New Elite OPness Ranking

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I love Reaper after 3y as Necro my Power (hate Condi Meta) can finally stop running from enemies and stay and fight thos we still have some serious weak points. We cant disengage still, LF-Gen in 1v1 is terribad and we have slowest cast time ingame…

King of the Hill

Chronomancer (even Mesmers now this)

Top tier

Scrapper
Reaper
Druid
Herald

Average

Daredevil
Berserker

Low Tier

Tempest
Dragonhunter

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

That’s the one problem with the way the Reaper is designed. Since it has no disengage, it has to be the most powerful in a straight up brawl. Otherwise, the Reaper will never be played. The class that beats the reaper will be played, since the reaper will automatically lose once seeing that class.

This is true except for one thing. Since reaper is pretty tanky, if the counter class can’t burst it down quickly, and just wins in a drawn out sustained battler, then reaper can still be viable, It will have time to get support from allies if stuck in an unfavorable match up, allowing it to not be farmed constantly, and still useful in the areas it excels.

True, but that’s not what I mean. When I say “straight up brawl”, I mean two classes engaging each other directly, trying to kill the other class first and as quickly as possible. Basically if the reaper and another class were to try and melee each other to death, the reaper has to win.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I don’t know how people aren’t putting Herald up there with Chrono and Scrapper. Herald has been the most blatantly overpowered during this BWE. I’ve seen very few good Scrappers but of the good ones they are crazy tanky, Chronos are just straight up stronger versions of mesmers, and Heralds are broken.

… I still want tengu.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I don’t know how people aren’t putting Herald up there with Chrono and Scrapper. Herald has been the most blatantly overpowered during this BWE. I’ve seen very few good Scrappers but of the good ones they are crazy tanky, Chronos are just straight up stronger versions of mesmers, and Heralds are broken.

I did a write-up about just how powerful the Revenant is:

Meh, who cares. In less than a month from now you’re gonna see revenants/heralds, reapers and chronos all over the place drastically changing the meta, Eles are not going to be top dogs anymore.

D/D Cele Ele will still rotate faster, tank better and will still have a higher damage to sustain ratio.

I’m not so sure about that anymore…

Marauder Sword/Shield & Staff Revenant has a 1-second evade, a 2-second evade, and two 2-second blocks (one of which does more damage than Blurred Frenzy while the other one heals the Revenant) on top of a sustain and DPS heal in Legendary Assassin Stance and an anti-burst heal in Legendary Dragon Stance.

Let’s also not forget two stacks of stability on-dodge (1 of which lasts 2 seconds, the other lasting 5 seconds) or 100% critical chance with fury (5 seconds from swapping Legends, 10 seconds from using a heal skill, and 10 seconds from using a stun break [which can also be traited to proc on swapping Legends]).

What’s more, the Revenant also gets 3 seconds of protection when you actually manage to disable him, can keep weakness on you for 10 seconds every 30 seconds, receives 10% less damage from you outside of 360 range, and 10% even less damage from you when he’s below 75% health.

He also gains half a dodge every 10 seconds when struck, causes your physical hits and conditions to heal his downed allies, and breaks stun for allies within a 600-radius of himself when he uses a stun breaker.

Add Superior Sigils of Air and Energy, and you have a tanky DPS god that ArenaNet likes to call the Revenant:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdsklZlhdmc2RNgEawO6s/G-TJBFABiXGYhTBgO7PAwTAAA

It’s actually a bit stronger now because in place of Redeeming Protection (which got merged with Eye for an Eye), Revenant now gets Dwarven Battle Training (4 seconds of weakness on hit with a 10-second recharage).

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

That druid daze is incredible. Get completely locked down.

It actually is really predictable though. Oh that ranger just went cele form, guess what will come down from above … So please, give yourself some time to learn to predict/dodge it.

For the lockdown to become real he also has to take MoC and last but not least he has efficiently zero damage while doing this. It is a very fair trade and the daze has to be that duration to be viable.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

It’s hard to tell wich one is the more effective, between herald, scrapper, or chrono, but we can at least nominate the baddest one out there.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

One thing I want to throw out…

Reapers who actually choose to use the greatsword in SPvP are probably among the weakest of the new specs. Dunno if you guys have tried seriously PvPing with it, but get into a fight with a player who knows what they’re doing…prepare to be frustrated.

The only 3 that even register on my radar as nerf-worthy are: Chrono, Scrapper, and possibly Herald.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Reapers who actually choose to use the greatsword in SPvP are probably among the weakest of the new specs. Dunno if you guys have tried seriously PvPing with it, but get into a fight with a player who knows what they’re doing…prepare to be frustrated.

The only 3 that even register on my radar as nerf-worthy are: Chrono, Scrapper, and possibly Herald.

Reaper Greatsword isn’t a dueling weapon, it’s a teamfight weapon. And in teamfights it shines in a massive way.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Maybe its the way i play it but found the herald quite a bit stronger than the scrapper.

Really dont see where ppl get the idea that the scrapper is so OP. Played non stop this weekend + today, fought plenty of top tier players who where trying out scrapper. But i never felt like i was fighting something that was over the top.

In fact i wasnt in a single game where the scrapper dominated…and i mustve played like 200 games this weekend.

Saw plenty of games where reapers and esp chronos dominated tho.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Druid RELIES on team mates, so its not that high…. itself couldn’t harm a fly (unless you have a specific dueling build you are running), but a typical team conquest druid build isn’t going to spec for 1v1ing….it specs for team support…

Reaper/Chrono/Herald/Scrapper are Tier 1 and its not even REMOTELY close…. all 3 of those are absolutely amazing, bring a lot to the table and have little to no negatives…..

Everyone else is Tier 2 (daredevil is tier 3, sorry thieves, but theres little success in having a non-stealth specs….also, mesmer does everything thieves can minus shortbow 5 quick decaping…)…they all have their pro’s and cons but those Tier 1 specs have a LOT more pros than cons….

(edited by SkiTz.4590)

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I would definitely put scrapper over herald. Like I said before, herald is pretty good for boon support, but I mean, that’s pretty much what it does. Other than that it’s not super fantastic and it can drain Energy like it’s nothing. It’s good, don’t get me wrong, but maybe a little over-valued, and I think the general power of Revenant gets smushed into “herald”. To be expected since the whole class is new.

Scrapper is cray cray, but so is Chrono/Reaper. Reaper at least fills a niche of slow close-quarters and can’t escape, so the counter play is definitely there, but they’re still pretty much beasts at what they’re intended for.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This is what I’ve seen.

The top:
Rev, scrapper (if they fix gyros, this is going to be crazy OP), reaper, chrono, druid

The middle:
tempest, berserker

Thanks for coming:
dragonhunter, daredevil

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I will only comment on what I played this past weekend which is Dragon Hunter and it’s crap.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I wish Dragon Hunter was OP so i could come on here and post how its not really OP like the other posters defending their “Main”.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

This is what I’ve seen.

The top:
Rev, scrapper (if they fix gyros, this is going to be crazy OP), reaper, chrono, druid

The middle:
tempest, berserker

Thanks for coming:
dragonhunter, daredevil

I had the most fun on Daredevil (both GMs are great fun in their own way), but it was feeling a little UP by BWE3 when up against Rev and Reapers that just ate everything.

It seems like a lot of NA players have been praising scrapper. I didn’t see it that much on EU to great effect, but might of just been chance matchmaking. I didn’t run anything like that hammer HGH build when I was testing it so maybe I was just theorycrafting UP stuff that wasn’t braindead enough…

Phaatonn, London UK

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

All this “Scrapper OP” is really funny.

IKR!!!!

all solo queue coz i hate everyone and have no frendz but pls be nice to me im really harmless. i think im just smarter and more analytical than most ppl. there is a counter to my build but i wont say coz that’s dum if i do.

Attachments:

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

abc.5790

op: chronomancer and scrapper

very strong: herald and reaper

strong: daredevil and druid

weak: tempest, dragonhunter and berserker

This looks about right.

edit: misread, sorry. Scrapper is not OP, I’d switch it with Reaper, which is the strongest specialization imo.

IKR scrapper needs love

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Etaoin.4362

Etaoin.4362

Not really sure anything was too powerful (maybe chrono double burst), but there were definitely some solid and less-than-solid specs.

Solid
-Chronomancer
-Druid (with the right build)
-Herald
-Reaper
-Scrapper

Not-so-solid
-Berserker
-Daredevil
-Dragonhunter
-Tempest

What made a spec “solid” for me is whether it gave a profession a new way of being played such that said play-style was prima facie viable. Reaper and Scrapper both let their respective base professions become front line brawlers, even bunkers, in ways that previous setups did not allow. Druid and herald make for great support specs that can also stand on their own (at least in certain game modes) and, again, play fairly differently from their base professions (maybe less so for revenant, but then the whole profession is new). Chronomancer…you know what? I don’t even need to speak to this one.

The less solid specs had some difficulty filling niches in new and/or meaningful ways. Berserker, for example, seems to be geared toward condition-burst damage. Burning is powerful, but the spec never really felt like it executed on that motif in a manner that was as viable as other condition specs or that synergized with base trait lines. Daredevil and tempest, on the other hand, not only felt weak in providing any original features for their respective bases, but were also in some ways less compatible with base trait lines (at least in terms of producing builds with any sort of direction). Finally, dragonhunter: …I also have no idea what to say here. I saw some decent DH play in PvP, but only during team fights and never in a way that either another profession or different style of guardian could not do considerably better.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

This looks about right.

edit: misread, sorry. Scrapper is not OP, I’d switch it with Reaper, which is the strongest specialization imo.

IKR scrapper needs love

Well, I changed my Scrapper build… And Scrapper is returning to the OP section I guess.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I love Reaper after 3y as Necro my Power (hate Condi Meta) can finally stop running from enemies and stay and fight thos we still have some serious weak points. We cant disengage still, LF-Gen in 1v1 is terribad and we have slowest cast time ingame…

King of the Hill

Chronomancer (even Mesmers now this)

Top tier

Scrapper
Reaper
Druid
Herald

Average

Daredevil
Berserker

Low Tier

Tempest
Dragonhunter

I agree wit this ranking more or less, except id swap DH and zerker. zerkers are totally useless, whereas ive seen a few very well played DH’s who could lock down and blow up people while having decent sustain.

Chrono is the only spec that’s entirely BROKEN OP (a certain trait setup), and the herald being close behind.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Half was base Mes, half Chrono. The Ranger was ranger for daily, not Druid xD

So what do we take from wins/losses again? xD

Attachments:

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

abc.5790

This looks about right.

IKR scrapper needs love

Well, I changed my Scrapper build… And Scrapper is returning to the OP section I guess.

honestly, the op ness of the scrapper lies with its support abilities. check out the qq thread about scrapper titled scrapper ele 2.0 or some garbage like that.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

abc.5790

Half was base Mes, half Chrono. The Ranger was ranger for daily, not Druid xD

So what do we take from wins/losses again? xD

LOL it means we got carried bro. hahaha

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: ArcanistSeven.8720

ArcanistSeven.8720

all this Dragon hunter is kitten is a joke those traps kittenin hurt man i got pulled into one and one of those kitteners did 13k from one. needless to say everyone in the pvp match quit.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Velimere.7685

Ross, abc… what site are you guys using with your API keys?

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

https://gw2efficiency.com/

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Reaper sustain needs attention
Everything else feels balanced

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

• Scrapper sustain is too high.
  • Berserker is a one trick pony with killshot
  • Reaper/Chronomancer damage is way to high for its sustain.
  • Tempest healing should be nerfed, and Tempest damage should be buffed. It’s a Tempest Overload, and it deals less damage than Warrior auto attacks. That’s very sad.

Can’t believe you just said everything is balanced :O

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

first get the API key. I’ve attached a screenie on where to get it.

then plug the key here:
https://gw2efficiency.com

Attachments:

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Velimere.7685

Thank you, Blackbeard and Primsley!

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

I think you will enjoy the site.

It also tracks stuff you don’t normally think about like account value. In 2 days my acct value went from top 500 to <98.5% of users. Lol wtf but w/e I hardly leave hotm anyways.

Attachments:

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

• Tempest healing should be nerfed, and Tempest damage should be buffed. It’s a Tempest Overload, and it deals less damage than Warrior auto attacks. That’s very sad.

Dunno, I must have done 20 to 30 matches over the weekend and I was still killing 9/10 people in 1v1 situations while playing peel +1. The only thing that stood out to me as OP was Reaper sustain.

It’s not that the Reaper was hard to deal with. It’s DPS is in fact easy to dodge in a 1v1 situation. It’s that even a lazy subpar Reaper Bunker requires at least two DPSers to gut out of a point in a reasonable amount of time before his teammates respawn, run back and regroup to prevent you from capping a point. Good Reaper Bunkers I’ve seen tank out three guys long enough for their team to respawn and get back to a point to keep it neutral. So the problem here is that the Reaper Bunker requires more team resource to actually kill, to be able to take a point, than any other build in the game. This is disruptive to conquest dynamic.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Odyssey.6523

Odyssey.6523

For the classes I played or played against regularly enough to rate….

Reaper
Chrono
Revenant/Druid
Tempest
Dragon Hunter

Reaper is amazingly powerful if setup right. He can be hard countered by Diamond Skin if he relies too much on vulnerability stacking for damage but I chose to roll Cele amulet and put in Dhuumfire instead which turned into a good choice. A lot of people have complained about ranging but I found if I took runes of speed I got a nice boost to life force and enough swiftness uptime I never had problems keeping people in the scythe arc.

Dragon Hunters felt broken to me. I’m still not sure what their role is supposed to be in PvP. The skill adjustments since BWE1 were certainly helpful but I still feel you could get more mileage playing a Shout Bunker or Burn Guard.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

My elite rank list:

OP
Chronomancer
Scrapper
Herald

Great
Reaper
Druid

Fair
Daredevil
Dragonhunter

Bad
Berserker
Tempest

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Erindriel.2351

Erindriel.2351

I’ve literally never played necromancer before in my life. Made a beta reaper, played 5 games, finished 4 of them at 2nd score place, fighting 2-3 people and stalling them long enough for my deaths to be profitable — by lost time of them trying to cap my point, or even outright killing them.

With that said, my thoughts:

Reaper and necromancer in general needs toning down. Make them less faceroll friendly. Greatsword skills were a step in the right direction but really, as long as skill shroud exists in it’s current state the class will forever be stupid to fight.

Engineer needs buffs. Scrapper could maybe use a tiny nerf.

Chronomancer needs cuts. You either have stealth, perma-daze, burst or condition spam. Not everything at once.

Dragonhunter one-shotting traps gimmick needs to go. It’s sustain needs buffs.

Revenants need a general toning down. Perma-might, perma-fury, perma-regen, spammable 5k crits… Stability on dodge-roll? Why?

Daredevil is in a weird spot. Played well it can kill you without you ever leaving daze; Played poorly it’s as pathetic as any other thief in a real fight, outside of having unlimited dodge-rolls to kill you with annoyance.

Druids seem fine. Maybe they have a little too much burst-healing, though I didn’t really see them do anything gamebreaking that eg. a good support bunker guard can’t already do.

Haven’t seen a lot of berserker and tempest. Can’t really comment. Base elementalist could use more nerfs to it’s sustain and survivability, maybe.

(edited by Erindriel.2351)

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

My list…that goes for all GW2 Community

From Best to Worst

1) The Spec you lost to and know nothing about
2) The Spec you lost to and know little about
3) The Spec you lost to and know something about
9) Your class

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

My list…that goes for all GW2 Community

From Best to Worst

1) The Spec you lost to and know nothing about
2) The Spec you lost to and know little about
3) The Spec you lost to and know something about
9) Your class

that’s probably true.
but i don’t think it will help the op decide to buy the expansion lol.

EU since Aug 2012

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

But scrapper was designed too be tanky would you rather them lower the sustain and increase is direct damage even further to balance that out? A scrapper should feel tanky with the right traits and gear. As long as they don’t touch hammer damage I am happy it felt bursty though auto and other need a bit of touching up with those after casts and clunkyness.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Video Edition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MxNKIOnjmo

After playing, fighting against and talking about all the elite specs with people who have also played, fought against and talked about them, this is my tier list;

TIER 1: Reaper, Chronomancer, Dragonhunter, Berserker

You may not believe your eyes and you probably think I’m crazy but after playing Dragonhunter and Berserker for more than just a few hours, I know for a fact that those guys are RIDIC! I shall not spell it out for you, just look forward to the Go4s after the expansion launches.

TIER 2: Scrapper and Druid

Druid isn’t as multifunctional as the Ele, it’s just a great heal bot, with some good AoE lockdown abilities. Basically a walking tome of Courage. Fact is, CC’ing them and pinning them down is easy when they are in Cele form and doing that will force them out of it early. Not so great in my opinion. And the healing is getting a reduction as well so, so much for that.
Scrapper doesn’t do anything amazing apart from long distance stomping. This alone can flip fights easily but I feel their other abilities are not as good as the Tier 1 guys and not so bad that they’d end up in Tier 3.

TIER 3: Tempest, Daredevil, Herald
Herald does what Ele already does but with lesser utility. The Revenant as a class can be useful in fights with Jalis taking the cake in my opinion but Herald can easily be replaced by any AoE might-stacking profession and we already have a few of those.

Daredevil adds evades to the thief. One particular trait could make thieves impossible to catch if they play well but that alone cannot make a profession great. The utilities are nice, especially the stun break but I don’t think the Staff will be seeing much play in PvP, unless it does an obscene amount of burst or something nerfworthy.

Tempest does more of what Ele already does, just amped up to 15 with additional might stacks and auras. It’s pretty cool and powerful but boring in comparison to the stuff that Tier 1 can do.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

All this “Scrapper OP” is really funny.

high protection/swiftness/regen/fury uptime, able to maintain 20-25 stacks of might by itself, passive stability, passive ~320 HPS (in addition to an active healing skill), great defenses against both condition and power specs, good access to CC, etc

this is literally d/d elementalist 2.0 in every way but name.

p.s. it’s not so much scrapper but the combination of scrapper/alchemy that’s the issue. alchemy enables too much sustain by itself, but further synergizing with scrapper puts it clearly over the edge to the point where it’s unarguably broken.

anyways, specializations in order of how good they are:

i payed $50+ to get an unfair advantage-tier

• Scrapper – head over heels better than anything vanilla engineer is capable of, drastically overpowered.
  • Chronomancer – core mesmer is already overpowered. inspiration/chaos needs nerfing by themselves as it is, chronomancer only gives them another option that is essentially equally as broken.
  • Reaper – same issue as mesmer, necro is already overpowered Reaper just gives them another flavor of overpowered.
  • Druid – power ranger is one of the best power builds in the game, Druid gives ranger access to one of the best sustain builds in the game. it’s gonna need nerfing, but not nearly as much as the above 3 specializations.

eh, at least i got other content with my purchase-tier

• Herald
  • Berserker
  • Tempest

i regret my purchase so much i am now entirely opposed to capitalism as a whole-tier

• Dragonhunter
  • Daredevil

(edited by sinject.4607)

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Dunno, I must have done 20 to 30 matches over the weekend and I was still killing 9/10 people in 1v1 situations while playing peel +1. The only thing that stood out to me as OP was Reaper sustain.

It’s not that the Reaper was hard to deal with. It’s DPS is in fact easy to dodge in a 1v1 situation. It’s that even a lazy subpar Reaper Bunker requires at least two DPSers to gut out of a point in a reasonable amount of time before his teammates respawn, run back and regroup to prevent you from capping a point. Good Reaper Bunkers I’ve seen tank out three guys long enough for their team to respawn and get back to a point to keep it neutral. So the problem here is that the Reaper Bunker requires more team resource to actually kill, to be able to take a point, than any other build in the game. This is disruptive to conquest dynamic.

So bad reaper bunkers can hold a point against 2 people, and good reaper bunkers can hold a point against 3 people?

How is this any different from current bunker specs?

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Uh.. I was playing as a Chrono (not the future-meta Dom/Duel/Chrono though) and to be honest.. Only Revenant, one scrapper, and Reaper were any trouble.

* Dragon Hunters are silly predictable.

• Berserkers were abusing the bugged Gun Flame, when they weren’t they were only dangerous when rampaging.
  • Tempests are super stylish and great for filling my screen with ineffective crap.
  • The few DDs I saw didn’t even use staff.. And were still pretty bad.
  • Druid… Uh. Yeah. Never faced one of note.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I know this sounds counterintuitive but try sending only one person to deal with a bunker Reaper. Reapers, unlike any other bunker, scale harder the more opponents it faces.

For example, if the Reaper is running Rise! (a good bunker skill, FYI), then each foe he’s fighting effectively gives him an additional 11k (17k with Flesh of the Master) health every 40 seconds (or less, depending on traits). Greatsword auto, 3, and 5 give more life force the more people he hits. So does Reaper Shroud auto’s 3rd hit.

So yeah, if you see a Reaper bunker, try sending fewer people to deal with him. The results might surprise you.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Herald, Chronomancer and Reaper are all incredibly(OP) strong. With Scrapper slightly below.

Druid is strong, but I wont judge it just yet.

Daredevil and Berserker are okeyish.

Tempest and Dragonhunter are meh.

How is it ok for some specs to effortlessly gain 25 stacks of might on their own (Scrapper, Reaper, with Herald sitting at 15…), but it’s somehow wrong for eles to gain from 8 to 15?

Some of these specs are just flat out(shameless) upgrades (Chronomancer anyone?).

The problem (and concern) wasn’t with Ele’s being able to solo stack 25 might, they’ve arguably been able to do that since the games launch, the problem was how well the survivability was combo’ing with the damage increase on the already insane damage the burns were doing.

I have a feeling Scrapper is going to be a build reminiscent of the Cele meta, where Shoutbows roamed supreme.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

Reaper Greatsword isn’t a dueling weapon, it’s a teamfight weapon. And in teamfights it shines in a massive way.

Have to disagree here.

Yes, it’s better in teamfights than it is 1v1. In 1v1 (esp vs good D/D ele, daredevil, mesmer, chronomancer) you might not land any attacks. In teamfights…you’ll land few. The reason is because in teamfights, CC is flying. Greatsword necros have the longest cast times in the game, melee range, and no source of stability while wielding the greatsword except the new elite. (The rest require shroud/lich/plague…2 of which are also elites.)

To say it “shines massively” is just not true, IMO. The general consensus is that it will never be a good weapon for upper tier SPvP, but that’s true of many weapons in this game, and the greatsword is at least fun.

Not saying omg it’s so underpowered it has to be buffed now!

It’s just absolutely not overpowered in PvP. It’s not even good.

(edited by Jackalrat.5493)

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

People seem to think Reaper has both DPS and tankiness when in reality it’s just one or the other. If a Reaper bursts you down quickly I guarantee you they will die fast.

… I still want tengu.

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Spite (Reaper’s Might and Siphoned Power) and Soul Reaping (Death Perception) alone allow the Reaper to stack 25 Might and gain 50% crit while fighting in Reaper Shroud without any further investment. You can do that with a Soldier amulet and no investment in Might. You could go Celestial as well. I had no problems going tanky and still kicking kitten in Reaper Shroud. Though I still preferred to play with the Marauder amulet and just go glassy.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Uh.. I was playing as a Chrono (not the future-meta Dom/Duel/Chrono though) and to be honest.. Only Revenant, one scrapper, and Reaper were any trouble.

* Dragon Hunters are silly predictable.

• Berserkers were abusing the bugged Gun Flame, when they weren’t they were only dangerous when rampaging.
  • Tempests are super stylish and great for filling my screen with ineffective crap.
  • The few DDs I saw didn’t even use staff.. And were still pretty bad.
  • Druid… Uh. Yeah. Never faced one of note.

Soon Archangel…. soon….

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Reaper – same issue as mesmer, necro is already overpowered Reaper just gives them another flavor of overpowered.

as a 3y Vet of necro Iv never laughed so hard in my life as when I read this…. “necro already OP” are u for real ? There is 1 Necro I say it again 1 Necro in any type of Tourney setups, its for last 2y considered a “free kill” in the PvP community and u say its OP ?

Reaper sustain is REALLY BAD in Zerk,Maurauder but excells when u slot up Toughness and Vitality yes but its when Blighters Boon starts to kick in it gets its sustain and how does it do that ? By actually fighting Next to a class that gives ALOT of BOONS. On 1v1 if u cant take a Reaper with Scrapper,Mesmer,Ele,Warrior or Thief u need to l2p big time. Its only a direct base upgrade to Core Necro with a twist, the twist is that the Reaper is a class u dont wanna tango with upclose and if ppl focus the Boon support class first then the Reaper will feel like paper.

get your game mechanic knowledge

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

New Elite OPness Ranking

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Reaper – same issue as mesmer, necro is already overpowered Reaper just gives them another flavor of overpowered.

as a 3y Vet of necro Iv never laughed so hard in my life as when I read this…. “necro already OP” are u for real ? There is 1 Necro I say it again 1 Necro in any type of Tourney setups, its for last 2y considered a “free kill” in the PvP community and u say its OP ?

Reaper sustain is REALLY BAD in Zerk,Maurauder but excells when u slot up Toughness and Vitality yes but its when Blighters Boon starts to kick in it gets its sustain and how does it do that ? By actually fighting Next to a class that gives ALOT of BOONS. On 1v1 if u cant take a Reaper with Scrapper,Mesmer,Ele,Warrior or Thief u need to l2p big time. Its only a direct base upgrade to Core Necro with a twist, the twist is that the Reaper is a class u dont wanna tango with upclose and if ppl focus the Boon support class first then the Reaper will feel like paper.

get your game mechanic knowledge

Attachments:

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster