Tequatl Feedback [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Oh I believe that it’s possible without the exploit, no doubt though it would take 100 equally skilled players, but I also know that every jerk who was here launching personal insults and crying ‘git gud’ suddenly shut up after the bug got outed. So I’m inclined to believe a lot of successes knowingly or unknowingly were caused by the bug and they realize this now. Teq’s double health can’t really be judged as too much or too little until the bug is patched.

That brings up a new challenge for hardcores though – Teq run, NO guardians (or engis if you want to be real hardcore) on map.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Killing something using an exploit may not make pugs less being noobs, but killing things using a bug or exploit severely undermines the argument that the kill was done because of skilled play. If the kill was accomplished because of a bug, then legit or not, it’s nothing to be proud of since it had nothing to do with skilled play.

Also the argument that ANet “allowed” the bug to be applied in the 1st place is nonsensical if you know even the smallest amount about computer programming.

So we are able to get 9+ minute kills without using the exploit at all. Down from about 11+ minutes before the doubling of health.

With all guardians using symbols we got 14:11 today. Guardians are very broken right now… honestly cant wait for the fix.

And i agree you cannot argue that teq is still fine using an “exploit” or broken mechanic, however it its just as doable as before without using this. But once again people HAVE TO MELEE!!! people need to get there reflects going. If there are people on the map that absolutely refuse to get in melee tell them to just clean out fingers. The fingers are what actually kills a zerg, not Teq.

“So we are able to get 9+ minute kills without using the exploit at all

Not all all? None of the guardians in there were using that trait? That’s amazing. Congrats on your kill without being helped by that bug.

Definitely possible, since various groups have posted about 8-9 minutes + with no exploit.

When I did it with ATT, 8:31.

How in the world did y’all convince all the guardians who has that trait to change it? Y’all must of been very persuasive. I’ve never seen anybody convince a whole map to do something like that before.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

Before they doubled teq hp I could show up 20mins early use the lfg and find a map that I thought had a good chance of killing teq and 9 times out of 10 it was successful.
Now I need to show up an hour early and my chances are significantly lower. Was it anets intention to increase the difficulty of this event or were they trying to get it back to prepatch difficulty levels? The idea of having to spend well over an hour of my time on a slim chance of success on one world boss just does not appeal to me.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

The 2x HP on Teq could be ok if all attacks would have a chance of critting not just the ones that hit some obscure spot somewhere.

or, since the fight has changed, people could learn how to beat him now, and not last month? I’m sure a lot of people still show up in soldier’s….

Really? The fight changed? The patch notes said it is possible to critically hit Teq now. The patch notes never mentioned that there is a single spot somewhere in the boss model that can be crit. If a boss can be hit with crits then everything targeted that says “Tequatl the sunless” should be possible to crit.

haters gonna hate. Even if the developer ads a new element to a battle that’s been farmed ad nauseam… i guess farmers gonna farm….

eldrin.6471

How can you farm an event that gives a chest once a day ? Its not about farming its about making the best open world event in the game accessible to those who wish to participate.

Posted by: Gravox the Terrible.2157

Gravox the Terrible.2157

With the constant skill lag and disconnects, I don’t even know what a Teq chest looks like anymore.

Posted by: RobsterCraws.6405

RobsterCraws.6405

How in the world did y’all convince all the guardians who has that trait to change it? Y’all must of been very persuasive. I’ve never seen anybody convince a whole map to do something like that before.

I saw it last night. All the guardians retraited and used hammers. I was whirling for over 200,000 damage. We finished with 13:43 on left. Once people knew they could be done in seconds, it was a no brainer.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I saw it last night. All the guardians retraited and used hammers. I was whirling for over 200,000 damage. We finished with 13:43 on left. Once people knew they could be done in seconds, it was a no brainer.

You got all the guardians to retrait and take the trait off or put the trait on?

My post was to someone who claimed to have gotten all the guardians to remove the trait so unless you also did that your quoting me wasn’t to the point.

ANet may give it to you.

eldrin.6471

Retrait and put on is what it says or he wouldn’t be using hammer and doing 200k dmg

Just a flesh wound.3589

Retrait and put on is what it says or he wouldn’t be using hammer and doing 200k dmg

Well yah but I was trying to get the other guy to admit that he didn’t have the guardians retrait and so therefore he did use the exploit in spite of saying he absolutely did not. He quoted me and said yes I saw it happen last night. (Where “it” should be the guardians removing the trait, which is what I was asking).

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Before they doubled teq hp I could show up 20mins early use the lfg and find a map that I thought had a good chance of killing teq and 9 times out of 10 it was successful.
Now I need to show up an hour early and my chances are significantly lower. Was it anets intention to increase the difficulty of this event or were they trying to get it back to prepatch difficulty levels? The idea of having to spend well over an hour of my time on a slim chance of success on one world boss just does not appeal to me.

You are exagerating.If before you had 9/10 successfull win rate plus 20min earlier preparation now after the patch 23rd the it’s even better.10/10 killing rate with showing up 5minutes earlier before the fight start.On 23rd Tequatl was to easy he died so fast.A few days later when the double HP buff wass added Tequatl was still very easy.People atleast learned a new way to kill him.Even when the burning is fixed Tequatl will still be easy.

After 23rd patch ’’n00bs’’ whined world bosses were to easy .Anet doubled the HP so bosses don’t die in an instant atleast.Well everyone and their mother keeps whining.

What can be said atleast is that you have no right to complain of not beeing able to kill Tequatl on daily basis.It doesn’t matter how you killed it as Anet doesn’t care.What matters is that you are able to kill the boss every kitten day.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

eldrin.6471

You are exagerating.If before you had 9/10 successfull win rate plus 20min earlier preparation now after the patch 23rd the it’s even better.10/10 killing rate with showing up 5minutes earlier before the fight start.On 23rd Tequatl was to easy he died so fast.A few days later when the double HP buff wass added Tequatl was still very easy.People atleast learned a new way to kill him.Even when the burning is fixed Tequatl will still be easy.

After 23rd patch ’’n00bs’’ whined world bosses were to easy .Anet doubled the HP so bosses don’t die in an instant atleast.Well everyone and their mother keeps whining.

What can be said atleast is that you have no right to complain of not beeing able to kill Tequatl on daily basis.It doesn’t matter how you killed it as Anet doesn’t care.What matters is that you are able to kill the boss every kitten day.

Since when do you speak for anet? You are entitled to your opinion as am I.

Posted by: Griever.7480

Griever.7480

Oh I believe that it’s possible without the exploit, no doubt though it would take 100 equally skilled players, but I also know that every jerk who was here launching personal insults and crying ‘git gud’ suddenly shut up after the bug got outed. So I’m inclined to believe a lot of successes knowingly or unknowingly were caused by the bug and they realize this now. Teq’s double health can’t really be judged as too much or too little until the bug is patched.

That brings up a new challenge for hardcores though – Teq run, NO guardians (or engis if you want to be real hardcore) on map.

if you need to use an exploit to kill a boss that was killable before, then yes it has too much health.

moiraine.2753

eldrin.6471@

Why do i have to speak for them?Their actions speak for themselves.I don’t have to do anything at all.What they do and what they are NOT doing says enough.I’m just pointing at that fact.

1. 23rd patch delivered OP zerkers+condition builds(lets not say broken) which trivialized current Tequatl and made it even more easy than it normaly is.People startedcomplaining how fast world bosses die.
  2. A few days later was added double HP buff which only made Tequatl even more easier.Because Anet didn’t fix what actually was broken.
  3. A fact is that people don’t have the right at this moment to complain about not being able to kill Tequatl.The way things are now(broken OP skills and spots) every Tequatl is more than enough to be handled properly.The success rate must be atleast 99%.

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

As it stands there have been a grand total of zero kills of teq since its hp was doubled that can be guaranteed not to be attributed to the guardian symbol exploit.

You cant say that for certain, unless evidence exists of every teq kill that can be examined.

eldrin.6471

The only thing i can say for certain is i do not like the increase in teq hp and only being able to crit in one spot.

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

The only thing i can say for certain is i do not like the increase in teq hp and only being able to crit in one spot.

Actually the part I don’t like is that it was only done to make the event last longer instead of “BALANCE”. And last longer most world boss events do. I saw my first Golem Mk II failure yesterday. Normally the number of folks we had would have been able to do it, but not anymore. You need far more people to complete it now. Shadow Behemoth is even worse. An event that normally takes 3-4 portal rounds to complete is now 7-9(hit 9 portal events yesterday). You can barely scratch his HP bar these days. Come on, ANeT, fix the balance correctly. Don’t do it for your bruised ego of adding in no condi limits and discovering the detrimental effects on your bosses. It wreaks of poor lazy programing.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: TinyThibault.9216

TinyThibault.9216

Just a point of intrest,how do you ensure no guardian’s are using the symbols exploit?

I cannot definitively say that there was not a single guardian using a symbol, but before last night with the 14:11 kill we beat it into every guardian that using a symbol is bad and should be avoided at all costs. Symbols typically lead to less might for the zerg which has been a HUGE problem in teq fights up to the crit change.

But you have to remember the problem is not that having that trait automatically means u do 200k+ per swing its only when you stack symbols. And all of our guardians at the time were using GS and beaten with a stick if we saw a light field other than wall of reflection when the commander called for it.

Also, it is very difficult to get a teq kill without guardians, not impossible, but difficult. this is NOT because of the dmg they bring. It is because their “receive the light” heal, bow of truth heal, battle presence heal, and wall of reflection is vitally important to staying alive in the zerg. Not to mention having stand your ground for all the people that refuse to have stun breakers on their bar.

further evidence, we got the 9:02 kill and 9:04 kill without knowing about the broken trait, after we found out about the broken trait we got the 14:11 kill. I mean heck we killed teq in the last burn phase before the timer started back up.

Seriously anet… fix that trait ASAP please.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

TinyThibault.9216

Actually the part I don’t like is that it was only done to make the event last longer instead of “BALANCE”. And last longer most world boss events do. I saw my first Golem Mk II failure yesterday. Normally the number of folks we had would have been able to do it, but not anymore. You need far more people to complete it now. Shadow Behemoth is even worse. An event that normally takes 3-4 portal rounds to complete is now 7-9(hit 9 portal events yesterday). You can barely scratch his HP bar these days. Come on, ANeT, fix the balance correctly. Don’t do it for your bruised ego of adding in no condi limits and discovering the detrimental effects on your bosses. It wreaks of poor lazy programing.

There are a couple things i would like to mention here. you do NOT need more people, you need less stand in the corner and range people. They only serve to scale up the fight without doing the dmg they scale up for because they are not critting.

With Golem MkII you now need to walk up to its base and melee him again UNLESS you have a HUGE amount of people, or you have a ranged AoE auto attack like engineers. Single target ranged attacks cannot crit him.

If people walk up and melee the boss while moving around out of the lightning it would take the same amount of time or less than before. But people refuse to change and play this game like it was supposed to be played, with active fluid combat.

What part of stand on a barrel and shoot at the WORLD BOSS while taking no damage and killing him in a minute or two is ACTIVE FLUID COMBAT?

The changes they have made play very mush so into anet’s stance on having a fun-to-play active combat system that is not tank-n-spank, it is active for every role that you want to play.

Seriously Anet, Devs please keep this going. I think that if this keeps up you will get a lot of those people back that you had at launch with these promises! World bosses / PvE is starting to actually get fun again, not just a boring task to get 1-3 rares and then move on. THANK YOU!

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Posted by: Sango.6502

Sango.6502

Killing something using an exploit may not make pugs less being noobs, but killing things using a bug or exploit severely undermines the argument that the kill was done because of skilled play. If the kill was accomplished because of a bug, then legit or not, it’s nothing to be proud of since it had nothing to do with skilled play.

Also the argument that ANet “allowed” the bug to be applied in the 1st place is nonsensical if you know even the smallest amount about computer programming.

So we are able to get 9+ minute kills without using the exploit at all. Down from about 11+ minutes before the doubling of health.

With all guardians using symbols we got 14:11 today. Guardians are very broken right now… honestly cant wait for the fix.

And i agree you cannot argue that teq is still fine using an “exploit” or broken mechanic, however it its just as doable as before without using this. But once again people HAVE TO MELEE!!! people need to get there reflects going. If there are people on the map that absolutely refuse to get in melee tell them to just clean out fingers. The fingers are what actually kills a zerg, not Teq.

Not all all? None of the guardians in there were using that trait? That’s amazing. Congrats on your kill without being helped by that bug.

Definitely possible, since various groups have posted about 8-9 minutes + with no exploit.

At time it was done, a day into the double HP update, ATT was not using it since I did not notice any hammers. This is the first time they are fighting a buffed Teq.

Listening on TS, on how we going to attack Teq there was no mentioned about a hammer, but mentioned about PS warrior, banners, Guardian walls and stuff and staying in the crit spot.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

At time it was done, a day into the double HP update, ATT was not using it since I did not notice any hammers. This is the first time they are fighting a buffed Teq.

Listening on TS, on how we going to attack Teq there was no mentioned about a hammer, but mentioned about PS warrior, banners, Guardian walls and stuff and staying in the crit spot.

It isn’t hammers, it is symbols. Both greatsword and mace had symbols. It is the Guardian meta to run GS Mace/Torch +symbolic avenger. Unless you specifically had all of your guardians turn off that trait you benefited from the bug willingly or not.

Aerlen.5326

No one really knew about the bug then. You could have been unknowingly benefiting from it. You would have been if I was there because I like to run hammer and I would have had no idea. The thing is that no one really knew so any Teq run – any at all before it became public knowledge – could have been buffed by the exploit. Best thing to do now to prove fast Teq runs is to make sure the map has no Guardians at all – an organized guild surely could pull that one off, yes?

And LOL at the ‘n00bs’ comment, I was wondering when the insults would return.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

TinyThibault.9216

It isn’t hammers, it is symbols. Both greatsword and mace had symbols. It is the Guardian meta to run GS Mace/Torch +symbolic avenger. Unless you specifically had all of your guardians turn off that trait you benefited from the bug willingly or not.

Except if, like us, at Teq we told every guardian not to use symbols, ever. Symbols are light fields, which leads to retaliation, which is useless. Light fields wipe out the fire fields which erases might stacking which leads to less dmg in the zerg (assuming the traits worked properly of course).

Did we benefit a little from this bug, probably, would it have decreased our time by 9 minutes, definitely not.

Also our teq build at the time was actually GS + scepter/focus for blasting and immobilizing creepers… so we only had the 1 symbol. This was also on a guild run, we spawned it ourselves, we had very little pugs so i can be fairly certain there were not many symbols in the zerg, 1-5 probably, 50-100 definitely not. That night we also only had 16 guardians.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Except if, like us, at Teq we told every guardian not to use symbols, ever. Symbols are light fields, which leads to retaliation, which is useless. Light fields wipe out the fire fields which erases might stacking which leads to less dmg in the zerg (assuming the traits worked properly of course).

Did we benefit a little from this bug, probably, would it have decreased our time by 9 minutes, definitely not.

Also our teq build at the time was actually GS + scepter/focus for blasting and immobilizing creepers… so we only had the 1 symbol. This was also on a guild run, we spawned it ourselves, we had very little pugs so i can be fairly certain there were not many symbols in the zerg, 1-5 probably, 50-100 definitely not. That night we also only had 16 guardians.

Lol, you have a bullkitten answer for everything. I’m not even going to waste my time any longer with you because you’re so full of it you can’t even admit that the bug is carrying Teq right now. Off to each lunch and do important things. Don’t come crying in this thread when they fix the bug and you can’t kill Teq.

Lol told every Guardian not to use symbols, despite it being Meta. Sure you did.

eldrin.6471

looks like teq now ranges from ok to easy for guilds and organized groups but to difficult for pug maps. If you can believe all that’s posted
So it is really down to who anet intends to have access to this event. Hope they have a bullkitten filter.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Sango.6502

As Aerlen mentioned after your reply.

I do believe, they there may of been inadvertent use of the bug as people were not aware of it at the time compare at the time of that battle, compared to this point of time.

Definately, Anet should fix this

(edited by Sango.6502)

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

ppl saying its easy using Guardians…

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Seriously Anet, Devs please keep this going. I think that if this keeps up you will get a lot of those people back that you had at launch with these promises! World bosses / PvE is starting to actually get fun again, not just a boring task to get 1-3 rares and then move on. THANK YOU!

Simply doubling HP for a boss is pure and utter laziness. ANeT, you are better than this.

Melee Golem Mk II just because they have melee or aoe crit only(which is very broken or just very poorly thought out if that’s the only way to hit it) is stupid. All parts on the bosses should be crit available.

Some of the bosses which seem to have maintained some sense of balance(won’t say fun but aren’t as kittenome) are ones like the Jormag event. It is still fairly balanced. Shatterer is about right, I like the Great Wurm change(it is actually slightly challenging now), Fire Elemental is about the same(still easy), Karka Queen is about the same now, Taihda is the same basically, and Modniir Ulgoth is about the same now.

So the ones that are in need of fixing from my daily runs are these 4: Tequatal, Golem Mk II and Shadow Behemoth(not challenging just long and boring now), the Frozen Maw is also just a 1111 fest now with tons of people and takes way too long.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Lol, you have a bullkitten answer for everything. I’m not even going to waste my time any longer with you because you’re so full of it you can’t even admit that the bug is carrying Teq right now. Off to each lunch and do important things. Don’t come crying in this thread when they fix the bug and you can’t kill Teq.

Lol told every Guardian not to use symbols, despite it being Meta. Sure you did.

I to laughed at that… I needed that actually…

Posted by: GlitchyBat.3682

GlitchyBat.3682

>This topic.

After the stress Teq puts a lot of people through ever since the HP buff, it’s relieving and hilarious to watch his bar get vaporized. Things will probably be okay by the time crits are fixed.

Attachments:

[OWLS] Priory Elder Dragon Research Team
[EDS] Elder Dragon Sympathizers

Aerlen.5326

That is the best thing I’ve ever seen

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

moiraine.2753

GlitchyBat.3682@

Awesome attachment you have there +1

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Fix the guardian bug already wtf

eldrin.6471

I can understand that it may take time to fix these problems if indeed thats what they are.But i strugle to comprehend the reasons why they cant at least give us some info on what they are planing to do if anything.silence and a gem store update.

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Kills are now determined on how many gaurdians in the map….if you don’t have the required amount then it usually fails heh. Fix the gaurdian bug and see how people feel about it then.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So we are able to get 9+ minute kills without using the exploit at all.

How do you know that? Did you have no guardians at all in the dps zerg? So far all the screens i have seen of “legit” kills had still guardian symbols visible on the ground.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: ShelBlackblood.7826

ShelBlackblood.7826

I can understand that it may take time to fix these problems if indeed thats what they are.But i strugle to comprehend the reasons why they cant at least give us some info on what they are planing to do if anything.silence and a gem store update.

Isn’t it like this all the time, no matter how often we ask for more information or at least some form of dialog with the players? “Communication is overrated anyway” guess that’s part of their company philosophy. It hasn’t even improved a bit over the last few years.

About Teqteq: I refused to log in since the pre purchase fiasco occured; kinda gave up on this game. Before, I was commanding the range zerg or turret defense groups, with explanations + placing buff food and we succeded almost 99% of the time, with complete randoms/pugs. I’ve read a lot it of this thread and watched my sister doing Teq two times after the latest patch. Most of the players were really trying their best and it looked like – at least to me – that they indeed knew what to do.

Therefore I call the whole l2p and get good talk bs. You can believe me, I killed him 50+ times and I can tell what it looks like when ppl are trying or not. Other than that, there will always be at least 10% afk, 1111 or staying dead players, you almost can’t avoid that if you aren’t in an unpersonal (+most times unfriendly) 200 man guild.

The result: Even maps with encouraged and skilled players fail Tequatl now….. well, only if they aren’t filled with symbol spam guardians as it seems for the time being. Ignoring that bug, taking content away from people who could previously enjoy it and not responding to these issues at all just proves me again that all the PR talk about “we do it for the players” will forever be nothing more than talk. I’ve watched it almost 3 long years, being an active player for 2+1/2 years. Now I feel almost ashamed for not noticing it earlier.

(edited by ShelBlackblood.7826)

TinyThibault.9216

How do you know that? Did you have no guardians at all in the dps zerg? So far all the screens i have seen of “legit” kills had still guardian symbols visible on the ground.

If you read the rest of that post… i said we beat guardians with a stick if they use symbols, typically symbols mead light fields which means no might.

I obviously cannot and should not have said at all. It is possible there were a few symbols. Here is the video from our Monday night kill. We hit 9:04.

You can see in the video there are not many guardians, and even less light fields. The only light fields were when wall of reflection was used.

Sadly, i dont have a video from our guild run saturday night where we had even fewer people with fewer guardians and almost 0 pugs. We hit 9:02 on that night.

Teq is just as killable as he was before. The fight has not changed at all if you were among us that still did melee kills before the patch because it was faster. Did we get about 2 minutes less than before the 2x health, yes. Is it now impossible, NO.

If anything is harder it is because we lost some healing from tome of courage because Signet of courage is such complete garbage now.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

TinyThibault.9216

About Teqteq: I refused to log in since the pre purchase fiasco occured; kinda gave up on this game. Before, I was commanding the range zerg or turret defense groups, with explanations + placing buff food and we succeded almost 99% of the time, with complete randoms/pugs. I’ve read a lot it of this thread and watched my sister doing Teq two times after the latest patch. Most of the players were really trying their best and it looked like – at least to me – that they indeed knew what to do.

Therefore I call the whole l2p and get good talk bs. You can believe me, I killed him 50+ times and I can tell what it looks like when ppl are trying or not. Other than that, there will always be at least 10% afk, 1111 or staying dead players, you almost can’t avoid that if you aren’t in an unpersonal (+most times unfriendly) 200 man guild.

I am not arguing lack of skill nor lack of trying. What i am arguing is that RANGING cannot complete teq anymore!

It is very do-able if the zerg would just go in and melee with reflections up 100% of the time!

What i am saying is: learn to adapt!

You need 6 elementalists with a focus to time their swirling winds correctly to have 100% reflect up-time. The rest of the zerg can just dodge when needed, stun break/stabo when needed then just spam 1 in the crit spot.

So you dont need a 200+ guild, you only need 6 good elementalists and the entire fight is still trivial.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

If you read the rest of that post… i said we beat guardians with a stick if they use symbols, typically symbols mead light fields which means no might.

I obviously cannot and should not have said at all. It is possible there were a few symbols. Here is the video from our Monday night kill. We hit 9:04.

You can see in the video there are not many guardians, and even less light fields. The only light fields were when wall of reflection was used.

Sadly, i dont have a video from our guild run saturday night where we had even fewer people with fewer guardians and almost 0 pugs. We hit 9:02 on that night.

Teq is just as killable as he was before. The fight has not changed at all if you were among us that still did melee kills before the patch because it was faster. Did we get about 2 minutes less than before the 2x health, yes. Is it now impossible, NO.

If anything is harder it is because we lost some healing from tome of courage because Signet of courage is such complete garbage now.

Even less light fields? That was practically a Guardian rave going on in that video. I’m more interested in seeing the video footage of you beating the Guardians with sticks.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: Garth Thurgen.1380

Garth Thurgen.1380

I am not arguing lack of skill nor lack of trying. What i am arguing is that RANGING cannot complete teq anymore!

Ranging can do it. It’d just require pretty much everyone to be Staff Eles if the person is going Power. With the Staff fields you can very reasonably hit the crit spot, and you’ll deal basically the same damage as if you were on top of them (it’s all down to not being as effective for stacking Might, which you can just assume there are people stacking Might over in the new location for a serious run).

And condi builds wouldn’t have to be near the crit spot at all. They’re not going for crits in the first place. It’s just the Might that you lose out on (which, as with before, we’re sort of assuming that people are stacking Might at this ranged spot anyway).

Of course, it’s kind’ve sad how this all goes. ANet puts a crit spot in the direct center of the circle of where attacks will happen, forcing people who want to melee to actually have to not just stand off to the side of attacks (you know, the whole “making the game harder” complaint). Then wave upon wave of people assume that there’s some sort of glitch because ANet didn’t explicitly state that there’d only be a single spot that you could crit (because ANet are known for putting literally every little bit of every encounter in their patch notes…). And then, because of a glitch, people who were left not changing a single thing (I’d assume EG is the same, but every guild run I’ve ever been a part of pretty much ever pretty much hasn’t changed at all from this other than just taking longer), now get handwaved by scrubs because of its sheer possibility.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I have to say as a member of one of the large organized guilds, I don’t recognize any of these kills as legit. I would never recognize a record under these circumstances. That’s just my personal opinion. While I am not a leader in my guild I know that they do not encourage exploits. Period. However, this exploit is impossible to avoid. You can’t exactly stop people from playing their Guardians. And too many people find this bug amusing to use (I’m always seeing people talking about how high they hit him for and comparing numbers lol).

I suppose the pug maps might as well use this bug in the meantime since Anet isn’t fixing neither the symbol bug nor the teq crit problem. They really need to get on top of both these issues.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

Chris Cleary said pretty definitively (at least I think so) in another thread that guardians will not be actioned simply because they’re using the symbol bug to kill Tequatl more quickly:

The current skill state (or balance) is not going to fall under a situation where we would consider it an “abuse of a bug” or “exploitation of a bug”.

This is really the same situation as when the Mesmer fall trait was in a state where the damage was significantly too high.

No we aren’t going to action players for that.

It seems to me that for this to be actionable, the players would either have to be using the bug to get an unfair advantage over other players or else using the bug to mess with the economy by getting all sorts of goodies they wouldn’t otherwise have gotten. As it is, they’re simply inflicting a lot more damage, a lot faster, on Tequatl for the same event rewards that they’ve always gotten.

P.S. He also said in the same thread that “record kills” are an unofficial, community-created metric that ArenaNet has no call to intervene with:

“Record Kill” is an entirely artificial and community created metric. You can choose to completely ignore kills that revolve around temporary lack of balances in skills.

(edited by joe.7684)

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Update-Symbolic-Avenger-Trait/first#post5238525

Symbolic Avenger is disabled. So I guess we’ll see how teq goes now.

fixit.7189

Yea, killed teq only 2x since patch. In both cases it was because of gaurdian bug. Just tried to do teq tonight after they disabled that skill…there was an insane amount of gaurds there and end result was…a total fail. HP bar barely moved.

Well if this is working as intended, there is no reason to do teq no more; I got far better things to do than be frustrated like this.

Elitists want their exclusive content and now they got it. Have fun without the gaurd bug though! Oh and enjoy that spoon or vendor fodder rune for all that effort…so worth it!

(edited by fixit.7189)

Posted by: Erulogos.2591

Erulogos.2591

So, just had a pugish map kill Teq, at around 4:30 or so left. Anyone who -likes- standing under him, staring at his majestically rotten belly, and swinging at air yet somehow doing damage… well I suppose this is the fight for you. I preferred him pre 6/23 patch, where you could, you know, -move around- during the fight because you could go ranged.
Hopefully Anet gets around to fixing the crit spots now that they’ve neutered the guardian trait.

Posted by: Vink.6453

Vink.6453

the guardian patch is before 5 PST? I had one success and one fail, both pug maps.
Success:
most of the zerg stacked under his head, finished the fight before 5:30
Fail:
most of the zerg attacking the right leg, less than 10 people try to stack, couldn’t finish phase 1 before 5:30

moiraine.2753

Elitists want their exclusive content and now they got it. Have fun without the gaurd bug though! Oh and enjoy that spoon or vendor fodder rune for all that effort…so worth it!

We always had fun with it.Doesn’t matter was it when it was 1st revamped in 2013 or again buffed on 23rd 2015.We aleays kill it.The difficulty doesn’t matter.With enough error and practice everything dies.
And there is a huge difference between elitist and hard core player.You must know that….

fixit.7189

Just think teq is a bit over tuned and leave it at that.

Sango.6502

We just defeated the midnight (12 AM PST) Teq. Bug free kill.

This was with around 3 minutes remaining by the time it died.

Attachments:

(edited by Sango.6502)