GW2 is No Longer a Refuge :(

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

My problem with your complain about GH’s is that it’s based on the number of people in your guild. See, that’s not actually your problem because we all know the barrier to doing GH isn’t people in the guild, it’s gold.

It’s Mats… That some people will buy with Gold, Sure. I prefer to pay them for Black Lion Market things… not for gold to get a basic quality of life back. Maybe when I’m bored enough, I’ll go through the mat list and assign current gold values to everything, so we can see just how much it would take…

But no, inherently, it’s not Gold.

That’s a convenient argument for you. Mats is equivalent to gold in this game as we know. Besides, if you’’re going the mat route, the expectation is that it already takes you longer, so complaining about it makes no sense. You can’t complain about how hard it is if you’re just going to be stubborn and take the hard way to do things. I mean, you can, but you don’t look very good doing it; since day one collecting your own mats for whatever has always been the hardest and slowest way to go about crafting; I see no reason that GH is any different.

either way: materials or gold requires game time. converting materials/drops into gold takes time and needs to be gathered etc etc. it really isnt about the leght it takes (for me anyway) it is the implementation of how all was done. YES we get to keep certain things and are given BUT if we want to continue with it as before we have to REDO everything. sort off not fair but meh, keep calm and grind on i guess

Exactly, so it’s not about how many people are in Guild, it’s about gold or mats you have.

it is also about people sort off, cant move on with 2 players in it. also for claiming the hall a guild needs a minimum of 5 players ( I hear the best is like 7 or while before hot ALL was reachable with even people having their private storage guild. which i can understand some people get flipped off about. as do I. my “private” guild consists off me and my best friend, we used to have more people but they left because we play irregular times. now she left GW2 because of HoT difficulty (she is fairly new to the game but already did all core things and cant go on HoT) So now I am alone…. I do not want to invite random people into it, scared for abuse of systems and such ( i know i know settings). so for my private thingy I am stuck now. I wasnt before. now i am. I wasnt before, with HoT Iam.

True, but that’s a vast minority of guilds. Some might say it’s reasonable that Anet doesn’t cater to EVERY single scenario, especially those that may not be inline with their ideas of how the game works. It doesn’t even make sense to me a 3 man org would want to make a GH and I doubt it does to mostly everyone else in this game.

please do not speak for “mostly everyone else in this game”. As I see it there is MANY duo player guilds out there. more then you might realize. which is okay by me, and understandable due to the nature GW2 started: for casual (very casual) players that can pretty much solo the whole base game without having to party up but are allowed so if they feel like it. And that is where it lays that there are so many small guilds. I really do not like seeing this bashing on small guilds tbh. the tools where there for it to be allowed for many years, and off a sudden they got “removed” (it is still possible but we need to go through some loopholes which is unneccaserry tbh) by arenanet and gotten the finger basically. I am a very casual player. sometimes i play a few weeks (when time permits me) every day several hours, but most of the time it is about 1 hour per day or not at all. This does not mean I am totally without skill, no I can not manage in any for of PvP (it is why I do not play it and not like it) but I can solo pretty much any aspect of the game that is soloable, and I am decent enough in teamplay things like dungeons or something, sometimes even the last one standing and rezzing everyone (I am really not that good, just a fast button smasher).

Yes and most duo and single player guild are out there for bank spaces and not have to get whispered with -Hey wanna join my guild?

You sort off did on your previous post, last sentence.

Yes they used something called common sence.

You can make a fotball team with 3 players and call it a team but good luck getting to play any other team, with that nr of people same with guilds here.

football “teams” of 3 players do no exist because a football team only get to play with a minimum of 7… that is a rule… nowhere in GW2 was it ever a rule a guild MUST have any higher number then 1… so your carefully picked example does not fit.. sorry.

and your “so called common sense” does not include lets say small family guilds…. small friend guilds… or what ever more reasons there are for having a small guild. even if a group of ten players have a guild, it can be very hard to get all on at the same time due to having an actual life besides guildwars 2 …. all these people payed the for the guild halls also. they payed to having the ability to make a guild. they are not allowed to have this? why are these paying costumers not allowed to have what other paying costumers have? I do not see your logic. open your mind a little more.

Yes but that wasent what I said.

You can get 3 people and start a football team, there is no rule against starting one.
But you wont be able to play any other team since your 3 players, still your a football team and you were allowed to start it.

So yes you can start a guild with as low as 1 person but you would be able to do everything with that 1 person as it should be.

Its a guild hall not my personal house. Ask for anet to put in a house you and friend can call a club or you and family can call a home.

but you are getting it all wrong. it is not just the guild hall: it is the upgrades too! those we had, we got to keep, but if we want it after usage, we MUST HAVE A GUILDHALL AND UPGRADES! are you so in another world you are just not understanding things??

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

My problem with your complain about GH’s is that it’s based on the number of people in your guild. See, that’s not actually your problem because we all know the barrier to doing GH isn’t people in the guild, it’s gold.

It’s Mats… That some people will buy with Gold, Sure. I prefer to pay them for Black Lion Market things… not for gold to get a basic quality of life back. Maybe when I’m bored enough, I’ll go through the mat list and assign current gold values to everything, so we can see just how much it would take…

That’s a convenient argument for you. Mats is equivalent to gold in this game as we know. Besides, if you’’re going the mat route, the expectation is that it already takes you longer, so complaining about it makes no sense. You can’t complain about how hard it is if you’re just going to be stubborn and take the hard way to do things. I mean, you can, but you don’t look very good doing it; since day one collecting your own mats for whatever has always been the hardest and slowest way to go about crafting; I see no reason that GH is any different.

either way: materials or gold requires game time. converting materials/drops into gold takes time and needs to be gathered etc etc. it really isnt about the leght it takes (for me anyway) it is the implementation of how all was done. YES we get to keep certain things and are given BUT if we want to continue with it as before we have to REDO everything. sort off not fair but meh, keep calm and grind on i guess

Exactly, so it’s not about how many people are in Guild, it’s about gold or mats you have.

it is also about people sort off, cant move on with 2 players in it. also for claiming the hall a guild needs a minimum of 5 players ( I hear the best is like 7 or while before hot ALL was reachable with even people having their private storage guild. which i can understand some people get flipped off about. as do I. my “private” guild consists off me and my best friend, we used to have more people but they left because we play irregular times. now she left GW2 because of HoT difficulty (she is fairly new to the game but already did all core things and cant go on HoT) So now I am alone…. I do not want to invite random people into it, scared for abuse of systems and such ( i know i know settings). so for my private thingy I am stuck now. I wasnt before. now i am. I wasnt before, with HoT Iam.

True, but that’s a vast minority of guilds. Some might say it’s reasonable that Anet doesn’t cater to EVERY single scenario, especially those that may not be inline with their ideas of how the game works. It doesn’t even make sense to me a 3 man org would want to make a GH and I doubt it does to mostly everyone else in this game.

please do not speak for “mostly everyone else in this game”. As I see it there is MANY duo player guilds out there. more then you might realize. which is okay by me, and understandable due to the nature GW2 started: for casual (very casual) players that can pretty much solo the whole base game without having to party up but are allowed so if they feel like it. And that is where it lays that there are so many small guilds. I really do not like seeing this bashing on small guilds tbh. the tools where there for it to be allowed for many years, and off a sudden they got “removed” (it is still possible but we need to go through some loopholes which is unneccaserry tbh) by arenanet and gotten the finger basically. I am a very casual player. sometimes i play a few weeks (when time permits me) every day several hours, but most of the time it is about 1 hour per day or not at all. This does not mean I am totally without skill, no I can not manage in any for of PvP (it is why I do not play it and not like it) but I can solo pretty much any aspect of the game that is soloable, and I am decent enough in teamplay things like dungeons or something, sometimes even the last one standing and rezzing everyone (I am really not that good, just a fast button smasher).

Yes and most duo and single player guild are out there for bank spaces and not have to get whispered with -Hey wanna join my guild?

You can make a fotball team with 3 players and call it a team but good luck getting to play any other team, with that nr of people same with guilds here.

football “teams” of 3 players do no exist because a football team only get to play with a minimum of 7… that is a rule… nowhere in GW2 was it ever a rule a guild MUST have any higher number then 1… so your carefully picked example does not fit.. sorry.

and your “so called common sense” does not include lets say small family guilds…. small friend guilds… or what ever more reasons there are for having a small guild. even if a group of ten players have a guild, it can be very hard to get all on at the same time due to having an actual life besides guildwars 2 …. all these people payed the for the guild halls also. they payed to having the ability to make a guild. they are not allowed to have this? why are these paying costumers not allowed to have what other paying costumers have? I do not see your logic. open your mind a little more.

You can get 3 people and start a football team, there is no rule against starting one.
But you wont be able to play any other team since your 3 players, still your a football team and you were allowed to start it.

So yes you can start a guild with as low as 1 person but you would be able to do everything with that 1 person as it should be.

Its a guild hall not my personal house. Ask for anet to put in a house you and friend can call a club or you and family can call a home.

but you are getting it all wrong. it is not just the guild hall: it is the upgrades too! those we had, we got to keep, but if we want it after usage, we MUST HAVE A GUILDHALL AND UPGRADES! are you so in another world you are just not understanding things??

There is a building in la that let you use your stuff you got, other then the stuff that was removed or changed.

If you talk about wvw alot was changed there my friend its a totaly new ballpark and need a dedicated guild to use those upgrades.

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

We had guild halls in GW vanilla.

We did not have guild halls after GW2 release,which is stupid.

Next expansion we can expect dervish and paragon,and everything goes in the circle,all over again.

GW3 no guild hals after release.

GW3 first expansion : Gliding,mastery system and guild halls.

Just by watching GW vanilla screens,images and art work,makes me realize GW2 is made only to milk money.All that love given in GW is gone,all that effort to make people happy is long gone,all that epic things we had,is gone,and no game is ever going to give us that again.

When new content was released,you could feel its made for people,and to make them happy.These days in GW2,when something new is released,they make videos,and lie,but you can clearly see big fake smile and that ‘f*u*c * you,give money’ look in their eyes

(edited by Werdx.2059)

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Yep.

It’s totally overwhelming and clearly only intended to cater to big guilds.

…and if you were just slowly building up a little bank guild, on your own, you can forget it.

…and I don’t just mean forget guild halls – that wouldn’t be so bad – I mean just forget levelling it altogether.

Terrible design.

…or incredibly cynical design.

Take your pick.

I’m in a small family guild. We aren’t mad about not getting a hall. That’s no big deal. But all the amenities we worked so hard for, harder than a bigger guild, like banners and weaponsmith, have been taken away. We would have been happy if Anet lets us keep what we unlocked and frozen all future progress until a guild hall was obtained.. It really stings because we got our weaponsmith and was in the progress of building it when HoT launched..
For us, its not that we don’t get a hall, its about all of our progress and work being erased..
It happened once before, when the Merit was introduced. Some things we had unlocked were taken away and we had to re-earn them. I believe it’s very wrong

Exactly!… having a guild hall, and all the NEW stuff that comes with it, isn’t really my small family guild’s issue either. We just want all of the OLD guild perks back that we earned over years of playing together. I do not begrudge larger guilds their due for being able to get a hall. If you can get a hall then great for you, and Dwayna bless you! But taking away pretty much everything from small guilds, leaving us with basically just a bank and chat channel, just stinks.

It does, indeed.

But, count yourself lucky you even have that…

I had just purchased a 10K upgrade, to then allow me to work towards purchasing the 3rd bank slot (and was well on my way) and then HoT wiped it all out.

Gold = time = real life money, in this type of game and you could even purchase guild influence with gold (which you might have purchased with real money), from the vendor.

So, stuff like this amounts to theft, when you think about it.

I’ve, intentionally, been giving them some time to put all this right, before getting really annoyed.

But, as far as I know, they have said nothing about it and they have definitely not done anything about it, yet.

This is not OK.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Dejavu.2349

Dejavu.2349

I just want to know what the hell happened to scaling?!
I mean… the entire world either scales to me or scales me to it, but a Guild hall can’t be claimed with 2 people (unless it’s been nerfed or you’re incredibly lucky with mob placement).
I don’t normally talk about raids because initially they didn’t bother me, but people keep mentioning them in this thread and got me thinking. Raids don’t even scale. I know their point was for it to be challenging, blah blah blah… A lot of us know exactly what raiding is in every other raid-focused game. While I completely knew what to expect there, I’m now annoyed by it because they’re clearly catering to people who either play or came from other games… not the people who came to GW on their initial premise and what they’ve stood for in the past 3 1/2 years.

How hard would it have been to make everything scale?
Guild hall claiming
Guild hall leveling
Raids
Everything.
And I mean true dynamic scaling… not this scaling for 10 people or 20 BS.

Who cares that the tiny amount of players who get their kicks only from having things not everyone can easily obtain even though they’re mostly just a bunch of kittens getting carried (the totally externally centered people who derive their importance from how other people view them – good or bad – the Trumps of the game.) wouldn’t get their little flags to wave?! This is actually pretty reminiscent of what’s wrong with our society as a whole.

Until now, It’s mostly been about skins, which were largely individual achievements… Putting in the effort to craft a legendary – Back in the day, that took a whole lot of troll killing and everyone knew it – that’s where your status came from. But I guess they’re too common now, so much so, the flag-wavers needed something new to make them feel cool. So now the focus is not on skins (because let’s face it… there aren’t many new ones that are like OMG cool – I still want them, though, of course), but on what? How big your guild is, how many friends you have? how fast you can down raid bosses? How many mats you can grind? How easily you can dominate over the poor sods who actually have to work for stuff in WvW?That sounds an awful lot like another game I used to play…

Honestly, From my original post, my entire opinion has evolved from mild hatred to disgust. kitten … I wish I had a better game to play right now! /logsonGW2

This xpac is all about Big Guilds and to me big guilds are usually a huge mass of talentless dullards hiding behind a few actually skilled and dedicated players. So I guess, in the end, HOT’s really not catering to the elites, but rather the masses of wannabe elites who don’t or can’t actually contribute anything but mats and Gold to success, which, in turn means this Xpac is about mats and Gold. Typical.

mcwurth.2081

There is a building in la that let you use your stuff you got, other then the stuff that was removed or changed.

If you talk about wvw alot was changed there my friend its a totaly new ballpark and need a dedicated guild to use those upgrades.

I am aware but all new “upgrades” needs to be unlocked again! grind again, influence first now materials and other stuff… its just silly. I dont care it would take me a long time, its just silly it is put behind walls.

Posted by: Pezz.4758

Pezz.4758

I am aware but all new “upgrades” needs to be unlocked again! grind again, influence first now materials and other stuff… its just silly. I dont care it would take me a long time, its just silly it is put behind walls.

think of it this way, by the time you unlock everything again in your small guild, the next expac will be ready, and it might go back to influence with a total wipe! haha oh wait thats not funny its sad and possible

mcwurth.2081

think of it this way, by the time you unlock everything again in your small guild, the next expac will be ready, and it might go back to influence with a total wipe! haha oh wait thats not funny its sad and possible

that is a worry for then, for now this is a legitimate worry for a decent amount of people. I really wish I could play more and actually get people to join my guild, but the time i do play on my own guild is minimal, simply because I also help out with a bigger guild. It is no denying in the fact that many people have left the game, my friendslist is always “ded” and 2 out of 3 guilds I am in are drying up as well. all since the release of HoT it gottten less and less people. it is sad, I love the gw franchise. been playing since the start (of gw1) and will keep logging in at times, but currently it is just a mess and i hope that arenanet considers slight changes in their new stuff. beneficial for both casuals and hardcore players.

I just dont get why so many say that 1 or 2 (or a few more) player guilds are not guilds and shouldnt be allowed to have a gh and must join a big guild. what do these guilds lay in your way? we are not bothering you, we do not take away from your gameplay if arenanet makes slight changes so also these small guilds get a better chance of claiming a guild hall and play as they did before. I am not asking to nerf the KITTEN out of mobs or anything, but some form of scaling would be nice. I think so atleast.

Posted by: Pezz.4758

Pezz.4758

that is a worry for then, for now this is a legitimate worry for a decent amount of people. I really wish I could play more and actually get people to join my guild, but the time i do play on my own guild is minimal, simply because I also help out with a bigger guild. It is no denying in the fact that many people have left the game, my friendslist is always “ded” and 2 out of 3 guilds I am in are drying up as well. all since the release of HoT it gottten less and less people. it is sad, I love the gw franchise. been playing since the start (of gw1) and will keep logging in at times, but currently it is just a mess and i hope that arenanet considers slight changes in their new stuff. beneficial for both casuals and hardcore players.

I just dont get why so many say that 1 or 2 (or a few more) player guilds are not guilds and shouldnt be allowed to have a gh and must join a big guild. what do these guilds lay in your way? we are not bothering you, we do not take away from your gameplay if arenanet makes slight changes so also these small guilds get a better chance of claiming a guild hall and play as they did before. I am not asking to nerf the KITTEN out of mobs or anything, but some form of scaling would be nice. I think so atleast.

its the nature of the new direction. many “hardcore” players arent happy with just being the best, they have to make sure others know they are worse. happens in all gear grind/raid games. WoW, mythic raids look down on normal, normal look down on LFR. Wildstar, if you arent raiding you are bad, if you arent doing dungeons you are SUPER bad.

Linken.6345

and if all the 1-2 5 or how ever few could get everything what draw is it to join a bigger guild and socialise like you do in any mmorpg?

even if you dont want to socialise you can still join one of the big guilds then only go out you and the friend, husband or wife to do your thing.

Or you can go the OP way do everything your self but then they should stop gritting their teeth its really their choice to do so.

Edit

kitten I guess Im bad havent done a dungeon in over a month and havent step foot inside the raid yet.

Tigaseye.2047

I’m sorry, but an MMO is designed around large groups of people working together (that’s why it’s Massively Multiplayer, not Miniscule).

OK, I didn’t want to comment on this, as repeating myself endlessly is really not my style, but so many people seem to be labouring under this misapprehension, in this thread, that I guess I ought to…

The term “Massively Multiplayer Online” (MMO) game has nothing to do with how many people directly play with each other, or cooperate with each other, in the game.

The “Massively Multiplayer” part is just referring to the number of people who can coexist on the server (or servers) at the same time.

It implies nothing about whether they have to be actively playing together, or not.

They could all be playing together, or they could all be soloing, or anything in between.

It is “Massively Multiplayer”, either way.

Just because you have come to expect that we will all be playing together, or that is your personal preference, in MMOs, doesn’t mean that is what MMO refers to.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Dejavu.2349

OK, I didn’t want to comment on this, as repeating myself endlessly is really not my style, but so many people seem to be labouring under this misapprehension, in this thread, that I guess I ought to…

The name “Massively Multiplayer Online” (MMO) game has nothing to do with how many people directly play with each other, or cooperate with each other, in the game.

The “Massively Multiplayer” is just referring to the number of people who can coexist on the server (or servers) at the same time.

It implies nothing about whether they have to be actively playing together, or not.

They could all be playing together, or they could all be soloing, or anything in between.

Just because you have come to expect that we will all be playing together, or that is your personal preference, in MMOs, doesn’t mean that is what MMO refers to.

I agree and am tired of repeating this as well…
Some people are just incapable of seeing things through a lens other than their own.
In addition to MMO not meaning you have to play cooperatively, there are many reasons to play an MMO even if you’re a total loner like me… some of which are:
> the sheer number of hours of entertainment compared to single player games,
> the various different ways to spend your time in game,
> the level of control you have over your own path,
> all the shinies!

Posted by: TheMaskedGamer.5708

TheMaskedGamer.5708

If you wanted a Refuge game, try playing more single player games, or much simpler games. This IS an MMO, ya know?

Try reading… I’ve already responded to your totally unoriginal “this is an MMO” response… 3 times in this thread alone.

Oh… but I do play SP games… occasionally. They don’t offer me as much bang for my buck and aren’t nearly as entertaining.

BTW, If you have a Guild Hall for only 3 people, how in the world did you get it in the first place? You would need a little more than 3 players to defeat all the enemies in there before you obtain it.

Tigaseye.2047

Some people are just incapable of seeing things through a lens other than their own.

I know and most of those people seem to play MMOs and then wonder why other people don’t want to play with them. xD

Linken.6345

The name “Massively Multiplayer Online” (MMO) game has nothing to do with how many people directly play with each other, or cooperate with each other, in the game.

The “Massively Multiplayer” is just referring to the number of people who can coexist on the server (or servers) at the same time.

In addition to MMO not meaning you have to play cooperatively, there are many reasons to play an MMO even if you’re a total loner like me… some of which are:
> all the shinies!

Yes and you can still do that in game you just cant have said guild hall or raiding since it demands more people then you are willing to have around you.

I dont go around moaning that I cant go in the carpool lane or use family parking spaces at supermarkets, when Im the only one in my family.
I adapt to how it is and maybe so should you?

mcwurth.2081

> all the shinies!

Yes and you can still do that in game you just cant have said guild hall or raiding since it demands more people then you are willing to have around you.

I dont go around moaning that I cant go in the carpool lane or use family parking spaces at supermarkets, when Im the only one in my family.

and who are you to decide for others to play how YOU want? We want to play how WE want. is that so hard to understand? you seem not to be able to grasp the concept of it what people are trying to explain here, how does it hurt you for people having a 3 man guild? explain that to me.

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

completely agree with OP: too much farm for a tiny reward.
this will give a goal for the majority of players who have a lot of discretionary time, so I guess GW2 playerbase will grow.
Yeah…

Tigaseye.2047

and that’s after a worldwide economic breakdown that almost killed the banking system.

That was suicide too, coincidentally enough.

Of course, they survived it totally unscathed, by falling into the well upholstered arms of the tax payer, but still.

Not sure the “tax payers” (i.e. the “little guy” players) of GW2 will be quite so forgiving.

Especially as there won’t be any governments, basically, forcing them to be.

WoW went kind of polarised, for WoD and they removed stuff from the majority of players.

Unless you were very casual, it was basically real raid, or go home.

That worked out really well for them…

Linken.6345

> all the shinies!

and who are you to decide for others to play how YOU want? We want to play how WE want. is that so hard to understand? you seem not to be able to grasp the concept of it what people are trying to explain here, how does it hurt you for people having a 3 man guild? explain that to me.

So asking people to adapt to how the game is are somehow telling them to only run chest farms or dungeons or raids or what ever now?

Why should 3 people be able to do the work of 50 or 100, simple they cant in the same time.
OP have said they could get guild hall even tho it would take years, and thats amazing that they can do what the game think alot of people to make over time.

And they shouldent be able to it wasent meant for micro guilds, the fact that they can is the good thing.

But to then turn around and complain about it, is like my football team reference before.

Everyone would look at OP as they were crazy if they complained that they cant be a 2 man soccer team and play against every other soccer team fairly.

What is the draw to join big guilds if 2 people can do everything?

It dont take away anything to me and Im not in a super big guild 3 1 person guilds 1 with roughly 30 people working on the guild hall. (that understand it will take longer then it will do for 35-500 people)
But I understand why its there, its for alot of people to band together and build something thats theirs, not 1 person to build their mansion.

mcwurth.2081

> all the shinies!

So asking people to adapt to how the game is are somehow telling them to only run chest farms or dungeons or raids or what ever now?

Why should 3 people be able to do the work of 50 or 100, simple they cant in the same time.
OP have said they could get guild hall even tho it would take years, and thats amazing that they can do what the game think alot of people to make over time.

And they shouldent be able to it wasent meant for micro guilds, the fact that they can is the good thing.

But to then turn around and complain about it, is like my football team reference before.

Everyone would look at OP as they were crazy if they complained that they cant be a 2 man soccer team and play against every other soccer team fairly.

It dont take away anything to me and Im not in a super big guild 3 1 person guilds 1 with roughly 30 people working on the guild hall. (that understand it will take longer then it will do for 35-500 people)
But I understand why its there, its for alot of people to band together and build something thats theirs, not 1 person to build their mansion.

as far i can see you are assuming ALL people want their 1 person mansion. I just want my guild hall because I can. but I cant because of some things being barred from us. I actually recently used this guild I made as a bank. I thought, wow nice I get to have a place where I can go with minimal lag and fix my inventories out and all. have a small place to get together with some friends plan something and go out and do it. nothing more nothing less. then people say how you did it before? well like everyone else: through whispers. or through guild chat. but now we got an extra option, but it is barred for many small guilds due to this issues. I do not want to spend 99% of my online time standing around in LA or any other map trying to recruit people for a guild that does not have a guild hall , because people will not want to join, at all, to a guild with nothing and they know they have to put in effort and everything, but hey after 1 month or 2 months it turns out their views do not exactly line up with the guild, so they have to leave but feel they MUST stay due to the effort they put in to this new guild.

So there we come to the bigger issue: new player comes, wants to start a guild, makes a guild, but cant get their members because of the high bar that is laid upon us by arenanet, so in the end ONLY bigger guilds profit from this, because they have build out everything already due to their sheer numbers, and will be easy to build out these guilds more.

As I see this all: many players that like to game alone/with few people got the middle finger from arenanet and they said now it is over with what we had for the past ten years, go play as we force you to play or just leave.

I just got kicked out of one guild because I do not want to rep 100%, it is a new rule, because they want everyone 100% giving everything off a sudden. See it is starting already, I can’t be in several guilds anymore. the game took a step backwards now, and if you really can not see this then I really do not know where your head is at.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I wasn’t talking about raids either. Anet said the whole of HoT was a step up in challenge. Focus of the game hasn’t changed, it’s still Barbie and Ken Dress up MMO and still allows for non-pros to play 99% of the game and feel good about how awesome they killed that mob while watching Netflix and pressing 1. Game is still casual friendly; they haven’t removed any of the content that all the casual people love to do.

I get it .. even though Anet warned you about the difficult content, you were hoping for something different and bought HoT anyways. It’s got some surprises you don’t like that offend your ‘want to solo an MMO’ playstyle and now you’re unhappy and trying to think of ways to show how the wool was pulled over your eyes.

You said nothing of value after clearly not reading or comprehending my replies in this thread… again. Run along now…

The guild halls IMO were a QoL update, Not Content

Except they have brought zero quality of life to many because of the really poor, lame and lazy design, the really inconsiderate way they have thought through the impact it would have on many players and guilds and the half baked way its been implemented churning out nothing but farm, farm, grind, grind methodologies … no maybe its not considered content and its QoL is abysmal, in fact I would say many players will simply not bother with it and those that do will lose interest in not just farming the crap out of the expac in order to upgrade it, but in the game in general… right there is QoL.

Bloodstealer.5978

> all the shinies!

clueless response as ever.. you clearly have a very poor grasp on what guilds are ..

Sorry to burst your bubble but guilds are not just built to bust a raid wing or zerg a WvW map.

If small or micro guilds were not to be inclusive then the game should never of allowed them to be made in the first place. Sure a raid has come in with a 10 man requirement, how does that stop a 5 man guild beating it, when there is anLFG in place.
Why should even a 10 or 20 man guild have to work 10x harder per player and put in vastly more of their own time into the game in order to build something a faceless 500 guild can do in a few hours. Fact is ANET wanted this to money grab from those outside of these faceless guilds and to tear away all the materials and money they have allowed to be farmed in the game this past 12 months via fail farms, SW chest farms Champ /WB farm because it was the only thing they could come up with to keep players logged in during the great content depression.
This Guild Hall crap is simply an overspill of that lack of creative thinking which is aimed at one thing and that’s to drop the economy on lots of items like T5 stuff and encourage gem sales because they know many guilds and many players are going to face famine in game through this.

They even couldn’t be bothered or lacked the creativity to come up with guild Hall scaled requirements so that the effort and cost levels were balanced. That doesn’t mean large guilds lose out or small guilds get it easy. It’s about making content and features mutually inclusive not exclusive.
Small guilds should of been able to claim a guild hall appropriate to their guild size with a specific amount of functionality and upgrades.. large guilds would have greater upgradeability like decos… but as guilds grow beyond their tier, (if they choose) then they would be required to upgrade their hall size to the next tier or the Guild or Guild Halll would be capped with no further players allowed to be recruited or enter the hall.
That way small guilds still have to work to achiev certain things and pay if they want a fully functioning, fully upgradeable guild hall.

What we have now is a one sixe fits all, but actually it doesn’t fit and has a massive and disrespectful imbalance.. why should guilds lose what they have taken 3 years to build and then be faced with an almost impossible task of getting it back again.

It doesn’t affect me and my guild even though were small, we saw this coming by reading behind what wasn’t being told to the community when giving all those heads up on the expakittenil the time was right – and that time was right as the expac launched.. hence those little gem red posts that suddenly landed prior to launch day

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Linken.6345

> all the shinies!

as far i can see you are assuming ALL people want their 1 person mansion. I just want my guild hall because I can. but I cant because of some things being barred from us. I actually recently used this guild I made as a bank. I thought, wow nice I get to have a place where I can go with minimal lag and fix my inventories out and all. have a small place to get together with some friends plan something and go out and do it. nothing more nothing less. then people say how you did it before? well like everyone else: through whispers. or through guild chat. but now we got an extra option, but it is barred for many small guilds due to this issues. I do not want to spend 99% of my online time standing around in LA or any other map trying to recruit people for a guild that does not have a guild hall , because people will not want to join, at all, to a guild with nothing and they know they have to put in effort and everything, but hey after 1 month or 2 months it turns out their views do not exactly line up with the guild, so they have to leave but feel they MUST stay due to the effort they put in to this new guild.

So there we come to the bigger issue: new player comes, wants to start a guild, makes a guild, but cant get their members because of the high bar that is laid upon us by arenanet, so in the end ONLY bigger guilds profit from this, because they have build out everything already due to their sheer numbers, and will be easy to build out these guilds more.

As I see this all: many players that like to game alone/with few people got the middle finger from arenanet and they said now it is over with what we had for the past ten years, go play as we force you to play or just leave.

I just got kicked out of one guild because I do not want to rep 100%, it is a new rule, because they want everyone 100% giving everything off a sudden. See it is starting already, I can’t be in several guilds anymore. the game took a step backwards now, and if you really can not see this then I really do not know where your head is at.

The reason a guild would have 100% rep now days is much harder to justify then before change.

Before rep gave influence that you used to build now it dont, They do however probabely want to build a community in said guild were people get to know eachother hence the 100% rep.

Linken.6345

> all the shinies!

clueless response as ever.. you clearly have a very poor grasp on what guilds are ..

Sorry to burst your bubble but guilds are not just built to bust a raid wing or zerg a WvW map.

If small or micro guilds were not to be inclusive then the game should never of allowed them to be made in the first place. Sure a raid has come in with a 10 man requirement, how does that stop a 5 man guild beating it, when there is anLFG in place.
Why should even a 10 or 20 man guild have to work 10x harder per player and put in vastly more of their own time into the game in order to build something a faceless 500 guild can do in a few hours. Fact is ANET wanted this to money grab from those outside of these faceless guilds and to tear away all the materials and money they have allowed to be farmed in the game this past 12 months via fail farms, SW chest farms Champ /WB farm because it was the only thing they could come up with to keep players logged in during the great content depression.
This Guild Hall crap is simply an overspill of that lack of creative thinking which is aimed at one thing and that’s to drop the economy on lots of items like T5 stuff and encourage gem sales because they know many guilds and many players are going to face famine in game through this.

They even couldn’t be bothered or lacked the creativity to come up with guild Hall scaled requirements so that the effort and cost levels were balanced. That doesn’t mean large guilds lose out or small guilds get it easy. It’s about making content and features mutually inclusive not exclusive.
Small guilds should of been able to claim a guild hall appropriate to their guild size with a specific amount of functionality and upgrades.. large guilds would have greater upgradeability like decos… but as guilds grow beyond their tier, (if they choose) then they would be required to upgrade their hall size to the next tier or the Guild or Guild Halll would be capped with no further players allowed to be recruited or enter the hall.
That way small guilds still have to work to achiev certain things and pay if they want a fully functioning, fully upgradeable guild hall.

What we have now is a one sixe fits all, but actually it doesn’t fit and has a massive and disrespectful imbalance.. why should guilds lose what they have taken 3 years to build and then be faced with an almost impossible task of getting it back again.

It doesn’t affect me and my guild even though were small, we saw this coming by reading behind what wasn’t being told to the community when giving all those heads up on the expakittenil the time was right – and that time was right as the expac launched.. hence those little gem red posts that suddenly landed prior to launch day

Oh I think you are overestimating abit here if they are 10-20 people that would be 50-25 times harder ofcourse they are that fewer % of people.

said it before in this thread OP should really advocate for a personal house thats what they want, small guilds should ask for smaller halls not allow me to make this huge hall for xx instead of xxxxx and ofcourse that will come with smaller buffs aswell. ( some incentive must still be to get into those big scary guilds and get to know people )

Current guild halls aint made for small guilds thats life it aint fair.

Why cant I get as rich as donald trump with my security guard jobb it aint fair.

I cant understand why you think a guild hall should take less materials to build becouse your fewer people its the same size for a 1 person guild and a 500 person guild.
Ofcourse it should take the same anmunt of resources.

if it was diffrent and you had to pay to upgrade as guild grew that some other thread asked it to be ( that would be a diffrent story)

micro guild micro map 2% buffs.
small guild small map 4% buff
medium guild medium map 6% buffs
big guild big map 8% buffs
huge-max current map and current buffs is it 10%?

but thats something they hopefully can add in comming content patches or expansions if people can talk about it resonably.

Edit
And bloodstealer my remark about raids/guild hall was to the OP not you, have you read it. That person dont want to deal with people so no they arent 5 people that will search out 5 randoms to do raids.

(edited by Linken.6345)

mcwurth.2081

> all the shinies!

The reason a guild would have 100% rep now days is much harder to justify then before change.

Before rep gave influence that you used to build now it dont, They do however probabely want to build a community in said guild were people get to know eachother hence the 100% rep.

that was not the reason i got, the reason is:materials

Bloodstealer.5978

@Linken … When you buy a house you normally buy small and start out.. then as your family outgrows it you move up the ladder… not many people go out and buy a mansion as their first property do they?

If I can place that kind of analogy in place to represent a guild in what, 3mins then surely ANET could of thought it out in the months, years that they had at their disposal prior to implementing this rubbish.. but as I say, I think they lack the creative input into such systems or they are shackled far too much by the bean counters. Either way it makes for a completely out of balanced approach to game wide system and it sounds like its having a profound effect on the players/guilds if this small sample size of feedback is anything to go by.

Just because you seem to think guilds are created for a single purpose doesn’t mean everyone does… If a single player wants to buy a mansion then good luck to them, enjoy the build and upgrade time/costs, so ANET has it spot on for those players, but others don’t get an option to have anything else other than a mansion and so are forced to have to put a disgusting amount of extra effort in per person in order to even get to where they were prior to the expac providing this crap we have been handed.
I personally would hate to be a new player starting out in GW2 now because unless they enjoy whipping out a credit card to buy gems each da,y life is going to be pretty are forced into becoming just another number in one of those faceless 500’s.

Bottom line is ANET didn’t implement this ridiculous guild hall malarkey for the purposes you think they have and it might just bite them in the backside and deservedly so imo.

As for my comment regarding raids.. it was not in answer to what you said to anyone else in particular it was a general comment to say yay we got a raid, but we don’t create guilds in a game just to smash them…

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

some people consider buff and guild hall levels as something very important.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Actually an official football team is defined, in part, by the number of players. It is not a football team if that minimum number is not reached.

The same is not true of a guild in GW2. According to the game itself a guild can consist of one player.

Dejavu.2349

Except, It’s only how it is because they just changed it 3 1/2 years into a game I loved. Do you think I’d be here if this has always been the focus or “how it is?” Nope. And I likely wouldn’t be playing this game at all.

Again, since you clearly don’t understand, I am here in these forums because the changes they made to the game just annihilated the primary reasons I chose to give them my time and give them my money. I may adapt to some of those changes in time, but right now, I’m peeved and I’ll be here peeving on about it until I’m heard by people who actually can make a difference.

But… they have family spaces at the supermarket?! What paradise do you live in?!

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

It should be possible to claim a hall with 4 people, perhaps 3. The event only requires that you kill the plant, which cant be hurt till you kill 2 enemies, so I’m sure if you tailor your build correctly and are able to quickly kill the required mobs and remove the plant you can get past the first part.

Second part fight wasn’t hard and I’m positive you can complete that with 3 people.

But that really isn’t the problem here. I’m sure Dejavu wouldn’t mind seeking the help required to get the proper guild hall if re-obtaining everything that was earned before HoT would be there after you regained your hall. Heck that should already be there in the headquarters in LA.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Dejavu.2349

McWurth makes an excellent point here and is spot on.
More undeniable proof this xpac is all about big guilds (not… guild… BIG guilds).

The Majority of players are going to want to join the biggest, most progressed guild they can find so they don’t have to feel responsible for donating the HUGE mat wall between them and the buffs and vendors. Why would they? All things being equal, if you were guildless, would you rather join a guild knowing full well you’d have to provide 5,000 flax, ascended mats, 150 shovels, etc…? um… not unless you had another reason to be there… like friends or some other investment.

And some of those guilds are already kicking people because they don’t need people who don’t rep 100% or donate mats. Or they’re just not taking people without an upfront mat or gold deposit (and a couple even kick you out after that, per these forums).

It’s just a lose-lose for a lot of people at this point.

(my apologies, Mcwurth if i misunderstood your post).

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

In the end we all have to realize that this is an MMO. Massively-Multiplayer-Online. I’m sure there’s plenty of games where you can have a great time and be able to do everything with 2-3 people. In the end there’s nothing ANet can do. Scaling won’t work well with a guild hall because it’s too easy to get around- lower mats required for a guild with less people? Sure, everyone leave the guild, wait a few days, and rejoin. The reality is that people will complain no matter what they do. You can not make everyone happy. And I don’t see how this is no longer casual friendly because of these few changes. This is hardly even 5% of the game, and nothing in the core world has really changed.

Posted by: GangNamTwo.9780

GangNamTwo.9780

This issue sets a precedence for the future. Any of us may have our other accomplishments “removed” after a “game system change”. How about if only big guilds get a speed buff to reduce cooldowns in ascended armor process?

One day Guild Wars may just turn out to be a game that big guilds war against little guilds. hahaha.. Maybe Jennifer Lawrence will star in a movie titled “Guild Wars”, part 5 of “Hunger Games”.

Posted by: pandemos.3497

pandemos.3497

In the end we all have to realize that this is an MMO. Massively-Multiplayer-Online. I’m sure there’s plenty of games where you can have a great time and be able to do everything with 2-3 people. In the end there’s nothing ANet can do. Scaling won’t work well with a guild hall because it’s too easy to get around- lower mats required for a guild with less people? Sure, everyone leave the guild, wait a few days, and rejoin. The reality is that people will complain no matter what they do. You can not make everyone happy. And I don’t see how this is no longer casual friendly because of these few changes. This is hardly even 5% of the game, and nothing in the core world has really changed.

That is such a weak response… being that it is an MMO, why would you have any solo content what so ever? Guessing you didn’t play EQ/EQ2 with group required gating content? The scale at which you need others even in an “MMO” is obviously varied per-implementation regardless of what you seem to think it is.

I personally do not like large guilds and will not contribute to this misguided attempt to build social ties and keep people invested. The sad part is that you really should focus on smaller tight knit groups to build those social bonds. The large mc’guilds will not make people feel personally attached enough to achieve their goals.

(edited by pandemos.3497)

ZachAttack.3957

That is such a weak response… being that it is an MMO, why would you have any solo content what so ever? Guessing you didn’t play EQ/EQ2 with group required gating content? The scale at which you need others even in an “MMO” is obviously varied per-implementation regardless of what you seem to think it is.

I personally do not like large guilds and will not contribute to this misguided attempt to build social ties and keep people invested. The sad part is that you really should focus on smaller tight knit groups to build those social bonds. The large mc’guilds will not make people feel personally attached enough to achieve their goals.

Yes, I definitely said you should not be able to do ANYTHING solo. Totally. I said you should not expect to do EVERYTHING solo. Hence the name of the genre.

Of course I would like it if small guilds could keep up with large ones. But therein lies the issue. If you try to cater to smaller guilds larger guilds will take advantage of the system and get just as far in comparison to the smaller guilds as they do now. It’s a very delicate balance. Until I see someone with an amazing system that large guilds can NOT take advantage of in ANY way, I stand by my point.

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

You are just way off base.

The problem is that small guilds had everything they ALREADY HAD EARNED taken away and put behind massive grind / pay walls that only a large guild can afford.

Guild halls are another issue to be sure. But the theft by ANET of all the work done already is total BS.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Of course I would like it if small guilds could keep up with large ones. But therein lies the issue. If you try to cater to smaller guilds larger guilds will take advantage of the system and get just as far in comparison to the smaller guilds as they do now. It’s a very delicate balance. Until I see someone with an amazing system that large guilds can NOT take advantage of in ANY way, I stand by my point.

I’m not really convinced that cutting out small guilds just so large guilds can’t gain any advantage is a very good trade-off. Sometimes, preventing “exploits” is more damaging than the alternative.

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

Seems funny those who say “well it’s a Massively Multiplayer Online game”, where you only need 5 people to do a fractal, 5 people to do a dungeon. Raids increased that slightly, but in reality it’s only the meta events that require a large amount of players.

Abet clearly do not care about how much time and effort people put into their guilds pre hot. And will more than likely not waste anymore of their time or effort on the game.

These are critical times for anet and gw2…

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

Posted by: Velarian.6290

Velarian.6290

I think its very difficult to compare player numbers pre and post hot. pre hot everyone was running around in silverwastes, a small and most importantly SINGLE map, so you had a lot of instances of that. and dungeon groups that only consisted of 5 people. now you have 4 new extremely big zones, maybe 4 times as kittenilverwastes. and i for myself dont have a problem finding an organized one if i really want to.

i still think that raising the difficulty was not a decision they made because they felt like it would fit the spirit of their game more.
i think they asked a lot of players new to the game or players who left about what they are seeing could be improved or why they left and what their main impressions are.

and all what i heard from the people i knew that quit was: no reason to join a guild because you could solo nearly every content in the game or do it in semi organized groups. nothing really left to do after hitting 80 and getting exo armor. nothing to work for. only gold grind in a massive way to get a single skin. fashion wars 2.

and i know a lot of people who quit and came back for hot and now see some of their concerns being addressed. and the majority of people i speak to are pleased with the new difficulty of the maps and feel like they have to grow for the challenge.

sure thats always individual points of view, as is yours and mine. only time will tell if it was a good decision or not, but all i say is that i could see them going in the right direction, for me they are.

and to the mmo discussion: all i say is that i can understand people that look for things like needing to organize a large group of people to succeed if you want to progress in a mmo game. maybe you are not, and thats fine. i will say again, you are still not forced to participate in high scale organization if you dont want to, but you loose out on some shinies. maybe its not perfect, thats true. but you can still do exactly the same things as before and have even more options now, but are unable to get everything as a single player. i think that is not a bad thing.

to make it clear, i dont think they did everything right. as i mentioned before, the wvw part of guid halls is absurd and a big reason why borderlands are so empty right now. i also think that at least 2 difficulties for the raids would have been a good idea. one normal one where you can grind out your ascended items and one expert one with the legendary armor drops etc for ingame prestige. this way you could experience the story and the cinematic of the fights even as a casual gamer. as it is now, you really have to be dedicated and willing to invest a lot of time and gold to succeed. not necessarily bad, but i think splitting rewards and diffculty in different levels would have been a much much better idea to keep players interested and invested in this game.

as it is now you dont have to know anything about your class or this game to succed in open world, and only minor knowledge to clear dungeons and maybe decent knowledge to clear high level fracs… not even that if u follow guides. but with hot u suddenly out of nowhere have to get a feel for what you are doing. a learning curve whould have been nice. i cant really see a change in difficulty over the 4 new maps. ok, TD meta is very hard and i havent succeeded yet, and it frustrates me that even with 100 ppl in ts organized you cant be sure to succeed, even if u understand the mechanics well. thats harsh, especially because you need it for shinies. oh and i hate the low amount of AP they gave out with hot, too.

but in the end i like the direction in which this leads and im excited for the things going to happen.

sincerely

ZachAttack.3957

I’m not really convinced that cutting out small guilds just so large guilds can’t gain any advantage is a very good trade-off. Sometimes, preventing “exploits” is more damaging than the alternative.

As aforementioned, I would like to see it to. I would like both smaller guilds and larger guilds to be able to take full advantage of this pretty awesome feature. As for the trade-off… That all depends on the way they implement the new system. And it’s a very hard thing to speculate on, whether the exploit prevention is better than the alternative. Unfortunately it’s very risky to try and see.

I’ve seen some other posts about people losing everything they had worked for (small guilds mainly), and I do think that that should be addressed.

Posted by: Rex.6954

Rex.6954

I’m genuinely getting more and more baffled by the complaints on this forum.

You can’t expect content to be balanced around 2-3 person guilds. That doesn’t even qualify as a full party!

The game type should clue you in… Massivley-Multiplayer-Online.

If you can’t stand the rest of the community to thebpointbyou have hamstring your enjoyment of the game… Well, that’s your issue and not Anets.

And for the love of Dhuum. Does ever single tiny tangential complaint need a new thread?! This forum is already hard enough to navigate without “I’m quitting HOT because X” thread number 9000.

You should all start an anti hot support group guild, then you will have plenty of people to get a guild hall.

/rant

It is called an MMO because of the fact lots of people from all over can play at the same time in a “living world”.
But pushing people into big guilds can also have a negative effects, like only the officers and high level guild members get the top stuff and access to what have you, then they don’t tell you how to get up the rankings and if you do the I believe the GM can simply demote you anyway.

This can all be offset by, does this guild support my play style and offer support to it if I need help or will they just pay me out then stop responding to my requests and questions as they are up to their armpits whit what ever they are doing.

Then there is the guild coded talk, only people who were there at the time understand.

These are just some of the reasons that some players shy away from big guilds and would like to have their own for them and a few close friends. This more common than you may realise, so stop picking on the little guy.

And lets face it, if everyone who played MMO’s had the skills to survive in highly complex social situations, they probably would not be playing an MMO in the first place….

pandemos.3497

Scaling guild halls could work based on individual contribution… if you put in X amount you get access to whatever features. Then it wouldn’t be a core set of people left to carry the rest regardless of guild size. Collective pools for mats is just a bad idea. I understand they want mat sinks and people to buy gold.

Edit: condensed

(edited by pandemos.3497)

pandemos.3497

You can’t expect content to be balanced around 2-3 person guilds. That doesn’t even qualify as a full party!

If you can’t stand the rest of the community to thebpointbyou have hamstring your enjoyment of the game… Well, that’s your issue and not Anets.

And for the love of Dhuum. Does ever single tiny tangential complaint need a new thread?! This forum is already hard enough to navigate without “I’m quitting HOT because X” thread number 9000.

You should all start an anti hot support group guild, then you will have plenty of people to get a guild hall.

/rant

It is called an MMO because of the fact lots of people from all over can play at the same time in a “living world”.
But pushing people into big guilds can also have a negative effects, like only the officers and high level guild members get the top stuff and access to what have you, then they don’t tell you how to get up the rankings and if you do the I believe the GM can simply demote you anyway.

This can all be offset by, does this guild support my play style and offer support to it if I need help or will they just pay me out then stop responding to my requests and questions as they are up to their armpits whit what ever they are doing.

Then there is the guild coded talk, only people who were there at the time understand.

These are just some of the reasons that some players shy away from big guilds and would like to have their own for them and a few close friends. This more common than you may realise, so stop picking on the little guy.

And lets face it, if everyone who played MMO’s had the skills to survive in highly complex social situations, they probably would not be playing an MMO in the first place….

As my work required personality test pointed out… being able to function in social situations and liking it are two completely different things.

pandemos.3497

Yes, I definitely said you should not be able to do ANYTHING solo. Totally. I said you should not expect to do EVERYTHING solo. Hence the name of the genre.

You are missing my point. Just because a game is an “MMO” does not require, though it may imply, group content. I was being facetious. Obviously you did not indicate it should be all solo or group content, but to say that an MMO requires group content is also in my opinion invalid. GW2 really only had 5 man content prior to HoT and yet it was still an “MMO”. How exactly is 5 people massive multiplayer? Is it the open world zones that made it massive muliplayer?

Rex.6954

You are just way off base.

The problem is that small guilds had everything they ALREADY HAD EARNED taken away and put behind massive grind / pay walls that only a large guild can afford.

Guild halls are another issue to be sure. But the theft by ANET of all the work done already is total BS.

Agreed, and for players like me who hear and don’t understand some time what is being said as it’s over my head, I just go, well everyone seems keen to see this, so must be good. Then on launch (or just after) are kittens, that’s kitten they took or I didn’t know I would lose…. so you come on here and have your say, just to be heard, then someone responds in the exact talk I just said I didn’t understand saying well they said they would do that so what are you complaining about.

I was just saying I was not happy with my guild loosing what it had and now I can’t see what a real guild hall looks like without destroying all I worked for as a small three man guild……

Just spit balling here, why not make it so there is more than just the Arenanet’s it’s our way or no way. Have a similar guild system for the small guild that give reasonable rewards and keep the small guy happy, it want hurt the big end of the guildtown, just saying; Try thinking that is inside the sandbox and leave the core, that I would say most players liked, alone.

(edited by Rex.6954)

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

I always see the “make the Guild Hall Upgrades scale with the number of members the guild has” FIX. What can stop me from kicking all my guild members,get the mats i need from them,get the upgrade and then invite them again…?!

It might be hard for small guilds to do stuff…but as many people said if you create a guild and you are 2-3 members…let’s be honest,how can you expect to do any content with that guild?
I am a guild leader since 14 november 2013 we had many members now we don’t …let’s say 10-15 daily online members,that is a small guild,yet we don’t complain about the upgrades and we work hard to get our amazing guild hall in a nice shape.
We got all the buildings (tents for now) available and many of the upgrades.
And we are working constantly on it.

They could base it on the max guild roster size. You know the guy you gotta pay to increase your guild member cap? That. If your are a first level guild with the lowest member cap your upgrades are cheaper. The higher your member cap the more you pay. Anet can reset all guilds member caps to the lowest possible for their guild and refund the cost to the guild leader as a one time courtesy.

Hm… three things that I foresee this would affect:

1) if the guild’s cap was cut, the guild members would also have to be cut (temporarily). Building up a lost build roster could cause havoc. All those previously happy people would come to the forum and flame us.
2) big guilds who have already farmed everything and worked very hard would suddenly find that their resources were spent on nothing. More flamers.
3) guilds that want to be big wouldn’t want to have to pay tons simply to upgrade things that small guilds can upgrade for cheap. They would keep the roster empty or at the lowest cap until all the upgrades have been bought, and then bring people back. All the stranded members would understand the advantage and would donate to their guild to progress it. The same issue would still stand, because those guilds would have access to so many resources/income streams that smaller guilds don’t.

But something that would make sense: adding small guild halls for small guilds. Services could be smaller (except WvW buffs) and more affordable for small guilds. Every guild wants a place to call home! And I personally feel that the guild halls are too insanely massive – unless, of course, they are brimming with members who hang out there regularly. Again, small guilds need smaller places. I want a hobbit hole. Or maybe a little old-Ascalon keep.

(Guild Wars 1 guild hall vendor quote: “Truly, what guild can call itself a guild without an island of its own? Come with me. I can take you on a tour of each island, and you can choose which you like the best.”)

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Rex.6954

/rant

As my work required personality test pointed out… being able to function in social situations and liking it are two completely different things.

I agree..
As my work involves working with people who have issue with social environments and anxiety, I too understand your point, yet I do believe the point of an effective MMO is to make as many people comfortable in game as possible, it would seem that, in this case, Anet is trying to be that guy/girl who always tries to get you going out with people you simply don’t get along with then tells you if you can’t do this then we will no longer be friends..
I have read a few of the posts in different parts of this Forum and I get the impression that this is an attempt to pander to the elite players concerns regarding difficulty and related challenges along with endgame content, well on a different thread I put this out to air;

A point to finish on, elites players by designed and definition are in the minority because if they weren’t then they wouldn’t be elites, so the majority of players are more casual, now, if the developers are creating game play to make the elite, hard core players happy, then they are pandering to the vocal minority and not the silent majority.

What do you think.

(edited by Rex.6954)

pandemos.3497

I always see the “make the Guild Hall Upgrades scale with the number of members the guild has” FIX. What can stop me from kicking all my guild members,get the mats i need from them,get the upgrade and then invite them again…?!

It might be hard for small guilds to do stuff…but as many people said if you create a guild and you are 2-3 members…let’s be honest,how can you expect to do any content with that guild?
I am a guild leader since 14 november 2013 we had many members now we don’t …let’s say 10-15 daily online members,that is a small guild,yet we don’t complain about the upgrades and we work hard to get our amazing guild hall in a nice shape.
We got all the buildings (tents for now) available and many of the upgrades.
And we are working constantly on it.

They could base it on the max guild roster size. You know the guy you gotta pay to increase your guild member cap? That. If your are a first level guild with the lowest member cap your upgrades are cheaper. The higher your member cap the more you pay. Anet can reset all guilds member caps to the lowest possible for their guild and refund the cost to the guild leader as a one time courtesy.

Hm… three things that I foresee this would affect:

1) if the guild’s cap was cut, the guild members would also have to be cut (temporarily). Building up a lost build roster could cause havoc. All those previously happy people would come to the forum and flame us.
2) big guilds who have already farmed everything and worked very hard would suddenly find that their resources were spent on nothing. More flamers.
3) guilds that want to be big wouldn’t want to have to pay tons simply to upgrade things that small guilds can upgrade for cheap. They would keep the roster empty or at the lowest cap until all the upgrades have been bought, and then bring people back. All the stranded members would understand the advantage and would donate to their guild to progress it. The same issue would still stand, because those guilds would have access to so many resources/income streams that smaller guilds don’t.

But something that would make sense: adding small guild halls for small guilds. Services could be smaller (except WvW buffs) and more affordable for small guilds. Every guild wants a place to call home! And I personally feel that the guild halls are too insanely massive – unless, of course, they are brimming with members who hang out there regularly. Again, small guilds need smaller places. I want a hobbit hole. Or maybe a little old-Ascalon keep.

(Guild Wars 1 guild hall vendor quote: “Truly, what guild can call itself a guild without an island of its own? Come with me. I can take you on a tour of each island, and you can choose which you like the best.”)

I still just vote that contributions to guilds be based on the individual… if you want guild services you contribute X amount, regardless of guild size. Complete eliminates the complexity and makes everyone accountable. The freeloaders won’t like it… but that shouldn’t be a surprise.

Linken.6345

Except, It’s only how it is because they just changed it 3 1/2 years into a game I loved. Do you think I’d be here if this has always been the focus or “how it is?” Nope. And I likely wouldn’t be playing this game at all.

Again, since you clearly don’t understand, I am here in these forums because the changes they made to the game just annihilated the primary reasons I chose to give them my time and give them my money. I may adapt to some of those changes in time, but right now, I’m peeved and I’ll be here peeving on about it until I’m heard by people who actually can make a difference.

But… they have family spaces at the supermarket?! What paradise do you live in?!

oh just little old sweden, similar to handicap spaces but for families of i think 3+, bigger so the kids dont push the car door into the car next to your space and close to store so you dont have to walk far with a baby stroller

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

Again, MMO does not mean everyone has to play as an amalgamation. It simply means the game supports a large number of players in the same world.