Why 80 players?

Why 80 players?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

A little common sense helps… There was tons more Vets and other stuff chasing the people who ran past us. You know what "Train"’ing is in MMO’s right?

(edited by ilr.9675)

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Considering this bad boy will drop ascended weapons, I think you will be lucky if you’re not stuck in the overflow once Teq. is up. Seriously. I think people will wait 30 minutes in advance inside the zone to get a guaranteed spot when the event pops.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Everyone’s worried about how their computers will handle the 80 players. The real question is how Anet’s servers will handle 80 players. If you’ve been in a big 3-way battle in WvW you’ll know that when this many people get together there is AWFUL skill lag. None of your skills will work — all you’ll have is autoattack.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I’m confused how the number of people is a problem. Right now easily more than 50-60-70 people will show up for claw of jormag and the new Tequatl will be much more rewarding (in theory).

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

80ppl = my CPU melted…Please ANET, before you do this, optimise the game so it uses more of our video cards and less from our CPU, or we will watch some kind of powerpoint slideshow of Tequatl when we fighting it!

More likely Black & White. Black every time the game shuts down, white everytime your screen freezes. :P

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

omg… months ago were countless posts about how the dragons were too easy… Anet listened to us…

sighs I knew this post would come…

One extreme to the other…. As usual….
And to think… you havent even tried it yet….

/troll on

no, we have not tried it yet. But if the number of players is the main concern anet has for this encounter, well… would you say insane zerging hasn´t been the focus of quite a few recent additions to the game?

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

I can’t wait for the restructure; it was sorely needed. Yes, you should actually have to put a little bit of effort into playing a game.

Also, I hope they set this up well… I still think that the dragons (and other champion events to a lesser extent) should revolve around a core group of structured players and have the “zerg” as more or less a sort of support function to the campaign. This way you still have the whole “no need for groups, just play as you go” aspect of things, but it also requires a bit more tact than a straight up zerg rush.

I also hope that the turrets aren’t annoying and a pain in the kitten to use like some of the siege equipment are in game. Hopefully, they restructure some of this “pve siege” equipment to be more intuitive and have a good flow to their use in battle. They really need to make sure that the players on these things are able to be active enough and have a significant enough of an impact on the flow of battle to make them noticeable. For example, in Vindictus when players successfully shoot down a dragon, it’s pretty much a given for players to congratulate each others effort with a “well done.” I would love to see the siege weapons in GW2 to have a similar impact on players in the “raid”, where they too appreciate the support brought on by players using siege weapons. It’s just a kind of cool thing in game communities when things can come together like that.

I also hope that the waves of minions aren’t just an annoyance and actually killable, unlike the ones currently at the Claw Jormag (everyone just ignores them and it’s pointless to try and do so when they have so much freaking health…).

I just really hope that this all comes together well to make the fight actually active and take a little bit of effort to complete while being entertaining.

(edited by Sollith.3502)

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I think they just forgot about events scaling when they designed the new Tequatl.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

For a second I thought you said it’s for level 80s only and then I realised you meant it takes at least 80 players.

I guess this is the new version of time gating. Just create content that you need so many players for that it will rarely get done because either you don’t get enough people or you do and half of them get disconnected.

I can see the rage posts…..you know getting disconnected just before he dies, missing out on loot.

Sounds like a good idea.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Anet expect 99.99% of their player base to have high end pcs…… or laptops….

I got a high end pc yet i still experience lags..

I truly don’t understand why they keep adding zerk contest when their engine can’t handle a kitten

Why 80 players?

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

I’m laughing so hard at this. I can barely get 20 people for Teq on a good day. How can Anet expect me to gather 80 people on a server that barely has that many? Please Anet, for the love of all that is good in this game, think when you come up with new ideas for raids/dungeons/pve! Think about the servers with a low population that probably don’t even have 80 people on them.

Get off that low pop server?

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Magxene.2579

Magxene.2579

I’m really not liking how everything is going towards zergs.. First with the invasions and now with this upcoming update. The computer I am using can’t handle that kind of graphics lag. I’ve been wanting to purchase a new computer but with all these coming zerg related content, it’s pressuring me to hurry up and purchase one. So, please ANet be more mindful those players that can’t handle massive zergs.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

I can solo what Anet stated requires 5 players.

Anet seems to have “difficulty” making content “difficult”. I wouldn’t be surprised if you could do the new Teq with 20 good players or less.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Considering this bad boy will drop ascended weapons, I think you will be lucky if you’re not stuck in the overflow once Teq. is up. Seriously. I think people will wait 30 minutes in advance inside the zone to get a guaranteed spot when the event pops.

Until people realize that the chance of getting an ascended weapon is probably about the same as the chance of getting hit with a hailstone in the middle of the Sahara.

I sincerely hope I’m wrong, but given the history with precursors, I’m skeptical.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Quoting this because you guys need to read it and calm down.

As someone who was fortunate enough to try the new Tequatl encounter yesterday, I found it exhilarating and a lot of fun. I greatly look forward to seeing it on live and brainstorming strategies with my servermates on how to bring him down.

There’s a bunch of things to keep in mind about what you saw on the livestream. The developer intervention seemed to be only just enough to progress the event along so they could show the whole event off for the live stream. There were only 20 players playing during the live stream at any given time (60 total split among three groups of 20). We did also have developers and alpha testers participating on the back end as well. But I’m willing to bet we didn’t have near the 80+ players they said we’d need to successfully complete the event.

Also, we were playing with a bunch of people we had never played with before and playing mechanics we had never encountered before. And a lot of us didn’t even have time to digest the new mechanics and take advantage of LFG tool before we had to jump into the fray.

Another thing to keep in mind we were dumped onto pre-generated characters and many of us were playing unfamiliar builds. Most folks barely had a chance to swap out to different weapon sets. And all the pre-made characters were on accounts with keybinds set to default, which very much felt like playing with your hands tied behind your back if you rely heavily on customized keybinds.

What you saw on the livestream was a lot rougher than what we’ll likely see on live due to all these factors. I’m sure once it goes live and we’re playing on builds we’re familiar with, playing with our own keybinds, and actually have some level of coordination (especially when folks take more advantage of the new LFG tool), things will go a LOT smoother.

I’ve personally experienced encounters that required the same level of coordination and strategy in City of Heroes (the Hamidon Raid revamp). The COH community banded together and came up with strategies to bring the Hami down regularly and reliably. And in doing so, we bonded and our server communities became incredibly tight-knit as a result of the experience.

Don’t fret! I’m confident that our GW2 community will totally be able to come up with some strategies to bring Tequatl down! We can do it!

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Teq will go the way of all content/areas where anet has catered to the mythical hardcore player, it will simply empty of players. I say mythical as there are signs of life on the forums, but they don’t exist in-game. Teq will be the new Grenth, a failure fest that will die as an event. We don’t really have to speculate much on this as we already have examples of how it will play out in the game. It’s quite sad as balance in open world PvE is not difficult and most MMO’s nail it without much thought. GW2 is struggling here and I don’t really understand why.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Quoting this because you guys need to read it and calm down.

As someone who was fortunate enough to try the new Tequatl encounter yesterday, I found it exhilarating and a lot of fun. I greatly look forward to seeing it on live and brainstorming strategies with my servermates on how to bring him down.

There’s a bunch of things to keep in mind about what you saw on the livestream. The developer intervention seemed to be only just enough to progress the event along so they could show the whole event off for the live stream. There were only 20 players playing during the live stream at any given time (60 total split among three groups of 20). We did also have developers and alpha testers participating on the back end as well. But I’m willing to bet we didn’t have near the 80+ players they said we’d need to successfully complete the event.

Also, we were playing with a bunch of people we had never played with before and playing mechanics we had never encountered before. And a lot of us didn’t even have time to digest the new mechanics and take advantage of LFG tool before we had to jump into the fray.

Another thing to keep in mind we were dumped onto pre-generated characters and many of us were playing unfamiliar builds. Most folks barely had a chance to swap out to different weapon sets. And all the pre-made characters were on accounts with keybinds set to default, which very much felt like playing with your hands tied behind your back if you rely heavily on customized keybinds.

What you saw on the livestream was a lot rougher than what we’ll likely see on live due to all these factors. I’m sure once it goes live and we’re playing on builds we’re familiar with, playing with our own keybinds, and actually have some level of coordination (especially when folks take more advantage of the new LFG tool), things will go a LOT smoother.

I’ve personally experienced encounters that required the same level of coordination and strategy in City of Heroes (the Hamidon Raid revamp). The COH community banded together and came up with strategies to bring the Hami down regularly and reliably. And in doing so, we bonded and our server communities became incredibly tight-knit as a result of the experience.

Don’t fret! I’m confident that our GW2 community will totally be able to come up with some strategies to bring Tequatl down! We can do it!

He ultimately failed it. There is no comfort here.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

I am just waiting for that first person to say he solo’d it.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I can solo what Anet stated requires 5 players.

Anet seems to have “difficulty” making content “difficult”. I wouldn’t be surprised if you could do the new Teq with 20 good players or less.

Not sure about that… but I guarantee 45 ppl could if they were all the dungeon regs

Why 80 players?

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

I’m willing to bet someday when people get really good at him, less than 80 people will be able to pull it off, that tends to be how anything works in an MMO. It’s balanced for 80 average players though though and scales up into the hundreds because we want to make epic, large scale encounters available to players out in the open world. We’ll have a mix of a lot of different types of encounters as we continue to update our boss and world encounters, but Tequatl specifically is intended to go for the epic scale.

The idea is we’re going to make him hard, and require a lot of players, he needs to have rewards that make that time worthwhile. In the next update the same philosophy will apply to the karka queen, who will get a bump to her rewards as well given her difficulty; her base line player number is much lower than 80.

Extra bonus info: The highest chance of having a rare chance ascended weapon for you is on Tequatl’s daily bonus chest if you defeat him: game on.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: PainShot.7154

PainShot.7154

Extra bonus info: The highest chance of having a rare chance ascended weapon for you is on Tequatl’s daily bonus chest if you defeat him: game on.

If that chance is less than 5%, delete right now that “bonus info”. Stop making false ilusions… im tired of that…

Why 80 players?

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

I’m willing to bet someday when people get really good at him, less than 80 people will be able to pull it off, that tends to be how anything works in an MMO. It’s balanced for 80 average players though though and scales up into the hundreds because we want to make epic, large scale encounters available to players out in the open world. We’ll have a mix of a lot of different types of encounters as we continue to update our boss and world encounters, but Tequatl specifically is intended to go for the epic scale.

The idea is we’re going to make him hard, and require a lot of players, he needs to have rewards that make that time worthwhile. In the next update the same philosophy will apply to the karka queen, who will get a bump to her rewards as well given her difficulty; her base line player number is much lower than 80.

I love the idea, and the mass events is great. However, I think if you are going to do this and require such large numbers for mass stuff, that you should have a notification thing (similar to the current one for Scarlet Briar) that tells us when these epic events are happening. I think participation would be much more likely. Just make it so we can turn it off and on, for those who aren’t interested.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

If I may pose a question.

Will the system which allows the Scarlet Invasions to ‘echo’ in to overflow servers be applied to this and other current large-scale events? Because that would be stupendous.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

If that chance is less than 5%, delete right now that “bonus info”. Stop making false ilusions… im tired of that…

5%? 5% is still too high. I bet this will be like 0.01% or so. In other words just a illusion, impossible. Only the “lucky” people will get them from the event.

Sorry for my english.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If 80 people are required, is Tequatl’s chest (not the bonus one) lootable more than once a day? If not, not enough people will show up after prime time, especially on the lower pop servers.

Why 80 players?

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

I love the idea, and the mass events is great. However, I think if you are going to do this and require such large numbers for mass stuff, that you should have a notification thing (similar to the current one for Scarlet Briar) that tells us when these epic events are happening. I think participation would be much more likely. Just make it so we can turn it off and on, for those who aren’t interested.

We’re looking into this functionality yes! If we end up messaging multiple bosses long term we’ll likely make this an option you can turn on/off in the options panel so people not interested can ignore the spamalot.

Will the system which allows the Scarlet Invasions to ‘echo’ in to overflow servers be applied to this and other current large-scale events?

During the release Tequatl will work this way yes, all overflows created within 10 mintues or so of Tequatl arriving will also inherent the event. We’re doing this manually right now while our engineering team works on the ability to have this handled automagically by the system, once that is completed we’d roll that concept out to other major encounters as the default behavior…forever. No ETA on this, but we’re working on it right now.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

So, don’t do Teq. There is a number of other dragons and stuff in the world that don’t have such high requirements. Surely they can put in one high pop raid boss without you all getting up in arms….

Why 80 players?

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

If 80 people are required, is Tequatl’s chest (not the bonus one) lootable more than once a day? If not, not enough people will show up after prime time, especially on the lower pop servers.

It is yes, Taco will have normal every time rewards (rewards for each 25% health interval you’re able to take him down) as well as a bonus daily reward roll you can also get for defeating him.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Will the system which allows the Scarlet Invasions to ‘echo’ in to overflow servers be applied to this and other current large-scale events?

During the release Tequatl will work this way yes, all overflows created within 10 mintues or so of Tequatl arriving will also inherent the event. We’re doing this manually right now while our engineering team works on the ability to have this handled automagically by the system, once that is completed we’d roll that concept out to other major encounters as the default behavior…forever. No ETA on this, but we’re working on it right now.

Awesome

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

It is yes, Taco will have normal every time rewards (rewards for each 25% health interval you’re able to take him down) as well as a bonus daily reward roll you can also get for defeating him.

Very nice.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Meeks.1079

Meeks.1079

Teh descriptions of the fight mention a ton of aoe going on. Does this mean my ranger pet is going to be dead 3 seconds into this fight and leave me doing a fraction of my dps?

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Are there any plans to make the dragons also less stationary? Because currently they don’t really move around much (resulting in many players safely standing to the side). I realize some of the new attacks that Tequatl has will help solve the issue of save zones. But that still can’t disguise the fact that these kinds of bosses tend to stand around in the same spot constantly. Any plans to change this?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Why 80 players?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

What number would be satisfactory to you? When you log on you get one in the mail?

Why 80 players?

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

you’ve got a great point there OP.

If we were to believe that this game wasn’t end game oriented, or that you don’t have to rush to the end or the fallacy that Anet did it differently in saying but not actually making the game require max level to enjoy it or completely forgetting that they wanted to include the entire world originally by adding permanent new content and having downscaling to zones in the first place, then they’d make these types of things happen in zones that are not level 80 and don’t require exotic gear to participate in.

By making it harder they might just be reinforcing that problem.

I kind of see your point but I just had an opposite experience on the invasions. I was in Gendarren on my lvl 29 thief. Invasion hit. Instead of fleeing or ignoring it, I joined in. I was only down once and ended up gaining 2 levels. We beat Scarlet and I even received good loot.

My armor and weapons are crappy right now. But I was still able to participate and contribute at a low level.

For me, the downscaling has always seemed to work in practice. I think that people at the zone level for the boss will still be able to participate. However, if it terms out that is not true, then I will 100% agree with you.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

The idea is we’re going to make him hard, and require a lot of players, he needs to have rewards that make that time worthwhile.

Nice to know PvE players get nice rewards for spending a few minutes fighting one enemy; whilst we WvW players need to spend a lot more time, hours even days or months, to get anything close to something equal.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Sarius.6983

Sarius.6983

Nice info, but not too thrilled on the fact that it’s the dreaded " chance" on getting said item, even after a full complete of it.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Attachments:

Why 80 players?

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Hope the failure rewards are decent enough to keep people interested in Tequatl after the living story moves on to something else.

Also are you going to add a pre-event to Tequatl now that he has a time limit? I know you can use APIs to know his spawn window, but it’s boring to just sit around and wait for him to spawn. Since he will have a time limit won’t people lose some precious time simply waiting the minute or so for the full zerg to show up?

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

(rewards for each 25% health interval you’re able to take him down)

If this was on a personal level and each 25% factored your contribution, it could stop people from running in at the last second or just standing off to the side until it’s over and getting full credit with 0 effort.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

You are aware that with this change, Tequatl will go the way of the Karka Queen. People will attempt Tequatl a time or two, fail the event and will never go back to that encounter again. It doesn’t matter what quality of loot he drops. People don’t want to bang their heads against their desks. People want to succeed. WoW tried something very similar with ‘Oondasta’. It was a colossal failure.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

What number would be satisfactory to you? When you log on you get one in the mail?

http://xkcd.com/1252/

If the odds are .001% normally and they tripple them to an astonishing .003% for this chest… odds are good you’ll still never get one from this. And it’s the daily chest, so you only get one shot at it per day.

IF you get one, then there’s no promise that it will have the stats you want (as I understand, you’ll be able to choose the type of weapon, but not the stats). Given that it’s a once-a-day shot for something that has about a 1 in 5 chance of having the stats you want, I’d say that the “boosted” odds being 5% is actually a good target. That’s if they’re account bound, that is.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

You are aware that with this change, Tequatl will go the way of the Karka Queen. People will attempt Tequatl a time or two, fail the event and will never go back to that encounter again. It doesn’t matter what quality of loot he drops. People don’t want to bang their heads against their desks. People want to succeed. WoW tried something very similar with ‘Oondasta’. It was a colossal failure.

So did Rift with one of their colossal enemies before the change to F2P. They wanted to change up the system and make it harder when they had problems with the combat system already in place that they never addressed, it turned into a massive failure if I recall.

I think the age old argument of “fix what’s there now before you bring in something new” can apply this title. Fix boss/champ immunity to CC, fix the condition damage inconsistent damage types, fix the maximum stacks of condition damage, fix healing and you’ll actually have the proposed Arenanet-trinity prior to this boss model being released so that more people will get involved. Most especially we’ll need to see a fix to the rewards system prior as well because when bosses, chests, etc are affected by the loot Wi Flag system or DR nobody wins.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Brilliant, thanks Colin! Really cannot wait to see how the world grows and these encounters become the epic cream on top of the DE cake. That said, I still hope you guys update DEs around the world and make them more immersive and intertwined into each zone, I think the potential to become amazing is definitely there to be constantly built upon.

That said, I can’t wait to take on Tequatl 2.0 when he finally lands in all his glory.
A few things I’m wondering though:
A) How will he function in the new LFG tool? Will you be able to be pulled into the fight when joining a group?
- I think it will be really useful to advertise through the tool and pull players to the fight, especially when you know there aren’t enough players to finish the battle.
B) Will the “messaging tool” be able to notify players across all maps?
- If you opt to enable this feature, it will help inform players when it will occurring so they can go join in the fight, while going on with whatever you’re interested in doing. Camping a spot in wait of a boss is not exciting and should by all rights be eliminated.
C) Will there be an efficient way to get to the fight, seeing how nearby waypoints will be locked?
- I know the idea behind this is not cut mindlessly throwing yourself at the boss, and help enforce strategic planning. However, let’s say a player at LA learns that the fight is happening, and wants to jump in, then locking WPs will only penalize him. It might even discourage players that want to jump in, since the figure the probably wont make it in time, so why bother. By design it should be built to encourage players to join in, so I think the WPs should be locked to downed players, or there should be a “special WP” that’s only accessible to players off map.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

People who quit Tequatl after two fails should quit playing. Srsly. fails should be expected at this world boss events especially the dragon events if the players are doing nothing but spamming 1. Tequatl was boring as hell and free loot and the players asked for dragon fights to be more challenging. Now he gets buffed and you are complaining that people will quit tequatl after 2 fails? Srsly what do you want? Loot Pinatas? If this is what the community wants then i can only say one thing: this community is the biggest fail i’ve ever seen.

But only if this community wants things to be free loot.

And the “people dont want challenges, they want to suceed” thing. Bullkitten. All people i know want challenging stuff, they want the dragon fights to be rewarding AND challenging. They dont want them to be loot pinatas where you could bash your keyboard with your head and gain loot, and they are looking forward to a dragon fight you can actually fail.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Assuming he will drop them, instead of "dropping " them the same way he’s dropping precursors now.

Ah yes, here it is. If the biggest chance for ascended weapon is rare (and we know that here it means usually less than one percent, based on all the rare and better than rare drops from rng boxes), we can just forget about it.

What number would be satisfactory to you?

For an one-per-day chance in an event i’m highly likely to fail? A % chance in double digits. If the event turns out to be really hard, in high double digits.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Why 80 players?

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Taco o_O?

Anyhow, everything sound almost “too good”. I just hope this don’t end being another “manifesto flop”.

I’m counting on you Mr. Johanson

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Why 80 players?

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

Ah yes, here it is. If the biggest chance for ascended weapon is rare (and we know that here it means usually less than one percent, based on all the rare and better than rare drops from rng boxes), we can just forget about it.

Considering that there will be 80 or more players fighting Tequatl, even a 1% chance is pretty high. You might not get an Ascended weapon but someone probably will.

What number would be satisfactory to you?

For an one-per-day chance in an event i’m highly likely to fail? A % chance in double digits. If the event turns out to be really hard, in high double digits.

Yeah, the one thing we need is for Ascended weapons to drop like candy. The only thing you should be guaranteed or have a high chance of getting is an exotic, some rares, and the tier 7 materials that were promised.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Still not a huge fan of how laggy this is going to be.

Wish they wouldn’t aim for such insane pop requirements.

But w/e, as long as this is the only one I guess.

A fun event is no longer fun when it becomes a slideshow.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Considering that there will be 80 or more players fighting Tequatl, even a 1% chance is pretty high. You might not get an Ascended weapon but someone probably will.

To be fair, that only matters if the gear is trade-able. If it’s not, then drops other people get effectively do not exist for you. Personally, I hope they can be traded, but I expect otherwise.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Why 80 players?

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

If it’s like getting a precursor or even a simple exotic out of the chest, well… You know people’s gonna go back to the champs zerg trains in a matter of days, don’t you?