legendary armor...

legendary armor...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

In the end anet will decide who they want playing there game.People who spend money who actually will never be capable of doing raids due to disability’s.but i think it will take more than the dozen new players you mention to make up the £3000 uk iv put in to this game in the last year.Time will tell.

legendary armor...

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

In the end anet will decide who they want playing there game.People who spend money who actually will never be capable of doing raids due to disability’s.but i think it will take more than the dozen new players you mention to make up the £3000 uk iv put in to this game in the last year.Time will tell.

What do raids have to do with this? They could add multiple ways of getting that Legendary Armor, and they might well do it after the third wing is released and the actual playerbase completing those Raids is confirmed. I’m only saying that no such way should be available that uses only gold/gems/cash as currency. It’s very simple.

And you are clearly underestimating how many people want to play games to be rewarded and have fun rather than do endless grinding, farming and paying with cash. The first one is an actual game, the second is like a job.

legendary armor...

eldrin.6471

They made a promise at pax south that no new tiers of gear would be added as they did not want to have gear grind in the game and invalidate all our hard work.They then added a gear grind for legendary armor and as i see it invalidate my ascended armor sets.
I spend real money to cut down on grinding mats so i can do the content i like and am able to do.Now if at some point they add another way that i and others for various cant do raids can start this gear grind treadmill for legendary armor that will lesson the blow to me.But it wont make what was said at pax south true.

legendary armor...

maddoctor.2738

They made a promise at pax south that no new tiers of gear would be added as they did not want to have gear grind in the game and invalidate all our hard work.They then added a gear grind for legendary armor and as i see it invalidate my ascended armor sets.
I spend real money to cut down on grinding mats so i can do the content i like and am able to do.Now if at some point they add another way that i and others for various cant do raids can start this gear grind treadmill for legendary armor that will lesson the blow to me.But it wont make what was said at pax south true.

Legendary armor doesn’t have higher stats than Ascended. And without proper legendary runes it’s not worth it anyway, different stats require different runes. And besides that, how many Ascended sets would you really need that use the exact same Runes? Not many, I’d guess.

You are just being mad about them putting legendary armor behind the raids and try to find excuses. Legendary armor doesn’t invalidate your hard work, did Legendary weapons invalidate your work? If that was the case everyone would be asking for legendary weapons as requirements but nobody does. And Legendary weapons cost 20 times the cost of ascended weapons so I don’t get what you are saying here really.

And judging by tier1 there is hardly any “Grind” with Legendary armors, not much to repeat yet.

legendary armor...

eldrin.6471

How meany times do i need to say it?at pax south we got a promise of no gear grind and no new tiers.They gave us both.if legendary were not considered better than ascended ie a higher tier then no one would put in that extra 20x the work you suggest.This is a complaint about a company that just plain lies and then does 180 after they get your money.That im sure this will turn round and bite them on the kitten .

(edited by eldrin.6471)

legendary armor...

maddoctor.2738

How meany times do i need to say it?at pax south we got a promise of no gear grind and no new tiers.They gave us both.if legendary were not considered better than ascended ie a higher tier then no one would put in that extra 20x the work you suggest.This is a complaint about a company that just plain lies and then does 180 after they get your money.That im sure this will turn round and bite them on the kitten .

And they delivered what they said. Legendary tier was already in the game. Oh and there is no gear grind to get that Legendary armor. So I don’t know what you are on anymore, you are just salty because you spend loads of cash and you think you are entitled to everything. You are NOT special get over it.

legendary armor...

eldrin.6471

There was no legendary armor in the game pre hot,that tier and gear treadmill was added with hot inspite of promises at pax south this would not happen.No worries il pay to join groups doing the raids 350-450g. but that dont change the fact anet are not above deception to get more money from us.Probably working as intended 5% can do the raids the rest buy gems to pay to get them done.

legendary armor...

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

People paying money was the biggest problem guild wars 2 had?
Problem for who? anet or you.
you do get this game dont you?

The game being build around the cash-shop was the biggest problem for the game.

legendary armor...

eldrin.6471

Why you playing a game that had a cash shop from day one? and why does anet allow the abuse of players who use that legitimate game mechanic on there own forums.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

legendary armor...

Devata.6589

Why you playing a game that had a cash shop from day one? and why does anet allow the abuse of players who use that legitimate game mechanic on there own forums.

Having a cash-shop is something else as focusing on it. GW1 was known for it’s B2P model and did in fact make little use of it’s cash-shop. (IT did focus on expansions to make money)

GW2 was released as B2P game and was doing reasonable the first half year (really, only the fact that all mini’s where in the cash-shop was a problem). After that they did go to much to the cash-shop focus.
Then with the announcement of raids and F2P and so on, Colin even came on stage and told how great B2P was.

So I am trying to play a B2P game, as that has been sold to me.

The question should be.. if you want a cash-shop game, why do you play GW2?

Not sure who is getting abused, but thinking you are special because you spend cash on the cash-shop is a little silly.

legendary armor...

eldrin.6471

Maybe when some one from anet comes down from up high and tells me that i have been a bit silly spending my money on there cash shop il take that on board.I payed good honest money to help get me my best in slot gear and im not happy they took that away after a pack of lies at pax south.Sure a lot of players who cant aford to spend what i can on the game dont want me not having to do the same amount of grind as them.I used the systems that were in the game to get what i got.you dont like it tough.

legendary armor...

maddoctor.2738

Because when the game was released the gem store wasn’t like it is today. You didn’t have to CRAFT your gear, you got it from multiple ways (Exotic). Even when trinkets were released there was a non-grind way of getting them too, play Fractals, play guild missions, WvW etc. There were no Legendary weapons for sale on the TP either.

Gradually they made it so you had to craft to make your Ascended, or you had to wait for that RNG drop to get Armor/Weapons. It wasn’t until Ascended Armor/Weapons were added that the game changed in direction.

The Legendary tier was in the game at release. Sure there wasn’t any Legendary armor but the gear tier was there and it was the natural evolution over the previous tier, no higher stats, just the convenience to switch stats when you want.

legendary armor...

eldrin.6471

Legendary armor tier and the gear treadmill we were promised at pax south would not happen did not exist pre hot.

legendary armor...

maddoctor.2738

Legendary armor tier and the gear treadmill we were promised at pax south would not happen did not exist pre hot.

Legendary tier existed. Legendary armor didn’t, many people were already speculating that we would get Legendary armor someday in the future (or Legendary trinkets) even before Lost Shores was released and Ascended didn’t exist.

And what gear treadmill? As explained already in this thread, you don’t need Legendary armor for anything, it doesn’t have better stats and since you can’t swap the Runes their usefulness is even lower. And they cost way more than multiple sets of Ascended anyway. You are making it sound as if you can’t do anything without Legendary armor or that it’s higher stats than Ascended.

If Legendary was an actual gear treadmill on all those videos and raid boss kills you’d see people using Legendary weapons. But you don’t see that, do you? If Legendary is such a must why doesn’t everyone doing Raids have one?

legendary armor...

eldrin.6471

since i have put £3000 and over 3k hrs il not be leaving something im so invested in
and what right may i ask have you to be asking/telling anyone to leave this game?
This my friend is a forum were i am entitled as are you to express my opinions.
if you are adverse to the opinions of others then maybe the forums are not the place for you.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

legendary armor...

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

What do raids have to do with this? They could add multiple ways of getting that Legendary Armor, and they might well do it after the third wing is released and the actual playerbase completing those Raids is confirmed. I’m only saying that no such way should be available that uses only gold/gems/cash as currency. It’s very simple.

And you are clearly underestimating how many people want to play games to be rewarded and have fun rather than do endless grinding, farming and paying with cash. The first one is an actual game, the second is like a job.

As usual, I almost agree with you. Almost. What is a job for me(raids), is a fun activity for you. Do you really think that it is fair, funny or just economically makes sense that less skilled players or those unintersted in being the best players are dependent on alms to get legendary armor after the chosen few have competed the raids? It was wrong with thew fractal backpack years ago, and now it is wrong with legendary armor. I got my fractal backpack early because i loved doing them, but I could sympathize with those who did not want to spend so much time in fractals to collect over 1K in currency just for the standard exotic backpiece.

Maybe you underestimate how many people run into a raid, fail a few times and then give up either on raids or the entire game? I am as smart as you in this question, only time will tell.

legendary armor...

maddoctor.2738

since i have put £3000 and over 3k hrs il not be leaving something im so invested in
and what right may i ask have you to be asking/telling anyone to leave this game?
This my friend is a forum were i am entitled as are you to express my opinions.
if you are adverse to the opinions of others then maybe the forums are not the place for you.

You putting money in the game doesn’t mean a thing. If the change in direction brings more happy people to the game then it’s a win for the game.

legendary armor...

maddoctor.2738

As usual, I almost agree with you. Almost. What is a job for me(raids), is a fun activity for you. Do you really think that it is fair, funny or just economically makes sense that less skilled players or those unintersted in being the best players are dependent on alms to get legendary armor after the chosen few have competed the raids? It was wrong with thew fractal backpack years ago, and now it is wrong with legendary armor. I got my fractal backpack early because i loved doing them, but I could sympathize with those who did not want to spend so much time in fractals to collect over 1K in currency just for the standard exotic backpiece.

Do you really think that it is fair, funny or just economically makes sense that people who have 3k to waste in the game can get any item they want? Do you think it’s good for a game to be about finding the best farm spot and not having fun? Or for some reason you believe that those who are doing those mindless farms are enjoying the game? No they are not, they try to get their items as fast as possible and that’s it. Why should the game be about players who don’t want to play the game but instead stand still and use real life currency to pay up?

And we have a very different opinion on what a job actually is I guess.

Maybe you underestimate how many people run into a raid, fail a few times and then give up either on raids or the entire game? I am as smart as you in this question, only time will tell.

Give up on the entire game because they fail the Raid? What have those people been doing the last 3 years? It’s like saying that someone who doesn’t PVP in his life in any game, suddenly plays a ranked match in PVP loses and quits the game. Does that make sense to you?

legendary armor...

eldrin.6471

before hot guild wars 2 was a home and refuge to all.you didnt need to be top % great players to get best in slot.Geting good ltp isn’t an option for me i have a rare condition on top of other problems called devics disease and this has left me with 25% sight in my left eye and blind in the other.Im not seeking sympathy just that anet dont slap me in the face and live up to there promises.

legendary armor...

maddoctor.2738

before hot guild wars 2 was a home and refuge to all.you didnt need to be top % great players to get best in slot.Geting good ltp isn’t an option for me i have a rare condition on top of other problems called devics disease and this has left me with 25% sight in my left eye and blind in the other.Im not seeking sympathy just that anet dont slap me in the face and live up to there promises.

And the game still is. Best in slot is still Ascended. And let me ask you one different question since you talk so much about best in slot. Where would you use that best in slot if don’t care to play any “high tier” game mode? What do you need it for? Even if you say Legendary allows you to switch stats so it’s better, which type of content would you do that it requires you to swap your stats???? The only piece of content that requires multiple gear stats is raiding, which you won’t do, so what do you need that Legendary armor for?

legendary armor...

Torolan.5816

Please don´t exaggerate that much. I am not a fan of raids and did not ask for them but like to do various other things in GW2 where I am also willing to invest time an effort into stuff I like.

But If people chose to hand their paycheck over to anet, it is of no concern to me. Neither you or I are forced to do it to have fun in the game. What is probably the difference between us in that question is that I don´t pay attention to what my neighbor is or has. What is of concern to me is that Anet choose to hide an item I would like to have behind a specific content I dislike. And it is also of no concern to me if the rune swaps with it or not as I don´t min-max my builds.

And maybe people realize they have hit the glasswall for this or that reason and see no use in playing the casual game they are used too anymore? It is quite a difference if people realize that they are not the best players or only have a vague idea about it. Raids are a part of PvE, the core game of GW2. It is one thing to suck in a niche part of the game like PvP. If you suck at the core game, you probably begin to think if it really makes sense if you go on playing it.

legendary armor...

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Say it all you want. You’re interpretation of what that means doesn’t make sense.

legendary armor...

Devata.6589

Maybe when some one from anet comes down from up high and tells me that i have been a bit silly spending my money on there cash shop il take that on board.I payed good honest money to help get me my best in slot gear and im not happy they took that away after a pack of lies at pax south.Sure a lot of players who cant aford to spend what i can on the game dont want me not having to do the same amount of grind as them.I used the systems that were in the game to get what i got.you dont like it tough.

Funny thing is we seem t be on opposite sides of each other. But in a way we aren’t.. In fact you proof everything I have been saying the last 2,5 years and disproof everything those opposite of me have been saying to me.

Besides there is a difference between can effort and want to effort. What do you do for a living?

What I want is simply that that grind is not this grind, but game-play. Game-play I then want to play, because that is why I buy a game, to play it. I don’t buy a game to then buy items in it. Kinda removes the game-play from a game, don’t you think?

Btw, I personally don’t consider a cash-shop an ingame-system. It’s more like a separate system that you can access from in the game.

(edited by Devata.6589)

legendary armor...

maddoctor.2738

Please don´t exaggerate that much. I am not a fan of raids and did not ask for them but like to do various other things in GW2 where I am also willing to invest time an effort into stuff I like.

I didn’t say that people who play the raid and fail quit the game.

But If people chose to hand their paycheck over to anet, it is of no concern to me. Neither you or I are forced to do it to have fun in the game. What is probably the difference between us in that question is that I don´t pay attention to what my neighbor is or has. What is of concern to me is that Anet choose to hide an item I would like to have behind a specific content I dislike. And it is also of no concern to me if the rune swaps with it or not as I don´t min-max my builds.

You are wrong. If the game is built around the gem to gold conversion then we get to where we are now. Everything is gotten through crafting and to craft you need an insane amount of materials, so you either grind, farm or pay cash. Making everything available with cash is exactly what makes the game feel like a grind in the first place. I don’t care what my neighbor has either. I care only to allow those items to be acquired through playing the game and not through farming/grinding/cash because that in the long run hurts me too.

It ruins MY play experience when the game doesn’t have items to go for, and instead put everything behind endless RNG,Grind and crafting. Let me ask it this way, if it was sellable on the Gem store why would Anet even bother to make the Raid in the first place?

And maybe people realize they have hit the glasswall for this or that reason and see no use in playing the casual game they are used too anymore? It is quite a difference if people realize that they are not the best players or only have a vague idea about it. Raids are a part of PvE, the core game of GW2. It is one thing to suck in a niche part of the game like PvP. If you suck at the core game, you probably begin to think if it really makes sense if you go on playing it.

WvW is part of PVP but they are fundamentally different. Would you say that a PVP player going to WvW and failing would quit the game? Or a WvW player playing in ranked arena and failing would quit the game?

Raids are in PVE yes but that doesn’t mean anything, PVE isn’t only one game type and it shouldn’t be treated as such. There are dungeons, fractals, raids, meta events, world bosses, a lot of different things to do in PVE, someone who is good at one, doesn’t mean will be good at all of them, and why should it? Farming World Bosses all day won’t make you a dungeon player, nor doing fractals will make you a Raid expert.

And if you want, in PVP we have solo queue, party queue, ranked, unranked, farm servers. Being good at one, doesn’t make you good at all the others. Same with PVE, so please that “Raids is part of PVE” doesn’t make any sense.

legendary armor...

eldrin.6471

And the game still is. Best in slot is still Ascended. And let me ask you one different question since you talk so much about best in slot. Where would you use that best in slot if don’t care to play any “high tier” game mode? What do you need it for? Even if you say Legendary allows you to switch stats so it’s better, which type of content would you do that it requires you to swap your stats???? The only piece of content that requires multiple gear stats is raiding, which you won’t do, so what do you need that Legendary armor for?

I will use it to show off my best in slot gear like everyone else does.this is a dress up game dont you know that.I put in a lot of time and effort for that best in slot bragging rights gear.And anet made a promise id get to keep that best in slot gear at pax south as they didn’t want a gear treadmill.bullkitten and lies.In my opinion and im sure others will share it, if you have two pieces of gear one ascended the other legendary what peice would you think best to put in a free slot.now i say thats obviously legendary.
Ie best in slot.If this is indeed not the case why do so meny go to all that effort if legendary is not superior in every way but stats in a game stats dont relay matter much.This game is all about appearance fashion wars 2.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

legendary armor...

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I wish they locked legendary behind legendary pvp at this point. How the tears would flow…

Effort = reward. You want that legendary prestige item. You earn it.

legendary armor...

eldrin.6471

earn it? how long does it take to earn £3000.or do you mean real work like playing games lol

legendary armor...

xarallei.4279

You can’t throw money at this dear and expect to have everything handed to you. You have to work for it. This isn’t China. Honest, why bother playing video games if not to actually PLAY the game? You aren’t even really playing. Just throwing money to get digital goods. Why bother? You should not be able to faceroll your way to prestige items or throw money around to get them. That takes away the prestige.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

legendary armor...

Torolan.5816

I didn’t say that people who play the raid and fail quit the game.

You are wrong. If the game is built around the gem to gold conversion then we get to where we are now. Everything is gotten through crafting and to craft you need an insane amount of materials, so you either grind, farm or pay cash. Making everything available with cash is exactly what makes the game feel like a grind in the first place. I don’t care what my neighbor has either. I care only to allow those items to be acquired through playing the game and not through farming/grinding/cash because that in the long run hurts me too.

It ruins MY play experience when the game doesn’t have items to go for, and instead put everything behind endless RNG,Grind and crafting. Let me ask it this way, if it was sellable on the Gem store why would Anet even bother to make the Raid in the first place?

WvW is part of PVP but they are fundamentally different. Would you say that a PVP player going to WvW and failing would quit the game? Or a WvW player playing in ranked arena and failing would quit the game?

Raids are in PVE yes but that doesn’t mean anything, PVE isn’t only one game type and it shouldn’t be treated as such. There are dungeons, fractals, raids, meta events, world bosses, a lot of different things to do in PVE, someone who is good at one, doesn’t mean will be good at all of them, and why should it? Farming World Bosses all day won’t make you a dungeon player, nor doing fractals will make you a Raid expert.

And if you want, in PVP we have solo queue, party queue, ranked, unranked, farm servers. Being good at one, doesn’t make you good at all the others. Same with PVE, so please that “Raids is part of PVE” doesn’t make any sense.

I did not say that they enter once, fail and then ragequit. I did say they try it multiple times, fail and don´t come back to try again. Would you return to a game where you are only a B+ customer by design after starting as an A customer like everyone else? HTFU or GTFO, isn´t that the mantra of raiders? I have read it often enough on this and other message boards. Which other part of PvE offers a glass wall?

You are looking for challenging content, right? I suppose you don´t buy stuff with your credit card but try to achieve them with your own work. Then the progress of those who choose the credit card should be of no concern to you anyway as you have the chance to get all what they have by your own work. If this is not your motivation and you are looking for bragging rights, I can´t help you with that. With the inevitable carrying of people into raids at some point, your work is going to be invalidated anyway in the not so far future.

legendary armor...

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

People are crying because game is not pay 2 win. Amazing.

legendary armor...

xarallei.4279

To be fair, it’s only one person. Thank god. Most people don’t think that throwing money around means they should get everything.

legendary armor...

eldrin.6471

pay to win? people on these forums are saying its just a skin.i worked hard and payed a lot to get what i got.and was promised at pax south my best in slot now would always be best inslot. legendary suppers-eds ascended in every way and will be the new best in slot armor.they took my money and they lied.i want at least a fair way i can get it.i payed more than my fair share in to this game and that entitles me to at least a chance to have something to work for if they cant keep promises.we cant all be pros and do raids.

legendary armor...

xarallei.4279

The only deception is in your mind eldrin.

legendary armor...

maddoctor.2738

I did not say that they enter once, fail and then ragequit. I did say they try it multiple times, fail and don´t come back to try again. Would you return to a game where you are only a B+ customer by design after starting as an A customer like everyone else? HTFU or GTFO, isn´t that the mantra of raiders? I have read it often enough on this and other message boards. Which other part of PvE offers a glass wall?

What are you talking about? Because you fail some type of content on an MMORPG you’ll rage quit a game completely? Are you kidding me? It’s not like the rest of the game disappeared or there is nothing else to do in the game. Have you ever took part in a PTS PVP league? I haven’t because I know I can’t compete on that level, do I have to quit PVP because of it? Please get serious.

You are looking for challenging content, right? I suppose you don´t buy stuff with your credit card but try to achieve them with your own work. Then the progress of those who choose the credit card should be of no concern to you anyway as you have the chance to get all what they have by your own work. If this is not your motivation and you are looking for bragging rights, I can´t help you with that. With the inevitable carrying of people into raids at some point, your work is going to be invalidated anyway in the not so far future.

You really don’t get it, do you? When they add things that you can buy with a credit card they don’t add things behind content. There is no reason to. If you add a way to get something through grinding/farming or paying with cash, the exact same thing will never appear in other more challenging types of content.

You know why? Because we already have the “Which is the best gold per hour in the game?” mentality and that won’t change. Allowing players to get the items through a credit card AND from a raid, by default makes the raid worthless. It doesn’t have to do with bragging rights.

legendary armor...

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

pay to win? people on these forums are saying its just a skin.i worked hard and payed a lot to get what i got.and was promised at pax south my best in slot now would always be best inslot. legendary suppers-eds ascended in every way and will be the new best in slot armor.they took my money and they lied.i want at least a fair way i can get it.i payed more than my fair share in to this game and that entitles me to at least a chance to have something to work for if they cant keep promises.we cant all be pros and do raids.

No one asked you to put in 3k. It was YOUR decision to put it, and you didn’t bought any rights with it or share of the company. You still don’t understand. As others said countless times, Legendary has the same stats as Ascended. What you get as a plus is stat change on the fly and the skin. Nothing more.

Edit: And if you can’t wait for other acquisition methods, your problem, leave and come back later is always an option.

(edited by Zalman.8719)

legendary armor...

eldrin.6471

Ask 100 players if they had a legendary bit of gear and an ascended what one would they think best to put in a free slot. This discussion is beyond stupid.not one of them would pick ascended over legendary.Ie best in slot.

legendary armor...

maddoctor.2738

Ask 100 players if they had a legendary bit of gear and an ascended what one would they think best to put in a free slot. This discussion is beyond stupid.not one of them would pick ascended over legendary.Ie best in slot.

Then why are loads of people who are actually finishing raids using Ascended weapons and not Legendary? They must be doing it wrong.

legendary armor...

xarallei.4279

We’ve explained countless times about how legendary and ascended are the same stats. What it comes down to is that he wants a prestige item. He even said before he wants the “bragging rights” that come along with it. Only he doesn’t want to put the work in it and wants to pay his way to prestige. It has nothing to do with work being invalidated, we’ve already proven time and time again how wrong he is on this point. He wants the shinies. End of story.

legendary armor...

xarallei.4279

Then why are loads of people who are actually finishing raids using Ascended weapons and not Legendary? They must be doing it wrong.

Yeah it’s funny how I’m not seeing in the lfg, “LF2M LEGENDARIES ONLY.”

Now I see groups asking for “full ascended.” But never legendaries. Never.

legendary armor...

eldrin.6471

most consumers are happy to fork out a small fortune for sweet f all and not complain.
iv put the work into this game 163 mastery points.Everything i can do i have done.grind i can grind.but im blind in one eye and 6/52 in the other. raids are not possible for me. I ask anet to give choices like they always did. not lock it were only a few% can get it.my complaint is with anet and support sends me here.i have nothing to convince or to prove to no one on these forums.Apparently the devs read them and thats who im talking to.so if you dont like what im saying jog on buy.

legendary armor...

Torolan.5816

What are you talking about? Because you fail some type of content on an MMORPG you’ll rage quit a game completely? Are you kidding me? It’s not like the rest of the game disappeared or there is nothing else to do in the game. Have you ever took part in a PTS PVP league? I haven’t because I know I can’t compete on that level, do I have to quit PVP because of it? Please get serious.

You really don’t get it, do you? When they add things that you can buy with a credit card they don’t add things behind content. There is no reason to. If you add a way to get something through grinding/farming or paying with cash, the exact same thing will never appear in other more challenging types of content.

You know why? Because we already have the “Which is the best gold per hour in the game?” mentality and that won’t change. Allowing players to get the items through a credit card AND from a raid, by default makes the raid worthless. It doesn’t have to do with bragging rights.

Is there an item which you can replace legendary armor with in other parts of PvE? Not adequately substitute like ascended armor, but replace piece by piece? It is my firm opinion that everything that is not a skin or booster and exclusive and accessible through only one way is a wrong design, regardless of my demand or need of the item. I am sorry if this rubs you the wrong way, but if hiding real items behind a raid is necessary to make it popular, it is an unpopular game mode from the get go.

If you can´t compete in PvP it is because you, like me, are not good enough to play at the highest echelons. But again, PvE is not PvP. Anet has no control over PvPers and how much of a challenge they pose or how accessible they are. But they have this choice in PvE.

People can buy their way in on legendary armor at some point, so I really don´t understand your position. It is inevitable that in some months some jokers will have bought that which you valiantly battled for by getting carried. The noble cause to keep reward = effort is as hopeless as the battle of Anet for Esports or their unrelenting quest of pleasing the unpleasable raiders crowd.

legendary armor...

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

most consumers are happy to fork out a small fortune for sweet f all and not complain.

No, they’re not. Most people complain if they have to pay anything beyond the purchase price, and a few complain about even that. The vast majority of consumers would rather get the shinies from actually playing the game, even if they themselves will never get it.

legendary armor...

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

iv put the work into this game 163 mastery points.Everything i can do i have done.grind i can grind.but im blind in one eye and 6/52 in the other. raids are not possible for me. I ask anet to give choices like they always did. not lock it were only a few% can get it.my complaint is with anet and support sends me here.i have nothing to convince or to prove to no one on these forums.Apparently the devs read them and thats who im talking to.so if you dont like what im saying jog on buy.

Still, you can ask for help or if you wait more, ppl might sell it like dungeons or might get another method to get the armor but if you’re ascended, you won’t lose anything other than the shiny and swap change.

legendary armor...

maddoctor.2738

Is there an item which you can replace legendary armor with in other parts of PvE? Not adequately substitute like ascended armor, but replace piece by piece?

Ascended can replace Legendary just fine. See comments above about how “important” that legendary is. If Legendary was THAT important it would’ve been a requirement but it’s not, and for good reason because it’s not more powerful than Ascended.

But they have this choice in PvE.

What choice? To keep everything doable by everyone? That’s not a choice. That’s just dumbing down the game to the lowest common player, see what that would do to the community.

People can buy their way in on legendary armor at some point, so I really don´t understand your position.

It’s different if some people “buy” their way in Legendary armor by using the content that gives it (getting carried) and designing the game in a way that allows everyone to get that Legendary armor by doing anything they want. In the first case some players develop some skill to carry bad players, in the second case raids won’t even exist. I don’t understand what you can’t understand really.

legendary armor...

Torolan.5816

So it is ok when some people reach the reward through the backdoor someone else opened for them, but it is not ok when people that don´t like raids ask for an alternative method to obtain the reward?
Either a content is optional or not, Pick your choice if raids are mandatory or not.

And I also feel that we are back at step one from some months ago when raids were anounced. You are ok with them hiding something behind one special content, I am not. And once again the alternative would be items that have the same properties but different skins to keep everyone not happy but satisfied, the lowest common nominator you mentioned.

legendary armor...

xarallei.4279

Oh I don’t agree with the idea of selling raids and carrying people. But there is really nothing Anet can do to control that unfortunately. They can control whether legendaries are BoA or BoE though and prevent them from being sold on the tp.

I don’t disagree with the idea of offering a different skin of legendary armor through some other collection unrelated to raiding. I just disagree with the idea of it being purchasable with money and/or sharing the same skin as the raid one.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

legendary armor...

maddoctor.2738

So it is ok when some people reach the reward through the backdoor someone else opened for them, but it is not ok when people that don´t like raids ask for an alternative method to obtain the reward?

That backdoor needs to exist first. We don’t know if (or when) that backdoor will appear. And no it’s not OK to have it but it’s better than the alternative. The alternative is to not have anything remotely challenging in the game, because some people might not be able to do it, are you ok with that? Because I’m not. This game should appeal to a lot of different people that includes players who want more challenge. Why make a game only for the lowest possible skill level? It doesn’t make sense.

Either a content is optional or not, Pick your choice if raids are mandatory or not.

Getting that legendary armor is also optional.

And I also feel that we are back at step one from some months ago when raids were anounced. You are ok with them hiding something behind one special content, I am not. And once again the alternative would be items that have the same properties but different skins to keep everyone not happy but satisfied, the lowest common nominator you mentioned.

And I never said no to that. I said no to getting them using cash/gold. If someone is incapable of actually playing this game then excuse me they shouldn’t have all the rewards handed to them because they can pay loads of cash.

legendary armor...

xarallei.4279

Yeah, Torolan. I don’t think anyone here is opposed to alternative ways of getting some kind of legendary armor. We are opposed to people buying their way to getting that armor. Just because you can throw a lot of money around doesn’t mean you deserve everything in the game. That’s just very wrong on so many levels to me.

legendary armor...

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

Legendary armor is pure prestige and convenience compared to ascended. If you can’t afford to raid, then you don’t deserve it, simple.

legendary armor...

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

That is not relevant and it doesn’t really make any point here. Realistically, if someone had an ascended already made, there is very little reason for them to pursue Legendary in the same slot, EVEN if they wanted a difference stat on that slot. I’m going to assume that if Legendary crafting is as intensive in mats/time on armor as it is for weapons compared to Ascended, then it would make MUCH more sense to simple craft another Ascended piece with the stats they desire instead of the Legendary set.

Clearly, you think that we are idiots in how you answer and ‘discuss’ with people. Rather, it’s obtuse to claim everyone that doesn’t agree with you is engaging in a ‘beyond stupid discussion’; those people understand the differences for crafting and the practical between Ascended and Legendary.

(edited by Obtena.7952)