HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kitsune.1902

Kitsune.1902

Reread what I said. It states that it is indeed the same value since Anet is giving away the Core game for $10, where that is the price of a new character slot. Tow bundles aimed at two different types of people. I fully believe in supporting additional content. I do not believe in screwing over Veteran Players over something as trivial as not having a couple additional bundles.

I have no use for an extra character slot however. Already have one reserved for trying out revenant, and I could easily clear out a second one any time.

You don’t have uses for one, but many a player has. The content of the expansion isn’t worth 50 dollars/euros for me, at best 35. Adding a character slot would at least make the punch in the guts sufferable, like an Ice Bucket Challenge done for the game’s future.

Indeed. By the same logic, ‘You don’t have uses for bundled base game, but many a player has’. They are both options someone may or may not have use for. As such, I don’t think it really offers much of a solution. If you get a bonus that’s useful for you, you may feel more happy about it. If it doesn’t happen to give anything useful for you.. then you’re not.

That’s why a cheaper option without the bonuses is a good idea. Since we don’t have that kind of option (currently the cheapest option is expansion + base game as bonus), at least the bonus should be arranged so that it’s of value for everyone. That’s why I feel it would be better to bundle in gems instead of character slot.

Posted by: nerevar.6247

nerevar.6247

Nono guys you got it all wrong:

The core game is what you pay, the expansion is a FREE BONUS!

See what I did there? If you buy a bundle, you pay everything of it. I got GW2 already, I don’t need a bundle, I just need the expansion. I don’t care if it’s cheap or expensive, the point is that I don’t want to pay for something I already own.

You’re not paying for a bundle. You’re paying for the expansion like everyone else.

Expansion + GW2 = Bundle.
1+1=2

I was never good in math, but I think this is correct, right?

1 is not equal to 1+1. Because you’re only paying for the Expansion if you have the core and if you don’t you’re still only paying for the expansion. So you’re only paying for the expansion at the end. See so it will look something like this (Expansion = Expansion).

Don’t worry I was only good at math up till calculus 2 ;/.

(edited by nerevar.6247)

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

The expansion should have come in the form of the deluxe version for existing players plain and simple. You’re having a laugh if you think i’m going to pay for the base game again and get nothing out of it.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: Kharekha.3295

Kharekha.3295

I just bought the game about 2 weeks ago, if they discount the price i paid from the expansion pack, I will buy it, if not it’s goodbye !

Funny thing is that I was just about to buy some gems, now ill just wait and see, i don´t even know if I should invest more time in this game.

Felling cheated atm.

Posted by: Dott.5672

Dott.5672

Physical copies would be expensive though, and we’ve seen pretty clearly that ANet wants more money.

“Guild Wars 2 fans are big role-players, and
we love to give them the tools they need
to have big, important events!” Stop lying, ANet.

Posted by: Machiavell.7396

Machiavell.7396

OP is just not intelligent enough to understand idfference between price itself and how “dedicated” players are about to get flipped over like a famous table. It’s about respect and appretiation, works both ways. So what if I appretiate game, it’s developers and all, when in the end I’m being literally kicked in the face by not being a new player anymore?

Unofficial Master Bugfinder and Design Critic.
“He will improve everything that ArenaNet added to infinity and beyond.”

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I’m okay with paying $50 if I get an additional character slot.

Right now, no way. This is borderline theft.

Buy ultimate version and you got an extra slot with $50, the rest $50 is cost for 4000 gem actually. Not to mention there are quite a lot of free gift…

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I don’t understand why people are raging so hard. I mean yes $50 is quite a lot but it almost seems like nobody here has ever bought another game before. Let’s have a look shall we:

Evolve: $60 Pre-purchase
GTA V: $60 Pre-purchase
ArcheAge: $50 Founderspack
Sims 4: $60 Pre-purchase
WoW Mists of Pandaria: $40 Pre-purchase
Wildstar: $56 Pre-purchase

This is baffling. How are you even comparing full retail releases to an expansion? Do you even knows what goes into making a standalone game and an expansion or dlc for one? Vastly different things. I will shell out 60$ for a new game, I will not for an expansion, which is 50% (likely more) reused assets from the core game. Just take a dlc or expansion for either of those you listed and you’ll find your average dlc or expansion in the ballpark of 10-20$, with 20 being usually standalone dlcs that don’t even require having the main game to begin with.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Please do tell how you would come to that conclusion. With that kind of reply, I’m not sure if you know what “free” means..

[/quote]

Simple, Heart of Thorns is not “free”. It is a paid expansion. One feature of that expansion is the introduction of a new class. This a feature that is only usable with an empty character slot. For many players, they have no such slot, and those who do are required to sacrifice one of their existing slots for the purpose.

In other words, one of the key paid features of HoT is not usable without either an additional purchase, or sacrificing already purchased content. Asking for that functionality, when you pay for the expansion, is not asking for “free” stuff. It’s asking to be able to use what you pay for.

But then, after the Infinite Continue Coin debacle I guess ANet don’t really care about whether or not customers can use the products they pay for, so long as they’ve paid.

Posted by: Salonikios.3154

Salonikios.3154

I think we deserve much more from our game for 100Euros…..
The price simply doesnt justify the content….i mean we get 4000gems not for free….we pay for the kitten gems as well….and it costs them nothing to shove it in the Ultimate version……should be called dumb persons version….

Posted by: Iant Aman.4390

Iant Aman.4390

Well, surely it’s up to Anet to grant a free bonus to new players (as they claim to do). However, 45+ € for the expansion is somewhat pricey and as an old player I sure do feel unloved (bursts out into tears).
I somehow understand that Anet wants to make some money with the expansion (also to make up for the costs of development). Which is why I can half understand their decision NOT to decide for a 20-30 € ‘just the expansion’ version.
However, how about giving something also to the old players – like 2 additional character slots and maybe a free bank tab expansion – that surely would not ruin Anet and it would make us old players feel a little less unloved.

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

I totally agree with the OP, however I’d like to add a different perspective.

Many of us assume (based on the information we have so far) that there will be far less content compared to the base game, yet it costs the same amount as the base game. To be honest, this is still a good deal if you’re a new player. Only problem is most of us who are not happy about this have been since release/headstart.

That said, let’s look at what the Ultimate Package has to offer. 4000 gems + char slot (800 gems) + 4 additional ingame stuff. Let’s consider them 400 gems each, that gives us 1600. 4000 + 1600 + 800 = 6400 That equals 80EUR. There you go 19,99EUR for the expansion (which is the exact amount of the assumed value).

Looking it this way, it’s a bit better. I know many can’t spend 100EUR on a game all at once. I’m still waiting for the release date and a non digital Collector’s edition (as the proud owner of one for the original GW2).

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

The standard bundle should include a character slot. You cannot release a new class and expect people to pay 800 gems on top of the expansion to be abble to play revenant.

Posted by: Levitating Cat.8623

Levitating Cat.8623

Q: Will this expansion only be available digitally, or will there be a boxed edition as well?
A: Both. Once Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is available, you’ll be able to buy it digitally or get boxed editions at retail stores.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/105801626-Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-FAQ

“You are all weaklings!”

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/611115298620604417

There, this all is a choice made based on brick and mortar retailers by the looks of it. In other words the driving forces behind this are lower barrier to entry and no need to rely on retailers re-stocking the core game and/or distributing a version with and without core game for retail stores. Quite simple, it is cheaper for them to produce two different physical editions of HoT rather than three (one of which has significantly reduced sales potential in that environment). We already know Ultimate is digital only.

Also, ArenaNet and NCSoft have to achieve a degree of parity between retail and digital releases, if they offer cheaper editions digitally retailers might simply refuse to stock HoT altogether.

Posted by: hapvis.7059

hapvis.7059

Veteran players have gotten almost three years of game time and free updates that new players will never have/experience (unless they pay for the Living Story stuff). If you think all that is worthless, then I’m not sure why you care about HoT in the first place.

If Verteran players missed the time period to unlock the Living Story 2, they still need to pay for it.

Posted by: Talve.9027

Talve.9027

Not going to buy it either.

Kind a sad though. Was looking forward to it.

What pushed it over the line for myself was the whole “free core for everyone else”. Not that i’m against getting new people into the game. I just like being appreciated for being a long time client. This however i took pretty much as “go **** yourself”. So might as well renew my subscription to DCUO.

GL to anyone else who goes along with it.

Noexc / Ranger
Talve / Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Agalloch.2678

Agalloch.2678

Living Story season 2 will be included also?

Posted by: arcc.2193

arcc.2193

This is total bull***********. I’m not even gonna get rewarded for playing the game for 2 years? Why don’t they just give the possibility of buying the expansion with a character slot included?
If you do the math, basically we would pay 100€ (first gw2 plus this expansion) while the new players pay 50€ for the exact same game. That’s totally unfair.

Posted by: kuben.9826

kuben.9826

I was expecting something about 40-50euro. I was even willing to pay this. But no slot and core game instead? I already have two accounts, don’t need “third” one.
i think that good move would be to make 2 different standard editions
1) HoT+core game (still superior)
2) HoT+char slot
or at least let ppl create another account with core game and add HoT to the their main account lol

Posted by: Giland.4507

Giland.4507

While you would be correct that we could be getting an extra slot over newcomers they get a free copy of the core. Niether of which cost the company 10 dollars so technically valuing it out is not appropriate. However slot holds great value to the Vet as the don’t have to delete possible level 80 character. Core game has been made easier for new players what took me months to level my first 80 can now take days. so I think the they have to work statement while somewhat valid isn’t a good justification for maying Vets have to pay to play. When I say pay you will have to pay somehow delete a character, purchases gems with money, grind out the time us casual vets that could be a month or more. Again seeking equality for all gamers. I am all for locking new comers out from the Revenant class until they pay for the character slot as well this is also fair.

“In the end, we are all just killers and we couldn’t be bothered to care.”

Salonikios.3154

The expansion should be purchable with ingame gems as well with cash(JUST THE EXPANSION).
As of right now we are buing the game all over again…well i dont want that….i have the digital deluxe edition and i deserve more,we all who have deserve more….
15 Euros is all i am whilling to pay for the expansion,SINCE,i have been purchashing gems non stop for the past 2 years…..SINCE….i have been a loyal player of GW2….SINCE….I dedicate myself to just this game…..WE DESERVE MORE!!!!!
Dont fall into the trap people….let em see that we dont care for their stuff when its a money grab….

Posted by: ladybutter.5280

ladybutter.5280

I’ve been discussing HoT’s content with someone before, and I told him that I get the feeling that it isn’t close to what an xpac should be. Then our discussion ended with “well it will depend on the price”. And now look, I was right all along.

So far, here’s what I know we’re getting for sure:
1. New 1 zone, the vertical one. The way they emphasized a lot of times the verticality of this new zone makes me think that this is all we gonna get. A single zone with a lot of floors.
2. New Guild Halls – okay new one! excited about this.
3. New PVP Stronghold
4. New masteries
5. New/Sort of elite spec for each profession (good for you if the new elite works out for your class, if not sorry)
6. New/Sort of 1 weapon choice for each profession (some only get offhand, and tough luck if that new weapon is actually useful on your class)
7. New profession!!! Woot!
8. Replaced borderlands – I repeat, replaced. The new bl maps are supposed to replace the old one, so it means, technically, it’s not part of HoT. Don’t tell me old players who won’t buy the xpac won’t have access to wvw bls?
9. Reworked Normal Specialization – in short, re-worked trait system. Not included in HoT.

And now I believe that is all? How is that even on par with the content available in the base game? There were no mentions of new dungeons and fractal maps even.

It’s like they’ve thrown in the bonus base game to justify the $50 price tag.

(edited by ladybutter.5280)

Posted by: Egg.7061

Egg.7061

To clarify: $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.

Base on your LOGIC, I do have the core game for TWO fxxking years ago, so can I get the expansion as my free bonus???

Ridiculous!!!

(edited by Egg.7061)

Dott.5672

Nope.
Throw more money at ANet.

Posted by: James Quall.6029

James Quall.6029

More than anything I can’t imagine why they’re charging as much as the core game used to cost for an expansion that is going to have about 1/20th of the content.

It’s like 3 pve zones that everyone will be bored to death of in a month, guild halls that should’ve been in game since launch, a spvp game type that I’ve never heard a single good word said about, a new wvw map, and a new profession + a new trait line for every profession, and probably some kind of story mode in there. There won’t be any dungeons added because they fired their entire dungeon team and decided the only pve content should be open world junk.

There was like 25 zones at game launch, like 4-5 spvp maps (rip raid on capricorn), all of wvw, 8 professions, 8 dungeons with 3-4 paths each + story mode, plus a full personal story. They added more since, sure, but content release was glacial in pace.

I could care less if new players get the core game (as long as they give refunds to people who bought the game recently because their FAQ said they’d have to have it to play HoT), I’m just thinking this is going to seem like a tiny morsel of content a month or two after release that was released at full game price.

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Admin will infract your post, because you said forbiden words. Try to delete “insults” because he will give you 1 -5 infraction points. Do it fast before he infract you.

That guy you are talking with is 100 % right. We simply won t buy the game for 50$ infractions or not.
Stop being a White knight man…couse you risk to play gw2 alone in few months

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

The expansion should be purchable with ingame gems as well with cash(JUST THE EXPANSION).
As of right now we are buing the game all over again…well i dont want that….i have the digital deluxe edition and i deserve more,we all who have deserve more….
15 Euros is all i am whilling to pay for the expansion,SINCE,i have been purchashing gems non stop for the past 2 years…..SINCE….i have been a loyal player of GW2….SINCE….I dedicate myself to just this game…..WE DESERVE MORE!!!!!
Dont fall into the trap people….let em see that we dont care for their stuff when its a money grab….

Interesting you would waste gems to buy those useless stuffs (cost them 1 day to make those stuff that sell for 8~10 dollars), but you can’t save those money for x-pac :P

No wonder most companies make their game F2P now because they know the consumers are stupid. (They’d rather pay 5 dollars 50 times than paying 50 dollars once)

Dott.5672

Admin will infract your post, because you said forbiden words. Try to delete “insults” because he will give you 1 -5 infraction points. Do it fast before he infract you.

Maybe they shouldn’t kittening pull kitten like this god kitten crap if they don’t like people cursing when they react to being ripped off.

Posted by: Kharekha.3295

Kharekha.3295

I just bought the game about 2 weeks ago, if they discount the price i paid from the price of the expansion pack, I will buy it, if not it’s goodbye !

Funny thing is that I was just about to buy some gems, now ill just wait and see, i don´t even know if I should invest more time in this game.

Felling cheated atm.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Quick, grab your Peasant’s Solutions!

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Smoothicus.7381

Smoothicus.7381

Guild Wars 2 £130 in 3 years (+ the occaisional Gem purchase)

Compared to

WOW 10 yrs on and off in excess of £1000

I think i can live with the price of HoT

Posted by: Alphard.6529

Alphard.6529

Core game is a free bonus to a set Heart of Thorns price to incentivize new players to get the game and not have them pay double.

Your post is pointless.

Nobody misses you. Go away.

+1

[KING] Alpha Cas

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

As far as I am concerned Anet’s excuse for this is not good enough. I will not be buying the expansion until a full official word from Anet on this issue that offers a decent reason for this beyond a desperate player grab at the expense of the veterans or a decent solution that justifies the high price beyond minis and skins.

I pre-purchased the digital deluxe originally as well as spent enough on gems to basically equal some form of sub. This feels really underhanded that there isn’t even the common courtesy of a character slot, especially in regards to the price. Anet has messed up, please stop with the guilt tripping arguments too, the player base spends enough on the gem store to shut down the ‘well there’s no sub so shut up’ argument.

Players should give it time though, company responses take longer than a few hours to release.

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I am hyped and I bought the expansion. My entire guild left GW2 for Archeage a year ago and I’m the only one left in GW2. They said that they’re interested in coming back, but they are NOT paying $50 to rebuy the game.

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

What part of the core game wasn’t considered “good” out of curiosity?

Fun question.

If content gets seen as pure padding, players outside of the game will learn about it and take it into account, while players in the game will ignore it and eventually completely forget about it completely.

But wanting a piece of content to be treated as more than just padding doesn’t mean that players will see it as being so.

FFXIV has a smaller open world, but a fairly expansive amount of instanced content. but yeah, im waiting to see whats actually in the expansion, and when its coming out before i buy it.

It’s a little off-topic, but:

FFXIV has something like 30 hours of group instanced content, in total. This figure includes:

• Every guildhest up to Solemn Trinity.
  • Every trial up to the Steps of Faith, including all of the optional trials from 2.0 through to 2.5.
  • Every dungeon up to Keeper of the Lake, including all optional dungeons from 2.0 through to 2.5.
  • All three parts of the Binding Coils of Bahamut storyline.
  • All three parts of the Crystal Tower/World of Darkness storyline.

I don’t count time spent repeating content, whether that’s farm or progression — just estimates of how long a single smooth, competent-but-not amazing run would take.

Applying similar standards to GW2 groups, I’d figure about the same length of time for just one GW2 fractal as for an FFXIV dungeon.

(edited by evilunderling.9265)

Posted by: Kadarn.1703

Kadarn.1703

I was expecting to game to be around $40-60 as that’s what most new games are priced at. Anyone who complains they bought the game recently at $10-15 and now complain the first part is included with HoT and not they feel ripped off? I have no time for you. Really? Anet basically gave you the game at $10.

HoT is not “NEW GAME”. It is expansion for old game. And for some people even 10$ is a lot money.

Reread what I said. It states that it is indeed the same value since Anet is giving away the Core game for $10, where that is the price of a new character slot. Tow bundles aimed at two different types of people. I fully believe in supporting additional content. I do not believe in screwing over Veteran Players over something as trivial as not having a couple additional bundles.

I have no use for an extra character slot however. Already have one reserved for trying out revenant, and I could easily clear out a second one any time.

You don’t have uses for one, but many a player has. The content of the expansion isn’t worth 50 dollars/euros for me, at best 35. Adding a character slot would at least make the punch in the guts sufferable, like an Ice Bucket Challenge done for the game’s future.

And many players don’t have use for character slot. Even those who have use for it, including me, can buy it for gold without using real money.

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

Does anyone know: If I buy ultimate edition, how would that affect my current account? Will I use the ultimate expansion over my first purchased game or do I have to install the game again, using the new KEY and then upgrade to ultimate?

I bought it, so i can tell you. When you click buy in game and complete your purchase, whatever package that you selected in game will be tied to your account automatically, you don’t have to do anything else. An e-mail will be sent to you with the Key for that package to confirm your purchase and stated your account is tied to this key+you don’t have to do anything. It means, the free vanilla game basically disappear into thin smoke from your package.
If you are ignoring the reality that $50 is rip off, the ultimate package offers better value since it gives 4000gems+1 char slot(worth 800gems).
The 4000gems will be delivered straight away after you finished your payment. Along with 2 extra account slots, 1 being for the beta.
Doesn’t take away fact $50 is kinda rip off.
I’ve been supporting GW2 with lots of regular gem purchase over the years, so it doesn’t matter for me anyway. I just volunteer, lol.

(edited by Pino.5209)

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

The price of HoT has been devisive and I think, with respect to how business models work, they maybe went $10 or so too high and/or should have had a ‘free’ character slot for veterans. Needless to say, there are numerous other threads debating this.

All I ask of arenanet is you stop drip feeding us information and give us the answer to as many of the following questions asap to justify the price:
1. Tell us more about guild ‘raid’ like missions that Colin Johansen seems so proud of
2. Tell us exactly how big this ‘expansion’ is going to be map wise (if it’s the size of dry top and SW I’d be pretty disappointed)
3. Please tell us some more information about the unrevealed classes elite specialization – this alone could convince me to continue playing
4. A realease date – don’t say ‘when it’s ready’, you’re taking people’s money now so you have a ball park figure.

Obviously there will be some more important questions from wvw ers and pvpers too but if they don’t reveal any decent information about 1 and 3 above soon, I’d be pretty disappointed and have to rethink if I want to shell out the cash for too much unknown.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I think the bigger misstep in marketing was the lack of character slot. It’s basically a neon sign saying “We’re really greedy and will squeeze you for every penny we can!”

This is quite laughable. I love the amount of people who think they’re entitled to free stuff just because they’re veterans . The only greedy people here are people asking for free stuff. You’re still paying the price for the expansion as everyone else. If you own the core game already since launch, GREAT! You have enjoyed 3 years of free updates and support for the game while you probably have stacked hundreds of thousands of hours for game who only have to pay once for. Not only that but the free updates and support will continue you to come before and after the expansion. /Thread

Where you are wrong is not in are you a veteran or not.Every new expansion that comes with new class or race must include a free character slot.HoT has 1 new class so it must have 1 free character slot.It’s that simple….

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Ravanus.2543

Ravanus.2543

You’ve both angered me, and dissapointed me Anet.
And judging by flaming on YT, Forum, Map chats ingame I can tell that you’ve managed to kitten off a lot of veterans with this epic “deal”.

Good job, ArenaNet! GOOD KITTEN JOB!

I think it’s safe to say that you dissapointed a big part of your playerbase, and by that I mean veterans.

Unless you fix that then, well, I think you will lose a lot of players, again.

Posted by: Bloodyhell.8760

Bloodyhell.8760

Guys but, is this an expansion or a game development with some extra content?
the thing is, without hot, will you have access to next living story? So aren’t we paying for expansion and coming content hots dedicated?

Salonikios.3154

Toxsa: I buy gems to buy ingame items because i like them and they are appealing to me.
Also,upgrades for your account and mine cant be bought with any other way than gems…that is if you have a life…
moreover we dont pay for a sub so its fine by me.
What is not fine is the way they treat us customers like we are complete morons and deserve nothing more that to be treated like one…
Alphard: Nobody cares about what you or any other person says about the base game being bundled….we demand an UPGRADE for our existing accounts…not the full game and the expansion….
WTF…..people dont go to school these days???Where is that logic being generated?!

(edited by Salonikios.3154)

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Dunno if it’s fair yet. Can’t say because they haven’t announced all content.

As for the character slot, I rly couldn’t care less. I’ll buy one with ingame gold lol.

Posted by: sevianvanzephon.1578

sevianvanzephon.1578

I’m going to assume the people here are veterans.

To all veteran players, calm down and think about what we have at the moment. What do we have that no new players have? Experience? Maybe. But what puts us at a significant amount of advantage due to our overwhelming amount of game time? The answer is GOLD. Not only do we have an excess of gold by now, we also have full knowledge of the richest gold farming spots that no other new player has knowledge of. This might be useless in the HoT value debate but consider this: HoT is available in the gem store. What does this mean? It means it’s worth gems and where can we get gems? By converting all our gold/karma/t6 mats to gems. Effectively we have a means of getting HoT at ZERO value as well…and we have a head start.

Why is this a reliable method? Well the price of the original GW2 (core game) is now ZERO. What this means is that future copies of GW2 is now being sold as GW2:HoT meaning that you can obtain a digital upgrade for approximately(?) 2500gems (or less if you wait for a sale). I am not denying that this move is shocking, but there is a way around it. Furthermore IF in the time that you have played the game you are still unwilling to invest in this amount of time to amass such a fortune, you probably won’t have the time to further invest in future developments of HoT (in which case your money and time is wisely spent elsewhere).

IMO I’m going to wait for gem prices to drop before investing in HoT…I think 6 months is a safe bet.

Posted by: nerevar.6247

nerevar.6247

I think the bigger misstep in marketing was the lack of character slot. It’s basically a neon sign saying “We’re really greedy and will squeeze you for every penny we can!”

This is quite laughable. I love the amount of people who think they’re entitled to free stuff just because they’re veterans . The only greedy people here are people asking for free stuff. You’re still paying the price for the expansion as everyone else. If you own the core game already since launch, GREAT! You have enjoyed 3 years of free updates and support for the game while you probably have stacked hundreds of thousands of hours for game who only have to pay once for. Not only that but the free updates and support will continue you to come before and after the expansion. /Thread

Where you are wrong is not in are you a veteran or not.Every new expansion that comes with new class or race must include a free character slot.HoT has 1 new class so it must have 1 free character slot.It’s that simple….

I’m not reading it anywhere in the Eula where they must include a character slot for each expansion. So what I’m left to believe is that you think you are entitled to free stuff.

(edited by nerevar.6247)

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

you can afford money but not respect. its one thing you earn

Posted by: Skater.9281

Skater.9281

As a player who bought this game a year ago, i feel i played every penny worth of the original game which i payed for and am ready to buy the new expansion at the current price #worthit . Buuuuut, what about the person who bought the game last week? Why would he have purchased the game a week ago if this was gonna happen? I feel really really bad for those players who bought recently hoping to play this amazing game. If the staff who put up the price tag don’t feel the same about it, i don’t know what else to say.

Founder /GM of The Renaissance [RISE]

Posted by: Oskar.3791

Oskar.3791

50$ for HoT + 1 character slot + 2000 gems It is fair.

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I don’t care if it’s cheap or expensive, the point is that I don’t want to pay for something I already own.

Which is?

Which is the core game.

You’re not paying for the core game, it’s included for free. As a bonus for those who don’t have it.

And where is my bonus for being a vet player?

obey me