Control.8154

Can I have your stuff too? :O

I’m willing to split with Limit.

HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Can I have your stuff? and bye lol.

He’s probably going to flush it all into the mystic toilet and make you watch.

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

“Friendliest community” lmao.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

“Friendliest community” lmao.

What? That’s the traditional way to say goodbye to whoever comes to the forum to post saying they are leaving.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

Because being rude is the best way to make friends! Go rudeness team!

What amazes me is that the moderators don’t see that it will do more harm being rude to people who leaves than deleting the comments. Do you think this player will ever, EVER, recommend this game to anyone after treated like that? I would not be surprised if they now start actively discouraged people to buy the game, warning them of the hateful community.

(edited by Belorn.2659)

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I met a a woman a few weeks ago, she seemed quite nice. We went out to dinner, it cost $48. We were going to see a movie but we ran way too late, so we went and got coffee and dessert, which ended up costing around $19.

Later we ended up getting a few drinks, which hit around $60 before tips.

It didnt really work out, wasnt interested.

One night of no enjoyment cost more than months/years of GW2.

k.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

What amazes me is that the moderators don’t see that it will do more harm being rude to people who leaves than deleting the comments. Do you think this player will ever, EVER, recommend this game to anyone after treated like that? I would not be surprised if they now start actively discouraged players to buy the game, warning them of the hateful community.

I totally agree, the OP should not have been rude.

Do you see what I did there? You see we can both play that game. Fact of the matter is the OP really was drawing first blood, and it was clear he was unhappy anyway and would never recommend the game.

This really has been a very positive community overall, but that doesn’t mean we have to tolerate the toxicity of people like the originator of this thread. This really has been a very positive community overall, but that doesn’t mean we have to tolerate that toxicity of people like the OP of this thread. If he had just said hey guys hope you enjoy the game, it isn’t for me. But I hope you have fun, see you later. That would have been fine, but that’s not what he did. And that doesn’t obligatel us to be nice and sweet when he started this conversation being vitriolic.

Being nice doesn’t translate to sitting here quietly while someone is spewing acid.

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Take it with a grain of salt.$10 says they dropped this thread then logged back in.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Just a flesh wound.3589

What amazes me is that the moderators don’t see that it will do more harm being rude to people who leaves than deleting the comments. Do you think this player will ever, EVER, recommend this game to anyone after treated like that? I would not be surprised if they now start actively discouraged people to buy the game, warning them of the hateful community.

And if they know of games and forums, they can tell him that that’s the usual response to saying “I’m leaving”

Go check out any game forum, you’ll see.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Can I haz ur stuff? Bye bye!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

And if they know of games and forums, they can tell him that that’s the usual response to saying “I’m leaving”

Ah, the old “everyone does it, so it’s okay” line. Never ceases to amaze how people complain about how others act, yet repeat this like their lives depend on it.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ah, the old “everyone does it, so it’s okay” line. Never ceases to amaze how people complain about how others act, yet repeat this like their lives depend on it.

I was referring to the part where he complains to his friends that because he was asked in the forum, “can I have your stuff” and therefore this means they should not recomend for others to buy this game for that reason, that means that somehow he was treated differently than any other game forum there is or ever was.

If “can I have your stuff” was a reason to not buy a game then no MMO would ever be recommended.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Bye-Bye.

See ya. Enjoy your 1 year of no content WoW.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Yeah, we need to get this thread back on topic.

@OP.
Bye then.
Can I has your stuffs?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

You said you played the game for 3 years and yet you dare to say it’s greedy to charge 50 $/€. Do those complaints in MMO forums ever stop? It’s almost as horrible as in the Destiny forum…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Gryffenne.8639

Gryffenne.8639

“Can I have your stuff?” is the gaming equivalent of “Break a leg.” for stage performers.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So..this is equates to: Paid $50+ for the base game, kittened off that I paid $50+ more for the expansion.

This is different than other MMOs how exactly? People that bought Vanilla WoW when it launched paid that much. Then they forked over $40-$50 more for Burning Crusade. Then another $40-$50 for WotLK. And again for Cata. Sooo…uh, where’s the issue here?

You do realize that it’s not any cheaper to get into WoW currently? The WoD expansion is 49.99 for the standard, plus you need to spent the extra $10 for the vanilla game (because it’s not included). And if you want the other existing expansions, you have to buy those too. You get a discount if you buy multiples, but if you opt to buy them one at a time, they are still close to full price. (Been here, done this)

Yes the core game is now essentially an extensive free trial. WoW has a similar option – play for free up to level 20. Granted its not as extentive as GW2 version, but with all the restrictions (and recent nerfs) the P4F really isn’t all that great of an option. However, on the flip side of the coin, more people may be likely to actually purchase the game considering there isn’t the additional paywall for the base game, that other games have.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

“Seems to be a bit greedy and a punch in the kitten to existing players who have been around for 3 years”

Nonsense, I have been playing since the beginning as well and the punch in the kitten was the heavy focus on the cash-shop while having a B2P game. We should have had the first 50,- expansion over 1,5 year ago instead of all those gem-store item.

This expansion is great, much better than any of the LV updates and it’s a good way to finance a B2P game. Now they only need to keep this focus on expansion and not shift back to the cash-shop.

But for now, So far so good. The new Halloween skins and mini’s are all in-game reward with the exception of the wings. That is how I like to see it and how a B2P game should work!

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

Games get cheaper over time or even become F2P over time. Get over it. When I bought Skyrim on day 1, it was 60 bucks without any of the DLC. Now, you can buy the GOTY edition for 40 bucks and it has all of the DLC. Should I say that Bethesda needs to give me all the money back that I spend on their DLC plus an extra 40 bucks to make up the difference from the base game? No, because that’s completely ridiculous.

This topic has already been made with people voicing similar complaints. The reality is this is a delusional view to have of how buying things works. Most products go down in price over time in. I bought the original ipod touch when it came out. I can’t even remember how much it cost, but I bet it doesn’t sell for even 20% of what it once was.

You played this game for 3 years. If you feel like the devs somehow owe you something after that time, sorry, but that’s just silly. I honestly am amazed how many people need this simple fact of life explained to them.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Can I haz your gold? kthx.

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I agree with OP…if I remember correctly, GW1 expansion was only $30. HoT’s price is a bit much for the content we getting. It does seem like corporate greed is driving Anet nowadays, in a way they are the new EA gaming company.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

What? That’s the traditional way to say goodbye to whoever comes to the forum to post saying they are leaving.

Yeah but do keep in mind that for some this is their first MMO. Even though many of us know that traditional good-bye since forever (I first used it in EQ1 on the allakhazam forums :P ), not everyone even knows about other MMOs at all.

Still, I want to have OP’s stuff, too :’(

Toxic players in this thread, leave the game and give me all your stuff! The community would better, the game would attract more players and I would be insanely rich!

But then you would be a rich player, which means you’re toxic, which means since you are in this thread that you have to leave. Which means I get your stuff, yes?

I agree with OP…if I remember correctly, GW1 expansion was only $30. HoT’s price is a bit much for the content we getting. It does seem like corporate greed is driving Anet nowadays, in a way they are the new EA gaming company.

In a way true, but …

• It was 40$ (or 35€).
  • Nowadays due to >16% inflation, the raw money cost alone would be 46,5$. So yeah.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

I learned something new today.

Anyone who has anything except the highest praise for everything GW2 related is toxic.

Thanks guys! Learning is fun!

BG

I learned something new today.

Anyone who has anything except the highest praise for everything GW2 related is toxic.

Thanks guys! Learning is fun!

Because complaining about practically nothing makes us hero’s instead!

Posted by: Eddie Mo.7169

Eddie Mo.7169

Well considering that the first 2 days contained people like “Grind wars 2” “give me my money back” “such a disappointment” “GG Anet”

Id say calling them toxic is well deserved. This one wasn’t necessarily topic but still whined like one.

Just like the mega critic thread. First ten reviews were 0-5 averaging a 2.3. Then the players that actually played the game came to review and now it’s at a 6.5 and it’s still going up.

You can always tell who the spoiled, snob nosed and entitled people are: the ones who whine at every little impediment and quit, while the real mature people play the game through before reviewing regardless of how good or bad the game is.

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Seems to be a bit greedy and a punch in the kitten to existing players who have been around for 3 years

I stopped reading this poorly written wall of text after this.

You played for 3 years and you’re crying about $50? Do you know that it costs money to make games? You know your money pays for development, right?

Be gone. Get a job and get off my lawn.

Posted by: xXBAKESXx.6731

xXBAKESXx.6731

Can I also have your stuff

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Seems to be a bit greedy and a punch in the kitten to existing players who have been around for 3 years

You played for 3 years and you’re crying about $50? Do you know that it costs money to make games? You know your money pays for development, right?

The price we over-paid for the “expansion” is the price of newer games nowadays that was built from the ground up, that’s where most of the cost is incurred…GW2 is 3 years old. How can they justify pricing it the same as a new game?

Just a flesh wound.3589

The price we over-paid for the “expansion” is the price of newer games nowadays that was built from the ground up, that’s where most of the cost is incurred…GW2 is 3 years old. How can they justify pricing it the same as a new game?

The same way WoW justified charging $60 on top of a monthly $15 subscription fee for a 10 year old game?

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

You’ve had months to save up for the expansion, everyone has. If you think $60 is bad for another 2-3 years of content then I think you need to reconsider, if anything Anet has been incredibly generous with the decisions they’ve made, even offering to refund copies of the game purchased before HoT pre-release.

The main hiccup so far that actually affects core is the changes to dungeon rewards and the poor balancing/ gold sinks in fractals which may become trivial very soon.

If you really can’t afford to buy the expansion then fair enough, but to act like it’s their problem for not accommodating for you is just wrong.

Furthermore moving away from purely casual content and making open world challenging was a great move and if a nerf bat comes I will be the one complaining.

very special guild tag [tX]

probably because newer games squeeze the same amount money out of you through several, lesser price, lesser content, but more frequent DLC’s. Probably because the price of making games has gone way up over the years, while staying around the same selling price.

(edited by Zanther Deathbringer.4762)

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

I can’t imagine whats your stance on any other game where ~10-14 hours of game play costs 40-50 Euros.
I bet you only play F2P games.

I have 1333 hours of play, over GW2s lifespan. I think it was worth the 50 euros (or was it 40?). Now HoT adds another double (or triple) digit amount of gameplay hours. So I think even HoT is worth it.
Other then that I’m happy to support Anet with my money for giving me tons of fun hours of gaming.

Posted by: dreadicon.5840

dreadicon.5840

Some things to note: the cost of making a game programming-wise has diminished at about the same rate as the complexity has increased. Art assets, however, have increased, so yes, the game does cost more than it would have last decade.

That said, from what I have seen of the expansion thus far, the length of dev time, and comparing it to the base game at launch, we have about 1/4th the content all-told, 1/2 the content after factoring in quality vs quantity. The new zones are rich and deep, offering much more than previous maps. The initial and replay values are about double that of launch maps of similar scale (accounting for the amount of area packed into these). The quality is indeed much better, but even taking all that into consideration, I can honestly say that this expansion is not the same value as vanilla was.

An appropriate price, including the character slot for veterans, would have been $40, assuming this includes substantial amounts of content soon-to-come in the living world. $50 is too much, but it’s not as far off as I had feared, at least. I will be more critical of quantity in the future when it comes to GW2, and I believe many others will be as well.

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

Some things to note: the cost of making a game programming-wise has diminished at about the same rate as the complexity has increased. Art assets, however, have increased, so yes, the game does cost more than it would have last decade.

That said, from what I have seen of the expansion thus far, the length of dev time, and comparing it to the base game at launch, we have about 1/4th the content all-told, 1/2 the content after factoring in quality vs quantity. The new zones are rich and deep, offering much more than previous maps. The initial and replay values are about double that of launch maps of similar scale (accounting for the amount of area packed into these). The quality is indeed much better, but even taking all that into consideration, I can honestly say that this expansion is not the same value as vanilla was.

An appropriate price, including the character slot for veterans, would have been $40, assuming this includes substantial amounts of content soon-to-come in the living world. $50 is too much, but it’s not as far off as I had feared, at least. I will be more critical of quantity in the future when it comes to GW2, and I believe many others will be as well.

This is in line with how I feel. Regardless, even at $50, it should have come with a character slot since there was a new class and that slot should not just have been for people who pre-purchased.

Posted by: Dr V Discharge.1209

Dr V Discharge.1209

I would pay $50 for this expansion, I’d do it with a smile on my face. But sadly, I live in Australia, so it will cost me $70.31… If Anet thinks I will pay $70 for this expansion they have another thing coming (and it’s not my money!)…

I also feel that this a low blow as I paid a substantial sum of money to buy this game when it came out and then for Anet to turn around and say “Buy it again and get the same things as new players do” is beyond a joke! You can go jump if you think that I’m going to be OK with that.

Posted by: Bbrot.9104

Bbrot.9104

So i bought guild wars a couple years ago at the cost of 50 dollars, as im sure many people have. And recently I’ve started playing it again, when i realized there was an “expansion pack”… I looked into it and it turned out to be $50… What i don’t understand is that if you’re going to add an expansion that costs the same as the original game, and make the original game free, wouldn’t it seem like you’re trying to milk more money out of the people who play the game or already bought it? I mean it seems kind of kitten to me that after you paid $50 for the game they make it free and you have to spend another $50 just to get the expansion and further level your character? In my opinion, A-net could have at least compensated for the people who already purchased the game (redeem the pack using the serial code or something along those lines). It just kind of seems they’re focusing more on profits than on the content being provided to the playerbase :P. Just wanna see if anyone else feels the same way i do…

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

The dead horse is being beaten once again.

Poor little guy.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Scipion.7548

Scipion.7548

All other companies are selling their xpac at least for $20.
GW2 is a buy to play game, they make their profit by selling games, not with subs. So what they did seems logic to me.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The dead horse is being beaten once again.

Poor little guy.

I feel bad for this horse.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

There’s always those who are late to the party, but I think at this point you are actually early for the next one…

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Posted by: Astrella.8930

Astrella.8930

If you buy say a WoW expansion you’re also paying that price and have to pay a monthly subscription. If you buy an expansion to a non-MMO game same case. You’re getting a bunch of extra content, paying for that doesn’t seem unreasonable in the slightest.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

It just kind of seems they’re focusing more on profits than on the content being provided to the playerbase

How DARE Anet want to make profits, it’s outrageous.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

wouldn’t it seem like you’re trying to milk more money out of the people who play the game or already bought it?

yes, it does. That is called running a business. Luckily, as a free willed individual, you can decide for yourself whether the purchase is worth your money or not. Really, it is as simple as that.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I know you think you are important because you paid 50$. But quite honestly, those 50$ isn’t even enough to keep this game running for 3 years. Let alone keep the stock holder happy.

Basically without the cash shop, and people continue paying money for the game. This game won’t survive.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I know you think you are important because you paid 50$. But quite honestly, those 50$ isn’t even enough to keep this game running for 3 years. Let alone keep the stock holder happy.

Basically without the cash shop, and people continue paying money for the game. This game won’t survive.

i know what your getting at, but actually it is.
problem is its stressful and they have to keep putting out new games, like gw1. Its also not as profitable, but its still profitable if you have a hit game.

however i dont think gw2 is a cross over hit any more.

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

I really really doubt it has enough content for 1000 hours.

It doesn’t have to. It only costs $50 afterall.

Well… Guild Wars 1 (with all expansions) cost me something like $100 all up (years before GW2) and I got ~1500 hours in without even scratching the surface of a lot of gameplay elements. It’s a bit of a pity they couldn’t add two professions with the HoT expansion, but ultimately it’s still nice to know that the Guild Wars universe is continuing. It’s a bit of a shame we’re delving deeper into jungle terrain, though – I much preferred the Ascalon-esque landscapes of Eye of the North and had hoped to go northeast (when are we going to push these centaurs out of Kryta?).

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Swift.1930

Your rewards are the time and contents that you enjoyed for the past years that new players won’t be able to experience and play. As for the Play For Free players, they can’t enjoy the game restriction free like you can (go read more on all the restrictions they have)

this has already been discussed here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-Price-Feedback-Base-game-included-merged

This is a good comment. It’s true that we’ve had all those good events and things, and some people even had time to come out of the events with items/loot/rewards. Unfortunately, not everyone has time to be on for all those events (and when they’re over, well… they don’t come back). But that’s something that’s special about the Living World idea.

However, I’d still say that veterans (something determined by amount of hours played, perhaps?) should have been offered some kind of benefits or bonuses. I remember the awesome way we transitioned into Guild Wars 2 – we were given achievements and collections to assemble in Guild Wars 1 that gave us cooler items, titles, and skins to start with in Guild Wars 2. Something like that would have been nice for the transition to Heart of Thorns. Cheap for developers (especially titles, but we did get some of those from Living world events), and yet gives us veterans a stronger sense of belonging and accomplishment.

I’m not really for or against the price issue here; I know the developers need cash to keep the game going, and I also know they’ve lost several fans with the price (I did a pretty stunned doubletake myself). I just feel that there are economical ways to keep both consumers and developers cordial with each other, and that those ways have been largely unconsidered.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: geekgirlonezeroone.1793

geekgirlonezeroone.1793

Everything I said about HoT I take back. I thought 4 zones would be a sham for its price, but they are really big and there’s a lot involved, far more than what the early testers parroted. It would be nice though if it didn’t have so many breaking bugs in it, but we weren’t given everything to test so I guess it’s no surprise if you only allow 50% of the content to be tested then the other 50% is gonna have many unreported bugs.

I’m not certain though about druid class, I gave it a go and wasn’t impressed with both the healing and the dps. I don’t think it fits in with a class that originates purely as physical dps.

Being a mesmer at a jumping puzzle has a lot of oops and downs.

(edited by geekgirlonezeroone.1793)

Swift.1930

Everything I said about HoT I take back. I thought 4 zones would be a sham for its price, but they are really big and there’s a lot involved, far more than what the early testers parroted. It would be nice though if it didn’t have so many breaking bugs in it, but we weren’t given everything to test so I guess it’s no surprise if you only allow 50% of the content to be tested then the other 50% is gonna have many unreported bugs.

I’m not certain though about druid class, I gave it a go and wasn’t impressed with both the healing and the dps. I don’t think it fits in with a class that originates purely as physical dps.

I catch what you mean, and they are kind of cool maps, but they also feel… like giant arcade machines. “Insert Coin” in the jumping mushroom minigame to allow you to jump up some places, “Insert Coin” to go through a door, “Insert Coin”, etc, etc… and so much leveling to reach each coin, too. Not to mention mastery farming (but so far that hasn’t been an issue for me). And if you have no coins, it’s very nearly impossible to do anything on the maps!

But every corner you turn, there’s a little place where an event happens every few minutes. Back in vanilla maps, you can wander quite a ways before you encounter events sometimes. You can walk past houses, caves, villages, wandering merchants, bandits, etc; some of them spawned events that reacted to you or another player, but others happened on their own. HoT maps don’t appear to have any of that, and provide little cause or fuel for wanderlust.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian