Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

please for the love of god don’t take 4 months to fix this like with para sigil

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

Next you’ll ask for them to remove fear stacking. After that you’ll ask for burning duration to not stack, when does it all stop? They either rework all the stacking because its not fair to make only 1 skill not stack and leave all the others.

Bring more condi cleanse or reroll imboa kings like the rest of us

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Next you’ll ask for them to remove fear stacking. After that you’ll ask for burning duration to not stack, when does it all stop? They either rework all the stacking because its not fair to make only 1 skill not stack and leave all the others.

No one was complaining about how Immobilized didn’t stack before the October 15th patch.

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

Fears don’t stack.

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

fears do stack i’m fairly certain. There’s been times where i’ve been feared longer than the debuff indicated and ran backwards/took damage for an additional 3 seconds.

Symbolic

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Immob stacking isn’t that big of a deal as far as I’ve felt… I mean theoretically; it just means people can use all their immobs at once rather than comboing them right after one another, essentially the effect is the same, but if people immob bomb you, and you cleanse it, they lost all of their immobs cause they front loaded them… Risk vs reward as far as I’m concerned…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Ok stop defending immob stacking..

A: immob isn’t cleansed in the normal order… Its dead last. putting 3-4 other condis (or in necro/engi case 6-9 more) isnt hard. GL not being immob’d.
B: before hand you couldnt stack so someone would eventually escape. Now entire teams can stack 10+s and your dead. No dodges. Even tele’s and your still immob’d.
C: Takes away all forms of team communication/skill. But I’m convinced A-net is doing this to all parts of the game on purpose…

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Relentless.7023

Relentless.7023

Its one of those “bad for the player, good for the game” changes.

As much as immob stacking is complained about, guess what can let high burst team builds focus fire more effectively?

People complain about evade spam, Anet gives you immob stacking, and now people are complaining about immob stacking and forgot about evade spam. Anet is nerfing evade spam again, and if someone calls for vigor uptime to come back I’m just gonna laugh.

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

As much as immob stacking is complained about, guess what can let high burst team builds focus fire more effectively?

People complain about evade spam, Anet gives you immob stacking, and now people are complaining about immob stacking and forgot about evade spam. Anet is nerfing evade spam again, and if someone calls for vigor uptime to come back I’m just gonna laugh.

All evade weapon skills that people complain about like on Rangers or S/D Thieves work while immobilized, and vigour uptime is being nerfed.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

No, this is a “bad for the players, bad for the game” changes.

The developer stream flat out said they’re gonna add it and see what happens. No proper testing, no test krewe, turned a skill based mechanic to a spam based one.

I believe all kinds of CC shouldn’t stack, it would discourage players spamming them.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

there is one huge difference between burning and immob…. you can’t dodge while being immobilized

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Immobilize stacking is a huge problem and needs to be fixed. Im not sure how anyone thought this was a good idea. It is litereally ruining pvp for me.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Relentless.7023

Relentless.7023

You guys act like immob stacking doesn’t give anything up to be accomplished.

Venom share thief, for example, gives up a slot that could be used for infil signet, shadow refuge, or shadowstep. Those are awesome utis and its a big cost to give them up.

Like you’ve mentioned it doesn’t prevent evade weapon skills from working so what are we complaining about again? A functional game element?

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Ignoring that the necro face tanked for 20 seconds (#balance), immob stacking is stupidly broken.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

We’ll be reducing the maximum amount immobilize stacks in the near future.

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

Why would you reduce the maximum amount of stacks rather than the maximum amount of duration? For example, elementalists can use elemental surge and arcane power for a maximum of 5 stacks, at 1 second per stack. A 5 second immobilize for investing in a grandmaster and a utility skill is not imbalanced at all. I think this change is completely unjustified.

Diotima of Mantinea, r65 Elementalist
Vovin, r65 Warrior
Guild: V A E V I C T I S [HEX]

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Old version was better.

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

clint.5681

Can we get some Diminishing returns, reducing the stacks is cool and all but its still gonna be a problem

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

People be angry!!!! Because their perma vigor classes are now next to useless in the face of competent players. GG.

Shame you can’t block, dodge, stealth or go invulnerable to stop the immobilization….

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Or just change it back. The game was DESIGNED with ONE stack of immobilize in mind.

Not five, not four, not three nor two, designed for just one.

Stop adding/changing mechanics without considering the entire game! (AHEM torment)

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If you are going to do it, just make sure that it doesn’t make Venom sharing useless.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

It’ll more than likely waste it a lot :/

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: The Lost Witch.7601

The Lost Witch.7601

Suggestion

Immobilizes would stack up to 5 seconds. After that, any new extra immobilizes that would stack it over 5 seconds remove the old immobilize stack and set a new immobilize at 5 seconds. (Regardless of the original duration of the new immobilize application, unless it is a longer than 5 second base duration immobilize, then it overwrites the stack limit with this higher base duration)

(I just picked 5 seconds here as an example without doing any research, maybe it should be more, or less?)

Example A:

John uses a 4 second immobilize on Alice.

After 1 second, John uses a new 3 second immobilize on Alice.

Alice now has 5 seconds of immobilize left to go (instead of the current 6 or the pre-update 3 seconds)

This gets especially obvious as the numbers stack up.

Example B:

Peter also uses a 2 second immobilize on Alice.

One second later, John unleashes his next 3 second immobilize on Alice.

Alice is now immobilized for 5 seconds instead of 8.

Example C:

If James comes along to bind Alice for 6 seconds with a single skill in his completely overpowered condition duration build, Alice would be immobilized for 6 seconds regardless of previous immobilize stacks.

If John, one second later, then manages to immobilize Alice for another 3 seconds, Alice would still be chained for 5 seconds. The new immobilize would be ‘wasted’.

It would still be possible for John, Peter & James to keep Alice in chains for 13 seconds-ish if they time their immobilizes very well. But it would require some serious effort.

Note: This would probably take some serious programming. But it might be worth it. I agree with Gesamtkunstwerk that reducing the amount of stacks isn’t the best solution here.

While it does solve the permanent immobilize stack, it still allows for immobilize durations that are too high. (Say two 3 second and a 4 second immobilize adding up to 10 seconds)

And it probably doesn’t solve the PvE troubles we’ve been having since the update either. (The spider in AC comes to mind directly, but I remember being pinned for over 12 seconds in CM as well.)

Note # 2: This doesn’t solve chaining 1 second immobilizes. Perhaps having both limits in place would tackle the problems with immobilize stacking though.

That said – Good to know this is being worked on!

(edited by The Lost Witch.7601)

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Suggestion

Immobilizes would stack up to 5 seconds. After that, any new extra immobilizes that would stack it over 5 seconds remove the old immobilize stack and set a new immobilize at 5 seconds. (Regardless of the original duration of the new immobilize application, unless it is a longer than 5 second base duration immobilize, then it overwrites the stack limit with this higher base duration)

(I just picked 5 seconds here as an example without doing any research, maybe it should be more, or less?)

Example A:

Alice now has 5 seconds of immobilize left to go (instead of the current 6 or the pre-update 3 seconds)

Example B:

Example C:

If James comes along to bind Alice for 6 seconds with his completely overpowered condition duration build, Alice would be immobilized for 6 seconds regardless of previous immobilize stacks.

If John, one second later, then manages to immobilize Alice for another 3 seconds, Alice would still be chained for 5 seconds. The new immobilize would be ‘wasted’.

It would still be possible for John, Peter & James to keep Alice in chains for 13 seconds-ish if they time their immobilizes very well. But it would require some serious effort.

Note: This would probably take some serious programming. But it might be worth it. I agree with Gesamtkunstwerk that reducing the amount of stacks isn’t the best solution here.

While it does solve the permanent immobilize stack, it still allows for immobilize durations that are too high. (Say two 3 second and a 4 second immobilize adding up to 10 seconds)

And it probably doesn’t solve the PvE troubles we’ve been having since the update either. (The spider in AC comes to mind directly, but I remember being pinned for over 12 seconds in CM as well.)

I disagree, this will make venom share useless.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Why would you reduce the maximum amount of stacks rather than the maximum amount of duration? For example, elementalists can use elemental surge and arcane power for a maximum of 5 stacks, at 1 second per stack. A 5 second immobilize for investing in a grandmaster and a utility skill is not imbalanced at all. I think this change is completely unjustified.

I get your point but using Ele AND Elemental Surge AND Arcane Power as an example is just rofl. You’ll have a higher chance of seeing a dancing Kodan in Temple of the Silent Storm than seeing this ele build in any game be it hot join or tpvp. Destroying a non-existent build? Devs could care less. And it’s just sad.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

(edited by Gallrvaghn.4921)

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

clint.5681

Who cares about venom share when this is a problem in pvp/wvw and pve. They dont design games around a single trait.

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

I wholeheartedly support The Lost Witch’s proposal. You need to factor in the durations of each stack in this change. Supposing stacks are limited to 2, why should one player be able to use two 3 second stacks to get 6 seconds of immobilize, while another player using 3 stacks of 1 second, can only get 2 seconds.

Diotima of Mantinea, r65 Elementalist
Vovin, r65 Warrior
Guild: V A E V I C T I S [HEX]

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: The Lost Witch.7601

The Lost Witch.7601

I disagree, this will make venom share useless.

Let’s see.

Devourer Venom has 2 seconds of immobilize per charge. Let’s assume traits and a condition duration increase for an extra charge and an extra second of immobilize duration.

So Jim, the venom sharer uses Devourer Venom near his two teammates: Bruno & Martha.

In the current state of the game, they would be able to keep Alice in chains for 9 seconds per player. Up to a grand total of 27 seconds.

I think this is rather ridiculous.

With my limit in place, they would be able to immobilize Alice for probably around 7 seconds. Since it is likely that not all players hit Alice with all 3 attacks in the same first second.

I think this is still powerful enough.

But!

That is not all:

If Bruno & Martha were not attacking Alice, but Alicia and Alexandra, then the trio would still be getting about 18 seconds of immobilize worth out of Jim’s venomshare build. (3 individual immobilizes of ~6 seconds)

I think venomsharing isn’t becoming useless at all! It would just take more skill to make the most of it.

(edited by The Lost Witch.7601)

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Ok stop defending immob stacking..

A: immob isn’t cleansed in the normal order… Its dead last. putting 3-4 other condis (or in necro/engi case 6-9 more) isnt hard. GL not being immob’d.
B: before hand you couldnt stack so someone would eventually escape. Now entire teams can stack 10+s and your dead. No dodges. Even tele’s and your still immob’d.
C: Takes away all forms of team communication/skill. But I’m convinced A-net is doing this to all parts of the game on purpose…

Quoted b/c so true. If you must keep stacking, please let it cleanse like every other condition. Currently, even if immob is the last condition applied, it is also the last out (LILO).

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

Or just change it back. The game was DESIGNED with ONE stack of immobilize in mind.

Stop adding/changing mechanics without considering the entire game! (AHEM torment)

This man… I remember the days when it actually took skill to maximize the time you kept a target immobilized. It’s like the made it reeetard proof to land and now everyone gets punished.

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

This man… I remember the days when it actually took skill to maximize the time you kept a target immobilized. It’s like the made it reeetard proof to land and now everyone gets punished.

Well, when a over whelming 90% of your pvp base left is this….. you are going to have to dumb down the mechanics!

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Suggestion

Example A:

Example B:

Example C:

If James comes along to bind Alice for 6 seconds with a single skill in his completely overpowered condition duration build, Alice would be immobilized for 6 seconds regardless of previous immobilize stacks.

Note # 2: This doesn’t solve chaining 1 second immobilizes. Perhaps having both limits in place would tackle the problems with immobilize stacking though.

^great idea

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

nobody blame the invisible being ridicules OP ?
try kill that thief.

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

Or you can just press that skill: “takes out immobilize”

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Dusk NL.9561

Dusk NL.9561

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Grove also becomes quite strong in 1v1 skirmish if your focus is stacking immobilize ..

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

gotta love venom share…trolling braindead wars spamming hammer while immobilized all day long, when op zerker stance is on cd obviously…..next meta troll thief ftw

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Bacon.4918

Bacon.4918

Please revert the changes to immobilize stacking or at least give us the option to choose which condition is cleansed first.

Highest soloQ rank – #2

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

But… torment isn’t that bad though…..

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

The warrior skill impale can deal well over 10k damage with just 1000 condition damage. Worst part is, since the terror is applied gradually, you can’t just clear it and be done. Most op skill in the game.

Stormbluff Isle

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

The warrior skill impale can deal well over 10k damage with just 1000 condition damage. Worst part is, since the terror is applied gradually, you can’t just clear it and be done. Most op skill in the game.

I thought I was the only one who thought this. That skill is kittening rediculous. Fights with condi warriors come down to whether you can dodge it or not. Reflect it, you just won. Get hit by it, you kinda have to leave. Pin Down too. They also have 20 second cooldowns.

But I won’t complain, they’re really the only skills making condi warriors a viable thing these days.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

Immobilize stacking is a huge problem and needs to be fixed. Im not sure how anyone thought this was a good idea. It is litereally ruining pvp for me.

Weew right, that’s a reason now people. Fix it cause it’s ruining pvp for poor Rangir Dangir. I think this has totally blown the devs’ minds and now they are hastily workin on it. :P

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I thought I was the only one who thought this. That skill is kittening rediculous. Fights with condi warriors come down to whether you can dodge it or not. Reflect it, you just won. Get hit by it, you kinda have to leave. Pin Down too. They also have 20 second cooldowns.

But I won’t complain, they’re really the only skills making condi warriors a viable thing these days.

I guess thats true. Pin down can do like 15k damage too, with max bleed durations.

If I gt hit by one of those 2 on my shatter mesmer, I just have to leave and wait for my health to regen out of combat :P

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Or you can just press that skill: “takes out immobilize”

Not everyone is (yet) a warrior with “breaks immobilize” in half of their skills.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Sublime Le Peasant.1932

Sublime Le Peasant.1932

Immob stacking is bad in everyway of the game Pvp or Pve..
Have you ever done arah p4 recently at melandrue boss? Its just ridiculous in both sides of game.

Top 50, before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWk2ObTvn9s
Gerdien

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Immobilize was a non-stacking condition. Traits and skills were balanced around this, durations were long. What Anet has failed to address is how change A(immobilize stacking) impacts B(total immobilize duration and game impact). You can do this but you NEED to re-balance around the new mechanic. Games are not isolated systems, everything works together. And changing a mechanic requires changing it’s impact.

Obvious answer is obvious: Redo immobilize skills and traits. Reducing stacks is a lazy answer to mechanic alterations.

Immobilize stacking

in PvP

clint.5681

Weew right, that’s a reason now people. Fix it cause it’s ruining pvp for poor Rangir Dangir. I think this has totally blown the devs’ minds and now they are hastily workin on it. :P

I see you missed my and everyone else’s point. I guess you just came here to make a useless post