There's nothing legendary about it.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I browse the forums every now and then and people complain they can’t get a Legendary in 20 hours of leveling an alt or something as ridiculously simplistic as that.

Again, as many people have repeated. They are LEGENDARY. Sure I don’t 100% agree with how they are obtained, but at least they require significant effort to get.

Farming COF and TP flipping are the only way to get them? Nonsense, I’m sitting here with … well I’m not going to brag now … and I have NEVER TP flipped, and do maybe 2-3 hours a week of COF at most.

Come on guys, get with the program, stop expecting handouts.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

well the point few people tends to realize is that:

I know how to TP (or better saying i was explained) for some items..
I checked and worked (didn t abuse it).

I own already a precursor as said and i almost lack only the 100 stones from NPC and map completion.

The other i want is ubercheap.

I tried stuff before saying its wrong.

I know its easy to buy a precursor with money and after almost 1 year (checking constantly price of the one i wanted) trying to get it with forge i gave up and bought it from TP.

I felt i did something wrong….i gave gold to people making this game worse and gave them another reason to keep doing it.

Its the difference between caring for your toon or caring for a game i guess……

But mostly because i know that flippers doesn t affect only precursors.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

So… you have buyer’s remorse. Ok, whatever, your opinion is your opinion. It doesn’t mean anything to me.

Posted by: Gomoratoad.9867

Gomoratoad.9867

…if I continue with wanting to get the ‘legendary’ I’ll take the ‘legendary’ step of grinding cof p1 and paying TP flippers in the future.

Is this what legendary is?

Arguments and missed points aside, I agree with this. In other MMOs I had to do a challenging, epic quest chain for the equivalent of a legendary weapon. In this game, I have to get extremely lucky with RNG, or grind/flip endlessly to buy the precursor (and then grind more for the legendary itself). It doesn’t feel “legendary” at all, IMO. I hope they can implement the new precursor acquisition method soon, for those who are getting tired of the RNG/mindless repetition method and want a more clear path to their weapon.

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Do what I do, don’t go after a legendary ^^

You will just hurt your experience. Wait till the process is improved through some patch and then try it. I’ve played with the mystic toilet and agree, some people simply have horrible luck while others prevail with multiple precursors.

(~1400 hours played, not 1 precursor drop.)

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

So… the OP made a stupid decision with his money, gambling it all away, and we’re supposed to feel badly for him?

Give me a break. You can get a precursor, if you actually want one, in multiple ways:

1. Daily boss reward chests
2. Random drop out in the world
3. Gambling with Mystic Forge
4. Buying one outright

All of these things are easily doable.

3 of them are luck, 4th one is anything but easily doable

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

So… the OP made a stupid decision with his money, gambling it all away, and we’re supposed to feel badly for him?

Give me a break. You can get a precursor, if you actually want one, in multiple ways:

4. Buying one outright

And so Legendaries are now supposed to be easily doable without luck?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

If you truly had that much gold, why not just buy the Precursor?

How much is that much you speak of?

Paying flippers is part of the legendary process, I now see this.

yes, continue calling people that got lucky and decided to sell the precursor instead of keeping it flippers. That’s surely a respectful way to treat someone that is helping you finish your legendary.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

4. Buying one outright

don’t feed the troll.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

What i dont get is why people expect to get precursors from the forge. i got mine there, but i knew it was a risk. Like the OP said… The last straw for him was when he used all his gold in the forge without getting it.. My question is why?

if you knew you would get so depressed and mad if you didnt get it, why even bother trying?

Posted by: BurnedToast.3781

BurnedToast.3781

There are no “flippers” for precursors, the price is high because they are rare and everyone wants them. The AH has a 15% fee. That means you need to raise the price by 15% just to break even.

Dusk costs 644 gold right now, as of may 28 it cost 615 gold. If I’d bought one then and resold it now, a month later, I’d have made a grand total of… negative 63 gold.

The reason the price is high is simple – It’s RARE and everyone wants it, Anet’s stupid RNG method of getting it. The reason the price keeps going up so fast is because ANet refuses to nerf CoF farming, leading to rampant inflation

Blame anet, it’s 100% their fault.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

4. Buying one outright

They’re not supposed to be easily doable, but he is saying that the 4 methods he mentioned are easily doable

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

tolunart.2095

…I’d have made a grand total of… negative 63 gold.
… leading to rampant inflation

Uh, what? Rampant inflation… sure…

Posted by: BurnedToast.3781

BurnedToast.3781

…I’d have made a grand total of… negative 63 gold.
… leading to rampant inflation

Uh, what? Rampant inflation… sure…

Maybe rampant is a bit strong, but still – prices consistently rising 5%+ per month on anything with a strong demand (especially when that 5% is more gold then the “average” player will make total in a month) with no end in sight is pretty bad.

It’s just not bad enough that “flipping” is profitable, except in the very long term.

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

Everyone is flaming the OP on his choice of words, when the thread title still holds its entire meaning.
There’s nothing Legendary about obtaining a Legendary.
There’s the rich, and there’s the lucky.
There’s no Legendary in that.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Paying TP flippers is what I’m reduced to it seems if I’m to get ANY kind of legendary.

Where RNG is most likely skewed:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/3000-Played-No-random-precursor-drop/first#post2338615

Personally if sigil’s, rune’s and trait’s don’t work correctly what makes you think RNG is functioning correctly.

I don’t think it is, same with DR. These are amongst the most complex systems in the game, if other less complex areas of the game are bug ridden (as they are) then it stands to reason that the more complex systems are as well. And they’ve already shown they can have difficulty finding such bugs (the loot drop fiasco).

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

Prices are always going up…not down.
In 6 months those precursors will be worth 2 or 3 times what they are worth now.

What I really can not stand about this legendary system is the fact that it requires so much RNG. I left wow because of RNG within RNG. This system to me is not casual friendly. I don t mind working at this everyday if I can see the end of the tunnel. But I mind having to rely on RNG to be able to get a legendary.

Legendary means you should have worked on it a lot way more than most people.

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

Everyone is flaming the OP on his choice of words, when the thread title still holds its entire meaning.
There’s nothing Legendary about obtaining a Legendary.
There’s the rich, and there’s the lucky.
There’s no Legendary in that.

Well yeah that is basically it.

If you are wealthy you can buy gems, turn them into gold and buy your legendary, making sure the prices will increase on the TP so that other wealthy players can buy more gems and drive the prices higher.

Or you could be a total noob and log in kill a mob and get your precursor…nothing legendary about it

tolunart.2095

Prices are always going up…not down.
In 6 months those precursors will be worth 2 or 3 times what they are worth now.

Except that they are working on a more reliable path to getting a precursor weapon. So if you are buying precursors with the intent to sell them later, the supply – which is always increasing anyway, through random drops and MF – is going to jump a lot higher, and demand – which drops as more people get their precursors – is going to fall.

But keep on flipping, the real estate market is only going to go up forever! Er, I mean the precursor market.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

lol gambling addiction