Auric Basin Loot "Exploit" [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Please fix the ability to hop between maps after completing the meta and opening chests on multiple maps.

You cannot do this for any other meta event. It’s making it the most efficient and gold per hour. It’s killing other aspects of the game. Please fix this ASAP anet.

I do not like feeling like I’m gimping myself by not doing this exploit.

Please fix it ASAP!

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: SkullProX.7083

SkullProX.7083

Please stop this multi loot thing… it’s really unfair. People do meta 1x in 1hour, why do they have the chance to loot 5-6 instances? Make it so people can only loot in the instance they did the meta… Or only loot once/ every 2h

Posted by: rebalnz.3869

rebalnz.3869

why? its just another method of farming like silverwastes. In the end you need the exalted keys to achieve it so it requires you to do pre events. I think its great thats there another method instead of SW for a change.

SkullProX.7083

No, since you don’t do anything just open chests… WOOW GUYS WE GOT AN ALTERNATIVE FOR SW CHEST FARM…. AB CHEST FARM WOOW SO GREAT….NOT…
It’s so easy to get keys, if you do the last 2-3 events and tarir meta you got enough keys to loot the medium/big chests in 4-5 intance… at least sw is a bit more work…

Posted by: JadOLantern.7142

JadOLantern.7142

Uhm … we do the events before the meta? And why is it unfair? I see a lot of squads on LFG promotes this event.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

The person has to find a 2nd successful AB map, have enough keys, and run it. How is it unfair? Because you don’t want to take the time to find another squad to join for a 2nd map? Or that you don’t have enough keys for a 2nd run though?

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Keys are not a problem. I rarely do any event other than the meta one and my amount of keys/aurilium seems to be going up.
You don’t need to find a 2nd map either. You join a multiloot squad, which will usually have over 4-5 succesful maps on it, and you cycle through all these maps at every big chest. Then swap character and repeat.

The thing is completely broken/unbalanced and should be nerfed but, well, at this point I don’t expect any kind of decent reward balance from ANet.

(edited by Vargamonth.2047)

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I don’t do the multi loot thing. I was just wondering why you think it’s unfair? I could care less if people do it. It doesn’t affect me in anyway. I agree it most likely isn’t what Anet intended. I just don’t understand why you’re upset with people making a little more gold. Jealousy? Investments going south?

Posted by: Aceofsppades.6873

Aceofsppades.6873

I don’t do the multi loot thing. I was just wondering why you think it’s unfair? I could care less if people do it. It doesn’t affect me in anyway. I agree it most likely isn’t what Anet intended. I just don’t understand why you’re upset with people making a little more gold. Jealousy? Investments going south?

It indirectly affects them because it limits how much good loot can be put in those chest.

It also affects them by promoting players to complete multiple ab maps making it easier to get into a map trying to complete the meta.

SkullProX.7083

The person has to find a 2nd successful AB map, have enough keys, and run it. How is it unfair? Because you don’t want to take the time to find another squad to join for a 2nd map? Or that you don’t have enough keys for a 2nd run though?

Love people like you who talk without knowing anything
I have both the time and the keys to do it, but I don’t want to since its a really stupid way of farming. Wow, what a hard job to do find a multi loot squad in lfg, when its full of it. I hope you don’t sweat too much when you find these groups.

Posted by: Venatorn.7619

Venatorn.7619

tl;dr-
“I don’t like it, therefore it is unfair and needs to be changed”

All proffesions 80

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Probably because it’s an obvious case of reward unbalance. There’s no reason for AB meta to have such a big reward.
For those who like it, it’s awesome. For those who don’t, it means either to spend a good amount of time on something you don’t like or getting behind economy wise.

danielrjones.8759

Probably because it’s an obvious case of reward unbalance. There’s no reason for AB meta to have such a big reward.
For those who like it, it’s awesome. For those who don’t, it means either to spend a good amount of time on something you don’t like or getting behind economy wise.

I said I believe it’s not as it intended. I agree there is an imbalance. Why some are upset over it I find odd.

Can the same not be said about people who chest farm in SW for hours at a time? Are we to believe Anet intended for this? Are we to believe Anet intended for people to farm SW chest for hours only to open them on a mid level toon?

Are we to believe the profit from tree farming in Malchors with multiple toons hourly is something Anet intended. And the gold gained from that, does it not create an imbalance?
I don’t do any of the things list above nor do I care if people do? imo if anyone complaining here has done any of these things it is pretty much pot calling the kettle black.

The list of things people do for reward that is not as it was intended extent beyond AB and SW. I found when people complain about what others do, it’s usually not because of imbalance or for maintaining some form of integrity in the game, it’s usually because of personal gain or lack of.

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

Please stop this multi loot thing… it’s really unfair. People do meta 1x in 1hour, why do they have the chance to loot 5-6 instances? Make it so people can only loot in the instance they did the meta… Or only loot once/ every 2h

If you dont like it and wait for it DONT do it and leave others to their own devices no need to whine on forums to try and kill the fun of others ^^

SkullProX.7083

I don’t get it why would anyone think this is an okay farming method… you complete 1 META, YOU LOOT 1X… and don’t compare it to sw, it’s different… SW chests are not locked behind a meta event

(edited by SkullProX.7083)

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Love people like you who talk without knowing anything
I have both the time and the keys to do it, but I don’t want to since its a really stupid way of farming. Wow, what a hard job to do find a multi loot squad in lfg, when its full of it. I hope you don’t sweat too much when you find these groups.

“Join Squad that is set up for multi-IP farming. Swap to other completely ones when finished. Open boxes.”

So what do I not understand about it? Maybe you need to stop assuming things about random people friend.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Other farms that produced much less gold/h than this one were nerfed into the ground, I’d find it weird if this one doesn’t suffer the same fate in the future. You can get well over 50 globs from a single meta plus all the exotics, champ bags etc that come along with it.

FTR, this farm became a big thing once the major April update hit meaning you could open plenty more of the Grand exalted chests while still breaking even on currency. That’s the sticking point for me imo; people who are saying “you still have to buy keys so I don’t see a problem” probably don’t realise you generally (not always, I know) get enough currency + keys from the meta to sustain each loot session.

A very simple fix is outlined in the OP, and it’s one that is already in place (since launch) for Dragon Stand so we know it’s easily doable: only allow players who were on the map on completion of the meta to loot the chests.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

danielrjones.8759

I don’t get it why would anyone think this is an okay farming method… you complete 1 META, YOU LOOT 1X… and don’t compare it to sw, it’s different… SW chests are not lock behind a meta event

Absolutely can be compared to SW chest farming. The point is people reaping rewards in a manner not intended by Anet.

You’re right SW chest farming is not locked out by a meta, almost the reverse though. Chest farmers make it difficult for those who are trying to progress a map to the meta. And one thing for certain Anet did not intend for the actions of some to inhibit the intended design.
Again I have nothing against SW chest farming. If that is how some wish to play and it’s a good source of income for them then by all means chest farm away.

I will say it again, if there is anything anyone does to acquire gold in a manner not intended by Anet (yet allowed) and it is being done by anyone complaining here, then the people complaining are no different than the very people they are complaining about. Of course the AB farm will be nerfed. Just a matter of time. My problem is with people who complain about what people are doing in one map when they are doing relatively the same thing in another map. How you can’t see that makes me question your true motive as to your complaint.

Honestly I expect AB to soon follow what happened in the early days of SW where people could chest farm for hours and hours in front on Amber and never have to do events to get the crest for keys because the chest gave an ample supply. And the chest would respawn faster than they could be farmed.

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

SkullProX.7083

@Ellieanna.5027
I meant this part: " Because you don’t want to take the time to find another squad to join for a 2nd map? Or that you don’t have enough keys for a 2nd run though?"
I do have the time and the keys but still not doing it.

@danielrjones I only did a few hours of cf, and I tried this multiloot once before I started complaining, just to see how it is…. -both were boring and a really kitteny way of farming…. boring, no skill needed… Seriously I like gw2, but the farming methods are just bad… cf or zerg farms where you press autoattack and loot… in other mmos you either farm alone or do dungeons -yes you can farm dungeons/fracs here too but thats the only way of ‘skilled’ but i would rather call it semi-skilled farming….- so yeah i think my point is clear..

danielrjones.8759

@Ellieanna.5027
I meant this part: " Because you don’t want to take the time to find another squad to join for a 2nd map? Or that you don’t have enough keys for a 2nd run though?"
I do have the time and the keys but still not doing it.

@danielrjones I only did a few hours of cf, and I tried this multiloot once before I started complaining, just to see how it is…. -both were boring and a really kitteny way of farming…. boring, no skill needed… Seriously I like gw2, but the farming methods are just bad… cf or zerg farms where you press autoattack and loot… in other mmos you either farm alone or do dungeons -yes you can farm dungeons/fracs here too but thats the only way of ‘skilled’ but i would rather call it semi-skilled farming….- so yeah i think my point is clear..

We may not agree on everything but this part we do. People will flock to that which is most profitable per hour if possible. Not saying its right or wrong, just the nature of the farming beast in most mmo’s

Posted by: Qasa.7293

Qasa.7293

OP can look at his pitiful gold while the rest of us get rich.

SkullProX.7083

Congratulations for getting rich by either pressing 1 or F for hours straight Qasa. I hope you feel accomplished with this really challenging method of acquiring gold.
Oh, and thank you very much, but my wallet is just fine with normal playing, and more skillful ways of farming. But I rather enjoy the game, it’s a game not work after all
Would be nice tho if gw2 would reward skilled players with other farming methods, where the reward is increasing with the players skill, but this mmo is made for ‘casuals after all…’ I like the game, just the farming part is bothering me, some mmos make farming hard and enjoyable too.

@danielrjones
Yep… Most players farm the best gold/hour way, even if its pressing one button for hours….

danielrjones.8759

@SkullProX, Ok I decided to check out this farm to see what all the hoopla is about. Seen people talking about and posting it in lfg. After having done it. All I can say is.

You’re right, I’m wrong.

I don’t recall ever seeing anything like this. Only thing I can think of that comes close is the SW chest farm at Amber people did when SW first came out and before Anet nerf that farm.

Guess next time I should know what I’m talking about before I put my 2 cents worth in. I don’t begrudge anyone for taking advantage of this (even though I wont in the future) while they can. No question at all Anet is already polishing up their nerf bat.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Sounds like OP is unhappy that SW is getting replaced by more effective farming method. I totally don’t understand that perspective.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

I don’t see a problem with AB meta farm..in order to get rich over this you have to spend a ton of time grinding and repeating this boring meta over and over, only the hardcore getting rich off of this farm…

Posted by: Banzairush.4962

Banzairush.4962

I don’t really understand what OP is complaining about. If you nerf AB, players are just gonna jump to the next most braindead profitable gold earning method. Are you gonna complain again then?

SkullProX.7083

@danielrjones Yeah i mean the amount of rares/exos you get on top of the champ bags and ton of other stuff is just…. -You get the map CURRENCY TOO, so you do some events, and then infinite loot…. It’s fine btw, im sure you couldn’t guess how bad this farming is…:D

@ShyShroud I don’t do SW either, try again

@Nemesis No you don’t… meta takes is like 10min usually, really easy and it gives you enough keys+auric currency to buy enough keys and loot 5-6 instances… much work such time…

EDIT: And yeah I really hope that Anet does look into this…

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

This community is lol, first you cry not enough rewards, when we get nice things you cry we got too many nice things, make up your kitten mind..

Posted by: Qasa.7293

Qasa.7293

Congratulations for getting rich by either pressing 1 or F for hours straight Qasa. I hope you feel accomplished with this really challenging method of acquiring gold.
Oh, and thank you very much, but my wallet is just fine with normal playing, and more skillful ways of farming. But I rather enjoy the game, it’s a game not work after all
Would be nice tho if gw2 would reward skilled players with other farming methods, where the reward is increasing with the players skill, but this mmo is made for ‘casuals after all…’ I like the game, just the farming part is bothering me, some mmos make farming hard and enjoyable too.

@danielrjones
Yep… Most players farm the best gold/hour way, even if its pressing one button for hours….

Wow OP, I’m sorry if you think that way, then by your previous post you don’t really know anything There’s an LFG for Raids if you are so hellbent on skillfull farming

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

tl;dr-
“I don’t like it, therefore it is unfair and needs to be changed”

This pretty much sums it up.

Posted by: Margol.3267

Margol.3267

It’s obvious exploit and I hope developers will fix it asap. It’s possible to open about 70+ exalted chests form only one meta or jump between maps and open only grand chests which always drop rare item.

Grand chests also reward 5 aurilium each (key cost which makes it very hard to ran out of keys.

It’s sad that one of best way to earn gold in-game at the moment requires to abuse megaserver technology and in fact is exploit.

Shiyo.3578

Please fix exploits like this Anet. It’s obviously not working as intended.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

On the one hand you have anet’s design team, the balance team, the testing team.
On the other hand you have a couple of people on the forums who think it can’t possibly be meant to work like this.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I’m very amused at this troll thread.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I don’t get it why would anyone think this is an okay farming method… you complete 1 META, YOU LOOT 1X… and don’t compare it to sw, it’s different… SW chests are not locked behind a meta event

This affects you personally….how, exactly?

Who cares if people want to farm. Let them farm. You can still log in every day and do the exact same things you’ve been doing.

You’ve already stated that you COULD do it if you wanted to, but don’t want to. Case closed. Move on.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: JadOLantern.7142

JadOLantern.7142

I’m sorry to say that the AB Farm is not an exploit. It’s been 3 weeks since ArenaNet mods start to monitor the meta event in ab and often they join the squads and participate the event. One of our friend in our squad invite the arenanet guy and explain the whole process of the farm and ask if it’s an exploit. And the answer he got from that person is that the whole farming process itself is not an exploit. And ArenaNet is already monitoring this particular farm and probably it will be nerfed so don’t worry.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

@ShyShroud I don’t do SW either, try again

I will try. Looking at your posts history, you have personal issue with large scale farming. So, being a personal issue, even your reasons are personal.

I suggest everyone to ignore this thread.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

You can do the same thing on all HoT maps, actually. All chests can be opened by anyone with keys. The one difference here would be that those chests require the meta be completed by someone, even if not by you. You can go into vb or td and just start farming.

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I don’t understand why anyone is complaining about it?

Skittish.4539

Because it’s killing the rest of the game. Don’t you get it? GW2 is completely dead now except for this one lone map. Dead I tell you. Dead.

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

It’s their own fault for removing features. You see, GW1 had a simple drop down menu where you picked which instance you wanted to be in. If that had always existed (or at least, always since megaservers) then Anet would have designed around it and this exploit would have been dealt with before it ever occured. So it’s Anets own fault! Exploit away to punish them for taking away features that they invented a decade ahead of their time (customizable UI anyone?) and then removed saying it was an improvement.

This is totally not a sour-grapes style rationalization to justify getting more loot.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Because it’s killing the rest of the game. Don’t you get it? GW2 is completely dead now except for this one lone map. Dead I tell you. Dead.

What do you mean “rest of the game?” You mean there’s something beyond Auric Basin?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

I thought this game has only 1 map: Auric Basin

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

What do you mean “rest of the game?” You mean there’s something beyond Auric Basin?

The 2nd expac will just be a bunch of reskinned AB maps… codenamed CD, EF, GH, and IJ.

Shhhh, it’s a secret.

~EW

Skittish.4539

It’s hard to say for sure. Maybe we should send out scouts to see if the rumors are true.

Shiyo.3578

Joke all you want, but it’s actually going to ruin the economy and kill off other areas of the game if let alone too long. Humans take the path of least resistance, and right now auric basin is by far that path.

You can’t just let an easy exploit go unfixed for months.

Please fix this before it’s too late anet.

(edited by Shiyo.3578)

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Keys are rate limiting.

The only thing it’s doing is suppressing ecto prices, which are already off the wall to high inflation.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

There’s a lot of loot in many parts of the game. But how would I know? Because I’m Always Auric Basin Days.

Shiyo.3578

Keys are rate limiting.

The only thing it’s doing is suppressing ecto prices, which are already off the wall to high inflation.

You get more lumps of aurlium than you pay for opening a set of chests.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I know I should be cashing in on this while it’s available.. but I’m just too lazy to jump from instance to instance farming the same chests. And I see plenty of people doing other things. It doesn’t seem to be killing anything. Why not stop fighting it and just go farm those AB chests. You know you want to.