Guild Mission/Favor problem for 1-2 p guilds

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

JediYoda: IF there were other ways to earn favor that did allow for 1-2 player guilds to meet the requirements, would you have an issue, or at least as huge of an issue, with missions not supporting 1-2 player guilds?

No I don’t have any issues at all with it. as it wouldn’t effect me in any way at all just like it would not effect bigger guilds for 1-2 players guild to earn some favor too but at a slower pace as bigger guilds would. 1-2 player guilds are not hurting anyone or game at all in any way, just asking for to let us in on some of the fun is all!

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: Metalman.6345

Metalman.6345

1-2 players guild isnt a guild, its a party with benefits

Posted by: Tunacarp.9723

Tunacarp.9723

I just hope my five player guild (six really, but due to real life, we usually just get five at once, which for dungeon/fractal content works fine) has some chance to get a guild hall and do guild missions without having to invite randoms.

We are close knit real life friends and we just want to play and do content together. We were very disappointed with the guild mission system when it came out, and would like to see these things scaled for 5 man size. That was the size of Destiny’s Edge, more or less, after all.

Posted by: Bob.7189

Bob.7189

The problem is that currently the game allows 1-person guilds to function. After three years, now it won’t. The upsets me. Do I prefer playing in a tiny guild? No. Actually I prefer to play with a regular group of 5 players, which makes a 10-person guild just about perfect in my view.

I have played various games over the last 15 years. I have only had bad experiences with larger guilds. I have had some good experiences with small guilds, but they never last long. Sooner or later real life problems or boredom sets in and people leave the game. After 15 years, I have no desire to make more anonymous “friends” on line. I prefer to play with friends and family. Most of them are not playing GW2 (they prefer pvp in other games), so I have the choice of switching games or playing with 1-2 others. After 10 years of switching from game to game, it got old. I quit. I ended up playing GW2 solo for six months before someone came back.

I am a casual gamer who enjoys world PvE and WvW. The guild influence system worked well for me. I hate doing dungeons or other structured play. So I have no need to find a guild in order to play the content I enjoy. The social side of playing for me is chatting with friends on vent.

Now apparently we cannot access the new guild content or the new profession unless we recruit strangers or join a larger guild, where we won’t have any control and may not be able to craft either. Even to have 3 people consistently for a guild group, you need about six members for practical purposes. Very frustrating.

If it is too frustrating, maybe I will start switching games again.

Posted by: Flaming Saj.2803

Flaming Saj.2803

You cant seriously expect to be catered to by ANET, sure you can have your 1 to 2 ‘guild’ but its not really a guild or a community-nothing wrong in being in a guild of 1-2, but asking them to make it so people can have access to everything is ridiculous.

Bob.7189

The “3 person” minimum sounds to me like Anet intends to require guild groups for mission credit. So at least 3 of a 5-person party must be representing the guild. That means that a guild with 2 persons would never gain credit unless a full group wasn’t needed to complete the mission. Right now, 2 persons representing in a group of 2 is a guild group for influence credit purposes.

I tried to duo a bounty mission, and it wasn’t even close. The guild bounty missions are already a lot harder than the normal “party” level events. And from what I have seen so far, Anet appears to be increasing the dps across the board and correspondingly increasing the difficulty (offensively and defensively) in taking down mobs.

What I am hoping is that small guilds can perform a mission jointly and each get credit if in separate parties of 2 or more members. That won’t help the 1-person guild, but it would work for my situation (only 2 consistent members). I suspect that we won’t actually know how it will works until its live. The information put out so far is extremely vague.

Bob.7189

You cant seriously expect to be catered to by ANET, sure you can have your 1 to 2 ‘guild’ but its not really a guild or a community-nothing wrong in being in a guild of 1-2, but asking them to make it so people can have access to everything is ridiculous.

The word “expansion” implicitly promises additions to the game, not deletions of content already available.

What is ridiculous about expecting ANET to continue providing me the same features already provided? I tried to look up what happens to the existing guild vaults (and their contents) when the expansion goes live. I cannot find any mention of it at all. The Twitch TV presentations are ridiculously ineffective. The written information is extremely vague.

Do I have to empty my vaults since no one will have a guild hall?

(edited by Bob.7189)

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

This is really a problem. My Guild have 4 members and our guild exist since Beta Gw 2 ( and Gw 1!). i don’t really see why small guilds should not able to play the game lol.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I still haven’t heard if Guilds banding together each get credit for a Mission/activity. Or is it only the Guild that starts the Mission? If so, then small Guilds that band together have to do each Mission/activity several times to get credit for each Guild.

And about the Scribe…in a large Guild, who gets to decide who will be Scribe? If the materials all come from the Guild Treasury, then only a few players (or one? two?) can be Scribe, or must wait until the materials are replenished, it seems, as there is a limit to how many materials are stored in the Treasury. Also, there is no real need to duplicate the ‘blueprints’ for the Guild.

It seems, to me, the Scribe discipline would be more advantageous, or more fair to smaller Guilds, if more than one or two wish to Scribe. I don’t know, maybe few wish to craft. Still, I can see issues arising with decorating the Guild Hall in the larger Guilds.

There seem to be more questions than answers here.

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

The word “expansion” implicitly promises additions to the game, not deletions of content already available.

What is ridiculous about expecting ANET to continue providing me the same features already provided? I tried to look up what happens to the existing guild vaults (and their contents) when the expansion goes live. I cannot find any mention of it at all. The Twitch TV presentations are ridiculously ineffective. The written information is extremely vague.

The apparent removal of content for small guilds bothers me as well.

Sure, the big guilds can run 24/7 buffs, but I’m content with our being able to gather enough influence that I can build us one or two buff weekends per month. After HoT, I’m not sure I’ll still be able to do even that for my guild.

Sure, the big WvW guilds can load up on guild siege and multiple claim buffs. But, as the only member of my guild who does any WvW, I’m content to buy an influence scroll when I have laurels to spare and make a few +5 buffs that I can use as I please, solo, when I cap a camp or stake out a tower and upgrade it. It’s a minor contribution to our world’s efforts, but still appreciated. After HoT, apparently I won’t be able to do that any longer because I don’t have two more guildies with me.

It appears that HoT is going to be a big step backwards for small guilds, cutting us off from even the minor benefits that we enjoy now.

Posted by: Leolas.6273

Leolas.6273

And that discrimination for small guilds has to stopp.

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

So then why would two people, who are married, that live together, are likely playing in the same room, need to be in their own personal guild? The only logical reasons would be a) for bank use or b) just so they can share a guild tag that establishes them as being “together” when out in public.

1) Guild Weapon and Armour skins are a thing.
2) Customizable Guild Halls are coming.

As for #2, even if they created separate personal housing (that wasn’t trash like home instances currently are), if the guild maps are ‘different’, that’s enough reason right there.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It’s been stated that guilds that already have access to something like the guild vault/bank can access it through the guild building in Eastern Lion’s Arch, if they don’t have a guild hall.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

It’s been stated that guilds that already have access to something like the guild vault/bank can access it through the guild building in Eastern Lion’s Arch, if they don’t have a guild hall.

They already clarified that on twitch. All existing storage is grandfathered in. You can access it from the guild initiative, like other guild buffs, if you don’t have a guild hall yet. No word as to what new guilds will have to do for storage exactly, but if you have fully upgraded storage now, you can still use it after the HoT release.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

If you have 1 person in your guild, you’re not a guild. You’re a person.

If you have 2 people in your guild, you’re not a guild. You’re a couple.

=P

BrettM.9062

=P

No matter how many people are in my guild, I’m still a person. And your examples become ridiculous very quickly when extended to larger numbers of people.

If you have 3 people in your guild, you’re not a guild. You’re a trio.
If you have 4 people in your guild, you’re not a guild. You’re a quartet.
If you have 100 people in your guild, you’re not a guild. You’re a century.

This kind of silliness proves nothing and doesn’t seem to contribute anything to the discussion.

Posted by: Moonjelly.3742

Moonjelly.3742

I’m part of the small guild club, and mine consists of just my closest friend and I. After years of being in, as well as leading, large guilds across different games, I’m not interested in that anymore. And up until now it hasn’t been an issue, nor punishing, for preferring a micro guild in GW2.

With the current influence setup, even small guilds like mine have had the opportunity to gain a few upgrades here and there. Small guilds don’t have access to the plethora of extra perks/boosts large guilds do (which is how it should be), but we at least were not left out entirely.
So why restrict players into only one way of gaining favor? Perhaps there will be another method that hasn’t been mentioned, but at this point it seems only missions will give us that.
I would be perfectly happy with being able to gain favor via doing events out in the world, like we have now, still but with a smaller weekly cap (say 100 or so). It would take much longer to do things (I am fine with that), but at least that way we wouldn’t be excluded and could still be able to plug away towards guild hall upgrades.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

One person IS a family of one, and is entitled to all benefits that a family of one would receive. There are other benefits for which you would not be eligible, but those are based on having a number of dependents, to cover those dependents, and has absolutely nothing to do with guilds.

I’m gonna go ahead and say you are outright wrong by defining a single person as a family of one. By definition a family is a group. An individual cannot be defined as a family. The term “family of one” is an oxymoron.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Dahkeus.8243

=P

No matter how many people are in my guild, I’m still a person. And your examples become ridiculous very quickly when extended to larger numbers of people.

This kind of silliness proves nothing and doesn’t seem to contribute anything to the discussion.

Yea, I intended a bit of silliness (signified by the emote), but the idea that people want full guild benefits and balance for 1 or 2 people is, let’s be honest, a bit heavier on the silliness.

P.s. 3 and 4 people guilds are also ridiculous and a century only applies to roman armies and years, if which GW2 players are neither.

JediYoda.1275

Yea, I intended a bit of silliness (signified by the emote), but the idea that people want full guild benefits and balance for 1 or 2 people is, let’s be honest, a bit heavier on the silliness.

Moonjelly post below explains the issue much clearer than I did in my OP. If you are not going to contribute to anything meaning full to this discussion please stop posting in this thread. Since clearly you disagree with the topic at hand and we get that so no need to try and derail the thread any further.

No one is this thread me or others are asking for full guild benefits or balance as we don’t even have them now with the current Merit system locking us out. We are only asking to let us earn to earn Favor in someway even if it takes us longer to get some things and nothing wrong with that as it doesn’t hurt bigger guild or anyone else.

I’m part of the small guild club, and mine consists of just my closest friend and I. After years of being in, as well as leading, large guilds across different games, I’m not interested in that anymore. And up until now it hasn’t been an issue, nor punishing, for preferring a micro guild in GW2.

With the current influence setup, even small guilds like mine have had the opportunity to gain a few upgrades here and there. Small guilds don’t have access to the plethora of extra perks/boosts large guilds do (which is how it should be), but we at least were not left out entirely.
So why restrict players into only one way of gaining favor? Perhaps there will be another method that hasn’t been mentioned, but at this point it seems only missions will give us that.

I would be perfectly happy with being able to gain favor via doing events out in the world, like we have now, still but with a smaller weekly cap (say 100 or so). It would take much longer to do things (I am fine with that), but at least that way we wouldn’t be excluded and could still be able to plug away towards guild hall upgrades.

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

Posted by: KerryTT.4792

KerryTT.4792

=P

P.s. 3 and 4 people guilds are also ridiculous and a century only applies to roman armies and years, if which GW2 players are neither.

Technically, there is 1 player involved in my guild. But… there are 8 hard working characters who strive for the common good of the guild. They are proud of their 100% guild participation rate and are all working on 100% map completion. There is also one character who hangs around the human home area to mine each day and one 56 level who just opens up bags… But the rest party together but prefer to adventure alone.
:)

And actual contribution. Personally, since I am in a one person guild, I have no problem not being able to do stuff which is geared towards guilds that actually have numbers of people.

(edited by KerryTT.4792)

Posted by: Shalien.9018

Shalien.9018

Funny thread.

Semantics aside I think people should be able to make Bank guilds. As long as that’s possible, that’s all that a 1 person guild needs to be able to do.

Shalien Ascendant [SL]
Sanctum of Rall
Check out our Recruitment Video

JediYoda.1275

Funny thread.

Semantics aside I think people should be able to make Bank guilds. As long as that’s possible, that’s all that a 1 person guild needs to be able to do.

You and several others are wrongly assuming that everyone that has a 1 person guild is just for bank space is wrong. I contribute with banners and other buffs that I have access to, to benefit everyone so its not just for selfish reasons as people claim.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

In my eyes the easiest solution would be a vendor, who sells 100 Favor to guilds per week for gold. Nano guilds could slowly progress and for mega guilds it would be quite irrelevant.

Dahkeus.8243

Moonjelly post below explains the issue much clearer than I did in my OP. If you are not going to contribute to anything meaning full to this discussion please stop posting in this thread. Since clearly you disagree with the topic at hand and we get that so no need to try and derail the thread any further.

No one is this thread me or others are asking for full guild benefits or balance as we don’t even have them now with the current Merit system locking us out. We are only asking to let us earn to earn Favor in someway even if it takes us longer to get some things and nothing wrong with that as it doesn’t hurt bigger guild or anyone else.

Ya know, it is possible to have a serious discussion with some silliness at the same time right? I mean, take a step back. We’re chatting on a video game forum. Seriousness only applies so far here, lol.

@ Shalien: Totally agree that people should be able to have their 1 or 2 person guild, but the moment that those 1-2 people guilds start stating that the entire guild system needs to be balanced for them is when it just gets ridiculous.

I mean, a guild for 1-2 people is kinda like using a hockey stick as a hammer. Yea, you’ll be able to knock in a couple nails with it in a pinch, but you shouldn’t take it to a wood shop and expect it to be suited for a carpenter’s daily use.

Guilds were designed for medium to large groups and while they’ll work for 1-2 people, it’s just not realistic to expect them to work for them as well as it does for the medium to large groups.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’d also like to note that the guild initiative was designed as a fully functional guild hall for people without guild halls.

It is literally a 5 player cap mini – guild hall, with a smaller selection of services gained with gold.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

JediYoda.1275

@ Shalien: Totally agree that people should be able to have their 1 or 2 person guild, but the moment that those 1-2 people guilds start stating that the entire guild system needs to be balanced for them is when it just gets ridiculous.

I mean, a guild for 1-2 people is kinda like using a hockey stick as a hammer. Yea, you’ll be able to knock in a couple nails with it in a pinch, but you shouldn’t take it to a wood shop and expect it to be suited for a carpenter’s daily use.

Again NO ONE is asking entire guild system needs to be balanced for us in anyway at all. All we are asking for is to let us have a way to earn Favor also even if its at a slower paces as bigger guilds. What’s so hard to understand about that? Guild missions will be the only way for a guild to earn Favor. By letting any guild of any size earn favor hurts no one at all as its not hurting you is it? Do you really care if I want to earn things at a slower pace than bigger guilds? I bet not, so let us have a small piece of the pie is all!

I predict and I hope I’m right after H.O.T goes live there will be more threads like this!

Dahkeus.8243

Again NO ONE is asking entire guild system needs to be balanced for us in anyway at all. All we are asking for is to let us have a way to earn Favor also even if its at a slower paces as bigger guilds. What’s so hard to understand about that? Guild missions will be the only way for a guild to earn Favor. By letting any guild of any size earn favor hurts no one at all as its not hurting you is it? Do you really care if I want to earn things at a slower pace than bigger guilds? I bet not, so let us have a small piece of the pie is all!

Yea, that’s pretty much what you’re asking for actually. You want devs to spend time and resources to give 1-2 person ‘guilds’ the ability to earn a resource that was designed for actual real guilds.

And yea, taking those resources away hurts everyone that’s not in a 1-2 person guild. Updates don’t just magically happen out of thin air.

JediYoda.1275

Yea, that’s pretty much what you’re asking for actually. You want devs to spend time and resources to give 1-2 person ‘guilds’ the ability to earn a resource that was designed for actual real guilds.

And yea, taking those resources away hurts everyone that’s not in a 1-2 person guild. Updates don’t just magically happen out of thin air.

No I’m not and what I’m asking hurts no one and even you at all in way shape or form!

Oh please, it would not take much resources to remove the 3 person minimum requirement to let us do Easy Tier Guild Missions so we can earn some favor. It’s not like I’m asking the Dev’s to move a mountain or part the red sea.

Anet has already wasted tons of resources flip flopping back and forth on several things in this game making changes to them over and over. Did those wasted resources hurt anyone? Nope not at all not even in the tiniest bit

Dahkeus.8243

No I’m not and what I’m asking hurts no one and even you at all in way shape or form!

Oh please, it would not take much resources to remove the 3 person minimum requirement to let us do Easy Tier Guild Missions so we can earn some favor. It’s not like I’m asking the Dev’s to move a mountain or part the red sea.

Yea…devs already have enough requests that the community is sure would take almost no time to implement (with all their knowledge of programming video games) and many of those actually affect a reasonable amount of the player base.

JediYoda.1275

Yea…devs already have enough requests that the community is sure would take almost no time to implement (with all their knowledge of programming video games) and many of those actually affect a reasonable amount of the player base.

So you are telling me is that you want all the Dev’s resources to go bigger guilds and give the middle finger to all the smaller guilds? Because that’s what I’m getting from your post.

If that’s the case that’s is being selfish on your part when all I’m asking is let us earn some favor too. As company they need to include all players guilds not just bigger guilds as its good for their bottom line in the long run.

Dahkeus.8243

So you are telling me is that you want all the Dev’s resources to go bigger guilds and give the middle finger to all the smaller guilds? Because that’s what I’m getting from your post.

I’m telling you the following:
– 1-2 person ‘guilds’ aren’t what guilds were designed for and as such shouldn’t be considered for any dev resources.
– Any dev focus to 1-2 person guilds will just encourage people to ask for more balance for them and they will just use any focus they got in the past as justification.
– Guilds weren’t designed for 1-2 people, so they shouldn’t be treated like they were. If you want to take this personally by saying that this means you’re getting the ‘middle finger’, then this conversation should probably end as you’re getting pretty kitten salty.

Take a breath and lighten up. You put out your suggestion. If there’s enough other people like you, they’ll chime in and if you get enough attention, maybe devs will go with it. However, if the thread just has more people telling you stuff like what I’m saying or if the devs just don’t agree with you, then nothing comes of it. It is what it is. Walk your life and don’t sweat the small things.

Posted by: Selkirk.4218

Selkirk.4218

i’m in a micro guild (me)…i don’t like the bigger guilds because i don’t want to feel like i’m being bossed around (i get enough of that at work) or serving a leader. i really don’t want to join another guild to serve somebody while they choose which decorations to build.

a smaller guild gives you some individuality-even if it’s just small things like guild banners or guild names or emblems. and the fact remains that guilds obviously were in fact designed for smaller groups and individuals (you can start one for 1 gold).

the mega guilds really have zero appeal but i can see large chunks of people just playing with guildies/just chatting with guildies/just doing missions (or feeling obligated to) further splintering the player base.

all op and people like me are asking for is something to do with our small guilds. why not introduce mercenaries for small guilds (npcs we could unlock to use for small guild missions) or something creative. i’ll just abandon my small guild and go guildless before joining mega guild and serving great leader.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

the new Q&A may be relevant
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3n9d9y/guild_week_day_4_qa/

“We are balancing most of the cost assuming 10 players.”

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Bob.7189

I have two comments in response.

1. Allowing credit to small guilds could easily work like the dungeon completion influence credits work now. Or PvE credit could remain for event completion too. So the code already exists. Currently this correction wouldn’t even require a budget from a management perspective.

2. Life doesn’t have to be a zero sum game. Someone else’s happiness is not a threat to you.

JediYoda.1275

I have two comments in response.

1. Allowing credit to small guilds could easily work like the dungeon completion influence credits work now. Or PvE credit could remain for event completion too. So the code already exists. Currently this correction wouldn’t even require a budget from a management perspective.

2. Life doesn’t have to be a zero sum game. Someone else’s happiness is not a threat to you.

Exactly right on both points and in the bold and thank you for your post

Posted by: tevoro.1587

tevoro.1587

I can’t speak for everyone so this applies solely to me. I don’t give 2 kittens about getting a “personal guild hall” there is nothing in it, except possibly the arena, that I would like at this time—plus I have much better things to blow 100g on—HOWEVER I do use my personal guild to build the +5 supplies for wvw, I mostly roam, often times by myself. That +5 supply can really make the difference when I’m working on a tower or keep, or defending one and have to run back and forth. I don’t feel like Yoda, Brett, myself and many others are asking for a lot here, just the ability to continue building the +5 supply, maybe a banner or buff when we know we’ll be around to use it for a while. You still get the fancy guild halls I get the ability to be allowed to use +5 when I want and not have a giant wvw guild mad at me for using theirs.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

not sure if ts is trolling…..

that is not even a small guild but rather..a tiny guild? wait, is more like a partnership right? not even a party.

well, strictly speaking, u can get anything u want if u able to complete the task given to you. there are ppl who can solo arah even though it recommend 5 ppl. u can solo missions if u think u can do it but to ask it to be scaled for u, i think that is asking for too much. if requirement is 3 person, just get one or two more just to fill up that gap and u can go solo that missions, what is the big deal? i mean, like seriously?

honestly speaking, the reason of 3 person requirement is prevent ppl from creating troll guild and taking up unnecessary resources. do u know just how many those kind of guilds will be born if there no such restriction?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Posted by: Selkirk.4218

Selkirk.4218

well that’s probably what’s going to happen…lfg paying 5 gold for guild mission etc…

but it’s still lousy..i mean why note let the small guilds work for something. we did pay for the guild and the various features in it. now we are told to join up with big guild or go home.

Posted by: Moonjelly.3742

Moonjelly.3742

Clearly everyone has a definition that differs as to what an ‘actual real guild’ means. Not going to start a big debate here and derail the thread so it ends up closed, but just because some of us enjoy our micro guilds, doesn’t mean our opinions or ideas should be dismissed because of it.

We aren’t asking for the guild hall dev team to drop everything to accommodate us, it’s more of a something we would like to see so we have a chance to partake in the dev’s hard work too. If, down the road, this is something they would consider looking at, this way they at least know that there are players who would greatly appreciate it.

The favor from events setup wouldn’t be much different than it is right now with influence. And while I don’t know their coding, I don’t see why it would be a huge hassle to work this in at some point or how it ‘hurts everyone’ outside of the small guilds. In fact, I could see even 5-10 man guilds benefiting from such a setup if there are times where not enough members can log on for them to do specific missions for that week, at least some gain is there.
And as I said before, put a lower weekly cap on what you can gain from events. That way everyone wins.

(edited by Moonjelly.3742)

JediYoda.1275

honestly speaking, the reason of 3 person requirement is prevent ppl from creating troll guild and taking up unnecessary resources. do u know just how many those kind of guilds will be born if there no such restriction?

Under the current system anyone can buy Influence with gold and earn it several different ways in game no matter the size of any players guild. We have access to some things up until the Merit systems comes into play but at least we have access to some things but not everything. Mostly everyone has been content right? I think so…

So now with H.O.T influence is going away in the direction of the Favor system and the only way you can get Favor is by doing Guild Missions.

So now we are being told to join a bigger guild or go home, spam chat 5g per player for guild mission or claim guild hall, temp invite players into your guild then kick them after said mission etc. Rinse and repeat each week!!! Is this really what players want? I know I sure don’t

Guild resources are still time gated and amount capped per week regardless the size of the guild so not much troll guilds will be happing. It only means the bigger the guild the more Favor they will have per week and sooner they will hit the Favor cap etc.

Removing 3 person requirement to me would be a fair compromise to let everyone a chance to earn Favor without having to resort to the above tactics each week.

If there was no 3 person requirement then there would be no issues at all and everyone would be happy and this thread wouldn’t exist at all.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Under the current system anyone can buy Influence with gold and earn it several different ways in game no matter the size of any players guild. We have access to some things up until the Merit systems comes into play but at least we have access to some things but not everything. Mostly everyone has been content right? I think so…

So now with H.O.T influence is going away in the direction of the Favor system and the only way you can get Favor is by doing Guild Missions.

So now we are being told to join a bigger guild or go home, spam chat 5g per player for guild mission or claim guild hall, temp invite players into your guild then kick them after said mission etc. Rinse and repeat each week!!! Is this really what players want? I know I sure don’t

Guild resources are still time gated and amount capped per week regardless the size of the guild so not much troll guilds will be happing. It only means the bigger the guild the more Favor they will have per week and sooner they will hit the Favor cap etc.

Removing 3 person requirement to me would be a fair compromise to let everyone a chance to earn Favor without having to resort to the above tactics each week.

If there was no 3 person requirement then there would be no issues at all and everyone would be happy and this thread wouldn’t exist at all.

so u saying u wan to have access to some things, it doesnt have to be everything but at least some things.

well, fair enough tbh but how do you think anet should design the system? what should a tiny guild with 1 or 2 person should be able to obtain and not be able to obtain?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

JediYoda.1275

so u saying u wan to have access to some things, it doesnt have to be everything but at least some things.

well, fair enough tbh but how do you think anet should design the system? what should a tiny guild with 1 or 2 person should be able to obtain and not be able to obtain?

Yes that is what I’m saying,

So to answer your question I think it should up to the players on how much they want to obtain within the new system to work towards. Obviously slim chance most will never max out their guild hall due to all the mats required/time gate/caps IMHO. At least they would have access to things they want to work towards!

The system is already in place and would need some tweaking to let Favor earned little more easily for tiny guilds instead of the current barrier that will be coming.

BrettM.9062

We’re not asking the devs to give us anything. We’re asking the devs not to take away what we currently have, which is what they’re doing.

I run a 10-person guild, carried over from GW1. Of the 10, one has been MIA for a year now. A couple of others don’t rep. Most of the rest are very casual, logging in only every few weeks. Of the three or four of us who are pretty regular, we are almost never on at the same time.

So, we have never earned a single merit. That’s fine. We’re content with slowly gaining enough influence that I can pop a guild gathering or MF buff for one or two weekends a month, or make a few banners. I can buy an influence scroll now and then to make a few WvW +5 buffs for myself (since I’m the only one who does WvW) to use when I like. Life is good, or at least good enough. But the devs are taking this away from us, leaving us with nothing. Who benefits from that?

What harm is there if we can get some small, shabby shack in the jungle to use as a guild hall? It took us a long time to gain and fit out our GW1 guild hall, but we didn’t hurt anyone by doing so. I don’t think the GW1 devs used up a whole lot of resources better devoted to Real Guilds to make this possible. What is this fiction about the GW2 devs needing to go to extra lengths to accommodate smaller guilds? They made a conscious decision to invent a new system that cuts us off at the knees, and I think we can be pardoned for not being pleased by that.

Posted by: Mingus Dew.8620

Mingus Dew.8620

I don’t think they should have to balance around your bank guild. Get outside your comfort zone.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

You should be able to do t1 bounties (2 targets per 15min). Track, call on map, people normally jump in to help. Also trek should be super easy to solo for t1 & t2, t3 if you have a friend to help along. All you need is world exploration and Dulfy’s guide to Trek. That’s my plan at least.

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

I am in a 7 man guild of people who know each other IRL except 4 of those haven’t logged in for over a year, one never reps and the other has been absent for 3 months, so effectively it is a one man guild. I have by myself unlocked guild bounties, treks and rushes and run these most week solo.
Will I still be able to solo these missions after HoT? Or will I have to try and give the absentees a prompt to be active again?
The guild currently has 50 merits – do these (and any earned in the next 3 weeks) need to be spent before HoT or will they have a use?

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Will I still be able to solo these missions after HoT? Or will I have to try and give the absentees a prompt to be active again?

You should still be able to solo SOME guild missions. They are moving puzzles and challenges (possibly rushes too, not sure) to instances, so I don’t think they are possible to complete solo. Currently in open world you can tag for credit if another guild is doing it.

The guild currently has 50 merits – do these (and any earned in the next 3 weeks) need to be spent before HoT or will they have a use?

Spent them now, you can carry over unused consumables, such as banners. Merits are going away when the expansion comes according to livestream http://dulfy.net/2015/09/30/gw2-guild-week-day-two-livestream-notes/

JediYoda.1275

I don’t think they should have to balance around your bank guild. Get outside your comfort zone.

It not a balance issues its a barrier issue and people need to stop generalizing that every 1 or 2 person guilds are just bank guilds. As some posters have stated including myself we drop banners and +5 supply buffs to supply camps along with other things we have access to up to the Merit system comes into play.

A true bank guild wouldn’t do any of that. Anet has always touted “play your way” and " we don’t wan’ to force players to play a way they don’t want to" But yet here we are………………..

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think small guilds should be able to acquire Favor. It certainly doesn’t impact large guilds in any way. Some of us would like to participate in building/decorating our guild halls, rather than just providing the materials and watching someone else have fun.