Tribal armor set

Tribal armor set

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tyler.2569

tyler.2569

Been waiting so long for a response on this.
This is good news! One day my necro will finally get his set.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

How many more threads do people need to make about this? There are plenty already.

Maybe there are a lot of posts to this topic but more or less is just a discussion about if someone is missing this set or not. ;-)

I would like to know something new, or support other players who want the set back into the game.

My ele is very happy about 99.99% of the playerbase not being able to copy his look.

I’m able to…but I don’t think I’d want to, hehe

Tribal armor set

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

Yaaaay! I want the Apostle armor so bad

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

This gif = 99.99% of the playerbase
The last guy of the gif = 00.01% of the playerbase (a.k.a. Malediktus)

I jest, but seriously, I absolutely can’t wait to get my hands on that tribal armor!

(edited by Seabreeze.8437)

Tribal armor set

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I just want them tribal shoulders for me human female necromancer.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

a straight dev answer? Who are you and what have you done to a-net?!

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Thank you so much for the response, Joey. It’s great to hear that the highly-requested tribal armor will be making a return—hopefully it will be very soon! I’m now eagerly awaiting the chance to obtain this and all the other PvP sets!

I hope it will be harder than completing trivial PvP tracks we have now.

Dude, reward tracks would be absolutely fine. You already have the set, as you’ve repeatedly stated (rolls eyes), so how will it’s method of acquisition affect you in any way, shape, or form?

I dont want people to get stuff with less effort than I had to go through.

Ok, ok, but if these pieces were available through Achievement Chests, that’s pretty much a moot point.

As far as a track reward goes, that would make it a solid month of PvP play to get the whole set. I don’t count that as minimal effort.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

The Tribal armor set and other armor sets that were sPvP-exclusive will be obtainable again at some point in the future. There is no ETA as to when this will happen.

Excellent, thank you for the reply and clarification. Hopefully we’ll be able to obtain them through non-PvP means as I’ve been wanting it since launch (beta allowed the armor in PvE). Appreciate the response.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Tribal armor set

Seabreeze.8437

Excellent, thank you for the reply and clarification. Hopefully we’ll be able to obtain them through non-PvP means as I’ve been wanting it since launch (beta allowed the armor in PvE). Appreciate the response.

It was obtainable through a karma vendor in beta, correct?

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Praise Dwayna! All I need to know is that at SOME point my character will have the perfect shoulderpiece. Until then my characters shoulders will be bare with anticipation.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The Tribal armor set and other armor sets that were sPvP-exclusive will be obtainable again at some point in the future. There is no ETA as to when this will happen.

I’ll believe it when it actually happens, because that’s almost word-for-word what a dev said 9 months ago too.

Tribal armor set

Seabreeze.8437

I’ll believe it when it actually happens, because that’s almost word-for-word what a dev said 9 months ago too.

Yikes. Well, I hope it comes back much sooner rather than later.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

Will you also bring back/introduce the PvP exclusive weapons?

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

Tribal armor set

Posted by: gosferano.8614

gosferano.8614

As far as a track reward goes, that would make it a solid month of PvP play to get the whole set. I don’t count that as minimal effort.

Two weeks max if player is dedicated to sPvP. I’m usually finishing a reward track in 3-4 days and I play WvW/PvE too.

l80 Asuran Thief – Universal assassin l80 Charr (?!) Necro – Deadly melee ranger
l80 Human Engineer – Expert of explosions l80 Sylvari Mesmer – Phantasmal Assassin

Tribal armor set

Seabreeze.8437

Two weeks max if player is dedicated to sPvP. I’m usually finishing a reward track in 3-4 days and I play WvW/PvE too.

Even though I’m not big on PvP, I’ll do whatever it takes to get that Tribal Armor. And honestly, I’d also go for the other sets like the Stalwart set after I’m through with that one.

That is, of course, if they implement it as a reward track. Anet hasn’t said specifically, but it’s probably the most likely scenario. I’m just all too eager to see it back, period.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Thanks, I’m pretty sure that in game mail doves are more wanted than this armour. So you got the priorities just right.

Tribal armor set

Seabreeze.8437

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here’s hoping we’ll see our favorite PvP armor sets return in 2015 sooner rather than later!

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

Should have gotten it when it was out! Was a pain to forge so I hope they make it hard to get again. :P Happy Year year everyone.

Attachments:

Tribal armor set

Seabreeze.8437

Should have gotten it when it was out! Was a pain to forge so I hope they make it hard to get again. :P Happy Year year everyone.

While I can plainly see you trying to take a shot at those that don’t have it, at least you’re not rallying to never bring it back, so thanks for that much at least. :P

But like I said, as long as it comes back in any area of the game, I’ll do whatever it takes to get my hands on it, so BRING IT ON! >:)

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Don’t lie to yourself. I had gotten some of the pieces without even trying. If I knew Anet was gonna take 9+ months to put the set back in the game I would have finished getting the rest in less than 30 minutes.

… I still want tengu.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: gunthor.2437

gunthor.2437

yeah spvp is full of rewards the new thought out system works well but the fact is making a armor skin absurdly hard to get from spvp old system and then making it impossible is poor business at its best if your customers enjoy something you did right like making a skin everyone wants to buy don’t remove it make it a gem store item

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

And by the way, Alastia Crow in the personal story wears it, so it’s still part of present content in a way.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

This set and a another set for mediums that has some parts in pvp, some pieces in personal story only, and other pieces not even available at all.

Marauder’s set its called. I really want that set in full. I think I only have the top and the mask.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

So… Any update on this?

Tribal armor set

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Still waiting… for 500 days or so…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My Necros wearing that armor. He looks all voodooie.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Tribal armor set

aspirine.6852

Not interested anymore, stick it where the sun dont shine.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Not interested anymore, stick it where the sun dont shine.

But the Sun shines where my Guardian sticks it.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Really really want this armor for my necro…also yay for necro threads!!!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I could only get chest and legs, but the piece I wanted was shoulders.

I hope they don’t add it as a gemstore sale or with some convoluted method.

I’d recommend to change the regional areas to give weapon skins on sections instead at the end, and give Karma armor skins and this one at the end instead.

Some karma armors with repeated skins also found in many other regions could have them replaced with this this one.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

When it does come back, please make it an armour (not an outfit), so we can mix and match! :-)

Tribal armor set

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

When it does come back, please make it an armour (not an outfit), so we can mix and match! :-)

It’s in game as different pieces and people that earned it use it as different pieces. I’ll be super kittened if they bring it back as an outfit. It’s not my fault they mislabeled the armor so we didn’t know for sure if we could unlock it in the first place (since it was originally called masquerade and the icon looked like masquerade).

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

Want to be able to get this set in pve

-Ironcurtain

Tribal armor set

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

It’s in game as different pieces and people that earned it use it as different pieces. I’ll be super kittened if they bring it back as an outfit. It’s not my fault they mislabeled the armor so we didn’t know for sure if we could unlock it in the first place (since it was originally called masquerade and the icon looked like masquerade).

It is in the light armor category in the wardrobe. I highly doubt it will return as an outfit.

I do hope we are able to acquire it soon though.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

Any dev have an update as to when we can obtain the tribal armor set?

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

We have no ETA ?

But it will be soon? After the beta’s and the launch of HoT, and it’s bugfixes, and LS S3?

It should arrive just in time to celebrate the introduction of DX 14 in GW3…

So: SOON…..

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Sorry, no update. It will come when it comes, but we’re not able to give a date at this point.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

My ele is very happy about 99.99% of the playerbase not being able to copy his look.

I hope they add it back purely in spite of people like you who think that excluding players from item acquisition is a good means of player retention.

How do you think I feel when the lock out skins like Braham’s weapons and such? It just feels like pointless exclusion of players and it stops people from giving Anet more money for it! It’s lose lose.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I hope they add it back purely in spite of people like you who think that excluding players from item acquisition is a good means of player retention.

How do you think I feel when the lock out skins like Braham’s weapons and such? It just feels like pointless exclusion of players and it stops people from giving Anet more money for it! It’s lose lose.

The living story skins aren’t “locked out”, they’ve gone back on sale multiple times since they originally debuted.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Sorry, no update. It will come when it comes, but we’re not able to give a date at this point.

oh shucks…its the only real armor that reminds me of the GW1 armor sets…do you think we will ever get tattos again? Thanks for the update though

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: dood.7526

dood.7526

Hey Gaile, is it a technical reason that makes it difficult to add this armor back in (and why?), or is it that all resources are going to HoTs right now?

I’m just genuinely curious.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Xaton.1902

Xaton.1902

think about ot HOTs has tribes perfect place to rebring in the armor sets even possibly more versions of tribal like armor heavy light medium versions of it and so on. and probly the old version and then a old version on steroids.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Loco.5739

Loco.5739

Maybe I am wrong but it looks like You don’t care about players who gently ask for it. Can You tell us why? We support Your game, buying games, buying new coppies. It’s not a big deal to contribute it giving us armor we all really want?

[SC]

Tribal armor set

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

So between now and never. Well nice that we’ve gotten official word either way.

Tribal armor set

aspirine.6852

Maybe I am wrong but it looks like You don’t care about players who gently ask for it. Can You tell us why? We support Your game, buying games, buying new coppies. It’s not a big deal to contribute it giving us armor we all really want?

Probably in HoT.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Shoockwave.3950

Shoockwave.3950

I would take right back to “Rox’s Quiver Backpack Cover” Please ArenaNet place this item again !!!!

| Yak’s Bend: Norn Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Guild: Ultimate Legion [UL] – Hardcore PvP PvE WvW.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

If it’s anything other than “yes to that thing you want”, you’re gonna be mad.

If they don’t say anything, you’re gonna be mad. And then you’re gonna get mad wondering why they don’t come out and say stuff too often.

You’re just gonna be mad.

As many as are gonna be mad, I believe many more of us also genuinely appreciate the effort and communication.

Thank you for the acknowledgment and giving us an update, even if it isn’t always “that thing you want is coming now!”

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I’m surprised the devs are aware it’s missing and doing nothing about it, to be honest. I thought they didn’t notice it wasn’t available.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

The living story skins aren’t “locked out”, they’ve gone back on sale multiple times since they originally debuted.

They are locked out to me since the times they went on sale, I didn’t have access to the game for extended periods of time. Going on sale less than once a year is too restrictive.

Tribal armor set

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I’m surprised the devs are aware it’s missing and doing nothing about it, to be honest. I thought they didn’t notice it wasn’t available.

How do you get “doing nothing about it” from “it will come”? This particular topic has been adressed multiple times. They’re aware of it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Older-skins/4948874