Are you going to buy HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Yes, I will buy it. Twice, since I have 2 accounts.

One box version, the other can just be a CD Key.

If there is a Collectors Version, I’ll buy one of those too.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

Yes. Yes. Yes. Hopefully I’ll be able to buy it as soon as it’s released. I’m very excited.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

Off course i will buy it i been playing the game since gw1 , and i really like gw2 just one thing add SCYTHE weapons to the game. Those would be just epic.

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

I keep seeing so many people say things like “Hmm, I don’t think I’ll buy the expansion because for probably 30$ I’m just getting a new class and a bit more.”

- Have you thought that maybe free time is precious? Why would I spend any money on a game that’s going to be soul-crushing grind that makes me question the meaning of my existence? If the game doesn’t teach you anything and if it’s not even fun, what’s the point? Are you going to tell your grandchildren about that time when you farmed 500 gold and 15k achievement points on a game that no longer exists?

Lol@this and most of his posts.

Anyway, I’m probably going to get it. Never paid for GW2, might as well give ANet something now.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Back in my day, you had to farm mobs to get loot! Nowadays, you log in and they just give loot away. Lazy Millennials.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

Deffinitly. I’m addicted to GW2, even if that expansion would add only small changes I would by it anyway.

Trust me. I’m engineer

Posted by: BerriosC.7295

BerriosC.7295

I will definitely be buying the expansion. I just hope that when you go to make a Revenant, you won’t have to start in the same place and follow the same story as we’ve been playing, because it’s gotten really boring. A new starting area and story is what I’m hoping for. I plan on making a Human Revenant, and if I have to start in Divinity’s Reach and choose from the exact character customization options as every other Human I already have, I’m going to be very disappointed. I have 3-4 humans, so I’ve played just about every mission a human can play. I don’t want to play them again.

Posted by: Venevan.9730

Venevan.9730

I am buying the expansion dont care if its 50 euro or more.
Just make sure PvP is balanced and give us fun things to do in PvE to dig around.
If they fix some of the problems currently with the game i might spend a decent amount of money in the cash shop for some gold for the new content to skip most of the grind.

(edited by Venevan.9730)

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Back in my day, you had to farm mobs to get loot! Nowadays, you log in and they just give loot away. Lazy Millennials.

Is that another argument of:
- Things have always been kittenty
- Ergo, they should always stay kittenty

Yeah no.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: PsiQss.6927

PsiQss.6927

I’m definitely going to buy the expansion. Collectors edition, if they release one. I couldn’t get it for the original game though because of the hype that crashed the online retailer’s site for an hour and after that, all their collector editione were gone

And for all of you that worry about deleting old characters – in GW1 each expansion was adding two new professions AND two character slots for your account. So I’m pretty sure HoT will give us another character slot for that Revenant!

Posted by: Kvothe.1467

Kvothe.1467

Absolutely.

My money is on queue, waiting for release.

I feel emotions when I think about you.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’ve seen nothing that makes me feel that I will NOT buy it up to this point. Way too many nay-sayers and speculators opinions being posted and we have far too little REAL information for an intelligent person to make a decision yet….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Based on what’s revealed so far, this is how much the expansion is worth to me.
1) New Map = $5
2) New Story = $5
2) New Profession = $5
3) New Non-RNG skins (weapon, armor) = $5
4) New group content = $0
5) New dynamic events = $0
6) New dungeons = $0
7) New guildhalls = $0
8) New PvP Mode – Stronghold = $5
9) New WvW BL = $5

Thus I am willing to buy the expansion no more than $30.

If I forgot to list anything, it would probably worth $0 to me anyway.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

A Game that I love will get an Expac…… Of course I’m going to buy it.

Posted by: ChyldeMyst.5098

ChyldeMyst.5098

Buying the instant I learn that it is buyable. Digital collectors of course, unless physical offers something really mind blowing like… something personalized for every copy.

<.< All they’d need to include to sucker me into the box set is physical miniatures of the Elder Dragons. I collect pewter dragons, so if they had a miniature Zhaitan or Mordremoth in the expansion, I’d find a second non-vital organ to sell.

You only need half a liver, right?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Is that another argument of:
- Things have always been kittenty
- Ergo, they should always stay kittenty

Yeah no.

Whoosh!

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Already put myself on the list of the most known game shop in belgium. Last time, the gw2 collector’s edition that also had beta access was limited to TWO COPIES ONLY per shop. Crazy kitten. I was very early to pre-order, but still to late (who knows, shop owners might have been the ones who pre-ordered). So the second work day after hearth of thorns announcement (if you don’t include saturday, only one day later), i went to shop. I knew it wouldn’t be in their system, but they didnt mind, they put me in their computer as nr 1 pre-order.

So no guild wars team, you won’t succeed in canceling my beta acces

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

Absolutely!
I’m not bananas over getting to play the Revenant profession (though I AM bananas that it’s being added :P), but I’m psychotically hyped about the specializations. It’s something I’ve hoped for, for a verrrry long time. Staunch profession diversity, yespls.

Hoopa doopa.

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

Of course! Only question is for how much. I’ll wait for a sale if I must. There are other games out there that I can play in the meantime.

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I don’t think everything has to have some deep didactic purpose. There’s nothing wrong with taking some time to decompress and relax your brain. I use the game to relieve stress, and relieving stress is healthy.

- Fair enough. But is it relaxing though? My experience of logging into game has been that the game gives me laundry list of tasks that I should be doing. I think fun things are those that are spontaneous, the opposite of goal-oriented and organized behavior.

I believe the answer to that is entirely a matter of personal taste.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

If it’s priced reasonable, I will buy it!
I’m talking like 15-35$

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

It is my intention to pre-order two copies. One for myself and one for my roommate… though it does make me wonder what the pre-order bonuses will be?

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

I will be pre-ordering the physical collectors edition if there is one.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Considering people already spent God knows how many $$ on cosmatic stuffs from Gem stores, I’m saying buying this expansion seems much more worthwhile.

If you can’t even take out that kind of money, you probably are not going to purchase anything anyway in the first place.

Posted by: Librascythe.3152

Librascythe.3152

My first thought after reading an article about this expansion is something from Fry on futurama “Shut up and take my money!” which sums up my feelings very well.

I’m wondering if they are going to follow the original guild wars expansion and include a free character slot to those that buy it, would be nice giving a chance to include the new profession in one lump sum.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I won’t be buying it.

Thanks to a (potentially) lucky release window, it’ll be given to me for my birthday instead! I shall likely ask for cash for gems for some character slots and other bobbins. Despite not liking some decisions made over the last year or so, and despite the "Heart of Thorns" name giving me the impression of a Mills & Boon novel, I still find the game to be enjoyable, even if I don’t play quite as much as I used to. Yeah, I can have a grumble about it every now and then, and I’ll put it down and do something else for a bit instead. The joy of the non-subscription model and all that. The prospect of hang gliding, even in just the smallest measurement, is exciting (since I jacked in ArcheAge, I’ve been missing flight).

Might buy it for my kid, though. But only if I think it’s suitable.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

Buyer here.

How can one not have new classes and areas to explore. I bought all the GW1 games/expansions and was always pleased with them. For entertainment value a good game is super inexpensive when compared to something as common as a basic cable sub.

If new shinnies are also added to the gem store I may splurge there too. Make the release an occasion! Now hurry up ANET and surprise us all by releasing it early!

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I’m already throwing money at my screen, but sadly nothing is happening.

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I will buy it (twice 2nd account is played by my wife). I just play sPvP but I love this game.

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

Ofcourse! I think all of the stuff sounds awesome.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Is this a trick question?

A new weapon option for each prof, specializations, masteries, a new prof, new zones, new PvP mode, new borderlands map, what’s not to like? Hell, I’d buy it just for the specializations, PvP mode and borderlands map, let alone the other stuff as well.

Personally, from what I understand so far, I think the specialization and mastery systems are a really elegant way of adding more progression without adding power creep or gear treadmills. So thank you very VERY much for that Anet. I cannot wait to read more about it.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

YES YES YES

And I bet 90% of the nay sayers will buy it anyways

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

As far as the grandchildren reference, why do you play games at all if that is going to be your legacy? No game you play today will exist when your grandchildren come along. What would be the difference between telling your grandchildren what you said above and saying, “Well, I had the most amazing experience playing a game that doesn’t exist now and you have never heard of.” Either way, your grandchild will not care. So by your measure, no one should play games at all. Yet, you obviously are.

- There are games whose goal is to waste your time, and there are games that offer an experience. I can see how someone who picks up a game like Civilization would utilize it’s gameplay to cultivate curiosity of history and politics. I can see how chess players would transfer their analytical skills to other tasks in life. Playing a role in a game with actual story could help to appreciate different viewpoints to life. Even first person shooters are said to develop hand-eye coordination and perception.

What does this teach? Turn your brain off, join the zerg, beat the bad guy and collect your RNG loot. Gives you a rush to see rare item drop. Rinse and repeat.

I don’t think everything has to have some deep didactic purpose. There’s nothing wrong with taking some time to decompress and relax your brain. I use the game to relieve stress, and relieving stress is healthy.

^This. I play the game for the same reason. Stress relief.

That being said, this game like a first person shooter can also increase eye/hand coordination. There are many combo skills and techniques that take thought and skill.

If you choose to zerg, that is your decision but it is not the whole of game play. There is plenty to do individually or in small groups.

There are actual stories in this game. Many of them. On top of the living story and the personal story, the world is rich with dialog and characters that add to the lore and history of Tyria.

Zenith, if you are not finding these things, it is not the fault of the game. If you don’t enjoy them, that is also not the fault of the game.

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

I’d buy it if it can be bought for gems and if it fixes the major issues that I have with GW2 atm.

I wont pay actual money for it because Arenanet doesn’t deserve my money at the current state of the game.

Posted by: Vella the knight.6072

Vella the knight.6072

If it is priced around $20 -$30, then sure!

this their adding some basic features that was at launch for gw1.
It shouldn’t be a costly if they want people to buy it. and for me someone who is kinda of salty with the lack of stuff they added to gameplay wise for past 2.5 years but still sort of play it from time to time.

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

Yes!
…for fair price…

Posted by: RLHawk.3290

RLHawk.3290

1) New Map = $5
2) New Story = $5
2) New Profession = $5
6) New dungeons = $0
7) New guildhalls = $0
9) New WvW BL = $5

Odd to me that the new group content, dynamic events, guild halls, and possible dungeons they’re adding are worth nothing to you. …would you honestly prefer to have each bit separate from each other kitten DLC? Because that’s what you’re asking for. I personally think it’s much better to do it the way they’re doing as a complete package.

Anyway, in regards to OP — yes, I’ll definitely be buying GW2 HoT!

As a side node, if I’d been paying $15/month for a subscription, then I’d have paid close to $500 already. I’d gladly buy this expansion even for $60.

IGN: Elvendir (Elementalist)
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by RLHawk.3290)

Posted by: Vella the knight.6072

Vella the knight.6072

1) New Map = $5
2) New Story = $5
2) New Profession = $5
6) New dungeons = $0
7) New guildhalls = $0
9) New WvW BL = $5

Odd to me that the new group content, dynamic events, guild halls, and possible dungeons they’re adding are worth nothing to you. …would you honestly prefer to have each bit separate from each other kitten DLC? Because that’s what you’re asking for. I personally think it’s much better to do it the way they’re doing as a complete package.

Anyway, in regards to OP — yes, I’ll definitely be buying GW2 HoT!

As a side node, if I’d been paying $15/month for a subscription, then I’d have paid close to $500 already. I’d gladly buy this expansion even for $60.

adding stuff that should of be already added or at launch worth more then 30 dollars what? the hell you spend 500 dollars on this game that is more then a sub game like ffxiv which doesn’t remove content after a month(everything before season 2)

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

1) New Map = $5
2) New Story = $5
2) New Profession = $5
6) New dungeons = $0
7) New guildhalls = $0
9) New WvW BL = $5

Indeed they are not worth buying since I could careless if they add those in or not.

To elaborate, we’ve seen what “group content”, “dynamic event”, and “dungeon” means to ArenaNet — grindfest and zerg train. Thus, they are not worth my time. I rather spend my time exploring, leveling, and PvP/WvW than mindlessly grinding for items that are not even necessary. This is their way of adding false contents because the real contents are lackluster as seen in the past.

As for guildhalls, my guild died long time ago, so no need for a guildhall.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: Pure Hemp.9840

Pure Hemp.9840

Waiting to see how expensive it is, but I do plan on buying it.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

I want to buy it, it looks really good, but what worries me is the price..I’m from Russia and Dollar now is almost twice expensive than it was before, so yeah 60$ is like 120$ for us…not a cheap one expansion is not it

I’m with you man, here in Brazil the dollar has been reaching $2.5 – $3.0 for us, so we’re at the risk of paying 3x the price in our currency.

hah, i am in europe and they have bin outsourcing european players for years, they honestly think $50,- is the same as €50,-…..it’s more likely €45,- inc VAT…….

Posted by: WillyWanka.1782

WillyWanka.1782

Maybe depends on the new content to price ratio

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

- I think he means he has no interest in that kind of content, thus it has no value for him.

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

If you choose to zerg, that is your decision but it is not the whole of game play. There is plenty to do individually or in small groups.

- A game tries to please everybody ends up pleasing nobody. Good games tend to be very well defined in what they attempt to do. Once you’re defined your goal, you can allocate your resources appropriately and hire the right people for the job. Look at Hearthstone for example. Meant to be a side project on Blizzard’s roster and ended up being such a solid card game that it holds consistently high viewer count on Twitch. Once they got the core gameplay down, they could focus on the aspects that make the game have that high quality feeling: card animations, voice-acting, sound effects, card backs, interactive environment, changing playfield and so on.

Story, PvP mode, WvW mode, persistent world. You’ve got to like the whole packet or you’d be wasting your time on sub-par game. For the person who is focusing on one mode, there’s lots of better games available due to how thinly split Anet’s resources are.

Posted by: Arok Vaar.6758

Arok Vaar.6758

Hell yeah! I am gonna buy it. if they would internationally ship collector boxes i would buy that instead. currently taken a 6month break from gw2 to get away from the super-nice community .. i know -.- its kinda wierd.. but i needed to meet more trolls and kittens elsehwere to get my fix of actual gaming community.

Playing archeage atm.. enjoying the trolls, the grind and douchyness. Perfect timing on expansion announcement for me. I should have had enough of the people griefing me in game by then to get back to live in tyria! After paying archeage 150 bucks for thier founder pack… for a horrid coded game.. i would feel happy to pay anet the resonable amount they will ask for an amazing game (for its back end coding) and a waaay-above-average customer relationship than the gaming industry standard.

Cant have everything i guess. when i miss the griefers and raids and live-in-dungeons-for-hrs experinece will play other games too. just wish class balancing wasnt so frequent.I have to now check and read all the tweaks to get up-to-date on whats happeend to the various classes while i was gone.

Love the gliding btw. hope its as awesome as it is in AA (one of very few things that i like about AA). Anet could you please hold seminars for ur industry peers on how to respect and deal with the mmo community? Most of the companies in the mmo sphere need a kick in the butt to stop insulting the gamer within the gamer.

apologies for any typos. corrected so many and after 5 rundowns gonna call it. typo king here-.-

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Yes, I’m going to buy HoT, just like everyone else posting in this thread.

Posted by: QSDragonLord.7421

QSDragonLord.7421

Yes! GW2 has been a great game, and with no subscription, paying for the expansion doesn’t bother me. Let me know when the beta/pre-order is, and I’ll be there.

Posted by: Arok Vaar.6758

Arok Vaar.6758

I want to buy it, it looks really good, but what worries me is the price..I’m from Russia and Dollar now is almost twice expensive than it was before, so yeah 60$ is like 120$ for us…not a cheap one expansion is not it

I’m with you man, here in Brazil the dollar has been reaching $2.5 – $3.0 for us, so we’re at the risk of paying 3x the price in our currency.

hah, i am in europe and they have bin outsourcing european players for years, they honestly think $50,- is the same as €50,-…..it’s more likely €45,- inc VAT…….

From India here gonan be paying 55x the cost in my currency. on a diff note.. with the ping i have with me literally being half way across the world with 12hr time difference from the servers.. thats some awesome programing behind the scenes in gw2.

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Arenanet is going to admit it but is not only due to VAT. It is the same reason why a video game in NA cost 59.99 and it costing a lot more in Austrialia. Also the same reason why my business textbook cost 200 vs only 50 bucks in india.

Yes VAT plays a role, but pricing is department on how much they think customers are willing to play. This is usually done by analyzing how much money customers have in each reason. For Australia since the minimum range apparently is 22 Aussie bucks vs only 7-10 in the US, it means that Aussie should have more disposable income hence kitten cost more. Same applies to most of western Europe.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Story, PvP mode, WvW mode, persistent world. You’ve got to like the whole packet or you’d be wasting your time on sub-par game. For the person who is focusing on one mode, there’s lots of better games available due to how thinly split Anet’s resources are.

Is that so?

I hate PvE and almost everything in it, but I love WvW and PvP. Please give me an example of a better game that gives me a better WvW and PvP experience.

I wouldn’t disagree on me wasting my time on a sub-par game, because I am and the only reason I’m sticking in here is because I have a small shiver of hope that HoT will give WvW the much needed update while perhaps also adding new PvE stuff that isn’t terrible, but I disagree on the notion that there are better WvW games out there. If there are, I would love to hear about them.