Very Disappointed

Very Disappointed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

tldr at bottom

Arenanet,

I liked this game
I’ve been playing this game since release and for the longest time I’ve been your supporter of this fine game. I’ve played most of the content in this game (with exception of sPvP) over 2000 hours and have spent close to $1000 in gems to show my appreciation. I can tell you that this game has been well worth my money and time.

But the changes you have made in the past 5 months have made me very disappointed. I want to play this game for years, but you are making it harder for me to continue playing this game and enjoying it. It’s no coincidence that I have not spent a single $ since December on gems.

I’m sure it is your objective to improve this game so much that people will want to keep playing but I feel you making misguided changes in regards to farming.

Content is not the issue
I have no gripes about the content of the game. Living Story is a fantastic idea and you are implementing it well. I’m not particular into dungeons, but I find that you provide a wide variety of atmospheres and difficulties to satisfy that crowd. WvW of course is loved/hated, but most of my memories in game have come from exciting WvW matches. I’m confident that will improve.

But I’m very disappointed in the decisions to make content less rewarding each month. Constant nerfs to events that are efficient for the playerbase to farm are changed to make it less rewarding. First you nerfed plinx, which was a very popular karma chain but you changed the cooldown time significantly to the point that very few people do it now. Then came the shelt/pen nerfs – through the veteran/champion introductions and then recently the veteran/champion buffs plus loot-less spiderlings (honestly, who wants to beat on a spider for 2 minutes and get not even 1 copper or a porous bone?). Then came the grub farming event at the shores, which probably didn’t even need a nerf since if it got too popular, mobs would die too fast and no one would get any loot!

And now once again, the newest farming point, Lyssa, has been nerfed to the ground. Wraiths apparently don’t drop anything anymore. It’s not a coincidence that the single best reason for this farm was t6 dust came from Wraiths – and they got nerfed.

MMOs and farming go together. You cannot have an MMO that has zero farming. Farming is a PLAYER choice. People who choose to farm are doing content which is most efficient for them. Farming certain events rewards you with the most gold per hour you invest in game. No one will want to do an event that is not rewarding enough. Players will ALWAYS look for the most efficient place to get rewarded. Just look at two of those events that I mentioned. Grub farming and Lyssa farm were both there since release, available to farm. There were no content changes at all that made it profitable to do in the past few months. The only reason why we learned about these events was because players sought out the next best event to farm. After shelt/pen was nerfed to the ground, people on Sea of Sorrows started to notice that grubs was a great farm. So I spread the news to Yaks Bend and it started to gain traction. When the grubs got nerfed, I heard that Lyssa was the best place to farm, so I went there. And I’m confident that now that Lyssa farm is gone, all these people will go to Southsun to farm until it’s gone. After that, someone is going to find the next best place, whether that is in Malchor or FSG.

So Anet, your never-ending battle against people who want to be efficient and farm is a lost cause. You can keep nerfing these events to the ground until you end up with a bunch of events in end-game zones that are not rewarding anymore. Suddenly, new players will look around them at seasoned players and want to get all their shiny weapons and armor. But when they try and do events, they wonder how in the world can they afford that stuff? When loot drops are scarce?

(continued)

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Very Disappointed

Vol.5241

(…continued)

Arenanet, I really want to give this game a few more years, and I will say now that of course I will not quit. But at this rate I cannot enjoy logging in and doing events that are not rewarding. MMOs are supposed to be FUN, yes. But FUN can mean different things to people. And I’m very confident that people find being rewarded FUN. So here is my suggestion in order for you to keep that playerbase that ENJOYS farming and ENJOYS being rewarded for their time

1.) Stop nerfing events – I don’t know what your motives are for nerfing them – perhaps to get players to do other content? Perhaps to encourage people to be less wealthy in-game and get encouraged to spend on the shop? I don’t know, but it’s a losing cause since it’s a natural thing for MMOs.

2.) Make the whole map rewarding. There is a reason why the earlier zones are dead. They are not rewarding! If it were only possible to make 100% of the drops in those zones equal to your level then people would play there! I’d play there!

3.) Make events more rewarding loot-wise – If we players had knowledge of several events across the map that were rewarding to farm, I’m sure many would do it. I’d do it. There comes a point where one event gets too saturated with players that it isn’t rewarding anymore.

4.) Get rid of those silly mobs that don’t drop loot. I don’t know whose idea it was to change the loot table of spiderlings to 0, but it was a dumb move. You spend a minute beating on a veteran, maybe 2 on a champ spider, only to have 5 little spiderlings come out and pull you across the ground. And you try and dodge and fight them off and end up with zero loot? That is NOT fun!

In closing, Arenanet, please do the smart thing and stop making things less rewarding in this game. You have a great game that justifies the sales but you are just souring on those players who have been with you since August.

tldr: Stop nerfing farming since it’s a player choice, farmers will just find the next best thing. Next thing you know, all events are nerfed to the ground and nothing end-game wise will be rewarding.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I’ve been to malchor’s leap today to get the farmers away from there. What kind of impression do you think you give a new player when he goes to finish a temple event to buy his first ever pair of exotics and gets chased away by people swearing at him, because they want the event not completed and the temple not open so that they could continue getting sweet lootz?
If you want to farm go and do it in places where it doesn’t affect other players or ruin our world. Like the easy to run dungeon paths or go and kill mobs somewhere in the open world. Do not stop events from progressing and do not try to stop people completing them.

Now there’s close to 20 events in the world that give you a guaranteed rare (see ecto and yellow prices – those are falling because of easy to get rares and rewarding world events) the same events have a high chance to drop a unique exotic or a precursor.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

I kinda agreed with Vol, tough Mirta has a strong poin too.
Anyway, GW2 is the most unrewarding mmo ever, to the point that 99% of the loots are just little more than junk.

Very Disappointed

Posted by: void.6705

void.6705

Vol I am with you on this. very frustrated with how they continue to change this game people want options farming is an option some people enjoy from time to time!

Very Disappointed

Posted by: void.6705

void.6705

I’ve been to malchor’s leap today to get the farmers away from there. What kind of impression do you think you give a new player when he goes to finish a temple event to buy his first ever pair of exotics and gets chased away by people swearing at him, because they want the event not completed and the temple not open so that they could continue getting sweet lootz?
If you want to farm go and do it in places where it doesn’t affect other players or ruin our world. Like the easy to run dungeon paths or go and kill mobs somewhere in the open world. Do not stop events from progressing and do not try to stop people completing them.

Now there’s close to 20 events in the world that give you a guaranteed rare (see ecto and yellow prices – those are falling because of easy to get rares and rewarding world events) the same events have a high chance to drop a unique exotic or a precursor.

Mitra the farmers couldn’t stop people from running events why do you continue to say that? And anyone at the lyssa temple isn’t a new player buy that point..

Now is yelling at another player because they want to do an event is wrong I will agree there but some of the things you said are really blown out of proportion.

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

I have yet to see people swearing at others trying to complete that event. Not saying it doesn’t or can’t happen but generalizing farmers as ravenous, rude and foaming at the mouth is just ridiculous and flat out false….few of us are actually like that. Farmers are always willing to stop what they are doing, even is that means missing out of some loot to rez a downed player.

No on is stopping anything from happening.

(edited by Amun Ra.6435)

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The funny bit is, when I played Guild Wars 1, the loot was, for the most part, equally unrewarding. I mean you’d do a dungeon and you’d get these yellow drops (which we called gold drops) and they’d be worthless. You could get some coin by selling them as unidentified golds for people who were working on their wisdom title, but basically, they were worthless.

It would get to the point after a while where nothing that dropped really meant anything unless it was a black or white dye….or an ecto if you were in the underworld. Or a lock pick.

Guild Wars 1 wasn’t really a loot based game, and neither is Guild Wars 2.

Very Disappointed

Amun Ra.6435

But have to say I agree with you 100% Vol. I am literally the last of my group of friends to stick to this game…I really love this game. But it does seem that Anet seem hell bent of alienating what I guess is a fairly large portion of its population.

Anet…how do you think it feels that we hear how good TP traders do, gold wise, all the while you are nerfing every single avenue of gold making us farmers use?

(edited by Amun Ra.6435)

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

I was just going to start my own thread, when I found this one. I fully agree with the OP.

The event at lyssa could be finished at any given time by one or two people. No matter how many farmers where there. The fact that farmers told people doing the event to ‘kitten off’ and cursed at them in all kinds of ways was wrong and disgusting – but there is the ‘report for verbal abuse’ option, isn’t there? There is no legitimate reason to take away every single farming spot in game.

What about those ridiculously high priced T6 mats? How about ridiculously high priced rare drops like precursors? How are people supposed to afford purchasing all this stuff from the TP, when they are not allowed to farm for gold?! Or mats, which is what most people farmed lyssa for btw. Seriously? And it was not the only thing in Malchor’s that has been changed/nerfed by the way. It seems like they overall got rid of all farmable events. Why?! Because some people complained about people farming?

Do it, or don’t do it. It should be everybodys choice. It’s impossible to achieve a lot of goals in GW2 if you are prohibited from farming gold and/or T6 mats. I am SO disappointed with this choice. If you are taking away all farming options, at least find a way to balance prices on the TP in return. You can’t do one without the other and call that ‘balancing the game’.

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Vayne it was different for me, I loved doing the dungeons and always felt rewarded. Especially when it was the daily, even when I got a green drop ( worth 1k) from the chest my heart beat a little faster and the one and only time I got a froggy sceptre in Bogroots I almost had a heart attack. Sadly it was crappy stats but still had fun selling in Spamadan.

Very Disappointed

Mirta.5029

I have yet to see people swearing at others trying to complete that event. Not saying it doesn’t or can’t happen but generalize farmers as ravenous, rude and foaming at the mouth is just ridiculous and flat out false….few of us are actually like that. Farmers are always willing to stop what they are doing, even is that means missing out of some loot to rez a downed player.

I had to listen today how in real life I must be working in Mcdonnalds, how I’m a worthless human being and how dare I interrupt their farm? I also had them say to me that they’ll going to stand there and watch me die to Lyssa now, that they will not help and therefore will prevent my event from being completed. They also tried to pull mobs on me.
Yes, they do do that. Events should not be farmed.

And anyone at the lyssa temple isn’t a new player buy that point..

Malchor’s leap is 75 to 80. I’ve been helping a guy to get trough dungeons. He was completely new. Got to level 80 in 5 days. And yes, he got his exotics off temples.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Very Disappointed

Vayne.8563

Vayne it was different for me, I loved doing the dungeons and always felt rewarded. Especially when it was the daily, even when I got a green drop ( worth 1k) from the chest my heart beat a little faster and the one and only time I got a froggy sceptre in Bogroots I almost had a heart attack. Sadly it was crappy stats but still had fun selling in Spamadan.

But realistically how often did you get a green drop that was worth 1k. Surely you remember doing dungeons and just getting a gold drop that was worth crap. For every ten dunegons you did, maybe you go one decent drop. That was it.

In later days, once the HoM calculator was out, at least the onyx and diamonds were worth something but most of the yellow drops and even most of the green drops become worthless. There were so many green drops you had to merch because no one wanted them. Cyndr’s Heart anyone?

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Timothy.7204

Timothy.7204

I agree with the poster of this thread. Its like this game is being run by totally different people than when the game first came out. I honestly think it is.

I haven’t played much anymore, but I have noticed the lack of loot, in order to make any money selling to a merchant. Its almost non existent anymore. I literally makes me not want to play this game again.

Its become one of those games where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, in terms of game wealth.

Very Disappointed

Amun Ra.6435

I have yet to see people swearing at others trying to complete that event. Not saying it doesn’t or can’t happen but generalize farmers as ravenous, rude and foaming at the mouth is just ridiculous and flat out false….few of us are actually like that. Farmers are always willing to stop what they are doing, even is that means missing out of some loot to rez a downed player.

I had to listen today how in real life I must be working in Mcdonnalds, how I’m a worthless human being and how dare I interrupt their farm? I also had them say to me that they’ll going to stand there and watch me die to Lyssa now, that they will not help and therefore will prevent my event from being completed. They also tried to pull mobs on me.
Yes, they do do that. Events should not be farmed.

Like I said I wasn’t saying it doesn’t happen or can’t happen…I think THOSE people who resort to those tactics hurt the game…report them when this happens. But in my experience farmers are helpful and nice.

Like in any game or part of this game….there will always be bad eggs.

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

What this game needs is to reward players based on what they do, not on killing. What I mean by this is events across the board need to be more rewarding for players. The rares are a nice introduction, but more events need to have those type of drops. I do 90% of the meta events that give a rare chest a day and I haven’t gotten an exotic in over a week. If it was more efficent to do an event rather than killing mobs over and over again, this game would be so different. Make the coin bonuses better. 1s and 50c is enough to pay for 1/2 of a waypoint change. With ridiculous TP prices for players who dont farm (items worth more than 20g), give players who actually don’t farm better rewards.

Take the Champions of the Elder Dragons. I’m killing a freaken huge dragon. A dragon that is owned by a Elder Dragon, practically the harbingers of destruction. What do I get? Some blues, greens, one rare. Sometimes two if I’m lucky. The exotic drop rate on the bonus chest needs to be increased by a lot. The coin rewards needs to be tripled for meta events, doubled for regulars. Honestly, 3s should be the min reward for an event. I’m close to say 10s for finishing an entire meta event.

Overall this whole situation is one big pile of messed up design. The game’s TP really only caters to people who flip the TP or farm. The developers don’t want there to be farming spots because farming is something they dont want in the game. However, the games economy still sucks for non farmers and the rewards suck for non farmers. 500g precursors? Some weapons just cost 100g? Most of this is designed by the mats that are need to afford them.

Very Disappointed

Paul.4081

But realistically how often did you get a green drop that was worth 1k. Surely you remember doing dungeons and just getting a gold drop that was worth crap. For every ten dunegons you did, maybe you go one decent drop. That was it.

In later days, once the HoM calculator was out, at least the onyx and diamonds were worth something but most of the yellow drops and even most of the green drops become worthless. There were so many green drops you had to merch because no one wanted them. Cyndr’s Heart anyone?

Thing is I enjoyed doing them, when it was the daily double win. I’d help someone who hadn’t done it with my heroes or if there was Rraggars (spellcheck) with Guild/Alliance I’d go. I don’t feel that in this game.

In GW I could slowly save up for skins etc. if I tried that with a legendary or some weapons on the TP, I’d be here till doomsday and with nothing fun like pugging being an option, what to do.

In GW’s I used to add people to my friends all the time when we done mid-range difficult dungeons on HM. Wanna know how many players I’ve added to my friends list in GW2…….none.

I’m not sure if that’s because I’ve become over complacent with my Guild or the fact that I can’t just pug with randoms and make friends.

(edited by Paul.4081)

Very Disappointed

Vayne.8563

Thing is I enjoyed doing them, when it was the daily double win. I’d help someone who hadn’t done it with my heroes or if there was Rraggars (spellcheck) with Guild/Alliance I’d go. I don’t feel that in this game.

In GW I could slowly save up for skins etc. if I tried that with a legendary or some weapons on the TP, I’d be here till doomsday and with nothing fun like pugging being an option, what to do.

At the 10 month mark in Guild Wars 1, something like Obby armor was almost completely out of everyone’s reach. In two, three years time, the times you’re talking about, the whole situation will be different.

In vanilla Prophecies, money was very hard to come by.

Very Disappointed

Paul.4081

At the 10 month mark in Guild Wars 1, something like Obby armor was almost completely out of everyone’s reach. In two, three years time, the times you’re talking about, the whole situation will be different.

I never played the vanilla (first game was GW/EotN thing), I was too busy being a sucker on games like Flyff at the time

Very Disappointed

Vayne.8563

I never played the vanilla (first game was GW/EotN thing), I was too busy being a sucker on games like Flyff at the time

This is my usual point. People are comparing this game to Guild Wars 1 after Guild Wars 1 had three games and an expansion. As MMOs age everything becomes easier to get, and there’s more stuff to get.

I think the reason things are harder to get early on is because that replaces content that can’t exist because there’s not enough time for it TO exist. So the company makes it harder to get things and some people don’t like that. Maybe those people will leave the game.

But I’d be happy to wager that more people will leave a game after they get everything they want than those people who have stuff to work towards.

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

1k in half a year? I’m sorry but no game is worth that much money. Let’s say I bought a game for 100 (deluxe edition) with a monthly sub of 15 per month. That 280 in a year. It’s no wonder that companies are switching to this horrid micro transaction game shop because people like you are shoveling the dough into them.

Also about farming. You’re semi right. It is a player’s choice to farm or not but at the same time the game can be designed to depend on people farming or it can be designed to not require farming. ANet doesn’t want a game that requires its player base to have to farm. Unfortunately NCSoft is notorious for heavy use of RNG and a heavy amounts of farming (Aion anyone…).

Although Aion is an example of how a gaming company caters to its masses by filling the hole created by the gambling laws that exist over yonder. Where the top gear is awarded to the lucky. Then you get some of these people complaining about “instant gratification” and that they had to “work for their gear”. Ignoring that they got it on blind luck and all too often you have people who have been trying to get it for 2 or 3 times longer (thus putting in 2 or 3 times the effort) with nothing to show for it.

So I say, yes there should be automatic rewards for completing something. It is then up to the developers to make the value of the reward reflect the difficulty and length of the task. GW2 just seems to fail a little bit here.

Whether or not farming is good or bad depends on what’s being farmed. If you are farming materials and selling them to other people, then this isn’t that bad. Since it is only materials you are getting, you are not generating any new gold into the economy since you are selling the materials to other people. This simply causes gold to change from player to player but doesn’t generate any new gold. It also helps keep the prices of materials down with enough people putting it up for sale.

If you were farming materials and selling the materials to npc merchants or if you were farming gold, then this is indeed bad. It inflates the economy and it gets to the point where the majority of players can’t afford the majority of what’s available unless they too farm for gold. Yet the majority that find themselves in the position of having to farm in the first place are unlikely to want to farm (or else they would’ve been doing it from the start). So now you have a play style of some forcing the rest to have to do the same.

Honestly, I don’t see how anyone can bare playing the same 10 min of content or killing the same dozen mobs over and over for hours on end. Hell, there have been times when I fell asleep at the keyboard while working on my map exploration.

Very Disappointed

Paul.4081

This is my usual point. People are comparing this game to Guild Wars 1 after Guild Wars 1 had three games and an expansion. As MMOs age everything becomes easier to get, and there’s more stuff to get.

I think the reason things are harder to get early on is because that replaces content that can’t exist because there’s not enough time for it TO exist. So the company makes it harder to get things and some people don’t like that. Maybe those people will leave the game.

But I’d be happy to wager that more people will leave a game after they get everything they want than those people who have stuff to work towards.

For me the obtainable becomes the impossible though. I got all I wanted in GW’s and the game should have the learned from the first game in total of the whole experience. In GW2 it’s just too many hoops for me, I still play the game with alt’s but feel excluded from many things I could achieve in the first game by comparison, if that makes sense.

Very Disappointed

Vayne.8563

For me the obtainable becomes the impossible though. I got all I wanted in GW’s and the game should have the learned from the first game in total of the whole experience. In GW2 it’s just too many hoops for me, I still play the game with alt’s but feel excluded from many things I could achieve in the first game by comparison, if that makes sense.

But you didn’t play the game at 10 months. You don’t know how far out of reach that stuff would have seen had you played then. There’s a lot of stuff when I started playing Guild Wars 1 that I felt were completely out of reach…but eventually they weren’t.

If you hang around or come back later, the same situation will exist here. Nothing I said is changed by what you said.

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Let’s get back to agreeing that taking the farm spots out of the game is not, what we like to see and keep this thread on topic…I am hoping for a lot of people to agree so that maybe something good happens for once

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

The behavior of anyone cursing at you is disgusting and they should be banned for it but Anet has created this environment with the poor game rewards just like Blizzard has created the nastiest mmo community in any mmo in WOW by allowing people to abuse each other.

You should report them and I hope they get banned but Anet is also responsible for this behavior because of their greed for pushing people to play this game the way want them to and giving very bad rewards and not allowing farming.

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Want farming?

http://www.farming-simulator.com/

There ya go. Farm away.

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

Agreed with the OP.

Now the ironic part, CoF 1 farm stays untouched for over 6 months.

Very Disappointed

Drew.1865

This isn’t GW1 so people should stop expecting it to be.

Very Disappointed

Paul.4081

But you didn’t play the game at 10 months. You don’t know how far out of reach that stuff would have seen had you played then. There’s a lot of stuff when I started playing Guild Wars 1 that I felt were completely out of reach…but eventually they weren’t.

If you hang around or come back later, the same situation will exist here. Nothing I said is changed by what you said.

I get what you’re saying (I think), but we can’t disregard the learning curve of the actual game and rewards. Did GW change for the worse (excluding shadow form or Ursan) or were the drop rates ever so brutally nerfed that people left because of them? The granted chests for world events seem to say that people felt unrewarded.

Very Disappointed

Paul.4081

Yeah, sorry my bad. After almost religiously getting my 50/50, you are probably right (zero sarcasm)

Very Disappointed

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

What people don’t seem to grasp is that because of the existence of an open TP, making farming ‘easier’ will not improve their lot in the slightest. Unless you’re farming for a specific item (and let’s be honest, that’s pretty rare) it makes no difference how easy or hard it is to farm, because the market’ll adjust itself either way. When items are easy to farm, you’ll make less gold per hour and buy items at cheaper prices. When items are hard to farm, you’ll make more gold per hour and buy items at expensive prices. It’s a wash.

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

man i spent so much gold in getting my guardian from level 0 – 80 on crafting to farm ML so i can make my legendary, now that ML is gone, guess i’ll have to kiss that legendary good by

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I’m an open world “farmer” myself, that pretty much what I do the majority of time, but I don’t disagree with the lyssa nerf. One time I was in Malchor’s gathering materials, and seen some people outright lie to people exploring the area trying to do the event, claiming that it was bugged. I know it was only a few people saying those kinds of things, and most were just trying to make a little gold, but I believe the lyssa farm was unhealthy to the games community.

On the other hand, as a “farmer”, I do think we could use some better farm areas that will spread us out in the world.

- Add more reasonable places in mid level zones for us to farm cores for instance, and very slightly increase the drop rate on them.

- put an area in game where sparks, and other lodestone dropping elementals spawn more frequently, and aren’t so spaced out.(sparks) If you’re a farmer, I think you might know why I said this about sparks, lol

- provide a way for us to gain access to level 80 skritt, centaurs, inquest, and sons in open world. Perhaps after your server reaches a certain objective in WvW, for the next 4 hours or so, those mobs will spawn in select open world areas. This will also give open world PvE’rs somewhat of a reason to WvW.

etc

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Very Disappointed

Drew.1865

Yeah, sorry my bad. After almost religiously getting my 50/50, you are probably right (zero sarcasm)

I didn’t mean that in a nasty way. I have gathered from many GW1 players that post here and elsewhere that the first game is far better. Not only is GW2 a different game but it seems Anet is a completely different company and not for the better.

Very Disappointed

Drew.1865

man i spent so much gold in getting my guardian from level 0 – 80 on crafting to farm ML so i can make my legendary, now that ML is gone, guess i’ll have to kiss that legendary good by

What is ML?

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Rooks Zaer.5846

Rooks Zaer.5846

How else are they going to corral you into converting cash into gold and buying what you need off the TP if they don’t keep up with the loot nerfs?

Very Disappointed

Paul.4081

I didn’t mean that in a nasty way. I have gathered from many GW1 players that post here and elsewhere that the first game is far better. Not only is GW2 a different game but it seems Anet is a completely different company and not for the better.

I never took it as a nasty reply

In my humblies GW was more fun to me, but have gotten my moneys worth from GW2 it just lacks the longevity that GW1 offered.

(edited by Paul.4081)

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Boyd.5438

Boyd.5438

if you guys really feel so strongly about this, you guys actually have the power to change things. stop farming. kill the tp. inflate everything till the point of impossible. when its at breaking point, there will be a solution

we have been ringed @ the nose like a farm cow by anet and the people that call “farming” as an exploit. why not show them what happens if people just plain stop doing farming?? let them farm their own stuff. let them farm their own gold. make it as if TP or trading NEVER existed.

make it to the point where even when you have gold, the items are not available for purchase

within a month likely it will start to collapse and break apart.

Very Disappointed

Posted by: The Stain.4169

The Stain.4169

The OP’s (Vol) post is a bit long, but sadly I agree.

The nerfing of the farming locations is ruining this game for me. I don’t farm all the time, but when I have 30-45 minutes to waste, and don’t feel like the hassle of putting together a dungeon group, I like to farm. There is something relaxing about the repetition and reward of farming…particularly when I am not in the mood for challenging content.

For Anet to pretend “you’re not supposed to farm in GW2” is disingenuous…everything about the game from the ground up encourages farming, almost demands it, and they know it. I honestly believe the nerfing of all the farming is just an attempt to increase revenue to the Gem shop….nothing more.

I suspect they figure if they lose players who get gold by farming rather than buying gems, what have they lost?

But at any rate, I can definitely feel these changes draining my interest in the game.

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Wow couldnt say it better than myself. I was actually making progress becuase of this farm. It was fun, enjoyable, and it got you mats that are required. But what kitten ing me off the most is that anet will not recoqnize this nerf.

Very Disappointed

Paul.4081

The OP’s (Vol) post is a bit long, but sadly I agree.

The nerfing of the farming locations is ruining this game for me. I don’t farm all the time, but when I have 30-45 minutes to waste, and don’t feel like the hassle of putting together a dungeon group, I like to farm. There is something relaxing about the repetition and reward of farming…particularly when I am not in the mood for challenging content.

For Anet to pretend “you’re not supposed to farm in GW2” is disingenuous…everything about the game from the ground up encourages farming, almost demands it, and they know it. I honestly believe the nerfing of all the farming is just an attempt to increase revenue to the Gem shop….nothing more.

I suspect they figure if they lose players who get gold by farming rather than buying gems, what have they lost?

But at any rate, I can definitely feel these changes draining my interest in the game.

I used to be the same and stopped playing for months, when I returned my drop rates were ok. Prior to that mine were so crap that they were on Tigirius’s level, why I stopped playing in the first place for those months. The magic was lost on the first loot nerf (Nov 15th?), I won’t ever come back in full after that.

Very Disappointed

Vol.5241

1k in half a year? I’m sorry but no game is worth that much money. Let’s say I bought a game for 100 (deluxe edition) with a monthly sub of 15 per month. That 280 in a year. It’s no wonder that companies are switching to this horrid micro transaction game shop because people like you are shoveling the dough into them.

Also about farming. You’re semi right. It is a player’s choice to farm or not but at the same time the game can be designed to depend on people farming or it can be designed to not require farming. ANet doesn’t want a game that requires its player base to have to farm. Unfortunately NCSoft is notorious for heavy use of RNG and a heavy amounts of farming (Aion anyone…).

Although Aion is an example of how a gaming company caters to its masses by filling the hole created by the gambling laws that exist over yonder. Where the top gear is awarded to the lucky. Then you get some of these people complaining about “instant gratification” and that they had to “work for their gear”. Ignoring that they got it on blind luck and all too often you have people who have been trying to get it for 2 or 3 times longer (thus putting in 2 or 3 times the effort) with nothing to show for it.

So I say, yes there should be automatic rewards for completing something. It is then up to the developers to make the value of the reward reflect the difficulty and length of the task. GW2 just seems to fail a little bit here.

Whether or not farming is good or bad depends on what’s being farmed. If you are farming materials and selling them to other people, then this isn’t that bad. Since it is only materials you are getting, you are not generating any new gold into the economy since you are selling the materials to other people. This simply causes gold to change from player to player but doesn’t generate any new gold. It also helps keep the prices of materials down with enough people putting it up for sale.

If you were farming materials and selling the materials to npc merchants or if you were farming gold, then this is indeed bad. It inflates the economy and it gets to the point where the majority of players can’t afford the majority of what’s available unless they too farm for gold. Yet the majority that find themselves in the position of having to farm in the first place are unlikely to want to farm (or else they would’ve been doing it from the start). So now you have a play style of some forcing the rest to have to do the same.

Honestly, I don’t see how anyone can bare playing the same 10 min of content or killing the same dozen mobs over and over for hours on end. Hell, there have been times when I fell asleep at the keyboard while working on my map exploration.

$1k is nothing. I actually spent $5k on a F2P game several years ago. Funny enough, I got scammed and lost all of it :P. Some people spend money in different ways, and if $1K on a game makes me happy, then so be it. Some people spend thousands on a two day vacation, or on a bathroom renovation that doesn’t need renovating, or several thousands on a BMW when a Mini Cooper is good enough.

“Also about farming. You’re semi right. It is a player’s choice to farm or not but at the same time the game can be designed to depend on people farming or it can be designed to not require farming. ANet doesn’t want a game that requires its player base to have to farm. "

See this is where I would put the difference between farming and grinding. Grinding is doing the same thing because you are required to. Farming is because you want to. Lucky enough, this game is not based on the stats of gears, so you are not forced to grind for that end-game armor since there are so many other alternatives to get them. Karma, badges, forge, NPC’s, e.t.c.
And whether Anet likes it or not, even when they design a system where farming is not required, people will want to farm. Because there are people who want that particular item faster than others.

The only possible way to get rid of farming is to give players fixed rewards or tokens that will reward everyone equally. You could think of them as the laurel system we have. Imagine if this game did not have gold, or karma, or any other common currency, but just laurels. Everyday you get 1 laurel and you can use that 1 laurel on 1 item. That will prevent farming. But that is not fun. And that’s why farming will always exist in MMOs.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Boyd.5438

Boyd.5438

urm.. its not about grinding anymore or farming mate. its now more like saying “DO NOT PvE”

look at launch.. look at now. its totally different. most people i know dont farm anymore. they only wvw since they have legendaries etc. some just plain quit from the multiple nerf patch.

i dont know how many new peeps come in but the old people i know are mostly gone only rare few are still here. reason is quite simple, drop in gold bars or gtfo. that is the vibe i am getting from anet.

those people that are complaining about the nerfs, soon enough they will get hit by the same issue and regret being such a pain atm.

why am i saying this? cuz ive seen so many. they only change toon names still same person. long ago they complain they cant this and that, 3 months down the road they say “ kitten i wish that event still exist”.

its a constant cycle. some rich peeps or those that already have stocked up on everything will come in and talk like a boss since they dont have to do it anymore.

if you guys really want a change, do something that affect the whole population/game.

something severe

Very Disappointed

Mirta.5029

if you guys really feel so strongly about this, you guys actually have the power to change things. stop farming. kill the tp. inflate everything till the point of impossible. when its at breaking point, there will be a solution

So you’re saying that I will finally be able to sell my T6 blood for more that 25 silver? Bring it on, you’ll make me rich! ^^

Very Disappointed

Paul.4081

Very Disappointed

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

I don’t think Anet is against farming, not anymore.

I used to think that Anet is against farming, but then here comes the Secret of Southsun Cove, which anet gives you a 24 hours 200% MF boost, and several repeatable and profitable events. It almost feel like Anet want you to farm, happily.

and I have been enjoy my 200% MF boost so far…and those T6 scales and bloods from sharks and skelks.

so maybe, they are just against people intentionally letting Lyssa remain contested so these people can farm all day.

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

(edited by hplee.2839)

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

The exotic drop rate on the bonus chest needs to be increased by a lot.

Wait, the bonus chests can drop exotics? Never seen it happen. I feel lucky if the guaranteed rare is level 80!

The table is a fable.

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Totally agree with OP but I am already at the point where I thinking of just wiping this game off my hard drive. The rewards in the game suck kitten but I keep hanging in there in the hopes that Anet might change their perception of what rewarding is.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

Very Disappointed

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I disagree, I think it does in part include lack of permanent content. Just as much temporary content has been added then permanent content and In such an early MMO, this is killing it. I am in no way saying temporary content is bad, but so early when the game actually has somewhat limited content to begin with, It’s not helping the situation. I want to do the halloween dungeon again, I really enjoyed it, next halloween maybe? while I get involved with another MMO and decide to stay? we all forget how volatile MMO gamers are.

Very Disappointed

Vol.5241

I don’t think Anet is against farming, not anymore.

I used to think that Anet is against farming, but then here comes the Secret of Southsun Cove, which anet gives you a 24 hours 200% MF boost, and several repeatable and profitable events. It almost feel like Anet want you to farm, happily.

and I have been enjoy my 200% MF boost so far…and those T6 scales and bloods from sharks and skelks.

so maybe, they are just against people intentionally letting Lyssa remain contested so these people can farm all day.

It could be, but that doesn’t explain the nerfs to shelt/pen and to grub farm. Not to mention the ridiculousness of lootless spiders.

[Permabanned on Forums]