PPL leaving GW2 cause pvp is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Brrr all the time.2851

Brrr all the time.2851

Hello
I want to share something especially with a.net devs, cause i feel like they want to make this game dead for many ppl for from pvp.
About legendary division etc: yeah it’s kk you made something nice for players, to show ppl: “i play mainly pvp and i do it well”. But taking legend is so easy this is one week or something and now everyone can take it. It is all about to farm, cause you dont force ppl to try to get higher division to play against higher division to prove they are worth this.
Pro league: Another good idea but with this move you made esl and ag dead, and make pvp only for few teams. Why? Because ppl want to reach highest tier in pvp, and want to face better players and improve. So if you lock pro league for 2- 3months you don’t let ppl to improve in their new formed teams with faceing pro league experienced teams. And pro league teams don’t want to face teams out from pro league becasue they don’t want to be replace in pro league by this team. You can’t make like other games(counter strike) the same structure of the league, casue you don’t have that much event’s. GO4 and esl rules were the best cause it forced “pro” teams to play well and compete against new formed teams.

And i want to thank to a. net that makes my friends leave this game, and make this game dead to me cause making team now is kinda imposible to do.
\\
sorry my eng lang isnt that good

in PvP

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

+1 this game is garbage

Was really fun and immersive in competetive pvp prior to HoT, but the atrocious balance a week before the qualifier and ever since has made this game a complete joke. Nothing but spamming skills and reaping the benefits of passive procs. Anet you had potential for a new esport gametype but kitten the bed with heart of thorns and poorly implemented pro leagues

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in PvP

Posted by: lead.7543

lead.7543

Hello
I want to share something especially with a.net devs, cause i feel like they want to make this game dead for many ppl for from pvp.
About legendary division etc: yeah it’s kk you made something nice for players, to show ppl: “i play mainly pvp and i do it well”. But taking legend is so easy this is one week or something and now everyone can take it. It is all about to farm, cause you dont force ppl to try to get higher division to play against higher division to prove they are worth this.
Pro league: Another good idea but with this move you made esl and ag dead, and make pvp only for few teams. Why? Because ppl want to reach highest tier in pvp, and want to face better players and improve. So if you lock pro league for 2- 3months you don’t let ppl to improve in their new formed teams with faceing pro league experienced teams. And pro league teams don’t want to face teams out from pro league becasue they don’t want to be replace in pro league by this team. You can’t make like other games(counter strike) the same structure of the league, casue you don’t have that much event’s. GO4 and esl rules were the best cause it forced “pro” teams to play well and compete against new formed teams.

And i want to thank to a. net that makes my friends leave this game, and make this game dead to me cause making team now is kinda imposible to do.
\\
sorry my eng lang isnt that good

Unfortunately, what you say is very true.

in PvP

Brrr all the time.2851

Ah forgot to add. That if you win some tourney like esl or ag one week you need wait from 2 to 3 months for get reward from this like gems, lamas and stuff. This is another sign that anet makes this game dead. And want to feed the same players.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The problem is this:
1. For a long time, there was nothing else to do in the game, so people went to PvP.
2. SAB was launched and so it gave a lot of people something else to do.
3. Even those who like PvP are sick of a poor balance team
4. Most people are sick of excuses from the matchmaking person.

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

The problem is this:
1. For a long time, there was nothing else to do in the game, so people went to PvP.
2. SAB was launched and so it gave a lot of people something else to do.
3. Even those who like PvP are sick of a poor balance team
4. Most people are sick of excuses from the matchmaking person.

I’m sick of the matchmaking person saying its perfect everything’s working as it should..If you used to win a lot and have fun games but all of a sudden you get put with full team of new players and against full teams of not new players and premades and lose every match thats great continue playing so we have farming material for the few that matter more than you!

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I know how you feel, op. Though I won’t leave this game, it’s obvious pvp has completely failed. PvP is a sinking ship right now and sinking fast, the league system and matchmaking is a complete JOKE. The balance is atrocious. Hotjoin is broken. There’s no soloq. I could go on and on. Everything is riding on this next spring quarterly update on the 19th. I believe this is the last chance for most people, if the patch fails and/or season 3 is a bust, it’s OVER. The pretentions of ‘e-sports’ will go up in flames once and for all.

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

So out of 586 views, 5-6 people chimed in how the fame is dead. In other threads I guesstimate it’s another 30ish mmm yea dead alright. Nah sorry I think it’s just become more casual. But I dont see it dead. I’m curious about season 3 myself.

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I’m very curious what anet plans to do at the moment, anyways.
On the one hand, pro league defintly didn’t deliver the desired success – so it is questionable if anet will go on with esport-tournements. It is questionable if it is even worth to do so.

On the other hand, if they don’t do it I think most of the professional or ambitious players will leave the game.
And when professional players leave a game, people from the big cowd will follow.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

Posted by: SlaSh.5827

SlaSh.5827

100% true.

I will keep playing GW as I play it from start of GW1 but I should rather quit the game and come back 2 weeks before next pro qualifier tournament.
Only 8 teams are playing competitive PvP atm (and for only 1 game per week but nvm).

I got 4th place in the last challenger cup and now nothing to do until June/July because my teammates left the game given that there is no other competitive and interesting tournament (which is definitely understandable).

Getting to legendary division takes 1 week and the matchmaking is completely broken.
The highest legendary rank you have the better matchmaking you will get. I duoQ with a friend who is rank 19 and we ALWAYS are in a full PRO players team against a full NO NAMES players team. I can feel the pain of my enemies during those games. BUT nvm this message is not about matchmaking algorithm or division system, it’s about competitive tournament.

At least with the Go4GW we used to have some competitive games every week, and any team could participate. I don’t know, open the pro league to everybody and give rewards/stream the top 8 team per week. Or make the Go4GW back and keep both of them up.

Cheers.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

they again failed with mmr/matchmaking system and build diversity. So lets hope on season 3 …. Its playable but in soloQ i am also going into mmr hell now. Lost nearly all ruby pips and fear that it now started to go on near impossible odds. Maybe i make an alt account and try some base class for fun …

in PvP

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

While I won’t say gw2 is dead in any way (except wvw) I won’t say its in a good place either… All aspects of the game are sliding into despair and it won’t be long before I can say it really is dead…

My definition of dead is a game that loses more active players than it gains (those who play 5 hours a week or more).

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

100% true.

I will keep playing GW as I play it from start of GW1 but I should rather quit the game and come back 2 weeks before next pro qualifier tournament.
Only 8 teams are playing competitive PvP atm (and for only 1 game per week but nvm).

I got 4th place in the last challenger cup and now nothing to do until June/July because my teammates left the game given that there is no other competitive and interesting tournament (which is definitely understandable).

Getting to legendary division takes 1 week and the matchmaking is completely broken.
The highest legendary rank you have the better matchmaking you will get. I duoQ with a friend who is rank 19 and we ALWAYS are in a full PRO players team against a full NO NAMES players team. I can feel the pain of my enemies during those games. BUT nvm this message is not about matchmaking algorithm or division system, it’s about competitive tournament.

At least with the Go4GW we used to have some competitive games every week, and any team could participate. I don’t know, open the pro league to everybody and give rewards/stream the top 8 team per week. Or make the Go4GW back and keep both of them up.

Cheers.

This is so true. The more you win, the more easy match you get against lower skill players. This is not how a ladder should be, in starcraft 2 the more you win the more you get matched against progamers, here seems like if you get on a win streak the matchmaking creates teams where you CANT lose.

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

While I won’t say gw2 is dead in any way (except wvw) I won’t say its in a good place either… All aspects of the game are sliding into despair and it won’t be long before I can say it really is dead…

My definition of dead is a game that loses more active players than it gains (those who play 5 hours a week or more).

I gotta agree with you. You can see the direction things are going in. It’s not exactly looking very bright.

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I agree. tournaments are all fine and dandy, but there is nothing special about being in legend. Nothing that makes pvp worth being good at. Its just a farm and there is no incentive to keep playing and being in a higher tier.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

That’s why Legendary should lose pips as well.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in PvP

Posted by: Raek.8504

Raek.8504

100% true.

Cheers.

True, well it’s always has been like that, first it was because low player base.

But at first it was because of lack of monetary rewards etc. And now, when they did had influx of player base and people actually playing PvP, they managed to screw up again elsewhere.

It’s like they just can’t do everything right for 1 kitten time.

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I log in, I adjust my inventory, I press “B” and go to the EB. After an hour or two, I leave. Rinse and repeat. I haven’t been played a pvp match for a long time, and I will not. Most of my guild and friends are just like me. We used to play pvp for 3-4 hours a day at least.

-Poor balance between elite/vanilla/classes/skills…etc is the most important element in this problem. Anet should do a major rework on utility skills, weapon damages/times, “F skills”. And remaining bugs should be fixed.

-We should be able to communicate with GM’s / Dev’s. Most of the time we do not get an answer about a bug report/ problem or any other thing.

-Anet must listen to its own community. Hear what players want. DO NOT give them what you think proper/good. Ask players, go to profession forums, see what people desire for their professions. ( DH as a class or removing richochet from pistols-for thieves- are good examples for this.) There are really good ideas in the forums.

-And especially for pvp, Anet must do something about leaving/afk problem.

in PvP

Posted by: gloflop.3510

gloflop.3510

You all mentioned nice explanations and opinions about what goes wrong in ArenaNet. However, I believe it is not the final explanation. I rather think it is a management problem. A game must be a consistent story, thought through from the beginning to the end as one unit. There must be a clear guidline in how to behave towards customers and a clear corporate culture. From the outside, I think there is the problem. The management has to provide clear directions in which the game and the company should be developed. There must be a clear target (target group, etc.). You cannot satisfy everyone.

One thing annoys me pretty much. I see ArenaNet copying other games and ideas from there. These games have other concepts, other stories and other targets. Are you unable to invent something new yourself?

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

YAre you unable to invent something new yourself?

?i see this completely different. They want to invent the wheel over and over again.
tere are brilliant inventions in gw1 and we barely see any of them. GW2 just lacks on quality of life features even compared to the base game.
there is no shame on inplementing a cool feature that you discover in another game.
for example. take Diablo’s inventory system. 2h for weapons, armor, helm, boots, etc.. applyed by drag and drop/doubleclick … all the rpg games stole this kind of system.

in PvP

Ellie.5913

?i see this completely different. They want to invent the wheel over and over again.
tere are brilliant inventions in gw1 and we barely see any of them. GW2 just lacks on quality of life features even compared to the base game.
there is no shame on inplementing a cool feature that you discover in another game.
for example. take Diablo’s inventory system. 2h for weapons, armor, helm, boots, etc.. applyed by drag and drop/doubleclick … all the rpg games stole this kind of system.

Totally agree. The whole reason why gw1 was always my favorite game was because it was very different and unique from others and just fun and interesting with lots of different things to do all of which were entertaining. If I wanted to play a game like all the other games id just go play those. Also most of the things in gw1 you can do alone which is something very good for me since I always play alone. The way gw2 was in the beginning was a million times better than it is now but it never compared to gw1 in the fun factor. I laughed so hard when I first started playing this game and saw how few skills there were to chose from compared to gw1, I was like woaah equip a weapon and bam theres your build what did they do make this game for children who can’t make a build xD

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

Totally agree. The whole reason why gw1 was always my favorite game was because it was very different and unique from others and just fun and interesting with lots of different things to do all of which were entertaining. If I wanted to play a game like all the other games id just go play those. Also most of the things in gw1 you can do alone which is something very good for me since I always play alone. The way gw2 was in the beginning was a million times better than it is now but it never compared to gw1 in the fun factor. I laughed so hard when I first started playing this game and saw how few skills there were to chose from compared to gw1, I was like woaah equip a weapon and bam theres your build what did they do make this game for children who can’t make a build xD

This is something I mentioned recently. Gw1 focused on doing the thing they set out to do with it. A PvP focused game, with a campaign to play through, either by yourself or with other people that you met in the lobbies/towns.

A lot of PvE focused players, seemed to dislike the game however, and didn’t play it because it was instanced. I tried to get my friends to play it. A couple of them bought it, played it once and never touched it again. I heard the same reason why they didn’t play it. They said “if it was more like WoW, I’d play it.”. They bought it basically wanting a free version of WoW. They also said they were put off, because it was PvP focused and they didn’t want to get beaten by other players. Yep, that’s what they actually said lol.

I loved Gw1 so much. I spent hundreds of hours playing it, I loved the campaigns and I loved the PvP. I tried WoW back when it came out, but I just couldn’t stick with it, as it felt like I “had” to play the game, as I was paying a subscription. When Gw1 came out, I didn’t feel tied to the game. I felt like I was playing it, because I wanted to. I didn’t have to spend hours and hours playing it, in order to progress. The end result is, that I actually did put in hundreds of hours into the game, because it was that enjoyable for me.

Now, granted Gw2 is a very casual game, you can just log in, do an event or 2, do some crafting, play a quick game of PvP then log out, no fees so you’re not married to the game etc, they clearly tried to draw in the crowd that didn’t like Gw1. The crowd like my friends, that wanted something that was “more like WoW”. As a result, it feels like Anet are trying to do too much. Jack of all trades, master of none, instead of being more focused, like Gw1 was.

One of my friends got Gw2. He pre-ordered, even though he hated Gw1. His reason was “It looks really focused on PvE this tme instead of PvP.”. He stopped playing the game kinda soon after it launched. He raced up to Lvl 80 then basically said “There’s nothing to do.” and stopped playing the game. He’s never come back to it. Not for the living world content, or when Heart of Thorns launched.

Gw1 put off a lot of PvE MMO players, but it had a healthy active userbase, that were drawn to the game because of what it was. Gw2 feels like it’s currently, putting off the Gw1 fans that loved that game to bits and also the people Gw2 tried to draw in, that didn’t like Gw1. I think Gw2 tried to be too big, in terms of doing all this different stuff, appealing to every type of player out there. PvP feels like an unbalanced mess, WvW is dead (at least on my server), PvE seems like a mixed bag. Some people are still really enjoying it, others hate the direction it’s gone in. It’s hard to stay optimistic given the current state of the game.

(edited by Zynt.5769)

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

My two holding game modes in this game has devolved into either crap or have gotten a huge lack of attention from Anet’s development teams. So I have all but hung up GW2 on my wall of “No Longer Interesting Games” and is slowly but surely playing GW2 less and less with every single patch.

It was a nice run have to give it to Anet out of all the MMO’s I’ve played over the past two decades, GW2 has the number three spot on my list of “MMOs I’ve played the longest.” Eve Online more then likely will forever hold the number one spot with over 8 years played (2007 – 2015) and thousands of USDs invested in that game followed by good old fashion Runescape with almost 4 constant years of play.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Ellie.5913

@ Zynt You are 100% right. And your friends sound hilarious XD " I don’t wanna play pvp cuz I don’t wanna get beat! " Lolz. And I definitely do not wanna play a WoW type game at all * shudders in revulsion*

in PvP

Posted by: verskore.4312

verskore.4312

I mostly play pvp, got to legendary every season, problem with first season was the incredibly annoying bunkermeta, this season matchmaking is the biggest problem imo and there are also classes with some sick sustain (like scrapper/tempest).

Imho I think it’s the basic idea of gw2 that is the biggest problem here, with this I mean that Anet didn’t want a holy trinity and by this they tried to give each class sustain and damage and this results in imbalance because it’s just very hard to try to balance every class when they don’t have a ‘fixed’ role.

Personally I just loved the pvp in gw1 (yes I know it’s a completely different game but I think it can’t hurt to compare both) with random arenas and Heroes ascent but the most important thing was that pretty much every class had its fixed role (damage/support) and that’s why gw1 in comparison to gw2 was much more balanced, this is because the fixed roles made it much easier to.

Anyway, im aware that Anet can not and will not change back (I dont think they should) but I do think they have to make some serious adjustments to support and damage that comes from all the classes. Personally I think the biggest problem supportwise is boons, boons are just too strong and so easily given (just look at tempest and rev) that they have too big of an impact, damagewise condition damage is too strong, it’s way too easy to do lots of condition damage and to sustain it (reaper, mesmer).

Anyway to finish my ridiculously long text, Anet has alot of work to do and I suggest they start by taking a look at support (boons distribution) and damage (conditions). But again, this is just my opinion

D/F ele

in PvP

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Imho I think it’s the basic idea of gw2 that is the biggest problem here, with this I mean that Anet didn’t want a holy trinity and by this they tried to give each class sustain and damage and this results in imbalance because it’s just very hard to try to balance every class when they don’t have a ‘fixed’ role.

While I have personally made similar complaints in the past, I’ll have to admit that we have had periods where the metagame was actually quite good. I don’t think focusing on self-sufficiency in classes is inherently problematic. As I see it, the problem is simply that they’ve way overdone it.
The elite specs contain too much self-synergy, and they’ve powercrept mechanics to the point that classes are only functional when taking advantage of their individual gimmicks.

Unfortunately, the only real solution is to strip everything back down to basics. Reducing the availability of everything (boons, damage, dodges, healing etc.) is the only way to give individual mechanics back the value they used to hold.

It has never required less skill and knowledge to play each class to their full potential, but despite this, they seem to be quite happy with the “fast-paced combat” they’ve created.
It’s really a problem that applies to the entirety of the game at this point: at its core, it’s quite bland and shallow, but it’s covered by a nice flashy exterior.

Mind you, I don’t think it’s always been this way. The direction they’ve been taking the game for the past year has just been horrible.

(edited by vana.5467)

in PvP

Posted by: verskore.4312

verskore.4312

Unfortunately, the only real solution is to strip everything back down to basics. Reducing the availability of everything (boons, damage, dodges, healing etc.) is the only way to give individual mechanics back the value they used to hold.

I agree 100%

D/F ele

in PvP

Brrr all the time.2851

Ty for your answer guys but still anet devs don’t see this this topic:P.
Yeah some professions are cancer etc but imo anet goes into more teamplay work, and counter work classes. About competitive gameplay this game is dead until next qualification, and still even if you have chance to be there is hard to get ppl to team casue ppl make legend in one week and leave this game. Like SlaSh.5827 told GO4 and esl was the best way to grow with your team and really play competitive. Now is only one kitten, and you can’t compete against teams from “pro” league to improve and stay on the same lvl or higher.

in PvP

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Ty for your answer guys but still anet devs don’t see this this topic:P..

If you want to see an Anet response, you’re better off going to Reddit

SBI

in PvP

Posted by: gloflop.3510

gloflop.3510

You said it in your answer. ArenaNet had some great new inventions in the past. Thats why they are where they are today. However, they have to invent new things, they have to be ahead of the development with unique ideas fpr the future. My personally favourite example is the gliding. I dont want to name the game since it doesnt belong to ncsoft but it was copied.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

100% true.

Cheers.

True, well it’s always has been like that, first it was because low player base.

But at first it was because of lack of monetary rewards etc. And now, when they did had influx of player base and people actually playing PvP, they managed to screw up again elsewhere.

It’s like they just can’t do everything right for 1 kitten time.

I guess you can call it the E.T.A. Hoffman syndrome.

in PvP

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Matchmaking is a total mess from the beggining to the end, I’m T4 Diamond and blowouts still happens, people are stacking the meta builds much more and each time I get in, people look at both teams professions, switch and are forced to play with something that isn’t their main just to win, I get punished over and over for playing something I like rather than the OP stuff.

Also, Necro is the most braindead profession, you can’t say that this game is highly competitive where all it takes to win is stacking these and Eles, even my 3 years old nephew and his friends could be legendaries if I tell them what button to press when, I’m not even exaggerating.

in PvP

Brrr all the time.2851

Skill in playing some profession is now closed to smashing buttons. Yeah it really matter if your plaer are better then in opposite team but you dont have exact impact on win as it was before

in PvP

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

“Game X is so dead…”, “Class X is so OP…”, “OMG, it’s raining again…”

ZZzzzZZZZzzzZZzzzz

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

The elite specs contain too much self-synergy, and they’ve powercrept mechanics to the point that classes are only functional when taking advantage of their individual gimmicks.

It has never required less skill and knowledge to play each class to their full potential, but despite this, they seem to be quite happy with the “fast-paced combat” they’ve created.

It’s really a problem that applies to the entirety of the game at this point: at its core, it’s quite bland and shallow, but it’s covered by a nice flashy exterior.

Could not agree more with you. Well said.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain