HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20130604134550-284615-15-statistics-that-should-change-the-business-world-but-haven-t

Interesting reading, for those who are sure that only those being vocal are those unhappy with the HoT situation.

Great post, as I have a background in sales as well.

I’m a big believer in #3.
3. The probability of selling to an existing customer is 60 – 70%. The probability of selling to a new prospect is 5-20% – Marketing Metrics.

Which is why bundling the core game with HoT DOESN’T make sense.

I’ve run a business since 1994, and yeah, that’s linkedin post pretty much sums it up. Which is why I’m having a bit of a hard time wrapping my head about the PR disaster ANet have allowed this to become. And every day of added non-communication only makes it worse.

Posted by: matrix seishin.5312

matrix seishin.5312

Will they finally admit they made a mistake? No, I don’t think so. I don’t think they will ever publicly admit they made a mistake. Why? Because that would show weakness. Showing weakness would cripple them. If that happens we would know that if try hard enough we will get what we want. They are still making money for the moment. Even when the money flow stops they still won’t admit anything. What they would probably do is put the expansion on “sale” with maybe 30% discount. But they will never say that that is the actual price, that they were wrong in the past (now). We must keep that in mind when the expansion goes on sale, it WILL happen, it can’t not happen. This might be the biggest thread with almost 100 pages, but it is not the only one. And the forum is not the only place with such threads. They very much know why we are unhappy. Some of us understand what they did, some of us are just upset and think it’s unfair. They know this but will never admit it. But it is critical for them to change something. Otherwise a lot of people will stop playing, they will stop promoting the game to friends who don’t have it and the player base will decrease. Very few player will remain.

Now let’s reach the 100th page… Maybe then they will post some sort of a reply.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I’m still of the mind that there should be an expac only option.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

matrix seishin.5312

There is. If you have the game you get expac only. That’s the option.

Flatley.1620

OK, to clarify a little… an expac only option for about 30 quid cheaper. Without having to rebuy the base game .

matrix seishin.5312

OK, to clarify a little… an expac only option for about 30 quid cheaper. Without having to rebuy the base game again.

According to ANet, you don’t rebuy the core game. You get it for free if you don’ have it. The expac is 45 euro (overpriced much). That’s one of the problems – content to price ration.

Flatley.1620

Yes, a bit of semantics on ANet’s part there….

Posted by: Changeling Dash.4782

Changeling Dash.4782

Sorry for offtopic. But in your signature:
“800 mhz RAM”
Isn’t there a mistake? 800 Mhz?

This kitten is totaly kittened up and that kittens me.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I don’t think they will post a reply. I think that they’re hoping that the upcoming patch will defuse the situation for them. They’re hoping that people will become distracted by something in the patch and go post about that instead. They may post a reply if that doesn’t happen.

Personally, I think they’re fools if they’re hoping it will all go away. These issues, all this discontent, is of their own making. They could regain a lot of good will if they address them head on and maybe they’re planning on doing just that, we’ll have to see but time is of the essence here.

All I can really do is speak for myself, of course, but I for one will not be buying anything until this issue is resolved and they start to share some real details about the expansion (in particular both the scale of the expansion and a release date). Now, I have no problem spending money on this game, I’ve easily spent more than a subscription fees worth on gems in the last two and a half or so years. Character slots, bag slots, outfits, skins, bank tabs, collection expanders, 12 or so permanent harvesting tools, copper and silver fed salvaging kits, plain old gold, I’ve bought gems for all of them. A lot of those I bought on a whim and I have no regrets on doing that but I won’t spend any more money until they start addressing our concerns.

And adding playable content.

Flatley.1620

Sorry for offtopic. But in your signature:
“800 mhz RAM”
Isn’t there a mistake? 800 Mhz?

Just ran Speccy – it’s definitely 800 mhz – DRAM speed.

matrix seishin.5312

I don’t think they will post a reply. I think that they’re hoping that the upcoming patch will defuse the situation for them. They’re hoping that people will become distracted by something in the patch and go post about that instead. They may post a reply if that doesn’t happen.

I can’t get distracted with new patch content if I don’t play. And I urge everyone to stop playing. Just to see what happens.

Pifil.5193

I can’t get distracted with new patch content if I don’t play. And I urge everyone to stop playing. Just to see what happens.

Not a bad idea. This issue has kind of “soured” the game for me somewhat anyway, these days I’m pretty much only logging in for the daily rewards and to mine the LS1 nodes in my home instance. I think I can do without those for a while.

Thank the gods for Steam sales.

Posted by: Proclus.8069

Proclus.8069

I am not one for writing on forums, but felt I must this time. I will not be getting HoT at this price point. The base price point is high and not giving a character slot is pathetic.

The other more expensive price points are just lol for me. They are digital items for an extremely high price, for that sort of money I would expect something physical, as other companies provide. I enjoy collectors editions, they are great to open on launch days, but the pricing for digital only does nothing for me.

I have enjoyed my time in GW2, I dont have a lot of money to spend and will if still playing buy in a sale if nothing changes. I have gone from looking forward to HoT, to utter disappointment and a feeling of being ripped off by a company that should value its loyal players.

Posted by: Frediosz.2718

Frediosz.2718

Why there is no precise information about what HoT will add and change ?

We have little to no information about what’s coming and yet they first sell explain later.
No information about content, about maps, about anything (well those sneak peeks are not enough) hell even release date is unknown…

You don’t jump into water when you don’t know how deep it is…

Why they keep ignoring this problem – this won’t fix itself.
Silence ain’t helpful here.

Posted by: Gravox the Terrible.2157

Gravox the Terrible.2157

As every GW2 players BFF Treahearne likes to day: “This won’t end well.”

Flatley.1620

Why there is no precise information about what HoT will add and change ?

We have little to no information about what’s coming and yet they first sell explain later.
No information about content, about maps, about anything (well those sneak peeks are not enough) hell even release date is unknown…

You don’t jump into water when you don’t know how deep it is…

Why they keep ignoring this problem – this won’t fix itself.
Silence ain’t helpful here.

Pretty much why pre-purchasing may be a bad idea – not saying either way as we have too little to go on. At the moment, as the quote goes, “all is vain”.

Posted by: DeadReaper.6527

DeadReaper.6527

At first I was agains that I though it was really a slap in the face, but after a little while, I think it is acceptable. After all they are not the only one to give the game with an expensions or new games depending on how you look at it. For example, Rainbow six siege come with a copy of vegas and vegas 2 on xbox one (announced at E3 2015), would you say it is not right for everyone who already have rainbow six vegas and vegas 2? I don’t think so.

ANET deliver new content every 2 week or so, with HOT you will simply get the core update + the hot update, that make it 2 free content update.

Think of it for a little while you don’t lose anything, yes you made the game alive for 3 years, so what? You got a 3 years advance on every new players, an advance in money and experience. If there are 1 millions new players, the price in game will sky rock and you will simply become richer! All the grinding time you’ve done during those 3 years you played so far will simply become even more valuable. isn’t it worth the 20$ you all want to save on this expansion?

If you want a new character slot simply buy the deluxe edition OR simply buy an expansion slot (10$ AKA 60$) or you can simply delete an older character you know the one you played for like 30 hours and never played with after that! Most of us only play with 2 classes, I know few who play with all the classes.

I personnally bough the ultimate pack, until now ANET delivered great content continuously and everything I saw in the expansion + the change that are coming (this week that should fix the condition build problem) simply make me want to play even more. If most of you guys simply stop playing than I simply hope a lot of new player will come.

I just hope everyone realize how much childish this is, if you don’t want the game simply because they GIVE the core game with all the expension simply wait for the price to go down, you can ether stop playing or simply continu to enjoy the core game.

How greedy can this community become, I played about 1k hours in this game, it was worth the 70$ I paid for the deluxe game when it came out (about 0.07 cent / hours) and I think the hot expansion will be worth as much. Weither you realize it or not that is up to you.

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

New players getting HoT for free is ridiculous, at least throw in a discount, gems, some bonus upgrades or free character slots.

Posted by: ReiCH.6273

ReiCH.6273

ANET deliver new content every 2 week or so, with HOT you will simply get the core update + the hot update, that make it 2 free content update.

lol, they haven’t delivered any “content” for months now… and even when they were “delivering” content in the form of living story episodes, you seem to be forgetting the weeks long “breaks” they were taking

In most games, Casuals are the majority. In GW2, Casuals are the game. Azumi.9572

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

New players getting HoT for free is ridiculous, at least throw in a discount, gems, some bonus upgrades or free character slots.

They are not getting HoT for free. They have to pay 50$ just like everyone else. They are simply getting the core game as a free bonus IF they purchase HoT.

lol, they haven’t delivered any “content” for months now… and even when they were “delivering” content in the form of living story episodes, you seem to be forgetting the weeks long “breaks” they were taking

But when you got something you got it for free. Stop complaining about free stuff.

Pifil.5193

I personnally bough the ultimate pack, until now ANET delivered great content continuously

No they don’t and they haven’t done that for over a year. In the 15 or so months since LS1 ended we’ve had 8 LS2 episodes, 2 feature packs and some holiday events with long, long breaks between them. There has been no new content release in just over 5 months (no release at all since January 18th) and it’s unlikely there will be one between now and the expansion pack’s release (whenever that is). The update tomorrow is unlikely to bring new content. The systems they’re adding or changing tomorrow aren’t content: content is things you do in the game. For example, the camera changes were very, very welcome but you don’t “play” the camera.

If you’re happy to buy it then that’s fine, others aren’t and they should make their voices heard. Some of us are invested in this game, I’ve spent hundreds of euros on it so far, and I’m willing to buy the next expansion but I’d like to see ArenaNet address our concerns before I’m going to spend another cent.

If the people complaining here get ArenaNet to change the offer for the better then you’ll benefit too. If they add stuff to the packages you’ll get them for your ultimate package too.

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

They are not getting HoT for free. They have to pay 50$ just like everyone else. They are simply getting the core game as a free bonus IF they purchase HoT.

Why don’t I get a second copy of the base game then? That’s anet just trying to misdirect us by changing the wording.

I paid full price for GW2 and got the base game, now I have to pay full price again to get HoT.

New players will pay full price for the base game and also get HoT. BS.

matrix seishin.5312

Let’ review.

When Arena Net announced the pre-purchase of HoT the community was divided. Those who accepted and those who didn’t. Here are the problems:

1. The price – The expansion costs 45 euro. If you don’t have the core game you get it for free (or so they say). When the game came out it also cost about the same. So why does the expansion cost so much if it is only an expansion?

2. The amount of content – HoT < GW2. There is simply no way that an expansion has the same amount of content as the core game (without updates). We know of a few new features and nothing else. That brings us to…

3. Lack of information – Most of us can’t just buy the expansion for such a high price without any information on what we are buying. At least this can be solved by simply waiting.

4. False advertising – Before announcing HoT Arena Net told new players that they have to have the core game in order to play the expansion. The made people buy the game in order to get into the world of GW2 so they can be prepared when the expansion comes out. They put the game on sales throughout the past year to make the game more appealing. Now people who bought the game more than 30 days ago (or didn’t use the site) can’t get their money back in order to buy the expansion and get the game for free.

5. What current players get – We don’t know exactly what the expansion will include. All we get are sneak previews. But we do know that there will be a new profession. But we don’t get an extra character slot with the standard pack. We have to either: already have a free slot; buy and additional slot; delete a character; in order to play the new profession. That is a slap in the face for people who spent time developing all their characters and can’t afford to spend even more money for a new slot.

6. Poor communication – This has been going on for days (almost a week) and there has been no response what so ever on the issues that people have.

(feel free to add if I’ve missed something)

So what do we want? Well I can’t speak for everyone on this but what I want for my 45 euro of unknown content is: a character slot, some gems. That’s it.

Posted by: NecroN.8306

NecroN.8306

But when you got something you got it for free. Stop complaining about free stuff.

Nothing in this game is free. I’ve paid for the game and I’ve paid for all my store purchases. Once again you’re making things up.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

You got it for free? I had to buy the game in 2012 to get it. No wonder you’re so protective of ANet, they apparently gave you the game for free.

Straylight.7529

Why don’t I get a second copy of the base game then? That’s anet just trying to misdirect us by changing the wording.

I paid full price for GW2 and got the base game, now I have to pay full price again to get HoT.

GW2 was more expensive than 50$ when it came out. That means you’re not paying the full price again for HoT.

You don’t get a second copy of the game because you already own the game. You pay for HoT and you get HoT nothing more, nothing less.. If you were a new player you’d get the core game thrown in for free but since you’re not a new player it shouldn’t concern you.

New players will pay full price for the base game and also get HoT. BS.

No, it’s exactly the other way around. They pay full price for HoT and get the base game.

Straylight.7529

You got it for free? I had to buy the game in 2012 to get it. No wonder you’re so protective of ANet, they apparently gave you the game for free.

Yes, I did not have to purchase anything from Living Story Season 1 or Season 2. I got it for free.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Yes, I did not have to purcahse anything from Living Story season 1 or season 2. I got it for free.

When you paid for the game you paid for every update, up to and including season 2.

Posted by: JoelTang.3680

JoelTang.3680

Lets not forget the network effect of having new players. There is value in a large player base that benefits players. If you consider the fact that the free core game is in order to facilite new players, it is a kind of win-win. That being said, I am quite surprized that the expansion doesn’t by default give a few, not just one, character slots. Not very good IMO.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

How about some vanity item or a title or something. Really, just giving us nothing is a slap in the face.

Anyone buying it will get a title at least, either newcomers or not. It can bee seen in a yellow area below that slide in the in-game purchase window. But the question would be: does it worth? Who knows…

Not actually. If comparing the deal for both newcomers or not, it’s like you are buying core game + plus expansion, but if you already owns it it’s like if the core game is “trashed out” for you.

Maybe it’s just bad timing, but I have already seen a few well frequented areas less populated on past days.

Straylight.7529

Yes, I did not have to purcahse anything from Living Story season 1 or season 2. I got it for free.

When you paid for the game you paid for every update, up to and including season 2.

No, I paid for the base game in it’s vanilla state. Everything that followed was a free bonus. I didn’t pay for the Living Story updates and I didn’t pay for the patches and class tweaks. I guess that’s the reason why I don’t have a problem. 70$ for Guild Wars 2 in its vanilla state without any Living Story was one hell of a good deal especially since there’s no monthly subscription fee.

You did NOT pay Arenanet in advance so they owe you a personal butler that brings you three years worth of updates on a silver platter. You paid for Guild Wars 2 in it’s vanilla state. Nothing more, nothing less.

(edited by Straylight.7529)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

When they first decided on HoT the price was Estimated at the exact price it is now, there was no increase in price after they decided to give the base game free, the expansion was Designed to be sold at the price it is now. MMO/Games Charge the same Price for every release of their games, its a Common design among ALL MMOs today.

People Arguing this is Unfair.

Is it unfair really?…. think of it this way u invested in entertainment, for ur inital price, u have gained 3 years of Entertainment, they have delievered exactly what u paid for, so no it isnt a Rip off, but in comparison to a new player it does LOOK like they get more due to the wording and timing of this decision.

No, I have paid FAR more than the initial price. While I shudder to work out the number I would be willing to bet a subscription game would have been cheaper.

Why? Unlike you obviously some of us frequent the gem store.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Lets not forget the network effect of having new players. There is value in a large player base that benefits players.

Like more overflow servers and lag?

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

At first I was agains that I though it was really a slap in the face, but after a little while, I think it is acceptable. After all they are not the only one to give the game with an expensions or new games depending on how you look at it. For example, Rainbow six siege come with a copy of vegas and vegas 2 on xbox one (announced at E3 2015), would you say it is not right for everyone who already have rainbow six vegas and vegas 2? I don’t think so.

It’s not really the same thing with Rainbow Six. Siege is replacing Vegas 2 as the current/flagship Rainbow Six game, while GW2 is still the current flagship of the Guild Wars series with HoT only expanding it. There is a big difference between sequel and expansion. Vegas 2 is also over twice as old as GW2. I don’t think we’d be making this big a deal if it was GW3 coming out, with GW2 as the bonus.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Nemizar.6152

Nemizar.6152

No, I paid for the base game in it’s vanilla state. Everything that followed was a free bonus. I didn’t pay for the Living Story updates and I didn’t pay for the patches and class tweaks. I guess that’s the reason why I don’t have a problem. 70$ for Guild Wars 2 in its vanilla state without any Living Story was one hell of a good deal especially since there’s no monthly subscription fee.

You did NOT pay Arenanet in advance so they owe you a personal butler that brings you three years worth of updates on a silver platter. You paid for Guild Wars 2 in it’s vanilla state. Nothing more, nothing less.

But you payed them by buying gems and other “cosmetic” things from the BLT.Dont forget that there isnt free to play or buy to play game.

Posted by: beastahead.9732

beastahead.9732

So to all the protectors of Anet – why is it that when you get a free copy of the game – I wont get a free CD-Key for a second account?

Simple Example from World of Tanks – I have a tank, but they offer an awesome package, which contains gold + premium for 1 month + a premium tank(which is for free for that package) I already own. Instead of not giving me anything for that tank, which I own, they just give me the same amount of gold that Tank COSTS – OMG

Straylight.7529

But you payed them by buying gems and other “cosmetic” things from the BLT.Dont forget that there isnt free to play or buy to play game.

That has nothing to do with what I said. Buying gems is completely optional. You get all the Living Story updates and patches without buying gems.

Pifil.5193

You did NOT pay Arenanet in advance so they owe you three years of updates. You paid for Guild Wars 2 in it’s vanilla state. Nothing more, nothing less.

No we didn’t. It’s an MMO so frequent updates are expected and included as part of the base product. They sold the game on the basis of their post-launch plans. No-one would buy an MMO that wasn’t planning on adding new content just like no-one would release an MMO that wasn’t planning on adding new content. That’s not how the market works.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-23-guild-wars-2-developer-has-plans-for-literally-years-to-come

“Look,” concluded Price, "even from our standpoint we’ve got years of work, of great work, that players are going to be able to enjoy.

“We’re launching a service – you don’t launch a box and be done with it. We have years of awesome, fun work ahead of us.”

Articles like that are the reason people bought into GW2.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Unless you missed the two week window, in which case you have to pay for it with gems…so not exactly free then.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Here’s hoping that there have been some constructive conversations at Anet/NCSoft the past few days and they are ready to do something to stem the negativity today – or at latest, by mid week.

It seems that the vast majority of people agree that $50 is probably a fair price, but that the pre order program was communicated and executed very poorly. We are used to Anet treating customers very well – better than most other MMOs treat their customers. This really felt like a step in the opposite direction.

Again, hopefully, we will see something this week, even if it is as simple as adding the equivalent of a free character slot to all pre order accounts (which I think is a must-happen at this point).

To clarify, I’ve already bought my copy of HOT, but many of my guildees and friends have not – saying they are waiting to see if Anet does “the right thing.” This makes this topic very important to me as, without my guildees and friends, the game will not be as much fun for me.

Straylight.7529

Unless you missed the two week window, in which case you have to pay for it with gems…so not exactly free then.

But it’s possible to be free and they gave you a fair chance of getting it free.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Anet was actually advertising non-paid content updates and additions even before GW2’s release. Updates that were to be covered by gemstore sales. In fact, for quite some time they stated that they had no plans to do a paid expansion and would continue providing free content updates for the foreseeable future.

Of course, this was not a promise of indefinite free updates or that paid content would not be released. But it was a promise of getting free content beyond the vanilla game’s release state.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Changeling Dash.4782

I don’t think we’d be making this big a deal if it was GW3 coming out, with GW2 as the bonus.

Exactly. Because GW3 would be a standalone and, clearly, shouldn’t require a core game at all. And because GW3 = content at least equal to vanila GW2.

Posted by: DeadReaper.6527

DeadReaper.6527

I personnally bough the ultimate pack, until now ANET delivered great content continuously

No they don’t and they haven’t done that for over a year. In the 15 or so months since LS1 ended we’ve had 8 LS2 episodes, 2 feature packs and some holiday events with long, long breaks between them. There has been no new content release in just over 5 months (no release at all since January 18th) and it’s unlikely there will be one between now and the expansion pack’s release (whenever that is). The update tomorrow is unlikely to bring new content. The systems they’re adding or changing tomorrow aren’t content: content is things you do in the game. For example, the camera changes were very, very welcome but you don’t “play” the camera.

Your totally right about that, but that doesn’t change the fact that they delivered content for 2 and a half year for free. I don’t remove the right to express your opinion and ask for a better offer. I simply wanted to say that the package they offer seem reasonable to me, I think that a lot of people simply try to greed for something they justify not fair but in reality the package are fair at least in my point of view.

Your right about the fact that I will benefit from an update on the package offer if Anet decide to change it.

I simply think that all the people complaining are doing so without thinking first, I did so too though, at first I was insulted, I though I invested 3 years of my life in that game and they don’t give back anything for those who supported the game, but in fact the price of the expansion is their to decide and the fact that the give the core game to whoever buy the expansion doesn’t depreciate the value. The only mistake they are doing is to not let the new people buy only the core game for something like 20$ or 10$ independantly

20 $→ core game only
50 $ → hot expension + core game (for free)
75 $ → hot deluxe + core (for free)
100$ → ultimate + core (for free)

because now all the new player can’t buy the core for a low price and are forced to buy the expansion with the core game…

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

No one buys an MMO and goes “yep that’s it this won’t expand or get updates at all” you buy an MMO and go , right this will have expanded to 3 times its size and gotten a bunch more content by year 3. The expectation is that there are continued updates or expansions released, if an MMO is not doing that it is a dead MMO. It’s one of the major selling points of an MMO next to the persistent world.

People bought the game with that in mind you won’t convince people that it was “free” it was expected.

Also you keep waving no subscription fee as though that’s something special, I’ve played more than 60 MMO’s in the past decade all of them had continued content updates, only 4 of them had mandatory subscriptions. It’s not unusual to be free or buy to play. Don’t forget that there is a gemstore too and the idea is that the gem store funds the continued development.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

(edited by Conski Deshan.2057)

Posted by: WSG Delen.9203

WSG Delen.9203

Strictly speaking only A-Net benefit from new players buying the game in the strictest sense (new players = new potential customers for in-game content revenue streams – i.e. the Gems store). While new players also means new potential recruits for guilds that does not have a tangible value associated with it as there are no guarantees that existing guilds would benefit from an influx of new players.

The problem is not strictly speaking with new players getting the core game for free but rather with new players getting the core game for free and there being no tangible and equal benefit for existing players paying the same amount of real world cash and consequently an overall perceived imbalance in VFM.

Changeling Dash.4782

Let’kitten 100 pages!

Flatley.1620

Here’s hoping that there have been some constructive conversations at Anet/NCSoft the past few days and they are ready to do something to stem the negativity today – or at latest, by mid week.

It seems that the vast majority of people agree that $50 is probably a fair price, but that the pre order program was communicated and executed very poorly. We are used to Anet treating customers very well – better than most other MMOs treat their customers. This really felt like a step in the opposite direction.

Again, hopefully, we will see something this week, even if it is as simple as adding the equivalent of a free character slot to all pre order accounts (which I think is a must-happen at this point).

To clarify, I’ve already bought my copy of HOT, but many of my guildees and friends have not – saying they are waiting to see if Anet does “the right thing.” This makes this topic very important to me as, without my guildees and friends, the game will not be as much fun for me.

On a personal note, I think a character slot should be given regardless of pre-order/purchase. I’ve invested a lot of time on my guys so deleting a level 80 just to get a reverent is going to be a hard pill to swallow. Yes, I could buy another slot but that will be extra cost. Ho hum, just have to wait and see

Posted by: ananda.5946

ananda.5946

My husband and I are not currently planning to buy the expansion, but not because of the price or that new players would be given a bonus if they pre-purchase. We aren’t planning to buy it because the Mac version has been broken for over a year (crashes on graphic intense encounters e.g. wvw, world bosses, etc.) and is has been a known issue the entire time with devs saying they are working on it ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Client-crashes-during-heavy-graphic-fights/first ) but with no follow through.

We would love to play again and would purchase the expansion if we thought that the mac version would be supported, but the pattern of disregard for the Mac users has left us highly disinclined to invest more time and money into the game. A pattern of supporting Mac users would need to be established to change our opinion at this point.

The people complaining about the fact that new players doing a pre-purchase also get the base game included reminds me of this scene from Louie where his daughter complains ’it’s not fair!’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q70EUjor84k

Posted by: Nemizar.6152

Nemizar.6152

That has nothing to do with what I said. Buying gems is completely optional. You get all the Living Story updates and patches without buying gems.

But yet Anet is making third in the profit.It isnt just by selling copies of GW2 it is from selling gems.So other games like WOW have subs and GW2 has its BLT and gems.Its oke to fund development in that way ,but dont say that we are getting it for free becouse we are not