The Cantha Thread [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

Never played GW1 myself, but from what I hear and see Cantha appears to be an amazing place. It would be a shame not to include this in GW2.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I actually would be less interested in GW2 if Cantha was added. It would be worse if living world content was focused there for an amount of time.

That makes no sense…. Why would you be less interested in a bigger game with a fresh expansion.

Posted by: SilverShadow.3021

SilverShadow.3021

Please bring Cantha (and ofc Elona) back!

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

To be frank, I’m still very annoyed that the Canthan district was removed because some nobody from the other side of the world felt offended.

What about the artists and programmers that put hours of work into the district? Are they allowed to be offended?

What about the scores of players that are now missing a very good looking part of Divinity’s Reach? Are we allowed to be offended?

Any apologies for those two groups? Is one Asian person more important than the majority of your fanbase?

In all honesty, that last fact offends me greatly.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: kamizefrog.3421

kamizefrog.3421

To be frank, I’m still very annoyed that the Canthan district was removed because some nobody from the other side of the world felt offended.

What about the artists and programmers that put hours of work into the district? Are they allowed to be offended?

What about the scores of players that are now missing a very good looking part of Divinity’s Reach? Are we allowed to be offended?

Any apologies for those two groups? Is one Asian person more important than the majority of your fanbase?

I am of Asian decent, and I am highly offended that Cantha has been ditched because someone thought it would be offensive to a person like me. Moreover, I just don’t buy the excuse that Cantha would be culturally offensive to Asians. I think the truth behind Cantha’s omission is NCsoft’s fear that it would take away the thunder of it’s “Asian theme” themed MMO “Blade & Soul, which is due out in the USA soon.” Further, and on that note, why isn’t “Blade & Soul” possibly offensive (according to NCsoft’s standards), based on it’s theme alone?

In conclusion, like most of the posters here, I too would love (and pay top dollar) to have Cantha brought back in a future expansion to GW2.

?? ???? ??

Posted by: Kendra Nightwind.8734

Kendra Nightwind.8734

While I did not really like most of Factions, I did like Cantha. It was a great place to explore until you had to sell your drops.
I too would love to see Cantha restored to the game. As for fears that Cantha’s existance might offend some asians, I don’t really see how. Cantha is a fictional place not ment to represent any specific asian culture. So what part of FICTIONAL do they not understand?

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

I am really bothered that the cantha district was taken out after learning about it. The screenshots of it was gorgeous. I find it a lame excuse. Would love to see it returned to its greater glory. It being offensive or disliked, I find it highly hard to believe.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I am of Asian decent, and I am highly offended that Cantha has been ditched because someone thought it would be offensive to a person like me. Moreover, I just don’t buy the excuse that Cantha would be culturally offensive to Asians. I think the truth behind Cantha’s omission is NCsoft’s fear that it would take away the thunder of it’s “Asian theme” themed MMO “Blade & Soul, which is due out in the USA soon.” Further, and on that note, why isn’t “Blade & Soul” possibly offensive (according to NCsoft’s standards), based on it’s theme alone?

In conclusion, like most of the posters here, I too would love (and pay top dollar) to have Cantha brought back in a future expansion to GW2.

I like you.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Wafflesauce.2914

Wafflesauce.2914

Oh my gosh : O! Plleeaaaasee give us Cantha as an expansion! Factions was by far my favorite expansion and standalone as well in the guild wars 1 series – I’ve been dying for Cantha to be announced as an expansion since Guild wars 2 came out! I’d buy it up in a heartbeat!

Posted by: Taerik.3405

Taerik.3405

I would like a cantha return

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

Just the Idea of having a zone being a whole City gives me Goosebumps.

Wouldn’t it be more racist Not to add Asian and Arabic cultures on Tyria?

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: Dethroat.3514

Dethroat.3514

BRING BACK CANTHA!

NCSOFT, DO NOT BECOME EA!

Dethroat – Human – Necromancer – War is Hell [WAR] Leader
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

ANET do NOT let such a big part of your world disappear! I, and my friends, would PAY to see Cantha again.

Posted by: Aurora.9048

Aurora.9048

Please bring Cantha(and Elona) back! we love it!

Posted by: deechow.3024

deechow.3024

Cantha is the main content of Guild Wars that I extremely loved. It is one of the main factor that kept me continuing playing the original Guild Wars (before Guild Wars 2) and would very much love so if Guild Wars 2 can provide us access to Cantha at some point in time. Lore is one of my largest anticipation of why I love Cantha. In addition, the artwork, scenery, and the population density is the best in my opinion. I just simply fell in love with Cantha, especially the two Canthan vessels: Kurzicks and Luxons. I really hope that one day Cantha will be available as an expansion to players (I would instantly purchases it).

Many speculation that I’ve read about Cantha will be taken out of Guild Wars 2 completely rooted from The Great Collapse issue. My initial reaction was shocked and disappointed. The issue about the Chinese and Koreans not being able to agree with the architectures causing it to be the prime factor to be taken out of the game simply amazes me. If it is a lore issue, I can understand but architectural reasoning… I simply frown upon this. I’ve seen many posts about how many people classified this as an “Asian” issue. I cannot see it as this perspective. As an Asian descent (specifically Chinese) I would really love Arena Net original plan regardless of mixing architectures. Diversity among people, especially in a melting pot in Divinity Reach, I really do not see it as an issue. Look at our real life Chinatown. It does not only consists of Chinese stores and styles. I cannot speak for every city, but personally I live in Toronto and I can say that our Chinatown consists of many Chinese and Vietnamese stores and people generally do not have an issue with this here (so why should there be an issue in game that takes place in a melting pot zones of human cultures in Divinity Reach just like the melting pot of all races in Lion Arch.)

I also do not mind if Cantha is not the next expansion as long as there will be one. I would probably play less Guild Wars 2 (as I would become less interested) knowing that there will never be anything Canthan. Taking my favourite content out of the game just feels very outrageous. Like I’ve stated before, I find this to be the best work Arena Net had made with Guild Wars (especially the Winds of Change). The amazing lore is what kept me personally playing the game.

As much as I loved Cantha in Guild Wars 1 scenery, I feel that it is completely fair that Arena Net has the freedom to redesign Guild Wars 2 version of Cantha to their liking. They are isolated (at least to Tyrian knowledge) for 250 years or so. Anything can happen – including a cultural revolution. We do not know what happens to the Naga, the Warden, and the Dredges of Cantha. In addition, we do not 100% know if all the Tengu had actually left the Canthan continent. We do not know if there are any other races residing south of the continent. Kaineng can change to a great effect, and can have a huge effect with Kurzick and Luxon absorbed into them, allowing them to change not only their scenery but their lifestyle as well (clothing, way of life, etc.) I really loved the Canthan related mini-dungeons of Fractals such as Solid-Ocean (Jade-Maw) and Cliffside (Battle Isles). In terms of the lore, who says there still must be a strong sense of xenophobia in Cantha in the present date of Guild Wars 2.

deechow.3024

There are 5 known Elder dragons in Tyria (4 to the general NPC) where Zhaitan is now defeated. This lessens one of the obstacles restraining the route between Cantha and Tyria. I noticed a part of personal story in Orr, there is a reference about how someone manage to sail a boat (very difficult) all the way to Cantha and back. Noted, the prime reason of what was stated (as I recall, correct me if I am wrong) that caused the trip to be difficult to the NPC perspective was due to Zhaitan army. The Deep Sea Dragon has little effect of their voyage (although I can suspect the Karka effect can now play a role.) To the populous of Tyria, Zhaitan and xenophobia (only toward non-humans and those who do not agrees with their ideals) are the only aspects that blocks trades with Cantha. Like many times in their history, relations with other nations opened and closed many time. Relations were once closed and reopened in Guild Wars 1 time, why can it not be reopen from a lore point of view. I find that opening this door would give it one of the most amazing lore to be developed. With this said, it is the same among expanding into Elona and other regions of the Northern parts of Tyria.

Missing out Cantha completely due to offending certain people (who I hope do not speak for me just because of my ethnicity) is not worth it. Judging from the fact that many people posted on this thread, I hope Arena Net places a very good consideration of what is happening with Cantha. Allowing Cantha to still exists would be a very good business strategy.

In my opinion of how the lore can work with opening Cantha early – it is quite possible and can make many senses.

In Guild Wars 1, Canthan lore does not focuses on the same goal as Prophecies and Nightfall. In Guild Wars 2, I personally think opening a Canthan expansion doesn’t mean we must fight an Elder Dragon just because Guild Wars 2 is primarily about fighting Elder Dragons. I would find it to be less meaningful (but that is a personal opinion.) Currently, Zhaitan is slain but the other still remains. Cantha still have Kuunavang, a dragon much like Glint of the Crystal Dessert. The Pact had united in order to defeat Zhaitan, but that does not mean that they have an unlimited amount of soldiers aiding them in battle. They are still working on their effort of cleaning up Orr. Zhaitan may had been slain, but the Risen are still roaming around. Taking down Zhaitan had been a toll to their number, not to mention that I highly doubt they can immediately fight another elder dragon in such a state (where I can see many of the Durmand Priory members would rather study Zhaitan more to help defeat the other dragons). In other words, their army is stretched thin and should not make war with another dragon until they finish up (at least until they are ready to move on) with the mess created by Zhaitan. Cantha can become a potential ally at this time to aid the battle against the Elder Dragons. I noticed many Tyrians barely acknowledges the treats of the Elder Dragons (especially at the beginning of the game). Likewise, Cantha may or may not be the same (especially if they see Zhaitan as the only treat who had now been defeated.) A potential goal of Canthan expansion is not defeating yet another Elder Dragon, but making new allies aiding the war against the Elder Dragons. The final boss can be someone who is possibly still xenophobic or someone who holds high power rejecting the idea of fighting the Elder Dragons. The possibilities are endless. Someone here also posted an idea of aircraft in Cantha. It is a neat idea and can be a mode of transportation that can avoid the threats potentially hold by the Deep Sea Dragon. Asuran Gate (reconstructing or simply making a new one) would also be a great idea for traveling to Cantha. We can potentially see the results of Cantha opening up and seeing their relations with other races. Lastly back to Tyria, with the help of Canthan army (especially since it is an empire), unlocking the Southern part of Tyrian map would be a great potential to defeat Kralkatorrik and help progress in resolving the issue with Elona (providing incentives to deal with Palawa Joko and his undead army.) I honestly see less reasons to go up North to fight Jormag compared to the other Elder Dragons first (especially due to the lack of allies up there).

deechow.3024

I really hope to see Cantha one day. Many of these ideas I listed above are potential lore based on my own perspective and of why I believe Cantha should not be taken out. I lastly want to suggest that if architecture is really is a huge issue, potentially having Cantha advancing in technology and a cultural revolution can change its appearance to anything as a whole. For example, it can become very modern. Still, I do not see the big issue as I never really hear people complain about Guild Wars Factions architectures. In conclusion, I hope you will have Cantha available as an expansion one day. Like many others who had posted on this forum, I too would love (and pay a lot) for Cantha to be brought back as a future expansion into the world of Guild Wars 2. Please I ask you to have Cantha available as an expansion in the future.Thank you for your time.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Oh and an dragonless Cantha could also work very well here. And I do not mean kuuna, but the elder dragons. They do not make the best foes these dragons.
For elona the boss could be Palawa joko ofcourse, no other would come close imo.

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

I have personally not played factions,but having a mixed asian architecture would suite this game well

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

Contrary to popular belief it hasn’t really affected Europe either. This is because Europe and Asia have one thing in common. 95%+ of there populations are all white or asian or whatever. It is only in certain countries were you actually have more than one race such as the USA or South Africa. Certain european people groups don’t get along. Ireland doesn’t like the UK because they treated them like kitten for hundred of years go figure, The Fins and Russians don’t get along either after multiple wars. And you can bet former Yugoslavian countries don’t get along. Most industrialized countries have some sort of equal work for equal pay but in all of those countries women hit the glass ceiling and the minorities usually make less than the majority. And it isn’t fair to say “well there are female heads of state in Europe” because that is like saying Obama is black so africans must be treated way better in the USA than in Europe.

Regarding Europe: blatantly untrue. It’s a lot more complicated than that. For instance, France and England were at war almost constantly for around a thousand years and yet there is little genuine animosity between the two countries. There are silly, racist jokes regarding frogs and roastbeef but you’re not going to be lynched for taking a holiday across the Channel.

Furthermore, the black population of France stands at 1.5 million, or there abouts while England has large Indian, Pakistani and Chinese contingents too. Calling an Iberian or Turk white would also be considered troubling. Europe was open for a long, long time and in that time, people moved throug it, warred through it, allied through it. Countries were shaped, reshaped and lessons were learnt. It is by no means perfect and without flaws, but many of its countries are fairly progressive when it comes to civil rights.

Regarding the actual topic at hand: People often like to see themselves and their cultures reflected within the fantasy worlds they immerse themselves within. When people see what they view as an unfair or outright wrong representation of themselves, they can become offended.

To an outside eye, many aspects of East Asian culture and art might well look the same, falling under a collective bracket of ‘Asian influenced’. The argument has been raised that we see European art and architecture mixed all the time – the same for various Middle Eastern designs. The issue here is that East Asia was very contained while European and Middle Eastern art movements spread beyond their areas of origin and were adapted and reimagined in a plethora of ways. While the modern era has opened up certain artistic channels, the ancient art, for a lot of people, is almost sacred and should not be ‘distorted’.

Of course, as an artist, this is frustrating. However, there are ways around it. The Germanic and Greecian aspects of the Kurzicks and Luxons might well have been adopted more firmly into the Empire, rather than been wiped out. Of course, there’s a part of me that wants Arenanet to be daring and just go for it, just design the most beautiful and fitting pieces they can for Cantha and show them to the world. Someone has to take that step sometime and people really are screaming to have Cantha opened up to the GW2 playerbase.

So, let’s see how well the Dragon Festival goes, hmm?

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Well, since an ANet rep has encouraged us to voice ourselves…

I’d absolutely love to see Cantha. Stylistically, it included some of my favourite areas, ideas, architecture, cultures… everything.

I’d love to see it. Even more than Elona.

Posted by: Kaino.4913

Kaino.4913

Cantha, Cantha, Cantha! It’d be amazing to see what happens to Cantha after so many years, heck maybe with an expansion of the game we’d get some better facial structure choices for character creation too.

Garen Traycekin [Level 80 ASH Ranger]
Roaming Spotter Build

Posted by: GreyFreeman.2516

GreyFreeman.2516

I really miss Cantha. It would be a huge misread of the user base to leave it out based upon some bizarre concept like “universality”. Coca-cola changed course on New Coke. MS will now be returning our beloved start button to us. Maybe NC-Soft can adjust their position on Cantha.

[TC][HFC] Aedin
“Hopeless? Why, very well!
But a man does not fight merely to win!”

Posted by: Shezu Tsukai.8291

Shezu Tsukai.8291

I started in GW with Factions because I loved the design, music, art, play… basically all of it. I continued playing to 50/50 GWAMM through all GW1 had to offer and pre-purchased the GW2 collectors edition. I have played every beta, every stress test and head start. Yes it was all done on a thief the most Assassin like and last vestige of Cantha GW2 has to offer.

If not for Cantha/Factions I would have never entered Anet’s universe. Please bring back Cantha!

Verum et Vitae

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I like you.

+1

Posted by: FirebrandFrog.7603

FirebrandFrog.7603

Here’s the main problem. NCsoft is based in South Korea. Keep in mind, SK ain’t the tightest of friends with Japan or China for various, embarrassing reasons that none of these countries will own up to, not even mentioning how absolutely nationalistic all three of these countries are. So to allow ANet to go through with making content of Cantha, a civilization that mixes Korean and two other Asian cultures, would make them feel more uncomfortable than anything else. Though, ANet should really have a spine and should have stood up to them instead of just taking it. So a minority of people are going to be uncomfortable with this update to a video game, when has that not happened before? Seriously??

As for MoP, the main issue was that everyone thought it was a joke. It was a joke in WC3 and, for a while, it was a joke in the WoW community. No one really expected ActiBlizz to go through with making pandas a legit thing. So when they did, it was only natural that people’s tables got flipped. As for them dealing with the Asian markets, the only real issue was that Pandaria was gonna be a Japanese-Chinese mixture but was changed at the last minute to be purely Japanese.

Briar Stoneheart, 80 Warrior | Erik Haptem, 80 Necromancer
(currently leveling: a Mesmer, an Engineer, and a Guardian)

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

Just writing to show my support for Cantha’s return, whether through a district in Divinity’s Reach or the continent.

Posted by: tookenyip.6753

tookenyip.6753

I’m asian. I want Cantha in GW2

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

Why small group of outraged cryers has so big influence at rest of the world ? -.-
We need cantha and we will show this.

Trust me. I’m engineer

Posted by: mechanizeddeath.3127

mechanizeddeath.3127

I don’t get onto this or any other GW2 forums much, but a friend of mine brought this to my attention a few weeks ago, and so I’ve spent a little bit of time reading up on the controversy.

I think it would be an awful shame to ignore Cantha entirely. Out of all the Guild Wars content, the Factions expansion was my absolute favorite. In fact due to my time spent in Alliance Battles and Fort Aspenwood/Jade Quarry, I think it’s safe to say I spent more time in Cantha than the other three parts of the game combined.

I’m glad to see I’m not alone in my love for Cantha, and with this much of an outcry for a return there, I think it’s safe to say there’s no question if we’ll return, it’s merely a question of when. And I’m looking forward to the inevitable Living Story where the Great Collapse is rebuilt.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m going to buy that new Blade & Soul game, simply because I’m Asian, and I need my Asian gaming fix. And fighting as a Lyn will be quite epic.

/crosses fingers for Cantha in future expansion

Attachments:

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Teiresais.8713

Teiresais.8713

As an African, I loved the idea of African culture being wholly represented in a video game positively, as it was with Elona in Nightfall and I have not seen it done elsewhere again.
Cantha is where I fell in love with not just Guild Wars but MMORPGs in general. Kaineng still feels like on of the most realistic game cities I have had the pleasure of running around in. I loved getting lost there and finding a beautiful house and courtyard in the middle of the squalor. The Undercity was a pain but in a good way. I wasn’t going to buy GW2 until there was either a Cantha or Elona expansion but I got it as a present and ya can’t look a gift horse in the mouth. GW2 does not feel whole or complete to me until these two continents are on the map and explorable. So please, please please for the love of the six gods please, provide us with Cantha and Elona + evolved ritualists, paragons and dervishes. I would really like to beat up that treacherous Palawa Joko who ruined my wondrous Vabbi! And Tsukiyomi Hime would like to visit Shing Jea where her ancestor Tsukiyomi Hime learnt the way of the Assassin. Pretty please with golden dollars ice cream and a cherry on top >.<

Posted by: Yvilthi.5413

Yvilthi.5413

Give Cantha!

It was the most Epic Guild Wars experience i certainly had, and while we are at it
Tengu !!!!

Yvilthi lvl 80 human Ranger
Yv Ilthi lvl 80 human Mesmer

Posted by: Noxin.5602

Noxin.5602

Not including the two other continents would be and incredibly waste of creative work. I mean, just think of all the love and care that was put into it in the first place.

I do recognize that the Elder Dragons are the main driving force behind story for now, but I can’t help to hope that when the Deep Sea Dragon has been defeated we will be able to discover Cantha again. Or in another approach; Start out in Cantha as the opposed population that the Emperor wants slain, pushed from both sides as the DSD surfaces.

A Fractal of the Jade Sea won’t do it for me. I’d love for the whole region to return!

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

If I recall, Mike O’brien left Blizzard because of the threshold of corporate decisions. Hopefully with player backing, ArenaNet will still be able to hold true to their roots and fight back corporate jargon. Realistically speaking, adding Cantha and Elona themes is the fairer, balanced approach. Leaving them out is biased (imo).

Posted by: Duskmelt.9834

Duskmelt.9834

I am Asian and I think not having Cantha would be a real shame. The lore of Cantha is so rich and we love it. Statistically, SOMEONE will have to take offense at anything you make. The world of Guild Wars 2 isn’t even a true reflection of our modern world so discomfort could be negated there.

Posted by: Jairyn.6913

Jairyn.6913

I want Cantha and a kungkittenmonk ASAP. The only downside I can see is comparison to MoP… Except GW1 had monks with some vague kungkittenelements (mostly related to aesthetics, but whatever) and Cantha well before Pandaria existed.

As for western markets not caring for Asia… Factions says “hi.” MoP flopped setting-wise because Pandaria is an irrelevant gaiden non-sequitur born of an April Fool’s joke, whereas Cantha has been an integral part of GW for years, now.

Adding Cantha and Elona and their diversity of cultures would make the game more “universal,” not less.

Edit: …Why can’t I say kungkitten

Posted by: Arawn.3674

Arawn.3674

I’m also one of those people inspired by WoodenPotatoe’s video to come here and voice my opinion.

Much has been said already, and I agree with all the arguments brought up here in favor of a Cantha expansion for GW2. While it was not my most favourite part of GW1 (that being Nightfall, as has been said before it’s so rare to see North African and Arabic culture being integrated into an MMO or a videogame in general), Factions was still an outstanding game in and of itself. I don’t want to re-hash all the arguments here now, but I too would enjoy jumping puzzles in Kaineng City, roaming around as a Tengu or just watch the scenery in marvel.

The argument that a Cantha expansion might be too similar to Mists of Pandaria is, in my personal opinion, ridiculous. Not only has Factions been an integral part of GW lore way before MoP was even conceived, there is also a big difference of just the style of these two approaches. To say these two might resemble each other too much would be as if to say “Kung F’u Panda” and “Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon” or “Hero” were one and the same movie.

Also, I don’t see any reason why Cantha should not be plagued by an Elder Dragon. We already have Kralkatorrik knocking on the gates of Elona, so why not the Deep Sea Dragon or even a whole new dragon entirely as the main enemy in the Cantha expansion. Sure, the Elder Dragons seem to surround Tyria pretty much, but why do you have to fight them from the inside, if it would just as well be possible to fight them from the opposite side as well? (That being Elona in Kralkatorrik’s back or Cantha against another dragon.)
Now that I think about it, the Battle Isles would be an awesome setting for the fight against the DSD. Maybe some of the islands have even been flooded by now. An underwater Zaishen temple complex would be an AWESOME area to play in!

Please, ArenaNet, there is so much potential in Cantha. Please bring it back.

Dekk Under The Wind
Aurora Glade – Thievery Corporation [iSpy]

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

cantha is the most likely place for hand to hand weapon sets or martial artist proffessions, so it must happen, make it so no1

Posted by: Chris Starflame.1023

Chris Starflame.1023

Instead of choosing one culture for all of Cantha, could they make Kaineng City be one culture (China) and Shing Jea another (Japan)?

“Fire the gun, Cobiah”
“Physics will do the rest.”

Posted by: Exroyal.9053

Exroyal.9053

I just posted this on the Dragon Bash thread in the living story discussion, but i’ll post it here as well. So from my understanding, we’ll see the return of the Dragon Festival from GW1 in the form of the Dragon Bash here in GW2. When i remember Dragon Festival, i remember Cantha, serpent dragons (asian) and more “asian” things. They won’t let you add a major part of your game due to it being asian, yet they will let you add an annual event like the Dragon Bash?

Posted by: Zyphent.2967

Zyphent.2967

Just began playing through Factions on my quest to earn some HoM points.

KAENING IS AWESOME. This place HAS to appear in GW2, the scope of it is amazingly cool.

Posted by: Brastin.4628

Brastin.4628

I would instantly pre-order if Cantha was the next expansion… The place looks amazing and the lore is awesome itself…

Pleaaasse Arenanet give us Cantha

Posted by: Kelushan.4701

Kelushan.4701

I would instantly pre-order if Cantha was the next expansion… The place looks amazing and the lore is awesome itself…

Pleaaasse Arenanet give us Cantha

Same here. Love GW2 and Cantha from GW1 and would love to see more.
NC Soft, don’t scrap this part of the GW universe.

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

We want Cantha back!

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

They can bring Cantha back without being culturally insensitive. They just need to find the right balance, with consultation with those that said they were offended.

Negotiation and compromise are skills that I have no doubt can be used in this situation.

Cantha, is part of exiting lore. To ignore it now would be ridiculous. Some of the armor and ascended items even reference characters from the Cantha campaign.

You have to ask, what was it specifically they found offensive? Why was that part not offensive in Guild Wars 1? If it is a hang over from GW1, what would they suggest needs to be changed?

Having said that, Elona is logical to be the next area to open up. This gives a year or more to work out the Cantha issue with NCSoft.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Well, the whole Dragon Bash coming up probably has nothing to do with The Dragon Festival held by Canthan’s annually considering the difference in the name, so we still have no idea where Anet stands on Cantha these days. With Anet “planning” an expansion as they said in their statement or whatever to the NCsoft report, we can always hope that we will start to see more Canthan & Asian friendly content coming out in the future…Even though I doubt we will be seeing it before we see several other places 1st…

On the subject of Blade & Soul, that’s like a year and a half away…lol..

Posted by: Serephen.3420

Serephen.3420

Guild Wars is not Guild Wars without Cantha, enough said.

Posted by: Ragfell.7594

Ragfell.7594

Consider this a person asking nicely to have Canthan things.

I was really hoping to be able to really roll a Canthan character, exiled to Kryta for the obvious reasons. The fact that there’s no architecture from Cantha saddens me greatly. The story for Cantha was (in my humble opinion [for what it’s wort]) the most personal from Guild Wars.

Truly, I am saddened by the loss of the Canthan District.

Regardless, I have hope that, if we ask kindly and politely, that we can have something brought to us in the upcoming year or so. 4th of July was always so much fun in Shing Jea….

So, please give us some Canthan goodness.

Posted by: Priest Tully.3798

Priest Tully.3798

I started playing gw1 Factions before any off the other campaigns and it made me addicted to guild wars! When guild wars 2 first came out I searched through Divinity’s Reach in the hope of finding my character’s ancestral part of the city and all I found was a big, gaping hole.

Please consider making Cantha, building an entire continent is a major task to begin with so please also repair the Great Collapse!

I hope very much that the Dragon Bash Festival will bring us Canthan decorations to Lion’s Arch. I fear though…