Mordrem Invasion Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

- There is no real story there (aside from mordrem attack and priory wants some blossoms. I know not so important then the other stuff, but it doesn`t make me care)

I disagree that this is not as important as the other points you make, on the contrary it is far more important than just about anything else, and yet constantly neglected.

GW2 is an online virtual world, it needs to be immersive and internally consistent, otherwise the fact that behind the scenes it is a set of relatively simple calculations is far too obvious.

Tyria needs to be presented as a plausible place filled with believable and likeable/dislikable characters dealing with interesting events. That presentation is crucial to the whole experience, if it is lacking (and oh boy is it lacking in this mordrem invasion thing) then as you say, there is no reason to care.

In this case its a lose/lose – people who are motivated only by the rewards are angry because they require so much time spent on boring gameplay, and for the rest of us there is literally no reason whatsoever to do these events.

Ive played them for 20 minutes to see what it was, and now that I know I will not be participating further.

Posted by: chrisnx.1674

chrisnx.1674

When i would be a F2P player:
Seriously: WHY should I do this crap events?
I get
NO Karma
NO Gold
NO Exp
zero to nothing blooms.

And for the sake of the legit ones who do the event from start to the end, they are rewarded with nothing because they get no stacks.
Yesterday i did it the legit way, i got about 9 stacks, and seriously, i’m looking more often on the map then doing the event. Today i did it the ‘hit and run’ way, et voila – 14 stacks..
You reward the people for skipping.
The f2p people gain no exp, no karma and no gold, why should they do the event for nothing? and the cost of the items is just a pain in the a.. You’ve to grind the whole four days.

Guys hire a new event designer, or don’t know just get this crap event out of it..

Posted by: Etienne.3049

Etienne.3049

This event is absolutely horrible.

Bad things about this event:
The events get repetative real fast, each might be good to do 2-3 times but you’ve got to do each 7 or so times per map to get max rewards.
The rewards are far too low/prices far too high or a combination of these.
There’s a daily part to the reward. To me daily rewards just seem like “we couldn’t be bothered to balance these probably so we’re going to limit them by real world time so the effect on the economy won’t be too big”.
The only way to get the top reward (I wanted to say a decent reward, but really, it isn’t) is to just tag events and move on.
There’s no way to see on the map whether you’d be on time to another event, so you waypoint somewhere in the area, run to the event, and see the last enemy die at 1500 range.
30 minute break between events, which is too long to wait and to short to do much else in this game.
And of course the bug at the start that reminded me of the quality of season 1 (where it was best not to play on the day of release).

Good things about this event:

Normally I wouldn’t post this in a thread called constructive feedback, but everything will get merged into here anyway.
The only constructive feedback I can give is the following advice:
The next time you design an event think, is any part of it even remotely like the Mordremoth Invasion event, if the answer is yes change it untill it isn’t.

(edited by Etienne.3049)

Posted by: Voluptus.3509

Voluptus.3509

Morning after feedback… not about loot.

Sorry if this is repetitive but I can’t read 7 pages of posts before starting the day, no matter how much I want to.

1) XP. New players have lowbies for mains… lowbies that they’re trying to level. This event is going to suck up hours and hours of their time but they’re supposed to willingly do this without making one iota of progress toward leveling their characters?

Ah, no.

This morning my gf said she came away from the event feeling “depressed” because all this time she was looking forward to leveling her lowbie alts right there with the new players in this.

I expect this to be fixed before dinner time GMT because ANET is going to show all the new players that ANET, unlike some other companies, consistently responds with action when things like this and the loot issue happen. This responsiveness is perhaps the most important thing new players need to learn about GW2 from all this.

2) Scaling. It seems to scale somewhat but not nearly enough. This is why people are complaining that things die too quickly and that they can’t run from event to event fast enough.

I tried to two man an event and got eaten on my 80 main ele and the other person with me was also on an 80. It was a LOT tougher than 2 people trying to retake a fort in Silverwastes, which I’ve done many times.

Yet when 15 people come along they rip through the event like it was nothing. The mobs melt like butter. I think it should stay impossible for 2 people to do an event but it clearly needs to be scaled. A lot.

New people aren’t going to get a feel for anything if the mobs evaporate before they can even get in a hit or if the players themselves get slaughtered before they can figure out what to do.

3) Reward vendor. If this is for new players then why do so many of the rewards require gold that new players clearly, obviously, aren’t going to have?

Did you want them to look at the coolest stuff and come away feeling teased by the cool stuff they can’t get or frustrated that it’s impossible for them to come up with 10 gold?

I’m sure this will be fixed too. Quickly. As a way to show new players how responsive ANET is when things don’t go as smoothly as the company, and the players, would have liked.

That’s all for now. Maybe I’ll think of more after coffee…

Posted by: phirefox.2568

phirefox.2568

My Feedback is a bit biased, due to the potato of a laptop that i use to play this game (meaning lowest settings, including subsample and lowest resolution – without stretching the screen, so i literally got some small viewport sorrounded by a large black frame when i play it in fullscreen).

• Attacking and destroying the Shield Blossom, Creature Spawners, Throwing Bombs, Building Catapults and killing Mordrem while the Spawners are up does not seem to grant you a stack after the Event is over. Tested this multiple times already, and never got something out of it. That makes it kinda unfair for those people that actually do the events as opposed to the “leechers” arriving at the last minute.
  • So far only attacking the Mobs marked with Swords proved to grant me a stack after the Event is over. This, however, comes with a set of Problems:
    • The Mobs die too fast.
      • Chances are good that they spawn too far away from you (the event area is kinda large) → they die before you are in range.
      • The Terrain may induce tons of LoS issues. You can be almost in firing range, when your target suddenly decides to “dash” behind a hill or some Tree → they die before you can get off a hit.
      • For low-end-PC users: the models rarely get rendered, and even if they do, selecting it with the mouse becomes impossible due to all the green names and players bodyblocking them. TAB targeting tends to select [i]anything else (even with the mordremmob being directly in front of you), so it doesn’t work that way either.
  • Well, low-end-PC-users are at a disatvantage here in general – the wide spread of those Events leads to frequent WPing, which leads to loading Screens. Many, Long loading Screens. Can’t hold that against a-net though, since it was MY decision to play the game on this computer.

The Rewards seemed to have been fixed though

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

It costs more to participate in, (waypoint jumping if you want any chance at blooms) and is less rewarding than the side quests that you work through out of sheer boredom while waiting for the next spawn. Totally terrible design and a nasty impression to give any newcomers as far as showcasing quest design.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

- There is no real story there (aside from mordrem attack and priory wants some blossoms. I know not so important then the other stuff, but it doesn`t make me care)

I disagree that this is not as important as the other points you make, on the contrary it is far more important than just about anything else, and yet constantly neglected.

GW2 is an online virtual world, it needs to be immersive and internally consistent, otherwise the fact that behind the scenes it is a set of relatively simple calculations is far too obvious.

Tyria needs to be presented as a plausible place filled with believable and likeable/dislikable characters dealing with interesting events. That presentation is crucial to the whole experience, if it is lacking (and oh boy is it lacking in this mordrem invasion thing) then as you say, there is no reason to care.

In this case its a lose/lose – people who are motivated only by the rewards are angry because they require so much time spent on boring gameplay, and for the rest of us there is literally no reason whatsoever to do these events.

Ive played them for 20 minutes to see what it was, and now that I know I will not be participating further.

Ah, don`t get me wrong.
Story is important, however so are working mechanics.

The problem here is that the story here is just basic: Mordrem attack, priory is there to investigate, the end.

So there is a story. Not a good one, but there is.

The other parts are more flawed and rooted deeper. It is just not a fun event and totaly misses the point for new players.

If we talk story, the basic stuff is in favour of the new players, who don`t really know what is going on at this point.

However if we talk veteran players, this event is, as you have said, forgetable.
Four days of random mordrem encounters, taken from the pile of premade events, that can be found everywhere.

This is nothing more than a cheap failed attempt of an promotional event, which makes me in fact a bit more scared about HoT, instead of hopefull.

I still don`t own HoT for several reasons and while I will buy at at some point, I hope they come out with a bit more reassuring stuff in the future.

(However yeah, I am more a story type of guy)

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

I’d advise having someone who can do maths be part of the design reward team so they can calculate what would the the maximum tokens you could obtain and see how it fairs against all the possible rewards you could obtain.

As it is, it’s just insane. Did the guy who come up with the WvW achievements take part in this? Cause it looks like the same handiwork.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Again you will have ONE reward Item from the trader after you finished the whole event in 4 days nonstop farming!

Just a few posts ago you said this was impossible even if one were to farm 24 hours per day, every day of the event. Now you say it is possible. Which is it?

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

The rewards for these events are way out of balance for the time and effort that goes into them. I don’t need anything the bloom merchants offer, so I’m not saying this because I can’t get the prizes I want. This is a grind, it takes away from other areas of the game, and will drive new players away.
+1 to raise the bloom rewards, at the least.

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

I think that worldscale events should not have their reward system revolving around individual deeds, but around the guild’s deeds.
Making rewards individual is disproportionate compared to the scale of the events.

Making every member of a guild who share the same map get the same rewards, will allow them to split throughout the map to divide the task.
That way, people won’t necessarly feel the need to quick tag every event, and disappear before the event ends.

It would also truely help Anet’s intent to somehow make guilds useful and help the newcomers.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

My take on it is.

ANet has forgotten how to have fun.

They are designing events that are grind fests with low rewards. Even their holidays are grind fests. Instead of holiday related events that happen once a year and you get a different Holliday hat each year or something for doing them, it’s endlessly running around killing things to get the loot. Or no loot now as the case seems to be.

Since they’ve forgotten how to have fun, they think that grinding these events for hours over the days to get enough to tokens to BUY one reward with gold is fun.

It’s not. It’s really not.

Not only is the grind incredible and the rewards meager but they’ve completely cut the new players out of getting anything nice. The new players don’t have the dps, the waypoints, and they for sure can’t afford the gold cost of buying even if they do get enough tokens. What are they supposed to do, grind for the blossoms and then get nothing from the vendor? Who thought of this?

It’s like the devs designed the rewards with a calculator where their heart should be. Thinking first of the economy. Thinking, “how much of a gold sink can this event be”, when they should have been thinking, “how much fun can this event be?”

Agreed 100%
I just can’t see how any sane person could call this reward structure fun.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: pandora.8475

pandora.8475

Unfortunately, the event is a dismal failure, 30 minutes of nonstop mob tagging to get up to 15 blooms for 30 minutes of work, followed by a break of 30 minutes that people use to go afk for any reason or go to lions arch. No one cares about new players, even to the point where I think new players are avoiding the areas because they are getting a cluster mess with the blobs of people an event that’s 1 too difficult to get credit in, or 2 to difficult to survive through. So all it’s come down to is people grinding for their rewards which they won’t get cause the event is still broken.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

You forget players who just started having to cough up several gold for rewards that offfer noting to gameplay..

After 14 days the casual has 2 maybe 5 gold? having nop clue what top do and trying to grab WP’s in area’s where he /she should do events..

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

When i would be a F2P player:
Seriously: WHY should I do this crap events?
I get
NO Karma
NO Gold
NO Exp
zero to nothing blooms.

And for the sake of the legit ones who do the event from start to the end, they are rewarded with nothing because they get no stacks.
Yesterday i did it the legit way, i got about 9 stacks, and seriously, i’m looking more often on the map then doing the event. Today i did it the ‘hit and run’ way, et voila – 14 stacks..
You reward the people for skipping.
The f2p people gain no exp, no karma and no gold, why should they do the event for nothing? and the cost of the items is just a pain in the a.. You’ve to grind the whole four days.

Guys hire a new event designer, or don’t know just get this crap event out of it..

+1, The Blooms isnt really the biggest problem, this is, Blooms anet could WANT to be really hard to get, so players cant buy everything easily….

But no Exp, karma, loot, gold along with 30min to non stop events, Wping costs, 1g-10g items and 30min of waiting around is just hideous to this game.

There is not a strong enough word that I know in order to say how bad this event is.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Arok Vaar.6758

Arok Vaar.6758

Apart from the usual problem of balance of reward vs effort on a limited time event. I would like anet to use thier event medal coding in a more useful fashion.

Lets take this mordem invasion event for example. limted time+ limted rewards+ wait time+ price of some items too ridiculous(potions)- all these in themselves combine to be a probelmatic mix. It is no wonder a lot of players tag different events and not really join the group effort at the events. Is this wrong? – nope not with the way it currently is.

It would be nice if Anet had used thier medal coding for events- bronze, silver and gold and linked it to the buffs players got. so bronze got 1 buff or just some silver; silver got 1 or 2 buffs; and .. gold got 2 or 3 buffs. this would motivate some players to go for silver or gold at slower and faster events and reduce tagging. the code is alrdy there to show participation at events. It could have been used to better the event implementation.

P.S.: not chking this post for typos. But knowing me i am sure there will be some. i apologise for any

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There are many issues with this event and new players

- many have no idea whats going and think this event is normal part of the game
- those particpating cant earn the rewards due to high bloom and gold reqs
- map chat is somewhat unsavoury
- its hard for lowbies to navigate the map now
- vets can kill mordrem with ease. However they are too hard for new players

If this was meant to bring vets and new players together, tighten the community, advertise HoT and give guilds a platform, it hasnt succeeded in that endeavour.

Posted by: Gohnac.3641

Gohnac.3641

/Sign…………..

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

You forget players who just started having to cough up several gold for rewards that offfer noting to gameplay..

After 14 days the casual has 2 maybe 5 gold? having nop clue what top do and trying to grab WP’s in area’s where he /she should do events..

I can’t recall what event it was but this was the same thing last time, when the event occured it was a gold sink a new players back then were pretty much left out. I wonder which event it was. maybe it was when the Moa gambling racing was around…

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Running around spamming AoE when all the veterans are crammed into one zone.
…Wasn’t fun on daily rotations, not fun now.

I’m thankful for the chance to get some of the items I wanted back in Season 1, even if I have to pay hurtful amounts of gold for it.

But seriously, haven’t the devs learned by now to split the players up?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Hey Arena Net! Do you actually play your own content? Because on what planet is this kind of reward system fair or enjoyable?

No loot from mobs, especially disappointing as we are fighting champions. Few blooms from a long series of events, and no karma or silver for completing those events. And to top it off we have to buy our own rewards with gold.

Thanks for trying Anet but I do not think I will bother, very disappointing indeed.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

What you all suggesting makes sense…so that means Anet won’t do it.

Backward Anet Logic FTW!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I have half a dozen 80s and and am trying to level the remaining classes by HOT (then instaleveling a revenant). The character I am using is in the 50s. I play SW all the time so know how to deal with Mordy’s stuff.

If I am discouraged by this what about new players, especially ones at the minimum suggested level? I still die all the time and have a much higher level and game experience. No xp is also a turnoff to new and/or low-level characters who need all of that they can get.

Posted by: Velarian.6290

Velarian.6290

To hop on the wagon of complaining customers:

My biggest issue with this event this that for max rewards you have to get 20 stacks of the defender buff.
This means that u HAVE to tag events and then move on, not helping to complete it.
This is such a bad design decission.
Arenanet really really shouldnt ENCOURAGE such a behaviour.

Tbh im not that upset about the amount of blossoms you get… 35 per map means over 4 days doing a full circle once u get 420 (i just realize… that would explain a lot! the dev doing this likes… flowers.. a lot it seems?!) and then u have to do 2 more to get a tonic… since it would be awfull if everyone would be running around with a halo that seems about right to me.

Posted by: Macilien.3078

Macilien.3078

There are a few problems I see with this event:

1. The incentive to just tag events and run to the next

You get one stack for each event you participate in whether you just kill a mob or stick with the event to the end. This could be resolved by granting stacks based on your reward level (e.g. 1 for bronze, 3 for silver, 5 for gold) or based on anything else measuring your participation and scale the rewards accordingly.

2. Getting to an event that finishes just before you’re there

When you pick the event you want to go to next you have very little indication of its current progress, so you might not get there before it is done which can be frustrating even without considering the time limit. To help players to estimate whether they get there in time these events could show how long they already are active (i.e. how much time other players had to get there) and how much life the crawler has left (e.g. full life, less than full more than half, less than half).

3. No rewards unless you stay the full time

Once you have passed a certain threshold there is only one thing that can deny you your reward and that is leaving the map (whether voluntarily or not), so why not just hand out the rewards once you’ve passed the threshold? To prevent people abusing this by getting the lowest reward over and over again, let people keep their stacks till the event is over.
In addition by having the thresholds for additional rewards so far apart there is an incentive to just stop doing events after you reached them, so having a system like 1 blossom for x events would give an incentive to do events till the end (e.g. 1 blossom for each event up to 10 stacks, 1 blossom for every 2 events from 11 to 20 stacks, 1 blossom for every 4 events from 21+ stacks).

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

there are still enough threads on this topic

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

“This means that u HAVE to tag events and then move on, not helping to complete it.”

No, what you HAVE to do is not blobbing with 60 other people at the exact same event.
The game have scaling.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

My 3 cent regarding this event and Anet’s way of “improvement”.

Either Anet got inside couple of NCSoft Wannbes, or they’re trained to be one of them.

As it is obvious that Anet is under NCSoft, doesn’t change the fact that even just few years ago you didn’t do kitten stuff that NCSoft does.

Lately you do, and lot of your decisions and work simply shows that you’re becoming more and more like NCSoft – and that’s very bad.

I suggest stopping becoming NCSoft wannabe and follow the path like you used to do many years ago.

Otherwise, even F2P won’t help Gw2.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I played it all wrong last night, I actually stayed and killed everything, when instead I should have tag them and go AFK to watch some tv.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Please do not extend it. It will just reward people that can afford to spend all day playing and discourage the rest of us more. At this point we want it to be done with as fast as possible to get back to other things, like HOT preparations.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Even if they make it go for 2 weeks you still need a min of 18 hours doing the events to get a potion….

Nah, either your maths is fail or you are not aware of the best methods to obtain blooms. It’s just under 7 hours, maybe less if there are other factors im not aware of.

Posted by: hibari.9836

hibari.9836

Very simply, this event could be massively improved simply by giving people a reward chest (like in SW) for every incursion event that they complete as they complete it, and then at the end of the half hour, giving them a bonus chest based on the number of stacks they have amassed.

Yes, people might still lose out if they get DC’d (something that keeps happening to me worse now than ever), but we wouldn’t be losing out on EVERYTHING, so it wouldn’t feel nearly as punishing as it does now.

Timing wise, it would be far better to have a 10 min break at the top of the hour, 20 min of active events, map switch/another 10 min break at the bottom of the hour, another 20 min of active events, etc. Then you could have a half hour break after every cycle through the three maps.

I appreciate wanting to make the top tier rewards difficult to get. I don’t actually see that as a problem. But people should be rewarded for completing events, not just tagging mobs, running off, and playing selfishly. Spreading out the pacing with which rewards are allocated would make a huge improvement and probably improve the tone on event maps, which is really tense and resentful right now.

Just hang around map chat for a brief while and you’ll see how clear it is that very few people are having fun. Personally, I am seriously thinking that I might really want to not play the game this weekend at all.

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

I’m not going to focus on the hours of grind is severely out of touch with rewards gained. I think that’s rather obvious. What I don’t get is how the mastermind (dev/admin) behind this whole event did not realize this. If this was intentional, and not some sort of oversight, this really is a bit insulting to us players.

I get that we are not owed anything and that vet players who have done LS1 before may not need any of the rewards. However, you had your very first opportunity to bring new players and old together. You could have added some fuel to the excitement, but that rather backfired. Instead, new players at these events quickly see the discontent through map chat. New players aren’t stupid either. They can quickly calculate how much time is needed to earn for the more expensive rewards. This is their first big event and if they are F2P, I would you think you would want them to pay for the expansion. After an event like this, I’d be more than hesitant to pay the $$ if this is the trend of events. That leaves a sour taste in an event that could have had the opposite affect.

With the new event it would have been so much better to have loot/champ bags drop from the mobs. Imagine the excitement for new players at receiving loads of champ bags/gold and for us vets pinging the drops in map chat for those more exclusive items we just received. I realize that this event is modeled after Scarlet’s invasion events, and I remember the excitement from players during those events as they got their drops.

You blew it, well done /clap clap clap.

Ultimately, if this isn’t obvious already, players want thier rewards = to time spent. That’s the bottom line. It would have been better IMO to bring back the Crown Pavilion to bring new and vet players together.

Velarian.6290

there are still enough threads on this topic

well from time to time i think its legit to ignore netiquette and being a nice customer to make clear that something really is a bad idea

Velarian.6290

“This means that u HAVE to tag events and then move on, not helping to complete it.”

No, what you HAVE to do is not blobbing with 60 other people at the exact same event.
The game have scaling.

yeah, well, telling all the people in the map to split up und behave intelligent is such an easy task, u r right. and sure u dont have to tag ewvents, justr if u want max rewards, thats true

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Even if they make it go for 2 weeks you still need a min of 18 hours doing the events to get a potion….

But you’d have 2 weeks to do the 18 hours, so it could be more spread out. I would love to have the event last longer than 4 days. At least it would give us something to do for a little while, and would give us time to get more than just one or two of the bigger rewards…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Yeah for a talked up event for new players (and an exciting time to be in a guild cause it’ll be awezomesauce for guildz)
I’ve seen nothing that benefits new players in any way or involves guilds in. any. way.
No idea what these people were tripping on hyping this event up.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: ShaBangBang.9172

ShaBangBang.9172

To hop on the wagon of complaining customers:

My biggest issue with this event this that for max rewards you have to get 20 stacks of the defender buff.
This means that u HAVE to tag events and then move on, not helping to complete it.
This is such a bad design decission.
Arenanet really really shouldnt ENCOURAGE such a behaviour.

Tbh im not that upset about the amount of blossoms you get… 35 per map means over 4 days doing a full circle once u get 420 (i just realize… that would explain a lot! the dev doing this likes… flowers.. a lot it seems?!) and then u have to do 2 more to get a tonic… since it would be awfull if everyone would be running around with a halo that seems about right to me.

No no no dear, you don’t get 35 per map. You get 10-15 (10 if you have at least 4 stacks, 15 if you have at least 20 stacks) plus a ONCE a day bonus for each map (total: 60 blooms for the day.) This means that once you do the first run on each map and the next rotation starts, you’re only getting 10-15. So, enjoy.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I agree it’s pretty poorly designed. Personally I just stay and finish the events, I only get 5 blooms oh well wth. What REALLY annoys me about this event is that if you are an Engi (like I am) and are using a kit, for some STUPID reason as soon as your buff goes up for completing an event your kit gets unequipped. Again, wth? O.O

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Just make each event drop a loot chest that contains blooms on the ground like world bosses do. Then players will be motivated to stay because they will miss out on the chest otherwise. If this existed instead of the stacking system there would be no problem.

Also make the events give karma, xp and coins. It is unacceptable for a new player event to give no karma or xp.

Making the mordrem lootable can also make the event feel better. Just make it so that only a certain amount of spawns can be looted. If too many mordrem spawn the rest won’t have loot to avoid farming them.

(edited by Ganathar.4956)

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

With the addition of lowering the cost of the rewards by 66%, this sounds like a great idea. +1

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

I can’t recall what event it was but this was the same thing last time, when the event occured it was a gold sink a new players back then were pretty much left out. I wonder which event it was. maybe it was when the Moa gambling racing was around…

The difference here being that GW2 just went F2P. There is a reason this event only happens in some low level zones.

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

Readjust the bloom reward, mail it out. I don’t want extended play time on this garbage.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

I will admit I wish rewards were a little buff, but the event it self is still fun to do. It something different out of my normal time playing.

pandora.8475

They but in low lvl zone but give no xp so the new f2p can’t lvl so what point of the event why celebrate f2p then screw them like this there not one good thing about this event it epic fail and should be shut down out of embarrassment.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

The difference here being that GW2 just went F2P. There is a reason this event only happens in some low level zones.

Really.. and of course those “new” low level players really enjoy being insta zapped by a vet mordy, or enjoy spending all their coin trying to WP across the map repeatedly trying to keep pace with events that they see spawn… only to find when they get there that they are already finished or have to hope someone revives them before the event ends so they can tag a kill .
Even if they do tag a kill they have to grind endlessly for 4 days to even hope to sniff one of the rewards… ooh wait, of course ANET maybe are banking that the F2P players will dip into their credit card balances and buy some gems in order to convert to gold and be able to afford the skins…. that’s the real reason they have been situated on these maps.

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

Really.. and of course those “new” low level players really enjoy being insta zapped by a vet mordy, or enjoy spending all their coin trying to WP across the map repeatedly trying to keep pace with events that they see spawn… only to find when they get there that they are already finished or have to hope someone revives them before the event ends so they can tag a kill .
Even if they do tag a kill they have to grind endlessly for 4 days to even hope to sniff one of the rewards… ooh wait, of course ANET maybe are banking that the F2P players will dip into their credit card balances and buy some gems in order to convert to gold and be able to afford the skins…. that’s the real reason they have been situated on these maps.

Don’t forget that all of those new mobs and events don’t give any rewards or experience or anything you’d normally expect from a mob or an event. It is confusing, random, and downright poor event design.

Posted by: believe.6514

believe.6514

boring like silver waste

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

boring like silver waste

No.

Silverwaste is pure gold compared to this. It can actually be quite fun and requires at least some players who know what they are doing rather than defeated meta-zerkers who don’t waypoint out.

This however…

pandora.8475

boring like silver waste

It 100 times worse then sliver waste