What would GW2 be like with trinity?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

The trinity was supposed to have been replaced by multiple varieties of builds, what we got is mass zerg therefore I can only conclude that the trinity was not only far superior but also gave me much more memorable and satisfying encounters.

I can remember amazing encounters in dungeons and raids from trinity games going back 10 years including GW1, but alas GW2 will be completely forgettable as it just does not provoke that sense of fear, danger and achievement.

That’s less a problem relating to the trinity and more a problem of the Guild Wars 2 team being a bit less than great when it comes to balancing offense vs defense. I don’t think they’d do much better with a trinity, except then you’d be pigeonholed into a role and have to reroll to switch.

C’mon people! Youre never “pigeonholed” into a role you don’t want to play!! YOU pick your class! Trinity or not YOU pick what you play!

/endrant

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Might as well ask what the game would be like with Mecha and powersuits because we aren’t getting those either.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Summon_Power_Suit

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Adam Of Awesome.7802

Adam Of Awesome.7802

FOR ALL THE FANBOYS CRYING THAT A TRINITY IS BAD… All I have to say to destroy your poorly conceived argument of “LF Tank/Healer” and that is

LFG – Zerker gear only… oh and while you’re at it, only come with a warrior, guardian or mesmer… (-_-) You people never think.

This games combat system is severely broken and you’d have to be a complete moron to think otherwise. Atleast with roles you know what your job is, you depend on other people more and in turn they depend on you. The mechanics on boss fights including world bosses and even WvWvW would be a lot better. There is just more strategy with that system.

What do we honestly have right now? Seriously, think about it. If you have the slightest deduction capability you would answer “Everyone in the game is a DPS with minor support built into their class” that is it…

Now I understand a lot of you like being self-dependent but when everyone is self dependent… where is the teamwork? I didn’t think so.

Adam Of Awesome.7802

DPS = Warrior
Tank = Warrior/Guardian
Support = Guardian/Mesmer

We do have the trinity in this game it’s just that some people fail to realize it.

I agree with this. the game does have them. people only believed they were out because the paper said so.

NO CLASS can tank like other MMO’s.
NO CLASS can heal enough to be called a healer.

Even the support in this game is so bad almost NO ONE runs support. Why? Because DPS is the best support you can bring, kill the enemies before they kill you. Kill an enemy and it’ll rez your downed ally… a Full Zerker Warrior/Guardian/mesmer bring basically just as much support as even a full support based build.

Posted by: ElexOrieN.2130

ElexOrieN.2130

LFG – Zerker gear only… oh and while you’re at it, only come with a warrior, guardian or mesmer

As i stated GW2 does have a trinity, a “Warrior, Guardian and Mesmer only” trinity.

This games combat system is severely broken

Class balance is broken. All classes should be different but equal at the same time, which just isn’t the case.

Adam Of Awesome.7802

I mean, that’s really what all those threads address, the fact that there is only really one role and that is DPS.

This. It was originally touted that GW2 would replace the Tank/DPS/Heals trinity with Damage/Control/Support. Instead, everyone is Damage that has various aspects of Support rolled in based on which profession you have chosen. Builds that do not emphasize damage, in addition to the forms of support that their profession can bring, are generally more of a hindrance on the party than any kind of help simply because they can build for the high damage without sacrificing the ability to provide support still.

It is not an inherently bad thing to do away with the Trinity that most MMOs use. But the way that things stand right now is rather limiting on the ways that ANet can design encounters. It would be nice to see a return to the original proposition, where Control and Support are roles that requires more specialization than a few trait and utility choices.

well said

Adam Of Awesome.7802

This games combat system is severely broken

Class balance is broken. All classes should be different but equal at the same time, which just isn’t the case.

[/quote]

This games core combat system itself is flawed. So me being able to “stack” in every possible dungeon encounter in the game is not broken? I have stacked on lupicus and killed him in less than 2 minutes just by stacking on him and rezzing someone when they drop because “everyone can heal” … … … ok

Posted by: ElexOrieN.2130

ElexOrieN.2130

This games core combat system itself is flawed. So me being able to “stack” in every possible dungeon encounter in the game is not broken? I have stacked on lupicus and killed him in less than 2 minutes just by stacking on him and rezzing someone when they drop because “everyone can heal” … … … ok

Guardian/Warriors being walking walls is not overpowered?
Ranger just sends his pet (bear) to face tank everything is not overpowered?
Thief being able to stealth basically all the time is not overpowered?
Mesmers hiding behind infinite clones is not overpowered?
Elementalist being a weak one hit victim is not a joke and a disgrace to class balancing?
The problem is not “everybody can heal” the problem is “some classes are way stronger than others”.

Posted by: Louk Tsoup.2108

Louk Tsoup.2108

you can bring trinity, but not actually giving the option of ONLY a couple of roles.
give people more individuality on their builds and a ton of things will be solved.

my way: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/PVE-Variety-Better-build-system-DPS-fix/first#post3513700

Posted by: wickedkae.4980

wickedkae.4980

I would leave and stop pumping in upwards of 50 bucks a month. Please stop talking about turning gw2 into EVERY OTHER Mmo out there. Seriously if you want the kittenty trinity, go away. Gw2 is just not your game. I play this game to get away from people forcing me into roles like healer. If you don’t like freedom go play something else. There are plenty of other games to fill this archaic way of playing a game.

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

FOR ALL THE FANBOYS CRYING THAT A TRINITY IS BAD… All I have to say to destroy your poorly conceived argument of “LF Tank/Healer” and that is

LFG – Zerker gear only… oh and while you’re at it, only come with a warrior, guardian or mesmer… (-_-) You people never think.

This games combat system is severely broken and you’d have to be a complete moron to think otherwise. Atleast with roles you know what your job is, you depend on other people more and in turn they depend on you. The mechanics on boss fights including world bosses and even WvWvW would be a lot better. There is just more strategy with that system.

What do we honestly have right now? Seriously, think about it. If you have the slightest deduction capability you would answer “Everyone in the game is a DPS with minor support built into their class” that is it…

Now I understand a lot of you like being self-dependent but when everyone is self dependent… where is the teamwork? I didn’t think so.

The DPS dummies from WoW got what they wanted all along. A game with just DPS players.

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Call me cynical, but I don’t think any thing would change in terms of PvE. Sure fights may be tuned to the idea of having the trinity. However I honestly believe that the developers prefer keeping the game as simple as possible to appease the masses. After all how do you think they feel after the first year Halloween event.

People were so upset that they were not determined enough to complete an actually good jumping puzzle. That would easily leave any dev under the impression that their audience prefer not to be challenged in any sense, or better yet create the illusion of challenge that way what hardened players are left, feel as if they have actually accomplished something.

Some of the most terrifying words are “Appealing to wider audience”.

Posted by: Louk Tsoup.2108

Louk Tsoup.2108

Call me cynical, but I don’t think any thing would change in terms of PvE. Sure fights may be tuned to the idea of having the trinity. However I honestly believe that the developers prefer keeping the game as simple as possible to appease the masses. After all how do you think they feel after the first year Halloween event.

People were so upset that they were not determined enough to complete an actually good jumping puzzle. That would easily leave any dev under the impression that their audience prefer not to be challenged in any sense, or better yet create the illusion of challenge that way what hardened players are left, feel as if they have actually accomplished something.

I didn’t buy this game to do jumping puzzles.

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

The real issue is stupid and predictable AI with dead slow attack rates, and the fact that classes with higher base armor and life can do the same or more damage than classes with lower base armor and life.

Basically, arenanet ripped out the trinity, even the weakened abstract form of it they had in GW1, and then didn’t bother with coming up with anything to replace it. It’s just this sort of bland mess where everybody heals themselves and mitigates damage, and in PvE heavy armor users do the same or more damage than medium and light users, making it basically a chosen disadvantage to use anything but heavy armor professions in PvE. Nobody really needs tanking in a game with no aggro management, but you might as well take the extra vitality and toughness since you don’t even get an offset to DPS for doing it. In PvP it’s a little more complex, but still a kind of bland mess with more condition spamming and removal thrown in.

I’m not saying I really want classic Trinity back, but I could see it potentially being more enjoyable than what we have now. But what do I know, I’m just a GW1 fanboy who misses my front and back lines, dedicated healers, and aggro.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

wtf is wrong with you people? whats wrong with having trinity and whats wrong with not having it? trinity is not outdated is timeless, and the hybrid model is something new. both have advantages and both are fun. if you like trinity play wow or wait for wildstar, if you dont play gw2 end of story

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

wtf is wrong with you people? whats wrong with having trinity and whats wrong with not having it? trinity is not outdated is timeless, and the hybrid model is something new. both have advantages and both are fun. if you like trinity play wow or wait for wildstar, if you dont play gw2 end of story

I actually disagree that the trinity as timeless, as least as it exists in WoW. It does very little good for the game to design classes around very, very rigid roles, and people are going to slowly but surely come around to that. Soft roles are clearly the way of the future. GW2’s design is based on that but the execution needs a lot of tweaking.

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

DPS = Warrior
Tank = Warrior/Guardian

We do have the trinity in this game it’s just that some people fail to realize it.

I agree with this. the game does have them. people only believed they were out because the paper said so.

Even the support in this game is so bad almost NO ONE runs support. Why? Because DPS is the best support you can bring, kill the enemies before they kill you. Kill an enemy and it’ll rez your downed ally… a Full Zerker Warrior/Guardian/mesmer bring basically just as much support as even a full support based build.

no. class can tank like other mmo’s
no class can heal enough to called a healer.

that is if you compare it to other mmo’s. don’t cap me, i never capped you. yet.
aoe water is used alot on situations for heal. i see this alot in wvw. very heavily. that’s already a role no matter how lousy it is.
some people stay/reset at mid while they rely on the frontmen to keep the enemy occupied and it doesn’t matter how they do it, just keep them occupied. frontmen covers an obvious role already.
we have an obvious, although arguably lousy and hard to read threat system on ai which will go after particular peeps therefore leaving an opening to a role on the pve side.
i won’t cover the dps.
it’s here.

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

I think the far more terrifying thing is that you could use the words “good jumping puzzle” with out realizing that it was an oxymoron.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: Disruptive.8039

Disruptive.8039

I’d never play the game if it had trinity. There are tons of MMOs with it, and just as many that failed. Doesn’t seem the trinity has a great track record either.

Does that mean trinity is impossible to execute successfully? No. It does mean though that some games will stumble using it.

Does Guild Wars 2 stumbling a bit mean that lack of non trinity doesn’t work? No. It just means, like the trinity games that fumbled, GW2 needs to be tweaked in order to be in a good place.

Trinity or not group content wouldn’t be any better. In fact it would be far worse with Anets design decisions.

Wildstar should be interesting to see. I am also excited about the no trinity EQ Next as well.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

an actually good jumping puzzle.

I’m not sure that is what people were upset about. Perhaps it was because, “good jumping puzzle,” is an oxymoron to some people.

Posted by: Disruptive.8039

Disruptive.8039

an actually good jumping puzzle.

I’m not sure that is what people were upset about. Perhaps it was because, “good jumping puzzle,” is an oxymoron to some people.

Probably people with bad twitch reflexes

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

If GW2 has a traditional Trinity system, what would the game be like?

Pure speculation discussion, so feel free to give your belief of what the game would be like with a traditional Tank/Healer/DPS trinity system.

(excuse the title of thread. limited character prevents title detail)

the game might be playable even after you reach level 80 get dungeon master and got bored from WWW.

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

I think the far more terrifying thing is that you could use the words “good jumping puzzle” with out realizing that it was an oxymoron.

To be fair it was hardly a puzzle, however I honestly enjoyed the rat race that took place during that event. I’d say it was more of a test of focus. In reality is all you had to was press “forward” and “spacebar” at the appropriate times, however it still took me 50 minutes to perfect.

I never understood why anyone would ever become tender over something that made try for once.

Ashen.2907

Probably people with bad twitch reflexes

Or perhaps people who prefer less Mario Brothers in their Medieval fantasy RPG.

Posted by: Slininstien.7546

Slininstien.7546

The PvE would be kinda basic… I mean… 1 healer 4 DPS or something like it. or 1 tank 3 dps 1 healer for how the dungeons work ATM.

But otherwise WvW would be WAY easier for commanders. All they would have to do is find a way to get the the back line (Necro/Ele/Mesmer/Thieves) and kill them… w/o the DPS nor heals there’s no way tanks could survive.

I’m glad how they have it though… roaming would mean you would be thief max DPS but it would be extremely high and then guardians and warriors would be using the armor set that would exist being vit/tough/healing and that would be the best tank ever.

I like GW2, glad it is the way it is

Ashen.2907

GW2 with Trinity would be not GW2 to such a degree as to make the question itself questionable.

The changes to gameplay, encounter design, class design, skill design, and so on would be so dramatic as to render the game all but unrecognizable beyond lore…kind of like the change from GW1 to GW2.

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

If GW2 has a traditional Trinity system, what would the game be like?

Empty. It was a selling point.

guild wars 1?

Guildwars 1 had no trinity, at least not forced, and these roles were not forced to classes.

Funny. Anet tried to make a new Trinity. The DPS/Support/Control Trinity..

No, they didn’t make a new trinity, DPS, support and control are generalizations of the trinity roles. Trinity had the roles tied to classes, or sometimes characters, GW2 forces neither classes not characters to be fully specialized. The problem is PvE wildlife has need for support and control, or is outright immune to control.

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

Having played MMO’s since EQ i’m getting pretty tired of trinity based MMO’s and find GW2 very refreshing in that aspect.

Nothing more annying than wanting to do dungeons and waiting around for 1 hour because there’s not healer/tank available.

As it is you can log on at 2 AM and still find a group for fractals/dungeons right away. I’l take that over trinity system any day.

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

Eh, I just got the LFG form LFM backwards. I’m tired and too many acronims.

You should really think about how you sound, your contribution is nothing but to troll with your post.

Thank you verry much sir The troll cave is always open. Please come and visit us.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

GLF healer….
After 2 hrs GLF healer….
Yeah right goodluck!

I would actually re-roll my gw1 monk if they added it to GW2.
LFTRINITY!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: funkylovemonkey.3097

funkylovemonkey.3097

Your argument is entirely related to PUGs. I can go through and do everything in PVE, including dungeons and fractals, with a group of Rangers if I wanted. It might take me a little longer, but it could easily be done as long as they were halfway competent. That would be impossible even for low level missions in other games.

So while you casually dismiss people’s hatred for waiting for Healers before they can do even the simplest mission, I say it’s a broken mechanic that forces people to wait to have fun. I’ve even been in games (including for a time when GW1 was first released) where Healers charge people to be a part of their group for certain missions.

I’m not saying that what GW2 has done has been perfect or even very great. I think things could have been done better. Bosses could have been designed more cleverly to encourage diversity of builds or certain dungeons could require characters to divide up into different roles temporarily by grabbing relics or asura armors of whatever. But just because GW2 hasn’t implemented player roles particularly well and created a very narrow meta, that doesn’t mean I would want to go back to the days of waiting for an hour to progress in the story and play a mission.

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

1. The zerk group thing is highly specific for speed running. You can and amazingly enough people do, run dungeons without a full glass zerk group comp. Moreover if you moved to a trinity model, you would still have an ideal group comp which speed runners would use and you would still get such ping groups in LFG.

Those zerk groups are not needed to complete the content, switch to the trinity model though and we will see the same old “LFG healer” as before in the dark days.

2. You can provide support on your guardian whether you are in zerker armour or not. The idea is to be able to provide said support and migrate to more dps orientated armour as you actually learn to dodge.

Given your support comes from skills and abilities, why in the name of God do people have an issue with being able to still provide supprt and at the same time increase their damage as they actually learn to play the game? Do they think facetanking is some uberskill of something?

“omg I can do damage and support at the same time, what is this blasphemy, you must nerf damage gear so I can sit there and do fk all damage and facetank. That is the only way support is allowed to work!!!”

3. Why the heck would someone buy a game with no hard trinity and with an active defense system and then proceed to cry about no hard trinity and it having an active defense system?

This also isn’t the first game without a trinity btw. Others are far more open and use an open skill based approach. The issue is not the lack of trinity, the issue is people who want to play WoW and have a trinity have come into a game without one and are now crying about it.

As to what would happen if it shifted to the trinity, well a lot of people would leave is what would happen.

(edited by Fenrir.3609)

Posted by: Fingolfin.2568

Fingolfin.2568

I don’t really like the trinity system as a forced choice, but i would like to have some utility skills that can get me into a defined role if i want… for example, in wvw, when i use my ele i’d like a strong healing spell that i can cast on a single member of my party or my commander; or if i’m in a dungeon i’d like a taunt skill and get the aggro of a boss for my tanky warrior… my tank or my healer wouldn’t be fundametal, but maybe more useful, and i could really play as i like

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Assuming none of the classes, skills etc changed, nothing would be different.

If everything were rebalanced to have the traditional trinity back? I’d leave. I play most of this game solo, and while I now have the option not to run DPS builds only, I wouldn’t if I wanted to solo anything in a trinity-based game. So, it would be limited in exactly the same ways that I found other MMOs to be, and I’d leave. A lot of people would.

Then again, probably a lot of people would join, so maybe we’d have similar numbers, but a very different crowd.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

why do you start this topic again and again and again in this forum? Seriously, if you cannot accept anything else than the standard MMORPG setup, even after a year of (supposedly) playing GW2, what is keeping you? There are a million trinity style games out there, just play them instead of insisting perpetually to have this game here changed to your taste.

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

To OP, if you’re looking for a trinity-done-right game, check out GW1.
GW2 cannot have a trinity, because classes are designed with too much self-suficiency and (far) too little ally support in mind, and also because positioning has become far less relevant due to a myrad of teleports/stealth.
Be happy with the kind of dualinity the game turned into, or quit.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Don’t know why people keep pointing at GW1 for trinity as you could do all off it without characters in explicit tank or dps roles.

I’ve even been in games (including for a time when GW1 was first released) where Healers charge people to be a part of their group for certain missions.

When GW1 was first out people would just group up and do stuff together. If you couldn’t find a player with some heals you’d enlist Alesia, who would occasional double as front-liner.

I think things could have been done better. Bosses could have been designed more cleverly to encourage diversity of builds or certain dungeons could require characters to divide up into different roles temporarily by grabbing relics or asura armors of whatever.

Definitely, GW2 encounter developers should take a fresh look at things. I’d love it if there were some GW1 style missions.

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Because GW1 brought the concept to the next level – it is far more than mere tanking-nuking-red barring. It made it work in a way no other game did, and it was the pvp where that concept shone/shines to its full potential.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

If GW2 had a trinity it would probably die out as a game.
NO trinity is one if its main selling points. A lot of players come to this game because of that and a lot of players stick with it and play it because of that ( myself included).

People like Adam of Awesome seem to think " LFM healer " has been replaced by " GLF Zerk" – that is false.
Full zerker groups are rare – and even so – all classes can zerker up and play.

The game itself is designed with an organic, fluid combat mechanic that would be ruined by the introduction of a trinity.
It would literally be the WORST thing people could do to this game.

If you want a trinity system and a trinity game there are PLENTY of games out there for you. GW2 is unique in the sense that it offers a better alternative to a system that’s been done and overdone so many times.

Addressing those who want a trinity – why are you still playing this game? Why do you want to change the game to suit your needs and not look for one that already does that?!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Ventrue.5731

Ventrue.5731

DPS = Warrior
Tank = Warrior/Guardian

Agreed, we do have holy trinity

DPS = warrior (stuff dies fast)
TANK = warrior (stuff dies faster so you take less damage)
SUPPORT = warrior (whats better, healing for 2k? or making stuff die even faster so you don’t take 20k hit i nthe face)

In all seriousness though, trinity is a good thing cause it lets people define them selfs but this game just has broken mechanics and it would not work here.

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

DPS = Warrior
Tank = Warrior/Guardian

SUPPORT = warrior (whats better, healing for 2k? or making stuff die even faster so you don’t take 20k hit i nthe face)

In all seriousness though, trinity is a good thing cause it lets people define them selfs but this game just has broken mechanics and it would not work here.

I can find a role within a group and “define myself” just fine in a gameplay situation without the trinity.

The trinity is good for those that seem hopelessly lost without being pigeonholed and highly restricted.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

GW2 healed me from the idea, that there can be challenging and entertaining battles in a rpg without some form of trinity.

I will dodge all comments that will tell me I am wrong, because tanking them is not an option.

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Every week this topic, or one like it springs up asking for, or positing on, the trinity in GW2.
1.5 years after launch, it’s time to realize that this game is the way it is. There will be no implementation of the trinity. If you want to play a game with that mechanic, there are many, many fine (and much more not-so-fine) games out there for you to enjoy.

You tried it, you didn’t care for it. Move on and don’t stress about it.

As far as the question posted by the OP:
This game with a trinity would not have held my attention for the past year and a half.
As mentioned, the market is saturated with trinity centric games. GW2 going that route would have been just another title in my collection of games I rarely play.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I wouldn’t be playing GW2 if it had the trinity. Instant turn-off.

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Guardians everywhere, since they can more or less do the 3 roles

Having Trinity officially in the game would force a total revamp of the entire system, so Guardian as we know it today would be different.

I think having “no trinity” is the stupidest design choice Anet made among many bad choices, but that’s just me.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

DPS = Warrior
Tank = Warrior/Guardian

I can find a role within a group and “define myself” just fine in a gameplay situation without the trinity.

The trinity is good for those that seem hopelessly lost without being pigeonholed and highly restricted.

GW2 is not a game where it’s nice to talk about “pigeon-holing” — few RPGs pigeon hole you into a skill set as much as GW2, because your skills are all built into your weapon. That’s some major pigeonholing there, far more than any trinity-based system I’ve seen.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Kevan.8912

Kevan.8912

DPS = Warrior
Tank = Warrior/Guardian

that’s not a trinity.
that’s just different professions.
where is the dungeon finder with definite roles? a resser? aggro management? switchable specs/builds and skills?

no. dungeons/events/wvw is just: "do the more damage you can, and watch out trying not to die (too often, at least). "

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

GW2 healed me from the idea, that there can be challenging and entertaining battles in a rpg without some form of trinity.

I will dodge all comments that will tell me I am wrong, because tanking them is not an option.

Too much win in one quote. You must be using Bloodlust and sigil of Energy. o_O

I have to agree though. There’s no challenge in stacking in a corner and dpsing a boss down, nor is there a challenge in facing the boss like we should while he’s just a massive healthbag dealing half-health damage every 10 seconds.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: NGraveD.9418

NGraveD.9418

GW2 gives the option for trinity if you want. The simple fact that it’s not worth it and/or it’s not a viable option for dungeon runs/meta content is another thing.

It’s still a much better option to just “stack” in one corner and press auto-attack and 100b when up. I would like to see challenging dungeons, where all this stacking in one corner is no longer a viable option and people actually have to use proper utility skills.

| Ring of Fire | Haiducul Batran |

Posted by: Xylith.4873

Xylith.4873

I personally prefer the holy trinity, the game would need a LOT of rework for it to properly work though.

Now I completely get where people are coming from when they talk about hating the holy trinity, you don’t want to be pigeon holed. I’m sorry but this whole thing about queue times really is a red herring.

What went wrong was ANet got rid of the holy trinity, and didn’t really put anything concrete in place. In Dungeons I don’t even feel part of the group, I’m just another solo guy in there dodging and damaging as much as possible. Encounters aren’t challenging and require bugger all coordination. It’s a Face mash your keys to damage. Profit. You dont even need to talk to the other people in your group, everyone knows it’s a button mash fest. For me, it’s kind of ruined the idea of doing group dungeons.

I personally will be looking forward to playing a MMORPG with a proper defined role system. (Wildstar potentially)