Mesmer Moa skill

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Thats why I bumped it. The topic is still important to me.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Yes. Please get rid of that skill. It has almost no use in PvE whatsoever, and in PvP, for reasons already stated, it’s just a ridiculously cheap way to kill an opponent, especially if they’re getting swarmed already. Even as a mesmer, I abhor that trashy skill and never use it. Need a better elite skill anyways…

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I use Moa to quickly get rid of irritating bunkers. With a 180 second CD, I can use it a maximum of five times. It also kills all necro minions which is awesome. First I summon my phantasms out, let them get in a hit and then Moa the bunker. 10 seconds and the point is mine.

It’s not that I can’t kill the bunkers given enough time. I can. It’s just that Moa’ing them is far more efficient.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

This skill really isn’t an issue, as most mesmers who use it are just bad. In fact, most of the times I have been moa’d, the mesmer just did it at random for no reason, so I just kept pecking at him. I really want to take someone down while moa-form (its not that much of a step down from my regular ele’s skills).

Plus, I really enjoyed seeing the elusive moa stomp as one of my team-mates got turned into a moa mid-stomp.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I’ve never died to this skill, even when I’ve played an mm. I’m all in favor of Anet changing it into something better.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I don’t think any Mesmer (or anyone else) would be against getting rid of this skill and replacing it with a useful elite.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Yea give us a useful elite like the Spirit of nature please.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I don’t think any Mesmer (or anyone else) would be against getting rid of this skill and replacing it with a useful elite.

I would… it’s awesome fun when used the right way.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I would… it’s awesome fun when used the right way.

Sure fun for the mesmer, but not so fun for the person it is used on. Turning off your skills, killing all minions, turning off your elite skill is just too OP. Its probably one of the most powerful elites in the whole game if used properly.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

asura mes in stealth, gl reading that generic telegraphed spell… heh

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

Sure fun for the mesmer, but not so fun for the person it is used on. Turning off your skills, killing all minions, turning off your elite skill is just too OP. Its probably one of the most powerful elites in the whole game if used properly.

It’s not supposed to be fun for the other guy. That’s why it’s an “elite” skill. It also has a very long CD and can be blocked.

And it’s actually pretty in keeping thematically with the mesmer class.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

It would be nice if you could go to an npc in the HOTM that moas you (& that’s it) so new players can get used to the moa skill bar.

IGN: Aussie Archer

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Yea give us a useful elite like the Spirit of nature please.

Phantasm of Nature. Summons a random spirit linked to the phantasm every 4 seconds.

AI creating more AI. The phantasms have become sentient…

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

It is a troll skill. It’s used by trolls to troll others. My guess is that people who are serious about the class never use it and for the sake of making gw2 an overall more enjoyable game, would rather it be replaced by something more useful that does not include a troll mechanic.

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

I think maybe 2% of the time I see “troll” online these days it’s used properly.

Hint: it can’t be a “troll” skill and overpowered at the same time.

It would be nice if you could go to an npc in the HOTM that moas you (& that’s it) so new players can get used to the moa skill bar.

The NPC mesmer casts it.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

aussieheals.6843

The NPC mesmer casts it.

I know, that’s why I said; ‘& that’s it. The npc casts it but attacks you as well

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

I don’t know, I have too much fun when a hotjoin mesmer tries to use it on me and then panics when I beat the crap out of him with it. They expect me to be so confused, and then I’m not and they cry.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

I can’t believe there’s a topic like that.

Mesmers are assassins and the playstyle needs a shutdown elite to close down fights. Moa has a 1 second cast time and if you use it in a wrong way, it can kill you. It’s already been nerfed, and I can justify that, but further nerfs would just happen to please the forum warriors, no other reason. Also, Mesmers are one of the highest skill cap and balanced classes of the game. Neither you, nor anyone should have any complains about them, imo.

How about giving elementalists such a well-rounded and balanced assassination elite, so that the Fresh Air build actually becomes legit? I think I’d love that.

(edited by Morinmeth.9823)

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

‘Lol only bad mesmers use this anyway!’

‘If you get moa’d you’re bad’

‘im pro, but please dont change moa!’

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

aussieheals.6843

Anyone else miss backfire?

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Get moaed? Press 5. #wow #woah you just countered someone’s 180 second cooldown.

I don’t even play mesmer at all. That kitten is just weak.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Get moaed? Press 5. #wow #woah you just countered someone’s 180 second cooldown.

Right.
Just press 5 and leave the fight for 10s, so you either let your teammates fight outnumbered and eventually wipe or let the point you are defending free-capped so the mesmer can cap it.

Sure, you definitely countered Moa.

Oh, right. Mesmer is also weak now.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

It is a troll skill. It’s used by trolls to troll others.

Actually it´s a shutdown skill which can be blocked , evaded etc. I am using it on my Mesmer to shutdown other classes, when it´s needed.

Regards

Seed

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Why necro this thread? That being said it is a kittenty skill. Pressing skill 5 only works vs a mesmer who doesn’t know what they are doing. A competent one will simply stun you or immobilize and land their DPS chain. We can complain about the skill but truth is the cd is very long and mass invisibility is simply better in most cases.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

i hate this skill when i’m on my necro and i don’t use this when i’m on my mesmer.

pls delete this skill already.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Right.
Just press 5 and leave the fight for 10s, so you either let your teammates fight outnumbered and eventually wipe or let the point you are defending free-capped so the mesmer can cap it.

Sure, you definitely countered Moa.

Oh, right. Mesmer is also weak now.

Skill 5 helps for 0.75 seconds, but the whole moa form lasts for 10s. All your mentioned solutions are terrible.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Yes, please remove Moa and replace it with something useful.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah Moa ist a cheesy skill useless in most situations except for cheesing 1v1 fights and ensuring an almost guaranteed victory. It’s a close to an “I win” button as GW2 has and it’s not better for it.

I’d rather see it replaced with something else, something that was less about cheesing 1v1 and more about…well something else.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

10 sec is too much. 5 sec in pvp would be nice

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Iavra.8510

I’d rather see it replaced with something else, something that was less about cheesing 1v1 and more about…well something else.

Actually, at least in my experience, Moa is pretty bad in 1v1 since skill #5 and #2 bring you far enough away to make the elite a total waste. It gets better in small scale fights (3v3 etc) since it disables one of the combatants so you effectively outnumber them for these 10 seconds.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Its a free point cap if you use the moa escape skills and you are the only one defending the point.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

So when will this skill finnally be changed/removed? Its outrageous.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: toubi.5683

toubi.5683

Can we remove the mesmer elite skill which turns you into a moa for 10 seconds? It feels redicilous to not be allowed to use your skills for such a long time.

No.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Its a free point cap if you use the moa escape skills and you are the only one defending the point.

Don’t retreat. Pummel that silly mesmer with your moa skills. You’ll be surprised how often this works. Most mesmers who use it think they’ve already won and completely forget how to play their class.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

lol counter play. It doesn’t exist in gw2.

You can’t use obstructing as a viable counter since 99% of the fights take place in a circle aka the capture point. Which contains no way to los effectively. You can blind mesmer but WHAT IF you don’t have BLIND? Gasp!

And what if the mesmer casts it while stealth?

The op is indeed correct, skills like this shouldn’t exist in a pvp game. They sure didn’t exist in gw1.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Blackout

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Close range and shutdown in both sides.
Also, ~5s duration on a way slower game like GW1 was.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

Close range and shutdown in both sides.
Also, ~5s duration on a way slower game like GW1 was.

It was used by melee classes like thief to spike people quickly. they’d knock you down and cast it

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

sorrow.2364

It was used by melee classes like thief to spike people quickly. they’d knock you down and cast it

Never heard about a Blackout Assassin to be honest and I don’t think that it ever worked.
Why would an assassin shut himself down?

As far I know, the only use of that skill was on some extreme shutdown mesmers in random arena against monks and it wasn’t even that good.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Over a year later still nothing has been changed about the mesmer moa skill

GW2 will never be esports Anet, bury your dream.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Think in the 2 years I’ve played this game I Moa-stomped twice (getting Moa’s while stomping).
In a team game, it’s just really convenient to get a free Guardian kill. Random Moa-ing without coordinated burst is bad anyway. Gotta team up with your thief to make full use of it and immediately safestomp. Besides, there’s always the Warbanner/Guard res/stealth res/Spirit res/signet res/glyph res/stab-stripping/CC to counter it.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

I find Moa amusing really. I think it bring some depth and is a really good counter against bunkers, minion masters etc. In a well coordinated team it is deadly, but in soloq it is near useless. Most Mesmers use it as an oh kitten card, which usually end with them getting pecked to death. I really don’t see a problem with this skill…

Melder – Thief

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Rusc.4978

Rusc.4978

My only issue with Moa Form is that there’s no in-game way to learn what the skills do before you’re Moa’d in combat.

Trying to read all of the skill facts when you get moa’d?

Attachments:

Prosper

Brought to you by ArenaNet. Soon™.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

My only issue with Moa Form is that there’s no in-game way to learn what the skills do before you’re Moa’d in combat.

What, you mean the moa form cast by the super-high-damage mesmer AI in HotM isn’t good enough for you?
(it actually would be pretty good to have a way to test moa morph skills for like a minute against dummies, though)

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Im not for necroing threads but a more telegraphed cast animation should solve the complaints. Make purple feathers surround the mesmer when he casts the skill.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: igsy.8027

igsy.8027

Dodge, Dodge, 5, 3

Alternative, die like a noob and get ressed cos the enemy team just used all their burst skills.

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Or you know, you could…. dodge when you hear the quite obvious and unique sound this skill makes. It takes 1 second to activate it, how much more do you need? A passive trait that would make it fail 50% of the time eh?

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Rusc.4978

Or you know, you could…. dodge when you hear the quite obvious and unique sound this skill makes. It takes 1 second to activate it, how much more do you need? A passive trait that would make it fail 50% of the time eh?

The thought of Moa Form being on a passive trait made me choke on my juice.

Prosper

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Iavra.8510

That’s not what he meant. It’s more like and added “50% chance to do nothing” added to the skill. Even better would be a random transform to, say, Rampage/Lich/Plague. Fits with the mesmer theme, eh?

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Posted by: Calypso.2578

Calypso.2578

Im not for necroing threads but a more telegraphed cast animation should solve the complaints. Make purple feathers surround the mesmer when he casts the skill.

There is a purple aura surrounding the mesmer. Example 1. Example 2.

If you listen, there’s also a very loud, annoying sound being made during the moa cast. (This sound is almost the most annoying sound made by mesmer. The #1 sound made by mesmer is the mantra cast! Very trolly sound, lel.)

Learn to fight as a Moa. You can actually kill a squishy mesmer as a Moa. If you are not comfortable with that yet, #5 makes you dash far away from the fight (just make sure to un-target any enemies). You can use the “look behind” key to see if someone is going to attack you and save your two dodges for that. Unfortunately, if you can’t even see/hear the telegraph for the Moa, you’re not even going to be able to dodge an attack….so RNG dodge! After #5 and #3-ing away, that is. I hope this helps.

Kaalypzo ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

Mesmer Moa skill

in PvP

Rusc.4978

Go fight the Mesmer AI in HoTM. He’ll Moa you every time it’s up.
If you need more than 10s to press 5 abilities, then I recommend you commit this to memory: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Polymorph_Moa
If both of those are still not good enough… sol psi.

I wasn’t aware that the Mesmer AI used that elite. My mistake. That’s not particularly friendly for new players—the people most likely to struggle with Moa—since I don’t recall the NPCs being very well-advertised, but my memories of the tutorial are hopefully out-of-date.

Also, I specified in-game in my original post; you shouldn’t have to read the wiki to learn game mechanics. However, since the Mesmer NPC uses Moa Form, it’s a moot point.

Prosper