted by: egzius.9031

egzius.9031

SAB merchandise incoming to black lion trading shop wooo. Hype. Very.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Every time an asuran sneezes another SAB bug gets fixed <3

Posted by: egzius.9031

egzius.9031

and every time a patch comes out, 100 SAB bugs come out too

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Another patch, another SAB tease without giving us SAB

https://twitter.com/that_shaman/status/677095113290567680

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Compax.4213

Compax.4213

can’t wait to play the SAB again

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I demand my money back for this useless coin. I have made a ticket and was refused. Instead they basically told me to eat kitten and post here.

Give me my money back.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

As I recall, what the devs said was that SAB was designed (originally) for April Fool’s and built on top of the existing game engine, meaning SAB has to be adjusted any time there are adjustments to the physics (and various other mechanics) of Tyria…and there have been lots and lots of adjustments.

Accordingly, (again, based on what I recall the devs saying), SAB would be have to redesigned from the ground up in order to be a permanent part of the game. Given the priorities of the current game, that doesn’t seem likely to happen any time soon.

tl;dr we won’t see SAB for a long time.

SAB was made of a sort of play thing by Josh Foreman and a group of no more than 7 other devs. It was just a thing to see if they could do it, and they cheated and broke whatever they could get away with in the original build of the game to make it work the way it does. So it’s true that it won’t function in the current build.

It is also definitely true, though, that things that were designed in SAB have became standard parts of the current game. While the whole thing has to be rebuilt, it is probably easier to do now than we might think because those things exist now in the current build.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

SmoothHussler.6387

Anet infracted me for writing the following:

Anet refuses to refund me my money even though it is and will forever remain useless. Quite frankly this is outrageous and tantamount to robbery on their part.

Shame on you.

So they steal from me, and then tell me to post on the forums after 2 GMs refused to give me my money back and then infract me on top of it.

Kal Spiro.9745

And then you post the same thing, expecting a different result? Did you use you ICC? Did you continue even once? If you did, then you don’t deserve a refund. Your expectations may have been the decider in your choice to purchase, but they are irrelevant to what you are entitled. You purchased an item that fulfills a service. You made use of the service. End of story.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: dyna.6805

dyna.6805

i think everyone who has a continue coin should go to lions arch and ping them every week, devs dont notice unless loads of ppl complain, so lets make em complain. ping wars 2 PPL!! PING WARS 2!!!

Kal Spiro.9745

i think everyone who has a continue coin should go to lions arch and ping them every week, devs dont notice unless loads of ppl complain, so lets make em complain. ping wars 2 PPL!! PING WARS 2!!!

To what end? I’m not against the act, but what is the goal?

SmoothHussler.6387

And then you post the same thing, expecting a different result? Did you use you ICC? Did you continue even once? If you did, then you don’t deserve a refund.

They took my money for an event thats been absent for 2 years. They robbed me and you’re defending thievery.

(edited by SmoothHussler.6387)

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

How can they see this thread @ nearly 3000 responses and still not bring it back yet.

Anet why so cruel?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

If they bring SAB back and don’t try to actively steer people towards the gem shop (infinite continue coin and mini-pets are fine). This will make the HoT expansion worth it.

Posted by: Silent The Gray.3091

Silent The Gray.3091

It was actually sooner than that!

It first debuted on April Fools day of 2013, and because it was so well received, they added a World 2 in August of 2013 as a Back to School edition as well as a World 3 Teaser, and nothing since.

So no SAB for almost 2 years and 4 months, which is crazy to think about, because it doesn’t feel like it’s been that long….i can still remember playing it pretty distinctly.

People want it so Anet won’t bring it back, because they are a company that refuses to listen to their customers and instead will follow their own idea no matter how absurd it is. “Hey, we want this” and Anet responds with something entirely different that no one ever asked for. If they weren’t so tied up in their own ego’s they could realize that they have the potential to make a lot more money if they would just quit chasing their own magical carrot for ten freaking seconds, and ACTUALLY listen to what people want.

Here’s a recent example: Anet sees all of the posts on the forums about the expansion being a negative thing, the reality is people just want them to fix the bugs that are preventing a lot of people from enjoying it to it’s full extent. People don’t take the time to post on the forum if it isn’t something of remote important to them. Anet sees it as “They don’t like the expansion, we will never release an expansion again, to heck with these guys, we will show them.” As punishment, and their whole mantra seems very childish and immature.

Posted by: Mephu Tahm Jr.1962

Mephu Tahm Jr.1962

To make it a permanent part of the game, they’d have to recode it so that it loses most (if not all) of its dependencies on the evolving physics and combat mechanics in the rest of the game.

What about all the minigames/dungeons/jump puzzles/etc that currently are available?

You purchased an item that fulfills a service. You made use of the service. End of story.

The “service,” as you call it, contained the word “Infinite”, and was purchased for such reasons. Of course one could also say that GW2 could disappear tomorrow and no one could ask for their money back.

It was just a thing to see if they could do it, and they cheated and broke whatever they could get away with in the original build of the game to make it work the way it does.

That explains a lot, and makes me appreciate SAB a lot more. It also infuriates me, however, that it was their pet project, yet they caved in to customer demands after the second installment (latency issues, no more timed water spouts), but then they refuse to accommodate to demand for its return (in ANY way shape or form, I don’t care!).

We, the ones who actually enjoy SAB, are in the minority when it comes to customer demand. Our voices are not heard over the booing of the rest of the crowd.

I haven’t returned to GW2 for HoT. The sense of community and purpose I had with fellow jumpers in SAB simply does not exist anywhere else. SAB was a place where anyone could commit major goofs and it’d still be amusing. It was a place where people waited for each other and as a result felt appreciated. It was a place where jumping on a pixel that was different from before, felt like a new experience, because anything can happen.

It was a place where I could root for someone else’s success. Where every little jump made a tangible difference.

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

Did it get deleted because we will never see Super Adventure Box again? That makes me sad.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I had a dream 2 nights ago that I woke up, check GW2 website and SAB was live permanently! I got excited and got into the game and played it with friends… Then I woke up and realized it was a dream… DARN IT!!! I Want SAB So bad! T_T

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It was actually sooner than that!

It first debuted on April Fools day of 2013, and because it was so well received, they added a World 2 in August of 2013 as a Back to School edition as well as a World 3 Teaser, and nothing since.

So no SAB for almost 2 years and 4 months, which is crazy to think about, because it doesn’t feel like it’s been that long….i can still remember playing it pretty distinctly.

People want it so Anet won’t bring it back, because they are a company that refuses to listen to their customers and instead will follow their own idea no matter how absurd it is. “Hey, we want this” and Anet responds with something entirely different that no one ever asked for. If they weren’t so tied up in their own ego’s they could realize that they have the potential to make a lot more money if they would just quit chasing their own magical carrot for ten freaking seconds, and ACTUALLY listen to what people want.

Here’s a recent example: Anet sees all of the posts on the forums about the expansion being a negative thing, the reality is people just want them to fix the bugs that are preventing a lot of people from enjoying it to it’s full extent. People don’t take the time to post on the forum if it isn’t something of remote important to them. Anet sees it as “They don’t like the expansion, we will never release an expansion again, to heck with these guys, we will show them.” As punishment, and their whole mantra seems very childish and immature.

Source please, where they said they would never release an expansion again.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I haven’t read this thread recently beside the last few posts. But anyone find it ironic that the last raid boss “Sab” has unique jumping mechanics. I remember when raids first came out and I saw posts “LF SAB”. I panicked a little.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I haven’t read this thread recently beside the last few posts. But anyone find it ironic that the last raid boss “Sab” has unique jumping mechanics. I remember when raids first came out and I saw posts “LF SAB”. I panicked a little.

Double post to fix forum bug.

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

It was a merged topic:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Super-Adventure-Box-merged-1/page/58#post5888039

It’s on the first page at the moment :P

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]