As a solo player i find this season the worst

in PvP

Posted by: Elia.7193

Elia.7193

I am not a pro but I am descent player, rank 80, 1k+ ranked games. I find this season very disappointing. I was stuck at last tier on emerald for two days due to win/loss/loss/win etc . Now I am stuck in sapphire for the same reason. The most of matches this season are way too imbalanced. Either win either lose will be 100+ points difference and in some cases 300 + . When the majority of games is like this there is something wrong with the matchmaking. We can not be great one game, terrible the next, great the next etc
Also this season more than any other the teammates are like they never played pvp before. Countless times people fighting off point when enemy has them all, zerging svanir because they find it way more important than capping, avoiding to go on point because *necro on point uses traps * (yes I saw this in sapphire and they were in disbelief when informed that necro doesn’t use traps), rushing alone in middle of 3-4 enemies (sorry you aren’t superman don’t do this) etc etc . In previous seasons still had teams like this but this season at least for me is most of the time.
Another issue is profession stacking. I know about queue times but have to deal with 3-4 necs or 3-4 trap spammers and same time have 2-3 thiefs in your team isn’t exactly balanced. In one occasion the opponent DH actually apologized ( bless ) for the op I can play while afk build. Before you comment that traps can be dodged just think that I can only dodge so many times while have to avoid double trapping and necs and same time trying to res the teammates that rushing into traps and getting downed
You making pvp very disappointing for solo players. It should be simple enough after 2 days to get some win streak enough to get a tier but is just not happening. I don’t want to resort to play a profession /build I don’t like just because is op and can give you pips. This is not skill, and is not fun

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

League progression is not a reward track.

in PvP

Elia.7193

what are you trying to say I don’t understand

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

He is trying to say that you are unable to progress because you are not good enough to do so, and that is working as intended.

Based on the fact that you called DH overpowered when they are actually the 8th worst class, I am likely to agree with that assessment.

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

what are you trying to say I don’t understand

He’s saying that you shouldn’t be able to climb by grinding out games

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

I can’t belive the guy above me just called DH the 8th worst class; just to show you how ignorant some of the so called good players are. What you are experiencing OP is due to the MM algorithm. What happens in T5 or T6 is that your chance of having a 5 vs 5 are very small.

in PvP

Celeras.4980

I can’t belive the guy above me just called DH the 8th worst class; just to show you how ignorant some of the so called good players are.

Easily. And it’s not even close.

Revenant, Scrapper, Chrono, Tempest, Reaper, Druid, DD, DH, Warrior. The bottom two are not arguable. Any of the others you could make a case for slight variations.

Being unable to recognize these kinds of things show why you belong at the bottom.

in PvP

Elia.7193

He is trying to say that you are unable to progress because you are not good enough to do so, and that is working as intended.

Based on the fact that you called DH overpowered when they are actually the 8th worst class, I am likely to agree with that assessment.

Typical, fast to judge without reading what I said. I am talking about profession stacking. Is easy to say that people don’t progress because aren’t good enough , but you don’t see the issues here

in PvP

Ruru.1302

I can’t belive the guy above me just called DH the 8th worst class; just to show you how ignorant some of the so called good players are. What you are experiencing OP is due to the MM algorithm. What happens in T5 or T6 is that your chance of having a 5 vs 5 are very small.

Or maybe you’re the ignorant one here? Ever consider that?

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Elia.7193

Some people seem to think that only pros deserve to be in pvp and progress in leagues. None is a pro at start, everyone gets better and better by playing . Making pvp unfun for the majority of the players and belittling whoever isn’t pro enough in your eyes doesn’t address the issues with matchmaking. You like it or not only few are really pros and would they like to be left alone because all rest will have enough and leave pvp?

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Of course I am, I am a socraterian by heart. But even I knows that DH isn’t the 8th worst class. And the rest, there is no need to bother…

in PvP

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

Elia, I am skeptical that MM is the problem. You seem to have some knowledge of good rotations/deployments, yet you are stuck in Sapphire. If you don’t mind my asking, what build(s) do you run? What role do you typically play with those builds? What is your strategy for carrying your team, and how to do you execute that strategy?

To answer the questions I posed to you:
1) For this season I main a hybrid reaper built to sustain/pressure in team fights. Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmWD7kZTocTszGwbTgeTs4NYUdgQQha6iFAiVxJwI4FE-TJxFABCt/AAXEg9LDkwTAAA
2) Role is team fighter, though the build can win 1v1s and can sustain 1v2 until help arrives.
3) I always try to head to the mid fight initially and help my team win that. I pressure the focus target and am always prepared to pop shroud and cleave on downed. I leverage my 2 health bars to survive focus fire, and I spread chill to as many enemies as possible. I have 2 condi transfers (anti necro tactics), as well as 2 additional single condi clears (for emergencies). I also have boon corruption with scepter AA which I use on eles and engis (and other classes with huge boon stacks) to pressure them.

Anyone can play my build, and anyone who masters it and uses it will carry up to Diamond at least. Class stacking is only an issue for people who refuse to adapt to the meta.

Once I got to legendary, I needed to get 10 wins on 2 other classes, so I also played Engi and DH, and was able to win 10 matches with those classes as well with a 60% win rate. So it doesn’t just require an OP FOTM build to win in Legendary.

in PvP

Posted by: myren.5490

myren.5490

Oh I disagree, this has been my favorite season so far, even with mesmer Nerf, I’ve been winning literally every match I play. Granted I’m in sapphire so maybe that’s why.

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

After season start i defended the system couse it supposed to work in theory. As soon as ANet modifyes MM-algo to search for team mates by pip range instead of MMR, it will work as it was intended.

Till it is this hard to win 1v2’s due to Downstate and faceroll&&high-reward builds carrying mechanically bad people w/o basick knowledge of rotations is harder than it should be. Releasing official tactics tutorials and toning down powercreep would help in this.

in PvP

Ruru.1302

Of course I am, I am a socraterian by heart. But even I knows that DH isn’t the 8th worst class. And the rest, there is no need to bother…

Tempest, Druid, Revenant, Scrapper, Reaper, Chrono are all objectively better than DH. There isn’t any room to argue here.

That leaves us with daredevil, berserker, and DH.

Its a toss-up between the skill levels of the DH and daredevil. I would take an average DH over an average daredevil. But i’d take a good DD over a good DH any day. If I had the choice, i’d never take a berserker, but this is my personal opinion due to bad experiences with a certain berserker player.

So yes, DH does hover around the 7th-8th place class.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Maybe you’re not as strong of a player, relative to the overall playerbase, as you think…

in PvP

Posted by: KreatE.7612

KreatE.7612

@Elia
Sorry to hear you’re having an unjoyable time in season 2, but as a lot of people are saying, your problems advancing are likely due to factors you haven’t considered because the ones you’ve listed are indeed non-factors.

Class stacking is absolutely abysmal for a team. Any team that has 3 or more of a class, literally any class, should lose the vast majority of the time. All you have to do is change up your build to hard counter that class (i.e. switching to runes of hoelbrak and sigils of generosity against mesmers/necros). Often there are many things you can do to weight the game in your favor.

I too consider the DH to be the second to worst class (though you can make a good argument for the thief), and losing to them is often a case of inexperience in identifying their tells and responding accordingly. The best way to overcome that is just to practice against DHs. Maybe join dueling channels are ask any DHs you know if you could practice against them. As a whole, I actually think the game is the most balanced its ever been. Every other meta previous had many more issues. Besides warrior, every class is viable to some degree, and even warrior is playable as condi zerker (to an extent).

Worth noting, a game that is within 100 points is actually a very close game and you shouldn’t write that off as a bad game. That means theres a lot of back and forth over who controls the map. A game has to be different by 250 points for one team to control at least 2 points the entire time.

If you want any more tips on how to advance, PM and I’ll see if I can help with more tailored advice.

(edited by KreatE.7612)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

1. leagues are not supposed to be a reward track. Season 1 spoiled too many players (due to nature of matchmaking) making them think they deserve to be in higher divisions when they are not. While current matchmaking is anything but perfect leagues now are bit more competitive than last season. Take any competitive game out there: vast majority of players are stuck in low divisions for whole season and it is NORMAL.
Here is the fun fact: when i was in emerald/sapphire most pro/really good players were also around sapphire/ruby at that time and i didn’t find matches that bad. Now that most of them moved to legend i am sure emerald/sapphire is filled mostly with average/below average players. Yes you may get bad teammates but enemy team is probably just as bad and you can really abuse it as a good player.

2. rank 80 is nothing, it is stupidly easy to get now compared to first years of gw2 (when after 1 year of hardcore pvping nobody even had phoenix). 1k games is nothing, you barely just grasped pvp in this game with that many matches.

3. anything works in lower divisions, i have won 1v1 and 1v2 fights vs meta classes/builds on vanilla thief w/o breaking a sweat. I haven’t met a single DH in lower division that was any good. Even in higher divisions (diamond/legend) many DH tend to be terrible. Besides while build is cheesy as hell it is really weak compared to biggest offenders like revs and scrappers.

Generally i would say take loses as a chance to improve, record your games, look for own mistakes and learn from them, look for mistakes your team made and think about how you could play around mistakes your team made (because it will always happen and you need to know how to make up for those mistakes).
One of the differences between good and average player is that good player can carry even bad team while average player relies on team to be decent. There is a pro streamer on LoL that said once: always assume your teammates are bots. Obviously that applies to soloq.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

I can’t belive the guy above me just called DH the 8th worst class; just to show you how ignorant some of the so called good players are.

Revenant, Scrapper, Chrono, Tempest, Reaper, Druid, DD, DH, Warrior. The bottom two are not arguable. Any of the others you could make a case for slight variations.

Being unable to recognize these kinds of things show why you belong at the bottom.

Yes i agree with last 2 spots, the rest is bad order:
Scrapper, Reaper, Tempest, Revenant, Chrono, Druid, DD, DH, Warrior.

The reason i consider Tempest better than revenant, is that you CANT play without an ele in the actual condi fest meta, but in fact you can substitute revenant with a very good thief, or a DH…. or just go 2 scrapper 2 reaper + 1 tempest and kitten off revenant!

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Revenant, Chrono, reaper, tempest, scrapper, Druid, DH, DD, Warrior my version. at legendary even some cases diamond. thief gets check and unable to decap rendering him useless. but celeras is right DH is right there bottom 3. i main ele, and the top 3 is only 1 who has a chance of killing me during 1v1.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

(edited by Lord Hammer Hand.4815)

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

I am not a pro but I am descent player, rank 80, 1k+ ranked games. I find this season very disappointing. I was stuck at last tier on emerald for two days due to win/loss/loss/win etc . Now I am stuck in sapphire for the same reason. The most of matches this season are way too imbalanced. Either win either lose will be 100+ points difference and in some cases 300 + . When the majority of games is like this there is something wrong with the matchmaking. We can not be great one game, terrible the next, great the next etc
Also this season more than any other the teammates are like they never played pvp before. Countless times people fighting off point when enemy has them all, zerging svanir because they find it way more important than capping, avoiding to go on point because *necro on point uses traps * (yes I saw this in sapphire and they were in disbelief when informed that necro doesn’t use traps), rushing alone in middle of 3-4 enemies (sorry you aren’t superman don’t do this) etc etc . In previous seasons still had teams like this but this season at least for me is most of the time.
Another issue is profession stacking. I know about queue times but have to deal with 3-4 necs or 3-4 trap spammers and same time have 2-3 thiefs in your team isn’t exactly balanced. In one occasion the opponent DH actually apologized ( bless ) for the op I can play while afk build. Before you comment that traps can be dodged just think that I can only dodge so many times while have to avoid double trapping and necs and same time trying to res the teammates that rushing into traps and getting downed
You making pvp very disappointing for solo players. It should be simple enough after 2 days to get some win streak enough to get a tier but is just not happening. I don’t want to resort to play a profession /build I don’t like just because is op and can give you pips. This is not skill, and is not fun

sorry to hear ur having worst time playing pvp. although i disagree with u. season 2 is by far easier for soloQ, my experience anyway. but u shouldnt give up. if getting good and getting that legendary wing is ur goal. then dont worry, no matter what ur division this season. there will be 2 more season this year. also after 2 season is over the legendary is still available but higher ticket price. u just wont get it as fast as others do.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Elia.7193

Thanks for the replies. Some got the dh comment wrong. I was trying to continue the talk about bad matchmaking. When the opponent team has 3 dh and mine has 3 thiefs is bad matchmaking and unbalanced class stacking that’s what I was trying to say . And I don’t care about the wings I just like playing pvp and personally used my tickets so far to make mini elegant llama . Is just disappointing to be stuck on same tier after two three days of trying due to win/loss/win/loss. I still want someone to explain how can win with great difference, and then lose with great difference, then win, then lose ….I don’t change within 10 minutes so as I see it must be team issue?

(edited by Elia.7193)

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

You’re having the same issue has me.
You get placed against inexperienced players and white wash them….no fun…
You get placed against more experienced player..lopsided..no fun
You get better players…still win..fun zone
You get placed against those better than you..close loss…fun zone
You get slightly lesser players again..win..kinda fun zone
You get placed against much better players now and lose terribly…no fun..

Where you are currently is you either get lesser or better players, but rarely equal. There is not enough of a community of players that the MMR can form a team of equal rating..so you either get much better, or much worse depending upon any win streaks or losing streaks you’re on.

Take it from me. If you go on a long losing streak, don’t pvp at all for 2-3 days.

Most of my matches now are either
4 x ruby 1x sapphire vs 4 sapphire 1 x ruby

or

4 x diamond 1 x ruby vs 2 diamond 3 x ruby

There just isn’t enough players for the MMR to make a match quickly with relatively equal players quickly. The match maker works fairly OK..it is the tiny player base it has issues with.

If your MMR ever dips below 50% because of losing streak, then I suggest uninstall and find a new game, because you’ll be placed with players who tend to lose more often than they win. Hence why your seeing players who are not knowledgeable about meta builds, they fight off point, they don’t rotate and I bet ya 100%, they never, ever communicate at start of match or switch to alt professions to try and make their team stronger.

You’ve been lumped in with the potato’s my friend..and that’s where you’re gonna stay until a MMR reset.

Also, to be blunt, if your frustrated at being stuck on same tier for 2-3 days..I know many who have been stuck on the same tier for the last 2 weeks now…or have dropped down tiers.

You have to remember glicko 2 system was designed with the idea in mind of having not just ten of thousands of players, but hundred of thousands of players. Gw2 just can’t meet those numbers so the rating deviations between players can be more extreme than what the pvp team would have wanted.

(edited by CntrlAltDefeat.1465)

in PvP

Posted by: verskore.4312

verskore.4312

yup matchmaking this season is just absolutely terrible, last league I got to legendary without much trouble with 99% soloQ, atleast I got people in my team who knew what they were doing and people on the enemy team also (mostly) knew what they were doing so the matches were close but fair and you were able to progress fairly easily if you were good.

Now however….well I got to t5 ruby without even trying, then last tier of ruby was kinda annoying with some more losses but I got to diamond quite fast. But then hell just started… the matchmaking for me in diamond tier is absolute crap or 90% of the players in diamond div are just complete kitten… The amount of games that my team has close/mid capped and a necro or whatever class (decap thief is fine) goes far to die outnumbering and distabelling the team is just through the roof. People in my team dont know how to rotate, dont read chat, dont watch map, say they played better cus they had 50 points and you ‘only’ had 40…. it’s really frustrating now and I am amazed everyday by how little people even know about conquest tactics and how arrogant they behave even after failing constantly in a game.

Yes ill eventually get to legendary (probably within few days) but I RLLY hope that Anet will do something about the matchmaking cus if this is going to be the same next league then I probably won’t participate in it (eventhough I love pvp) just cus the majority of the games aren’t fun anymore…

D/F ele

in PvP

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

I feel for the OP I am in same position in sapphire – the problem is that the league does not help those who are trying to or have improved since the start. Once in MMR hell no matter how hard you work to improve yourself you are stuck I am in the right place now I assume because everyone says so. But even if I work hard to improve I will never leave sapphire – because I am not able to carry a whole team and my MMR is tanked. Progression should not be about this but more improvement in my personal skill level. It does not mean anything to progression though – hence demoralization and now apathy has set in with the expectation of losing every time. this season is my worst gw2 experience but there u go past caring

(edited by godsie.2864)

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

As a solo player, I’ve enjoyed this season a lot more than last. Last season the matches were so random. Win then lose then win then lose.

I play casually (only about 3 a night, sometimes more). I breezed through amber, emerald, and sapphire. Ruby has been much slower going, but I’ve been enjoying it. My wins still tend to be blowouts (other team has less than 350 points at the end), but my losses are usually close. The big thing is that I’m seeing progress. I wasn’t seeing that in season 1.

Sure some losses can be frustrating, but don’t let them get to you. I’ve found a poor attitude is detrimental to win streaks. It’s still something I"m still working on as I’m apparently annoying my teammates when I make rotation calls. :o Though I’m trying to limit those to really bad calls, like going for lord with less than 350 points (usually less than 300) against a team we are not steamrolling.

Anyway, I’ve enjoyed this season so far.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Elia, I am skeptical that MM is the problem.

Why? There are a lot of players of players saying exactly the same thing.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

This was a very good thread with lots of good information. I don’t agree with the people saying DH is 8th worst class. But, that’s my opinion. I think DH is an incredibly strong class and give me tremendous difficulty as a tempest. But, not 1v1. I can handle a dragon hunter if there is no warrior in the vicinity and/or thief backstabbing me in the process.

But, I agree, the “class stacking” I’m seeing in the matches are troublesome. Pro pvp’rs can disagree with me about this as they have probably compensated or overcome the disadvantage of fighting a match against 3 necros, warrior and DH. As for me, I haven’t. A party like that will defeat me every time unless and until I can learn or outheal the condition damage.

Also, as a tempest, I am not a killer. I get discouraged and worried when my participating in the match is only 15 points when I, in fact, have over a million heals to other players, hundreds and hundreds of condition removals and boons to other players — and that’s not counting the ones applied to myself.

Often I find my team leaving me to “bunker” a point and hold it while they charge off and die. That is a terrible idea to leave your auramancer sitting alone at a point to defend. I want to follow the strong team members and assist them in the fighting to take over points, not defend points by myself.

in PvP

Ruru.1302

That’s called a hive mentality and it isn’t always correct. MM is and has been doing what it is intended to do: force average players to stay down, while helping above average players climb faster.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

morrolan.9608

That’s called a hive mentality and it isn’t always correct. MM is and has been doing what it is intended to do: force average players to stay down, while helping above average players climb faster.

Of course everyone having a bad experience is wrong and the players who were put on the good side of mmr are correct…….

It doesn’t put players of similar ability together or put enemy teams of similar ability in the same matches hence it is a failure. It results in streaks of losses that are too long leaving the players on the wrong side of that disheartened and quitting.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in PvP

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

Hi,
If one actually complains about getting stuck in emerald/sapphire then either:
1. You’re not even close , not even within 90%, of how good you claim to be.
2. You’re probanly running a PHIW build. Grab something close to a meta build.
3. You started playing yesterday.
4. You’re playing warrior

in PvP

morrolan.9608

Hi,

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in PvP

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

Hi,

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong

Nope. Complaining about divisions where you can’t even lose tiers just makes you bad. It’s true. Just accept they belong there (even though one can simply grind out of it) and move on.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

@Snowywonders

1. I claim to be a medium skilled player.
2. I’m running a current meta build.
3. I’m in my 4rth year in the game.
4. No, I don’t play a warrior.

So, I disagree with your post 100%

The idea that I “belong” in t3 Sapphire is debatable.

What disturbs me is the reactionary mindset. People “belong” in lower tiers and aren’t good enough to advance? I’m seeing quite a few posters maintain this in the face of any argument or evidence.

Ultimately GW2 is voluntary and for fun. This was never meant to be no-holds-barred MMA team fighting… or at least I thought it wasn’t.

What has kept me in Tyria for years has been the story, the idea that I was doing something chivalrous, even if only in the virtual world.

I’d like to see the kind of grand gesture I learned racing sailboats. Is it possible I intruded on the other boat’s right – of – way at the mark? Then I do my penalty circle unbidden, to remove any question of trying to cheat or take advantage.

That kind of mentality breeds sport and sportsmanship. I wish it would be a lot more visible in pvp.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: oEnvy.3064

oEnvy.3064

if you get stuck at emerald it’s your own fault.
you can’t even lose tiers lol

Thief
twitch.tv/bey0ndb

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

If you’re stuck below ruby and think you’re above average just get a friend to ‘smurf’ you with an average MMR f2p amber account and get you out of the hell hole.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

What disturbs me is the reactionary mindset. People “belong” in lower tiers and aren’t good enough to advance? I’m seeing quite a few posters maintain this in the face of any argument or evidence.

But there is an argument to be made. We all know how the system should work.. and there is evidence that it does indeed work.
For example, if you compare player quality in legendary/diamond league with sapphire or emerald you will witness without a doubt a major difference in skill level. And that is the main purpose of the current system.

On the other hand, as you say aptly, reactionary mindset claims that the system doesn’t work and for that they offer anecdotal evidence and personal views..
For example, there’s another thread on front page where another person is complaining about the matchmaking, and provided a screenshot of him running an extremely sub-par build and having an atrocious win rate (below 40% IIRC).
Worse still, when he was confronted about these things he maintained his original stance while showing profound lack of knowledge about the game mode itself.
I’m almost positive that said person will continue with his crusade on matchmaking without ever taking a break and asking himself if there might be some other culprit for his current predicament.

(edited by Freeelancer.2860)

in PvP

Posted by: Raek.8504

Raek.8504

But there is an argument to be made. We all know how the system should work.. and there is evidence that it does indeed work.
For example, if you compare player quality in legendary/diamond league with sapphire or emerald you will witness without a doubt a major difference in skill level. And that is the main purpose of the current system.

On the other hand, as you say aptly, reactionary mindset claims that the system doesn’t work and for that they offer anecdotal evidence and personal views..
For example, there’s another thread on front page where another person is complaining about the matchmaking, and provided a screenshot of him running an extremely sub-par build and having an atrocious win rate (below 40% IIRC).
Worse still, when he was confronted about these things he maintained his original stance while showing profound lack of knowledge about the game mode itself.
I’m almost positive that said person will continue with his crusade on matchmaking without ever taking a break and asking himself if there might be some other culprit for his current predicament.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/A-serious-examination-of-S2-MMR-Math-Inside/first#post6052827

Here is some kind of mathematical proof why this system acts this way. When it has something to do with skill in certain scenarios sometimes it doesn’t. Quality of Games in Diamond/ early Legendary from my experience is somewhere around Sapphire, Ruby.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/A-serious-examination-of-S2-MMR-Math-Inside/first#post6052827

Here is some kind of mathematical proof why this system acts this way. When it has something to do with skill in certain scenarios sometimes it doesn’t. Quality of Games in Diamond/ early Legendary from my experience is somewhere around Sapphire, Ruby.

Indeed, not everyone is good enough to make it into diamond or legendary. I know I’m not, I’m happy in Ruby. T5 sapphire was a real struggle, but I got there. My aim for every season moving forward is to hit Ruby. Sure I would like to get higher, but I know I don’t have the reaction time I use to. 10 to 15 years ago, sure I’d probably up there with the best, I wouldn’t be there best, but I’d be up there.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Elia.7193

Is very simple to excuse everything by saying that the player is not good enough to get out of sapphire or whatever division. Fair enough if that’s the case , is just a game at the end of the day. What I haven’t understand is this : lets assume that player A and player B both have win/loss rate around 50%. But for player A it works as win streak and loss streak so he progress in tier but for player B was something like win/loss/loss/win so he didn’t progress. What exactly makes player A better than player B? Why A “deserves” to progress and consider better than player B?

in PvP

Celeras.4980

If you want to resolve the issue of “I think I am good enough”, post your PvP API key for analysis. Anything short of that is just conjecture.

There’s a reason nobody ever does this when I say it. It shows the truth they don’t want to have to face.

in PvP

Posted by: oEnvy.3064

oEnvy.3064

Is very simple to excuse everything by saying that the player is not good enough to get out of sapphire or whatever division. Fair enough if that’s the case , is just a game at the end of the day. What I haven’t understand is this : lets assume that player A and player B both have win/loss rate around 50%. But for player A it works as win streak and loss streak so he progress in tier but for player B was something like win/loss/loss/win so he didn’t progress. What exactly makes player A better than player B? Why A “deserves” to progress and consider better than player B?

because player a won and player b didn’t lol

Thief
twitch.tv/bey0ndb

in PvP

Posted by: rastaman.1905

rastaman.1905

lol DH the 8th worst class. tell that to thieves and wars. and are you talking esports or pub games? cause the OP made it clear that he is a solo player (like 90% of the pvp community) and DH wreck faces in solo q. especially when there are multiple DH on one team. how about you make some tests? me and my friend have concluded (based on experience) that the number victories you get in solo q is directly related to the amount of DH there is on your and the enemy team. more DH in your team = victory in solo q. test it for yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: Raek.8504

Raek.8504

If you want to resolve the issue of “I think I am good enough”, post your PvP API key for analysis. Anything short of that is just conjecture.

There’s a reason nobody ever does this when I say it. It shows the truth they don’t want to have to face.

I ll do for fun i haven’t yet finished with this acc, but tell me what do you see xD

EC8E4282-9838-424C-BC69-1DDC18DC00A969477A08-A5FB-4655-9680-06EC623C0841

in PvP

Posted by: rastaman.1905

rastaman.1905

see how many games you can win with 3 dd or 3 wars on your team, than see how many you can win with 3 dh on your team. last match i had with 2 dh on one team and 2 wars on the other ended 500-43 in favor of the dh team.

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

see how many games you can win with 3 dd or 3 wars on your team, than see how many you can win with 3 dh on your team. last match i had with 2 dh on one team and 2 wars on the other ended 500-43 in favor of the dh team.

That sounds like division 4 and below.

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

@Soul.9280
Your build is very-very-very bad, yet I can’t figure it out how are you in legendary?! You pre-made, or what? Lucky?!

(edited by LordOtto.2650)

in PvP

Elia.7193

because player a won and player b didn’t lol

you obviously didn’t understand the question. Both won and lost same amount of times. For example in 10 games they both won 5 and lost 5 but for the A the 5 was a streak so he progressed when for B were not a streak and he didn’t progress. The way I see it both are equal as players? Someone explain if I am wrong

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

MM is and has been doing what it is intended to do: force average players to stay down, while helping above average players climb faster.

Does anyone else think this is how its supposed to be???

Systems should not be biased. Players should move up if they win and move down if they lose. A MM system should not “force” or “help” anyone.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

I can’t believe you even bothered with him, here is what he said on another thread

You will see thieves. If they do well you might see a DH or two as killing thieves is the only thing they’re the best at.

You will not see a Warrior. All of their roles are provided better by other classes.

He is either trolling or don’t know what he us typing. Add to DH capping potential, their ability to hold point, their cc in teamfight and their dps. Sometimes it just better to ignore knaves.