Upcoming Daily/Monthly changes 12/10/14

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

In order to get 10 points under the new system, I potentially have to spend a bit of time in places I don’t want to go (we’ll see how it works out in reality, depending on the pool of available achievements).

In order to get 10 points under the current system (today’s), I had to go out of my way to gather things, had to go out of my way to kill different types of monsters, and had to go out of my way to revive things.

I see no difference, except I may or may not have to go out of my way as much.
~Snip~

Not quite, under the old system to get the 10 points you had to do one of the WvW achievements and one of the sPvP achievements. Under the new system you can get the 10 points by only doing 3 PvE achievements…big difference if that’s the only thing you play. ‘Forcing’ you to do things in PvE you might not normally do, okay but not great, forcing you do play game modes you dislike = not okay.

Sorry, I should have stated: I only really do WvW nowadays.

So that’s two WvW dailies that came through normal play, Leveler came normally, Condition Applier came normally (mesmer makes it easy), Recycler came normally (although if one doesn’t want to recycle and rather sells, that could be considered outside normal play), events normal, and kills normal.

I had to go out of my way to gather, because gathering doesn’t go hand in hand with attacking/defending things. I had to go out of my way to get kill variety, as there is no kill variety in attacking/defending things. And I had to go out of my way to get reviver, as there was little reviving to be done, either because too much AOE spam made it impossible to revive people or because nobody got downed or stayed downed long enough to revive them.

So this should be better for you because now you can get your 10 AP daily by just staying in WvW and not having to do any PvE. I don’t see how that’s not an improvement for someone like you(unless 2 of the 4 choices are almost impossible to do such as you mentioned above).

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

In order to get 10 points under the new system, I potentially have to spend a bit of time in places I don’t want to go (we’ll see how it works out in reality, depending on the pool of available achievements).

In order to get 10 points under the current system (today’s), I had to go out of my way to gather things, had to go out of my way to kill different types of monsters, and had to go out of my way to revive things.

~Snip~

Not quite, under the old system to get the 10 points you had to do one of the WvW achievements and one of the sPvP achievements. Under the new system you can get the 10 points by only doing 3 PvE achievements…big difference if that’s the only thing you play. ‘Forcing’ you to do things in PvE you might not normally do, okay but not great, forcing you do play game modes you dislike = not okay.

So that’s two WvW dailies that came through normal play, Leveler came normally, Condition Applier came normally (mesmer makes it easy), Recycler came normally (although if one doesn’t want to recycle and rather sells, that could be considered outside normal play), events normal, and kills normal.

I had to go out of my way to gather, because gathering doesn’t go hand in hand with attacking/defending things. I had to go out of my way to get kill variety, as there is no kill variety in attacking/defending things. And I had to go out of my way to get reviver, as there was little reviving to be done, either because too much AOE spam made it impossible to revive people or because nobody got downed or stayed downed long enough to revive them.

So this should be better for you because now you can get your 10 AP daily by just staying in WvW and not having to do any PvE. I don’t see how that’s not an improvement for someone like you(unless 2 of the 4 choices are almost impossible to do such as you mentioned above).

Right, I wasn’t complaining about it. I was pointing out that under the current system, I quite definitely have to go out of my way to do things (even more so on days with “Insert Zone” Slayer/Events and Daily Fractals, while under the new system, I may or may not, depending on what the pool actually looks like, rather than a kneejerk reaction based on a picture showing four presumably random ones. So basically, I can’t get my 10 by “playing my way” right now, so it doesn’t make me really go any more out of my way in the new system.

However, since the article also says that there’s things like “Kill three players in WvW”, that’s already profit over the current “Kill 10”.

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

“White Knights,” we need to start our own guild or something. Just to be that much more annoying.

I’d join up!

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Be nice to get more clarifications on this stuff.

They won’t clarify anything. At best Gaile will praise some of the people in favor of the changes by saying how rational and good their feedback is while stating that there are also a lot of unreasonable opinions (i.e. critics), as is unfurtonately often the case. They don’t want to see anything other than praise and denounce critics as short sighted; there are already a lot of instances of that happening on these forums.

I’m not even saying it’s ‘the majority of players’ who are against it. Most people are likely to be in favor of the new system (me included, aside from the daily log-in reward). It’s just a shame they won’t even adress the concerns people have and take a chance to ‘convert’ them to supporters by adressing them.
Just like so many other times, they won’t say anything because people will forget. They always do. Remember when they pulled that giant F YOU against consumers with the new gem exchange? It took major games media outlets and a giant uproar from the playerbase for them to actually just give a statement and eventually change it when they saw the backlash was too big.
Shortly after they got praised by people for ‘listening’ whereas they just tried to scew us over a couple of days prior.
Moral of the story: stay silent and don’t communicate. People will forget. That’s how they operate in these cases.

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

I have mixed feelings about the new system. While it sounds great, it remains to be seen what will be the rewards, and what will be left out. This is change number four, I believe, and while it offers more rewards will it be better than what we have now, or just a candy coating for what’s a nerf?

For me I will be happy with anything they give, but let’s look currently what you get after 28 days of straight playing including both dailies and monthly. Provided you are a lvl 80 and get every achievement and if my math is good you can currently get
• 22,800 Karma
• 48 Mystic Coins
• 38 Laurels
• 1900 Luck pts
• 1 Gold 90 Silver
• 180 – 436 Achievement Points depending on how many you complete.
• Plus a daily but rare chance at something from the TP
• Lots of experience pts (5% of lvl/day)

So if after 28 days with the new system if we get anything less than the above it could technically be considered a nerf. Depending of the amount of change will give us an idea of the severity. Maybe the new rewards will outweigh any change. I hope it’s not 2 blues and 1 green tho.

I may have done my math wrong and please feel free to double check it for me. I’m a bit apprehensive going out on a limb with these as certainty. Honestly, I’m excited to see the new changes, but also a little concerned that it will be less substantial than what we have currently.

Personally, I’d like to see more challenging challenges. I remember back with GW1 when I was a new player in the later stages of the game enjoying those daily challenges. Sometimes that would be the only time I could find help with a dungeon and finish it. It was easy to find a party. I’m sure that with GW2, there is plenty of PvE content that newer players would appreciate assistance with and give veteran players an excuse to revisit those and assist if needed.

Suppose we’ll see what the fifth change will be.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Looked again and see no evidence from the announcement that we will still be able to get the same amount of laurels and mystic coins in a months time as we do now. The comment about throwing in other stuff too, makes me highly suspicious that we wont. Likely be available in the cash shop though.

I see no evidence that the skins and other rewards we received from the current daily achievements levels will be awarded to us or available to us anywhere at all.

It also looks like some of those additional things they are throwing in have ONE USE ONLY. They are not sellable. So if you aren’t going for a legendary the clovers will have no value. At least crafting materials are sellable if your not into crafting.

Aside from being mildly embarrassed to be playing a game they have to pay people to play
(log in incentive) I don’t see it as a significant issue compared to the change to dailies/monthlies.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

But that is just the thing: Maybe there won’t be much complaints when people actually see how it works? A great example is the NPE. People raged like mad on the forums, and yet when people actually started testing it out when it was released most people seemed to feel that it was actually a rather good change overall.

A full disclosure would mean basically a novel and then people wouldn’t have bothered reading it anyway and would have complained about them giving us wall of text.

Any MMO audience will have a percentage of people who are going to complain about anything. You might as well try to stop the sun rising as to stop the complaints — well, if you could crash the internet, you’d stop the complaints, but also the game.

Btw, I still see occasional complaints about the NPE. They’ve diminished, not disappeared.

This is a fair point, however…Anet has talked about a whole lot of things in blogs. It’s true the trait system came out bad, but the wardrobe came out good. If you look at all the blogs as far as changes, the traits is probably the worst.

However, there have been, from my point of view, more positive changes than negative ones. So instead of being pessimistic, I’m being cautious. It might seem a fine line to draw, but I’m drawing it anyway.

I’m glad that works for you. It doesn’t for me.

I’ll agree that the wardrobe pleased a lot of players. However, while I find it marginally better than the old system, for me it’s been a trade-off. I have access to more options once a character reaches 80, but I wear Outfits only while leveling rather than burn 8-10 TC’s every 6 levels when I change gear. Since leveling is the best part of the game for me, I feel the wardrobe was a minimum negative.

I do. I don’t think that giving in game reward for logging into a game that one is not inclined to play is intended to significantly impact log in metrics.

I don’ think getting lapsed players back is its purpose. The old monthlies could be completed in a few days. Even with sporadic play, I would get the old monthlies in 10-12 days. Some people finish the old monthlies in 2-4 days. They might not log in every day thereafter just to get a daily reward. With the new system, both the daily and the login rewards favor more consistent log ins by players who played sporadically under the old system. That would provide more consistent concurrency numbers — assuming that there was some drop off after the first few days of a new month.

@ Everyone

In the final analysis, what it’s going to come down to is what the new rewards are. This will make or break the system in the eyes of the players. If it’s comparable to the old system, or better, this will die down. If it can be perceived as worse, or requiring playing stuff people don’t care for to get the same rewards, then the complaints will continue.

I’m certainly not thrilled with seeing The Shatterer as one of the dailies, since it’s on a three hour spawn that may not coincide with my play time. If there are limited options and enough are like that, then I won;t be completing dailies with the frequency I do now — which will also mean I might not log in as much.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

This is almost exactly like the Log-in Reward System in that Mobile App Game called “Sinister Fate”. I love that system, and if GW2 gives worth while rewards, then I will be logging in Daily again. Gotta love that virtual crack.

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m more concerned as to the reason for the log in incentives, is activity dwindling that much?

I ran a very busy store. I still strategized about how to get more people into the store. Every MMO company does it. That’s why dailies exist.

Obviously, there are people who log in all the time and people who log in a couple of times a week, who might be encouraged to log in more often.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

This doesn’t sound as bad as I originally thought. As long as I can still get the same amount of laurels it won’t affect me at all.
It does reminds me of what mobile game developers do to get people playing daily. I can’t really blame Anet for wanting to get people to play more frequently though. Lots of money and jobs are riding on the success of GW2.

(edited by Fernling.1729)

Vayne.8563

~Snip~

But in theory now, you’ll have specific WvW dailies to get you the daily so I’m not sure how this would inconvenience you.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

But in theory now, you’ll have specific WvW dailies to get you the daily so I’m not sure how this would inconvenience you.

That really depends on how specific some of those will be. PvE dailies (and the only mentioned sPvP one) require you o go out of your way to do them. And while the only mentioned WvW daily (daily WvW kills) seems okay, it’s more likely that it won’t be a norm.
And you really wouldn’t want WvW dailies to shape the flow of the match – which will definitely happen if some of them will be on the PvE level of specific requirements.

Besides, remember, that while there are only 2 WvW dailies now, some of the remaining dailies are general in nature and can be easily completed in any game mode.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I honestly think that you guys need to stop thinking of dailies as “The world will explode if I don’t do all my dailies!” And rather think of it as, “If I do this specific thing I get some extra rewards.”

Especially as with that new system in place, the dailies don’t just give you a little bit of extra experience and 1 AP. (Wow much AP joy woo) but instead if you finish 3 of them you can get extra lootz with regards to which achievement you did, plus all the AP you would usually get from doing all the achievements.

Would you rather have that extra stuff you’d normally not get from achievements, or would you rather have that extra automatically gained 1 AP and experience (which you still get, just easier) and some extra fancy dingeling on your screen because you automatically did something you never REALLY paid attention to. (Much skinner box behaviour there guys)

It’s just a wait and see in regards to what the rewards will be and how specific WvW/PvP/PvE stuff will be.

A shatterer daily with an extra roll on the chest? could be interesting I’d say.

(Still seeing alot of “there are bux to be fixed, why dont designers fix bugs?” arguments as well, quite silly. Mike Z isn’t a bug fixer. (He wrote the article, so I assume he’s in on this change))

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

actually he’s been in games for quite awhile.. he probably could fix a few bugs
you are correct though that it’s sad some people have hijacked this thread to complain about other issues.. this isn’t the same as any of the other features, dailies were obnoxiously stale and maybe a handful of crazies going for hellfire full set will have to shake up their Routine…

In the final analysis, what it’s going to come down to is what the new rewards are. This will make or break the system in the eyes of the players.

for my guild, who have been spending less time in tyria lately, it will ultimately come down to ‘how interesting are these new dailies and what kind of interaction with other players will it influence.’ i’m sorry for those upset by the change, but the rest of us will forge better weapons, alliances, and ultimately beat back the dragons while you sit in the starter towns…

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Maxed out my daily AP, so how will this affect myself? Not a great deal, it will be nice to have the extra AP to see it going up again outside of the living story, and the new rewards are outstanding. But as I have stated in previous posts, I always looked at the daily/ monthly AP as a loyalty reward system.

What I will say is this. Anet seems to struggle with conflict. They give away freebees in the form of rewards for doing stuff we would in any case. Then starts wringing their hands in angst that people feel ‘forced’ to complete them. Basically the same people would complain if you put a bowl of ice cream in front of them and complain of (fill in blank space).

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Maxed out my daily AP, so how will this affect myself? Not a great deal, it will be nice to have the extra AP to see it going up again outside of the living story, and the new rewards are outstanding. But as I have stated in previous posts, I always looked at the daily/ monthly AP as a loyalty reward system.

What I will say is this. Anet seems to struggle with conflict. They give away freebees in the form of rewards for doing stuff we would in any case. Then starts wringing their hands in angst that people feel ‘forced’ to complete them. Basically the same people would complain if you put a bowl of ice cream in front of them and complain of (fill in blank space).

They are merging Daily and Monthly caps so you will probably have more Dailies to do (unless you also reached the monthly cap which I doubt)

But the major benefit are the extra rewards of the new dailies, like the fractal relics, which will make the daily achievements all the more worth doing.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I wonder if we will ever have a change that people will wait for being implemented before they rage like mad about it.

Maybe the better system would simply be to not talk about it until it was actually released.

Or, heaven forbid, actually ask players what they want, think is broken, or needs tweaking, before launching another change as bad as NPE? Locked traits was the worst idea ever, it means people don’t experiment with builds at all as they level or even when they hit 80.

My biggest concern is laurels, as daily/monthly was the only way to get these for us non-fractals players (having to run 3 or 4 IN A ROW to level up doesn’t work for me and many others), leading to one ring a month if I completed them every day. Sounds like now I have to choose between laurels and something else….

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

(edited by Baldrick.8967)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I wonder if we will ever have a change that people will wait for being implemented before they rage like mad about it.

Maybe the better system would simply be to not talk about it until it was actually released.

Or, heaven forbid, actually ask players what they want, think is broken, or needs tweaking, before launching another change as bad as NPE? Locked traits was the worst idea ever, it means people don’t experiment with builds at all as they level or even when they hit 80.

If they waited for their releases after they asked the players what they want, we wouldn’t get anything ever. Look at the “Mounts” discussion for example… Players have different, and often contradictory, “wants”.

And sadly, the new Trait System was often requested, a way to unlock traits by playing the game instead of having them all available immediately. It didn’t turn out how those players who requested it thought it will because nobody thought harder of the consequences of that change.

I’m afraid listening to the players got us other bad updates too. For example how many people were screaming “Give us Deathmatch!” in PVP, and now that we have a deathmatch map (Courtyard) everyone rages at it, including those who were asking for it.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

If logging in is enough to get the Laurel and Mystic Coin, then it’s a major improvement as far as i’m concerned. The daily may complete or not, but as long as the restricted currency flows…

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Settes.3960

Settes.3960

I can’t say right now if it will be good for me until I would know the combinations for PvE.

I’m not a AP hoarder, because I’m getting dailies just during normal play, but I want to finish at least 5 of them to get daily reward.
I was used to do 10-12 APs daily in previous system. After they did only one daily table I’m doing 7-8 APs daily. I suppose that my routine in the new system will be just to log on, check if I want to do at least 3 PvE dailies and maybe log out if my decision would be negative. I’m not doing PvP at all, WvW is almost down on my server so I lost my interest as well as for doing dungeons and fractals. I think that only 4 options for PvE is not enough. They will just dictate us even more what, where and when we have to do. Boss schedule was the beginning.

Probably it’s really time for change after 1.5 year of daily play and a lot of euros spent, but it could be just opposite of what developers want. They tend to do unnecessary changes instead of solving real problems, bugs and adding new really interesting content (DT and SW were fine until players started to be pushed to grind in them more and more because of RNG).

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

These changes seem good to me. Dailies and Monthlies always bored me, and i never really went out of my way to do them anyway.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I’m afraid listening to the players got us other bad updates too. For example how many people were screaming “Give us Deathmatch!” in PVP, and now that we have a deathmatch map (Courtyard) everyone rages at it, including those who were asking for it.

Exactly that, can’t agree more. There are basically contradictory opinions in every area of this game. Some people, for example, would love to be rewarded for doing something different in WvW than running with the zerg all the time. Hell, I would play the ruins a lot, if there would be a real incentive for me to do so, because I like them and the design of those small battle-arenas.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Does this mean that we only have until Tuesday to finish our monthly?

You will have till the end of December as normal to complete this months before the monthly system is retired.

If your overall monthly is completed for this month, but you still have an individual step that isn’t completed (you don’t need it for the meta, but you’d like to complete it for the individual AP), will the patch see that my meta is completed and decide that I’m done with the last grand-fathered monthly and not let me complete that step, or will I still be able to finish that step up, even though my monthly meta is done?

Astralporing.1957

You will have till the end of December as normal to complete this months before the monthly system is retired.

If your overall monthly is completed for this month, but you still have an individual step that isn’t completed (you don’t need it for the meta, but you’d like to complete it for the individual AP), will the patch see that my meta is completed and decide that I’m done with the last grand-fathered monthly and not let me complete that step, or will I still be able to finish that step up, even though my monthly meta is done?

As i understand, they are leaving currentl monthly system (whole, not only the meta) till the end of December. So yes, you should be able to do monthlies even after you have done the meta.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

What I’m curious about is whether the new login and daily rewards system kicks in upon the update or at daily reset later that day.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

As i understand, they are leaving currentl monthly system (whole, not only the meta) till the end of December. So yes, you should be able to do monthlies even after you have done the meta.

Thanks, hopefully that works out. I’m at 27/40 on skills, and while I have skill scrolls that I could just burn, I like to get as many as I can from ‘Leveler’ or the 3 pt skill achiever one when it comes up. If I happen to have any left before the end of the month (which I don’t), then I could use the abundance of scrolls to fill the gap.

If they ‘were’ going to shut off doing any more achievements for the rest of the month if you have completed the monthly meta already (I’ve seen them do stranger things ‘mid stream’ with a mid-month update that affects daily and monthly quests), then I’d just eat scrolls before the update and be done with it.

Which, I guess I may just do anyways, since it’s only 13 and I just don’t trust them to not do some weird over thinking like, “Well, you completed the monthly, so you don’t need any of those on any more, so we shut them off for those people! Because immersion, healthy and appropriate!” :|

Posted by: eugenstash.8610

eugenstash.8610

Is this going to affect laurels? I need those things to make my ascended gear and to buy ascended trinkets. I think i need to read deeper in to this but I GOTTA HAVE’m!!!

Posted by: eugenstash.8610

eugenstash.8610

I just read further. It doesnt seem like laurels will be affected too much (I hope) but it does slightly concern me if there is any rng to getting them for rewards. If anything remains constant it should be those as they are hard to come by otherwise. However, with that said, I really like them spicing things up like this. Changes, even if small and subtle are good. And frankly I actually enjoyed the daily and monthlies so this might take that enjoyment a step or two further.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I have this strong belief that ArenaNet is trying to force down our throats an attempt to fix “feeling rewarded” in the game, but point is: it’s not about the amount, but quality and nice-paced rewards. Bioluminescence is a very nice example, but I wish it required more pewpew and less grinding. It’s a starting point nonetheless.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

I don’t know how the new system will turn out to be. Looks like the examples are just… well examples. If I understand this correctly content to be completed for the daily will be more personalized. Anyway, as a PvE player I know one thing for sure: we all have our favourite maps to play, and we don’t like to switch maps for completing a daily. So if THAT is the objective, it will fail.
Somehow this all feels like an attempt to show management that enough people still log in every day on different maps and that there is no reason to cut down expenses on this game. Yet.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

What people seem to miss here, is the fact that not everybody who does the daily does it for the whole 10AP. I do the daily for the XP, the reward (which will be moved to another system I’m fine with) and 5AP. I don’t go out of my way to get the last 5 now, but in the new system, I must go out of my way to get even 1 (it’ll be all of nothing).

Posted by: Altair.6109

Altair.6109

I have this strong belief that ArenaNet is trying to force down our throats an attempt to fix “feeling rewarded” in the game, but point is: it’s not about the amount, but quality and nice-paced rewards. Bioluminescence is a very nice example, but I wish it required more pewpew and less grinding. It’s a starting point nonetheless.

Well If they want to make us feel rewarded, they should come up with new contents that give us new skills and traits. Like Gw1!

Astralporing.1957

If I understand this correctly content to be completed for the daily will be more personalized.

We have no idea. For all we know everyone will have the same dailies to do, the same as it is today. There was nothing in the info that suggested departure from this approach.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: SrgDark.2081

SrgDark.2081

I’ve a simple question. Why are we getting yet another rewamp of a part of the game that was rather functional?

Can’t we get say… more real content perhaps? How a rewamp of how iron/darksteel/mithril weapons look? Maybe instead of having different shades, they get their unique looks? Preferably without locking them all away behind the gem store. New events perhaps, in some areas to give them more life? Or if you want to rewamp some system, destroy the boundaries of light/medium/heavy armor, letting people play dress up to their hearts’ content. The endgame here is essentially just grinding to play dress up, after all. I’ll wager that players will find plenty of ways to make themselves look good even if the pieces clip in places. Nobody’s going to drop the game because their armor clips. Perhaps rewamp the chests of the achievements system? Add more different skins in them, instead of the same old set from how many months ago?

Something worthwhile, instead of redoing things that already work.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You mean new skins that we have gotten loads of the last few months? Same with new events?

Another thing to keep in mind is that the amount of work (and the type of work) for these things are different.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Hi,

I really like the new Daily system, but the “AP” side doesn’t seem very good to me : we go from a max of 360 dailies/month + 100 monthlies/month to 300 total/month.

- For veteran AP hunters like me who did not max dailies before april feature pack (I felt like it was an endless grind so I only got 5-10/day, until the 10k limit was added. At this point I started trying to get them all again in order to reach the limit and keep playing the game without worrying about them). It pushes the maxing of daily AP much further away. I thought I would finish them by the end of 2015 (I currently have 6117 on my main account), now I’ll need one more year. When I saw the blog post, I really hoped that we would get a way to get MORE AP/day in order to reach the limit sooner (= satisfaction to reach limit, no more worry about dailies, and catching up on people who farmed them when the system offered up to 23AP/day). Instead of that, we get LESS AP/day :’(.

- For new players : with the current system, new players could max dailies in 3 years and monthlies in 4 years. Long enough. With the new system, they will max the total in 5 years. Which leads us to a point where GW2 will be as old as GW1 was when GW2 game out. Retaining players for a long time is good, but a 5 years system is not a good idea and really removes the benefits of the 10k+5k limits.

My (independent of each other) ideas :

(A) After giving 10AP for completing a set of 3 dailies in a category, also give 5AP for completing a set of 3 in a second category, 3 AP for completing 3 dailies in the last category, and 2 more AP for completing ALL dailies. Total 20 (still less than the 5×5 we had in january 2013, and less than 20-25×1 before april’s patch). People who care about AP but don’t want to grind dailies will go for the best time/effort option : complete a set of 3 in one category and get 10 AP. People who like all areas in the game and want to move faster toward the new 15k limit will be able to get 15-20AP depending on the days (playing all 3 areas each day being hard).

(B) Add 1 point for each additional daily after the first set of 3. Max = 19AP/day if I’m not mistaken.

© Don’t modify the new daily system as it is really good and part of its purpose is to completely remove the incentive to grind them for AP. But don’t merge monthly and daily AP limit (so daily limit is still 10k). Keep current monthly achievements (I don’t really understand why they have to be removed as they are not a grind) either as-is, or until a new monthly system similar to the new daily system is designed.

(D) Similarly to ©, don’t change the new daily system and don’t merge daily/monthly AP pools. Give 100 AP for completing the new 28-days tracks, and count those AP as “monthly”.

(edited by Eowin Of Rohan.2619)

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

If I understand this correctly content to be completed for the daily will be more personalized.

We have no idea. For all we know everyone will have the same dailies to do, the same as it is today. There was nothing in the info that suggested departure from this approach.

But you’re wrong there, not everyone gets the same dailies now, as someone pointed out above, a person with a lower level character had a different set of dailies than a person with a higher level character.

~Snip~

Your math is a little off, under the new system it will only take someone 4 years and a little over 1 month to reach the new maximum 15000 pt AP total for dailies, not 5 years. For you specifically, it will take another 2 years and 4 and third months to reach the daily maximum, so it will be sometime in 2017, not the end of 2016.

(edited by Zaklex.6308)

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

PROBLEM

According to this article, players will only have 4 fixed PvE dailies, and they will have to do at least 3 of them to get the daily reward. However, the problem is not with the amount, but with the requirements of new dailies:

• Daily Ascalon Forager
  • Daily Maguuma Wastes Vista Viewer
  • Daily Malchor’s Leap Event Completer
  • Daily Fire Elemental

So from what I read in the article these are not “Fixed” dailies. The daily activities will change day to day. For example they mention a fractal daily and a defeat the shatterer daily. It seems more like the dailies will change as they do now. I suggest that everyone wait to see what dailies are actually given before anyone gets too upset over this.

(edited by steveway.3167)

Posted by: HeroProtagonist.2139

HeroProtagonist.2139

I rarely log in to the forums to comment, but I had to when I saw the changes to the daily and monthly achievements, especially the monthlies. It’s insulting to call logging in any kind of achievement. The monthlies used to take some purposeful dedication to actually achieving something to achieve. I don’t get any sense of satisfaction that I’ve achieved anything by typing in my password on 28 different days. Please consider changing the monthly “achievement” back to something that actually takes some effort to achieve.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

So let me get this straight.. I have to wait 28 days to get some laurels?

I been doing every 5 days.. buying ascended recipe, and making a peice.. now I gotta wait 28 days? O_O

No, if you look at the picture, you get laurels on login 2,7,9,16,21,23 then 28. How many though, is unknown.

I don’t see where you seen the laurels in either of these pictures. All I see is a moon phase, and treasure boxes. Where did you get your info? .. Maybe circle something I’m not seeing?

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I been doing every 5 days.. buying ascended recipe, and making a peice.. now I gotta wait 28 days? O_O

No, if you look at the picture, you get laurels on login 2,7,9,16,21,23 then 28. How many though, is unknown.

I don’t see where you seen the laurels in either of these pictures. All I see is a moon phase, and treasure boxes. Where did you get your info? .. Maybe circle something I’m not seeing?

If you look at the icons on the Daily Log-in Bags, you will see Laurels on the second bag of each row, and the seventh bag of rows 1 and 3. You can, I believe, also choose more Laurels from the very last reward container (Number 28).

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

If you look at the icons on the Daily Log-in Bags, you will see Laurels on the second bag of each row, and the seventh bag of rows 1 and 3. You can, I believe, also choose more Laurels from the very last reward container (Number 28).

Is that the laurel symbol on the first bag of every row too? It looks like a small one to me.

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

Is that the laurel symbol on the first bag of every row too? It looks like a small one to me.

The first column is mystic coins
The second column is laurels
The third column is essences of luck
The fourth column I’m not sure, but I imagine they are express merchant gem store items
The fifth column contains bags of crafting materials (possibly only for tailors?), boosters, and transmutation charges
The sixth column is tomes of knowledge/bags of experience
The seventh column has more laurels, a profession specific equipment box, and the final reward

What we don’t know yet, is whether these bags contain single or multiple mystic coins/laurels. They would have to contain about 12 mystic coins each to match the current rate we get via dailies and monthlies, and 4-5 laurels each as well as the option of 10 in the final reward chest to match the current laurel output.

I never really paid close attention to the icons in the screenshot when this change was first announced, and just assumed based on the text that they would probably hand out 1 laurel and 1 mystic coin along with some additional bonus every day.

But after examining the screenshot more closely, I now see why so many people are buying up mystic coins. I would be dumbfounded if each bag contained only 1 coin/laurel each, but it definitely would not surprise me in the least given the overall history of the game. I’d be equally confused if they were handing out chunks of 10+ mystic coins or 5 laurels at a time in such an oddly spread burst.

And the fact that they’re taking the time to merge threads on this issue without addressing the numerous specific questions regarding laurel/mystic coin rates is only a bad sign from my perspective.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

Vayne.8563

I rarely log in to the forums to comment, but I had to when I saw the changes to the daily and monthly achievements, especially the monthlies. It’s insulting to call logging in any kind of achievement. The monthlies used to take some purposeful dedication to actually achieving something to achieve. I don’t get any sense of satisfaction that I’ve achieved anything by typing in my password on 28 different days. Please consider changing the monthly “achievement” back to something that actually takes some effort to achieve.

Not sure where you’re getting your info about monthlies. I almost always finish them in the first week of the month without even trying.

Champs you get from running champ trains or the Silver Wastes. Events are pretty much all over the play. Hell 2 days in the Silverwastes, which many are playing anyway, gets you most of your monthly. Getting four dailies is no real chore.

Salvage 20 ectos for luck and combine them on an artificer to get green crafting. Or make some dowels.

There’s nothing that challenging about monthlies as they exist now.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

But you’re wrong there, not everyone gets the same dailies now, as someone pointed out above, a person with a lower level character had a different set of dailies than a person with a higher level character.

I missed the post you’re referring to, but I’ve never once seen different dailies on my two accounts. They’ve always been identical, and I did dailies on both accounts regularly for months this year.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

And the fact that they’re taking the time to merge threads on this issue without addressing the numerous specific questions regarding laurel/mystic coin rates is only a bad sign from my perspective.

Agreed. This does not bode well at all.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Yeah, could barely see it.. picture is a bit too dark. Although that could be just a picture.. not guaranteed to be in there :p

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

IndigoSundown.5419

There’s nothing that challenging about monthlies as they exist now.

While that may be true, they for a fun thing to shoot for for as long as they lasted. And they certainly require more effort than just logging on does.

Vayne.8563

I missed the post you’re referring to, but I’ve never once seen different dailies on my two accounts. They’ve always been identical, and I did dailies on both accounts regularly for months this year.

My wife has a new account that gets different dailies than her main account. If you have 80s on both accounts you’ll never notice it, because you’ll get the same dailies. But she showed me.

She got fractal daily on one account and veteran slayer for the account that didn’t have an 80. Also her monthlies were different.

IndigoSundown.5419

My wife has a new account that gets different dailies than her main account. If you have 80s on both accounts you’ll never notice it, because you’ll get the same dailies. But she showed me.

She got fractal daily on one account and veteran slayer for the account that didn’t have an 80. Also her monthlies were different.

My friend and I both have 80’s and we occasionally get a different daily or monthly.