Darksouls 2
Watchdogs
Elder Scrolls Online
Wildstar
Warlords of Draenor
Destiny
The Division
Everquest Next

Yeah sure I’ll have more Scarlet and Ascended crafting because that’s a lot more fun.

Honestly the only thing that can keep gw2 relevant during the year of 2014 is an expansion pack. Without that the onslaught of the new mmo’s releasing will devastate the playerbase. The living story updates won’t be enough to keep people here.
And just because a new mmo will have a subscription fee does not mean it wont compete with a B2P game. The majority of people can easily afford a subscription fee they just don’t feel like any current mmo is worth it atm but that will change in 2014 with the new wow xpac, wildstar,etc.

It wont take that full list to get Anet in trouble I think the F2P building game EQN Landmark alone will be a big deal.
I am really hoping that they actually have an expansion planned in 2014 which is heavily involved in the elder dragons and areas like the Crystal Desert, if living story is all thats coming in 2014 then I am not sure if this game will still exist in 2015.

Even an expansion wont be good if it doesnt have new entertaining features such as housing GvG and many others. the fact that people believe that an expansion will save Gw2 in 2014 is wrong

If it is a really top of the line expansion with many of the features that we have grown to love in GW1, elder dragon focus, new zones, new class from gw1,etc.
It will buy them enough time to shift the focus of content updates from quantity to quality and start releasing good and exciting permanent content and fix many of the things people find wrong with the game.
True an expansion alone wont be a magic knight in shining armor for gw2 but it is a platform which they can use for the future.
If the marketing is done right it can attract many players that left and keep them playing for a long time.
The 2 week living story is just no match for any of the new mmo’s especially the Warlords of Dreanor expansion for World of Warcraft.

(edited by sonicwhip.9052)

Who's excited for 2014?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Well, both Wildstar and GW2 are under NCSOFT.
If Wildstar happens to get 2/3 of GW2 playerbase I doubt NCSFOT would suffer. any major losses.

On Topic.
I’d love to see them announcing new expansion, however, if they do, we’d still have to wait a year or two to play it, so yeah, meanwhile they’d be releaseing Living Story, which as we know is not that great.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

If Wildstar happens to get 2/3 of GW2 playerbase I doubt NCSFOT would suffer. any major losses.

exactly

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

On Topic.
I’d love to see them announcing new expansion, however, if they do, we’d still have to wait a year or two to play it, so yeah, meanwhile they’d be releaseing Living Story, which as we know is not that great.

But seeing as how Ncsoft has shut down so many games already like Tabula Rasa, Exteel, Dungeon Runners, auto assault, Lineage 1 NA,etc and the most recent being City of Heroes I would be worried if another game under the same publisher is over shadowing mine.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

On Topic.

But seeing as how Ncsoft has shut down so many games already like Tabula Rasa, Exteel, Dungeon Runners, auto assault, Lineage 1 NA,etc and the most recent being City of Heroes I would be worried if another game under the same publisher is over shadowing mine.

This. NCSoft are notorious Game Assassins. GW2 will at least get a couple months warning, because they’ll pull the plug on GW1 first.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Who's excited for 2014?

sonicwhip.9052

On Topic.

This. NCSoft are notorious Game Assassins. GW2 will at least get a couple months warning, because they’ll pull the plug on GW1 first.

I’d imagine shutting down so many games has taken a pretty big toll on their stocks.
I’m sure they would be willing to give gw2 some extra time before they just completely decide that the operating costs are not worth it.
They should use the time they have now before all the new mmo’s release to work on an expansion pack.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Oh yea I forgot The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition . The 2014 list of RPG’s is nuts.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I know I am, can’t wait to see what Anet have for us in 2014.

Yeah, it wil be the year that will decide whether the game will improve or fail. The CDI topics do give a hope for first option – on the other hand, Anet has yet to show that they can actually make good on it. Unfortunately, so far their record in that regard is abyssal, so if i were to sum up my feeling about 2014 in one word, it would not be “excitement”, or even “hope”, but “dread”.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: irishwalrus.5162

irishwalrus.5162

The Diglett Dragon shall rise.

Groknar Ironcrack- The Emperor

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I was really starting to get into GW2 again, until i started doing dungeons. It was such a bad experience that i don’t even want to continue anymore. I was even going to buy gems too, but i’ll just wait until another MMO comes out. The Repopulation is looking really nice, and there’s a new video that was just put up. EQ Landmark sounds really interesting too. Unless GW2 fixes their dungeons, then there’s really no point for me to keep playing. WvW & SPvP is alright, but i like doing dungeons too.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

dungeons are a joke in this game lol

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

My highlights for 2014:

• Everquest Next (+Landmark)
  • Accountbound WXP in GW2 (there isn’t much else I look forward to, cause there simply is nothing known yet what is coming next year, except the end of scarlet)
  • Archeage (Hopefully?)
  • Black Desert
  • Phantasy Star Online

Not Wildstar/ESO cause they’re sub-based.

Whats wrong with sub based??? At this point I want sub based thanks to Guildwars 2 and Starwars the Old Republic… Both games started out as F2P model’s but ended up becoming over zealous and greedy. I mean sure World of Warcraft has a cash shop but its extremely small and humble compared to GW2’s and SWTOR’s cash shops.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

Yeah, it wil be the year that will decide whether the game will improve or fail. The CDI topics do give a hope for first option – on the other hand, Anet has yet to show that they can actually make good on it. Unfortunately, so far their record in that regard is abyssal, so if i were to sum up my feeling about 2014 in one word, it would not be “excitement”, or even “hope”, but “dread”.

I dont even trust there coming soon messages on the front page anymore. After Fractured my trust in Anet is gone. They basically lied to us saying content was coming that was not.

Who's excited for 2014?

nexxe.7081

Not only that, but GW2 would suffer. I’m pretty sure it already has. NCSoft spends revenue made from GW2’s gem store, on Aion and other games. If GW2 does poorly, they will invest more into their other games, like Wildstar.

Who's excited for 2014?

nexxe.7081

My highlights for 2014:

• Everquest Next (+Landmark)
  • Accountbound WXP in GW2 (there isn’t much else I look forward to, cause there simply is nothing known yet what is coming next year, except the end of scarlet)
  • Archeage (Hopefully?)
  • Black Desert
  • Phantasy Star Online

Not Wildstar/ESO cause they’re sub-based.

Whats wrong with sub based??? At this point I want sub based thanks to Guildwars 2 and Starwars the Old Republic… Both games started out as F2P model’s but ended up becoming over zealous and greedy. I mean sure World of Warcraft has a cash shop but its extremely small and humble compared to GW2’s and SWTOR’s cash shops.

Wrong. Swtor was sub-based, then it went to f2p because it needed to survive.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

I was really starting to get into GW2 again, until i started doing dungeons. It was such a bad experience that i don’t even want to continue anymore. I was even going to buy gems too, but i’ll just wait until another MMO comes out. The Repopulation is looking really nice, and there’s a new video that was just put up. EQ Landmark sounds really interesting too. Unless GW2 fixes their dungeons, then there’s really no point for me to keep playing. WvW & SPvP is alright, but i like doing dungeons too.

Dungeons are fine what are u talking about…..?

vvuevv

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

I’m always excited to see new stuff. If that stuff turned to fluff for me, then no prob and will just move on. I mean, look at SAB, a lot seems to really like it but I was like meh, boring.

But I won’t badmouth something just because it didn’t fit my taste, I’ll still look forward to something new and check if that time around, that it’ll cater to my taste. If those I like falls to most players’ hate list, then their SoL.

I never hated Scarlet, but I never really paid attention to her story. If she comes, welcome back, but if she really ends next year, then so long and thanks for the memories. I love those cinematics at the Kessex Hills, and I love the tower design.

However, I do hope that Anet scale Teq and make him doable, and lower the required number of players to make the event successful rather than requiring a full-zone as a minimum requirement.

I also hope Anet brings out more guild management features and tools. More home-instance customization, more dragons, Orr revival, more guild mission types, provide alternative way to get Ascended armor, finally provide scavenger hunt for Pre, fighting minipet for non-Ranger, non-Necro class that players can train and level, allow guild to non-server tied, provide guild halls, and more…

Outside of Gw2:
I have yet to play Heartstone. I got invited to close beta, and I wanna try it out.
I look forward to EQNext + Landmark
I am honing my Minecraft Server Hosting skills, learning Amazon’s EC2 as well
I am starting to learn Minecraft Modding
I am on a kind of wait and see for Diablo 3 RoS. At one hand, I hated how D3 turned out, but I wanted to see how it all tie up together.
I have yet to play SC2:HoS, even if I have my CE, I never got time to play it.

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Be careful everybody.

I got an infraction and my post removed for saying I looked forward to 2014 for other games. I didn’t know the OP was talking about Guild Wars 2 specifically and I didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to look forward to the other great games on the horizon in 2014. I wasn’t rude or snarky either:

Your post in Who’s excited for 2014? was infracted by a moderator:

I’m looking forward to Wildstar and Everquest Next and maybe some news on Blade & Soul or Archeage so yes, I’m looking forward to 2014.

Moderator Note:

Your post in <who-s-excited-for-2014> was removed. Please refrain from creating off-topic posts or posts meant to derail a thread. If you have something to share which can stand on its own, please create a new thread for your topic as it pertains to Guild Wars 2. Posts which derail a topic that are inflammatory in nature are not allowed.

This infraction serves only a warning. Additional infractions may award Infraction Points which can negatively affect your account. Infraction points may cause loss of privileges, including forum suspension.

Your message was deleted.
———————————————

This will get an infraction and moved as well for talking about moderation, but beware. GW2 apparently has huge plans for 2014 and we’re not allowed to play anything else.

you are my hero

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

From what I’ve seen this year, a def. no. Could say the same thing as others(classes broken and unbalanced, useless and poor decisions(yeah,ascended). I’ll wait for the end of the Scarlet arch and the feature update. If I find it poor, I leave. I’m not sure if I can trust their sense about epic, so I’m not expecting much from the the ending of this arch. I’m more curious about the feature update.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

From what I’ve seen this year, a def. no. Could say the same thing as others(classes broken and unbalanced, useless and poor decisions(yeah,ascended). I’ll wait for the end of the Scarlet arch and the feature update. If I find it poor, I leave. I’m not sure if I can trust their sense about epic, so I’m not expecting much from the the ending of this arch. I’m more curious about the feature update.

The Scarlet arc is slated to finish in early March. If they continue doing 2 week updates, then the first “Season 2” arc begins mid-March.

The first MMO competitor comes out in early April. So Anet will only have two Season 2 updates to dissuade people from trying out the competition. Seeing this drama play out is pretty exciting.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I’m excited for Ps4 titles, because PC is just full of crappy games.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

Ascended gear has killed it for me.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

U don’t want it just don’t get it, period.

vvuevv

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

U don’t want it just don’t get it, period.

This thread aside, I just want to point out that is a terrible argument (one I’m sick of seeing). Every form of criticism can be waved off like that. Gw2 was never supposed to have geargrind for stats, only for skins.

Dungeons are fine what are u talking about…..?

They are fine in your view.

In response to your thread, yes, I am excited for 2014

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

The only thing i’m waiting in 2014 are like super adventure box world 3/4 and crafting one of the new underwater legendary (if there’s even new ones for those) as a farawell gift.

Otherwise there’s Dark souls 2 and Tree of Savior informations coming in 2014 so i guess i’m excited.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I’m excited for 2014… but not for GW2. As much as I’ve loved and supported Guild Wars over the years, I find myself extremely disappointed with Anet and how they’ve handled GW2 over the past year. Oh well, there’s the new D3 expansion, ESO, EQ:N, and eventually Camelot Unchained to look forward to. So yes 2014 will be an exciting year, but I don’t have much hope for GW2 at this point.

Camelot Unchained 2015. :P Going to be best RvR ever, I hope. ^^
Besides that. It’s totally okay to look forward to other games. Game companies shouldn’t look at eachother as enemies, because they can learn things from eachother.
This is however GW2 forum, not ESO, WS… xD

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: saye.9304

saye.9304

2014 is going to be challenging year for gw2 thats for sure,but devs said in 4 living story content (2month) the scarlet story will be over.
i hope next is expansion,the game is old, by the end of scarlet story this game will be 20 months old which make it totally ready for expansion.
i might try out wildstar and couple other games but i am waiting and excited about gw2 expansion.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

The quality of the feature-patch they said to be holding of for the begining of next year will most likely decide the future of this game.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Rooks Zaer.5846

Rooks Zaer.5846

I’m excited for 2014… but not for GW2. As much as I’ve loved and supported Guild Wars over the years, I find myself extremely disappointed with Anet and how they’ve handled GW2 over the past year. Oh well, there’s the new D3 expansion, ESO, EQ:N, and eventually Camelot Unchained to look forward to. So yes 2014 will be an exciting year, but I don’t have much hope for GW2 at this point.

This is -exactly- how I feel. The game that I envisioned based on my experiences with GW1 and all of the pre-launch interviews, blogs, etc and the game that exists today are 180 degrees apart from each other. And it’s absolutely baffling. Looking at all of the competition on the horizon and what they offer…this game is going to get steamrolled. And it’s going to be ugly.

Who's excited for 2014?

sonicwhip.9052

This is -exactly- how I feel. The game that I envisioned based on my experiences with GW1 and all of the pre-launch interviews, blogs, etc and the game that exists today are 180 degrees apart from each other. And it’s absolutely baffling. Looking at all of the competition on the horizon and what they offer…this game is going to get steamrolled. And it’s going to be ugly.

All the blog posts they have written before launch was also what kept me super excited for this game. sadly about 80% of them were lies which helped them sell a lot of boxes on launch. The original description they wrote on dynamic events made me picture the complete opposite of how they really are in game. “player action cascading in a huge chain of events leaving permanent and lasting consequences on the game world” something like that, when it’s really just an event repeats every 5 minutes not changing anything in the world that doesn’t reset to happen all over again.
Hopefully Everquest Next is going to deliver with what they are promising…“A truly dynamic world with emergent AI and the biggest mmo sandbox ever made”.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I can’t wait. I left the game prior to the 2 week event cycles (back in September 2012) as I was still heavily involved in progression raiding in another game, as well as RL responsibilities. I returned to GW2 just in time for the Mad King events this year.. and was blown away by the LS cycles. I am so looking forward to making up for lost time, as well as seeing what Anet has in store for us in the next year of events!

I love the changing LS events, as it keeps the game fresh with new things to do.. as opposed to an annual expansion and absolute boredom in between. Most games keep my interest for a month after xpac; I complete content, build daily quest reps, get my new raiding BiS tier set, and then I’m out of the game. GW2 stands apart in that matter. I don’t mind that I missed out on the past events prior to this last October (although they looked amazing! and so different from each other) I’m just excited to be able to participate in what has yet to come. I feel the 2 week cycles not only keep the game fresh and exciting, but they also prevent stale content, and create a greater appreciation for the content while it’s live. I hope they keep at it.

You love the LS events however you stopped playing just before they started and are now recently back. Maybe thats the reason that you loved it.. You missed the whole LS events for over a year.

For a few weeks it’s nice but then it becomes a boring never ending grind for achievements, rewards, titles and gold.

Imho GW2 is now in a worse shape then it was on release and main reason for that have been the living story updates.

You like to collect all mini’s? Well to bad, you cant anymore and about “I am so looking forward to making up for lost time” well sorry but also that is impossible because it was all temporary.

There where some things I did not like on release but I expected that that would soon come.

Missing guild tools being one of them. But the game became more and more gold-driven (meaning you farm gold and then buy your item because you can’t ‘farm’ the item yourself) and many temporary living story stuff. After Wintersday last year the only read good thing we got was SAB imho and that was meant as a joke and is really a separate part of the game. Funny enough I did read somewhere that GW2 won an ‘expansion prise’ because of that addition.

Also the fact that they went for a micro-transaction based income resulted in many bad game-design decisions, the reason got interested in GW2 is because I don’t like subscription but I also don’t like the F2P games that generate income with micro-transactions because of it’s effects to the game. GW1 had a good name as generating income with expansions. I was long looking forward to (and expecting) an expansion but I am not even sure about that. They really have to come with something good and pretty much undo all they did wrong to get me exited about an expansion.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I’m looking forward to other games too,

GW2 was great, had all the right ingredients and the right ambitions.

But the game-design has been an absolute disaster ever since launch. Instead of evolving the core game-play they decided to tack on more and more hollow content updates that really don’t elevate the game. Class balance just seems to get worse as time progresses while some still have issues that plagued them from day 1. The content they do add doesn’t offer any meaningful progression or rewards. Instead rewards are almost completely random and the best gear is acquired by the dullest, most grindy and generic activity in game….crafting.

Every decision that that could have elevated the game, it seems like ANet opted for the opposite. That’s why I’ll gladly move on when the times comes, even if it does infer paying a 15$ subscription again.

Who's excited for 2014?

Devata.6589

Excited? Not at all in relation to the MMOs with the state they’re in. MMOs these days tend to be nothing but a grind, if people want to waste their time grinding for something at the end of the day that’s totally worthless, more power to them.

I’d like to see an MMO like what this was supposed to be before they did a ‘U’ turn.

GW2 promised to be a refreshing change, instead they just jumped on the band wagon and followed other companies with the grind. Grind = less fun but tends to keep people occupied as they’re in pursuit of their useless gear.

buying gems is more likely to result in more content based on people buying gems. Like the living story, temporary stuff, hairstyles that are available in the gem-store, new mini-packs in the gem-store and so on.

Even if they add something like raids and fractals without en expansion, that sort of content will not have the focus when they use gem-sales to generate income. So if you want to support Anet based on such content you should buy the most expensive expansion (if they release one) not buy gems. That results in exactly the opposite of what you want.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Anet time to forget PvE and focus www and sPvP.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I dont even trust there coming soon messages on the front page anymore. After Fractured my trust in Anet is gone. They basically lied to us saying content was coming that was not.

What content was that?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

How exactly did they lie?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Who's excited for 2014?

Devata.6589

I’m cautiously optimistic, rather than excited. I’ll be happy to see the back of Scarlet in March, which is pretty early in the year. Not that I dislike her personally as a villain (she does what she needs to do), but I’m tired of hearing about her from other people who don’t like her.

As for those other games…all MMOs launch in a less than optimal condition and players often don’t give those MMOs a chance to fix what’s wrong. It happened here too. One could argue that decisions made by Anet were based on people leaving without really giving them a chance to get the game in order. And while you might argue that that should be done before launch, almost no MMO has been able to. It’s too expensive and takes too long and can’t be done without players playing anyway.

So yeah, those other games will launch, be filled with bugs, will have too little content, people will blow through them, and people will leave. They’ll come back to a game that’s more stable and has more content because the game is older.

Always seems to happen. People are always leaving their game for new games…but the old games are mostly still around. Someone must be playing them.

Lol, if that would be the case every MMO would been ‘successful’ because also the new MMO’s will be ‘old’ MMO’s at some point. So why would GW2 the ‘The old MMO’ people are returning to. And isn’t it true that even now you might consider GW2 ‘old’ many people are still complaining about not having enough of content. Something you say ‘the old mmo’s’ have while the new mmo’s don’t.

Not saying you are completely wrong. But what you are saying hangs together with the questions ‘what mmo will be the WoW-killer’. Because what you say indeed happens but then with WoW being the ‘old mmo’ people keep returning to. and for as long as there is no mmo’s that will keep people attached to them the ‘old mmo’ they keep returning to seems to be WoW, not any of those other mmo’s.

BTW, the only upcoming mmo that I think has the potential to keep people bound to it is EQN. Not saying it will but it has the potential. GW2 also had that potential but they did not make use of the potential, if EQN will we will see about a year / 2 years after it’s release.

Then again, maybe the big problem is that the investors are looking for something else then the customers? I prefer games with a long live-spawn but imo the idea behind an mmo’s should be a long live-spawn. So from an investors point of view that should be a long-term investment. However, it looks like they see it more as a short-term investment. Invest money in it and then squeeze as much out of it within 2 to 3 years time. I think if thats the goal from an investors viewpoint GW2 might be a success.

If they would see it as a long-term investment it would be different. They invest in the initial game and a few years later on release they get a there investment back. Time / money wise that would not be great however the next expansion require less input but a higher return, and then the next expansions again and so on. It’s a little higher risk because it will only work if the game is successful, however because the game is then designed around that idea it’s also more likely to be successful on the longer run. And on the longer run the return value for the investor will be much higher. But then again, if you can invest for the short run and get much money and then do it again with the next game (See GW2 and then Wildstar, same investors) and then again and again it might be even better until people stop buying. WoW did proof that the long term will still be better for a single company but many mmo’s are not build by the same company that invest the money.

WoW is but GW2 has Ncsoft to pay the bill and get the income. Maybe when looking for a new successful mmo it’s also wise to search for a developer that releases it’s own game.

Looking at some of the more successful mmo’s does seem to back that up. Eve online is develop by the company that also publish it, WoW same story, Everquest, same story and funny enough Lineage seems to be developed by NCsoft themselves.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I’m looking forward to other games too,

GW2 was great, had all the right ingredients and the right ambitions.

But the game-design has been an absolute disaster ever since launch. Instead of evolving the core game-play they decided to tack on more and more hollow content updates that really don’t elevate the game. Class balance just seems to get worse as time progresses while some still have issues that plagued them from day 1. The content they do add doesn’t offer any meaningful progression or rewards. Instead rewards are almost completely random and the best gear is acquired by the dullest, most grindy and generic activity in game….crafting.

Every decision that that could have elevated the game, it seems like ANet opted for the opposite. That’s why I’ll gladly move on when the times comes, even if it does infer paying a 15$ subscription again.

well said and true.

talk about a team that keeps missing the mark, there are so many core areas neglected and qol features missing that it’s pretty disappointing for a “AAA” mmo and “game of the year”. I know there is the cdi discussion, but nothing will come to fruition soon enough, and I guarantee that core things and essentials will remain the same because they will keep adding willynilly fluff.

look at profession development so far, a year of trait reshuffling and a few heal skills on a subpar and limited profession system that barely passes as decent in open world pve and is atrocious for spvp and wvw. also, if the wvw level progression is an indicator of horizontal character progress to come, then this game will be doomed.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Who's excited for 2014?

Devata.6589

I feel I can’t get excited about what’s coming up for next year, esp. when the first LS update is a four-part Scarlet marathon. This alone kind of nullifies my hopes.

I know they have to write her out of the story, but I’d just prefer she get dropped like the bad idea she was, and left behind with a big “?” over her head.. that being said it just opens up debate as to where she’s gone and if we’ll see her again. So I guess we have to have closure on that aspect of the game.

Asides this, I’m waiting for Anet to make good on some very long-held promises that they still haven’t delivered on. The hottest topics in these forums from this year should be the key, I shouldn’t have to say anymore.

Bottom line is this game still needs a LOT of improvements, most of which are or have been mentioned in the CDI’s already.

I don’t think Scarlet is the big problem. It’s the nature of the living story. That will not become better when scarlet is gone and it will even not become better when the living story is about some dragon. If it did people would complain about how the lore of that dragon would get wasted.

By focusing on Scarlet so much you risk that next year she will be gone but the real problem, the nature of the living story continues making whatever the new story is about just as bad.

They have to rethink the whole LS content, not just Scarlet. However, like I said in my previous post. For investors the living story might just do what it needs to do. Squeeze out as much money as possible as fast as possible.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I enjoy playing GW2. I’ve enjoyed playing since BWE. So I’ll continue to enjoy playing it until I don’t. Simple as that. So I’m excited simply that GW2 will continue to be free, continue to have a really great community, and continue to get updates often. Bring on 2014.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Who's excited for 2014?

sonicwhip.9052

Excited? Not at all in relation to the MMOs with the state they’re in. MMOs these days tend to be nothing but a grind, if people want to waste their time grinding for something at the end of the day that’s totally worthless, more power to them.

I’d like to see an MMO like what this was supposed to be before they did a ‘U’ turn.

GW2 promised to be a refreshing change, instead they just jumped on the band wagon and followed other companies with the grind. Grind = less fun but tends to keep people occupied as they’re in pursuit of their useless gear.

buying gems is more likely to result in more content based on people buying gems. Like the living story, temporary stuff, hairstyles that are available in the gem-store, new mini-packs in the gem-store and so on.

Even if they add something like raids and fractals without en expansion, that sort of content will not have the focus when they use gem-sales to generate income. So if you want to support Anet based on such content you should buy the most expensive expansion (if they release one) not buy gems. That results in exactly the opposite of what you want.

A subscription fee plan is the best option for an mmo. Wildstar is probably going to have a lot of awesome new permanent content very soon after launch since they chose the sub option.
But new mmo’s should just stop copying the same old $15 price and make it cheaper like $10 a month.

Who's excited for 2014?

Devata.6589

A subscription fee plan is the best option for an mmo. Wildstar is probably going to have a lot of awesome new permanent content very soon after launch since they chose the sub option.
But new mmo’s should just stop copying the same old $15 price and make it cheaper like $10 a month.

Big negative about sub-based is the constant clock above your head so no I also don’t like sub-based. I prefer it if the developer generates it’s money with regular expansion. An expansion every year / year and a half should work. In a way thats how most non-mmo games make there money. Difference is that with those games it are not just expansions but also sequels, in an MMO it would all be expansions

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I am waiting for them to fill up the Tyria map what we see now in zoomed out mode

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

To be honest, the only think I hope for is some serious fix of the performance and optimization of the game. This is the biggest game killer for me. To know that the in game client suggests high settings and then delivers a slideshow of fps. Quite the joke.

banished from time and space

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Looking forward to conclusion to Scarlet in next 4 LS updates; looking forward to new legendaries and precursor scavenger hunt, looking forward to next LS “series” and hopefully it brings a new ELDER DRAGON (you know, what this game is about, right?), new zones/playable races/professions.

Well, one can dream, and I hope it’s all inbound in 2014

Wildtrash, ESO won’t deliver (I will try the latter, but I don’t believe either will succeed, imho)
EQ:N/L caters to different crowd with its features (Next could be interesting though)…

Anyway – heavily invested in GW2 still – so c’mon Anet, dazzle me in 2014!

Reveal Scarlet as an elder dragon lieutenant and all will be forgiven

Just the existence of these new MMOs will likely hurt GW2. People will try them, and that puts them out of habit of logging into GW2. So even if the new MMOs are bad, a number of people won’t return to GW2.

GW2 really has to do something to stop people from even trying these new MMOs. But considering the first is coming in April, there’s not much time.

It depends. Something like the Elder Scrolls MMO might actually bring people who NEVER played an MMO to the table, and then, if the game doesn’t do well, Guild Wars 2 could end up with some of those people.

I know some of that went on with SWToR. There are people who liked Star Wars, sort of saw the possibilities in an MMO, didn’t end up liking the game and ended up playing Guild Wars 2.

It’s not the short game that’s important, it’s the long game.

Thats enormously speculating that GW2 might wind up with some of the disgruntled TESO folks. Hell, they might go to Wildstar, WoW. Or try a different free to play game, like Tera, Rift or Neverwinter. GW2 might get some, but to make it an arguing point is folly.

It’s not enormously speculating at all. It’s logical. Particularly when you look at the type of game Elder Scrolls is and the type of game Guild Wars 2 is.

If you like the graphic style of elder scrolls, and a fantasy MMO, and particularly something that has something like WvW, there aren’t many games to go to.

There’s no way you can compare ESO with neverwinter for example, or Tera for that matter. They’re going to be completely different types of games.

ESO has taken quite a bit from the Guild Wars 2 playbook, so if it’s buggy, I’d expect a fair few people to consider Guild Wars 2 (particularly with frequent sales and promotions).

I personally don’t like the cartoony graphic styles of WoW or Wildstar and I’d find the transition quite difficult.

And sure, some players WILL go to other games if ESO bombs, but that doesn’t mean it won’t bring new people into the MMO space and it doesn’t mean some of them won’t come to Guild Wars 2.

I mean if you like the idea of ESO but it doesn’t deliver, why would you go to TSW?

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

Every time a thread that reflect’s a person’s enthusiasm about the game opens, all the sad dudes show up to ruin it. Wow.

I, on the other hand, can’t wait to see how the living story will end. Pretty sure Anet will at last reveal what Scarlet really wants and everything is gonna go boom. There was some speculation that “rocking tyria to its very core” means Primordius may surface.

Also, account bound WvW exp and Edge of the Mists. Holy hell, I’m gonna pull all nighters because of those. And Arenas are in testing. Can’t wait I say!

PS I want dwarves as a playable race but that will never, ever happen. T_T

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Well…at least until they de-petrify their genitals.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Who's excited for 2014?

Devata.6589

Every time a thread that reflect’s a person’s enthusiasm about the game opens, all the sad dudes show up to ruin it. Wow.

I, on the other hand, can’t wait to see how the living story will end. Pretty sure Anet will at last reveal what Scarlet really wants and everything is gonna go boom. There was some speculation that “rocking tyria to its very core” means Primordius may surface.

Also, account bound WvW exp and Edge of the Mists. Holy hell, I’m gonna pull all nighters because of those. And Arenas are in testing. Can’t wait I say!

Guess what, if somebody starts a thread with a complain there will always be people showing up to defend the game. That’s how a discussion works.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Guess what, if somebody starts a thread with a complain there will always be people showing up to defend the game. That’s how a discussion works.

People don’t grasp the concept that other people can think differently from themselves. It’s a curse of modern society and the “it’s your life, do whatever you want, others don’t really matter!” generation.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: GEM.9418

GEM.9418

I wish I was but I’ve been very discouraged with ANET and the trend of them making this game as grindy as possible.

I’d like to see less grindy content with achievements and crafting. I’d like to see them add more challenging content skill wise like Liadri and more Tribulation like content. More bosses like the Molten Facility Ornstein and Smough fight and Tequatl. Generally the masses have complained about that content being too hard so I see ANET to continue to release content with low challenge and requiring a significant time investment to complete.

I’d also like to see less Zergy content in 2014, almost every living story update has been a mindless zergfest.