Transmuted Names REDO

Transmuted Names REDO

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Yea, looks like a mess tbh, should be a bug, but who can be sure, right? I mean… you know what i mean.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Haha and here I thought I was the only one that got annoyed with it.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Haha and here I thought I was the only one that got annoyed with it.

I’m quite annoyed by it given to you pay so much for these “elite” skins.

The Sclerite GS skins is currently almost 100g
Severed Dagger ~53g
Genesis 53g
Final Rest 8g
Emberspire 6g
Zhaitan’s Reach 4.5g
Malefacterym 5g
Primeval armor skin 500gems (47.5g at today’s conversion rate).

The armor, Sclerite GS, Emberspire and the Severed Dagger are the only things I noticed were affected, but it’s enough to be extremely irritating.

It’s not limited to the high end though. It goes the other way. On my Asura necro, I find nearly all headgear looks stupid, so I transmuted my Jatoro’s Mask (Seer’s Mask skin I think) in to this cheap winged headpiece, that was only a 2 or 3 silver when I bought it (About 25s now). I’ve gotten many complements on my look and people have asked what it was only to be shocked to find out it’s this cheap-kitten blue item skin. Now it says Jatoro’s Mask, which is completely wrong. It should say “Dire Winged Headpiece of the Undead”.

How it is now is just not accurate, which I think annoys me more than anything.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

2nd HOTFIX so far, this “Bug” not yet redone :/

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

This is why they should have a public test realm. Pure lunacy.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Sithis.3564

Sithis.3564

I wish we could get a response here.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

Solution: While transmuting we should be allowed to pick the following:

Name
Stats
Skin
Upgrade item

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I prefer the way it use to be as well. (skin name being main name of the item)
If it’s not possible for the skin name to be the main name of the item, a nice compromise, at least for me, would be to have the color of the skin name below the transmuted line be change to match the rarity of the item.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Transmuted Names REDO

Einlanzer.1627

I prefer the way it use to be as well. (skin name being main name of the item)
If it’s not possible for the skin name to be the main name of the item, a nice compromise, at least for me, would be to have the color of the skin name below the transmuted line be change to match the rarity of the item.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible, and, frankly, it’s not something I’m willing to make a compromise on. It makes zero sense for the name of a piece of gear to stay as the base item instead of acquiring the current skin’s name.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Unfortunately, not enough people are making fuss about it, so in case this isn’t a bug, and looks like it isn’t, nothing will be changed. Unless enough people will stay persistent and will keep bringing up this topic up, again and again, over time. Then maybe, some day… in next century, perhaps. It’s same as it was/is with FotM and dredge fractal in particular, used to be completely ignored by devs.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

It is beyond annoying to have your Wings of Dwayna changed to Beserkers bow etc etc.. And totally lacks common sense. Can you please change the way items are named after transmutation to the skin you are changing them to!

Transmuted Names REDO

Einlanzer.1627

Yeah, the fact that this change went through to begin with makes me fear it’s a permanent change considering how poor Anet is at responding to feedback. It’s really time or me to check out and find another game.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Welgaia.7523

Welgaia.7523

…and another hotfix where it still goes unfixed… ANet’s silence on this “minor” issue, whether it is intended or a bug, is worrisome.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I like posting my mighty bandit bugle and having the skin and icon be Howler!

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

It’s funny cause the names that you see (aside from the bugged ones and they’re obvious) are the actual skin names. There’s like 30 different names for Iron Sword, exact same skin but each karma vendor has it’s own name for it. Same with armors. Get used to it, if your preferred skin name isn’t in the wardrobe name list, you’re going to get what the wardrobe says it’s called.

Maybe I’m interpreting your post wrongly. We’re bothered by the items we transmuted to get the name and look of an item, with the stats of another. With the patch, it takes the base stats item name, and the look of the other.

For instance, Wings of Dwayna. The default stats are:
+179 Healing Power
+128 Power
+128 Toughness
Superior Sigil of Life

Not [many] people are going to use that stat setup, so some may transmute to a berserker weapon for instance. Before the patch (this is my case-not generalizing), it was called Wings of Dwayna with the stats of a Molten Longbow. Now, it’s called Molten Longbow, with the look of Wings of Dwayna. It’s pretty much the same thing, in a technical sense. But the name is something we want to be able to choose. We basically want to flip the name of the item, and the one after the Transmuted line.

Bingo! (I had the same experience with Mad King’s Memoirs)

Mad King’s Memoirs, forget which is which by name, but the flaming one also lost it’s note.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Hey guys, I managed to get an answer from another forum:

Hi Lishtenbird,

Yes, this isn’t the correct forum. But I went ahead and inquired internally here to someone who might know. In short, this can be considered a bug, but one that is not easy or fast to fix. There is a desire to address this along with some other improvements to the tool tips of transmuted items. But there is no ETA for this.

So in other words, this will likely be fixed once devs are done with game-breaking bugs like non-resetting daily resets, crashing PvP arenas, bugged world bosses and broken iWarden.

20 level 80s and counting.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Hey guys, I managed to get an answer from another forum:

Hi Lishtenbird,

Yes, this isn’t the correct forum. But I went ahead and inquired internally here to someone who might know. In short, this can be considered a bug, but one that is not easy or fast to fix. There is a desire to address this along with some other improvements to the tool tips of transmuted items. But there is no ETA for this.

So in other words, this will likely be fixed once devs are done with game-breaking bugs like non-resetting daily resets, crashing PvP arenas, bugged world bosses and broken iWarden.

Whilst it’s not the most gamebreaking of bugs, it’s good to hear it will be addressed at some point. Thanks for posting your response, Lishtenbird!

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Tsunami.4751

Tsunami.4751

yeah guys this gotta be changed soon, like real soon

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

This is horrible, my beautiful Genesis is now “Royal ascalonian hammer”….

Lishtenbird, can we please get a link to this commen?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

(edited by SrebX.6498)

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird, can we please get a link to this commen?

You can get the link to the comment by clicking the bold author name in the quote here:

Hi Lishtenbird,

…which is neither underlined nor coloured so not many people can guess that it’s even clickable.

However I should note that since that forum is the wrong forum, I would advise not to abuse the good will of Stefan by asking him any other questions regarding this problem.

20 level 80s and counting.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: NIGHTHUNTER.5139

NIGHTHUNTER.5139

I’m totally with the TO on this….

Transmuted items should have the name of the transmuted skin, not the item they are transmuted on.

To make clear that an item is NOT original, you could consider changing the description of that transmuted item, e.g. if you have Incinerator’s skin on Zojja’s Razor it should perhaps look like that:
| Weapon Strength: 970 – 1,030 (Fire)
| +94 Power
| +67 Precision
| +67 Ferocity
|
| [Sigil]
|
| [Infusion]
|
| Transmuted on: <——————— !!!!!
| Zojja’s Razor <————————— !!!!!
|
| Ascended
| Dagger
|_________________________________

In this case you could still identify this item as a transmuted Zojja’s Razor and see the correct itemname (according to it’s skin).

we’re the rebelz of the night – watch your back!

(edited by NIGHTHUNTER.5139)

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Name.9625

Name.9625

I support the point of OP

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

I support this so much.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Sigh of relief that the devs are aware of this. It may not be fixed any time soon, but good to know that it wasn’t intended.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Transmuted Names REDO

Einlanzer.1627

There are actually a couple of people in that thread defending the new system, which is infuriating because it makes absolutely zero sense. Hopefully the dissenting voices get louder and this gets addressed soon.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

MASSIVE +1.
It’s super annoying having my pretty Heritage Gear be called weird things…

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I want the current system to stay. Your equipment still accurately lists what it is and it even makes lore sense that the new item is just transmuted to look like another item, it’s not actually that other item.

A level 3 blue sword is currently recognised as that sword, regardless of what you transmute on top of it. The game still lists the transmutation for you or anyone that wants to know what appearance it has.

I really like that the true name of an item is used (it’s worth noting that the current system still lists the transmutation used), it’s like recording the history of my equipment and what I did to earn it. This will be nice for players that purchased weapons or armour with dungeon tokens as opposed to those who use the more easily obtained crafted ones. It’s also nice for player that have legitimate high-end skins as opposed to four or more transmuted ones across their account.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They should put two names for items with unique skins or transmuted with unique skins.

A big one, and a small one under it, like a subtitle.

The big one would appear at the top of the description, and it would be the one used for chat links.
The small subtitle would appear only in the item’s description.

The subtitle would have always a standardized text (rarity, stats, original skin, item type, upgrades).

For example, a just crafted Juggernaut would look like this:
The Juggernaut
Legendary Variable The Juggenaut of Sanctuary
“Variable” would be replaced with the stats as they are changed.

Transmute the Juggernaut skin to a rare verdant hammer with berserker stats and give it Force and Accuracy sigils, and the item’s name and subtitle would read:

The Juggernaut
Rare Berserker Verdant Hammer of Force and Accuracy

This would work even with trinkets.
Prayer to Otter
Ascended Cleric Pendant of the Cleric (5 Agony Resistance)

Subtitles are the way to go for item names!

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Transmuted Names REDO

Einlanzer.1627

I want the current system to stay. Your equipment still accurately lists what it is and it even makes lore sense that the new item is just transmuted to look like another item, it’s not actually that other item.

A level 3 blue sword is currently recognised as that sword, regardless of what you transmute on top of it. The game still lists the transmutation for you or anyone that wants to know what appearance it has.

I really like that the true name of an item is used (it’s worth noting that the current system still lists the transmutation used), it’s like recording the history of my equipment and what I did to earn it. This will be nice for players that purchased weapons or armour with dungeon tokens as opposed to those who use the more easily obtained crafted ones. It’s also nice for player that have legitimate high-end skins as opposed to four or more transmuted ones across their account.

No, it makes a lot less “lore sense” for an item that looks like a Nightmare Greatsword to be called “Pearl Greatsword” because you changed the skin. Transmutation is a meta thing, it isn’t a lore thing.

Don’t forget a lot of items don’t even exist as a base type and only exist as a skin. So, basically, when I apply my Zenith Greatsword skin to my Krytan Greatsword, it’ll still be called Krytan Greatsword. No, thanks, and that’s why you’re the only person who thinks the new system is fine.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

There’s a dev post somewhere that indicates they’re aware of the issue – but have no ETA on a fix.

Transmuted Names REDO

Einlanzer.1627

There’s a dev post somewhere that indicates they’re aware of the issue – but have no ETA on a fix.

Yeah it’s on the API board. I hope it’s sooner rather than later, but if history is any indication…..

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Laurent.8930

Laurent.8930

A huge loss for me with this patch is the ability to transmute your trinkets, rings, and amulets to change their name. If we’re in the business of giving us that option back to weapons, why not give us the option to spend charges on accessories too?
I want my ascended skritt-themed accessories back!

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Imho the system is working exactly as its supposed to. Its what makes sure that there is a clear differentiation between people that actually have multiple high-valued weapons from just applying a skin to a level 1 vendor weapon. If I use my Mjölnir skin on a cheap weapon its not Mjölnir, its a cheap knockout made in Cantha and distributed the same way Fiery Dragons swords are distributed in GW2 as cheap knockouts of Sohothin

Transmuted Names REDO

Einlanzer.1627

Imho the system is working exactly as its supposed to. Its what makes sure that there is a clear differentiation between people that actually have multiple high-valued weapons from just applying a skin to a level 1 vendor weapon. If I use my Mjölnir skin on a cheap weapon its not Mjölnir, its a cheap knockout made in Cantha and distributed the same way Fiery Dragons swords are distributed in GW2 as cheap knockouts of Sohothin

Nobody cares about that, especially since you can’t even see the names of other peoples’ gear.

A much bigger problem is that names are all mismatched with visuals now, and skins that you’ve transmuted on top of lame sounding gear to get certain stats now have the name of the lame piece of gear instead of the cool skin. It’s also more confusing since there’s an intuitive connection between the name and the looks but not between the name and the stats. This naturally results in cognitive dissonance for anyone who pays attention to such things.

I honestly think anybody that’s defending this (a small minority) just isn’t thinking straight about it. The name should very, very obviously be based on the skin with only a subordinate reference to the original item (the opposite of how it displays now).

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Do not forget that items in vendors will show the original icon.

People may accidentally sell items they do not want to sell, as they’ll appear as the original weapon with the original icon in a vendor.

Just try it with a zenith skin and a fine weapon off the trading post.

Vendors should show the item’s skin icon, not the base item’s icon.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Name.9625

Name.9625

I can see why this new system may make sense to some people, but let´s be honest: Hpw annoying is it, that you have to preview every piece of gear linked in the chat? Only because the name of the item in the chat doesn´t match the appearance.
This is basically a QoL thread, that confuses a lot of people, me included, and i still think the old system was better in that way

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Sithis.3564

Sithis.3564

No it doesn’t work how it suppose to. You’re saying it’s not fair for the people who have multiple high-valued weapons but how is it fair for those that crafted ascended gear but they dislike their default skins?

Mjölnir goes for 1666g on TP. What if a person who crafted/bought it and loves it’s skin, has no use for it’s stats (pvc)? Maybe someone would like a “zerker” Mjölnir or upgrade it to ascended lvl? That someone is going to end up with some stupid combination like Pearl Crusher or Hammer of the Dragon’s Deep. Does a Hammer of the Dragon’s Deep look like Mjölnir?

No..

Not to mention that there are skins bought only with Gems. With this system as it is now, there will never be a Tormented wepon, only the skin.

Transmuted Names REDO

RoyalPredator.9163

@ NIGHTHUNTER.5139’s “concept”:
Brilliant. I’ve forgot to add this one in the opening post
Ty! This way we have the Skin’s name which is important, and people can know what they need to craft if they want the stats!

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i want my heritage armor back.

when can it be done?

Transmuted Names REDO

RoyalPredator.9163

“When it’s Ready”

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Zangster.3174

Zangster.3174

I have to agree 1000%. In my case, I paid a lot of gold for the greatsword Belladonna. Because I transmuted it into an ascended weapon with stats worthy of the name, now it is no longer Belladonna. I hope they fix this soon, this new system makes zero sense whatsoever.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

My beautiful Magmaton has been renamed something like Pearl Crusher of Bloodlust. I want my Magmaton back!

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Iam not going to read the tread
I am just going to say can we please have the actual skin names applied to our stuff?

Gunnar’s Hold

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

I have to agree 1000%. In my case, I paid a lot of gold for the greatsword Belladonna. Because I transmuted it into an ascended weapon with stats worthy of the name, now it is no longer Belladonna. I hope they fix this soon, this new system makes zero sense whatsoever.

So what you saying is that if you apply the Belladona skin to a weapon with completely different stats and rarity category from the original Belladona the resulting weapon should still bear the name of the original? In other words you are saying that its perfectly fine to call an ascended weapon with full berserker’s stats the same as the original exotic weapon which has condition damage as it’s primary attribute? How can that make sense to anyone?

When I see a uniquely named weapon like Belladona or Mjölnir I want to be absolutely sure that it’s attributes are actually the same as advertised by default. I don’t want to deal with who knows how many stat combinations hidden behind a common skin for a weapon which is potentially not even in the same rarity category.

I personally hope ANet sticks to the current system because I think that a week or two from now everyone will forget about their renamed weapons and realize that having a clear distinction between a real weapon and a knockoff is important in terms of reducing complexity.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I and I’m sure the vast majority of players disagree with the previous comment.

I agree. I mean really, what does it matter to others what the stats are to a uniquely named weapon. I want my weapon’s name to be the skin I worked hard to get. I want the flavor text for event items to come with that name. And if somebody is asking what my weapon/armor is it is 99% of the time so they know what skin I’m wearing.

If the people are worried about the “ping your stats” issue, there shouldn’t be an issue as the ping that would come with it comes with the stats clearly marked..

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Transmuted Names REDO

Einlanzer.1627

So what you saying is that if you apply the Belladona skin to a weapon with completely different stats and rarity category from the original Belladona the resulting weapon should still bear the name of the original? In other words you are saying that its perfectly fine to call an ascended weapon with full berserker’s stats the same as the original exotic weapon which has condition damage as it’s primary attribute? How can that make sense to anyone?

When I see a uniquely named weapon like Belladona or Mjölnir I want to be absolutely sure that it’s attributes are actually the same as advertised by default. I don’t want to deal with who knows how many stat combinations hidden behind a common skin for a weapon which is potentially not even in the same rarity category.

I personally hope ANet sticks to the current system because I think that a week or two from now everyone will forget about their renamed weapons and realize that having a clear distinction between a real weapon and a knockoff is important in terms of reducing complexity.

The convention for item names is that they are based on the looks of the piece, not on the stats. The stat indicator (i.e. “Berserker”) is distinct from the skin name (i.e. “Peacemaker”). If I have a Peacemaker Greatsword, and I want to keep the stats but give it the Nightmare skin, having it still be called the Peacemaker Greatsword while looking like a Nightmare Greatsword is altogether stupid.

This is why your argument makes no sense and why almost everyone thinks the new ‘system’ is dumb.

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I agree with the OP, its just another fail part of this patch.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Naming-Convention-for-Transmuted-items/first#post3918393

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Skins-being-renamed-Ascended/first#post3911949

Completely agree. So much so that ive written in two other similar threads (feel free to merge!). Items should be named by how they look, not what they started life as. Couple with that my rifle is not skinned with the Seraph Rifle, its the Potent Avenger. Was so annoyed when I realised something ive had since one day after launch had been effectively destroyed (as a trophy).

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Transmuted Names REDO

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

“What’s in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.”

Transmuted Names REDO

Einlanzer.1627

“What’s in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.”

Irrelevant, Bill. GW2 items don’t have a smell.