Auric Basin Loot "Exploit" [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

lol are some people just now finding out about this or something?

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

I haven’t partaken in this because I have been unaware / busy with dailies and work and such but it does sound like an exploit to me. I will jump in and give it a shot on the weekend.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Now, you extract the data out and highlight the area that interest only you. However, here’s the thing. Since you are looking at the trend itself, can you tell me exactly which point in the trend has a noticeable price increase, from there tell me what is the correlation between pricing and supplies.

Yeah, don’t you just hate it when people actually back up their argument with references and actual numbers instead of just vague guesses and estimations?

What noticeable price increase are you referring to? They’ve been rising steadily for quite some time now.

The next Question is
Did you account for the timeline when AB farming becoming widespread? If AB farming were so well-known right from the patch, this post and similar should be there since then but surely, it isn’t.

I would argue the supply rising from 16k to 164k would have had something to do with the AB farm becoming ‘widespread’, two data points I mentioned in my earlier post. My argument, however is that this barely impacted the price at all, and that if the farm didn’t exist, there still would have been plenty of supply (as shown by early data points where the supply rose greatly over a week before the patch) coming in; that hikes in supply are not uncommon in the ecto market and that ultimately these ups and downs in supply don’t change the price of ectos as much as you think they do… clearly shown by looking at the ecto graph for a couple of minutes.

You also seem to be unable to make any sort of point on your own and relying on me to do any sort of research for you.

Another question.
How many gw2 players do you think there are? If I say that because of the large gw2 population, supplies and demands can easily fluctuate in ten of thousands easily, do you agree?

You basically just repeated one of my points to me and then asked if I agree…

Yet another question
Once you figure out the timeline of the AB widespread popularity, can you look at the trend again and tell me if you see any similar fluctuation like the past? Then, can you tell if it is really a drop in the ocean.

Correlation =/= causation. The AB meta farm is not the only ‘new’ factor in the ecto market right now. The April 19th patch was huge brought lots of players back to the game and introduced new sinks.

And yeah I can tell you a similar fluctuation because I already did. Do you think this AB meta farm was ‘widespread’ 8 days after the April patch? I don’t. Yet as I pointed out in my post, April 18th -> April 27th, supply increase of 97,000.

Here’s a question for you: How many people do you think are participating in this farm each meta? How many ectos per day extra do you think are being generated by this farm each meta compared to how many would have been generated previously by an AB meta. An extra how many per meta, how many per day? How many more do you think it is compared to if people stuck to previous farms such as fotm40/sw chest farm?

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Banchou.5628

Banchou.5628

Yes because Anet have never unintentionally introduced farms into the game and then nerfed them. No, never.

And Anet certainly didn’t make the noxious pods in Dragon Stand unable to be looted by multiple characters across multiple maps, nope.

Noxious Pods have nothing with the map lockout, it exists only because the vendor that opens after the MoM successful fight. You lose time and coin farming pods at DS, is only worth because the collections.

If they remove the lockout, most people will simple teleport/taxi into a successful map instead doing and helping in a 1 hour or more chain event to unlock it.

AB was like that before the QoL, the amount of organization for do a successful map made most people avoid it like plague to a point that you depended on big guilds to do one, like TT. So we had a single good map and several fail maps – right now only Chak Gerent is like that since most people hate TD as a whole.

Now, after the QoL changes + people discovering how good is AB for farm no matter if you’re on a multiloot squad or not, we have several successful maps, last time that I did with a squad we had 6 successful maps (normally you loot 3 maps, barely finishing the 3rd one if you farmed enough keys/currency to buy it and have enough bag space/copper feed salvage machine), something that would be impossible before.

Posted by: Saudi.5320

Saudi.5320

Yeah, I just heard in game from someone and have thought about it before. You still do have to get all the keys and aurillium for the keys, so it doesn’t make any sense that it is a problem. Best fix would be to make all the HoT maps on a player driven metatimer, meaning on Auric Basin, all the pylons would be done, then challenges, then octovine and then maybe lessen the timer on beneath the city.

Posted by: Saudi.5320

Saudi.5320

Idea:

Make the HoT maps on a player driven metatimer like SW. On Auric Basin, the pylons would be done, then the challenges, then octovine, and then the timer on the chest looting could be shortened. Could also add some time in between like there is between VW and breach on SW.

Verdant Brink, Tangled Depths, and DS would all be similar with their respective metas. You still have to get map currency and map keys to open everything, and they could even lower the number chests in AB or lessen the loot to discourage the ridiculous amount of toon swapping that happens.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve seen these threads before on the forums. Some farm will arise. People will flock to it then there will be threads with defenders of the farm and people pointing out that these farms get nerfed by as it’s taking advantage of some situation that wasn’t in the game before.

While these are the guidelines for deciding if something is an exploit and they don’t fit this type of farm 100%, it has a couple of features that are similar, the first and last parts especially.
Does it seem too good to be true?
Would your friends consider this to be an exploit?
Does it provide you with an unfair advantage over other players?
Could this be the result of a bug introduced with a recent update or new feature?
Does this seem like something that could be reasonably considered to be intended by ArenaNet?

They are already looking into it, by reports on this thread. To me it sounds both unintended and too good to be true, and therefore will be nerfed after ANet finishes looking into it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Now, you extract the data out and highlight the area that interest only you. However, here’s the thing. Since you are looking at the trend itself, can you tell me exactly which point in the trend has a noticeable price increase, from there tell me what is the correlation between pricing and supplies.

Yeah, don’t you just hate it when people actually back up their argument with references and actual numbers instead of just vague guesses and estimations?

What noticeable price increase are you referring to? They’ve been rising steadily for quite some time now.

The next Question is
Did you account for the timeline when AB farming becoming widespread? If AB farming were so well-known right from the patch, this post and similar should be there since then but surely, it isn’t.

I would argue the supply rising from 16k to 164k would have had something to do with the AB farm becoming ‘widespread’, two data points I mentioned in my earlier post. My argument, however is that this barely impacted the price at all, and that if the farm didn’t exist, there still would have been plenty of supply (as shown by early data points where the supply rose greatly over a week before the patch) coming in; that hikes in supply are not uncommon in the ecto market and that ultimately these ups and downs in supply don’t change the price of ectos as much as you think they do… clearly shown by looking at the ecto graph for a couple of minutes.

You also seem to be unable to make any sort of point on your own and relying on me to do any sort of research for you.

Another question.
How many gw2 players do you think there are? If I say that because of the large gw2 population, supplies and demands can easily fluctuate in ten of thousands easily, do you agree?

You basically just repeated one of my points to me and then asked if I agree…

Yet another question
Once you figure out the timeline of the AB widespread popularity, can you look at the trend again and tell me if you see any similar fluctuation like the past? Then, can you tell if it is really a drop in the ocean.

Correlation =/= causation. The AB meta farm is not the only ‘new’ factor in the ecto market right now. The April 19th patch was huge brought lots of players back to the game and introduced new sinks.

And yeah I can tell you a similar fluctuation because I already did. Do you think this AB meta farm was ‘widespread’ 8 days after the April patch? I don’t. Yet as I pointed out in my post, April 18th -> April 27th, supply increase of 97,000.

Here’s a question for you: How many people do you think are participating in this farm each meta? How many ectos per day extra do you think are being generated by this farm each meta compared to how many would have been generated previously by an AB meta. An extra how many per meta, how many per day? How many more do you think it is compared to if people stuck to previous farms such as fotm40/sw chest farm?

I am pretty sure it is only become widespread recently. AB has been like so since start of HOT and yet only recently people start to complain about it. Isn’t it amusing? For more than 6 months, no people complain about it and only now? It seems that anything that became widespread will get complain soon after. Just like the spider farm during the start of HOT.

Also, I am trying to direct you to a certain direction to understand what I am trying to say here. In any case. From my stand, AB only start to get really popular recently and with that, each meta is estimated to produce about 1,000 ectos and up to 2,000 ectos. Then, how many times it occur per day and you multiple by that, you get that number of ectos. Then, the number of ectos will accumulate over the weeks and eventually people will no longer need ectos and thus ectos will begin to stockpile.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Amurond.4590

AB was like that before the QoL, the amount of organization for do a successful map made most people avoid it like plague to a point that you depended on big guilds to do one, like TT. So we had a single good map and several fail maps – right now only Chak Gerent is like that since most people hate TD as a whole.

What? We honestly must play different games. Or at least at different times.

I finished the 100 AB meta achieve a couple of months ago and I never once depended on a guild to finish it, I failed maybe 2 – 3 (after the first couple of weeks where we were all learning the event) and a few maps were often successful during prime time. AB meta hasn’t been anything like gerent difficulty/organisation wise since maybe the first couple of weeks of HoT.

(edited by Amurond.4590)

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I don’t see the problem, you still need to do the events to get the keys to open the chests!?!?!?!?

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

That’s assuming it needs fixing.
In the grand scheme of things a fraction of a percentage of the playerbase is doing this and before that they were doing the other thing that was “the most profitable” and after this they’ll be looking for something else.
Imagine it’s a drop in the ocean in terms of the bigger picture of in-game play.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

Ecto prices are high despite Auric Basin, which suggests the loot fest isn’t a problem at all, unless you want to compare Auric Basin with the loot from other Heart of Thorns maps, but then there’s no reason for every HoT map to have a crazy ecto generator in it if it has something else like flax farms and rich ori nodes instead.

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

Working on The Golden Child, the loot is a great perk. Having done the Silverwastes a lot as well… it’s a wash, really. Silverwastes is amazing for obby shards like no other place and AB is great for ecto.

Posted by: SkullProX.7083

SkullProX.7083

Ehh…AB multiloot creates no new gold, so the AH fees from shifting all your salvage loot around probably acts as an overall sink.

Exactly, different from Silverwastes where in a train with 50 people each chest will pump approximately 60 silver into the economy together with the mats, Auric Basin will only give things that can be sold for money but won’t generate more money, only gear, materials or recipes that can be traded and some account bound stuff.

If anything it’s reducing inflation while still giving players a shot at get some good gear out of it. You’re making lots of money because of this using the TP? That’s great because TP taxation is removing even more gold from the economy.

This makes 0 sense in so many ways…. At least think a little bit please.
What makes gold in sw chest farm? The champ bags. Do you get ton of champ bags from AB farm? Yes
What you said about the tp sell price is also true for selling mats -linen, plat leather if salvaged on a 40-50 chara- you get from sw farming. So sw also has gold sink and AB also gives liquid gold, your argument is invalid, and besides it has nothing to do with the multi-loot, since you can still open like 20-30chests for a meta event YOU CONTRIBUTED FOR. And not go to 5-6 more instance where you did NOTHING.

@SkyShroud Yes, and that means that ecto prices will drastically drop, which will affect those who don’t do AB. If it won’t then people who don’t do AB multiloot, because they -very logically- find opening chests for 15min boring will get behind in gold compared to those who do AB multi-loot, and this affects others too since their gold value will decrease compared to those who make 40gold in this 20 MINUITES! Which is 120gold an hour if you only log in 3x a day to loot AB…. And that is INSANE. (yes, many ppl told me on map chat they get this amount -40gold – by one meta event… JOKE.

(edited by SkullProX.7083)

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I haven’t partaken in this because I have been unaware / busy with dailies and work and such but it does sound like an exploit to me. I will jump in and give it a shot on the weekend.

I have reported this exploit and bug to Anet via the in game tool and forums. I suggest everyone else to do the same.

Need to bring this to anet’s attention.

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

Exploitation of this magnitude should be a federal offense. Anyone who does this should serve time in the slammer.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

This ‘exploit’ that OP speaks of, it can be done not just with meta event chests and caches, but with any non-permanent Rich Ore Node throughout Tyria. If it’s not been a problem for those in all the time megaservers (or in fact, pre-megaservers when guesting made permanent ones re-doable too) then I doubt this is much of a problem also.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Raithwall.8201

Raithwall.8201

The point is you dont make that much GOLD with Tarir, you make a lot of rares which you will most likely salvage into ectos.
Sell that ectos and you take gold out of the game instead of pumping new gold in (TP fees).
So it might even be working as intended.
It clearly has nothing to do with the rising gold to gem prices.

There will always be some event/map/whatever which yields the most rewards, nerf tarir to the ground and people will farm whatever else gives them the next most rewards.

Posted by: Banchou.5628

Banchou.5628

@SkyShroud Yes, and that means that ecto prices will drastically drop, which will affect those who don’t do AB. If it won’t then people who don’t do AB multiloot, because they -very logically- find opening chests for 15min boring will get behind in gold compared to those who do AB multi-loot, and this affects others too since their gold value will decrease compared to those who make 40gold in this 20 MINUITES! Which is 120gold an hour if you only log in 3x a day to loot AB…. And that is INSANE. (yes, many ppl told me on map chat they get this amount -40gold – by one meta event… JOKE.

Say for these people donate a lil’ of their luck, because you normally don’t get even near of this amount of gold per Octovine phase.

Ectos don’t have 100% drop per salvage, sometimes you lose coin salvaging if you’re unlucky, even multimap looting you need to be really blessed to get more than 20 ectos.

You will get lots of things without TP value like milling stones, masterwork runes and sigils, untradable ascended mats, auric slivers… Crafting mats you get lots of T5 common mats that only leather and wood have any real value – if you’re luck you get like 5 orichalcum/ancient wood… Gemstones have drop too random, can get 10, can get 0, and all of then have around 30s EA price, including Black Diamonds that was 1g+ before QoL patch. If you get any Exotic gear most of time are ones that have almost same price as a rare item – usually you get 1 exotic per day.

And the most important: to do this farm you will need do the events at the map during the pilons phase. You will not get enough currency by the chests alone, even with the keys earned by the daily chest. 30 keys per map to open everything.

Silverwates will give more money per hour if someone really wants to farm there (and can get ascended gear), but most people don’t want to stay there anymore and they really want to play with that poor lv48-54 alt.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I am pretty sure it is only become widespread recently. AB has been like so since start of HOT and yet only recently people start to complain about it. Isn’t it amusing? For more than 6 months, no people complain about it and only now? It seems that anything that became widespread will get complain soon after. Just like the spider farm during the start of HOT.

People have been doing double or even triple loots for months with people actively asking in map chat for anchor parties. This was never some secret thing that just suddenly popped up.

I don’t recall the first time I saw this happen but I’d feel comfortable saying it was before I took a big break from the game back in January.

The only thing that is sudden is the people all kitten over it for no apparent reason and the fact that you can do more runs since the treasure rooms stay open longer now.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Qasa.7293

Qasa.7293

Say for these people donate a lil’ of their luck, because you normally don’t get even near of this amount of gold per Octovine phase.

Ectos don’t have 100% drop per salvage, sometimes you lose coin salvaging if you’re unlucky, even multimap looting you need to be really blessed to get more than 20 ectos.

You will get lots of things without TP value like milling stones, masterwork runes and sigils, untradable ascended mats, auric slivers… Crafting mats you get lots of T5 common mats that only leather and wood have any real value – if you’re luck you get like 5 orichalcum/ancient wood… Gemstones have drop too random, can get 10, can get 0, and all of then have around 30s EA price, including Black Diamonds that was 1g+ before QoL patch. If you get any Exotic gear most of time are ones that have almost same price as a rare item – usually you get 1 exotic per day.

And the most important: to do this farm you will need do the events at the map during the pilons phase. You will not get enough currency by the chests alone, even with the keys earned by the daily chest. 30 keys per map to open everything.

Silverwates will give more money per hour if someone really wants to farm there (and can get ascended gear), but most people don’t want to stay there anymore and they really want to play with that poor lv48-54 alt.

I think anyone who does AB will agree that it’s fair because we participated in it initially to save up the kitten keys therefore we have the right to get to loot multiple instances. Anyone who thinks it is unfair misses the point. Lol please stop.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

You do not oppen every chest available: just open the big ones, ignoring the medium and small ones. That’s 5 keys per map and character, and every key guarantees a rare and a champion bag.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

I have reported this exploit and bug to Anet via the in game tool and forums. I suggest everyone else to do the same.

Need to bring this to anet’s attention.

ROFL .. Exploit ? is designed that way .. thx to mega servers. Often im at the Pegga WP in Malchor leap chopping the wood and the map close on me .. i say yes and im ported in another instance Poof ! i can loot the wood again ! is that an exploit ?? nooooooo.
You can do the same with the Silverwastes chest farm .. so AB is no different it’s by design. Not a Bug , not a Exploit.

a couple of years ago , before megaservers , you had to guest to another server to loot the ore nodes , a world event or find a open temple …. see ?? this hopping map method always existed … it’s just easier today end of the story.

Posted by: Onisuo.8607

Onisuo.8607

Buying 800 gems is 226 gold atm 0__O…

Posted by: Whitefang.4968

Whitefang.4968

hoping this gets noticed and fixed as well. people who abuses it are the ones defending it on forum right now.

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

hoping this gets noticed and fixed as well. people who abuses it are the ones defending it on forum right now.

People who don’t abuses it couldn’t accurately measure how profitable it is. The idea that you can get 40 gold in 20 minutes is ridiculous.

Posted by: MrGhosty.4296

MrGhosty.4296

The only issue I have with this is that it will have unexpected repercussions for everyone, whether they took part or not. I did the AB farm once and while it certainly granted quite a bit of loot, I just didn’t like it largely because I can’t help but feel like for Anet to fix it, they’ll have to resort to dragonstanding it. Which would mean we would have yet another map to have rewards taken from us if we crash. The other method that I can think of would be to make the loot level out according to the rate at which the farmers are doing it. This fix would likely mean those who don’t partake of the farm will begin to see diminished returns and go where they feel their time is better spent in terms of time/reward gained.

I have no issue with people who want to farm, I do what I must when I’m trying to earn up for something. I do take issue with the things that will impact everyone as a whole though.

The SW chest farm is annoying when you’re trying to do meta, but it is easy to get into a different map to complete the meta. I don’t feel like the two farms are comparable. All that said I cannot say I can think of any way to fix it without overly punishing one group of players over another so I will just hope that Anet doesn’t over nerf it to the point it spoils the fun for those who only loot as was intended. Beyond that I say more power to those who worked out a system to earn more, I just don’t want to see it have unintended side affects on general population. I can still remember trying to find a working meta map before the changes and I’d rather not go back down route for any reason.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I would really like Anet to be aware of this. Please.

HAHA, Anet isn’t aware … I had a good chuckle.

Shiyo.3578

Open a ticket and report it in game.

Shiyo.3578

Buying 800 gems is 226 gold atm 0__O…

Yeah unlocking full bag slots is now becoming more expensive than precursors.

Something needs to be done because paying $20 or a precursor worth of gems for 3 bag slots(which is almost mandatory at this stage in the game to be able to play that character) isn’t very good for new players.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Whyyyyyyyy of course you deserve the rewards from maps you didn’t participate in, didn’t help with in any way. Didn’t contribute one keystroke in. And Anet should also send you 1000 gems a day. Let me guess, generation Z? Your comments of entitlement only hurt the side of the argument you’re on. lol please stop.

-You have to do events to get keys.
-Said events all contribute to activating pylons, and thus, unlocking armors, thus helping to complete their respective metas.
-Most who do this still help kill the Octovines. They don’t just trawl the LFG menu for a Tarir that just ended.

This silly entitlement argument is just absurd on it’s face.

I’m defended it and I’ve never done it. I don’t even have a second character with Ab unlocked.

But, then again, I actually understand how little of an issue this is outside of it’s apparent ability to rustle many a jimmy for no real reason.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Shiyo.3578

You do not have to do events to get keys. You get your key back per grand chest you open.

Please stop spreading this misinformation.

Obtena.7952

Actually … the gems to gold exchange is awesome if your a new player … your money NEVER bought so much gold as it does now.

just saying

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

The only thing you are bypassing is the time gate. Instead of having to do another Tarir to get your keys used – you get more with one Tarir.
I honestly don’t see this as a problem. It’s about as bad as gathering mats in different maps.

It’s the same thing as chaining breaches in SW.

Where is the problem?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Actually … the gems to gold exchange is awesome if your a new player … your money NEVER bought so much gold as it did now.

just saying

Lol, I’m not a new player, but I’ve been taking advantage of this fact. It’s the first time I’ve felt the exchange was worth it; I’m quite happy with where it’s currently at.

~EW

Posted by: SithFire.6193

SithFire.6193

You do not have to do events to get keys. You get your key back per grand chest you open.

How many grand chests can you loot? The last time I did AB, I counted five.

Harper.4173

I don’t understand why anyone is complaining about it?

Because it’s killing the rest of the game. Don’t you get it? GW2 is completely dead now except for this one lone map. Dead I tell you. Dead.

Joke all you want, but it’s actually going to ruin the economy and kill off other areas of the game if let alone too long. Humans take the path of least resistance, and right now auric basin is by far that path.

You can’t just let an easy exploit go unfixed for months.

Please fix this before it’s too late anet.

You amuse me OP.
First of all – this is not new. Pre-HoT GW2 had things like this – ever heard of SW breach farming?

Second of all – you can do this with all the maps.
Third of all – how is this ruining the economy? Most things of value that come out of those chests are bound or salvage fodder.

That aside – how is this an exploit? People are using keys that they earned to get those chests – it’s just that they’re doing it faster – opening more chests per tarir cycle. Nothing else changes.
If they open more – they’re going to run out of keys faster – and need to play more for keys. How is this a problem?

Harper.4173

Keys are rate limiting.

The only thing it’s doing is suppressing ecto prices, which are already off the wall to high inflation.

I don’t think terms like “rate limiting” will help the OP much.

Harper.4173

Yes because Anet have never unintentionally introduced farms into the game and then nerfed them. No, never.

And Anet certainly didn’t make the noxious pods in Dragon Stand unable to be looted by multiple characters across multiple maps, nope.

Noxious Pods have nothing with the map lockout, it exists only because the vendor that opens after the MoM successful fight. You lose time and coin farming pods at DS, is only worth because the collections.

If they remove the lockout, most people will simple teleport/taxi into a successful map instead doing and helping in a 1 hour or more chain event to unlock it.

Now, after the QoL changes + people discovering how good is AB for farm no matter if you’re on a multiloot squad or not, we have several successful maps, last time that I did with a squad we had 6 successful maps (normally you loot 3 maps, barely finishing the 3rd one if you farmed enough keys/currency to buy it and have enough bag space/copper feed salvage machine), something that would be impossible before.

I honestly don’t get how DS is not farmable.
Get into map – people start doing stuff – tab out and wait.
First camps are taken – go to each one and open the 5-7 chests at each camp – tab out again.
Second camps are taken – go to each camp – open the 5-7 chests – tab out again.
Repeat until event is over. Loot all the end-map pods.

You’ve gotten all your pods.
You’ve watched you favorite youtube video/movie.

Where is problem?

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

People who don’t abuses it couldn’t accurately measure how profitable it is. The idea that you can get 40 gold in 20 minutes is ridiculous.

Well I’m doing something wrong.

As for defending it or not, they know this is possible, I’m ok with it being mentioned. If there were a patch and it was taken out, ok to. But I like the one guys reasoning, if I have a key I’m ok with having a matching chest. You don’t get keys unless you play the area. And yes I’m counting if you buy the keys, you still need the local currency to buy them, again from playing the area. To me that is solid enough reason to sleep well at night.

Shiyo.3578

First camps are taken – go to each one and open the 5-7 chests at each camp – tab out again.

Where is problem?

Auric basin chests pay for themselves with aurlium lumps you get per opening(grands). You do not get any currency back from opening noxious pods, and machetes are much more expensive.

Noxious pods also give much less loot.

(edited by Shiyo.3578)

Obtena.7952

Where is problem?

Auric basin chests pay for themselves with aurlium lumps you get per opening(grands). You do not get any currency back from opening noxious pods, and machetes are much more expensive.

They do not pay for themselves because you do not get enough lumps to buy another key from each chest you loot. It’s not even a relevant point to your argument from what I can see.

Here is the problem with your complaint. it seems to me that you think Anet is not aware that they have created the perfect storm to allow people to buy keys and use them in this chest phase of AB … yet you have to think at some level, THEY designed it that way. They purposefully made keys available for sale with lumps, opening chests gives lumps and loot and there are Grand chests available to open when completing the meta on a given map.

Seems to me that you aren’t giving Anet much credit for being aware of how the game THEY designed actually works. I’m betting this; Anet was at least knowledgeable enough to know people would buy keys and optimize their loot collection from Grand chests, so at a minimum, the ability to log multiple characters to loot Grand chests in a specific map instance isn’t going away.

map hopping … Again, I don’t think Anet is so unaware of how their game works that they didn’t see this coming and in all honesty, it’s not something they can fix without completely screwing over how players work around their broken megaservers … so that’s not going away either.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

This thread makes me giggle. “I have the only valid opinion because I do things my way and my way is best, everyone else can kitten on a biscuit.”

The reason you are wrong, is that no one who is supporting the multi loot brought up any reasonable points . Not to mention very probably all of them are AB multilooters…

No one on the other side brought up any reasonably points, huh? Okay. No bias there. Happy face.

Let’s not change topics, I never said it’s an exploit just that it’s unfair…

Unfair to whom? You’re able to multi-loot as much as anybody. For it to be unfair, it would have to deprive someone of something. If it doesn’t and anet themselves are okay with it, where is the unfairness?

I haven’t tried this yet but the more you talk about it, the more I want to.

As Amurond mentioned and I mentioned too many times, it is unfair because you loot meta events that you didn’t participate in. -And you just prove my point by not reading the arguments and others points, so how could you bring up anything relevant to the topic? Gonna ignore your comments from now on if you don’t read mines either ‘happy face’

As you wish. When you said anyone who disagrees with you is irrational, that pretty much set the tone of the conversation.

I’ve read your posts. You’re just another player trying to control how others play. There’s a guy in another post trying to do the same thing by stopping other people from using mesmer portals on jps.

For both of you, there’s some aspect of the game you don’t like and even though anet is apparently fine with it and it’s not harming you in any way, you’re determined that other people shouldn’t be able to play as they want because that doesn’t agree with your personal philosophy. And you seem to like happy faces so here’s a few more.

Posted by: Whitefang.4968

Whitefang.4968

they are aware of it now.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

they are aware of it now.

Gaile closed this bug/exploit report thread on this over in the bug forums:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bug-Exploit-Auric-basin-chests

But she stated that:
“This topic is addressed in a merged thread in the HoT Sub-forum.”
And linked to this thread.

I’ve been reading this thread and I do not see any kind of message from ArenaNet on the subject, let alone one that addresses it.

Did I miss a red post in this thread some place, or maybe a link to ANet’s having addressed this over on Reddit?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Amurond.4590

Ugh, it’s really frustrating when misinformation is spread (in both camps) whether unintentionally through ignorance or intentionally through dishonesty.

The only thing you are bypassing is the time gate. Instead of having to do another Tarir to get your keys used – you get more with one Tarir.
I honestly don’t see this as a problem. It’s about as bad as gathering mats in different maps.

Where is the problem?

It’s very different to SW because in SW you still have to participate in any map’s breach/VW you want rewards from. This is a result of AB being on a timer and SW not being on one; you gain access to several map’s rewards that you did nothing to be rewarded for. The chests do not require participation in that map’s events to open. This is the complete opposite of how SW works. Now I know some people are making the argument of ‘you did work for the keys’… once again that is where the April update comes in; you now do considerably less work for much more currency and many more keys; this argument is silly and misleading. You only lose out on currency/keys if you get a particularly good (e.g more maps than usual) run.

The whole point of this farm is to loot those 5 chests over and over on alts and on different maps. If you’re looting the other chests, you’re doing it very wrong.

That aside – how is this an exploit? People are using keys that they earned to get those chests – it’s just that they’re doing it faster – opening more chests per tarir cycle. Nothing else changes.
If they open more – they’re going to run out of keys faster – and need to play more for keys. How is this a problem?

This argument would be valid prior to the April patch.

As a result of the April 19th patch it does not simply mean that you are just speeding up the use of keys. There is an over-abundance of keys and currency rewarded now. You’re not going to run out any time soon unless, as I mentioned earlier, in favourable circumstances. Even then just do 1 AB HP train and you’d cover the loss for many loot farms.

~~~

Someone raised a good point re: the DCing and not being able to loot chests if this were changed. I guess this would only be an issue if you were to DC and not be able to get back into the event before it finished. Honestly though… this is how every other single map works elsewhere in the game? So I’m not sure why AB has to be an outlier. I suppose how it works with the current AB meta is that you miss out on the vital currency and key rewards.

Harper.4173

Where is problem?

The point is people will farm rewards that they haven’t “worked” for regardless – in every and any map. It’s honestly pointless to complain about it.

How were SW chest trains not a problem? One person used a shovel and everyone got a chest.

Also the chests don’t pay for themselves. Even if you only open the biggest chests you WILL eventually run out of keys.

Harper.4173

Ugh, it’s really frustrating when misinformation is spread (in both camps) whether unintentionally through ignorance or intentionally through dishonesty.

Where is the problem?

It’s very different to SW because in SW you still have to participate in any map’s breach/VW you want rewards from. This is a result of AB being on a timer and SW not being on one; you gain access to several map’s rewards that you did nothing to be rewarded for. The chests do not require participation in that map’s events to open. This is the complete opposite of how SW works. Now I know some people are making the argument of ‘you did work for the keys’… once again that is where the April update comes in; you now do considerably less work for much more currency and many more keys; this argument is silly and misleading. You only lose out on currency/keys if you get a particularly good (e.g more maps than usual) run.

The whole point of this farm is to loot those 5 chests over and over on alts and on different maps. If you’re looting the other chests, you’re doing it very wrong.

As a result of the April 19th patch it does not simply mean that you are just speeding up the use of keys. There is an over-abundance of keys and currency rewarded now. You’re not going to run out any time soon unless, as I mentioned earlier, in favourable circumstances. Even then just do 1 AB HP train and you’d cover the loss for many loot farms.

~~~

Someone raised a good point re: the DCing and not being able to loot chests if this were changed. I guess this would only be an issue if you were to DC and not be able to get back into the event before it finished. Honestly though… this is how every other single map works elsewhere in the game? So I’m not sure why AB has to be an outlier. I suppose how it works with the current AB meta is that you miss out on the vital currency and key rewards.

By participate you mean go to Troll boss – longbow autoattack and tab out right? That’s amazing participation requirements right there.

Let’s not kid ourselves -nowhere in the open world are you actually required to “participate” – you just have to dps the boss a little.
Participation would require understanding of the event and the intent to help out.

Most of the time people don’t “participate” – they afk zerg hit stuff and have no idea what’s going on.

The chests do not require participation in that map’s events to open. This is the complete opposite of how SW works.

But they do require keys – and currency – and while you didn’t participate in THAT map specifically – the fact that you had keys and currency means that you at ONE point participated in an AB map doing stuff.
If you have more keys and currency then it means you didn’t claim your rewards then – so you are doing it now – or that you have "participated’ more than you’ve been rewarded – so you get your rewards now.

you now do considerably less work for much more currency and many more keys; this argument is silly and misleading. You only lose out on currency/keys if you get a particularly good (e.g more maps than usual) run.

Then your problem should not be with the players doing this but with the fact that the content is easier to do.

That aside – how is this argument misleading and silly?
You can run out of keys very easily.
If you have no keys – and do one tarir event and open 3 map’s worth of chests you’re out of keys.
The more maps you open the faster you run out – so the more you have to do in order to come back.

The system does not spawn infinite keys OR currency.

Again – the problem is not the players but the april patch then. This Over-abundance appeared because nobody was happy with how HoT rewarded players.

Someone raised a good point re: the DCing and not being able to loot chests if this were changed.

And this is a very good point.

Posted by: CindyKa.6137

CindyKa.6137

Oh parking multiple toons there and hitting the big chest over and over on different maps and different toons. That’s what I was doing wrong. I was wondering how people were able to make 40g an hour. Thanks for the tip.

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Just need to slightly tone down amount of keys given for events.
Would stop that activity quickly.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.