HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: geekgirlonezeroone.1793

geekgirlonezeroone.1793

Saying you just want the expansion pack separately won’t cost you any less because according to ANet it’s the expansion you’re paying for, so you’d still be paying £34 for HoT with or without the core game.

Whoever believes the lies of ANET must be pretty naive (no offense). This comic shows the process of pricing HoT:

http://i.imgur.com/1jI3LGy.jpg

Say what you will dbgfeller, I’ve really only outlined what ANet claims. Had you read the first paragraph you would’ve seen that I’ve said that due to the way the game is currently valued that it comes across as a sham and that we’re really paying for both a core game AND the expansion (the core game according to Amazon is now currently valued at £20) with none of the benefits of having bought a 2nd core game.

Please read other peoples’ comments thoroughly before you name/flame them.

Being a mesmer at a jumping puzzle has a lot of oops and downs.

(edited by geekgirlonezeroone.1793)

Posted by: neonis.3974

neonis.3974

Actually if you just bought the game four days ago, from what I have seen you should contact support. If you paid full price through this website there is a good chance they will work with you to upgrade you to HOT.

I am a 2 week old new player and when I saw the Xpac comes with the core game for free, I did feel a bit ripped off. But I am enjoying the game regardless but I do hope Anet would come up with a decent compromise because a lot of players are upset about the pricing and packaging of the Xpac.

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

People just want everything for free I would like to see anet give us a free expac and then we can watch as we get no content for years because they lost out on funds from players that supposedly love and want too support the game were greedy. If you don’t want to spend money you don’t have too. I know I will be enjoying the expac when it comes out.

Posted by: Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Day 3 of the Siege of Thorns. Keep at ‘em, they’re weakening!

No loyal veteran customer base should be reduced to groveling for a fair deal. That’s what’s happening here. Instead of just giving us the two slots with standard, just like they did for EoTN, they have everyone begging for just one. Then you have the absolute victims who are doing anything they can to justify their enjoyment of the beating.

Consumerist Stockholm Syndrome.

Since GW1 – [MLM] – Meeting of the Lost Minds

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

To be accurate, I always said, go for an xpac and then move away from the cash-shop focus. But to answer your questions, I will be buying the expansion. While I would buy the CE edition if they would have one, looks like they don’t. Deluxe is the most extensive version availible as hard copy so I will likely go for that. While I will wait a while hoping a CE will become availible.

Still find what HoT seems to offer better then what the LS did offer.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

That’s like selling a new roof for a car, for the price of a new car, but with a free car included (unless you already have a car, but its still the same price), and you don’t get the wheels. See how this comes across Anet?

Loved the comparison! <3
+10 to it xD

Posted by: geekgirlonezeroone.1793

geekgirlonezeroone.1793

Exactly. I’d be fine with it, if they dropped the price tag for the expansion and offered it as an upgrade, and also provided an alternative bundle that includes the original game as well at a reduced price. Because then we’d see a clear difference between buying just the expansion, and buying the expansion + the full game. But when the price of the expansion is equal to the full game, and the full game is supposedly included for free along with it…. that sounds very dodgy.

Deleted.

Being a mesmer at a jumping puzzle has a lot of oops and downs.

(edited by geekgirlonezeroone.1793)

Posted by: NecroN.8306

NecroN.8306

I don’t get the Veteran entitlement position.

KPOBb.8476 I see your account is about 3 hours old. What dev/moderator created you? So this is how Anet does damage control; with fake accounts. Nice.

(edited by NecroN.8306)

Posted by: Alexxander.8306

Alexxander.8306

No loyal veteran customer base should be reduced to groveling for a fair deal. That’s what’s happening here. Instead of just giving us the two slots with standard, just like they did for EoTN, they have everyone begging for just one. Then you have the absolute victims who are doing anything they can to justify their enjoyment of the beating.

Then there are the users like me who will happily give the money to Anets competition. Anet love ultimatums, as do I in cases like this, for consumers that will flee to the other great mmos coming out there will be lots of developers happy to take Anets business.

Posted by: bubalu.8301

bubalu.8301

I don’t see any slight to the “veteran” player base. If the pricing was $50 for the expansion and $60 for both, I don’t think anyone would complain.

If Anet does give into all the hoopla, I think those who have pre-purchased HoT (let’s call them the HoT veteran player base) should get even more out of principle. Otherwise, Anet is insulting the HoT veteran player base.

Posted by: Matazeruz.7498

Matazeruz.7498

I threw 100 euro at my screen and HoT ultimate version appeared

Posted by: Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Then there are the users like me who will happily give the money to Anets competition. Anet love ultimatums, as do I in cases like this, for consumers that will flee to the other great mmos coming out there will be lots of developers happy to take Anets business.

I think they are gravely misjudging the pulling power of Fallout and FF….At the very least..Not MMO’s but amazing franchises with new stuff coming that costs money. The same money they could choose to spend on HoT, but might not because those other franchises, oooooh….

Since GW1 – [MLM] – Meeting of the Lost Minds

Alexxander.8306

I don’t see any slight to the “veteran” player base. If the pricing was $50 for the expansion and $60 for both, I don’t think anyone would complain.

If Anet does give into all the hoopla, I think those who have pre-purchased HoT (let’s call them the HoT veteran player base) should get even more out of principle. Otherwise, Anet is insulting the HoT veteran player base.

The solution is simple, character slots.

Give them to veterans for the new class. Give those of us who were conned by the FAQ something as compensation for the damages (as we did not have the play time to justify parity with veterans), and leave the base version as it is. This is well within their power.

Posted by: Senninha.4105

Senninha.4105

People just want everything for free I would like to see anet give us a free expac and then we can watch as we get no content for years because they lost out on funds from players that supposedly love and want too support the game were greedy. If you don’t want to spend money you don’t have too. I know I will be enjoying the expac when it comes out.

I am pretty sure that 90% of the players that play GW2 atm are WILLING to pay for this xpack but the amount of content we are getting with HoT is simply not WORTH 44 euro’s!!! If this HoT xpack was 30 euro’s i would be happy to give Anet my money, but if Anet keeps the price at 44 euro’s they will not recieve a dime from my side and i am pretty sure a LOT of GW2 players are thinking the same way…

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I would like to post a link to a thread that may give some insight in why people are so mad:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Reason-why-people-are-mad-Fairness/first#post5168853

Here’s the gist:
It is not greed or entitlement, but genuine moral outrage at unequal pricing.

Group 1 (who have nothing) pay $50 and receive A + B.
Group 2 (who already own A) pay $50 and receive B.
These two groups pay the same price, but they get unequal value in return. This touches people at a deep emotional level: “That is unfair!”

So why did ArenaNet not see this coming? Because pricing and sales policy are very rational activities, while morality is a very irrational, emotional thing. No, they’re not evil or immoral. It was a blind spot.

People really shouldn’t assume what others think and feel. This is so offbase for me. I am upset because an expansion is not worth 50$. Pretty simple no confusion.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I think it’s poor policy and bad decision making to offer the core game for free with an expansion pack that shares the same original retail value as the core game. Considering that the core game is now worth half of its original retail value it immediately comes across as a sham and that the players are really paying for the core game and expansion with none of the benefits that comes with buying a 2nd core game.

This is what’s confusing and frustrating a lot of players. Saying you just want the expansion pack separately won’t cost you any less because according to ANet it’s the expansion you’re paying for, so you’d still be paying £34 for HoT with or without the core game. To me that is massively overpriced for what little is being offered.

Yup. Again, the problem isn’t the details of core game/expansion vet/new blah blah.. it this:
$50 is too much for this small expansion Especially when most of the “features” are Anet fixing current systems so they work properly & setting the game up so it’s easier to produce or adding “progression” by adding lazy content gates like mushrooms or allowing you to finally kill a mob because you have to grind to remove the “invulnerable” flag on it.

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

I’ve since tired of waiting for a response. I will end up buying the expansion cause I do want to play it. However that said that 50 dollars will be the only real money I’ll be spending. After that I will be not spending money for gems to support the game as I did in the past. I mean I slowed down after the Beta Portal incident. And now this. No I don’t feel entitled. I don’t even have a real issue with the price of the game. I have the issue with the faq statements which was not updated till AFTER the forum began to buzz about this. I checked before and had to check after somebody posted they changed it. And the answer that they keep up above for the reason of including the core game. I’ve said all this before in other posts. So if you want to boycott something I’d suggest to boycott the gem store.

I mean 50 now compared to 20 or so a month other items well you do the math.

I will say I thought that Anet would have posted something by now I feel sorry for points of interest tomorrow if they don’t find a suitable solution. Anyways this is my last post hope everyone will find a solution that works for you.

(edited by RunicAura.9860)

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Just add extra character slot to all the versions of HoT.

So HoT is 50$ worth of a game? or is it a few living story instances with some of this and a dash of that?
throw in 500 gems for basic version+character slot
1000gems for deluxe
keep the 4k gems for the ultimate
i think ill wait for hot goes on sale for 10 bucks or so

(edited by SnowHawk.3615)

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

You guys should compare WoW expansion reveal to HoT, or even ff14 heavensward. Most of MMORPG are vague about their expansion too, there are no weekly live stream about the content neither weekly detailed blog post.

Hi, just wanted to jump in to say you don’t know what you’re talking about. Before Heavensward preorder was up we knew the official release date, we knew every single content we were getting and they even showcased most of it in live events way before preorder was up.

40$ for a digital upgrade that shows to have nearly as much content as the core game at launch – and they showed this before asking us for our money, and even after pre-ordering was up keep in mind pre-order is not the same as pre-purchase, Square Enix didn’t charge anyone until very recently, just a couple weeks before Heavensward launch.

Meanwhile ArenaNet is asking players to blindly throw money without telling us what exactly we’re getting, without a set release date and completely disregarding the current playerbase by not adding a version upgrade, but having to pay for the core game + expansion again, not to mention ever since the HoT announcement they started having sales on the core game and had a FAQ up telling players they needed the core game, just to now tell these players they didn’t need the core game and only refunding those who bought very recently, shady deals there Anet.

I understand those who feel like $50 is an okay price tag, I won’t argue that, I will argue that we don’t know what we’re getting and Anet shouldn’t be asking us for money until they tell us what we’re getting, there’s a terrible lack of transparency here that was inexistent in the two quoted expansions, Heavensward and Warlords.

Alexxander.8306

I think they are gravely misjudging the pulling power of Fallout and FF….At the very least..Not MMO’s but amazing franchises with new stuff coming that costs money. The same money they could choose to spend on HoT, but might not because those other franchises, oooooh….

This, $50 is a lot to ask post e3. Anet lost their reputation this week, so loyalty is out. Now its down to brass tax, what does this title have to offer over the competition?

Fallout 4, Heavensword, Black Desert Online ($50 will get u some srs kitten), Doom, Final Fantasy 15, Elder Scrolls Online, WildStar, Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous.

Anet needs to sweeten this deal, Maguuma won’t cut it (I was in beta), and this slap in the face is like telling me to go to BDO or just use this for Fallout 4.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

They’d better show their hand of cards here, and reveal just how big this expansion really is. Is it the size of a full game? Then the price is justified. But I suspect it is smaller…. much, much smaller.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: bubalu.8301

bubalu.8301

Give them to veterans for the new class. Give those of us who were conned by the FAQ something as compensation for the damages (as we did not have the play time to justify parity with veterans), and leave the base version as it is. This is well within their power.

You still need GW2 to play HoT. Most people have been playing GW2 for a long time. Just because Anet is including GW2 with HoT does not mean you or any veteran player has suffered any actual damages.

Posted by: Greyfire.6524

Greyfire.6524

Before this gets merged you all need to realize the expansion the actual expansion is $50. Yes if your a brand new player you get base game to. Even if anet removed the free base game for new players it would still be $50. Please understand the ONLY thing anet did was be generous to new players which will also get new players in the game for us. This is good for everyone in every way. If you just bought the game 4 days ago or whatever so what, you have months to play before it comes out, go have fun with this game instead of complaining.

From a player who finally makes sense.

EVERYONE READ THE THREAD

“Please understand the ONLY thing anet did was be generous to new players which will also get new players in the game for us. "

He means they don’t pay anything for the core game. Veteran players STILL PAY $50 (shut up with you’re 49.99 stuff, no one cares that were paying 1 penny less than 50. The trick is to make it look like $40 range not $50, so it’s still $50 due to taxes), and I pre-purchased that game… I have money to throw, but most of my friends don’t and they don’t like the idea that veteran players don’t get any character slots if they purchase the expansion.

I don’t care about player input, this is for a dev to look at as they merge the thread and when they read merged posts.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

I am pretty sure that 90% of the players that play GW2 atm are WILLING to pay for this xpack but the amount of content we are getting with HoT is simply not WORTH 44 euro’s!!! If this HoT xpack was 30 euro’s i would be happy to give Anet my money, but if Anet keeps the price at 44 euro’s they will not recieve a dime from my side and i am pretty sure a LOT of GW2 players are thinking the same way…

I suppose thats reasonable, but coming from being a vanilla wow player through panda expac I feel 50 dollars is nothing for content we get and content and things we will get after release I am sure they have stuff to release in the works months down the line. That 50 dollars is nothing compared to 40 dollars a wow or similar game expansions plus 15 bucks a month tacked on for content that you blow through in weeks or sometimes days.

Posted by: temerity.7824

temerity.7824

First, $50 is within the mmo industry standard for expansions. That’s just the way it is and anyone who suggests otherwise is completely ignorant about the state of the industry. Don’t like it? Tough kitten. The truth of the matter is Heart of Thorns will be effectively one of the cheapest modern MMO expansions on the market since it doesn’t require you to purchase the base game or pay a sub fee.

Second, you don’t have to pre-order and no-one is asking you to pre-order. Don’t think it has enough content? That’s fine, but we don’t know everything that’s going to be in the game yet (probably won’t until launch, another pattern in the MMO industry). So settle the kitten down.

The only reasonable request is a character slot be included with the base version of Heart of Thorns. But guess what – that’s all it is, a reasonable request.

Basically, in this thread: Entitled people whining that new players are getting the game cheaper than they got it 3 years ago

NecroN.8306

You still need GW2 to play HoT. Most people have been playing GW2 for a long time. Just because Anet is including GW2 with HoT does not mean you or any veteran player has suffered any actual damages.

Yet another freshly made Anet damage control account.. This is just getting pathetic.

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

any updated news from Anet?

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Basically, in this thread: Entitled people whining that new players are getting the game cheaper than they got it 3 years akitten

ay let’s clarify: That’s two totally differents situations.

I already brought the game at 60$ & enjoyed it.
Then a new offer directed at new players comes they sell the game at 10$.
I’m not eligible & not interested because I already own it.

Now our situation:
I already brought the game at 60$ I played it for 5K hours.
I’m waiting for the expansion.
Anet releases a selling offer for the expansion adressed to new players and existing players .
Except that the offer is amazing for new players and seems like a ripoff for existing players .

To me is like Anet says :
You are a newplayer you can have a freebie + the expansion.
You are an existing player , you are not eligible for a freebie. thx for your support.

That’s more akin to disrespecting the existing player base.

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: dervix.9126

dervix.9126

Yet another freshly made Anet damage control account.. This is just getting pathetic.

You’ve got a lot of tinfoil on your head, buddy.
Just because Bubalu didn’t post before this doesn’t mean it’s ‘freshly made’. They have a character in-game with 25,238 AP and are currently playing in WvW as I talk.

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

3,464 posts… At $50 a pop…
$173,200.00 worth of angry…

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Isn’t it also possible that these are people from Reddit who are hearing about the huge firestorm going on on these forums, and decided to join the discussion?

Alexxander.8306

Nice try Anet.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/False+Advertising

“Proof Requirement
To establish that an advertisement is false, a plaintiff must prove five things:

(1) a false statement of fact has been made about the advertiser’s own or another person’s goods, services, or commercial activity; (FAQ said “BUY GW2 NOW!! U NEED IT FOR EXPANSHUN!!”)

(2) the statement either deceives or has the potential to deceive a substantial portion of its targeted audience; (Anyone during the time the FAQ was active)

(3) the deception is also likely to affect the purchasing decisions of its audience;
(Do I even need to explain this one again?)

(4) the advertising involves goods or services in interstate commerce; and
(Not relevant afaik)

(5) the deception has either resulted in or is likely to result in injury to the plaintiff. The most heavily weighed factor is the advertisement’s potential to injure a customer. [I]The injury is usually attributed to money the consumer lost through a purchase that would not have been made had the advertisement not been misleading. [/I] False statements can be defined in two ways: those that are false on their face and those that are implicitly false.

"

Granted, they are refunding accounts purchased within the last 30 days. But the FAQ went up before 30 days ago. This doesn’t cover the greasy activity of showing off the Revenant then saying “delete ur toon or pay up lol”. But between the two, I think the FAQ scandal is far more important.

(edited by Alexxander.8306)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If you buy GW2 now, it comes with HoT.
If you already have the game, you are losing out if you just go with an upgrade.
If you get it as a separate account, you get 4 character slots + HoT.
If you get it as an upgrade, you get HoT, nothing else.

Just a week ago, GW2 was $40.

Everyone who just purchased GW2 for $40 will now have to buy it AGAIN for $50.
Anyone who’s just now showing up will have to pay the $50 for GW+HoT, that’s fine.

So veterans and intermediates alike got massively ripped off as they are having to pay the equivalent of $90 to get the full package.

This is punishing early adopters and recent buyers of the game, a friend of mine has been trying to get money set aside for weeks to buy GW2 and he finally gets it, and then this happens… If he had known, he would have just waited a few weeks and paid the extra $10 for all of the content.

The base game is a bonus. Would you still be this upset had it not been included and the expansion was still $50 nonetheless like the had planned for it to be?

not really the base game is no longer on sale in the store.
And i think most people would still be saying it costs too much.

essentially people automatically take it for granted that its worth 50 because the base game is included, because they innately cannot believe that the expansion itself is worth 50.

I’ve seen how much expansions from other games cost so this falls in line with them. It’s kind of pointless to have the base game for sale AND to have the expansion on sale which includes the base game as a bonus. If people truly do not feel that it’s not worth $50, they can either not buy it period or wait until it’s released and then decide for themselves if it’s worth it once everything has been revealed.

Posted by: Egg Shennn.6240

Egg Shennn.6240

While I may think $50 is a touch high for an expansion I’d still pay it if it didn’t feel like a rip off due to the way they’ve done it.

Great to offer NEW players the core game with expansion for $50.
But.
They’ve got 3.5 million GW2 existing accounts out there, who they want to sell 1/2 the product the new players get for the same $50?

It would make sense fine with a simple addition of one more version, the expansion option for people who already have an account. $50 for the expansion plus 1 character slot would be fine in my view.

As is, my wife and I have eagerly awaited HoT (both of us were GW1 players from launch, then Gw2 from launch) and won’t be buying the expansion – entirely because of this marketing plan which has said to me that they feel existing customers are not important. If in the future, they bring out an ACTUAL expansion option for people who already own the game, then we’d look at that, but not this unequal option they offer now.

Posted by: Galleron Kurn.7490

Galleron Kurn.7490

Why would I pay for part of $50 for a game I already have? Also, for people who don’t live in the US (like myself), the exchange rate is not very good, therefore we’re paying more. Some are paying way more.

Whoever developed the prices for this need to re-evaluate.

Posted by: Lethality.1732

Lethality.1732

The expansion cost is $50. The GW2 vanilla client is free.

dervix.9126

Nice try Anet.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/False+Advertising

“Proof Requirement
To establish that an advertisement is false, a plaintiff must prove five things:

(1) a false statement of fact has been made about the advertiser’s own or another person’s goods, services, or commercial activity; (FAQ said “BUY GW2 NOW!! U NEED IT FOR EXPANSHUN!!”)

(2) the statement either deceives or has the potential to deceive a substantial portion of its targeted audience; (Anyone during the time the FAQ was active)

(3) the deception is also likely to affect the purchasing decisions of its audience;
(Do I even need to explain this one again?)

(4) the advertising involves goods or services in interstate commerce; and
(Not relevant afaik)

(5) the deception has either resulted in or is likely to result in injury to the plaintiff. The most heavily weighed factor is the advertisement’s potential to injure a customer. [I]The injury is usually attributed to money the consumer lost through a purchase that would not have been made had the advertisement not been misleading. [/I] False statements can be defined in two ways: those that are false on their face and those that are implicitly false.

"

Granted, they are refunding accounts purchased within the last 30 days. But the FAQ went up before 30 days ago. This doesn’t cover the greasy activity of showing off the Revenant then saying “delete ur toon or pay up lol”. But between the two, I think the FAQ scandal is far more important.

I literally just said to this other person that this was absolutely not an ANet account. Please read and pay some measure of attention.
That person has a character with 25,000 AP. It’s nowhere near ‘freshly made’ and they are not a developer.

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

For me I want HoT because I want to play new character “Revenant”
Why I have to buy more character slot after I purchased HoT to make a new char?

If the 50$ one come with only 1 character slot I will buy it now.

NecroN.8306

Just because Bubalu didn’t post before this doesn’t mean it’s ‘freshly made’. They have a character in-game with 25,238 AP and are currently playing in WvW as I talk.

Sure. Whatever you want to think. For people like Bubalu with strong vocal opinions to remain silent on the hundreds of controversial topics till now is nill, but whatever you say.

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Folks, another thing to think about which will get their attention is if you currently do not plan to by the expansion or are upset at the current product they want to sell you, avoid logging into the game itself. By so doing, they will see exactly how much of an impact the base fans make.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

First of all $50 for an expansion is relatively normal. And since this isn’t a subscription game and you get more than just what you get in the box after you buy the box I don’t see the problem here.

As far as the game now being free, they were selling it for ten bucks anyway in sales. Ten bucks. All they’re doing here is removing a barrier of entry for new players. Veteran players shouldn’t be mad about this, they should be thrilled, because this is one of the biggest issues all MMOs face. Too many barriers to entry to attract new players. The more of these barriers that are taken down, the better it is for everyone…including veteran players.

dervix.9126

Sure. Whatever you want to think. For people like Bubalu with strong vocal opinions to remain silent on the hundreds of controversial topics till now is nill, but whatever you say.

I have been playing for months and I’ve barely posted on the forums either. Apparently the 25 thousand AP and the account currently in use is not enough for me to prove it to you. Add them yourself.

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

It didn’t take long for people to generally cave to the rather anemic request of a character slot did it?

The more I think about it the more it feels like a case of offering something really bad ( because I cant comprehend they didn’t think this through) so everyone falls in line for far less than would be a fair compensation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door-in-the-face_technique

A free Character slot is what we should be getting ANYWAY for an expansion with a new class – I cant think of any AAA title that hasn’t?

We should also be getting some sort of ‘equalizer’ to the ‘free’ base game to new players – because currently we are paying for only one half of the bundle for sale at £35 – now if the game is now ‘free’ then we should be able to access it as a second account or some sort of Gem compensation could possibly work.

But don’t sell yourselves short here…one character slot isn’t enough for £35 that should have been included in the first place…

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

3,464 posts… At $50 a pop…
$173,200.00 worth of angry…

Where becuse if you say any thing to what the crowd is saying your bashed talking about. Any way i have a feeling a lot of though are report and ppl tend to be full of it in saying they will not buy and tend to buy want they like and not what they say. If your willing to let 10-15$ keep you from HoT so be it but it will keep you from new content at the end of the day that other ppl will have.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Some people avoid the official forums, until they read somewhere that there’s a huge outcry over an expansion that makes them want to chip in.

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Before this gets merged you all need to realize the expansion the actual expansion is $50. Yes if your a brand new player you get base game to. Even if anet removed the free base game for new players it would still be $50. Please understand the ONLY thing anet did was be generous to new players which will also get new players in the game for us. This is good for everyone in every way. If you just bought the game 4 days ago or whatever so what, you have months to play before it comes out, go have fun with this game instead of complaining.

From a player who finally makes sense.

EVERYONE READ THE THREAD

“Please understand the ONLY thing anet did was be generous to new players which will also get new players in the game for us. "

He means they don’t pay anything for the core game. Veteran players STILL PAY $50 (shut up with you’re 49.99 stuff, no one cares that were paying 1 penny less than 50. The trick is to make it look like $40 range not $50, so it’s still $50 due to taxes), and I pre-purchased that game… I have money to throw, but most of my friends don’t and they don’t like the idea that veteran players don’t get any character slots if they purchase the expansion.

I don’t care about player input, this is for a dev to look at as they merge the thread and when they read merged posts.

50 bucks is a very fair price to support anet and content being added

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

If you buy GW2 now, it comes with HoT.
If you already have the game, you are losing out if you just go with an upgrade.
If you get it as a separate account, you get 4 character slots + HoT.
If you get it as an upgrade, you get HoT, nothing else.

Just a week ago, GW2 was $40.

Everyone who just purchased GW2 for $40 will now have to buy it AGAIN for $50.
Anyone who’s just now showing up will have to pay the $50 for GW+HoT, that’s fine.

So veterans and intermediates alike got massively ripped off as they are having to pay the equivalent of $90 to get the full package.

This is punishing early adopters and recent buyers of the game, a friend of mine has been trying to get money set aside for weeks to buy GW2 and he finally gets it, and then this happens… If he had known, he would have just waited a few weeks and paid the extra $10 for all of the content.

The base game is a bonus. Would you still be this upset had it not been included and the expansion was still $50 nonetheless like the had planned for it to be?

The only reason to be upset (rather than simply not buy the game) is that new players get far more for the same price. So if it wasn’t included, then no, many people wouldn’t be upset.

The thing is, Heart of Thorns standard is the new base game. You can’t just buy vanilla now.

Two things would have made this all moot:
- If an account is being upgraded, it gets something extra (e.g. character slots).
- The base game can be played with zero purchase of any kind. This would mean that the bundling into the HoT standard means nothing and no one is upset (except people that bought vanilla recently, but that’s a slightly different issue).

So let’s say you have a PS4/Xbox game that’s been out for awhile. You paid $60 for it originally. They later release a GOTY edition which has the base game and all of the expansion for $60. Would you be upset? Would you think that you got ripped off?

Adding promotions for new accounts is nothing new. This situation appears just like the arguments people had awhile back regarding the different editions of this game that became standard and how “veteran” players deserved those items that were included with the newer editions and not the ones that they bought at release.

The question going through the minds of a lot of people is if the base game was factored in as part of the cost. Anet says that it wasn’t, but all we have is their word. No proof one way or the other. It simply bothers people even if they can’t prove it.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The expansion cost is $50. The GW2 vanilla client is free.

I have a feeling it would be a non issue if there was no free GW2 game added on. Though its hard to get ppl to get them to ask this of them self and to make them realizes they are getting “mad” over getting something for free.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

NecroN.8306

I have been playing for months and I’ve barely posted on the forums either. Apparently the 25 thousand AP and the account currently in use is not enough for me to prove it to you. Add them yourself.

Did I touch a nerve our something? I said whatever you say.