Upcoming changes in Spring Quarterly Update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

Cliffside boss reskinned as Mallyx(Why??)

You must have missed where he has his standard appearance first, then activates Mallyx’s elite.

You also must have missed where you have the revenant hammer 2 skill’s effect showing while he’s in that Mallyx elite form (red cracks on the ground).

In other words, the Archdiviner is given revenant skills – likely as part of a boss rebalance for higher levels.

1) Wasn’t that Colin’s goal in the first 2-3 years? The implementation and refinement of core systems?
2) Fixes and refinements don’t keep interest in the game, and not me personally either, Except WvW, but not even a HINT at WvW in the teaser.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PDsORWyb50

1) No. This was stated to be this year’s goal. Refinement has never been a goal on ArenaNet’s part, truth be told, except for smallscale stuff of massively important systems – and even that wasn’t always guaranteed.
2) And we were told back in January that 2016 will primarily be a year of fixes and refinements.

The only new content we’re getting is raids and LS3 when that comes out in June/July/August.

You’re complaining about stuff that ArenaNet went out of their way multiple times to state would be the case, and acting as if it’s a brand new thing that they were keeping hidden from you.

First off,
I’m pretty sure the question STILL stands. I did notice that, and thanks for stating the obvious, but again, the question STILL stands. If fractals are frgaments of space and time, and replay them as isolated fragments, why would the Archdiviner be given Revenant/Mist power. There must be some narrative explaining this.

Second,
1) “Our promise to you in 2013 is to continue to build on the world we’ve built, to make it stronger, to refine and strengthen the game based on the core vision of Guild Wars 2, and to make GW2 an experience unlike any other online game.” <— From Colin in 2013, source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

2) Source? I’m pretty sure it was stated that THIS was the year where the introduction and refinement of systems would slow down, where ANet would focus on DEPTH rather than BREADTH.
“While we balance our development, 2016 will also be a turning point in the type of development we do for Guild Wars 2. Over the last three years, ArenaNet has focused on “breadth” of development: new content types, releasing in new territories, new game systems, different release cycles, system overhauls, and experiments into what is possible with an online world. One of our goals for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ was for it to be the last time we would focus on this type of broad development and experimentation and to reach a point where we could focus more on depth.
Over the years, Guild Wars 2 has built up a wide variety of content and feature types. 2016 is the year where we’ll be focusing on the parts of Guild Wars 2 that have been most successful and giving our full attention to those areas by adding depth to them. This means a focus on new content and polish for our existing, successful parts of the game.”
<— Colin 2016
Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/state-of-the-game-update-q1-2016/

We’re nearly half way through the year and we haven’t had one meaningful content addition.

I’m pretty sure everyone is very thankful of what ANet has done so far, especially those who are not happy with the sudden change in direction. We understand that things don’t go according to planned all the time, but a change in direction so drastic to the point that it creates GW2’s second biggest content draught since launch, is an issue.

(edited by SigmaOfApeiron.8397)

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Alpine BLs are making a comeback. I consider that a win!

I consider this a massive fail and give in to the whiners of this community.

This is no step forward, this is like a huge degeneration of this game, going back to old crap because this community is so degenerated to give the devs not at least a chance to overwork the new desert maps – no instead they hue and cry mordio as typically usual like theres no tomorrow

They should bring back the alpine maps first, until following points are done:

1) They reworked the Reward System of WvW to make it equal with PvE/PvP
2) They made some proper changes to the Desert Map as preparation TO KEEP IT in its overworked size reduced form
3) They implemented into this game a system with that they can rotate the maps out at will freely

However, thats already a dead horse topic by now and to me is WvW already totally ruined beyond any chance that anything Anet will do can fix it anymore to bring it back to a healthy state, regardless on which map we play now as long theres such a degenerated community in the background that dictates Anet what they should do with WvW beyond any common sense.

And as long such a kind of vocal minority ditates for WvW the route for this game mode to go, leadign to the point that Anet just completely ignores to use their own common sense just to please the whiners, there will be no future for this game mode in my honest opinion, if they make for every step forward due to whiners like three steps backwards…

The massive fail is the Desert BLs.

The vocal minority that likes these BLs is made clear by the absolute desertion of the boarderland.

Its good that Anet listened to the vocal majority and is making corrections to the desert BL and bringing back the Alpine BL.

Now that we’ve voice our subjective facts and that it appears you have no hope for WvW, I wish you well in whatever part of the game you chose to continue to play. The rest of us will enjoy seeing the Alpine BL come back.

SBI

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

This is no step forward, this is like a huge degeneration of this game, going back to old crap because this community is so degenerated to give the devs not at least a chance to overwork the new desert maps – no instead they hue and cry mordio as typically usual like theres no tomorrow

They should bring back the alpine maps first, until following points are done:

1) They reworked the Reward System of WvW to make it equal with PvE/PvP
2) They made some proper changes to the Desert Map as preparation TO KEEP IT in its overworked size reduced form
3) They implemented into this game a system with that they can rotate the maps out at will freely

However, thats already a dead horse topic by now and to me is WvW already totally ruined beyond any chance that anything Anet will do can fix it anymore to bring it back to a healthy state, regardless on which map we play now as long theres such a degenerated community in the background that dictates Anet what they should do with WvW beyond any common sense.

And as long such a kind of vocal minority ditates for WvW the route for this game mode to go, leadign to the point that Anet just completely ignores to use their own common sense just to please the whiners, there will be no future for this game mode in my honest opinion, if they make for every step forward due to whiners like three steps backwards…

metrics disagree with “vocal minority”
Use of desert bl was statistically and disproportionately lower post HoT vs any other changes made (including stab, HoT, specialization forced pve, etc…)
But I agree, it is getting a little too late to heal the wvw completely but at least agreeing to add back in alpine while working on the wvw class balance, etc they can reach what you might call a maximum medical benefit (basically as close to healed as we can get it now) and work on population/mergers also seems to be in effect.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

This is no step forward, this is like a huge degeneration of this game, going back to old crap because this community is so degenerated to give the devs not at least a chance to overwork the new desert maps – no instead they hue and cry mordio as typically usual like theres no tomorrow.

Don’t blame the community. The community has given WvW all it could and has been more than patient, remember the CDI threads? You can’t blame the community for the mess Anet made by not listening to them.

It’s Anet that messed up stability, the trait system and class balance, all of which turned out to reward mindless zombie zerging. It was Anet that never listened to the GvG community at all, that never implemented a scoring system and reward system that could make the game interesting, and that never merged empty servers.

They are removing desert borderland because (1) they are in panic mode because mostly everyone left beside tier 1-2 and (2) it’s cheaper to bring back old stuff than redesign new content.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

You can see it being used as a glider in the trailer.

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Given the fact that patch notes have already been partially linked and it’s been pretty much confirmed that certain WvW guilds have made certain decisions about transfers and whatnot based on the game’s upcoming patch, I don’t see why at least a preview would be merited. Puts everyone on the same page.

I really don’t understand why some of the people at Anet make the same decisions over and over and then wonder why they’re not being received well…

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

If you seek out MO’s post about suspending development of legendaries you’ll see him refer to the content pipeline being empty. A pipeline takes time to fill so I’m not expecting too much in this update. We need to look towards the next one for that.

The important thing is that he has recognised the problem and acted to address it but it will not be an instant fix. It requires that most elusive of all masteries: patience.

He also said this:

I strongly believe that we will in fact entertain you. We’re a team of people who love the game that you love, and are working on things we’re confident you’ll love. But I’m not here to convince you of that, and I wouldn’t expect you to take my word for it. You can make that judgment in April, and each subsequent time we ship. I will work to make you happy, and I’ll do it by making you happy with what we ship, not with what we promise to ship.

Mo

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

They are removing desert borderland because (1) they are in panic mode because mostly everyone left beside tier 1-2 and (2) it’s cheaper to bring back old stuff than redesign new content.

While I agree with the idea of the second, I’m fairly certain that they will rework the DBL a bit before bringing it back. Taking it back only to rotate it back in with the same issues is like a dealership issuing a recall notice only to give you back your car afterwards with the problem still present.

I’m also pretty sure they’re bringing back Alpine so they can have the breathing room to rework the Desert. The issues with the map go so deep as to need major reworks of terrain and layout. That takes a lot of time to physically do as well as plan and design. It’s much better to bring back what people know and like for a while rather than leave the Desert up while you make said changes.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

We’re nearly half way through the year and we haven’t had one meaningful content addition.

I’m pretty sure everyone is very thankful of what ANet has done so far, especially those who are not happy with the sudden change in direction. We understand that things don’t go according to planned all the time, but a change in direction so drastic to the point that it creates GW2’s second biggest content draught since launch, is an issue.

Exactly, I dearly hope that no-one in ArenaNet thinks that tweaks and revamps are a substitute for new content.

You can’t expect people to continue to run the same old content because you’ve added a chance for a new skin to drop or increased the drop rate of some currency or because world boss X now has a new attack and a set of new achievements.

There will be two more quarterly updates after this one and given the way things have worked out in the first two quarterly updates I find it hard to believe that there’s going to be a flood of new content in and around those either.

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

There will be two more quarterly updates after this one and given the way things have worked out in the first two quarterly updates I find it hard to believe that there’s going to be a flood of new content in and around those either.

It may not be new, but there will be floods…

Attachments:

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Hi all,

Two weeks ago I posted that we were starting integration and final testing for the Spring Quarterly Update. It’s been two busy weeks. The quarterly update is through QA and looking good. We’re going to announce the release date tomorrow.

As we prep for release, you’ll notice that we’re not doing the series of advance blog posts that we had done for some prior releases. Hopefully that’s not too surprising; I’ve written a few times since taking this role that I think our job is to delight you with what we ship, not with talk and promises.

With everything prepped now, let’s have some fun together and see some hints of what’s coming, and then we’ll see you in the game on release day.

Mo

No, more news is good news, less news is bad news. I love talk and promises, so long as they are followed through on or we’re given good reasons why they were not. I hate being left in the dark until something ships. Hate is SO much.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Hi all,

Two weeks ago I posted that we were starting integration and final testing for the Spring Quarterly Update. It’s been two busy weeks. The quarterly update is through QA and looking good. We’re going to announce the release date tomorrow.

As we prep for release, you’ll notice that we’re not doing the series of advance blog posts that we had done for some prior releases. Hopefully that’s not too surprising; I’ve written a few times since taking this role that I think our job is to delight you with what we ship, not with talk and promises.

With everything prepped now, let’s have some fun together and see some hints of what’s coming, and then we’ll see you in the game on release day.

Mo

Okay then.

That pretty much went like:
- We’re not going to talk about anything but we ARE going to announce the release date of the patch. Yay!
- Reactions: why isnt this just the 19th then? Its the 19th isnt it?
- It’s the 19th!!!! Wooo! have a 20 second teaser video!
- Reactions: Yeah… uhhh.. we pretty much figured… and this video doesn’t really tease us with anything.. it is so obscure it leaves us to wonder whether a series of inkblots wouldn’t have been more enlightening.

You really can’t tease players with no actual information.
I know the saying is “a picture says more than a thousand words”.. but this is more like a puzzle with all but 3 puzzle pieces missing.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: ItalianStallion.2063

ItalianStallion.2063

I just wanted to put my opinion into the conversation about the Desert Borderlands vs the Alpine Borderlands. I was upset when I heard that we would be moving back to the Alpine ones. I really think that the Desert Boderlands maps are an overall improvement to the Alpine maps. There are valid complaints against the desert borderlands maps, but those things are fixable.

As someone from a low population server, the Desert maps are really big. To be fair, the Alpine maps were big as well, but the desert maps have more space vertically. This is a valid complaint from people from low population servers.

Another valid complaint is the desert maps are more confusing to navigate than the alpine maps. Even though I see this as a valid complaint, I really really like the complexity and the challenge and the possibilities behind the navigating of the desert maps. The desert maps are way more creative than the standard (Boring) oval-shaped path the alpine maps had.

The desert maps not only look gorgeous and have way more creativity imbued within them, but they also inspire more challenging and creative ways to use the map to your advantage. Their are a multitude of “high-ground” advantages, good scouting points, alternate pathways, and secret sites to siege from. You have to learn about the differences between the towers and the keeps because they aren’t so standard and vanilla as the alpine ones. You have to learn about the different keep and tower bosses, since they aren’t so boring now.

I think we have to remember that the alpine maps were too big for low population servers as well. We have to remember that the alpine maps essentially forced you to move with the path, because it didn’t provide you with extra creative options for getting to where you need to go. We have to remember that the alpine maps were so dull compared to these new desert ones.

Anyways, I could go on, but I feel my point has been made. I know it’s probably too late, but I wish to put my voice in here as someone who would prefer it if the desert maps stayed, albeit with perhaps a few tweaks to cater to those who don’t like the map.

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

I must be blind..cliffside looked the same to me..what’s different???

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Someone posted a screen cap on Reddit that makes it look like they may have changed the end fight somehow. Maybe other stuff in it was also changed?

http://i.imgur.com/08iI5VJ.png

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The end boss gets Malyx skills, it seems. Also I’m not sure if this is new but the giant statue head seems to be moving even when you first arrive by the feet. I confess I don’t generally stare up that high when charging at the hammer jerk at the start.

Posted by: Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

1st
looks like the archdiviner is now a rev instead of having him fight players would have been cool to have him fight pre rev worrier rytlock. even if their will be no law but rytlock did go into the mist and come out a rev and wheres fracs bassed? the mists.

2nd
i truly hope their will be a balance pass in this patch even if its small if so the video really needed to show even 1s clip of pvp so we know theirs something going into it

3rd
again im hoping for some sorta wvw update even if its nothing big even just some ac reworks or something so a 1s clip of SM would have made me a giddy customer

comment what you would/not like to have seen in the video or what your hoping beyond all hope will be in this patch

(edited by Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271)

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

the trailer says nothing about the patch
is more like anet trying to tell people we have a patch coming and stay tune

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I didn’t get too much out of it. Looks as though players can finally complete the Fractal backpiece, maybe a new LS episode, the new legendary Shortbow, and an overused Inception horn sound FX.

Perhaps I’m too jaded (once again) to get hyped about this. A screen with text, “Profession balance and bug fixes will arrive on April” would have been sufficient for me; but I’m in the minority.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Just pointing out 2 things I saw while catching up on this thread.

giving classes more access to Resistance somehow, or
by fixing finally Toughness and makign it a working attribute, that can significantly decrease all kinds of incoming damage, including conditioon damage to some kind of deal, when even not by far as much as like direct damage reduction.
A very high toughness build needs to feel finally like you being one of those huge mordrems that receive barely damage from direct damage, but are alot weaker agaisnt condition damage.

Issue there is that condition was more of a counter to toughness (which is another reason the vuln change makes little sense to me, as vuln was intended to help get around high toughness >.>)

Giving too much more resistance has the effect of completely invalidating an entire stat and playstyle for far too long in a single encounter. At that rate why not also put reveal on every skill and multiply all direct damage by 10 while also allowing every class to negate direct damage at will? Or just double protection’s effectiveness and add it to many more skills. Yes this is intentionally taking it to the extreme, none of which is going to happen, anyways. But perhaps it serves to highlight some of the flaws in proceeding like that?

attributes in general need to be taken finalyl alot more into overall class balance changes into consideration. especially also Vitality which should get best merged with Healing power, so that Vitality becomes more important and impactful for everybody and its effectiveness should finalyl get increased, so that it raises better the maximum health, so that a high vitality build also has significantly far more max health, than somebody with no vitality at all.
A difference of like 1000 vitality points should result in like a differennce of 7500-10000 HP and not like only 2500 or so ..thats a joke , especialyl as long toughness is so incredibly uneffective and not really workign at all as a defensive attribute that is capable of significantly reducing incoming damage at all – ever, since release of this game so that you clearly see a difference in the game when you fight
someone with high defensive stats over fightign someone thats more of a glass cannon, when the difference is just like only 1-3 hits worth

You do know that adding 100 vitality is 1k health right? And that 1k vit would already be 10k health…
Anything more would become overpowered itself when min/max stats without rebalancing everything else and ending up in a worse situation one way or another.
It is already generally better to be higher in vitality to add survival against conditions than high in toughness alone with no vit. Of course different builds/classes necessitate different stat combinations.

Posted by: Grymlocke.1067

Grymlocke.1067

so logged in to see new trailer and thought good ….

The trailer was kind of a let down

1: old content being displayed
2: a new bow
3: possible update from back-piece to legendary

kind of a waste of 20 seconds

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Lackluster, tells me nothing, and an ugly bow… I know its all negative but its exactly how i feel with these things..

Not even sure why they bothered with the short clip, 50% of it was buy GW2 Hot, which most of us all own anyway..

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Wonder exactly what they’re going to do to adjust HoT maps and events.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Wonder exactly what they’re going to do to adjust HoT maps and events.

Hopefully make it easier to solo..

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

How would you solo meta..

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I found it’s best to wait and see. Speculation tends to lead to disappointment.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

They could make the HCs soloable as well as map completions. Previous core Tyria maps didn’t require you to either do the story or play the events in order to get 100% completion. I’d like to see the HoT maps go back to this.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

They could make the HCs soloable as well as map completions. Previous core Tyria maps didn’t require you to either do the story or play the events in order to get 100% completion. I’d like to see the HoT maps go back to this.

Same. I like that some of them are hard, even in a small group, but for GW2’s more “typical” player I think a softening of things like this would draw more players into the expansion.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: SkipOne.8430

SkipOne.8430

You can see a margoniter at 0:13. I Think, you will see him in Cliffside Fractal.
And a new Boss for Volcanic Fractal.
So there must be a Change in Fractals.

Attachments:

(edited by SkipOne.8430)

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

You can see a margoniter at 0:13. I Think, you will see him in Cliffside Fractal.
And a new Boss for Volcanic Fractal.
So there must be a Change in Fractals.

Pretty sure it’s just a Megadestroyer World Boss Revamp, like they did for Teq and Shatterer in January.

Posted by: SkipOne.8430

SkipOne.8430

jeah thats possible too

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

1st
looks like the archdiviner is now a rev instead of having him fight players would have been cool to have him fight pre rev worrier rytlock. even if their will be no law but rytlock did go into the mist and come out a rev and wheres fracs bassed? the mists.

The fractals aren’t based in the Mists. We travel to them through the Mists, but they are fragments of time and space, which again, we travel to through the mists. EVEN then, if they were based in the Mists, it still wouldn’t properly explain how the Archdiviner got Revenant skills.
In fact, I find it rather confusing considering, if the fractals are fragments of time and space, and when we replay them we replay events that have already happened in the past, present or future, why have they been altered in this way? Also, since the Cliffside fractal is based on past events (way before GW1 Searing, with the Titans), and the Archdiviner now has Revenant skills, wouldn’t that have present-day implications?
If not, and fractals are isolated fragments of reality, it would still need some sort of narrative explanation to such an anomaly.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I’d solo meta with a very, very sharp pointy stick and a grim and slightly crazed expression.

Houseplants would tremble at the very mention of my name, for I am an epic hero, I am… oh… dead again…. darn it…. contested waypoints…. grrr… <run run run run run run>

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

I did not see any WvW in the trailer… does that mean WvW is getting nothing again with this patch, even after all the talk?

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

1st

The fractals aren’t based in the Mists. We travel to them through the Mists, but they are fragments of time and space, which again, we travel to through the mists. EVEN then, if they were based in the Mists, it still wouldn’t properly explain how the Archdiviner got Revenant skills.
In fact, I find it rather confusing considering, if the fractals are fragments of time and space, and when we replay them we replay events that have already happened in the past, present or future, why have they been altered in this way? Also, since the Cliffside fractal is based on past events (way before GW1 Searing, with the Titans), and the Archdiviner now has Revenant skills, wouldn’t that have present-day implications?
If not, and fractals are isolated fragments of reality, it would still need some sort of narrative explanation to such an anomaly.

very true i know this but i think it would have been a very cheap and easy way to make some sorta law about rev even if its not cannon and it would have at least stoked some coals for the hype train. because atm the law is rev just happened, everyone learned how to do it, the end

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

I did not see any WvW in the trailer… does that mean WvW is getting nothing again with this patch, even after all the talk?

and yah from no wvw hints in the trailer and what MO said which was on the lines of we wont make promises just encase we cant keep them leads me to believe wvw update will not be coming with this patch

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

Ty for the merge…… Not. my thread was discussing what players thought of your video and not what’s in this thread

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

1st

very true i know this but i think it would have been a very cheap and easy way to make some sorta law about rev even if its not cannon and it would have at least stoked some coals for the hype train. because atm the law is rev just happened, everyone learned how to do it, the end

Also true, but if they added Rev skills to the Archdiviner just to make it seem like something new and shiny, without any lore and narrative attached to it, that is SAD. SAD SAD SAD . Lack of creativity.
Given GW2 has a very cosmetic-oriented design, applying Rev skills to a boss and calling it “new” wouldn’t be a surprise, but would be an all-time low .
Here’s hoping I’m wrong.

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

If they gave fractal boss Mallyx (revenant) powers they better have SOLID reason behind such change as revenant has not existed there at all. If not.. then i will burn this forum with rage. There is no reason to take off unique (in this case elite skill) abilities to random scrub mobs from one class while there inst a mob using reaper shroud for example. You have been warned.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Will we get the balance patch as part of the update, or what exactly is the seasonal update meant to bring?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If they gave fractal boss Mallyx (revenant) powers they better have SOLID reason behind such change

Sure they did. They had heard that some of players do not like running cliffside fractal, as it is too difficult and too long compared to others, so they have decided to solve it the usual Anet way, by making the end boss even stronger and thus making sure noone mentions cliffside ever again.

…and now i’m really hoping i was joking and not predicting future.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Donari.5237

Dear Anet,
I would like to offer my sincere thanks for bringing the Alpine Borderlands back in the next quarterly update.

The next quarterly update will be released Tuesday, and will not include Alpine. It will include tweaks to Desert with requests for feedback while they continue to prep Alpine for re-release.

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

No point commenting your thread will just get merged with like mine did and all information and valuable discussion will get lost I even replies to the pm find out why they did it but nothing yet.

My thread was about what people thought of the April video what they liked and disliked and it was pushed into a thread that had nothing to do with the video so good luck just read the 9 pages of the MO post u might find what ur looking for might

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The people the where absolutely sure that there would be no release on the 19th are now absolutely sure they are going to “destroy” a fractal by some way not giving a backstory? What is the next trauma to life? Too many pieces of candy in a bag? The price of something no one buys will drop and no one will buy it? Drama is a waste of time.

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

Will we get the balance patch as part of the update, or what exactly is the seasonal update meant to bring?

If there is no balance patch, anything for wvw, or anything other than tinkering with an old boss with the comment “more will come next patch” then its time to move on.
Too much carrot chasing, stringing along for the past 6 months (and prior) to keep falling for it.

Donari.5237

Read the patch notes on Tuesday. Mr. O’Brien sees no reason to talk and promise before something actually ships. Maybe if we’re lucky the patch notes will be up in time to read them before the patch finishes loading.

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

So I have seen many people now make threads about the sneak peak trailer, the spring update, and what would be coming next. So I’ve actually analyzed the sneak peak trailer, went over what is coming, and what could be coming in my recent YouTube video. If you want to go ahead and watch it click the link below:
https://youtu.be/qscBA68aa10

If not, here’s what I basically go over in the video, which include things from the sneak peak, things that are confirmed to be in the game, and things that could possibly be in the game if we’re optimistic that they have mentioned in the past.

CONFIRMED:
-Fixing Desert BL
-Scribing Costs Lowered
-HoT Events more casual player friendly, focused on reward players better
-Fractal fixes, replacing achievements

SNEAK PEAK SPECULATION:
-Megadestroyer Revamp?
-Legendary shortbow?
-Cliffside boss reskinned?
-Ad Inifinium as a Glider?

GENERAL SPECULATION:
-Missing armor sets (previous PvP sets), bringing them back?
-Improvements to existing PVP maps, new maps are being made though?
-Raids LFG System?
-Probably no next new raid wing, but several encounters were stated to be playable?
-Improvements to fractals game mode, making rewards better and more engaging?
-Working on new instabilities to slowly phase out the old ones?
-A new fractal; they said they are making more, one is in playable state?
-Dungeon Nerf Reverted? (I HOPE THEY DO THIS FOR THIS PATCH)
-Improvements to obtaining HoT Gear?
-HoT content rewarding to play in different playstyles?
-Adventures more available to play and more accessible?
-HoT Daily Achievements?

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

The people the where absolutely sure that there would be no release on the 19th are now absolutely sure they are going to “destroy” a fractal by some way not giving a backstory? What is the next trauma to life? Too many pieces of candy in a bag? The price of something no one buys will drop and no one will buy it? Drama is a waste of time.

I dont care about story, i dont want my legend abilities being used by trash mobs. Whats next? Grawls performing rite of the dwarf? Quaggan using jade wids? Wtf

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: wrathmagik.3518

wrathmagik.3518

Read the patch notes on Tuesday. Mr. O’Brien sees no reason to talk and promise before something actually ships. Maybe if we’re lucky the patch notes will be up in time to read them before the patch finishes loading.

I don’t blame him. This community screams bloody murder no matter what he tries to do.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Havent read the whole thread.

Is there anything that makes HoT worth going back to?