Pre-Purchase Community Address

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Easy prepurchase or wait for a sale were you feel its low enough you can afford game and a char slot

Or buy it for gold if you are a veteran you should have enough

That’s a work around on the customer’s part. Why should existing customers have to solve this problem instead of the offering by ANET being made reasonable? We already know what we can do…and yes…its an easy fix. That’s beside the point. The point is that ANET is mishandling their existing player base and what people are expecting is a reasonable response from ANET. Its not an unreasonable expectation to be able to enjoy the entire product you purchase without having to either go to extra expense or to delete part of what you already paid for.

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

I agree that losing progress as part of the fix would be a poor solution.

Yet that is what is expected of vet players who don’t pre-purchase. We’re expected to delete a character in order to enjoy the new class in the expac.

I still have free slots but I still feel like this is unfair too, I wish they would give us something so it doesn’t feel like applying the expansion to an existing account isn’t a complete waste, right now there is absolutely zero advantage to that, you would get more starting a new account with the expansion then merging it with the base game, you get a whole separate account with 5 more character slots and a second bank.

They should give existing accounts something, like gems equal to the price of a character slot at least then let everyone choose how to spend it, or else upgrading to the expansion on the same account feels like a loss.

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

(edited by Mightylink.3816)

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

^ got a hunch you’re spot on there…

Posted by: Noyan.2397

Noyan.2397

I still not going to buy it, they can give what ever candy they want. I still refuse to buy LIVING STORY SEASON 3 for 50$. Since they are giving the new futures with a seperate update to the core game owners, so the futures are enough for me. I’ll stick with the core game.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Am i able to pre purchase the expansion for a friend? If so, how does it work?

Buy it through the website and send them the key. I personally haven’t done it with the expansion but I have with the core game.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

You people sound just like the longtime sub players in Freemium games when they first offer the free to play option. The level of resentment seems very similar. Fact is, the older a game gets, the less it’s worth. I doubt very much that the “huge disparity” in value exists anywhere but in the minds of some posters. I’d rather focus on asking if HoT is worth $50, because that’s its price.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The game was selling for $10 previously. I think I can contain my envy if new people get a $10 “freebie”.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I’m just questioning why you’re basing the expansion content on the back of a box from a third-party source as opposed to the website of the actual company.

Cause the official website of the actual company says nothing about the content that I care for, which is:

- How many maps are there actually
- “Challenging new content” – shape, form, presentation, something

And I’m no marketing genius, but the first thing I would mention on that cover is “X new maps to explore!” or “X new dungeons” or “Introducing Raids!” – IF I had a decent number of maps/things to work with.

Of course, I am neither Anet’s marketing department, nor does this mean there will be a lack of content. But for me it certainly implies it.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

There is going to be one new class and ONE NEW MAP.

It’s misinformed posts like this one that spread all the non-sense around about the “one new map”. Where is the source that we are getting just one map?

Each guild hall has an entrance in the open world and is on completely different areas, so probably there is a map in front of each guild hall, there is the golden city map that we will see and others. Just because they have one map in the beta doesn’t mean there will be one map in HoT

Posted by: Noyan.2397

Noyan.2397

Not only are we getting the free content that Arena Net always adds, but we’re getting an elite specialization for every single class on top of a completely new class. GW1 expansions added 2 professions. We get whole new playstyles for every existing class and probably the new one, as well. The more I think of all we’re getting that they aren’t touting, the more I believe the expansion is definitely worth $50.

You are getting the futures free , you dont need expansion for them. Just open the client nd click update. They are giving the new class and 3 small tiny map with expansion and they want 50$ for it

maddoctor.2738

Not only are we getting the free content that Arena Net always adds, but we’re getting an elite specialization for every single class on top of a completely new class. GW1 expansions added 2 professions. We get whole new playstyles for every existing class and probably the new one, as well. The more I think of all we’re getting that they aren’t touting, the more I believe the expansion is definitely worth $50.

You are getting the futures free , you dont need expansion for them. Just open the client nd click update. They are giving the new class and 3 small tiny map with expansion and they want 50$ for it

They are giving 1 new profession + 1 elite spec for each profession with the expansion. Elite specs can change your playstyle in drastic ways.

Where is your source that we are getting 3 small tiny maps?

Posted by: UnknownRH.4592

UnknownRH.4592

I honestly hope at some point Anet stops subscription free MMO titles then the OP of this thread and every little piece of **** who are pooping here and there on forums will know how to compare prices.

Centurion in Balkan legion (SFRJ)
Warrior and Elementalist
Far ShiverPeaks

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

I can’t agree with the OP enough. I am extremely worried that this expack will not have enough content. Personally I find $50 to be an acceptable price for an expansion, IF the expansion is jam-packed with content. Without comparing to Heavensward or WoW’s expanions, the original GW’s “expansions” were some pretty meaty campaigns. I’m hoping for that trend to continue to GW2 to justify my pre-purchase.

Posted by: BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

It’s misinformed posts like this one that spread all the non-sense around about the “one new map”. Where is the source that we are getting just one map?

Each guild hall has an entrance in the open world and is on completely different areas, so probably there is a map in front of each guild hall, there is the golden city map that we will see and others. Just because they have one map in the beta doesn’t mean there will be one map in HoT

TBF, I think ANet are partly (mainly?) to blame for that misconception since they don’t come out and tell us how much new zones (to use the official term) there’ll actually be.
And though I think it will not only be one zone, I guess there won’t that many more either – and that again might explain the silence on ANet’s part.

On a general note I think that if they want to push pre-purchases as they are currently doing they owe it to the people who are supposed to hand them out free credit to disclose exactly what they will be getting.

So much left that I wanted to see…

BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

I honestly hope at some point Anet stops subscription free MMO titles then the OP of this thread and every little piece of **** who are pooping here and there on forums will know how to compare prices.

Yeah, since the subscription model is so easy to pull off successfully nowadays…

Posted by: DrMcAwEsOmE.2839

DrMcAwEsOmE.2839

Nope. Sorry. To those folks trying to claim hours vs dollars, that’s not how I look at it. Anet chose to only charge me $60 for the original game, with no additional monthly fees. That was their choice, and their business model decision. So, I paid them $60 for the game and played.

Now, whether or not I spent any money on Gems depended on when, and if, there was something in the Gem Store I wanted, and whether I had enough Gold to transfer into Gem currency or not.

Again, they decided to allow Gold to Gem transference. That was their business decision.

Now they want $50 for HoT. Well, I’m most definitely going to wait to see how much new content (as in zones, maps, et cetera) it offers before I decide if it is worth $50 or not.

My hours played vs. dollars spent is not my concern. Anet chose their business model. It’s their job to make sure they profit high enough from it on a consistent basis. It isn’t my job as a customer to blindly buy one of their products as if they’re some Charity Organization, just to help them out. Business doesn’t work like that.

As a business owner, I absolutely love customers like those posting that concept. As a business owner, though, I’m not falling for it in my consumer spending.

And don’t get the wrong idea. If I feel it’s worth it in the end, I’ll spend the $50. I subscribe annually to SWTOR, and paid them additional for RoTHC when it launched, and paid additional for SoR when it too launched. I’ll stay subbed for a $150/year cost (since I do six months at a time). So, I will spend if I feel it’s worth it to me.

(edited by DrMcAwEsOmE.2839)

UnknownRH.4592

Yeah, since the subscription model is so easy to pull off successfully nowadays…

What kind of argument are you making about this? You think Anet is not capable of making subscription based games? Also many of us would not even be playing this game if it was subscription based.

Warlords of Draenor came out last year and it was not even playable for the first full week (I quit that game after that). I bet it is still being enjoyed by million of players. If a crappy release like that can be subscription based why cant Anet’s any game.

Warrior and Elementalist
Far ShiverPeaks

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

The only misinforming people here are the usual suspects spouting of marketing hype like it´s gospel.

My information is DIRECTLY from ANet as I´ve eagerly watched the videos of every beta event, which showed different parts of the same map.
Heck, the last one even had the center part impassable, as it was “the heart of the jungle”.

Here´s a little life lesson for you fan-atics.
When somebody is selling you something, but won´t show you the whole deal.
Odds are good you´re gona get taken for a ride.

But don´t take my word for it, just wait till you´ve seen the finished product.
Oh well.
Too late for some, you´ve already per-ordered. Might you even be in this thread accusing me of lying? Who knows?

Polish > hype

UnknownRH.4592

The only misinforming people here are the usual suspects spouting of marketing hype like it´s gospel.

My information is DIRECTLY from ANet as I´ve eagerly watched the videos of every beta event, which showed different parts of the same map.
Heck, the last one even had the center part impassable, as it was “the heart of the jungle”.

Oh well.
Too late already for some, you already per-ordered. Might you even be in this thread accusing me of lying? Who knows?

I will try to keep track of your game name so I will throw the pie back in your face when you are proved wrong.

Warrior and Elementalist
Far ShiverPeaks

HawkMeister.4758

Oh well.
Too late already for some, you already per-ordered. Might you even be in this thread accusing me of lying? Who knows?

I will try to keep track of your game name so I will throw the pie back in your face when you are proved wrong.

HAH! Knock yourself out.

If I´m proven wrong then I´m out of 45€ AND without an extra character slot, as I sure as hell won´t buy something without knowing what´s actually in it. Which by definition excludes pre-ordering.

Polish > hype

HawkMeister.4758

.. uhm or keep on doing exactly what you´re doing right now.

Lots of marketing blogs, twitch and FB announcements the fanbase gobbles up like it´s a free lunch and pretty much everybody else ignores.

Which is good as there´s no real finished product to announce yet , which would really hurt sales if widely known.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

There was a mail, saying thanks for purchasing. but no items included.
The FAQ does however say the items will be received within “a few hours” – so I guess ill just wait for now.

Yeah I too first recieved an email with thanks and then the items the day after, so yeah they should be there soon™

Posted by: zeroxxx.5713

zeroxxx.5713

Will not buy HoT this since the great AreaNet decide it’s better to treat new players than veterans.

Give us veterans a freakin’ discount as we deserve it.

maddoctor.2738

How you missed the 3 biomes of up/mid/lower section maps is beyond me. How you missed the Golden city and how each guild hall will have an entrance on an actual map (different map than those we know) is also beyond me. You claim your information comes from Anet but it’s a simple fact that you are misinformed and spreading non-sense.

Reason why I haven’t pre-purchased yet, we don’t have enough information to justify 50$. That doesn’t mean you should spread misinformation claiming “it’s from Anet” when in fact it’s not. “We don’t know yet” is rather different than “there will be only one map”.

Too late for some, you´ve already per-ordered. Might you even be in this thread accusing me of lying? Who knows?

Simple fact (yes fact) is that you ARE lying.

Galen Grey.4709

bursts out laughing

Yeah right. Dream on.

He doesn’t dream, he’s mocking your intelligence.

actually its called speculation but dont worry, I am used it. When Vayne and myself speculated an expansion must be in development cause living story was made up for just 20 people out of 350+ employees as well as some promenent people were never heard from again after lunched people laughed too, they told us to dream on etc..

I dont know whats with this community but people like to expect the worst here.

Doesnt matter we’ll know the truth soon enough.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

the problem is that it’s a very bad idea to announce htings before you’re absolutely sure. Having to change an announced plan is seriously bad mojo.

Peter Molyneux cycle right?

This only proves that ANET is actually making this expansion up as they go and don’t have a concrete plan or a framework for it. If they had a framework for it, they won’t have a problem with announcing what they are up too and when it will come out, but as they don’t have the framework, how do you expect them to tell you what they had plan for HoT? Plans sometime change during development when you don’t have a proper framework up. That I my guess that ANET doesn’t have one proper framework for HoT!. :P

BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

What kind of argument are you making about this? You think Anet is not capable of making subscription based games? Also many of us would not even be playing this game if it was subscription based.

Warlords of Draenor came out last year and it was not even playable for the first full week (I quit that game after that). I bet it is still being enjoyed by million of players. If a crappy release like that can be subscription based why cant Anet’s any game.

Indeed, I think they probably couldn’t make a successful subscription MMO even if they wanted.
At the moment there are to my knowledge only WoW, FF and SWTOR which manage to uphold subscription models (although the latter is a strange hybrid with a F2P option that, as anyone who ever tried it, really isn’t much fun).
WoW manages to hold on because it is the market leader and FF probably because it has such a large fanbase on account of the FF non-mmo games.

ESO and Wildstar are the latest MMOs that tried a subscription model and both failed. The market has changed and people are not willing to commit to subscription fees anymore.

And that’s why the argument that we should be somehow be grateful that we don’t have to pay a monthly subscription fee so misleading. GW2 is successful (to the extent it is successful – I don’t really know how well secured the future of the franchise is), because it marketed itself as the “pay once, play for as long as you like” MMO. Had it been subscription based it might very well already be dead or F2P at the moment and I (and probably many other players) wouldn’t have considered it in the first place.

It’s their business model with which they advertised their game (and carved out a niche) not some gallant gesture in the name of goodwill and love for the playerbase.

maddoctor.2738

ESO and Wildstar are the latest MMOs that tried a subscription model and both failed. The market has changed and people are not willing to commit to subscription fees anymore

I’m certain ESO didn’t go B2P because of low amount of subs, it was planned to do so before the console release.

BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

ESO and Wildstar are the latest MMOs that tried a subscription model and both failed. The market has changed and people are not willing to commit to subscription fees anymore

I’m certain ESO didn’t go B2P because of low amount of subs, it was planned to do so before the console release.

Why would they do that? A successful sub model (that manages to keep enough people playing and paying) generates more income, doesn’kitten IMO they probably suspected they couldn’t uphold the sub-model, nevertheless started with one to rake in the additional income of the early-hour enthusiasts and then switched to B2P when the subscription rate got so low that it wasn’t profitable anymore (and they were ready to push the console version to score additional sales of the base game).

BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

Why would they do that? A successful sub model (that manages to keep enough people playing and paying) generates more income, does it not? IMO they probably suspected they couldn’t uphold the sub-model, nevertheless started with one to rake in the additional income of the early-hour enthusiasts and then switched to B2P when the subscription rate got so low that it wasn’t profitable anymore (and they were ready to push the console version to score additional sales of the base game).

Galen Grey.4709

Yes, it will be layered like a lasagna but it will NOT have a dungeon with inbuilt “free” armors and weapons.
Instead it will have oh so meaningful open world content, which amounts to pretty much the sameish living world Zerg content we already saw, just more static.

Yes the GvG stuff is cool and their maps are a nice touch, looking great. Albeit they seem too humongously huge and will probably end up too empty at the end of the day.

ALL of the above is fact and to me simply not worth 50 bucks, especially when that price was pretty much set by some Chinese market analyst to determine the profitability of this game in the next fiscal quarters.
THAT´S the real reason for this current pre-order hype, and I´m sorry guys but you´re falling for the old bait&switch like … {insert appropriate expression}.

How can there be just one map when we know there are going to be at least 4.

There is definitely Verdant Brink
With Guild hall reveal they also stated the guildhalls are regular maps that exist in the open world until you unlock them and then you get an instance for your guild but you can still access the open world which is how you can swap between guildhall maps anytime you want. They also mentioned adjecent maps. Unfortunately they only mentioned 1 adjecent map Basically they stated Gilded Hollow is adjecent to the The lost golden city zone. The other is probably adjecent to a different zone but there is a chance it may be adjecent to Verdant Brink? who know! But one thing is sure, there is definitely more then 1 map.

I am not sure how this is even a question, there are 3 biomes. How can you have 3 biomes in 1 single map ?

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Cross-Examine Expansion Content+ Prices

Blizzard: Wow Expansion:Warlords of Draenor

1. New continent of Draenor (7 zones, 1 PvP zone)
2. Build and upgrade your Garrison
3. A level 90 character boost
4. New player character models
5. 7 new Dungeons and 2 new Raids
6. A Heroic version of Upper Blackrock Spire
7. New World Bosses
8. New Challenge modes
9. New World PvP Zone
10. New Scenarios
11. Level cap raised to 100
12. New class talents and permanent ability bonuses
13. Refined quest system with hundreds of new quests
13. More incoming surprises…

Standard Price- 29.99$
Deluxe Edition Price- 49.99$

Square Enix: Expansion: FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward

1. New Professions/ New Jobs- Dark-Knight, Machinist, Astrologian
2. Au Ra
3. Level Cap increase to 60
4. Flying Mounts
5. At least 7 zones
6. New story
7. 8 dungeons, 1 raid, at least 2 Primals Guild Airships
8. Option to include Base Game – 39.99 E$
9. Barron Earrings + Circlet
10. Chocobo Courier Pet

Digital Collection Edition – 44.99 E$

Physical Collection Edition – 129.99 E$

1. Artbook
2. Additional Content Disk
3. Dragon Mount Figure

Arena net Expansion: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thrones

Standard Price- 49.99$ Base Game

Deluxe Edition- 74.99$

1. Standard: Base Game
2. Additional Character Slot
3. Miniature Revenant Rytlock
4. Revenant Finisher
5. Mordremoth’s Bane Guild Hall Decoration
6. Heart of Thorns Glider Skin

Ultimate Edition : 99.99$

1. 4000 Gems
4. Revenant Finisher

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Cause the official website of the actual company says nothing about the content that I care for, which is:

And I’m no marketing genius, but the first thing I would mention on that cover is “X new maps to explore!” or “X new dungeons” or “Introducing Raids!” – IF I had a decent number of maps/things to work with.

Of course, I am neither Anet’s marketing department, nor does this mean there will be a lack of content. But for me it certainly implies it.

Look at the back of any MMO box on that website:

• WoW doesn’t show how many maps, dungeons or raids there are.
  • Wildstar doesn’t show how many maps, dungeons or raids there are.
  • ESO doesn’t show how many maps there are, or even imply that they got instanced content.

Not only that, but surely if their revealing things bit by bit they wouldn’t have them on the website yet, nor on the back of a cover that’s been released before this information?

As for challenging group content, we can logically assume it’ll be instanced since it isn’t the open-world content.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

maddoctor.2738

Cross-Examine Expansion Content+ Prices

Blizzard: Wow Expansion:Warlords of Draenor

1. New continent of Draenor (7 zones, 1 PvP zone)
2. Build and upgrade your Garrison
3. A level 90 character boost
4. New player character models
5. 7 new Dungeons and 2 new Raids
6. A Heroic version of Upper Blackrock Spire
7. New World Bosses
8. New Challenge modes
9. New World PvP Zone
10. New Scenarios
11. Level cap raised to 100
12. New class talents and permanent ability bonuses
13. Refined quest system with hundreds of new quests
13. More incoming surprises…

Standard Price- 29.99$
Deluxe Edition Price- 49.99$

Square Enix: Expansion: FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward

1. New Professions/ New Jobs- Dark-Knight, Machinist, Astrologian
2. Au Ra
3. Level Cap increase to 60
4. Flying Mounts
5. At least 7 zones
6. New story
7. 8 dungeons, 1 raid, at least 2 Primals Guild Airships
8. Option to include Base Game – 39.99 E$
9. Barron Earrings + Circlet
10. Chocobo Courier Pet

Digital Collection Edition – 44.99 E$

Physical Collection Edition – 129.99 E$

1. Artbook
2. Additional Content Disk
3. Dragon Mount Figure

Arena net Expansion: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thrones

Standard Price- 49.99$ Base Game

Deluxe Edition- 74.99$

1. Standard: Base Game
4. Revenant Finisher

Ultimate Edition : 99.99$

1. 4000 Gems
4. Revenant Finisher

So, 7 new zones, 7-8 new dungeons and 1-2 raids is the “normal” for an expansion.

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Destiny/Bungie tried to do the exact same thing as Anet but their response was much, much better. I believe Anet needs to learn that THIS is the way to address concerns and not just offer a small digital item for a limited time if we still spend $50-100, not to mention they did one thing you did not and that is apologise. The Destiny community address has the word sorry and as you can see from the image linked, you, Anet, have not apologised at all. This is the reason I will never be spending another dime on your game along with many of your loyal vets.

http://kotaku.com/bungie-apologizes-for-destiny-screw-ups-offers-solutio-1713774349

Attachments:

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Posted by: ArkisTruefire.1746

ArkisTruefire.1746

So I agree and disagree.

I think Anet actually gave something of value to veteran players. 10 dollars == character slot. So effectively we’re paying 40 dollars + 10 more for a slot forced on us.

Destiny/Bungies offer is a class item that… really is it worth it? I played Destiny extensively up until the horribad Crota expansion and every step of the way that company disappointed me. This fix for their DLC and bad PR doesn’t even seem like it’s worth it. Then their veteran players will get “some VIP stuff”. This just seems like trying to stop the fire before it rages out of control.

The only thing Bungie has up on Anet is the heartfelt apology. That’s it. The DLC “stuff” is still insulting. This isn’t the first time they’ve messed up. Every step of the way they seem to constantly do this. At the very least Anet has quickly addressed many issues.

So honestly? I’d rather take something that’s actually worth the money I’m spending rather than “stuff”.

Also…. is this suddenly a new trend in the game industry suddenly? Crappy marketing and bad pricing models? Are they outsourcing to the same business analysts or something?

(edited by ArkisTruefire.1746)

Posted by: nathanjameson.3542

nathanjameson.3542

the difference being that anet never offered gw+hot for $50. 50 is the price for the expansion. if that’s too much, don’t buy it.

bungie’s exec tried to imply the emotes were worth $80. not even the most diehard gw fan is going to agree with that.

Karma Express – Norn Guardian commander

nathanjameson.3542

same experience for me.

Turial.1293

Exapansion content aside…. Arkis, they actually apologised, used the word sorry and sometimes that means more but if you read the article they had bundled the game with the original plus other expansions like what Anet is doing now but after the backlash they SPLIT the expansion from the core for players AND dropped the price to what it was worth. People know what to expect from their expansion unlike HoT so they can decide if the price is actually worth it. A $10 character slot is not an apology and hardly a fix for their greed. As you said it is forced on us, who needs 2 character slots when you are still paying 3 times the price for unknown content.

Turial.1293

the difference being that anet never offered gw+hot for $50. 50 is the price for the expansion. if that’s too much, don’t buy it.

bungie’s exec tried to imply the emotes were worth $80. not even the most diehard gw fan is going to agree with that.

The core game plus their two expansions are obviously what they included as the $80…..

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Look at the back of any MMO box on that website:

• WoW doesn’t show how many maps, dungeons or raids there are.
  • Wildstar doesn’t show how many maps, dungeons or raids there are.
  • ESO doesn’t show how many maps there are, or even imply that they got instanced content.

Yeah, but those are the base games, not the expansions where you have to show what you are expanding.

nathanjameson.3542

which is not what anet did. anet said “$50 for the expansion. oh, you’re a new player too? welcome! step in the back, we have a special extra for you.”

Turial.1293

)In order for that to happen we have to retain our current player-base, bring people back to the game who stopped playing, and add as many new players as possible.

In order to do that though they need to NOT alienate their current player base which they have done and surely not ripping off their customers with an overly priced “expansion” they would bring in tons of new players. Yes, this is an expansion which means it has less content than a new game and it should not cost more than a new game. They are ridiculous.

Posted by: Automaton.4926

Automaton.4926

Except Anet did nothing worth apologizing for. Just because people don’t agree with their product in it’s early state doesn’t mean they have to say sorry to everyone. People on the forums mock others for using this word but it’s a good word to describe people like you – entitled.

Turial.1293

which is not what anet did. anet said “$50 for the expansion. oh, you’re a new player too? welcome! step in the back, we have a special extra for you.”

It is exactly what they did, they lumped core game for free which is the problem and they have not offered an expansion-only version for players who have already paid for the game.

Turial.1293

Except Anet did nothing worth apologizing for. Just because people don’t agree with their product in it’s early state doesn’t mean they have to say sorry to everyone. People on the forums mock others for using this word but it’s a good word to describe people like you – entitled.

LOL – I disagree therefore I am entitled. I don’t want tons of free things, I wanted to be treated fairly, there is a difference mate.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

You – and most “veterans” – did not want to be treated fairly. The whole thing was about getting something extra for being veterans…. That is pretty entitled.

Now you are acting entitled because you feel you deserve a “sorry”.

nathanjameson.3542

see, and that’s where you’re wrong. do you get a second gw key with hot? no? then you’re straight up incorrect.

the base game is a special offer for new players and has nothing to do with you. i agree; “entitled” is a great adjective for you

Automaton.4926

It is exactly what they did, they lumped core game for free which is the problem and they have not offered an expansion-only version for players who have already paid for the game.

You are not paying for the core game. In fact the core game will no longer be a thing.

Automaton.4926

LOL – I disagree therefore I am entitled. I don’t want tons of free things, I wanted to be treated fairly, there is a difference mate.

“omg others are getting stuff for free!!!” “I want free stuff too” “CRY CRY CRY” There will no longer be the core game. Only HoT. You are not getting swindled or cheated out of anything get over yourself.