Revenant kills existing professions

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

WE all know that anet doesn’ t know the concept of balance.
Look at ranger status after 2 years and half…simply hilarious.
And ravenant..is litterally too op.
I won’ t buy the expansion.
I’ m done

Cya!

You guys are crying about something before its final release. The class isn’t finished yet. There will be a lot of changes. Its just pointles to whine about something that isn’t out. We don’t know how will it hold up in game yet, how will energy affect him in roatations and other stuff. Also complaining about conditions is making me laugh. We known they empower rev’s skills but they affect him as well, he will suffer from confusion, poison and all nice condi’s we do as well. I see it as high risk high reward class for now

Posted by: Mirdave.2014

Mirdave.2014

Elites with no cooldown (with the exception of the energy cost)? Is this fair?

do you know what is a thief?

Did you know that Thief utilities and elites use cooldowns, not Initiative?

did you know that thief weapon skill use initiative?

Yes, yes I did. That was not the question however. He asked whether or not an Elite that has no cooldown is fair. There is no precedent for that.

do you think weapon skill has no cooldown is fair compare to other classes?
that will be your answer.

You… wait, what? Do you English?

Did you mean: “Do you think it is far, them having weapon skills which have no cooldowns, to compare them to another class which does?” (Or possibly, “to another class which does not?”)

That’s the best I can come up with, and while it makes sense grammatically I still can’t see how it makes any sense in the context of the conversation.

I asked whether or not weapon skills that have no cooldown is fair
and that will be your answer.

the original question was about the revenant’s Elites with no cooldowns (yes, is all about energy management… but it seems to be a fast resource, to me at least).
My (and guild wars wiki) idea about Elites is “Elite skills are especially powerful skills designed to be used infrequently and have a dramatic effect on the tide of a battle. The last slot on the skill bar is reserved for elite skills. Elite skills typically have much longer recharge times compared to normal utility skills — very few recharge in less than 60 seconds, and some can take up to 4 minutes”.

(i’m not english so forgive possible errors)

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Yes, yes I did. That was not the question however. He asked whether or not an Elite that has no cooldown is fair. There is no precedent for that.

Did you mean: “Do you think it is far, them having weapon skills which have no cooldowns, to compare them to another class which does?” (Or possibly, “to another class which does not?”)

That’s the best I can come up with, and while it makes sense grammatically I still can’t see how it makes any sense in the context of the conversation.

the original question was about the revenant’s Elites with no cooldowns (yes, is all about energy management… but it seems to be a fast resource, to me at least).
My (and guild wars wiki) idea about Elites is “Elite skills are especially powerful skills designed to be used infrequently and have a dramatic effect on the tide of a battle. The last slot on the skill bar is reserved for elite skills. Elite skills typically have much longer recharge times compared to normal utility skills — very few recharge in less than 60 seconds, and some can take up to 4 minutes”.

There are weapon skills with up to 50 seconds cooldown. there are class mechanics which go up to 90 seconds cooldown as well.

and it’s been proven that no elite in this game dramatically effect on the tide of a battle more then other utility skills.

(edited by Simon.3794)

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

And so it begins, This class will be nerfed from pure speculation and no real hands on experience.

Welcome to the Guild Wars community right?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

More likely the profession will not perform in the way the developers thought it would once the player base gets a hold of it. Think of all the kneejerk nerfs not too long after launch all based on a community still learning to play.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Well, the weapon skills have no cooldown. It is fair. But that does not connect here. There’s a big difference between weapon skills – which are usually spammed by most classes – and utility/elite skills, which aren’t, but are designed to be spammed on the Revenant.

Will it be fair? We don’t know that yet. There is no answer. I’m inclined to say that yes, it can be fair. Anything can be fair with the right numbers. It’s just a matter of them balancing their energy costs with the effectiveness of the skills.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

All the classes were nerfed before release, Revenant will not be an exception.

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Just some thoughts unless they are outright weaker then all the other profession then the revenant is going to move the general placement of at least one profession.

There is also how much of content is being designed with/without the revenant in mind.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

The only challenger to this Revenant class is a the Guardian Specialization if it holds up to the rumor.

Man this will be some battle!!

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

There is pretty good summary of Rev’s abilities in other post

I went slightly ahead of you Dondagora:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Screencap-of-all-Revenant-skills/first#post4815153

To summarize:

-No vigor
-No evade skills
-No instant teleport skills
-No swiftness or 25% speed increase
-No invulnerability skills
-Little to no Protection or Regeneration boon uptime
-No stealth
-No non-target leap skills (besides Unyielding Anguish which seems more situational and more of a peel, a very strong one at that)
-Very little condi removal
-Lack of stun breakers

Out of combat field mobility or combat disengage is little to none.
If they don’t get to use Unyielding Anguish for melee attackers (or use it that often), they seem great focus targets!
UA seems ridiculously strong btw!

But as I said in the post I linked, we have yet to see other Legends and weapons!

So this class isn’t one to rule them all. Ofcourse the devs will try to make revenant sound strong because the class is one of the salepoints of the expansion. But no class is built to be only viable class. I find it very dumb to cry about the unrealised and unfinished class without hand expirience.

(edited by Nephziel.6053)

Posted by: oiseau.6481

oiseau.6481

Dont forget his 2-5 attacks cost energy too, on the video he casts slowly, but while in fight hi wont be able to spam and attack efficiently

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

There is pretty good summary of Rev’s abilities in other post

I went slightly ahead of you Dondagora:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Screencap-of-all-Revenant-skills/first#post4815153

To summarize:

-No vigor
-No evade skills
-No instant teleport skills
-No swiftness or 25% speed increase
-No invulnerability skills
-Little to no Protection or Regeneration boon uptime
-No stealth
-No non-target leap skills (besides Unyielding Anguish which seems more situational and more of a peel, a very strong one at that)
-Very little condi removal
-Lack of stun breakers

Out of combat field mobility or combat disengage is little to none.
If they don’t get to use Unyielding Anguish for melee attackers (or use it that often), they seem great focus targets!
UA seems ridiculously strong btw!

But as I said in the post I linked, we have yet to see other Legends and weapons!

So this class isn’t one to rule them all. Ofcourse the devs will try to make revenant sound strong because the class is one of the salepoints of the expansion. But no class is built to be only viable class. I find it very dumb to cry about the unrealised and unfinished class without hand expirience.

Pre-nerfed Thief

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Again, people being swept up in the wave of marketing. Of course ANet is trying to make their new class look good. Why are we assuming that they are just not doing anything to any of the other classes to make them cool as well?

Did we forget about specializations already?

I’m not concerned one bit.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

My take so far in short is, Rev looks fantastic for group fights but the offensive ability is quite low without friends around to feed Mallyx condis. Condi necro could have some issues dealing with it but realistically a necro can transfer condis back to rev just about as well as rev can transfer them to the necro, and a few stacks of confusion and torment will have a hell of a time beating most current condi builds. In fact a good condi ranger or thief would be very hard for mallyx to deal with since they can pretty easily avoid his transfer, especially in a 1v1.

Something I do find quite troubling is the lack of customization, you have very little choice in how your rev plays, you get 5 weapon skills, and 10 legend skills, none of which you seem to be able to change….seems weird.

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

Duke Blackrose.4981

Something I do find quite troubling is the lack of customization, you have very little choice in how your rev plays, you get 5 weapon skills, and 10 legend skills, none of which you seem to be able to change….seems weird.

This is true, but the utilities of current professions are typically tacked-on. You just sort of fit them in there because you have the slots and because you need a stun breaker and some condition removal. Elites are even worse, as they are usually little more than generic super buttons that often don’t feel all that super. They aren’t really a big part of your character, and their long cooldowns tend to enforce that.

With the Revenant, sure they can’t customize themselves as highly, but their legend skills are designed to work together coherently and are meant to be used frequently and as the situation demands. That is going to lead to some great gameplay, and I’d consider it a worthy trade.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

This is true, but the utilities of current professions are typically tacked-on. You just sort of fit them in there because you have the slots and because you need a stun breaker and some condition removal. Elites are even worse, as they are usually little more than generic super buttons that often don’t feel all that super. They aren’t really a big part of your character, and their long cooldowns tend to enforce that.

With the Revenant, sure they can’t customize themselves as highly, but their legend skills are designed to work together coherently and are meant to be used frequently and as the situation demands. That is going to lead to some great gameplay, and I’d consider it a worthy trade.

giving up controll over my chars build and utility skills is never a worthy trade (imo of course, wont speak for everybody). If i wanna play something like this i play a moba… cause there the classes\chars are preset.
“here pick two of these legends and dont worry… we already designed how you will play your char for you, dont worry, no need to figure out synergies for yourself” doesnt sound appealing to me in an mmo….as casual as they try to make gw2.

Beeing stuck with 1 weapon is alright to me… i main an engi and im used to treat my utilities\utility belt\weapon\kits equally to archive my goals by switching kits back and forth, using my potions and toolbelt together and so on. If i need a new strategy i swap out skills i dont need for the moment with skills i do need and i am the one who picks what goes into my utility slots\heal slot and elite slot. Im the one who decides that when i want to use the med kit i slot it and the rest of my bar remains the same…or heck i decide what potion goes into what slot just to have a small example. If i say elixir b goes into number 7 then it goes there and if i say it goes into 9 it goes there and if the rev got locked skills this certainly wont happen…cause why should it?

So far the rev looks like…huh… lets say the rev looks like having two moba chars that share the same live bar and weapon piggybacking and with a button you swap out who you move arround…feels wrong to have that lack of controll in a mmo char…to me atleast.
Well…lets see where this is going…cause so far im frowning at the lack of controll over the class.

For me this easily could be fixed by having either a “blank” legend that allows you to choose from a smaller set of skills yourself to have atleast 1 of your skillsets under full controll or having a certain amount of skills for each legend to allow to swap out skills from each legend yourself…aswell putting them into the order you want to have em. Thats atleast my opinion so far…also thats not a “buhuuu rev soo stewpid lel” rant…cause that class is anything but stupid…just too restricting imo atm

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

-Its easily the most restrictive profession in the game.
-They look like they have some tricks that’ll be fun in pvp but nothing screamed ‘god mode’ to me.
-They also havnt released anything that comes close to useful for pve.

Duke Blackrose.4981

For me this easily could be fixed by having either a “blank” legend that allows you to choose from a smaller set of skills yourself to have atleast 1 of your skillsets under full controll or having a certain amount of skills for each legend to allow to swap out skills from each legend yourself…aswell putting them into the order you want to have em. Thats atleast my opinion so far…also thats not a “buhuuu rev soo stewpid lel” rant…cause that class is anything but stupid…just too restricting imo atm

I’m all for build customization. One of my main gripes for Guild Wars 2 is that builds are so much more restricted and more shallow than anything in Guild Wars 1.

My problem with your statement, however, is that I believe that for build customization to be compelling, the skills should be compelling. Heals, utilities, and elites in this game are NOT compelling. They really aren’t. Making builds is a chore for me in this game because everything is so lack luster, one-dimensional, and homogenized. I don’t feel like I’m creating a specific playstyle so much as putting different stickers on my character’s face – probably the stickers that match his preferred damage type.

Now, the Revenant legend skills ARE compelling, based on what we’ve seen. If this was the standard for what utilities and elites were in Guild Wars 2, I would absolutely love to be able to customize builds.

It is unfortunate that the Revenant is so restricted, but, again, its skills are actually well-designed, and if I have to choose between slottable utilities and well-made utilities, I’ll always pick the well-made ones.

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Yep the well designed skills are what’s attracting me to the revenant and his way of spec more than others and possibly specializations. The other ones disappoint and will continue to if no change is made , was hoping something similar for specializations to improve purpose and balance. We need a CDI on classes in general.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

Basaltface.2786

I’m all for build customization. One of my main gripes for Guild Wars 2 is that builds are so much more restricted and more shallow than anything in Guild Wars 1.

My problem with your statement, however, is that I believe that for build customization to be compelling, the skills should be compelling. Heals, utilities, and elites in this game are NOT compelling. They really aren’t. Making builds is a chore for me in this game because everything is so lack luster, one-dimensional, and homogenized. I don’t feel like I’m creating a specific playstyle so much as putting different stickers on my character’s face – probably the stickers that match his preferred damage type.

Now, the Revenant legend skills ARE compelling, based on what we’ve seen. If this was the standard for what utilities and elites were in Guild Wars 2, I would absolutely love to be able to customize builds.

It is unfortunate that the Revenant is so restricted, but, again, its skills are actually well-designed, and if I have to choose between slottable utilities and well-made utilities, I’ll always pick the well-made ones.

well i clearly see where you are coming from…and yea.. these skills are really something to look at. I mean did you see the kittening dwarfen skill that makes a street apear before you? I mean holy kittening kitten is that cool…but man i really do hate beeing restricted. Along not beeing able to put the skills into the order i want them is something that makes me grit my teeth. In gw2 i got used to not beeing able to choose my weapon skills cause they are bound to the weapon itself. Thats perfectly fine to me. I pick the weapon, i get the skills to it. I so can easily swap em occ to get a completely different skillset for them. Fair enough…but at skills is where i draw the line. Skills should be…regardless of how “lame” they are be under my full controll.

Lets make a random and stupid example…

Lets say i got a minion necro here….i most likely gonna slot minions…obviosly. Thats the idea behind the build, now lets assume i dont want the blood fiend cause i prefer the consume conditions heal i wont be able to slot it…it would pretty much suck to be me. Maybe i also dont want to use the bone minions to slot the signet of the locust and only want to slot the shadow fiend, the bone fiend and the flesh golem and i want the bone fiend on 6 cause of its immobilise and the shadow fiend on 7 cause of the blind, the signet goes on 9 cause i most likely will only use it for its passive speed. If this would be a rev… i couldnt even think about making this sort of deal.

At the rev…IF they really do lock down the skills its “take it like it is or gtfo” and thats something i cant be comfortable with.

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

IF they really do lock down the skills its “take it like it is or gtfo” and thats something i cant be comfortable with.

^^^^^
This…

I cant tell you the number of times I have won or lost fights based on swapping 1 skill. Also, will Rev even have access to racial skills, I realize most are terrible but I have used some to good effect and not having the option would be a shame….

PS, looking at Dulfys recording of the stream you can see the “Swap Skills” arrows pop up when they get ooc, could be unchanged UI or we might be able to have some more customization.

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

(edited by Lurock Turoth.9085)

Basaltface.2786

IF they really do lock down the skills its “take it like it is or gtfo” and thats something i cant be comfortable with.

^^^^^
This…

I cant tell you the number of times I have won or lost fights based on swapping 1 skill. Also, will Rev even have access to racial skills, I realize most are terrible but I have used some to good effect and not having the option would be a shame….

PS, looking at Dulfys recording of the stream you can see the “Swap Skills” arrows pop up when they get ooc, could be unchanged UI or we might be able to have some more customization.

heh… i got a guildie that “cheats” death at the jade maw´s final beam with his sylvari racial elite all the time. I feel everybody who is concerned about the racials lol

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

@Basaltface.2786 I partially see your point, for me it’s different I prefer control because a mix and match style building is obviously uncontrollable even by the devs there is bound to be a ladder of usefulness. That ladder impair builds because the game doesn’t provide area for it to grow and be useful,when one is too powerful, the change creates unwanted but expected side effects. You end up with innocent specs suffering because that mix and match was judged too effective basically why even create it.

Do I play what’s optimal or what I relate to that his offered to me? Only reason I prefer WvW to PvP despise the downers,obviously with other classes it’s not possible since the effectiveness is spread out and many times wrongly. Revenant allows each legend to have a standing role because the whole trait line is for them, I can predict more success in their spec then others even if they have more options. GW2 has potential but it takes long for a desired spec to emerge then you have to worry about how long will it stay.

This doesn’t work like pve where you adapt,that’s why some run LB/SB on ranger because they connected to it regardless of efficiency. I don’t but I can see why others would.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Basaltface.2786

@Sagat: To have no personality in my build is just not my thing. It always feels like it isnt my char. Its the small things in a build ya know. I for example run on my main (engi) a build that would get laughed at cause its “not meta” or what the “big shots” would call optimal… but guess what.. i solo dungeons with it and do pretty much everything else with it aswell from open world to wvw roaming…i dont pvp cause i dont like the…lets call it manners in that mode. I needed to adjust it here and there cause of nerfs but other then that i run that build since 1 year. There are situations where i fine tune the build by switching out a potion and a different weapon with different sigils but yea… i made my build myself and it works for me. The rev most likely will force a build on me that i need to suck up and swallow when i want to play the class. My choices of builds are limited to the legends…and combinations of legends. Still most likely will come down to the 6\6(rest wherever) build…and where is the fun in that? That class comes shipped with its meta and only its meta if the skills are locked…cause what else you gonna do? Cant build a house thats only made of 1 piece.

Edit: Also… what always happens if people start to use the same tactic? A-net nerfs it… and at the rev thats about as flexible as a concrete slab with his skills (if they are truly static) got no way to find a different way to use the skills of the legend. “oh well they made that skill useless for my game mode… lets see what else i can do here….oh right.. nothing -sigh-” and you know its gonna happen… it always will happen.

(edited by Basaltface.2786)

Duke Blackrose.4981

One thing they could do to alleviate that a bit is to include a slottable “Channel Skill” that occurs while you are swapping between legends. With an added cast time to the channel swapping that would help balance the class, this would be quite unique.

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

The xpac is about 4 to 6 months away, what we saw tonight might not be quite what we get when it’s released.

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

Why do people assume existing classes aren’t getting some reworks? Specializations sure, but the class as is will be getting fixes too. People complaining about things we barely have info on, it makes no sense.

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Cya!

You guys are crying about something before its final release. The class isn’t finished yet.

Yep u guys should know how things work in GW2. They will make the class overpowered as kitten like they did it in the past for so many times (hello dumbfire, how are you d/d ele, nice to see you power ranger etc. etc. etc.) . Then they will do absolutely nothing for six months and after that time, maybe if the sun, the moon plus the stars are right and jon peters managed to master death shroud, we will see a few corrections which will bring the class in line. So nothing new to be seen here.

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Yep the well designed skills are what’s attracting me to the revenant and his way of spec more than others and possibly specializations. The other ones disappoint and will continue to if no change is made , was hoping something similar for specializations to improve purpose and balance. We need a CDI on classes in general.

I agree. Well, we are still to see what specializations really mean, but I wouldn’t be too optimistic.

If designing one new profession takes so much time, considering initial ideas, animations, mechanics, balance, then redisigning all of the existing ones to be on par with the new one would not only be extremely time- and work-intensive, but also a huge risk considering esports.

Also, we had a ranger CDI and see where it got us… sure things improved for rangers, but I wouldn’t say they improved in a way that is healthy for the game, and surely doesn’t look fair after you’ve seen the revenant.

Time will tell, but no optimism is left in me.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

Posted by: BammBamm.6719

BammBamm.6719

pretty sure revenant is op in the beginning and everybody complains about it, after a while they begin to balance it and people will complain about nerf. its always the same

Posted by: Agile Sound.7516

Agile Sound.7516

I can understand how necro users may be at odds with with the Rev’s Mallyx skills but i don’t really see the skills as being so catastrophically OP that it leaves the other professions in the dust bin, as you put it. Considering the Energy Bar, not being able to weapon swap, the limited amount of utility skills (that we know of), and the Rev seeming to be more of a semi-mid range and semi-long rang profession (from what could be observed in video) I can see a lot possibilities involving control skills if the player is willing to engage the Rev head on, can apply enough pressure to force energy consumption from the other player, and can counter/dodge attacks or disengage and leap back into combat again before the player can recover or swap forms. So for the most part it still comes down to the skill of the player, their experience with using a said profession, the amount of knowledge they have about another profession, their traits, and play-style. So to be honest there really is nothing to worry about… at least that is my opinion.

(edited by Agile Sound.7516)

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I don’t see anything on the Revenant being overpowered so far. What I do notice is that everything is good. I didn’t see anything on there where I thought “well, that will hardly ever be used.”

Unlike all 8 professions right now.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Warrior is still meta because of Phalanx, the trible blast doesn’t cut it.
Mesmer/Guardian is still master of reflects, the too far away from player wall doesn’t cut it and is on a raher weak weapon.

I see no problems in PvE.

Triple blast is far superior than Phalanx bro.
The CD of the skill is 8, so you can easily stack up to 18 layers of might without any boon duration, and with some trait and boon duration, easily upkeep 25 layers of might permanently by not hitting anything.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Why are we assuming that they are just not doing anything to any of the other classes to make them cool as well?

Because we were practically told, that if want to see old classes with the new cool toys, we’d need to look up to specializations.

Did we forget about specializations already?

Specializations are not base classes. If all the shiny toys will go for new class and specs, then this is a very bad news for anyone that actually liked the old classes.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

I think – and hope – that the old classes will get updates aswell. For now, projectile autoattacks always had only a 20% chance to trigger the finisher, the revenant now got 100% on the hammer. The most iconic class to have an increased finisher chance would be the ranger. So I’m thinking – and hoping – that the ranger will get an increased projectile finisher chance as example.

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

With the new Boons and mechanics, the vanilla classes will need at least some changes, so we’ll see what they do.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I think – and hope – that the old classes will get updates aswell. For now, projectile autoattacks always had only a 20% chance to trigger the finisher, the revenant now got 100% on the hammer. The most iconic class to have an increased finisher chance would be the ranger. So I’m thinking – and hoping – that the ranger will get an increased projectile finisher chance as example.

Ele earth staff already has 100% finisher on auto.

More likely they will apply a 100% finisher to Necro staff due to its low velocity and overall underwhelming effect/damage.

Of course, that would mean giving Necros an actual ability to make decent combos, so I can guarantee it won’t happen.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Could we see future reworks of exisitng professions to make them on par with Revenant or should everyone just reroll the new profession on day one and forget about the past?

Specializations.

How do specializations solve the problem? From what we know, they take something away from a profession and give something new…

They don’t add cool animations and effects, they don’t make badly designed skills/weapons like necro axe/dagger, ranger sword/axe or warrior rifle good out of the sudden. Why? Because these weapons are based on simple tech like spam one to do dmg, press 2 to knock back, etc.

Not solving the problem.

Lol okay. Shove your presents in the bin when you haven’t even taken a look inside just because the kid next door got a Car, why don’t you.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Could we see future reworks of exisitng professions to make them on par with Revenant or should everyone just reroll the new profession on day one and forget about the past?

Specializations.

How do specializations solve the problem? From what we know, they take something away from a profession and give something new…

They don’t add cool animations and effects, they don’t make badly designed skills/weapons like necro axe/dagger, ranger sword/axe or warrior rifle good out of the sudden. Why? Because these weapons are based on simple tech like spam one to do dmg, press 2 to knock back, etc.

Not solving the problem.

Lol okay. Shove your presents in the bin when you haven’t even taken a look inside just because the kid next door got a Car, why don’t you.

Should be “Because their parents are talking about the awesome gift they’ve bought”

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Specializations.

Not solving the problem.

you dodged the question Leman have a good point there.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Thanks, I’ve been trying to say this as the rev information came out but sometimes it feels like I’m talking to a brick wall.

Its not even how strong rev looks compared to the other classes but how everything comes together for it to just make the old classes look outdated and dull. For the base classes to come up to this level they will have to do a massive amount of work on them, more then they have done since the game came out, and that includes new weapons/weapon reworks and trait redesigns not tied to specializations.

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Yes it fair. Initiative is a lot closer to energy than anything else in the game currently – a replenishing resource pool used by multiple attacks with weapon swap becoming meaningless unless you NEED the other weapon set – when its zeroed out its painful. You’ll have to pay attention to that resource an manage it OR you can play another class and do what every other class can do – hit 1-5 weapon set one then swap and hit 1-5 on weapon set two ad infinitum (with eles changing attunements instead of swapping) assuming most of your attacks are not off CD by the time you get through the first set. I wish they would rebalance all the classes by giving them an initiative pool – might improve the play of a lot of players.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Warrior is still meta because of Phalanx, the trible blast doesn’t cut it.
Mesmer/Guardian is still master of reflects, the too far away from player wall doesn’t cut it and is on a raher weak weapon.

I see no problems in PvE.

Triple blast is far superior than Phalanx bro.
The CD of the skill is 8, so you can easily stack up to 18 layers of might without any boon duration, and with some trait and boon duration, easily upkeep 25 layers of might permanently by not hitting anything.

Irrelevant, the triple blast comes from a condition damage weapon. You also forgot the fact that you can’t get more than two blasts out of the skill, try again.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I wouldn’t say Revenant kills other professions. But it does leave everybody else in need to get some of their abilities updated as well with new graphics, new ‘tech’, with some better synergy, and more skill involvement.

Dirame.8521

Specializations.

Not solving the problem.

you dodged the question Leman have a good point there.

I think I answered the question. He feels that Specialization won’t help when he hasn’t seen or heard or played anything of them. That’s silly to me.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

I think I answered the question. He feels that Specialization won’t help when he hasn’t seen or heard or played anything of them. That’s silly to me.

Specialications will just give you one new weapon (lolshield for a mesmer) and some utilities. They won’t change what’s wrong with some core professions unless they would rework them which will not happen. In other words, revenant is being designed with the experience gained from the design of failed core professions. What devs showed during the PoI was that every skill has a reason and was created with that mindset. Even autoattacks. Plus traits.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I’m not going to worry untill I’ve seen the other proffessions’ specialisations.

I expect some auto’s/skills/utilities to be reworked and traits added… I hope we will see less condi on hit for mandatory (minor) traits and more conditions added to traits for condition builds… Also having 3 million revenants instantly will cause some interesting poblems.

If A-Net would make revenant so OP all other profs would be useless they would have destroyed their PvP aspirations instantly, nobody wants to watch revenant vs revenant for an entire tournament..

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Jokubas.4265

Jokubas.4265

This is something that concerned me as well. Certainly, the Specializations will build on new ideas like the Revenant, but where does that leave the base classes? Specializations are supposed to be a trade-off, not an upgrade, so the base classes should be just as viable, but if they’re left out of new mechanics like this, many of them may become obsolete just as a side effect. Hopefully, things like this and Resistance dealing a huge blow to already weak Condition builds means there will be a pass on existing stuff.

Dirame.8521

Specialications will just give you one new weapon (lolshield for a mesmer) and some utilities. They won’t change what’s wrong with some core professions unless they would rework them which will not happen. In other words, revenant is being designed with the experience gained from the design of failed core professions. What devs showed during the PoI was that every skill has a reason and was created with that mindset. Even autoattacks. Plus traits.

How do you know it won’t change the weakness of the profession when they’ve said some specializations would alter the core mechanics of a class? Now I’m not saying it will, I’m just asking you how you know it won’t.

In my opinion, all you’ve got is assumptions and theories, not fact. And you’re not even sure the Mesmer is only get a Shield. Every other class that we know of, (engie, Necro, Ranger and possibly Guardian) is getting 5 skills, just because you only saw a shield does not mean they aren’t getting something else.

Dirame.8521

Lol second page bug again.