Jumping Feedback Thread

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Not all of us want to play a platform jumping game. As I’m a little older than average, perhaps this sort of leaping about (the sort a 6 year old might enjoy endlessly) gets tiresome really fast.

And once again the mobs, etc drop nothing, all rewards are tied to event completion, which I consider a step backwards.

The entrance quest seems designed for zerk warriors/guards, and the tedious mumblings of the NPCs add nothing, especially as you can’t skip through them to some action. Again, nothing drops from the mobs, and the boss mob spawns lots of little adds that are very easy for a zerk warrior to use stability and wipe them but not so much fun on more balanced builds.

Hopefully LS2 will progress past Jump Puzzle 2 and contain some actual content that doesn’t involve using crystals to jump about and mobs that drop nothing.

Guess the feedback from the completely dead Pavilion didn’t reach them in time…

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

(edited by Moderator)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Let me get this straight. You take one of the most flawed elements of the game (jumping), combine it with an as equally flawed game mechanic (aspects) and make it a core part of traversing the open world map?

I mean didn’t you get enough complaints about those things already? When people complained about the missing jumping ability in GW1 they actually only wanted a way to easily get pass small obstacles. No one asked for a jumping simulator (you wish).

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Well, certainly not everyone agrees with you. I like jumping and have been looking forward to new jumping puzzles. I also like the aspects.

I don’t see either as flawed. That is purely your opinion.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

I am with jheryn on this one. I am really looking forward to the new zone and having to jump and use aspects to explore it. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Hjorje

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’d like it if jumping were an option. However, it’s the only way to proceed. If you have bad latency, it would hypothetically be completely impossible to access the rest of the zone simply because the lightning leap has leashing issues.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Actually they got far from complaints about the Aspects, people overall seemed to love them back at the Bazaar (both the first time and the second).

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Actually they got far from complaints about the Aspects, people overall seemed to love them back at the Bazaar (both the first time and the second).

Actually you have no stats to back that up, it’s just your opinion (which is fine) but don’t present an opinion as a fact. People disliked them too.
I went into the LS2 right away and was presented with this (IMHO) jumping/aspect crap, tried it and left.
Will try it again after all the guides come out so I don’t have to waste my time with silly jumping to access the map further.
+1 to OP

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Eggman.1405

Eggman.1405

Well, you can imagine that the number of complaints is small because the Bazaar is a minor event. I despise the jumping in GW2… mostly because you can easily die when you fail, partly for all the longer jump sequences that force you to start over from jump #1 if you miss jump #100. However, I wouldn’t complain about the Bazaar because if I don’t jump there, I’m just missing access to stuff I can probably get elsewhere. If I can’t even traverse a map zone without having to literally jump through hoops, that’s a different issue.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Actually you have no stats to back that up, it’s just your opinion (which is fine) but don’t present an opinion as a fact. People disliked them too.
I went into the LS2 right away and was presented with this (IMHO) jumping/aspect crap, tried it and left.
Will try it again after all the guides come out so I don’t have to waste my time with silly jumping to access the map further.
+1 to OP

I have never present it as fact. But if you actually look at these forums (which for some reason are always an acceptable source when it comes to people disliking stuff) the majority of posts about them were positive.
I also said SEEMED which would suggest that I based it on what I had seen not stating it as an absolute fact.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I do read he forums and my take on the opinions expressed in the forums SEEMED to be complete opposite to yours. LOL

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Exploring the Bazaar with the aspects was a lot of fun. Having a limited number of jumps was not. Long trains of jumps are not fun either.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: thuras.4537

thuras.4537

I’m not playing an MMO to do jumping puzzles. I have platform games for those.
I get no fun out of them and I normally avoid them.
Having jumping stuff in the game as an option for those who like it is fine by me, ther is loads of stuff to do besides the jumping and puzzling.
Forcing the jumping/ aspects upon people as the only way to explore the map is another thing which I really dislike.

Seeing a Charr burn gives a whole new perspective to the word charcoal

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

I have always had a problem with jumping in games,(I can’t jump) and and find it extremely unfair that so much GW2 content is tied to jumping.
Now I find out that the Living Story Season 2 is going to force me to have to use all the Zephyrite jumping skills?!? That is just horribly unfair.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Sorry, OP, I’m definitely not in agreement with you.

As much as I dislike JPs, I loved the aspects. Moving around Cliffs has always been a blast for me, and I think at one point I mentioned that it would be cool to have some of these available ‘out in the world.’ And now we have it. I’m all atwitter with excitement.

I fully expect to fall on my head and die…..repeatedly, but I’ll have fun doing it!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Elden Arnaas.4870

<sorry, this needs to be moved to livingworld/s2 forum, can an Anet employee please help me with that?>

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

It requires very few uses of those skills.

With the same logic they can never release anything that requires timing, or fast reactions, or hearing, or color-vision or reading. Since there will always be people that can’t do some of that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Oh man I really hate jumping stuff. >_< Optional jps are ok, but requiring the aspects to move around the map is annoying to me.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Wanna cast my vote for the aspects and the new zone. Its beautiful, its has fun mechanics. Thanks Anet.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: CathShadow.9507

CathShadow.9507

I LOVE this new zone, and I LOVE the jumping, and the aspects.

LOVE!

Thanks Anet!

Hounds of Hades [HH] – Contact us for raid training!

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Elden Arnaas.4870

I have to agree with the people who dislike having jumping and aspects forced on us as the only way to progress in LS S2. I have no jumping ability, and this will effectively lock me out of LS S2. I started a thread about this in Living Story /Discussion, which may get moved here. Not trying to be redundant, I just posted it in the wrong place.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I don’t really mind the aspect/jumping part, but did we really need more of it? We already had around 2 months of it in Sanctum.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

aspects + lag = log off and play something else.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Boring event yet again., and jumping in this game is just akward when you fell throug alot thanks to all the tarrain issues/flaws. Same with teleports. You can’t teleport where even the symbol is green and you get your skill on cool down. This game is so bad. And they never seem to care about fixing it.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I have to agree with the people who dislike having jumping and aspects forced on us as the only way to progress in LS S2. I have no jumping ability, and this will effectively lock me out of LS S2. I started a thread about this in Living Story /Discussion, which may get moved here. Not trying to be redundant, I just posted it in the wrong place.

What about people that have slow reaction times? They have been having issues with more or less every release.
Or people that are colorblind might have had rather major issues with quite a few segments due to not seeing AoE circles and such.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

I might also jump if the map itself didn’t put my lappy on its knees with 8fps…
GG anet, always the best contents… /sarcasm

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

What about people that have slow reaction times? They have been having issues with more or less every release.
Or people that are colorblind might have had rather major issues with quite a few segments due to not seeing AoE circles and such.

So it’s ok to alienate more of their playerbase because they’ve been doing it before?

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Elden Arnaas.4870

I agree, the game should be more tolerant of lag, and there should be less “twitchy” content, and certainly there should be colorblind options.
Jumping and reaction time based stuff, should be optional. And once again, there should have been a color blind/high contrast display option at launch. Not having it almost 2 years after is just shameless.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Jack.1469

Jack.1469

I missed S1, so I’m wondering, what exactly is OP talking about? Are there jumping skills that I’ll need to pick up?

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

So it’s ok to alienate more of their playerbase because they’ve been doing it before?

Not really. I was simply talking about raging because a SINGLE RELEASE has a part that someone have an issue with is silly when the whole game has stuff that some people have issues with and always will.
It will be 100% impossible to do something that no-one will have issues with.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I was never a big fan of the aspects either, but I don’t mind too much.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

Not to sound rude or anything, but why are you playing a game that involves jumping, even in some boss fights, when you cant even jump? That’s like someone playing a FPS game with no mouse to aim with. The jumping part in the first part of the new area is hardly even that difficult aside from a few air jumps.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Not really. I was simply talking about raging because a SINGLE RELEASE has a part that someone have an issue with is silly when the whole game has stuff that some people have issues with and always will.
It will be 100% impossible to do something that no-one will have issues with.

What exactly are you talking about? Jumping problems are a day-one issue, aspects have been in the game for the last two months (not counting previous year).

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Elden Arnaas.4870

The point of the thread, is being forced to use jumping and aspects to progress in Living Story Season 2. It has gotten a little derailed by trolling.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’m not a fan of this map. It’s another stupid jumping puzzle on steroids with some story line built in, and it’s mostly unplayable for the last 20 minutes of each hour.

I’ve died more often tonight just trying to complete this map, than I would in an evening of playing WvW. I don’t play games for the pure joy of falling to my death.

I would like to get these recipes too, but the sheer numbers of geodes needed will turn this map into a full time job. But you know? Anet doesn’t make grindy games!

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I might also jump if the map itself didn’t put my lappy on its knees with 8fps…
GG anet, always the best contents… /sarcasm

Time to upgrade for both you and the OP.

I’d much rather they make fun content than pander there releases to computers that are barely capable of still running xp.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: SirusDibley.3716

SirusDibley.3716

jumping and aspects – the two things I detest most in this game , if I wanted to play Mario I would.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

The point of the thread, is being forced to use jumping and aspects to progress in Living Story Season 2. It has gotten a little derailed by trolling.

And several other releases over the years have FORCED swift reactions or color-vision. Things that can’t really be trained up (in case of colorblindness).
Jumping on the other hand CAN be trained and made possible.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Spoofy.8239

Spoofy.8239

I agree with you on this point.

I do understand that the GW team seem to think that cramming so much in is going to please everyone and in some small way it might.

However integrating all these aspects instead of keeping them separate is turning the game into one for those who can/like jumping hopping or puzzle challenges whilst leaving the rest of the players who prefer a good fight and exploration at the first jump area.

It is quite frustrating and the GW2 team need to re-think this.

I walked into the “New” area and my first thought was “Wait I have been here before” the only difference was that now I am on the ground trying to hop/skip/jump my way around whilst previously it was quite a long way up floating above an island.

So, in conclusion, this may be a great area for those who like to bounce around like a bunny on speed but for quite a lot of us this is just another one of those no go areas

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

I don’t mind them at all, I find they add a bit of flavor.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

The fact remains that it is fully possible to train up jumping ability and as such this is basically a non-issue. Especially since it is permanent.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by Moderator)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Elden Arnaas.4870

It’s not whether or not you “mind” or “like” them, it’s whether or not you can do them. If you can’t jump or do Zephyrite Aspects well, it effectively locks you out of Living Story Season 2.(Which is supposed to be for everyone at level 80.)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

The fact remains that it is fully possible to train up jumping ability and as such this is basically a non-issue. Especially since it is permanent.

TIL I can practice jumping so much that the leashing issues which all of the zephyrite skills have because I have 400 MS for living in Australia will go away if just GIT GUD!

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Moderator)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Elden Arnaas.4870

I’ve explained myself, and I’ve asked nicely. Please quit trying to derail this thread.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

It’s not whether or not you “mind” or “like” them, it’s whether or not you can do them. If you can’t jump or do Zephyrite Aspects well, it effectively locks you out of Living Story Season 2.(Which is supposed to be for everyone at level 80.)

But you CAN learn to do them. That’s the whole point. Nothing is making it impossible for you to do it, other than you deciding that you can’t do it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I don’t really like the timed aspect of the jumping by using the aspects. Nor the fact that it’s tied to exploring the zone.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: nerdbunny.1492

nerdbunny.1492

If you’ve ever had to play on the most minimally capable computer, you would know that jumping ability isn’t always trainable, it’s a software issue.

(edited by Moderator)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Syzygy.5031

Syzygy.5031

I posted in the First Impression thread my extreme disappointment at the forced JP in this zone. I have to entirely agree with the OP – it shouldn’t have been a compulsory gateway.

Zephyr Sanctum had the balance about right in that respect – the whole zone and event wasn’t locked and predicated on the jumping. If you didn’t like JPs you didn’t collect the crystals, but there were plenty of other things still available. The only bit you HAD to do was the very simple and obvious route to the top.

Maybe I’d hate them less if I hadn’t chosen a Charr as main with permanent JP camera issues.
Maybe I’d hate them less If I had a bunch of level 80 toons to choose from rather than preferring to run just one character.

As for:
“Jumping on the other hand CAN be trained and made possible.”
Games are meant to be fun. I don’t find platform or jumping games fun. Even slightly. So why would I train something I find phenomenally boring? That’s just punishment!

What about if it included a WvW stage to progress to the event map? I’d love that, but I know most wouldn’t. If you’re not good at pvp, well it can be trained you know…

Don’t get me wrong here – there’s nothing wrong with including them. Some people DO seem to like them after all, but to my mind making it the only route into the entire month’s event was a huge mistake.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: But you CAN learn to do them. – That is highly conditional. Some of us have high lag, which varies in intensity and is unpredictable. Some of us simply can’t jump.(I fall into both categories) Also, I didn’t say I hadn’t tried.(Which you seem to be implying)
And once again, please quit trying to derail this thread. Please start your own thread if you just want to argue with people.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

If you’ve ever had to play on the most minimally capable computer, you would know that jumping ability isn’t always trainable, it’s a software issue.

Actually if it is a minimally capable computer it would be a hardware issue, not software

If the computer fulfill the minimum requirements of the game (which might change over-time mind you) it should be fully possible to train it.
But since the player didn’t really seem to talk about having a bad computer but rather just being bad at jumping I would say that he could very much train up the ability.

IF the issue is with computer slowing down and such, lowering graphics to the very lowest should help quite a bit.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Elden Arnaas.4870

No matter how good a PC you do/do not have, the quality of your internet connection is often largely or completely out of your control.
Enjoyment of JP material is highly subjective.(and subject to many factors out of the players control) JP material should not be required to progress. Once again, I call troll. Please make a separate thread if you just want to fight with people. Please quit trying to derail this thread.