Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

A skill that hits like eviscerate on a 4 sec cd is completly fine

Grimkram [sS]

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

You are absolutely correct. It should get a whirling finisher, so its not too similar to eviscerate.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: Dreaming serpent.5197

Dreaming serpent.5197

But seriously, this got “Fixed” a while ago and is now hitting for stupid amounts.

Jake Demoni -Necromancer- “Please stop moa-ing me”

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

A homing skill that hits like eviscerate on a 4 sec cd and doesn’t require target is completely fine. Kappa.

fix’d

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

If you make unrelenting assault single target only, sure.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

And revert the previous damage nerfs? Revenant is already at best top 4 or 5 at single target dps and considerably worse when multiple targets are together.

Homing skill? Ahaha good one bruh

Projectile speed is the same as always, cant land kitten unless you are at point blank. Low cd? That’s why it uses energy genius, which actually terribly limits Revenant gameplay choices at the moment. Cooldowns with energy costs at the same time… bravo

Stella Truth Seeker

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: Themistokles.1238

Themistokles.1238

Just Great Vid man. Im so bored of all people screaming Rev is op. A good played Rev is strong. Against some classes extrem Strong. But the Damage and the skills that do the damage can all be countered. Its just that people cry for nerfs without asking a single time how they can counter a skill.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Everytime someone says its homing i die inside..

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

Just Great Vid man. Im so bored of all people screaming Rev is op. A good played Rev is strong. Against some classes extrem Strong. But the Damage and the skills that do the damage can all be countered. Its just that people cry for nerfs without asking a single time how they can counter a skill.

LMFAO this guy thinks Rev is balanced. I can’t, too funny

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: Themistokles.1238

Themistokles.1238

I dont say that Rev is balanced in general. I just say that its not allways a good idea to ask for nerfs. What is the point in bringing Rev down to a Warriors power? What will happen to the Meta? You can nerf Rev down. So maybe thiefs will take the spot. Then you have no Heavy Class that is good in higher game.
I think that the sustain from a full DPS Rev is to high. But the Damage can be countered.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

XxsdgxX.8109

New things like classes/weapons in any online game ALWAYS get hate and mostly, because it’s obvious, from bad players who won’t even try to learn new things.

And I guess that it’s because everyone of them most think they are the top world players who can’t possibly ever loose “Why should I have to figure out how to beat this new class? I’m so good that I should just win by autoattacking it!”, cant reason with that kind of people.

Stella Truth Seeker

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

I dont say that Rev is balanced in general. I just say that its not allways a good idea to ask for nerfs. What is the point in bringing Rev down to a Warriors power? What will happen to the Meta? You can nerf Rev down. So maybe thiefs will take the spot. Then you have no Heavy Class that is good in higher game.
I think that the sustain from a full DPS Rev is to high. But the Damage can be countered.

a clacc with access to defensive boons with this variety and the endless count of evades wont ever get to warrior level.

this specific skill is beyond bad design and has to be changed.

to leave the ppl complayining about rev damage I’d say a 8s cooldown change is reasonable.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

to leave the ppl complayining about rev damage I’d say a 8s cooldown change is reasonable.

I’m so glad you’re not balancing the Revenant.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

Who want to play spot the Rev main !!

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

New things like classes/weapons in any online game ALWAYS get hate and mostly, because it’s obvious, from bad players who won’t even try to learn new things.

wow i’m offended by a noname too bad no hard feelings.

also i wouldnt call a ~half year old class ‘new’

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

btw if ure there you can rework yey for an eye too

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

https://youtu.be/bM4V5xDoqho
totally fine! i mean didnt even loose 50% hp from a 4sec cd skill. not to mention the instant staff5 && hydro leeching. totally fine too.
i’m a horrible revenant. i got 0 matches on it ~10 rounds of 1v1 and some vale guardian kills (Kappa). still meenaged to kill my expert revenant mate several times gue to how broken and skilless this kitten is.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

And revert the previous damage nerfs? Revenant is already at best top 4 or 5 at single target dps and considerably worse when multiple targets are together.

Projectile speed is the same as always, cant land kitten unless you are at point blank. Low cd? That’s why it uses energy genius, which actually terribly limits Revenant gameplay choices at the moment. Cooldowns with energy costs at the same time… bravo

Stop whining. You have not seen;

-Gust
-Shockwave
-Stoning
-Fireball

Alerie Despins

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Malchior.5732

totally fine! i mean didnt even loose 50% hp from a 4sec cd skill. not to mention the instant staff5 && hydro leeching. totally fine too.
i’m a horrible revenant. i got 0 matches on it ~10 rounds of 1v1 and some vale guardian kills (Kappa). still meenaged to kill my expert revenant mate several times gue to how broken and skilless this kitten is.

sigh
Your suggestion is awful because you take a skill that’s riddled with issues and bugs, fix none of them, and then ask for a 100% cooldown increase on a weapon that also uses Energy as a resource and then provide 0 compensation for the big DPS nerf (especially in PvE).

How about instead, we make the skill more reliable? Then we lower the burst output on single targets, but not make the skill so random in bigger fights?
It’s like Alekt suggesting that Jade Wings should also have a 45 second cooldown.

The problem is people who clearly don’t understand the class suggesting changes that would be fine for a different profession, but are in direct opposition to what the Revenant was supposed to be (a class with powerful skills balanced around Energy).

Burtnik organized a big list of suggestions in the Revenant forum that handle issues like this MUCH better and improve the overall health of the class.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Malchior.5732

-Gust
-Shockwave
-Stoning
-Fireball

The difference is that those projectiles actually go in the direction of your intended target and not into the ground/air/wall randomly.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Alekt.5803

-Gust
-Shockwave
-Stoning
-Fireball

The difference is that those projectiles actually go in the direction of your intended target and not into the ground/air/wall randomly.

Then you have not seen Gust. When you’ll cast a projectile at under 90 (I did not forget a “zero”; I truly meant under 90 range) range and still miss, come complain about Revenant’s projectiles. Right now, I have zero, absolutely zero pity for anyone complaining about how precision strike is missing targets.

Staff ele is the worse when it comes to hitting projectile. Ever heard the phrase “Staff is a support weapon”? It’s mostly because all the other parts of the kit never hits.

Alerie Despins

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Malchior.5732

-Gust
-Shockwave
-Stoning
-Fireball

Then you have not seen Gust. When you’ll cast a projectile at under 90 range and still miss, come complain about Revenant’s projectiles. Right now, I have zero, absolutely zero pity for anyone complaining about how precision strike is missing targets.

Staff ele is the worse when it comes to hitting projectile. Ever heard the phrase “Staff is a support weapon”? It’s mostly because all the other parts of the kit never hits.

I don’t think you’re understanding the big complaint about Precision Strike.

Lets say I’m near a door (say 200 units away) and there’s an enemy I want to hit with Precision Strike 400 units away. If I use that skill, two of the daggers will go towards the door (regardless if it actually has health or not; i.e. it could just be a prop and not a destructible door) and the other will attempt to hit the actual enemy.

I had zero control over that, but lost over half of my potential damage just because there was a prop nearby. Sometimes these props are really hard to predict. Sometimes they’re just barely withing 600 range. Every time that happens, you lose damage and it’s incredibly frustrating.

It’s not just props though. If you use Precision Strike and your target happens to be in the air (either while using a leap or jumping), the daggers will sometimes go directly up into the sky.

The problem isn’t just the projectile speed, but the unpredictable nature of its targeting system.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Alekt.5803

-Gust
-Shockwave
-Stoning
-Fireball

Then you have not seen Gust. When you’ll cast a projectile at under 90 range and still miss, come complain about Revenant’s projectiles. Right now, I have zero, absolutely zero pity for anyone complaining about how precision strike is missing targets.

Lets say I’m near a door (say 200 units away) and there’s an enemy I want to hit with Precision Strike 400 units away. If I use that skill, two of the daggers will go towards the door (regardless if it actually has health or not; i.e. it could just be a prop and not a destructible door) and the other will attempt to hit the actual enemy.

I had zero control over that, but lost over half of my potential damage just because there was a prop nearby. Sometimes these props are really hard to predict. Sometimes they’re just barely withing 600 range. Every time that happens, you lose damage and it’s incredibly frustrating.

It’s not just props though. If you use Precision Strike and your target happens to be in the air (either while using a leap or jumping), the daggers will sometimes go directly up into the sky.

The problem isn’t just the projectile speed, but the unpredictable nature of its targeting system.

That was not what the person showed on the video. Your precision strike is probably going to be fixed anyway.

Though, about doors? What if you wanted to hit the doors?

Alerie Despins

(edited by Alekt.5803)

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Malchior.5732

-Gust
-Shockwave
-Stoning
-Fireball

That was not what the person showed on the video. Your precision strike is probably going to be fixed anyway.

What he showed was another problem that was bigger before the change happened.
Now, post-patch, what I mentioned is one of the bigger issues because it’’ll always shoot 3 projectiles. Before, it didn’t matter much if it targeted random objects because the skill wasn’t really used for main damage (or much at all actually) and you usually expected just a single projectile to maybe land anyway.

Will it get fixed? Well, it only took ~2 – 3 years to fix core Mesmer bugs and weapon issues. So maybe Revenant will get theirs by the next expansion.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Alekt.5803

-Gust
-Shockwave
-Stoning
-Fireball

What he showed was another problem that was bigger before the change happened.
Now, post-patch, what I mentioned is one of the bigger issues because it’’ll always shoot 3 projectiles. Before, it didn’t matter much if it targeted random objects because the skill wasn’t really used for main damage (or much at all actually) and you usually expected just a single projectile to maybe land anyway.

Will it get fixed? Well, it only took ~2 – 3 years to fix core Mesmer bugs and weapon issues. So maybe Revenant will get theirs by the next expansion.

If I managed to fix Lightning Rod, Tempest Defense, and Earth Shield bugs… I think you can do it too.

Alerie Despins

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Malchior.5732

If I managed to fix Lightning Rod, Tempest Defense, and Earth Shield bugs… I think you can do it too.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-bug-list/first

It’s not like they’re difficult to find.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

sigh
Your suggestion is awful because you take a skill that’s riddled with issues and bugs, fix none of them, and then ask for a 100% cooldown increase on a weapon that also uses Energy as a resource and then provide 0 compensation for the big DPS nerf (especially in PvE).

How about instead, we make the skill more reliable? Then we lower the burst output on single targets, but not make the skill so random in bigger fights?
It’s like Alekt suggesting that Jade Wings should also have a 45 second cooldown.

The problem is people who clearly don’t understand the class suggesting changes that would be fine for a different profession, but are in direct opposition to what the Revenant was supposed to be (a class with powerful skills balanced around Energy).

Burtnik organized a big list of suggestions in the Revenant forum that handle issues like this MUCH better and improve the overall health of the class.

WOW!
this skill being not relyable is hilarious. knowing it’s sidestepable at max range and deciding to still cast it is your fault. I can’t really sympathize with ppl casting it in kittenef situations and complayning about it while having access to shiros positioning && mobility… (here is a link to a vid that explayns behaviour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9bCVXyqR5g)
someone posted here that it hits the door2x and 1x the man you want if you are next to it…. GJ man now you know that mby you should cast it 2secs later when you are in a better position, but you know who the fucx cares about timing one of the biggest single target burst ability when it has 4 sec CD. LMAO. It almost isnt worth to stow weapon.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Kayberz.5346

sigh

WOW!
this skill being not relyable is hilarious. knowing it’s sidestepable at max range and deciding to still cast it is your fault. I can’t really sympathize with ppl casting it in kittenef situations and complayning about it while having access to shiros positioning && mobility… (here is a link to a vid that explayns behaviour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9bCVXyqR5g)
someone posted here that it hits the door2x and 1x the man you want if you are next to it…. GJ man now you know that mby you should cast it 2secs later when you are in a better position, but you know who the fucx cares about timing one of the biggest single target burst ability when it has 4 sec CD. LMAO. It almost isnt worth to stow weapon.

So your argument is that everyone playing revenant should just learn and be aware if every single UNTARGETABLE prop object in the game like bushes and crates that just happen to suck in precision strike and just play around it?
You just sound like a bitter bad looking to stick it to revenants any way possible regardless if its actually fair.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

So your argument is that everyone playing revenant should just learn and be aware if every single UNTARGETABLE prop object in the game like bushes and crates that just happen to suck in precision strike and just play around it?
You just sound like a bitter bad looking to stick it to revenants any way possible regardless if its actually fair.

couse this does not apply to any ranged ability…
u ppl could actually suggest something about how to change the skill. unless that i can’t really take u seriously

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

it ok, anet implemented the no class stacking rule so people cannot play 2+ revenants on their esl teams aka balance is fine :^)

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Kayberz.5346

couse this does not apply to any ranged ability…
u ppl could actually suggest something about how to change the skill. unless that i can’t really take u seriously

Umm it DOESNT apply to ANY other skill in the game, every other skill in the game requires a TARGETABLE entity, precision strike will hit objects players arnt even capable of targeting or damaging
Do you not understand this simple concept?

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

XxsdgxX.8109

Yep, pure irrational hatred.

Stella Truth Seeker

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Nerf the evades of a rev, not the damage

M I L K B O I S

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Youre adad straffing way too much for real demo + brokenant is perma point blank melee anyway.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

Nerf the evades of a rev, not the damage

now this is constructive thx

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Malchior.5732

sigh

WOW!

If you can’t see why that’s bad design (for both the user and the target), then there really is no convincing you.
All that matters is that people can (easily) beat the Revenant in PvP, right? Nothing else matters in this section it seems; not fun, not design, but just pips.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

No class (except condition chronomancer in 1v1 perhaps) should beat rev. Rev is better than every other class in the game (that includes reaper and scrapper). In lower brackets it might not seem that way as rev appears to be more difficult to do well on than for instance reaper.
Precision strike hits for 6+k damage, surge of the mists hits for 7+k damage (if you land a good one) while also evading and hard ccing. If you combine it with shiro heal and weapon swap you can easily get 14+k damage from hitting 1 ability. Meanwhile you have more dodges and mobility than any other non-thief class in the game.
I am 100% sure if you were allowed to run class in multiples on ESL, every good pro team would at least run 2 revs.

Nerf this skill already

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

so… what about increasing the casttime to a level where you can actually interrupt it as a reaction? would the great rev defenders go with a sollution like that?

extra video of pure love: https://youtu.be/3HvjS6Kyr8A