in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

I would not prepurchase for the following reasons

- taking away core content and reselling it in expansion
- don’t like vertical maps and will wait to see if flat maps return
- don’t like the Nintendo crap
- not enough armor and weapon skins offered
-don’t like gated content and don’t like being forced into content(hero and mastery points)

Will you prepurchase next expansion?

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

If I’m still into video games in general, yes I will prepurchase. Arenanet has yet to let me down with the quality of their game(s) and I’ve stayed with them since the original Guild Wars. I would be happy to help them in any future betas and provide my feedback and bug reports.

I do understand why some people are not happy with HoT but aside from some bugs that will be fixed eventually and skins/achievements requiring a lot of hard to get materials (talking about crystalline ore here), I’m very happy with the expansion. It was about time GW2 got more difficult content.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Addressing forum complain is not possible because forum literally complain about every single thing in GW2 and every changes no matter good or bad.

Yes Anet made design change and it’s good decision, old maps are boring and brainless. New maps are challenging and fun if you want casual content core tyria offers plenty.

So your advice to casual players is not to buy expansions?

Casual, solo players who don’t want content that’s challenging, yeah, I think they’d be disappointed with the expansion.

But not every casual player demands to be a solo player and not every casual player demands content you can beat while watching Game of Thrones on your other monitor.

But very few casual players would be clamouring for a game you have to synchronize your watch with and that demands you to play multiple straight hours to get anywhere.

When every aspect of the expansionis so extreme as to likely scare off some players, the totally of those aspects is likely to scare off many players.

Posted by: krzysiek.9061

krzysiek.9061

Will people ever learn? There’s a difference between “time wasting” and “time consuming”? Raids are “time consuming”. Masteries are “time wasting”. I’ve nothing against “wasting” 5 hours for wipes and learning to finally kill the boss but I refusee to take a part in masteries. They’re time wasting and they’re here only to hide lack of content.

Oh, and 2 sets of armor are a joke. A very bad one.

I’d never pre-purchased HoT. Will I pre-purchase 2nd expansion? If they’ll give me Cantha (unlikely), Cantha architecture (I’m looking at you Dominion of Winds) and/or Paragon, Alchemist (thief?) or Ritualist (yes, please) specialization then insta buy. If not, I’ll wait and see. I had faith in them and they disappointed me.

Also, communcation is so bad. I thought they’ve learned something.

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

No. Why?

Bad:

Unfinished expansion (more like feature pack).
Grindy and bad content.
Rewards are crap.
No new dungeons and fractals. (nerfed dungeons & unrewarding fractals)
Nerfing of everything that gives players some gold. (casual unfriendly)
Few HoT armor and weapon skins from events and similar, many gem shop skins.
Story.
Only 3 legendaries (not available from the start).
Precursor crafting need events to fail.
Bugs.
Lags.
Everything is gold sink. (very bad for new players)

Good:

Elite spec gives something new and fresh.
Beautiful maps (wvw and HoT maps)
Good looking legendary skins.(so far)
Raids (yet to discover)
???

Same reasons why this will probably be my last expansion. I trusted Anet before Hot but they seem to have gone a different direction as a company; instead of making a game that THEY would actually play as fellow gamers they instead just added grindy/boring things designed to make them money.

Alot of the things they promoted before HoT turned out to be complete money grabs such as Fractals being recycled levels/weapon skin and a Druid Elite healer spec that was supposed to break the mold but is just a failed design experiment. How much money did Anet make hyping/pushing out this crap? If this is the best they can do, I don’t see a future for the game.

They are trying to tap into the WoW market (raids and trinity) and eSports without realizing that you can’t tap into those saturated markets unless you have a REALLY good system in place and they seem incapable of doing it. (Just look at the throw-crap-on-a-wall-and-see-what-sticks design approach of the Druid elite.)

Edit: My hunch is that they are desperately trying to secure some sort of eSports base before Blade and Soul launches in N/A. Anet’s 200k prize for tournaments when the game is basically the same as before means they are just throwing their money away in a desperate grab for a pvp audience.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

(edited by Leodon.1564)

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

Never pre-order or pre-purchase. Watch reviews and game-plays, after the game/expansion has been released, that way you can create your opinion on what you see and hear.
Unless there is a refund policy then never EVER do it.

Posted by: FlashGamer.4017

FlashGamer.4017

Yes, I’m rich you know.

Posted by: Rogue Potato.4723

Rogue Potato.4723

Most assuredly not.

“When there’s no point in doing something, the best idea is not to do it.”

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

I played the base game with all class (8) with no issues. With pleasure and fluidity, whenever I could play the game.
With HoT, I have hard times completing map at 100% because of Masteries Gatting and hard Hero Points.

I’m not happy and won’t prepurchase again a similar designed game.

I really have more fun levelling my Revenant in Tyria.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

182 hours on my Herald, I do think I have gotten my money’s worth. So yes, I would easily pre-purchase the next expansion loving the map wide events.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Prepurchase so that a week before it comes out they can announce they are nerfing Fractals this time instead of dungeons?

ArenaNet: “Hey! We are gonna buff dungeon loot! It requires a mastery track though, so to be rewarded for content you have been playing for over 3 years, you need to buy the expansion!”

Players: “So you added new dungeons?”

ArenaNet: “No! We buffed loot though!”

^ If that doesn’t bug you, you are part of the problem. That’s exactly what they did to Fractals and I could totally see them doing it to dungeons in the future.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: jeezlaweez.6810

jeezlaweez.6810

A Sound “no”.

Hell, they put the backstab reselling stuff they took away LOL. Everything is gated now. You can’t really enjoy the game if you don’t farm for something before. Why not enjoy the content while doing the farm? Well, because you need a Mastery for that. Wait. Isn’t this the same thing as getting to level X cap in other games? YES! But with a different name!

Let’s talk about real gameplay content. Which is new maps and stuff. Cool maps. But after 1 month… have you done everything? I’m a casual player and I’ve done everything. I can even farm events now. ONE MONTH! Hardcore must be doing this daily basis, so I’m guessing they will be gone in no time, because there’s nothing more to do over content-wise.

Collections are short-term goals…. erm not. Collections in this game are like “you wanna do this one, hell forbid you to do other one”. Do you know why is that way? It’s a make up. To hide something they don’t want to show us: there’s not enough content.

Legendary Journey happens in other games. Heck, almost all RPGs has side-quests to get the best armor/weapons in that game that takes 1-2 weeks to complete. Not gonna even tell about the FF XIV Zodiac Weapons. What we have here? A Collection (please read above), not a Journey.

Ask yourselves, why take away dungeon rewards, lock fractal rewards behind masteries (exclusive to HoT), put insanely rare stuff as requirements for collections, and even destroy small guilds (and look, I have a 150 ppl guild, I can think outside my box and put myself in other’s places)?
Because they don’t have enough content in HoT! And they don’t even trust their playerbase will play it, so cripple the base game and resell everything again.

Oh! And don’t tell anything about it from the start. Let they find when they play it. Nice. They even lie to us (Colin said “no new Armor Tiers”, “no Grind”, “no walls of anything”, “no treadmills” lots of times, let’s just pretend he never said that).

Nope.

Samuel Hart – lvl 80 Necro and 20 more toons… well. Yeah.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

No I won’t and I had bought the large package on this one. I am beyond disappointed in this expansion. I took a break when they had changed the talent system and came back after they changed it back. I am not sure this is possible with the changes they have made to the game in this expansion. I do not even log into the game anymore. I should be looking forward to logging into new content with it barley making a month and instead I am looking for other things to do with my time.

I also supported the game with gem purchases and I did not even buy anything during the sale they had because I flat out refuse to give this game anymore money. I do not play f2p games because it always feels like things are gated behind massive time and money sinks and that is how gw2 feels now. I was here the moment the game opened and I stayed up to log in the moment HoT opened. I loved this game. I do not feel it is for me any longer though.

I loved exploring the game. I liked that I could play any weapons and talents and make my way through things. I was excited about raids, but now we see how people want dps meters, meta builds, and are ready to boot people and they have too because of the timers on the fights. That is not what I signed on for with GW2. The one thing that I will give WoW credit for is that if a person does not enjoy gear grind for raiding they can always go back to see old raids and try for the mounts, pets, ect. That will not be possible in GW2 as it is right now so if you are not a raider you will never see this content.

Maybe they can change things, but I doubt it. This seems to be the direction they want to take. I no longer log in, so no I will not be buying their future expansions.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Only if they are 100% forthright and disclose the inner workings of all major components and features. They also seriously need to tone down the gold sink and gating it is over the top especially considering we paid for the content.
I get that this is a business like any other but there needs to be a balance between what you get free vs. what you can buy for gems. Right now it’s all about the gem store despite having paid for an expansion and that just doesn’t sit right with me.

I also think there needs to be a fundamental change in how they design the content, frankly the whole dragon stand concept is just wrong. It is obscene to think that a chunk of content is time gated this way and is counter productive as a result. It is exactly what is wrong with most other mmo’s out there today, sitting around waiting to have fun, which flies in the face of their touted core belief of being different.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

(edited by Vlad Morbius.1759)

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Addressing forum complain is not possible because forum literally complain about every single thing in GW2 and every changes no matter good or bad.

Yes Anet made design change and it’s good decision, old maps are boring and brainless. New maps are challenging and fun if you want casual content core tyria offers plenty.

Casual, solo players who don’t want content that’s challenging, yeah, I think they’d be disappointed with the expansion.

But not every casual player demands to be a solo player and not every casual player demands content you can beat while watching Game of Thrones on your other monitor.

Because ‘casual’ players of either persuasion can spend hours camping a map waiting for a meta that takes two hours to complete, where failure is likely and where rewards only are obtained on success.

Really?

Posted by: jeezlaweez.6810

jeezlaweez.6810

Sadly, as it seems that most (not all) of older players has complains on one thing or another that destroy the probability to prepurchase the next expansion, and remembering that this expansion was being stated by spec media as the “financial salvation” for this company, we will never get another expansion at all.

The lesson is: you can’t take your playerbase for granted and throw everything on them. It started with the Prepurchase Bundle issue, and to see this end you’ll need a Mastery.

Samuel Hart – lvl 80 Necro and 20 more toons… well. Yeah.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Probably. ESPECIALLY if they do Cantha. I will prepurchase that in a heartbeat.

There are some issues with HoT, but this is their first expansion and hopefully they will learn from this for the next one. Overall I really love Revenant and the elite specs. They also better continue making gliding friendly zones because I love my gliding. I like all the new zones and enjoy the difficulty of them.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

So many people complaining in this thread how horrible Arena Net treated them. Why are you even here then? Is there not something better for you to be doing?

Posted by: Raziel.4216

Raziel.4216

Forums are always filled with complains, no matter what they do.
Get used to it, happens on every gaming forum.

If Legend of Zelda came out tomorrow, the usual
forum dwellers would go nuts about the need to
“grind” to get exp, new swords, new potions etc

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

But very few casual players would be clamouring for a game you have to synchronize your watch with and that demands you to play multiple straight hours to get anywhere.

When every aspect of the expansionis so extreme as to likely scare off some players, the totally of those aspects is likely to scare off many players.

That’s crap. First of all you don’t have to synchronize your watch for most things. I have a ton of casual players in my guild who haven’t even figured out there is a meta yet, and most of them are having a good time. They run some events, they get some loot. That’s what a lot of casual players do.

Hint, most casuals don’t haunt forums. They don’t follow development cycles. They run around and do stuff. That’s their game.

I have a guild filled with casual players. It’s a real education sometimes.

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

the main reason i bought the expansion was for the elite specializations to wvw, not to pve but the new maps killed wvw. now wvw is empty and players are no longer in control, which is the way it shouldnt since its servers vs servers. i regret wasting my money! im force to grind in HoT in order to unlock the spec for each character and i dont even enjoy HoT compared to Tyria. my warrior who had 100% map completion, 100% in wvw still needs more “hero points” *skill points even though i had tons of them. the only place i can use the new specs without getting all the skill points of the map and doing HoT is pvp but even though i never did like pvp. i hate team work, matches, queuing and then queue again after that match is over. WvW was like the “wilderness” of other games to me but in gw2 as you could roam solo, find small pug group, zergs or guildies to take over territory. now all of that is dead.

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Because ‘casual’ players of either persuasion can spend hours camping a map waiting for a meta that takes two hours to complete, where failure is likely and where rewards only are obtained on success.

Really?

Would I prepurchase again? No, because of this reason.

I hate having to play the taxi game to get in to a decent map, then sit for a half hour waiting, then hope that the meta doesn’t fail and render it all wasted. New maps suck. Timers suck. Lfg tools are woefully inadequate. Silverwastes and dry top you just jump in and play. HoT maps you waste half your game time getting ready to play. Considering that a normal person might only get an hour or two each night, you’re then committed to one shot at a map and have to ignore dailies, pvp or anything else.

This game used to be fun because it wasn’t the total time suck of a typical mmo where everything is a multi hour commitment. Unfortunately, someone at anet seemed to think that two hour meta cycles would be omfg epic instead of the annoyance that they really are.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Definitely not.

I’ll never understand how can anybody like the mess ANet created that is becoming Star Wars by the day, with perhaps the exception of those playing a Guardian, Revenant or Necromancer who obviously don’t have a reason to complain about their already OP classes, because they didn’t lose anything with the “expansion”, they only gained, while others (Rangers are a perfect example but not the only ones) either lost a lot or didn’t gain anything to counter the might the before mentioned gained; and then there are people with abundance of money to waste on the gem store and support ANet in their wrongdoing.

I’m still hoping for the day to come, when Thieves won’t be able to teleport from lower ground up to upper levels (like rooftops), teleport through walls or from under a bridge on top of it and virtually anywhere they like… When one won’t become a snail just for entering combat, and a lot of the ridiculous mechanics removed. Maybe at the age of 60 it might happen.

Overall, there’s a lot of inconsistency/imbalance in this game, not worth the time, money, energy and definitely not worth the aggravation.

Instead of spending money here I’ll gladly spend it with competition.

I main a ranger and I’m very happy with the changes to the profession. I don’t know about you, but my pets stay alive for a lot longer. And yeah, I like the druid as well.

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

I think people are frusterated because they came in thinking it was gonna be a hand holding theme park game,which gw2 isnt its got its own style of gameplay either you like it or you dont if you dont not a big issue not like your paying a sub put it on the shelf and watch for changes you may like or not like,take a break go play WoW or some other game .This is guildwars not WoW or everquest.Quit expecting them to change the mechanics because it isnt gonna happen.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Absolutely yes.
This expansions is making community so much healthier by cleaning a lot of people who cry for any reason. Which is a really good thing.

Out with the old and whiney and in with the new.

lmao.. sooo much healthier.. implementing content that requires it to fail, fail fail while others wish to complete.. makes real healthier community handshaking…
New maps with Meta’s that that require large community participation… except all but one of those new maps are already absent of the living as they’ve relocated to the AFK portal in the Brink… playing a large part in destroying that map meta as well… but at least a community comes together in a united front and stand there AFK’ing together… should we all put out TS on and snore loudly together?

The most harmonious of the community can be found under the frogs camp , calmly farming their flax seeds or huddled around the elder wood tree patches in Malchors/Straits whilst whistling their tunes on their TS channels or half asleep watching the latest Netflix block buster.

People cry ands whine, as you like to put it because they wanted this game to be so much better and so much more inclusive from a community perspective.. now its become utterly fragmented and worse.. gear checks and raid kicks are now the order of the day, mixed in with some differing quest objective toxicity -

A real community soup bowl served HoT.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

That’s crap. First of all you don’t have to synchronize your watch for most things. I have a ton of casual players in my guild who haven’t even figured out there is a meta yet, and most of them are having a good time. They run some events, they get some loot. That’s what a lot of casual players do.

Hint, most casuals don’t haunt forums. They don’t follow development cycles. They run around and do stuff. That’s their game.

I have a guild filled with casual players. It’s a real education sometimes.

You appear to be talking about players who are casual about what happens in the game.

I’m talking about players who are casual about when they game, but who are very involved with the game when they do.

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

Really?

Would I prepurchase again? No, because of this reason.

I hate having to play the taxi game to get in to a decent map, then sit for a half hour waiting, then hope that the meta doesn’t fail and render it all wasted. New maps suck. Timers suck. Lfg tools are woefully inadequate. Silverwastes and dry top you just jump in and play. HoT maps you waste half your game time getting ready to play. Considering that a normal person might only get an hour or two each night, you’re then committed to one shot at a map and have to ignore dailies, pvp or anything else.

This game used to be fun because it wasn’t the total time suck of a typical mmo where everything is a multi hour commitment. Unfortunately, someone at anet seemed to think that two hour meta cycles would be omfg epic instead of the annoyance that they really are.

Also
Silverwastes & Dry Top were free contents.
We had to pay for HoT with worst map structure + binded to the story.

Posted by: Crimson Miu.6827

Crimson Miu.6827

Nope.

This game is starting to stink like all the other F2P MMOs out there.
-Gold Grind
-Raids
-Level Grind (Masteries/HeroPoints)
-Money Grabbing Tactics (Massive Gold Sinks, Rewards removed from Core game etc.)

Colin even said this during his interview with Angry Joe…
“We want to challenge the conventions on the way you expand an MMO.”
“We want to do something diffirent.”

Adds Raids, Level Grind, and All the Kitten that made GW2 more similar to other MMOs

Mind Blown

Attachments:

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Nope.

This game is starting to stink like all the other F2P MMOs out there.
-Gold Grind
-Raids
-Level Grind (Masteries/HeroPoints)
-Money Grabbing Tactics (Massive Gold Sinks, Rewards removed from Core game etc.)

Colin even said this during his interview with Angry Joe…
“We want to challenge the conventions on the way you expand an MMO.”
“We want to do something diffirent.”

Adds Raids, Level Grind, and All the Kitten that made GW2 more similar to other MMOs

Mind Blown

Are you serious? If you consider that a grind then you have no idea what actual grind is and might as well call every rpg ever grind, stop calling time consuming grind. I get it for some people if they can’t spam 1 for 2 hours to max everything out they will call it grind then complain on forum, but seriously go play eq again if you want know what is actual grind.

Just because it’s called raid doesn’t means the content is like any other mmo or else you might as well call gw2 a wow clone for having levels and dungeons.

Mind Blown, some people here.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Goldberg.4831

Goldberg.4831

NO………………..

sry, had to be 15 characters

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Yes. I can’t wait to spend 100 more dollars to have content I had unlocked taken away from me, and locked behind a wall. Maybe in the next expansion I can get all my characters set back to level 1, and you can delete all the items in my bank while I watch.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

I would not prepurchase for the following reasons

- taking away core content like the promised 5 mini games and reselling it in expansion making players pay for it 2 times.
– don’t like the Nintendo crap or action camera mini games
-don’t like gated content and don’t like being forced into content like mini games for mastery points .
-content I had unlocked taken away from me, and locked behind a wall to just unlock all over again.

For 3 years we’ve been told “play your way” and the Dev’s don’t want to force players to play content they don’t want to play, well it all went out the window with H.O.T.
Sick of all the flip flopping and listing to them trying to justify all their decisions good or bad, IMHO mostly bad ones.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

No, not as things stand.

My gut instinct was to not buy this one, but then I relented.

It’s not all bad – some parts of the maps are beautiful (the artwork in this game is great), I have a lovely tiger pet (even though she was stressful to get) and a nice new bow skin.

I enjoyed some of the personal story – especially the part where you’re a rabbit and have to res the NPCs to help you.

I don’t know why, but I really enjoyed that, once I got my head around it

But, I am (obviously) annoyed about the guild thing and the fact the maps feel a little too full-on.

Even though I can manage, I don’t want to have to be constantly alert in openworld content and I can sense some others around me aren’t happy (even if they don’t say anything).

If other (nice) people aren’t happy, I don’t feel particularly happy.

It also feels too “real” raidcentric.

It could have done with some kind of LFR version, IMO, to ease people in and give them some ascended gear, so they could then progress on to the real raid, if they wanted, for the legendaries.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Crimson Miu.6827

Crimson Miu.6827

warbignime.4610 You can whiteknight all you want, lots of people here thinks it is a grind not to mention the 1-2 hour commitment which has a fair chance to fail and clutter of bags sadly are just a bunch of Blues and Greens to a Meta event

GW2 does feel more like a WoW Clone now. Thanks for pointing that out good sir.

Posted by: Meneh.2954

Meneh.2954

Yes! It has its problems but in the end most games do. Some things will change for the better over time, some might for the worse, in any case I love the game in general so I’m going to buy it!

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Yes. I can’t wait to spend 100 more dollars to have content I had unlocked taken away from me, and locked behind a wall. Maybe in the next expansion I can get all my characters set back to level 1, and you can delete all the items in my bank while I watch.

Wow. Although a bit of hyperbole it does seem to describe the current Xpac pretty well, especially for guilds. Although having this be in the description might make people shy away a "touch"from it.

Thanks for the laugh, but at this point I would have to say nothing is “off the table”.

Edit: also just because some players want or need something to take up their time ANet, it does not mean the rest of don’t have jobs and lives.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

No way in hell. HoT was incredibly overpriced for what it promised and doubly so for what it delivered. I only prepurchased for the last beta weekend to try raids, and we all remember how that went. I’m playing it since it gave me lots of stuff to do, but this is mostly since I am a completionist. Meh…

Posted by: Ceesa.1350

Ceesa.1350

If I’m still playing GW2 when the next xpac is announced then I’ll probably prepurchase it as well. HoT hasn’t been perfect (looking at you, TD meta), but by and large it’s been a great way to put some life back in the game. If the next xpac is more content-driven as opposed to systems-driven then I’d be even happier to get it.

But Star Citizen will probably be released around that time, and I KNOW I’ll be spending a lot of time in that universe, so GW2 is going to have some competition.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I’ve enjoyed HoT so far. If I’m still playing when the next expansion is released I will not hesitate to prepurchase it.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

No, i like Hot and i think the price was fine, but to be honest i will buy an RPG, the quantity of content HoT have right now its small enough to compare with what i will get with one, the difference will be fixed with RPGs quality been normally better than MMOs and it will shift the balance to the RPG.

Once finished that game, im buying next expa at release.

A side with the content i dont want to suport the game that way (money have value over time, prepurchase means you are giving them more that what you will pay later when the game its realeased).

Thats because i dont like a lot of changes they did:

- Pvp: elite specs are above normal specs by far, that unbalance.

- WvW: They changed the borderlands for ones that are for roamers, i think they must have “added” them instead (and merge servers if necesary).

- Dungeons: They stepback there and now theres not much incentives to do them. Wich means that a lot of doors got closed…

- Time gates: I dont like time gates, i think everyone has the right to go at his/her own pace, if the game its burned in the process its the responsability of who burns it.

- Grinds: Cant say all its a grind, but there are some map rewards, ascended and precursors tiers that are grindy. I understand precursors, but for example ascendeds and the new stats are much more difficult to get, they are expensive.

Extending things by grind or time gates only means the game designers arent confident in the game giving enogh goals to a huge part of the player base (losing a litle part is kinda normal).

And thats very well in tone with HoT not having much content.

(edited by Lucius.2140)

Posted by: Kreiri.9048

Kreiri.9048

After what HoT turned out to be? No way.

Posted by: Shulkor.3670

Shulkor.3670

Of course I’ll buy their expacs, if the price is more realistic and not including the core!

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yes.

Vanilla GW2 was a boring game with good designed but still typical MMO maps, only 1 PvP game mode, no end-game.
It’s whole combat was down to a couple of things and skills(FGS, then Ice Bows etc), stucking in 1 spot, skipping 90% of it’s instanced content (dungs) and everyone had one and only role-DPS.
The most valued items in the game (LI weapons) required one of the biggest grinds an MMO can have, plus a laughable RNG drop rate.

HoT has unique MMO-awesome designed maps, tactics such as stucking and skipping are now thankfully gone, and the “all-offence” meta is also gone since both tanks and healers are now needed, or are at least viable, and zerker is not the one and only armor.

We also now have end-game such as raids and many T4/meta map events, and the mastery system makes the game more interesting.

Oh- also Open world difficulty is not designed for 5 year olds anymore, yay!

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

No. This was more money. Less content. And can you expect a Wvw player to be happy? Nope. It hurts but we need some time apart.

Pancakes
Thief

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

nope, got it from a different site for €32,- and had no beta access because of that, but i rather play no beta then pay a full game’s price.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

If it didn’t feel so much like a DLC rather than an expansion like HoT does, then yeah.

Posted by: Raziel.4216

Raziel.4216

warbignime.4610 You can whiteknight all you want, lots of people here thinks it is a grind not to mention the 1-2 hour commitment which has a fair chance to fail and clutter of bags sadly are just a bunch of Blues and Greens to a Meta event

GW2 does feel more like a WoW Clone now. Thanks for pointing that out good sir.

Who are these “lots of people” ? on a game with over 7m accounts, at least 3.5m paid accounts, a “lot of people” would have to be HUGE to represent a significant amount of the population.
Can you provide a source for these “lots of people” who think it’s a grind?

If not, then I’ll follow your claim with “lots of people think it’s not a grind, they’re busy playing”

If Legend of Zelda came out tomorrow, the usual
forum dwellers would go nuts about the need to
“grind” to get exp, new swords, new potions etc

Posted by: Annika.7084

Annika.7084

Nope, because this so called expansion have put too many Thorns in my Heart.

It has nothing to do with Guild Wars 2. It’s a Meteroidvania Nintendo style added and I personally don’t like that type of game. Fool I was to pre-order, only to now feel cheated.

Lesson learned….

Posted by: Fadhli.9086

Fadhli.9086

Definitely yes for me. Every game has bad kinks and I’m sure they’ll iron them out. So current “unhappiness over certain class, maps, rewards, AP etc” won’t affect my judgement for purchase, that’s for sure.

Chieftain Snuffy – Guardian
Founder | Smaash Gaming Community

Posted by: AlphaDelilas.2873

AlphaDelilas.2873

I’m honestly really torn because for me the content is on such opposite sides of the spectrum- it’s either really great or baffling how it got past being a passing thought. I also don’t really trust ANet since they sort of randomly decided they want in on the whole “esports” thing. They refuse to balance PvP and PvE differently and it’s always been a problem, but now if they really push PvP I fear PvE is going to have a lot of issues.

ANet would need to really show me that they are working on fixing the things to have me pre-purchase the next x-pac.