Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Steely Phil.3952

Steely Phil.3952

I think your totally right about the infusion system. And I think that system is fine. If you want to grind away at dungeon here is a system to support that. If you don’t – don’t. This is GW is supposed to work.

The new gear is the issue here. They could have just added an infusion slot to everyone’s character sheet, but they didn’t. They told everyone to throw their current exotics in the trash and you’ll now be forced to work for the new stuff to stay even with everyone else. Gear treadmill. If they can’t make people like the game they’ll settle for addicting them to it.

“Yo dawg, we heard you liked grind.” -ANet

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

I’ve read the responses made on the German forum and I must say, I am still disappointed.

They knew the changes will cause anger and they expected it, but still they decided to make the announcement about the new gear basically as late as possible, thus denying the players any possibility of planning their actions / purchases accordingly. Thanks so much.

They are hoping that “releasing the new gear slowly will mitigate the feeling of a treadmill”. Yes, because they very well know it is a …. treadmill and instead of option for something else, they decided to just try to powder it up as much as possible. How sweet.

I am still asking myself why the whole Infusion Progression business wasn’t bolted down to a new gear slot altogether, leaving almost everyone happy.

Even infusion in itself is a horrendous thing. Every other game that had it had to remove it due to how much players absolutely despised it. Not to mention its negative aspects on gameplay.

I know.
However, Infusion in itself is kind-of separate system easy to remove (like LotRO removed Radiance) and who knows, maybe, just maybe, ANet would manage to pull it off. If not, they could remove it.
But gear upgrade is a one-time thing.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Posted by: chronus.1326

chronus.1326

But other people do find it fun.

They do not know better.

The very premie of Guild Wars 2 was to freshen up the genre by implementing Guild Wars 1’s system into an MMO format.

The very premise of the game included completely excluding the vertical progression in it’s entirety.

It either should never have attracted the people who liked it, or should have changed them.

(edited by chronus.1326)

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

I read your post, and comprehended it.

But your post does not quote them saying “There will never be a higher tier than exotic” or “Exotic will forever be best in slot” or “We will never for any reason add ascension gear”.

All it says is they introduced it because of a reason, that doesn’t say it wasn’t already on the drawing board; but just being postponed.

ANet clearly stated that this game will not have vertical gear progression at max level. Every gaming blog on the planet got it, players from Guild Wars 1 got it, people that bought this game for this specific reason got it even review sites got it and recommended it to players with limited time to play games.

Why can’t you get it?

And why can’t you get that the game’s nowhere near complete and that there’s already a progression system in place? They’re just adding a tier that they never said wasn’t going to be there.

Granted if they keep adding new tiers it’ll upset me as much as anyone else; but currently they have kept to their intention of no gear treadmill. A single step is far from a treamill.

A single step……..is the beginning of every journey.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: Flynch.6034

Flynch.6034

Looks very interesting indeed. Google translate butchers it, but it looks like they know what they’re doing, or at least are very aware of the audience.

Disappointing. No info about a compensation for the players that lost time and money in obsolete gear. Confirmation that they will NOT say Ascended is the last because they might want to make another level later …

My German is non-existent so i’ll have to take your word on them denying Ascended is the last tier but I think them not saying something in a hastily prepared forum post is not indicative of them ignoring it.

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I cant believe people are complaining they have extra things to do. So youd rather have less things to do? Makes sense.

No, I’d rather have fun things to do, not have to grind dungeons that I don’t consider fun. Why can’t these items be immediately available in WvWvW and pve now?

But other people do find it fun. Anything they do will always piss someone off.

Isn’t anet’s premise that there will be options to suit different play styles? Where’s the option to get this in wvwvw upon release? That’s my question. Thanks.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: Angrec.6970

Angrec.6970

I’ve read the responses made on the German forum and I must say, I am still disappointed.

They knew the changes will cause anger and they expected it, but still they decided to make the announcement about the new gear basically as late as possible, thus denying the players any possibility of planning their actions / purchases accordingly. Thanks so much.

They are hoping that “releasing the new gear slowly will mitigate the feeling of a treadmill”. Yes, because they very well know it is a …. treadmill and instead of option for something else, they decided to just try to powder it up as much as possible. How sweet.

I am still asking myself why the whole Infusion Progression business wasn’t bolted down to a new gear slot altogether, leaving almost everyone happy.

Even infusion in itself is a horrendous thing. Every other game that had it had to remove it due to how much players absolutely despised it. Not to mention its negative aspects on gameplay.

I know.
However, Infusion in itself is kind-of separate system easy to remove (like LotRO removed Radiance) and who knows, maybe, just maybe, ANet would manage to pull it off. If not, they could remove it.

Yeah thats why I have repeatedly said if that aspect goes live im done with this game and ip. I could probably live with infusion, even though I have personally experienced similar and know how much of a horrible thing it is. It would only be tolerable because of the fact that it could easily be removed, unlike a new tier of gear.

cherrie.8907

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/139a4j/official_post_ascended_items_on_german_forums/

Translation of the German announcement on Reddit, asi see a lot of people are not aware of it.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

Personally I’d say not pissing the people who you’ve spent X amount of years enticing with promises that you’re different from other MMO’s, is more important than not pissing off people who were unhappy that you’re how you advertised yourself to be.

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

I’m still waiting for you people to get a fraction the memory of a goldfish.

pretty sure its just trolling at this point, the info has been posted multiple times, and its not hard to find.

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Posted by: Joshmans.8937

Joshmans.8937

Meh.

Depending on how different the stats are, it may bring me back to the game. Lack of gear progression is why i stopped played after hitting 80.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

My German is non-existent so i’ll have to take your word on them denying Ascended is the last tier but I think them not saying something in a hastily prepared forum post is not indicative of them ignoring it.

The google translation rather clearly says that the answer to the first question is :
“I’ll not say that it’s 100% certain Ascended is the last tier will add because you never know if we’ll need to add another one later”

Posted by: Pandinus.9073

Pandinus.9073

Meh.

Depending on how different the stats are, it may bring me back to the game. Lack of gear progression is why i stopped played after hitting 80.

Were you not aware of what you were buying?They’ve stated multiple times to no gear progression.

cherrie.8907

I know.

Yeah thats why I have repeatedly said if that aspect goes live im done with this game and ip. I could probably live with infusion, even though I have personally experienced similar and know how much of a horrible thing it is. It would only be tolerable because of the fact that it could easily be removed, unlike a new tier of gear.

What I am missing is the clarity we had back in GW1 days.
Certainty there will be no level cap increase, that our gear will never go obsolete stat-wise.

-Mike Obrien

Posted by: azmodeus.3409

azmodeus.3409

love the idea of ascended gear, not overpowered but a slight increase, something new to aquire, but i won’t be obsolete in exotics in the mean time.

great idea, keep the gear tiers and content coming!

Flynch.6034

The google translation rather clearly says that the answer to the first question is :
“I’ll not say that it’s 100% certain Ascended is the last tier will add because you never know if we’ll need to add another one later”

Ah yes sorry I sort of scan-read it really. Well we can only seen what happens from here I guess.

Posted by: Kingbee.4091

Kingbee.4091

The fact remains Arenanet has lost credibility (for me) and they dropped this bombshell on us via third party preview no statement explaining things and very little even now just the Chris’s statement that was crafted in a way to mean different things to different people, clarity isn’t there.

Those who say they won’t log in for the event are only hurting themselves, you paid for this content, enjoy it, it may be the last you see without the new treadmill in place

Posted by: chronus.1326

chronus.1326

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/139a4j/official_post_ascended_items_on_german_forums/

Translation of the German announcement on Reddit, asi see a lot of people are not aware of it.

• They are explicitly not promising that Ascended gear will be the last item tier—they don’t want to make more promises that they can be accused of breaking later (like is happening this time). They note that in GW1, new gear was added over time—not a better-statted tier, but bonus combinations that weren’t available at release, like the +energy on staves.

This really not gonna help. Are they seriously trying to make Guild Wars look similar now? Because that is a direct attack on the Guild Wars fanbase with the specific intent to feed the new GW2 fanbase with utter bs.

I see that as a fiancial suicide.

(edited by chronus.1326)

Posted by: Loosifah.4738

Loosifah.4738

Who’s to say that ascended gear is going to be better for everything anyways? With fixed stats and no customization it doesn’t sound neccisarily better than be able to put whatever superior rune in something you want to. Also there are no set bonuses for ascended gear.

Posted by: Cyric.7485

Cyric.7485

lots of math

If the majority of players were running around with actual Legendary weapons, I’d be inclined to agree with you. However, I’m going to wager that not enough people have a Legendary quality weapon to make the effects dramatically felt across the board. Aside from that, a Legendary weapon should be… well… legendary, so I have no qualms about the damage increase on it.

As for all your math stuff, I won’t lie to you, I started reading it and then just skimmed a lot of it. I did notice that you may have mistaken my 2k-3k Power remark as me stating that the difference between the two is negligible, which is not what I was implying. I was merely voicing that with either Power value, my results wouldn’t vary much in terms of my success/failure ratios. One of the largest lessons I learned when I first started playing GW2 was that the numbers aren’t nearly as important as I thought they were… it wasn’t until I started moving things around and diversifying my builds that I started seeing much better results, hence the basis of my 2k-3k remark.

This made me almost spit my drink out. ROFL I was laughing so hard at the “wearing trashbags and swinging old newspapers” part.

Lawl, I’m glad you enjoy my sarcasm as much as I do.

Losers make excuses, winners make it happen.

(edited by Cyric.7485)

cherrie.8907

Personally I’d say not pissing the people who you’ve spent X amount of years enticing with promises that you’re different from other MMO’s, is more important than not pissing off people who were unhappy that you’re how you advertised yourself to be.

I would think that too.
Unfortunately, I’ve learned that after playing GW1 since Prophecies, following every single development on GW2 I could find, waiting for the game for half a decade and defending it’s unusual principles before the WoW crowd, pre-purchasing on the first day available, playing almost every day, reporting every bug I could find and every bot I could select (wasting a lot of time on it too), exploring every inch of Tyria I could find, reading every NPC conversation etc I am not “their most dedicated player”. Kinda heartbreaking. Feels like betrayal a bit to know that the impossible to satisfy, always hungry locusts are their “most dedicated customers”.

-Mike Obrien

(edited by cherrie.8907)

Flynch.6034

To be honest their intention at the moment may be completely pure and they genuinely have no plans or reason to implement a further tier. But if they launch an expansion in a year’s time and it has some more gear in it with a difference in stats, then being explicitly ambiguous about it is their back-up. Can’t blame them really.

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

Looks very interesting indeed. Google translate butchers it, but it looks like they know what they’re doing, or at least are very aware of the audience.

Disappointing. No info about a compensation for the players that lost time and money in obsolete gear. Confirmation that they will NOT say Ascended is the last because they might want to make another level later …

add in obsolete recipe purchases for karma that wouldn’t have been made. This chage so early in the game negates the value expenditures almost completely on my characters – expenditures of time invested, dollars/gems for transmute stones, crafting materials.

It’s just not a loss in value of the gear its self.

This is a cheap shot by Anet. It undercuts everything. It’s contrary to what they said to sell me the game. The Manifesto was a lie, a deception, and bait for this bait-and-switch.

The creation of this disaster was deceptively hidden from us as well ovetr the course of the live game while itwas being developed. They are remaining quiet except for a few PR pieces with language that is unspecific and deceptive.

Anet has demonstrated zero transparency to their customers! What they have said is untrue at best a fraud at worst.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Loosifah.4738

Nobody made you purchase anything with real money. Throw that argument out. Spending real money is completely optional.

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

To be honest their intention at the moment may be completely pure and they genuinely have no plans or reason to implement a further tier. But if they launch an expansion in a year’s time and it has some more gear in it with a difference in stats, then being explicitly ambiguous about it is their back-up. Can’t blame them really.

Exactely, also this is a forumpost not an official statement so please do not try to jump on every sinlge word in there, which is what the moderator asked himself not to do.

Posted by: trigger.6893

trigger.6893

After reading a lot of other people expressing my feelings about the next update in this thread, I finally decided to post this message.
Not to add anything to the discussion, sadly. Everything already has been said.

But I just don’t want to remain silent.

Because I love Guild Wars 2. Arena Net had one hell of a game. Taking Guild Wars 1’s formula and applying it to the MMO genre was huge, and was exactly what I was looking for.
Fully horizontal progression, reasonably fast leveling, reachable max stat gear.
And the perspective for so much content to enjoy without worrying about accessibility.

Instead, they apparently decided to go with Ascended gear (vertical progression), Agony (gated content), and yet another currency.

While it seems to be only a small step for now (only 2 slots for ascended items, and agony only kicking in for increased difficulty in the same dungeon), it’s already a step in the wrong direction. And it’s already a step too much.

I don’t really feel betrayed, because I feared that someday, the level cap would be increased ; I was secretly hoping it would never happen, because it would effectively be the same as introducing a new tier of gear. But it seems to have been confirmed through a video linked in this thread.
I do feel disappointed though, because I didn’t think it would happen so fast, and in this form they kept telling us wouldn’t be in GW2.

I also almost feel angry, because there is so much they could have done without introducing a new tier with stats increase.
They decided to go for the easy way. This very way every single other MMO out there choose to go after.

I feel sad.

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

My theory is that the gem purchases started slowing down so they decided to come up with a new tier of armor to stimulate cash shop revenue.

just as valid, but not nearly as long winded.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

I won’t tolerate willfull deception for any reason from a company that wants my business.

I can deal with plans being changed, if I’m told of it in a timely manner. Changing plans that are contrary to what one has told ones customers and remaining quiet about it is wrong, rude, and dishonest. Some folks live in areas where it is also illegal under civil law (I wish I lived in one). Here’s hoping that they get some huge fines imposed on them to correct this moral deficiency of lying to customers.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: Gingelyr.3648

Gingelyr.3648

For the benefit of anyone just watching this thread:
There’s another official ANet response on the German forums. I try to summarize it here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/ANet-post-about-Ascended-items-German-forums/first
with some help from a German speaker (not me)

Posted by: pregnable.1954

pregnable.1954

• They are explicitly not promising that Ascended gear will be the last item tier—they don’t want to make more promises that they can be accused of breaking later (like is happening this time). They note that in GW1, new gear was added over time—not a better-statted tier, but bonus combinations that weren’t available at release, like the +energy on staves.

This really not gonna help. Are they seriously trying to make Guild Wars look similar now? Because that is a direct attack on the Guild Wars fanbase with the specific intent to feed the new GW2 fanbase with utter bs.

I see that as a fiancial suicide.

Do they want to crash themselves and drag down Nexon with them or what?

Oh well, good enough for me to know that I can stop farming my daily now at least.

Now I just need to tell a few people I am leaving and game and uninstall.

Sad that I waited years for this game lol… I had no idea that I would be playing gw1 so much longer than 2… hahaha.

Maybe I will check back in 6 months and see if they fixed the game to my liking. Probably not though.

Bye all.

Cactus Brawler.7415

They’ve had three days to respond, three days is hardly a hasty response is it?

Posted by: Nerth.3940

Nerth.3940

Nobody made you purchase anything with real money. Throw that argument out. Spending real money is completely optional.

Selling something with ill intentions is called a fraud and is a criminal act. If the translation from German is correct they new exactly what will happen and knowingly withhold that information from us.

You are correct, nobody forced me to buy anything from the cash shop and I will never ever buy anything from NC Soft or ArenaNet ever again.

You are right, things change but any company with a shred of decency announce that change long before it actually happens.

Flynch.6034

Sure it is – bearing in mind it’s only in German. If it was a well-though out response, it would be multi-lingual and posted by a higher-up?

Posted by: Sion.1653

Sion.1653

I like the sound of this. Nice theories, and I certainly home they are at least partially accurate. I believe Anet haven’t yet sunk their ship just because of this update – regardless of what the forum goers are trying to say. There’s still time for this to be a very, very good update, rather than the update that kills their game.

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

There’s another official ANet response on the German forums. I try to summarize it here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/ANet-post-about-Ascended-items-German-forums/first

You may want to look here, someone on reddit already took care of it.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

Posted by: Gingelyr.3648

Gingelyr.3648

You may want to look here, someone on reddit already took care of it.

I’m the same guy. I didn’t spot that anyone on this thread had caught my reddit post already, my mistake.

Flynch.6034

I won’t tolerate willfull deception for any reason from a company that wants my business.

I can deal with plans being changed, if I’m told of it in a timely manner. Changing plans that are contrary to what one has told ones customers and remaining quiet about it is wrong, rude, and dishonest. Some folks live in areas where it is also illegal under civil law (I wish I lived in one). Here’s hoping that they get some huge fines imposed on them to correct this moral deficiency of lying to customers.

Surely the problem here is that things do change. If it’s seen that they had this intention from the day they launched their PR manifesto, then yes that’s certainly bad news for them. But post-launch it’s a trickier beast.

So they have now been put in a position where they cannot give any specifics else in the future something might change and they will be mauled again.

If we want transparency from a company, they need to know that their news will be received intelligently and thoughtfully. Many have done so, but a majority have gone right off the deep-end. I’m not defending Anet and i’m not defending the forums. But we have an impasse right now and it’s damaging the future of the game. They need to be absolutely fearless and show total transparency, and the forum has to take this on board and open up sensible negotiations.

Cactus Brawler.7415

Sure it is – bearing in mind it’s only in German. If it was a well-though out response, it would be multi-lingual and posted by a higher-up?

Then we are arguing semantics, though perhaps you should use the word ‘official ’or perhaps ’authorized’ rather than ‘hasty’, hasty would of been several hours after this thread started, ‘timely’ left the building yesterday. After forty eight hours things start to get into the ‘delayed’ territory.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

i don’t think it’s because of the cash shop, i think they made tons with haloween on that

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Loosifah.4738

Selling something with ill intentions is called a fraud and is a criminal act. If the translation from German is correct they new exactly what will happen and knowingly withhold that information from us.

You are correct, nobody forced me to buy anything from the cash shop and I will never ever buy anything from NC Soft or ArenaNet ever again.

You are right, things change but any company with a shred of decency announce that change long before it actually happens.

How is having a cash shop open for you to buy whatever you want ill intention? Fusion stones? Purely cosmetic, you could want them for any gear you have. Boosters? They serve a purpose. Mini’s? Purely cosmetic. Town clothes? Purely cosmetic. Bank/Bag expansions? They serve a purpose.

Then finally exchanging gems -> gold. Just because they didn’t announce new gear til the update does not mean they deceived you into buying gold via gems.

I’ve spent over $100 on the cash shop for keys for the boxes, dye packs, boosters, etc. I even traded some gems for gold. Do I feel I’ve been betrayed? Hell no. I spent the money on things I wanted.

There’s new stuff to spend money on? Awesome, more stuff for me to buy.

(edited by Loosifah.4738)

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

• “They are explicitly not promising that Ascended gear will be the last item tier”
  • “the gear is just to serve the progression content.”
  • “Dungeon armor will likely be adjusted, they’re not yet sure how”

Is any more evidence needed as to how hastily conceived and ill-thought-out this is?

Posted by: Angrec.6970

Angrec.6970

Surely the problem here is that things do change. If it’s seen that they had this intention from the day they launched their PR manifesto, then yes that’s certainly bad news for them. But post-launch it’s a trickier beast.

So they have now been put in a position where they cannot give any specifics else in the future something might change and they will be mauled again.

If we want transparency from a company, they need to know that their news will be received intelligently and thoughtfully. Many have done so, but a majority have gone right off the deep-end. I’m not defending Anet and i’m not defending the forums. But we have an impasse right now and it’s damaging the future of the game. They need to be absolutely fearless and show total transparency, and the forum has to take this on board and open up sensible negotiations.

The majority of us are going through it thoughtfully and sensibly. Dont confuse being sensible with blindly accepting it. Myself and others came for a specific (no new gear tiers), and that specific that was touted as being the core of the game is being changed.

Hence why myself and others are on the verge of leaving and are trying to get arenanet to change it. We respect and like this game to much to not have tried to keep it compatible with us playing it.

Flynch.6034

Then we are arguing semantics, though perhaps you should use the word ‘official ’or perhaps ’authorized’ rather than ‘hasty’, hasty would of been several hours after this thread started, ‘timely’ left the building yesterday. After forty eight hours things start to get into the ‘delayed’ territory.

lol ok semantics aside though, I just hope this new post doesn’t create another 8k flamewar!

Posted by: Emerge.9640

Emerge.9640

Meh.

You bought the wrong game. Play pandas.

ROAM | Oink | TLP

Loosifah.4738

Meh.

There’s that same “Go play WoW” argument. At least get some new material.

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

Meh.

People will play what they want. Stop telling them that they purchased the wrong game. There is alot this game offers that others don’t that many of us enjoy regardless of the new Ascended gear.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

I, personally, have taken the addition of Ascended gear to be a way of getting legendary stat items in an infinitely easier way than a legendary. Despite what a lot of people seem to believe, Legendaries ARE a step up stat-wise from exotic; yes it is small, and smaller than the step from Exotic → Ascended but it’s there. (ie: the damage range of The Juggernaut is 1000-1128, where as all exotic hammers are 984-1100)

People were complaining about this, especially given the grind you need to go through and that this is out of reach for your “average” player. Many complaints were also focused on how there is only one legendary of each type (except greatsword) with only one stat layout. In many cases the stats didn’t fit into builds and people were re-skinning their hard worked for legendary over and exotic anyhow and sacrificing the, albeit small, stat advantage for more relevant stats to their build. I haven’t seen to much QQ about this recently but, a month ago I saw complaints about this all the time.

It sounds to me that Ascended armor will be much easier to get: through the dungeon, crafting, WvW, Mystic Forge. So that fixes the “unobtainable legendaries having better stats” problem.

And this is where I agree with your post, it gives Anet the ability to release Legendary stated items with more varying stat loadouts, something the current legendary system lacks.

In all honesty the Ascended gear seems to fix more problems than it creates, and I think people will realize that given time.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

lol ok semantics aside though, I just hope this new post doesn’t create another 8k flamewar!

It won’t. At this point I am simply waiting for somebody with some executive authority to put out a blog or something confirming this is what all these low-level team members are telling us it is.

I don’t even want to argue about it anymore. I know where I stand. I don’t make these decisions lightly, and once I decide I am out, I will be out forever.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

Posted by: Saldonus Darkholme.5680

Saldonus Darkholme.5680

I know.

What I am missing is the clarity we had back in GW1 days.
Certainty there will be no level cap increase, that our gear will never go obsolete stat-wise.

I’ve been staying out of this mess, but I just couldn’t let THAT statement go by!

Gaile Gray and the mini polar bear incident DO come to mind to contradict that statement!

For those of you that don’t know: During a Wintersday event, a miniature polar bear (Ursula, I know) was added into the Wintersday chest. You could only get it from that chest which was only available during Wintersday. Someone asked Gaile Gray, GW1’s main PR rep) if it WAS added. She INSISTED that it was not and to not waste your time. Only a few days prior to Wintersday closing, she backtracked and said it WAS added. (You’d have to go back and look at the old stuff to see how poorly it was handled.) Many people were up-in-arms about the whole thing. I learned then and THERE not to trust a word from ANYONE regarding this game (Well, there was also the “favor” incident, which CONFIRMED for me not to trust them, but that’s a whole other Oprah!)

Flynch.6034

The majority of us are going through it thoughtfully and sensibly. Dont confuse being sensible with blindly accepting it. Myself and others came for a specific (no new gear tiers), and that specific that was touted as being the core of the game is being changed.

Hence why myself and others are on the verge of leaving and are trying to get arenanet to change it. We respect and like this game to much to not have tried to keep it compatible with us playing it.

I’m certainly not confusing people being sensible with people being apathetic. There are intelligent posts from both camps and everything inbetween. But I would reconsider using the term ‘majority’ when it comes to these posts. The first half of the thread was pretty much a mad panic (caveat being, this is my opinion of course). Things are calmer now and I honestly think that’s a good way to progress.