T6 Dust Crisis

T6 Dust Crisis

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: OliverT.9021

OliverT.9021

There’s a bit more dust supply today, though it’s nothing to shout about. It’s about 2 Bifrosts worth.

T6 dust supply – 1,488 as at 9.22am 31st May 2013.

T6 dust prices continues to climb though.

Buying at 35s 68c vs selling at 36s 74c.

Just a quick recap…

2 days ago, buying price was approximately 32s
4 days ago, buying price was approximately 28s

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

alot of t6 mats need to drop more often.

This x100000.

Please.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Tinboy.7954

Tinboy.7954

CAN make up to 40 crystalline dust, but also can be 12

Except I am almost sure that it is not equally distributed. Every single time I’ve transmuted, it has been less than 15.

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

There’s a bit more dust supply today, though it’s nothing to shout about. It’s about 2 Bifrosts worth.

Meteorlogicus needs 500 as well.. not to mention I’m using dusts to promote charged cores to lodestones for it too.

Completely agree that t6 mats need a significant bump in their drop rate. The current rate sucks so much fun out of the game.

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

The T6 dust prices exploded when Anet banned ton of bots + change the loot system of the risen mobs, so they give other T6 mats than only T6 bone and dust.

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I quit farming the day I noticed I was only getting one tier 6 mat per 2 hours. It seems like Anet is trying to make people play the game longer by stretching the time required to get the mats. Until the drop rates for tier 6 mats are raised, I’ll play some Mario or Zelda…. maybe even some WoW where I don’t have to forsake my friends and family for the pursuit of an endless torment of farming.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

1. price exploded some months ago when a few player bought the majority from the tp but yes, it indeed drops not often enough
2. morphing t5->t6 sucks as hell.. you only need 17+ (?) to have +-0 but i made 20 trys and the most amount i got was 19 .. a friend of mine made 3 trys and got 36 39 and 33. Dat rng <3

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

38 silver. LOOVELY!

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: HunterFox.2578

HunterFox.2578

Its not just gifts and legendary gear that uses dust. There’s also forge recipe’s that give out exos and require a lot. Most specifically the Triforge amulet. I gave up and just bought the laurel one with same stats. I wanted the triforge but with 750 dust needed for the three component amulets is just ridiculous. I don’t mind the rates so much as to how much it climbed due to the rates.

I read back trying to find anything on xtal dust being talked about. Someone stated it was near 5s or so back in December. It needs to be lowered so that folks will want to promote silk or leather or even mithril to ori using the dust. It will suck up a lot of the extra mats and actually make it better in the long run. That’s what I believe though.

Point is though is its not just for legendary stuff.

T6 Dust Crisis

OliverT.9021

A really vicious idea just popped into my head outta nowhere.

We all know very well that the amount of T6 dust that is generated from so-called “playing the game, without farming” is absolutely insufficient to cover the demand and needs for crafting purposes.

Since there are only 1,000 or so pieces left on the trading post, we could always just collectively mop up the supply and let Arenanet deal with the issue of inadequate supply, therein forcing them to intervene.

Of course this would mean that the trading post would almost always virtually run out of stock on T6 dust until Arenanet takes action for days on end…

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

A really vicious idea just popped into my head outta nowhere.

We all know very well that the amount of T6 dust that is generated from so-called “playing the game, without farming” is absolutely insufficient to cover the demand and needs for crafting purposes.

Since there are only 1,000 or so pieces left on the trading post, we could always just collectively mop up the supply and let Arenanet deal with the issue of inadequate supply, therein forcing them to intervene.

Of course this would mean that the trading post would almost always virtually run out of stock on T6 dust until Arenanet takes action for days on end…

Bad part is thakittens totally possible if i wanted to troll the economy right now all I’d have to do is drop 500g and buy ALL the T6 dust.

I’m not going to lol, but there are flippers out there with well over 5000g that it would be chump change for them to do this.

T6 Dust Crisis

OliverT.9021

Not sure if anyone saw the spike earlier.

T6 dust supply got completely wiped out, and it was selling for 90s a piece. Even if you were to place an offer to buy as the highest bidder, chances are, you will be outbid faster than your order is filled.

And the reason is at the start of this posting. Excess supply isn’t forthcoming fast enough.

I was quite frankly very tempted to just let go of my stash and give up on my legendary when T6 dust was selling at 90s a piece. A single 250 stack would mean approximately 240g.

Hope Arenanet is going to do something about the drops for this particular mat soon.

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Fenlander.9037

Fenlander.9037

T6 dust supply got completely wiped out, and it was selling for 90s a piece..

Er…no it wasn’t !

Highest it reached was 45 silver according to GW2Spidy -

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/24277

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

people ITT confusing sell orders with supply.

Sell orders is not supply. A large number of transactions happen daily on the buy order side and the inbetween.

Also I would say its virtually impossible to buy all the dust, and really stupid to attempt to do so. Remember as you buy people will notice the price spiking and add more sell orders – at higher prices. So you might drive the price up but you wont be able to buy all the dust on the market.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

At the time of this posting there are less than 500 available on TP. They are almost double the cost of Ectoplasm and I only see the price rising.

T6 Dust Crisis

TehPwnerer.7215

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pile_of_Crystalline_Dust

1 Crystalline dust + 250 incandescent dust + 5 Philosopher’s Stone + 5 Crystals

Makes up to 40 Crystalline dust

You can even make a profit on it go to town lil buddy

Not to mention 250 of those dusts at the current price is a little over 7g,

I quit farming the day I noticed I was only getting one tier 6 mat per 2 hours. It seems like Anet is trying to make people play the game longer by stretching the time required to get the mats. Until the drop rates for tier 6 mats are raised, I’ll play some Mario or Zelda…. maybe even some WoW where I don’t have to forsake my friends and family for the pursuit of an endless torment of farming.

You don’t need to farm man. Remember their manifesto? Link provided in case you forgot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU1JUwPqzQY

In all seriousness though, it’s like they forgot they made that video. This game is turning out like NOTHING it was hyped to be. They nerf farming to prevent bots so that real plays need to bot or buy gold to get anything done in this game. What a joke.

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

T6 dust supply got completely wiped out, and it was selling for 90s a piece..

Er…no it wasn’t !

Highest it reached was 45 silver according to GW2Spidy -

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/24277

Yeah, it was. I had an old listing up for 75s from the last spike (months ago) that sold this morning. When I looked at what the current rate of dust was it was around 90s with only about 150 supply left.

I believe GW2Spidy only updates every 10 minutes and within that time another 350 or so dusts ‘flooded’ (if you can call it that) the market, each undercutting the last to settle around 44s.

I was watching it carefully trying to decide if I wanted to offload the last bit of dust I have or wait. I wish I’d known about the Lyssa nerf, I sold a lot at 35s (even though that was 2x profit margin for me) not knowing the price was going to skyrocket. :P

T6 Dust Crisis

Draygo.9473

You don’t need to farm man. Remember their manifesto? Link provided in case you forgot.

In all seriousness though, it’s like they forgot they made that video. This game is turning out like NOTHING it was hyped to be. They nerf farming to prevent bots so that real plays need to bot or buy gold to get anything done in this game. What a joke.

Why do you feel that a legendary is required content?

Anet has said time and time again that going for a legendary which is not a required game item will take a lot of TIME.

If you are going for a legendary and not grinding to do it – it will take you a long time and that is completely intended. I bet you already have BIS gear for your character but you are confused by what anet ment in their manifesto. (and while legendary is BIS it is the same in stats as any exotic level 80 weapon)

If you are choosing, read choosing to grind you are trying to achieve that legendary in less time than someone would naturally get the resources for it regularly playing the game. It is again YOU that is choosing to grind for the legendary because you want it now. Legendary weapons were intended to take 6+ months of play to get. If you are getting it in less than that you are grinding for it – and that’s ok.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

T6 Dust Crisis

TehPwnerer.7215

Why do you feel that a legendary is required content?

Anet has said time and time again that going for a legendary which is not a required game item will take a lot of TIME.

If you are going for a legendary and not grinding to do it – it will take you a long time and that is completely intended. I bet you already have BIS gear for your character but you are confused by what anet ment in their manifesto. (and while legendary is BIS it is the same in stats as any exotic level 80 weapon)

If you are choosing, read choosing to grind you are trying to achieve that legendary in less time than someone would naturally get the resources for it regularly playing the game. It is again YOU that is choosing to grind for the legendary because you want it now. Legendary weapons were intended to take 6+ months of play to get. If you are getting it in less than that you are grinding for it – and that’s ok.

When did I say I felt that legendaries were required? I am not pursuing one nor have any interest in one, but the fact remains that it takes you 2 hours in Orr to get 1 Crystalline dust because of the DR blockers and overall nerf to drops. That’s not fun. That’s a pointless grind.

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: perche.3215

perche.3215

this game every day more is turning in a mix of a cheap f2p korean game with the auction house of diablo 3.

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I quit farming the day I noticed I was only getting one tier 6 mat per 2 hours.

Unless you have a serious bug with your loot tables or you refuse to rotate somewhere else when DR kicks in, I don’t see how this can possible. I never spend more than 30 minutes at Pent/Shelt at a time – and that’s the only farming I ever do in this game – and I get four or more T6 mats from bags every time. And most of the time I’m not even running MF food/buffs.

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Unless you have a serious bug with your loot tables or you refuse to rotate somewhere else when DR kicks in, I don’t see how this can possible. I never spend more than 30 minutes at Pent/Shelt at a time – and that’s the only farming I ever do in this game – and I get four or more T6 mats from bags every time. And most of the time I’m not even running MF food/buffs.

You are either the luckiest person on the planet or you have a dev in your pocket(j/k). since day 1 I have only found a little more than a stack of Cryst. Dust.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

You are either the luckiest person on the planet or you have a dev in your pocket(j/k). since day 1 I have only found a little more than a stack of Cryst. Dust.

that’s RNG for you. Yesterday I sold 7 T6 dust and today while doing Melandru I got 2 more.

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Yeah i noticed the dusts from the T5 areas are like worth alot now suddenly apparently people are trying to buy those up the get the T6 ones.

Sad that they don’t realize how they are affecting their TP with this or how manipulated this style of economy actually is.

They either need to place more drops out, or they need to make dusts drop from dailies, or they need to make the available (only a certain number per day) from karma vendors, or they need to make them drop as often as Porous Bones drop off of mobs in Orr.

Something because this isn’t working in it’s current state.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

T6 Dust Crisis

Draygo.9473

When did I say I felt that legendaries were required? I am not pursuing one nor have any interest in one, but the fact remains that it takes you 2 hours in Orr to get 1 Crystalline dust because of the DR blockers and overall nerf to drops. That’s not fun. That’s a pointless grind.

The only possible reason you need a lot of dust is you are after a cosmetic item.
Crafted Exotic level 80 armor do not require dust.
Crafted Exotic level 80 Weapons do not require dust.
Ascended accessories do not require dust (with some exception, but you can substitute for an item that does not require dust).

By definition cosmetic items are not required. And were intentionally put in there by anet to give people who like grind, or working towards goals over a long period of time something to aim for.

The dust price is fueled by extremely high demand for these cosmetic items with nerfed supply rates, but by no means do you need t6 dust to play the game at a high level.

You are running around claiming that they broke their manifesto.

Which they didn’t.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

If Gatrix was talking about t6 mats that drop directly from risen mobs, and not the ones that come from the heavy moldy bags, it’s possible., they don’t drop them very often.

I’ve been farming in orr, frostgorge, and southsun for a while, and what I noticed is you’re far less likely to get a t6 mat drops from mobs in southsun, and frostgorge than risen mobs in cursed shore. But it’s not an issue since risen mobs drop loot bags.

The unfortunate thing about t6 dust is..

What do you do if you need powerful blood? farm karka, skelk, arctodus, or trolls

What do you do with you need vicious claws? Ice colossus

What about vicious fangs? Skelk, or arctodus

Ancient bone? Corrupted quaggan

Armored scale? barracuda/sharks in frostgorge and southsun

Elaborate totems? grawl in forstgorge (never framed this so not sure how good it is)

Powerful venon Sack? Reef ryders. (never farmed this, so not sure how good it is)

Crystalline dust? Loot bags, or sparks, and from my experience, Sparks have a pretty crappy drop rate of these things, a lot of them spawn in annoying areas, and there spawn is tied to whether certain temples are uncontested or not.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Sort of a rant there but I’m getting to the point eventually:

Generally the drops in this game are just bad or uninteresting.
Have you ever equipped an item that was dropped by a monster? Me never!
Have you ever had a mini drop in the game world? NO. An ascended Amulet? No. etc.

But this is due to a worse problem: stats on weapons and armor are totally generic – obviously computer generated : 60 of this and that, 90 of something else…
You buy transmutation crystals, replace 60 vitality for 60 toughness and your not even sure if there is a difference.

How about an weapons that has 5 stats instead of 3? How about precursors having 1% more total stats and legendaries 3%. It’s not like it’s going to unbalance the game since obviously they want some class to be totally overpowered compared to others (thief vs Elementalist for example). Some weapon stats imbalance would do some good to the game/market/loot actually.

Now the nerf to Tier 6 material drop go into that same tunnel vision as the equipment stats: Anet suddenly realized we found a spot in the game (Manchor Leap) where we could get Crystalline dust. Instead of encouraging people to look for places where they can get good drops and the drops they are looking for, they nerfed it to the ground like everything else; making sure we do not get what we need.

It’s a huge mistake. First of all, because of that attitude:
1- I am never investing again real money on the market place
2- the game world is getting equally uninteresting because you have no reason to go to a specific area to get the required item.

What Anet is telling us is: The game will almost never give you interesting drop so repeat the same dungeon to make gold and buy what you need on the market place (which is what we’ve been doing since day 1 but it’s just getting worse).

But seriously, the farming nerf is dramatic for the following reason:
At Malchor Leap you could get the 750 Crystalline dust required for a Bifrost within a few weeks. Now you have to find 300 gold (and its rising) just for that one Tier 6 material (there are 7 others mats required). This will takes 10 times longer and in all honestly many of us are no longer sure we have the patience required.
Since by the time we are done a new epic MMO will have been released Anet should rethink their angle on nerfing loot.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: SisiXuan.4178

SisiXuan.4178

Seriously, stop farming COF and go to AC.
I still remember when everyone was still farming AC, that I got so many stacks of T5 dust that worth nothing then.
AC chest has a chance to drop plenty T5 (more than 10 if you get it that’s more than 20s)
Transform it to T6 and save the crisis.

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

I’m sure when TESO’s release date will be announced, T6 mats will start dropping like candies.
And “magically” the precursor’s scavenger hunt will appear…

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

The only possible reason you need a lot of dust is you are after a cosmetic item.
Crafted Exotic level 80 armor do not require dust.
Crafted Exotic level 80 Weapons do not require dust.
Ascended accessories do not require dust (with some exception, but you can substitute for an item that does not require dust).

By definition cosmetic items are not required. And were intentionally put in there by anet to give people who like grind, or working towards goals over a long period of time something to aim for.

The dust price is fueled by extremely high demand for these cosmetic items with nerfed supply rates, but by no means do you need t6 dust to play the game at a high level.

You are running around claiming that they broke their manifesto.

Which they didn’t.

You’re forgetting consumables which is what wvw players need it for.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

If Gatrix was talking about t6 mats that drop directly from risen mobs, and not the ones that come from the heavy moldy bags, it’s possible., they don’t drop them very often.

I’ve been farming in orr, frostgorge, and southsun for a while, and what I noticed is you’re far less likely to get a t6 mat drops from mobs in southsun, and frostgorge than risen mobs in cursed shore. But it’s not an issue since risen mobs drop loot bags.

What do you do if you need powerful blood? farm karka, skelk, arctodus, or trolls

Elaborate totems? grawl in forstgorge (never framed this so not sure how good it is)

Powerful venon Sack? Reef ryders. (never farmed this, so not sure how good it is)

Crystalline dust? Loot bags, or sparks, and from my experience, Sparks have a pretty crappy drop rate of these things, a lot of them spawn in annoying areas, and there spawn is tied to whether certain temples are uncontested or not.

Spiders.*

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

The rate is between 6-40. The higher number scale is a lot rarer to get than the lower number scale, and at the current TP values, you would need at least 16 to break even. The odds of getting 17+ to make a profit are actually quite low, and that’s why a lot of people aren’t doing it.

I have never gotten under 16 when doing this so the odds are good.

I agree with most here though loot drops of tier 6 and lodestones are stupid, cannot farm and we are forced to use some broken RNG toilet, what a fun game Guildwars 2 turned out to be, i’m currently playing another game that has very little RNG and its so much nicer..

(edited by Dante.1508)

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I feel like dust should be the cheapest of all the Tier 6 mats seeing as how its used in the convert tier 5 mats to tier 6, like it’s the “disposable” mat. Yet, it’s absurdly expensive.

… I still want tengu.

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Spiders.*

Forgot about Spiders. :x Time to do some snooping around in cursed shore for a good spot during non event periods.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

Anet nerfed several good farming areas recently, union WP and Colonade WP. It is obvious they want this high use material to be expensive.

They could say “bots”, but I farmed union WP and rarely saw a bot there. Had one friend get 5 stacks over a couple of days of intense farming. This benefits everyone, but he didn’t sell because “anets gonna stop it”.

If I spend 2 minutes in Southsun I see bots all over the place farming blood/scales and no nerfing has happened there (can you say living story).

I’m not sure what advice I have, other than I’ve taken a break from the game because of the focus on things I’m not interested in (living story), and the intense control they have over the market by keeping prices high through fixing supply and recipes.

T6 Dust Crisis

OliverT.9021

For record keeping, currently T6 dust is buying at 32s 20c a piece and selling for 35s 89c a piece.

One day later…

T6 dust is buying at 34s 28c a piece and selling for 36s 20c a piece today as at 8:38am on 30th May 2013.

Busy working Monday

There was a spike over the weekend on the dust price to 90s a piece (that’s almost 750g for those intending to craft Bifrost for the mat requirement alone), taking out the entire dust supply that was on the trading post.

There were only about 100 pieces left when I noticed it on the auction house.

3.07pm 3rd June 2013, T6 dust is selling for 39s 22c and buying for 36s 2c with total supply 1,409 pieces.

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

jellyfish …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

TP is down, I wonder what they are doing.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Jaia.4219

Jaia.4219

I would love to get an official response on this.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to call this a crisis.

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

I think it’s worth pointing out that the Jofast event spawns Risen Wraiths, which tend to drop T6 dust. Problem is, I’ve never got more than 2-3 from running that event. However, if the event fails, it seems to run about 10 min before it can be reattempted, meaning you can get the dust chances twice or more.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

Ancient bone from corrupted quaggen, vicious claw from ice collossus. This crap doesn’t even make sense. Why can’t risen drop ancient bones? Like back in the day, it would make sense wouldn’t it? Why does Anet kitten everything up.

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Silentsins.3726

Silentsins.3726

The more people that give up on farming mats equates to the supply of T6 mats shrinking and the prices increasing.
It’s easy to say: “Don’t farm the mats just farm the gold and buy them” but unlike buying gems and exchanging for gold, mats don’t appear from thin air. They are obtained by completing activities in the game that less and less people do because of the poor return for their time.
Someone has to farm them or supply will become negligent. Also more people simply farming for gold means that prices on popular items will rise due to the fact that a large majority can afford the higher prices and are willing to pay them.

Mmmm hmmm…

One would think that shifts in the market such as these would begin to benefit those with limitless time and energy to farm mats endlessly, such as bots. Most of the competition for these spots would be gone too.

Oh, the irony…

T6 Dust Crisis

OliverT.9021

Given a choice and a chance, I would prefer to farm out the T6 materials I need for weapon making myself. However if you think about it, just picking out an example…

Southsun Cove, killing karkas for powerful blood. With a buff of 200% MF and other boosters,

1. You are lucky if you can get 1 powerful blood in 10 minutes.
2. You are very lucky to get 2 powerful bloods in 10 minutes.
3. You are extremely lucky to get 3 powerful bloods in 10 minutes.
4. 4 powerful bloods usually require killing karkas for more than an hour.
5. 5 powerful bloods in 10 minutes? I’ve never even seen it, and people don’t believe it’s an experience that’s repeatable.

What is the other option for 10 minutes? Run CoF p1 within 10 minutes, get 1g or more, and with the monies, you DEFINITELY can buy 4 powerful bloods.

Who, in the right frame of mind, will farm for the materials, given such overwhelming odds? Especially when most of the receipes require not just 5 powerful bloods, but a stack of 250 of the material.

For example,

1. Stygian blade requires 250 powerful blood and 250 vicious claws.
2. Eye of Rodgort requires 500 powerful blood

You get the idea…

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Given a choice and a chance, I would prefer to farm out the T6 materials I need for weapon making myself. However if you think about it, just picking out an example…
[…]
Who, in the right frame of mind, will farm for the materials, given such overwhelming odds? Especially when most of the receipes require not just 5 powerful bloods, but a stack of 250 of the material.

For example,

You get the idea…

Why shouldn’t we be able to farm to craft it ourselves? It adds to the sense of accomplishment. Arenanet don’t seem to get this.

I’d really like a comment from them on how they think people should be getting the T6 mats to craft these items.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

The more people that give up on farming mats equates to the supply of T6 mats shrinking and the prices increasing.
It’s easy to say: “Don’t farm the mats just farm the gold and buy them” but unlike buying gems and exchanging for gold, mats don’t appear from thin air. They are obtained by completing activities in the game that less and less people do because of the poor return for their time.
Someone has to farm them or supply will become negligent. Also more people simply farming for gold means that prices on popular items will rise due to the fact that a large majority can afford the higher prices and are willing to pay them.

I’ve got to correct you on that gold does not appear from thin air either, someone had to convert that gold into gems. It’s a two-way player-controlled system.

Apart from that you’re right.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

T6 Dust Crisis

OliverT.9021

[…]

For example,

You get the idea…

Why shouldn’t we be able to farm to craft it ourselves? It adds to the sense of accomplishment. Arenanet don’t seem to get this.

I’d really like a comment from them on how they think people should be getting the T6 mats to craft these items.

Exactly my point. In fact, while farming for the mats, one cannot hope to outdo the rewards from CoF p1. One can only hope to match the rewards from CoF p1.

I feel happy everytime I look at my Guardian with the Flameseeker Prophecies because I farmed all the gold myself to buy the precursor, the mats etc. Though I think I would double my satisfaction if I ever managed to farm out the stacks of mats that were needed.

T6 Dust Crisis

OliverT.9021

For record keeping, currently T6 dust is buying at 32s 20c a piece and selling for 35s 89c a piece.

One day later…

T6 dust is buying at 34s 28c a piece and selling for 36s 20c a piece today as at 8:38am on 30th May 2013.

3.07pm 3rd June 2013, T6 dust is selling for 39s 22c and buying for 36s 2c with total supply 1,409 pieces.

4.11pm 4th June 2013, T6 dust is selling for 37s 45c and buying for 36s 80c with total supply being 2,225 pieces.

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Kilaelya.1420

Kilaelya.1420

This is what they get for nerfing open world farming spots into oblivion. Sure, you can farm COF for money, but who is going to sell the mats you need on the TP with that money? This is getting out of hand.

Minara | Ranger | Beastgate | [vR]

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Dibbley.2859

Dibbley.2859

873 Piles of crystalline dust available on TP, this is for one people to craft legendary weapon all over the world, please fix this crisis

T6 Dust Crisis

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

Crystalline Dust should be abundant because it’s a dust. Every other dust is abundant, why not Crystalline? It’s used in A LOT of recipes, and there is no reason for the drop to be so low. Players should have the option to farm a particular mat, that is something this game lacks, and to me it needs to be changed.