Shared Inventory Slot Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but this is one skimpy slot that holds just one item? If so are people nuts, paying $9 to save yourself a few seconds each time you decide to play on a different character and want to transfer items to that character. I wouldn’t even spend $1 for just one of that. You do realize for 600 gems you can get a whole bank tab? And even at that price I feel it is overpaying for something that should be gained as a in game reward. I’m not normally one to cry price gouging but this item qualifies as a price gouge if I ever seen one.

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Very hard to understand the lack of consistency regarding refunds. Multiples of infinite gathering tools were refunded, as were town clothes. Now they’re saying no refunds for duplicates of terrace passes, salvaging tools, etc. Makes no sense.

Well, given that the would not refund the amount when slots went on sale from a purchase a few days before that hadnt been used, Im not shocked by anets position..

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Ok, too all the people saying this is overpriced I don’t think you get it. Take an alt-o-holic. You have 15 toons. On those you bought 10 CooperFeed Salvage-o-matic and multiple SilverFeed ones. Royal Terrace pass same-thing.

I think the better question, how do you handle the people that did buy multiple of the items since now they are left with a bad customer service transaction since this option wasn’t around before.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: hulabear.9137

hulabear.9137

Can we put stacks of items in these? Like potions or Instant Bank Access?

Posted by: Pittcrew.6592

Pittcrew.6592

Can we put stacks of items in these? Like potions or Instant Bank Access?

yes. any item that isn’t Soulbound, as far as I’ve seen

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Ok, too all the people saying this is overpriced I don’t think you get it. Take an alt-o-holic. You have 15 toons. On those you bought 10 CooperFeed Salvage-o-matic and multiple SilverFeed ones. Royal Terrace pass same-thing.

I think the better question, how do you handle the people that did buy multiple of the items since now they are left with a bad customer service transaction since this option wasn’t around before.

It’s kind of ironic; this is a alt-o-holic item that will probably kitten alt-o-holic due refund policy.

Posted by: Lawngahnome.9876

Lawngahnome.9876

This can share a place next to the upgrade extractor.

I agree. Similar to the upgrade extractor, 5 shareable slots does not improve my QOL. For me to spend even 1 gem, it should add to my bling, or make my daily game better.

What I truly lack is a way to store map specific consumables, like bandit keys, fractal encryption keys, exalted keys, machetes, lockpicks, chak acid, etc. Before I can start my play session in GW2, I have to decide on what event I want to do, and then go to my bank and collect all necessary items. After playing, I then need to return to my bank, and put all the leftovers (or new items) back. Giving me a way to skip this management would be a huge QOL improvement, but 5 slots is far to few to do this.

Many people are happy to use the shared slots with infinite mining tools or copper fed salvage kits. At most, this saves me a few inventory slots per character. It takes little effort to avoid running out of harvesting tools and salvage kits, and having access to infinite use ones will not improve my game experience.

If you sell for gems the unlimited bank access, I would absolutely buy a slot and the bank access. That would vastly improve my QOL.

Posted by: wildmanviper.4351

wildmanviper.4351

Raise the price, allow us to put a bag in the slot and put our seige and traps and tricks into it. Call it a WVW account wide slot bag that allows us to keep those rams, catapults, trebuchets, ballistas, golems, shield generators, stealth traps, supply traps, etc. Not just 10 slots but enough for regular and superior seige and traps.
You can even make it so only wvw inventory items will be put into it. 5 slot max is kinda limiting and Im guessing that you havent thought about the wvw players again.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s a luxury item on top of luxury item. It’s not meant to be worth it in terms of cost.

Without the infinite convenience tools, it’s useless. But that’s fine.

And no, it can’t be compared to the upgrade extractor, because in most cases buying a new rune is cheaper.

It’s not going to be for everyone; if you’re worried about price, you’re better off maxing out bank slots or getting infinite gathering tools or whatnot.

Personally, I usually only go to the bank to swap infinite gathering tools and pass the salvage kit around, so this works well enough for me. Maybe the 5th slot will be for the Mystic Forge Conduit or siege, haven’t really decided.

Finally, I didn’t really need the gold. 2800 gems even if you convert now (which I didn’t) is 560 gold? A few extra pieces of ascended armor, or halfway towards a precursor, both of which I have no interest in atm. The way I see it, people going for Wintersday Achievement drinks already paid for me on most of this. But that’s just me. I usually convert a lot of my gold to gems for the purpose of buying new stuff on the gem store.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Pittcrew.6592

A suggestion for refunds/compensation for items that are not Gem-store bought
These wouldn’t fully be enough, perhaps, but it would help to mitigate frustrations.

I would recommend the following trades be made available somewhere:

• Permanent Bank Access Express = 1x Shared Inventory Slot (Gold)
  • Personal Merchant Express = 1x Shared Inventory Slot (Gold)
  • Personal Trader Express = 1x Shared Inventory Slot (Gold)
  • Permanent Self-Style Hair Kit = 1x Shared Inventory Slot (Gold)
  • 1x Shared Inventory Slot (Gold) = 10x Shared Inventory Slot (Silver)
  • 1x Shared Inventory Slot (Gold) = 1x Black Lion Chest Key
  • 10x Shared Inventory Slot (Silver) = 1x Black Lion Chest Key
  • 1x Bank Tab Expansion = 5x Shared Inventory Slot (Silver) [you can over-buy]
  • 1x Bag Slot Expansion = 3x Shared Inventory Slot (Silver) [you can over-buy]

*don’t do the last 2 trades if you ever plan on expanding those limits
*note that Gold slots would be according to my suggestion earlier, in Page 3 on this thread (at least for now). it would let ANY item fit in it; has a limit of 5 currently, would suggest 10. Silver slots would fit anything except for the following infinite-use-items; would have a limit of 40

Silver Shared Inventory Slot exceptions:

• Permanent Bank Access Express
  • Personal Merchant Express
  • Personal Trader Express
  • Permanent Self-Style Hair Kit
  • Any Infinite-use Havesting Tools
  • Any Salvage-o-Matic
  • Permanent Royal Terrace/Captain Airship Pass
  • Home Portal Stone
  • Maybe something else if I’m missing it

Silver Shared Inventory Slot non-exceptions:

• Any remote Mystic Forge
  • Herta
  • Mawdrey II
  • Princess
  • Star of Gratitude
  • Fractal Reliquary
  • Karmic Converter
  • Ley-Energy Matter Converter

Gold slot would cost 700 Gems
Silver slot would cost 50, 225/5, 400/10

(edited by Pittcrew.6592)

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

700 gems hahahaha good laugh anet, good laugh.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but this is one skimpy slot that holds just one item? If so are people nuts, paying $9 to save yourself a few seconds each time you decide to play on a different character and want to transfer items to that character. I wouldn’t even spend $1 for just one of that. You do realize for 600 gems you can get a whole bank tab? And even at that price I feel it is overpaying for something that should be gained as a in game reward. I’m not normally one to cry price gouging but this item qualifies as a price gouge if I ever seen one.

It’s a pure conveniance item, you’re saying so yourself.

Is it expensive? Absolutely.

Is it mandatory? No.

Does it multiply the value of your other conveniance items? Yes, and that’s it’s main draw. People now can get 1 permanent tool, salvage-o-matic, royal pass, etc.

Pricing the item any lower than 700 gems would devalue multiple of those permanent items (most of them priced at 1,000 gems) even more.

You are forgetting the crowd of people who have:

- full bank tabs
- full material tab extenders
- salvage-o-matics
- royal access passes (any of them)
- more than 5 characters (most veterans are going on 10-20 at the moment)

To any one of these, the new shared slot is of quite high value. It even increases the usefulness of permanent access merchants. Permanent Bank access is now a god send and allows combined with 1 shared slot bank access on ALL your characters, everywhere.

EDIT: speaking of permanent bank access express, look which item just quadrupled in value https://www.gw2tp.com/item/35984-permanent-bank-access-contract

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Posted by: Stone.7563

Stone.7563

I agree it is a bit pricey, its usefulness is very high though.

My only complain is that its at the top. I prefer to have my items at the bottom. I do not show bags so… Now all my bags DO NOT start at the far left of my inventory. I run 100 slots (5 – 20 slot bags), which means if I set my inventory to 10×10 or 20 × 5 all my bags line up. This means I can get the organization without dealing with the tab lines.

Please allows us some control of where the 5 slots are. Also some items shouldn’t need to be put here to get account benefits EX: Keys, Home Portal Stone (should be account use anyway.) ect

Posted by: Ghostwind.4380

Ghostwind.4380

So, it seems the main problem seems to be the price. Do you all jump on the forums of other consumer products and rant and rave about the convenience products they produce that you can’t afford also?

You’re making an assumption that people are complaining about price because they can’t afford it. That’s probably a false assumption. I think the reality is people who spend real money in the gem store do so because they can easily afford to do so in real life. They have real jobs and families so the gem store is a time saver. Buying a time saving device or cool shiny is something they don’t mind doing because they can afford to, and as long as they think the convenience balances out the cost they accept it. They also understand there will be a little gouging here (Anet has to make money after all) and so they grudgingly accept that. What they will NOT stand for though is blatant scamming or gouging.

Seriously though, ANet is going to LOSE money on these slots; no more multiple sets of eternal-thingamajigs being purchased from the market, and I think this convenience item is a great way in deflecting some of that cost.

This is debatable without real metrics. How many people buy a duplicate of each of those items for each of their characters? We don’t really know. The high cost of these slots actually seems to me balance things out. Plus consider this: the people who didn’t buy one of those “eternal” items before because they were not shareable between characters, is now encouraged to buy one along with one of these slots. So suddenly you have a whole new market of people buying gems. I don’t think you have really though through Anet’s strategy and pricing models.

Do I wish it was a little cheaper? Of course; as a consumer I wish EVERYTHING I personally wanted was a little cheaper. But ANet has access to the numbers and we don’t, and there are a lot of people who are looking at this in a simply “what works for ME” mindset. That’s not how consumerism works.

“Cheapness” in consumerism is just one part of the economics. Remember, consumers buy things if they have value and if there is not a better product out there. Quality also matters. Consumers won’t buy something if they feel they are being cheated or it’s overpriced. You can’t prove they are not being cheated anymore than the people feeling cheated can prove they are. Only the market can tell that, and the only comparable market we currently have is what Anet charges for something like bank slots or material storage, things that are already shared among characters. And considering the cost of those upgrades compared to one of these slots, on the surface at least it doesn’t seem to be balanced.

Posted by: Zengetsu Heyda.4598

Zengetsu Heyda.4598

Love the slots, only have one real complaint. With the slots, it now doesn’t serve much purpose for me to have multiple infinite gathering tools.

Really wish I could gift a set of them to one of my buddies who isn’t likely to ever be able to purchase gems with cash. As it is, they’re probably just going to sit taking up a slot in my bank forever now.

Posted by: cakemonkey.6347

cakemonkey.6347

I think price can be debatable. I could make arguments either way to be honest. I just wanted to say, I haven’t been exactly happy with all the design choices leading up to and including the expansion. But this is a good addition to the gem store. I want to see more things like this.

I need to dig up that gem store suggestion thread but we need more convenience items like this. Like an upgrade to make all crafting account bound – would by that real money pretty quick. Not the current extra craft per character that’s out now.

Edit for clarity.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I have multiple characters. Some guildees and others I know have 20+. We all feel it is a ridiculous price. The idea is something many people have been requesting, however like usual, the implementation is the issue. Paying for the convenience is expected, but the price was not and immediately turned a lot of people off. Anet would have had far more people jump at the chance to have a single bag slot account shared, unless they asked like 10k gems then we’d be having the argument again. As it is right now, 2800+ gems for 5 slots. If they add more later, you are still talking 5k gems total for 10 slots.

I could easily fill 5 account slots. I have some gems sitting there that have been waiting on something of interest to buy. But 700 for one slot? nty far too expensive for what it is.

edit: the following isn’t directed at quoted user but general to thread:

It’s almost funny in a sad way how disagreeing with a businesses price is now being ‘entitled’. Most people see a price they don’t agree with, they will walk away without a word and the business might not even know that the customer wants the item but doesn’t want to pay that price. Oh sorry that customer is just being entitled right? My mistake.

Interesting thing is, if Anet were to change the idea based on the feedback here, any change would be able to benefit even those that have bought it, so why does there have to be these attacks on people that disagree whether they feel something is fair or not? Anet wants feedback, they have stated it, so why must some attack the character of others? By the way, I’m not actually asking for an answer on that.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The price is pretty insane, and is going to keep me from buying multiple slots to use for various items. Had the price been reasonable (maybe 200 per slot) I would have probably maxed them out and used that slot for all sorts of things like keys, pseudo-currencies (things like Reclaimed Weapon Plates), ect. Would have really come in handy since Anet seems opposed to adding those things to an account wallet / keychain type system.

At 700 a pop, though, I’ll be getting one and only one, and using that for my Copper Fed Salvage-O-Matic. That’s the only item I can see that’s useful enough universally on every character to justify the price.

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

It is simple: get 1 Shared Inventory Slot + 1 Permanent Bank Access Contract, and you will have your bank with collectables and wardrobe, available everywhere, on all characters.
Now that is huge storage and right now you can’t get any better than this.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Can we get retro shared inventory? Because one of my toon has 2 extra slots…

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

It’s kind of ironic; this is a alt-o-holic item that will probably kitten alt-o-holic due refund policy.

Its not going to kitten this altoholic. I only want one that’s for my permanent bank. Done and dusted. I don’t have a salvage thing so I’m not affected there.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Basically:

If you have a permanent and expensive item, 700 gem is fair.
If you do not, 700 gem is incredibly high.

For your average player that wants shared slots for stuff like keys and gear, 200 gem for each (and a max of 10 or 20 instead of 5) would be far more appropriate.

Posted by: Black Dragon.1504

Black Dragon.1504

Am I the only one who thinks this is a completely reasonable price for a convenience item that is only really needed by those who have a multitude of alts and/or permanent contracts?

I doubt it was intended for average players to purchase – this scratches the itch for those who felt really inconvenienced without one.

Thread-killer extraordinaire

(edited by Black Dragon.1504)

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Could have been a very cool upgrade for WvW commanders/players to share siege between all of their characters to avoid having to keep moving them around. Not at 700 gems per 1 slot though, lol. RIP.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Posted by: Monroe.1523

Monroe.1523

I logged in today ready to purchase this until I realized it was just ONE slot?! For 700 gems?! No way…

I was so excited to finally be able to have access to all the different zone keys for HoT on every character instead of having them spread all over the place. Not to mention the 3 salvage o matics I have, having a shared one would have been wonderful!

700 gems for 5 slots I say, is a reasonable expectation. It still means if you want all keys/food/salvagers shared, you still need to purchase at least twice, which I think is fair. Especially when I expect most things to be shared are items already purchased with gems!

Or, an alternative I’d be happy with… a keyring! Like GW1.

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Honestly, the shared slots would have been cool to share siege etc. But not at 700 gems per 1 slot.

Siege should be something that goes into the account wallet or something anyway which is globally accessible.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Posted by: Matt Dragontamer.3506

Matt Dragontamer.3506

I really like the shared slots, I would like a few more than the 5 available.
I found the pricing to be a little high, however I noticed everything has been highly priced recently and it makes it even worst for Canadian like myself that pay an additional 30-40% on the dollar.

I would like to see the option to move the shared bag up and down the list of bags to place it where I normally place the items I am putting in it. Usually as Bag 4.

• One problem I have found is that ever sense I added the shared bag to my account, ALL the other bags are shown in my inventory list as minimized. Can you please fix this to keep the bags in the state that they are in when I close my inventory list.

Thanks again for the cool feature!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Best item ever added to the gem store!

Bought all 5! Put my perma merch, pera salvage, perma TP, Perma MF, and karma converter in them!

Not only is it 5 extra slots for all my characters, I can finally use all these items on all my characters!

Hopefully we get more items like this in the future. Real convenience, doesn’t remove something that should have been content related.

Posted by: Scorn.9465

Scorn.9465

Not sure if this has been suggested before, got tired of reading endless posts on how much it’s so overpriced and stuff.

Can we have the option of moving the shared slots (they seem to be grouped like a separate bag) to the bottom of the bags line-up? It looks really bad having 5 slots of a 20 slot bag sticking out of the bottom when you have the hide bags option active.

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I’m thinking one shared inventory slot should have just been enabled for all paid accounts as a quality of life enhancement to the game and a way of saying “thank you” to players. Then if they want to sell additional slots in the gem store that’s fine. (Although a price somewhat less than 700 for one slot would be nice.)

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

This is a fantastic idea! I can’t afford it.. but it’s still fantastic being able to share between your toons. I have a new goal… and lots of farming to do.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Substantially lower the price greatly or increase the slots. 700 gems for a single slot is absolutely insane and the person that made that decision needs reprimanded.

One thing is fact, their is a very large disconnect between Arena Net and the player base. You guys really need to get on this because these PR nightmares are becoming commonplace.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Thank you to all those that bought these and are paying for the game. I’m not laughing at you. I’m not laughing at you. Ahh, who am I kidding? HHAHHhahhaahhaahah.

700 gems for one slot, gg Anet marketing dept, gotta love that money grab, and the usual suspects that piled in, bought 5 and praise the ‘opportunity’ given them by you to pass over more of their hard earned.

I just bought an entire game for that.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

It is simple: get 1 Shared Inventory Slot + 1 Permanent Bank Access Contract, and you will have your bank with collectables and wardrobe, available everywhere, on all characters.
Now that is huge storage and right now you can’t get any better than this.

Problem: No more Permanant Bank Access left. All “mysteriously” sold out just before the patch dropped.

It’s almost as if -GASP- someone knew the change was coming before it happened -_-

And you can bet when they re-appear on the TP they’ll cost a small fortune.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Its not going to kitten this altoholic. I only want one that’s for my permanent bank. Done and dusted. I don’t have a salvage thing so I’m not affected there.

I’m happy for you but I will hold any buying until the refund of the extra recyclomatic is agreed on by Anet.

Reading all the feed back from WvW player & most PvE players.
Seems like Anet would be better off by selling these by 4 slots for 700 gems buyable 5 times with the current discount of 5 max (20 slots) at 2800 gems.

Posted by: acekc.5290

acekc.5290

It’s anything in your inventory that’s not soulbound. I bought 5 and put my copper fed, permanent bank access and 3 permanent harvesting tools in them. They are now shared across all my chars. Even my chars harvesting flax way out in the middle of nowhere have all of these items now.

Just to clarify, once you load in on an alt you have to equip the tools to use them, and you have to remember to unequip them back into the shared slots before you log off that alt or they won’t be there for your other alts. Given the price it would’ve been nice if the tools had been usable straight from the shared slots, but alas no…

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

Wont comment about the price. Though it would be a great feature if we could move the shared inventory slots to the bottom of the inventory or wherever we like them.

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

Give me 5 slots like you have now for the price you have now, but if I put the permanent gathering tools in them or the copper/silver fed salvager, let them be usable straight from the slots without equipping them and THEN and only then would I buy the slots. They can still be single item slots sued for any items not soul bound, just if they tools are in there, they can be used as I described.

ArchonWing.9480

Thank you to all those that bought these and are paying for the game. I’m not laughing at you. I’m not laughing at you. Ahh, who am I kidding? HHAHHhahhaahhaahah.

700 gems for one slot, gg Anet marketing dept, gotta love that money grab, and the usual suspects that piled in, bought 5 and praise the ‘opportunity’ given them by you to pass over more of their hard earned.

I just bought an entire game for that.

Sure, whatever makes your day. I’m glad you managed to experience joy. I haven’t spent a cent on this game beyond the base game and a HoT purchase.

Of course, I can’t buy any more games using fake currency so I’m not sure what that dichotomy came in. But I do estimate it saving me about 5 minutes a day, so in a year that might come up to I don’t know? 30 hours I can be doing something else.

I mean it’s only a couple hundred gold. I’ve also spent hundreds if not thousands of gold on marginal stat boosts (ascended), so what is this really?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

When I read that this was getting added to the game, it sounded to good to be true.

After reading the price per slot, it was. No thanks, too steep a price for the minimal convenience (IMO).

SBI

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Really you can select anything on the ticket form and your ticket will get to the right person eventually. In this case, I would suggest “In-game Issue” and then “Trading Post/Gem Store problem.”

As for refunds: if you’ve had these account-bound items for ages, we won’t be doing refunds because you’ve already derived substantial benefit. If, however, you bought them more recently, we’re doing refunds on a case-by-case basis.

For the sake of Permanent Tools in question, I’ll acknowledge this. However, I have 4 Terrace Scrolls. My husband has 6 of them on his main account. Are you telling me that refunds on those will not be made available cause we bought them…1 to 2 years ago? If so, I can’t say I agree much to this. We have both bought the 5 Shared Inventory Slots, you just made all but one of those scrolls useless to us. Can we at least get the refunds on those regardless of the time in which it was purchased?

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

First I thought it was a shared bag slot, and I was hyped about storing ascended trinkets there so I could swap them between chars. Then I realised it was a line of 5 slots, massive let down but I thought 5 shared items was still worth the gem price. Then I realised from this thread that you only get 1 item slot per purchase. Lol……..

And all permanent bank contracts have now inevitably been flipped by TP barons and are out of reach of 99% of players. Great…….

ANET you would do everyone a favor including yourselves if you just put the permanent bank contact on the TP for 1000 gems or whatever, it would make buying this single shared slot worth it. As it stands I won’t be touching this one and I’ve spent ALOT of cash on gems (look at my account history if you don’t believe me).

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

First I thought it was a shared bag slot, and I was hyped about storing ascended trinkets there so I could swap them between chars. Then I realised it was a line of 5 slots, massive let down but I thought 5 shared items was still worth the gem price. Then I realised from this thread that you only get 1 item slot per purchase. Lol……..

And all permanent bank contracts have now inevitably been flipped by TP barons and are out of reach of 99% of players. Great…….

ANET you would do everyone a favor including yourselves if you just put the permanent bank contact on the TP for 1000 gems or whatever, it would make buying this single shared slot worth it. As it stands I won’t be touching this one and I’ve spent ALOT of cash on gems (look at my account history if you don’t believe me).

Hear! Hear! I agree, and that was the first thing my husband went looking for after the update.

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

ArchonWing.9480

Before this I was actaully aiming for the Bank Contract.

Now >.>

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

Worst value I’ve seen. Its also really restrictive…only five slots? Why not just a new bag slot for 1000 gems…you would have sold tons…silly greed without thinking.

Here’s the reality of this:

Attachments:

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s anything in your inventory that’s not soulbound. I bought 5 and put my copper fed, permanent bank access and 3 permanent harvesting tools in them. They are now shared across all my chars. Even my chars harvesting flax way out in the middle of nowhere have all of these items now.

Just to clarify, once you load in on an alt you have to equip the tools to use them, and you have to remember to unequip them back into the shared slots before you log off that alt or they won’t be there for your other alts. Given the price it would’ve been nice if the tools had been usable straight from the shared slots, but alas no…

No doubt. But I’m thinking its a bit much to ask an inventory slot to also double function as a harvesting tool slot and not bug out when other items such as a salvage kit is put in there.

Having it be a cross account inventory is one thing. Having it be a cross account inventory that knows when it’s a harvesting slot and not when it’s a food, salvage kit, tonic slot, or whatever else slot, is asking for a lot of coding and probably a lot of bugs.

It only takes a few seconds to double click the 3 slots to put the permanent tools there for the next char. I think that acceptable.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK:

Thank you ANet for adding this particular item(s) into the game.

• Although it’s a minor start with only 5 mere slots currently, I have higher hopes this number can and will be increased as most players do carry around important universal items such as food, siege blueprints, gathering tools, TP/merchant Express(s), portal scrolls etc. My proposal is around 15-20 slots for this to be achieved at a sound level.
  • 700 Gems for ONE of these slots is quite demanding; I think 500/600 Gems may have been more reasonable. On the other hand, buying the bundle of 5 for 2,800 Gems is very reasonable as you buy 4 and get 1 free; that is fine. For what this item does, it is indeed useful so I understand the overall initial pricing for this item(s).
  • Shared Inventory Slot(s) should be able to be moved around like normal bag slots, not just at the very top of the inventory.

I hope for more innovative & QoL features such as this particular item to be implemented into the game.

EDIT: Agreed with others in this thread regarding all the permanent contracts... yikes.. they have definitely sky-rocketed and this is disappointing, however, if anyone is after a “merch” to merely sell junk when their bags are full… the Tarrktun Personal Delivery Portal still exists… for a pretty hefty price either way…

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tarrktun_Personal_Delivery_Portal

(edited by Zephyra.4709)

Posted by: Dreggon.6598

Dreggon.6598

Well I hope the devs/gem store people are reading feedback here.

Firstly, I think 700 gems per slot is greatly excessive – buying 5 costs 2800 gems, which is $35. Thirty five dollars. Some retailers sell Heart of Thorns for less.

Secondly, I’d like to be able to move each individual shared slot around. I keep my Royal Terrace Pass on the left side of my inventory (where I’m unlikely to click it), various permanent items at the bottom of my inventory (where they’ll never move), a salvage kit on the row above that, and various ancillary crap scattered around those items (like musical instruments, costume brawl items, ascended items, and god knows what else). So being able to move these slots around however I like – including between slots of existing bags – would be fantastic.

Thirdly I’m going to mention the price again because kitten , guys. But in a more productive way – the only people who have any use for these slots are veteran players with large numbers of alts and expensive items, such as permanent bank contracts or gem store salvage kits. If you’re that kind of veteran, 5 slots is nowhere near enough. I need about 20 to hold the various cool items I’ve collected over 3+ years. If you eventually allow 20 slots, that will cost 14000 gems. I actually had to get a calculator out (I’m bad at math) and that’s $175. If you buy the set of 5 for 2800 gems it’s 11200 gems, costing $140. Absurd. I actually live in Australia, and with exchange rates this would set me back over $200. Come on.

What you should have done was make these slots a whole lot cheaper, then put certain gem store items on sale such as the copper/silver fed salvage kits, instruments, aviator/bobblehead, harvesting tools, and character slots. That would give newer people a reason to buy these if they’re not filthy stinking rich.

I haven’t bought any of these slots yet. I’ve wanted them for years, but I just can’t afford them.

(edited by Dreggon.6598)

Pittcrew.6592

Worst value I’ve seen. Its also really restrictive…only five slots? Why not just a new bag slot for 1000 gems…you would have sold tons…silly greed without thinking.

Here’s the reality of this:

I don’t want to personally attack you, but I want to make things clear to people. They thought long and hard about the prices, and picked a good one for what is offered. You now only need 1 of each item that would usually cost 500-1000 gems per item per character. This is a HUGE deal for people who want those items, and that’s what this is aimed for, in it’s current form. I do hope that they add more slots at a lower price that cant hold these high-price items, but until then, this price is incredibly generous of them, considering how many sales they WILL lose out on now that they have reduced the need for a lot of the duplicate sales in the Gem Store.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Honestly, the shared slots would have been cool to share siege etc. But not at 700 gems per 1 slot.

Siege should be something that goes into the account wallet or something anyway which is globally accessible.

I agree in regards to siege blueprints being globally accessible. What ANet has supplied us with now is perfect, but not a mere 5 slots. I personally need around 15-20 to carry blueprints + food alone.

The price for one alone is bit of a pickle. I have already stated my slight distaste over the initial pricing in the other thread but I believe 500-600 gems for one could’ve been a bit more forgiving… one needs to understand though that this item is extremely useful. Then again, was it a feature that should’ve made it into the game much earlier?