Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

I usually do not play a game straight from release and prefer to wait several months before trying it out. However, the design philosophy behind GW1 impress me enough that when a friend persuade me to pre-purchase GW2, I agreed.

A gear treadmill however, is fundamentally different from the philosophy in GW1 and I am strongly against it. This game has no subscription, I would only pay more when I think the game deserve it. A gear treadmill, like the new class of gear announced has greatly erode the good will I have build up for this game and will make it much less likely for me to pay in the future.

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

Hello ArenaNet. Long time Guild Wars 1 fan and player here.

I played Guild Wars since release and admired the fact that there was never any power creep at all. Lots of added variety carried the game for 7 years. I have 9K hours logged in (crazy!). I’m in my mid 30-s and I have a lot of experience with games, even joining the industry 13 years ago as a hobby turned into a career. ArenaNet’s philosophy was pure gold; games would be about fun, players would be respected as human beings with real lives. Eliminating power-creep is core to those principals and it’s worth fighting for!

Ascended items are a betrayal; as unthinkable as a Guild Wars sword that did 15-23 or a 16^50 weapon bonus. If there’s going to be power-creep by design, then for heaven’s sake restrict it to the new endless dungeon.

I am not motivated by numbers. I play a game to have fun. End of story. Other games are competing for my time and for other players’ time, so when ArenaNet moves the goal posts on max stats in Guild Wars 2, the fun is damaged and people move on. For some of us, stat chasing and scraping maxed gear together is a barrier to fun. We want to get maxed and play for fun in WvW or by doing dynamic events or exploring or doing jumping puzzles or crafting or playing with crazy new dye combinations! There are so many ways to have fun that don’t involve chasing numbers, so please don’t ram this down our throats.

Level the power of Ascended and Legendary with Exotic. Keep the agony resistance for Ascended if you really want it, providing there’s no advantage outside the endless dungeon. But please, no stat advantages. You’re just wasting our time, and we hate it.

Posted by: Urxx.6840

Urxx.6840

I’m a bit old to rage-quit, but I haven’t played since they announced the introduction of ascended gear. And that’s not because I wanted to boycott them or anything, it’s just I don’t have the same drive to log on and play.

This fiasco has demotivated me completely. Instead of being excited for the new content (which I was before I read of the brand new threadmill) I’m looking at the GW2 icon but I don’t really feel any will to double-click it.

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

I’d like to congratulate this one forum thread for going over 100,000 views.

That’s more than the population of SWTOR.

Posted by: Emrys.8130

Emrys.8130

I’m in agreement with the posters that are frustrated here. The changes to and direction that the game is moving in is really disappointing. One of the best parts of Guild Wars, once it was fully evolved, was the sense that after you had completed the leveling blitz and worked on the resources for the gear you needed to survive, the world was your’s to explore, adventure in, and develop an appreciation for. There was no need to go back to the drawing board, unless you wanted something pretty that came out with new content.

Guild Wars 2 looked like it was set to continue in that vein for months now, and improve upon it! It was great to feel like I could focus on having fun with friends and guild-mates without the need to think about farming so I could get/stay competitive. It was more about the adventures and learning to be a better player based on the skills and resources I had available.

As this patch rolled out and representatives from ANet began to speak however it became clear that that kind of experience is a secondary concern for them.

My primary concerns now now that this will cause “dedicated” players to:

-Rely more heavily on illegal gold sellers because they can get to the end goal faster and cheaper than sanctioned routes

-Avoid lower level areas because it is a waste of time to play there to make money

-Develop farming/ tagging techniques that make higher level areas less enjoyable for others, not to annoy anyone, but because there is no other way to reliably make money

The concept of the dungeon, location, and lore expansions seems to be right in line with the game I bought in to and have spent money on monthly since launch. The fact that I will need better gear to even survive and/ or stay competitive does not.

http://orderofthegrey.com
Small, skilled, supportive: “The Way Is Clear.”

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: supergica.8652

supergica.8652

Nonsense… You do realize that there already is something in this game to make you stand out? You might of heard about these so called legendaries ? I think that far outclasses your petty CoE armor. And it takes far more effort then anything in the game at the moment.

If you want to stand out easily, buy gold and get T3 armor or something, if the kitten is the sole reason to play this game.

Edit: by kitten i mean that virtual thing some people need to stroke from time to time to feel superior to others

(edited by supergica.8652)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I’m a bit old to rage-quit, but I haven’t played since they announced the introduction of ascended gear. And that’s not because I wanted to boycott them or anything, it’s just I don’t have the same drive to log on and play.

This fiasco has demotivated me completely. Instead of being excited for the new content (which I was before I read of the brand new threadmill) I’m looking at the GW2 icon but I don’t really feel any will to double-click it.

i was like you, unless you have friends here just do yourself this question:

“how many great games are out there?”

I wasscared to play a mmorpg again, but i was promised this time it would be different…

This is possibly my last mmorpg ever…..i fell for it because it was well played…it won t happen again…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Urxx.6840

I’d like to congratulate this one forum thread for going over 100,000 views.

That’s more than the population of SWTOR.

Yet they decided to introduce ascended gear, based of who knows which feedback on the “Legendary Wall” issue, and THIS feedback, which is unprecedented in scope in the short GW2 history, in being completely ignored by them.

Good job.

Posted by: Nerth.3940

Nerth.3940

A very interesting quote on Guild Wars Wiki

I’m sure you saw that again in my most recent blog post. This industry just needs to move on. We’ve seen a bunch of “WoW 2.0” attempts, and who actually wants that? Do we really want to be playing those same game mechanics for another 5 or 10 years? —Mike O’Brien 20:22, 11 August 2010 (UTC)

We don’t Mike but I guess you’ve changed your mind.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I see another potential problem here. If this turns out to be very bad, how can you trust any MMO company from now on? Tons of people including me moved to this game with promise it won’t be like wow and now it turns out it is?

I can see why many people won’t be playing MMO-s after this… not even sure about myself. I always thought if I can’t put my trust in Anet, can’t put trust in any other company.

P.S I never played wow but i did play GW1 and Aion after that..

Posted by: fled.4691

fled.4691

In Economics, late comers (GW2) are very often not able to compete with established fist generation industries (WoW). Quite honestly I admire Anet wanting to take the fight to Stormwind, but the smart money was on all of us ex-WoW players who been there, done that, have jobs and families who are no longer able (or interested) to keep up with the 14 or 15 tiers of gear required to raid currently.

In economics that’s called diversification…where if you are one of the few, or the only company who has diverged into a niche (horizontal progression), you will make money hand over fist, even if you don’t have the subscription numbers of Blizzard. Why? because you are not competing for the same audience.

Its actually pretty depressing watching all of this happen 2 weeks after I decided to make the switch and cancel WoW, TSW and SWTOR.

Posted by: DragonTwin.8156

DragonTwin.8156

And you do know that arena will keep on updating this game. There probably will be a time when players can lvl up again after lvl 80 and then there will also probably be new gear for those lvls. At that time all the lvl 80 gear people farmed now has become useless.

The way you state it, is that that person has nothing left to do anymore. So with these new dungeons and new gear comming along the way they have a lot of new things to do and they can always transmute their gear so they still have the appearances of the gear they worked so hard for. That way they can keep showing off.

I don’t see any harm in this.

Posted by: Jimaruto.5389

Jimaruto.5389

Nonsense… You do realize that there already is something in this game to make you stand out? You might of heard about these so called legendaries ? I think that far outclasses your petty CoE armor. And it takes far more effort then anything in the game at the moment.

If you want to stand out easily, buy gold and get T3 armor or something, if the kitten is the sole reason to play this game.

Edit: by kitten i mean that virtual thing some people need to stroke from time to time to feel superior to others

There is no “legendary” armor.

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

Um, I farmed some CoE exotics. I did it because I liked the looks. I already had full exotics when I went in there. If the CoE exotics still look better than Ascended items I’ll transmute the looks onto the Ascended items.

So as one of the players you describe, no, I don’t think my efforts in getting CoE exotics were a waste at all.

Urxx.6840

I’m sure you saw that again in my most recent blog post. This industry just needs to move on. We’ve seen a bunch of “WoW 2.0” attempts, and who actually wants that? Do we really want to be playing those same game mechanics for another 5 or 10 years? —Mike O’Brien 20:22, 11 August 2010 (UTC)

There’s one thing that really annoys me about all this. In my mind I can’t really picture Mike O’Brien, which is a very clever person, authorizing such an idiotic idea, after he literally put his face in the MMO manifesto.

So the only explanation that seems believable is the fact Nexon creeped into NCSoft and now they are forcing ANet into their business model. I had dismissed this as a conspiracy theory, but ANet’s silence over this issue is making it look more and more real.

If that’s how things are, we won’t get any feedback and they will just steamroll over us.

Posted by: Nokivaris.3097

Nokivaris.3097

We found out about this new armour and we also found out that it only helps in the new dungeon… specifically it combats the new agony condition.

Heaven forbid they keep releasing new content for people to work towards us players just love to grind for armour to just stop playing the game so non grinders can all gawk at us.

In this case people will only use these new items for this dungeon as regular runes dont work with them meaning they wont massively if at all overpower current gear

Posted by: Principe I.1492

Principe I.1492

for me it’s time to uninstall GW2

well done ArenaNet, and..
never goodbye!

Posted by: Lothair.8942

Lothair.8942

In Economics, late comers (GW2) are very often not able to compete with established fist generation industries (WoW). Quite honestly I admire Anet wanting to take the fight to Stormwind, but the smart money was on all of us ex-WoW players who been there, done that, have jobs and families who are no longer able (or interested) to keep up with the 14 or 15 tiers of gear required to raid currently.

In economics that’s called diversification…where if you are one of the few, or the only company who has diverged into a niche (horizontal progression), you will make money hand over fist, even if you don’t have the subscription numbers of Blizzard. Why? because you are not competing for the same audience.

Its actually pretty depressing watching all of this happen 2 weeks after I decided to make the switch and cancel WoW, TSW and SWTOR.

Exactly! You hit how I feel completely. I played WOW competitively for years & years – grinding out the latest gear and making sure I stayed at the top until the day I said, WTF am I doing, this is NOT fun – I haven’t touched it since. I am absolutely sickened by these changes – they are against everything I believed this game & company were about.

Posted by: Jairyn.6913

Jairyn.6913

Angry, but too addicted to quit? I think it’s pretty simple: don’t do fractals. Don’t grind gear.

Show them what a waste of time this is.

Even Blizzard realized it was a mistake when only 5% of players were doing Nax1.0/Sunwell.

(edited by Jairyn.6913)

Posted by: supergica.8652

supergica.8652

That’s not the point, maybe the Ascended armor will be considered legendary, who knows? The point is that the OP is revolted that something in this game is more rare/valuable/harder to get/better looking then some armor he farmed for. Should Anet stop providing new content because he farmed for something and therefore nothing should be superior? If this is not entitlement i don’t know what is…

Urxx.6840

Angry, but to addicted to quit? I think it’s pretty simple: don’t do fractals. Don’t grind gear.

Show them what a waste of time this is.

Even Blizzard realized it was a mistake when only 5% of players were doing Nax1.0/Sunwell.

I don’t plan on boycotting them in any way. Boycotting a company still takes an effort, and if they don’t retract this they don’t deserve any effort, even to boycott them or part of the content.

I will just play until my wish to log on will naturally dry out (and from how I feel right now it won’t take long) and then will take advantage of the European Law and ask for a full refund because the service characteristics are now conflicting with what they previously advertised.

Posted by: Jobe.6721

Jobe.6721

The thing that upsets me the most is that GW2 with its uninspiring combat, boring grind to level cap and so many other things imo that are really sub par compared to other MMOs the one thing that made it all good was competitive nature of max gear is easy to obtain so its skill vs skill not gear vs gear.
Having a gear treadmill and power creep just literally destroys the very few good things this game had going for it, and imo this is a one of the core aspects of the game getting discarded..
So really why would I play this game over a game that has gear progression and does it way better and other aspects of the game are better overall?
Its not that no sub even had an impact for me about the game as I spend around $20 a month on gems as if I was paying a sub because i wanted the game to make money and succeed.
Now that this has gone live there is no reason to play this game over any of the other games, in fact I think I’m going back to EVE which i never fully stopped playing anyway and SWTOR to finish the class stories and tool around till something else like EQ next (sandbox) or ESO comes out.. I mean i can get forum modded, ignored by devs and watch them make a mockery of a great franchise over there, but I get a lightsaber which is way cooler than anything weapon here.. :P
Sorry A-net everything you had going for you died in this patch.. better luck next time!

(edited by Jobe.6721)

Posted by: Lothair.8942

Lothair.8942

There’s one thing that really annoys me about all this. In my mind I can’t really picture Mike O’Brien, which is a very clever person, authorizing such an idiotic idea, after he literally put his face in the MMO manifesto.

So the only explanation that seems believable is the fact Nexon creeped into NCSoft and now they are forcing ANet into their business model. I had dismissed this as a conspiracy theory, but ANet’s silence over this issue is making it look more and more real.

If that’s how things are, we won’t get any feedback and they will just steamroll over us.

At the end of the day, it’s the things you say & do that define you. The lack of any meaningful response or communication with the community is what irks me. The rhetoric and misleading information may pull the wool over the eyes of the casual gamer, but for the vocal “minority” (which is growing daily) it’s not working in the least bit.

Regardless of the reasons behind the changes to the game theory, talk to us about it – tell us why you’ve decided to go back on promises and statements you made while designing this game. Communicate with your player base, the ones that are looking for some answers.

Posted by: Siebenstein.1376

Siebenstein.1376

Same here. I took 2 days off (for some private reasons, nothing to do with the game or the patch), and I just can’t get myself to log on and play. Instead I started cleaning my apartment. Being more motivatet to clean than to play – never thought that would happen.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: Shaula.6940

Shaula.6940

At the end of the day, it’s the things you say & do that define you. The lack of any meaningful response or communication with the community is what irks me. The rhetoric and misleading information may pull the wool over the eyes of the casual gamer, but for the vocal “minority” (which is growing daily) it’s not working in the least bit.

Regardless of the reasons behind the changes to the game theory, talk to us about it – tell us why you’ve decided to go back on promises and statements you made while designing this game. Communicate with your player base, the ones that are looking for some answers.

That’s exactly what pisses me off…
no comunication, no clarity

I remember a speech of Regina i think, in which she was saying how important is to manage the community, to speak with them, to let them know they’re important.
right now i don’t see anything of this

Posted by: Euthil.5209

Euthil.5209

Until the introduction of this patch, GW2 had the potential to become the premiere MMORPG with horizontal progression, just as WoW is currently the premiere MMORPG with vertical progression. Unfortunately, as shown by this thread, the damage has been done. I sincerely hope the developers would come to their senses and revert to their original philosophy before it’s too late.

Izzy may think all progressions are important to GW2, but as said before..

“The man who chases two rabbits, catches neither.”

(edited by Euthil.5209)

Posted by: treborag.3174

treborag.3174

I have no issue with this change as it relates to PvE/Dungeons. This is not for me, but it works for the majority of MMO’ers if WoW is any indication.

However, I do not believe that gear progression has any place in PvP or WvW. These parts of the game should be tests of organization, strategy, and skills against others. Not a test of how many hours we have available to play or the patience one has to mindlessly kill the same mobs over and over for gear.

Personally, I chose this game for WvW and based on the premise that WvW would be gear neutral. I feel sucker punched now that Anet has deemed to increase the gear deficit between players like myself and those with more time to play.

Also, my past gaming experience indicates that when you make a game which has the foundational premise of WvW, making a change that leads WvW’ers leave the WvW world to go PVE for gear is not a good idea. <— See DAOC TOA for this lesson

In anticipation of those who say leveling is easy, getting gear is easy. Maybe it is for those with more play time. But on 6-10 hours of play a week, it is not. I have only now made level 80 and am still sporting a combination of blue/green/yellowkarma gear. All I want to do now is to start playing WvW in earnest. Not PvE for gear.

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

This about sums it up.

Attachments:

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Well, the new content has begun, which means I’m done with GW2. You won’t be seeing me playing this weekend.

I spent a lot of time and effort getting exotic sets organized, with the belief that they’d stay relevant for the lifetime of the game.

I thought that if I had to take a break from the game for awhile (my job sends me on the road rather often) I’d be able to pick up where I left off.

Now, this week I find that ArenaNet has surprised us with tier gear and gating mechanisms. I’ll come back and find that my gear is outdated, and I’m not eligible for the same dungeon difficulty levels that everyone else is.

I find that they spin and dodge when asked about these things. Their blog posts leave more questions than answers. But mostly, they say nothing.

Clearly this game isn’t for players like me anymore; some new audience instead.

As a longtime fan who played Guild Wars for thousands of hours over the course of many years, I’m about as crushed as a person can be over a video game.

Goodbye, and good luck, ArenaNet. I’m probably not the only one who can’t bring myself to log in anymore…

Posted by: Shayde.2564

Shayde.2564

Lets start with one very basic thing:
If you want to fight WoW on it’s ground, you better amp your customer satisfaction.

GW2 has no
- in-game support
- account restoration nor plans for acceptable system (rollback only, no ETA)
- no reimbursement system even for colossal player losses caused by game bugs
- no dungeonfinder
- good dungeon mechanic

Add to that:
- No raids; while we’re at it we might as well add them.
- No working dungeons; I’ve hit the “can’t finish due to bug” wall once too often.
- No class-balance; my warrior does at least 1.5x the damage of a ranger.

You forgot mounts and more emotes.

Urxx.6840

Also the vocal “minority” has been read over 100,000 times.

As someone else pointed out, that’s more than the whole population of most MMOs. Even if they aren’t unique hits, this thread is still quite representative of the whole communinty from a statistical point of view. The fact they are ignoring such monumental feedback is mind-boggling.

It shows they don’t know what to say. They don’t want to confront us and admit they were wrong in the way they tried to introduce progression. They don’t want to admit that they settled for the cheapest form of progression instead of being creative, while in the past they had pretty brilliant ideas.

Urxx.6840

I have no issue with this change as it relates to PvE/Dungeons. This is not for me, but it works for the majority of MMO’ers if WoW is any indication.

So far it worked only for WoW. All the other MMOs that tried to emulate WoW lost to the Emperor of Threadmill and went free-to-play pretty quick.

Posted by: Jobe.6721

Jobe.6721

After reading so many posts in this thread the thing that is starting to bother me the most is the fact that there have been so few games we have all played with so many like minded people that in this game despite its flaws the community made up for it.
Its sad to see such a laid back community get turned into gear score, gated content gear grinders.
Once you start down this path and dividing the community on core issues the poison begins.

(edited by Jobe.6721)

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

If a thread with 190 pages of responses is dismissed and seen as the voice of the vocal minority.. then why have a forum as a mean of receiving feedback at all ?

(edited by Andlat Helsonr.1284)

Posted by: Turkman.1089

Turkman.1089

Hello ArenaNet. Long time Guild Wars 1 fan and player here.

I played Guild Wars since release and admired the fact that there was never any power creep at all. Lots of added variety carried the game for 7 years. I have 9K hours logged in (crazy!). I’m in my mid 30-s and I have a lot of experience with games, even joining the industry 13 years ago as a hobby turned into a career. ArenaNet’s philosophy was pure gold; games would be about fun, players would be respected as human beings with real lives. Eliminating power-creep is core to those principals and it’s worth fighting for!

Ascended items are a betrayal; as unthinkable as a Guild Wars sword that did 15-23 or a 16^50 weapon bonus. If there’s going to be power-creep by design, then for heaven’s sake restrict it to the new endless dungeon.

I am not motivated by numbers. I play a game to have fun. End of story. Other games are competing for my time and for other players’ time, so when ArenaNet moves the goal posts on max stats in Guild Wars 2, the fun is damaged and people move on. For some of us, stat chasing and scraping maxed gear together is a barrier to fun. We want to get maxed and play for fun in WvW or by doing dynamic events or exploring or doing jumping puzzles or crafting or playing with crazy new dye combinations! There are so many ways to have fun that don’t involve chasing numbers, so please don’t ram this down our throats.

Level the power of Ascended and Legendary with Exotic. Keep the agony resistance for Ascended if you really want it, providing there’s no advantage outside the endless dungeon. But please, no stat advantages. You’re just wasting our time, and we hate it.

I absolutely support this!
If you feel that there is need for progression in PVE dungeons than do it just there. What I read out of the whole announcements I read is that you’re screwing the WvW community and the casual community (and these are the people that are paying your salaries with the vanity stuff you’re offering on the gem shop, I’d assume) by introducing something that only the most hardcore of the PVE-Dungeon players want.

Abaddon’s Mouth
Renth/Eirik
[DP] Diamond Pirates

Posted by: Cutterslaine.2689

Cutterslaine.2689

So far it worked only for WoW. All the other MMOs that tried to emulate WoW lost to the Emperor of Threadmill and went free-to-play pretty quick.

I’ve said it before but….I’d rather pay to play and get the game they promised us, than continue down this road.

Urxx.6840

I’ve said it before but….I’d rather pay to play and get the game they promised us, than continue down this road.

I’ve said that as well and therefore I agree completely: if this is where a gem store leads a game, then I’d rather pay a monthly fee and be done with u-turns.

Posted by: Shayde.2564

Shayde.2564

To me such a drastic change in game design is akin to them introducing a subscription fee. I’d rather have a great game with a subscription fee than another dime-a-dozen gear grind mmo.

Posted by: Libertine.1047

Libertine.1047

This is my very first post on these forums, take of it what you will. Just wanted to /sign the negative feedback in this topic.

I, too, find the talk about “an equipment gap” strange. As I see it, there was no gap – before this patch anyways. It’s strange that someone would fill an imaginary gap by making a real one, but now there is a stat gap between several eq tires. And will be even more of these stat gaps in the future thanks to the treadmill.

Conserning people “hitting the legendary wall”… At least I chose this game BECAUSE I thought that there would always be a fixed wall (statwise). Why not only add more content without the generic non-innovative treadmill? I absolutely loved how GW1 worked: about 8 hours (depending on the starting continent) to get to the max level, and then just enjoy the story and missions, exploring and getting neat looking armors (that do NOT affect gameplay).

I’m afraid that GW2 is going to be just another generic you-know-what. I bought this game because I don’t like generic mmos.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted by: Dulon.9347

Dulon.9347

I bought Halloween stuff, but not because i really needed the items.

I simply wanted to support the game.
I actually planned to spend some more after the patch.

After i heard about the ascended items that ceased to be a viable option for me.

I might just keep playing, but only because an active player who doesn’t buy gems
costs them more money than someone who quits completely.

That’s how much i disapprove.

Jairyn.6913

To me such a drastic change in game design is akin to them introducing a subscription fee. I’d rather have a great game with a subscription fee than another dime-a-dozen gear grind mmo.

Since I first heard about Gw2, I said I would be more than happy to pay a monthly fee for an MMO that realizes content, activity, community, and horizontal progression are all vastly more important than power creep, which is IMO, utter poison. Heck, I’d pay a “premium” sub, like $50. That’s what I started buying monthly in gems, just to show support, as certainly there’s nothing decent in the gem store. ANet will be losing my “monthly sub” over this, at least.

Posted by: Lheimroo.2947

Lheimroo.2947

One of my primary drives in an MMO is feeling like I’m an asset to the group that I’m playing with. With the addition of such a significant stat increase behind an arbitrary and seemingly large amount of required work.. I feel that I’m being held ransom to play the game X number of hours to feel like I’m fully contributing to my people.

It’s a kind of stress that drove me away from WoW and SWTOR and other MMOs, and one that I bought GW2 hoping never to experience.

Posted by: chronus.1326

chronus.1326

If a thread with 190 pages of responses is dismissed and seen as the voice of the vocal minority.. then why have a forum as a mean of receiving feedback at all ?

To have the illusion that they care.

Just like the live Q&A yesterday. 90% of posts ingored, 10% “answered” that have been answered before and which nobody cared about.

Jairyn.6913

To have the illusion that they care.

Just like the live Q&A yesterday. 90% of posts ingored, 10% “answered” that have been answered before and which nobody cared about.

Even my most delicately worded questions were deleted immediately. Ex: "Why was there only three days’ notice for such a seemingly controversial decision as infusions and ascended tier?

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

There is a new patch today. I should be excited, I should be desperate to get on and see what it’s about. But I’m not. I have become very apathetic about the game to the point where I’ll probably miss most of this event as I have little motivation to even log in right now. To say I’m gutted is an understatement.

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

That’s not the point, maybe the Ascended armor will be considered legendary, who knows? The point is that the OP is revolted that something in this game is more rare/valuable/harder to get/better looking then some armor he farmed for. Should Anet stop providing new content because he farmed for something and therefore nothing should be superior? If this is not entitlement i don’t know what is…

No, but perhaps cosmetic slots would resolve the OP’s issue. It works quite well in GW1, LotRO, Rift, etc.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Posted by: Booning.5476

Booning.5476

I am waiting for the first dev to jump ship and spill their guts all over the Internet. They must be watching each other like hawks

This kind of mess is not something you want on your cv and the quicker you get out and blame everyone else the better – so what’s the betting early next week or later?

Tick tock

Posted by: Kreaux.4609

Kreaux.4609

And so the gear treadmill begins…

GW2 as we knew it ends in 5.5 hours.

Posted by: Khados.8147

Khados.8147

This is exactly me too Urxx. What a shame they did this, completely demotivating.

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

One of my primary drives in an MMO is feeling like I’m an asset to the group that I’m playing with. With the addition of such a significant stat increase behind an arbitrary and seemingly large amount of required work.. I feel that I’m being held ransom to play the game X number of hours to feel like I’m fully contributing to my people.

It’s a kind of stress that drove me away from WoW and SWTOR and other MMOs, and one that I bought GW2 hoping never to experience.

/signed

Add to this the frustration when I, as the main tank of my guild, didn’t luck out on raid-drops for almost 2 months and was eventually downgraded to off-tank so we could tackle the next tier with the then-better-equipped former off-tank I helped equip as main. It was frustrating because it was the result of unfavourable RNG.

So, aside from the treadmill I hate, it was also the lack of RNG which sold me to GW2. Well, look what they introduced today!