Profession Locking Poll - February 16th 2017

in PvP

Posted by: Gaberen.4325

Gaberen.4325

Voted No, class swapping before match is vital when you see your team getting countered.
Without class changing it will be up to anets matchmaking to make decent and fair matches based on MMR and classes. Which I highly doubt will be successful.

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

You should stop people from changing class after pressing “accept” on the queue

This is what the poll is for.

You said that it would not be possible to change class once the 10s countdown starts, but before that there is a whole min where people can change build/class freely and I’ve thought the poll was used to decide whether or not people should be allowed to change class during that minute.

You are correct. Once the final 10 second countdown starts, there is no reason to swap characters, so we’ll lock that down to prevent exploits. The 90 second warmup is the period during which characters could additionally be locked if the poll succeeds.

Worth to quote this because, as 90% of pools so far, it is badly worded and people are misunderstanding what it is been pooled.

For a simple way to understand, the pool it is NOT ABOUT PROFESSION STACKING!

The pool is about:

A) NO! I want to be able to swap professions until the timer reaches 10 seconds before the match starts;

or

B) YES! I don’t want to be able to swap professions once I hit the queue button.

Now think about it and choose well.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by azyume.6321)

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

This is good for people like me who don’t play other classes. I will prob never get the pvp backpack. Pssh. Fractal looks better anyway.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Even if I see a lot of potential on class locking and class specific MMR, it’s a NO for me until the extreme differences on build diversity and comp reliance are somewhat normalized.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

If profession MMR is used for matchmaking, will we have profession ranks as well? Like your Engi is in Platinum, your Warrior in Gold and your Necro in Silver?

And if Yes wins, will switching to a different character of the same profession still be allowed? Many players use multiple toons per class to make changing builds easier. If changing amulets, runes, sigils and traits is allowed in warm-up, then switching to character of the same profession should also be allowed.

Yes. Profession specific ranking, and also its locked to the character so swapping is no longer possible even if this change isn’t made because they are stopping swaps after the initial 90 seconds.

Rankings will be profession based, so swapping or making a new character will retain the ratings.

This is why I hope YES wins, so that way I can play every class in ranked with peace in mind that I am not ruining the experience of other players because I am not as skilled with the profession as my main.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

You should stop people from changing class after pressing “accept” on the queue

This is what the poll is for.

You said that it would not be possible to change class once the 10s countdown starts, but before that there is a whole min where people can change build/class freely and I’ve thought the poll was used to decide whether or not people should be allowed to change class during that minute.

You are correct. Once the final 10 second countdown starts, there is no reason to swap characters, so we’ll lock that down to prevent exploits. The 90 second warmup is the period during which characters could additionally be locked if the poll succeeds.

Worth to quote this because, as 90% of pools so far, it is badly worded and people are misunderstanding what it is been pooled.

For a simple way to understand, the pool it is NOT ABOUT PROFESSION STACKING!

The pool is about:

A) NO! I want to be able to swap professions until the timer reaches 10 seconds before the match starts;

or

B) YES! I don’t want to be able to swap professions once I hit the queue button.

Now think about it and choose well.

In both cases, if I read this right, once the match actually starts you cannot switch to a different character/profession.

I’m fairly sure most have read the poll wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

To remove class stacking, You would logically have to lock professions. I’m not sure why people are not seeing that.

Now, I realize that anet may not yet perceive the need to remove stacking. A couple of weeks of solid DH matches might make that clear to them though.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: chask.6028

chask.6028

To remove class stacking, You would logically have to lock professions. I’m not sure why people are not seeing that.

Now, I realize that anet may not yet perceive the need to remove stacking. A couple of weeks of solid DH matches might make that clear to them though.

People live in this white and black world. Here comes anet with a solution to their problem, and having NO one capable of telling the future to predict the consequences they still assume it’ll have a devastating impact. Overwatch did it. JS.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I’m not sure why you think people where swapping to stack. People use it to unstack bad comps. I’ve never seen people stack a comp intentionally.

People in this thread are trying to fix a problem that literally doesn’t exist.

People live in this white and black world. Here comes anet with a solution to their problem, and having NO one capable of telling the future to predict the consequences they still assume it’ll have a devastating impact. Overwatch did it. JS.

Two problem with your post.
1) You’re assuming that there is a problem to begin with.
2) We don’t need to predict the future, all we need is basic understanding of how player pick classes.

Locked queues will enforce Warrior and DH stacks, because locked queues means that queueing on comp sensitive classes are a nonviable option because you don’t be able to correct if you get comp screwed.

Ya’lls solution to stacked warriors and DH is to incentivize playing warriors and DH. Brilliant.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Comparing GW2 to OW is apples and oranges. OW has fixed builds and roles. And most importantly characters (role+build) is selected once in the game – not before. It’s also not locked inside the game – you can change characters in the spawn area.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: babana.7521

babana.7521

I voted to not lock the class, but the vote didn’t allow to vote, don’t lock before match, but lock it after match has started.

Because my voite is actually allow to switch class before match but lock after match has started.

why? because you have a choice to swith before match which is a good thing for solo queuing. everyone should learn to read the team formation, and know what to do, so after you know what your facing, your opponent can’t swtich to confuse you. because no one is going to be loocking at team formation after the match starts. (most already dont read the map, so ..) thank you.

(edited by babana.7521)

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I’m not sure why you think people where swapping to stack. People use it to unstack bad comps. I’ve never seen people stack a comp intentionally.

People in this thread are trying to fix a problem that literally doesn’t exist.

Ya’lls solution to stacked warriors and DH is to incentivize playing warriors and DH. Brilliant.

If professions were locked, the matchmaker would be able to enforce team comps. Again.. I’m not sure that ANET perceives the need to remove class stacking yet. Still, locking professions would be a prerequisite.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Yes..
If we get the same restrictions as the tournys do regarding 1 of each class per team.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in PvP

Posted by: jessiestiles.9437

jessiestiles.9437

Like me people might assume that reason for profession lock is anti-stacking. The poll was misleading.

Adding to the stacking problem: double mesmer and double engi vs 5 moas. Or when they do stupid stuff like make warriors able to bunker and do high damage while standing on point (dh ranger and ele can’t do that) and then put 2 warriors on one team and the other team gets none.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Yes..
If we get the same restrictions as the tournys do regarding 1 of each class per team.

But they have not said or implied anything about doing that.

People are voting yes assuming that Anet is going to do something that Anet hasn’t said a word about doing. This is the exact problem we had with the solo vs team poll where people assumed that solo = separate team queue when it didn’t mean that at all.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

It’s funny They had no problem Stopping class stacking in Tournaments for the health and “balance” of the gamemode and competition but in the actual live game they couldn’t care less because Ermergherd queue times….. priorities seem kind of misplaced.

And people saying players didnt intentionally stack classes, hmm let’s see S1 players intentionally stacked Chronomancer, Revenant and Reaper, or Warrior and DH in S5, and other classes in the other 3 seasons, there are reasons certain classes have a huge disparity of Over-Representation and it comes down to kitten poor balance and Low Skill floor requirements for the Game mode.

So let’s bring all of this too light by locking Class Queues to see which classes are over represented in S6 because with Class Queues being locked it will make Players choose the safest/overtuned classes to ensure they get wins. Which would help point out what classes need to be brought down inline with the others.

@Crinn Evan Said he was thinking of a Soft limit on class stacking which expands allowed amount as queu goes on, or did you miss that caveat?

I think its a very good idea to poll this and not just dump it on people. Thank you for that!
Question is, if we have our classes locked will matchmaking force tournament rules on us, I mean 1 class per team only? I would love to try this. yes qtime will most likely increase, but Id rather wait 2-3 minutes more in q than having 10 minutes of a frustrating match with 5 thieves/guards. unranked could still stay the way it is now.

It’s hard to say what will happen to queue times if we enforce a hard limit on professions. The compromise is to let the profession limit increase over time.

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Yes, to remove class stacking, profession lock is a requirement. However, if you are voting expecting that to happen, that’s one heck of assumption.

No Dev stated their goal in the long run is to remove class stacking. We have to act accordingly to the info we have.

If people vote by the perceived assumption that that’s what will happen and, in case it doesn’t happen, there will be lots of disgruntled players who placed their hopes in a wrong assumption.

Unless Evan post in this very thread about their future plans for the matchmaking algorithm, as being the removal of class stacking their ultimate goal, all you gonna do, so far, by voting yes is to remove your ability to switch professions before the match starts and ensuring profession MMR.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: chask.6028

chask.6028

It’s funny They had no problem Stopping class stacking in Tournaments for the health and “balance” of the gamemode and competition but in the actual live game they couldn’t care less because Ermergherd queue times….. priorities seem kind of misplaced.

And people saying players didnt intentionally stack classes, hmm let’s see S1 players intentionally stacked Chronomancer, Revenant and Reaper, or Warrior and DH in S5, and other classes in the other 3 seasons, there are reasons certain classes have a huge disparity of Over-Representation and it comes down to kitten poor balance and Low Skill floor requirements for the Game mode.

So let’s bring all of this too light by locking Class Queues to see which classes are over represented in S6 because with Class Queues being locked it will make Players choose the safest/overtuned classes to ensure they get wins. Which would help point out what classes need to be brought down inline with the others.

@Crinn Evan Said he was thinking of a Soft limit on class stacking which expands allowed amount as queu goes on, or did you miss that caveat?

You are right on the money. I wish more people could see it like this instead of the oh my god change is bad way.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Even if classes are stacked i vote yes as it´s a requirement to go ahead to use per class score, stacking rules and better match making. Might happen that things get half made next season but better then not moving forward. And i think it´s better for 90% of the playerbase to lock on Q. Also it will tell which classes are solo Q powerhouses much clearer which helps further balancing. Look forward for all players not how to be the best on your own.

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

I voted yes because imo there is obviously more to come like being much more discerning with the matchmaking alogrithm when it comes to class stacking. Something has to give. I generally agree on letting the players have more freedom like changing during the warm up period but at the same time some players are stubborn and will never switch out to improve a comp. So it evens out imo for every time you might be able to prevent a loss by switching to another class you play there will be other times you will eat a loss because someone on your team refuses to switch. The answer is class locking after match starts along with the matchmaking being very reluctant to allow class stacking. In solo queue counter comping should not be a thing. The fact that counter comping is even a thing is a gigantic failure by A-nets balance people. You should not be able to get an advantage by looking at what everyone else is playing and changing to class Y based on it. Regardless of whether it is true or not almost anything is supposed to be viable.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Yes..

People are voting yes assuming that Anet is going to do something that Anet hasn’t said a word about doing. This is the exact problem we had with the solo vs team poll where people assumed that solo = separate team queue when it didn’t mean that at all.

If they remove the ability to swap professions but don’t remove class stacking then it will be a nightmare if they don’t bring back the ability to compete with a 5 man premade. Solo/duo queuing will be awful. Hopefully someone from Anet will provide some clarification on this.

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

It seems they already did limit class stacking. Double on one side still happens regulary though …

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

It seems they already did limit class stacking. Double on one side still happens regulary though …

They haven’t limited class stacking at all, they have to code for it but it isn’t active in the matchmaker algorithm, but they may look at a soft limit hopefully that starts at 1 per team and has a big threshold before expanding the limit.

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I’m voting yes because of the countless times we have two thieves on my team, we kindly ask one of them to switch and they always say the same thing, “Nah man we’re fine thief is all I play!”

gets wrekt because thief can’t handle 1v1s against DH, warrior, druid, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Rudra.6932

Rudra.6932

First of all, class stacking was rarely an issue in season 5 (atleast in high gold and plat divisions). People would always swap to compensate. I would always see people swapping to support if there wasn’t any or swap to more dps role if there is too much support. I wouldn’t lie by saying I have never been out-comped but it wasn’t because of class stacking. It was because how certain builds work in this game of rock-paper-scissor-lizard-spock.
From what I have seen, class stacking mostly appears in unranked queues, off season ranked queues and (from what I understand from forum posts) lower division league matches but that’s because people are either learning a new class and don’t want to swap or can’t swap because they don’t know how to play another class or simply can’t be kitten d in the offseason/unranked because the results don’t matter.

So I would say “No” to this poll of locking classes.

I would definitely love a build template for saving your favorite builds/weapon/sigil/rune/amulet and be able to quickly swap between them. I don’t see why this can’t be implemented regardless of the result of this poll. It will be very good QoL change for players.

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Yes..

If they remove the ability to swap professions but don’t remove class stacking then it will be a nightmare if they don’t bring back the ability to compete with a 5 man premade. Solo/duo queuing will be awful. Hopefully someone from Anet will provide some clarification on this.

Evan has already clarified the question about class stacking earlier in this thread:

I think its a very good idea to poll this and not just dump it on people. Thank you for that!
Question is, if we have our classes locked will matchmaking force tournament rules on us, I mean 1 class per team only? I would love to try this. yes qtime will most likely increase, but Id rather wait 2-3 minutes more in q than having 10 minutes of a frustrating match with 5 thieves/guards. unranked could still stay the way it is now.

It’s hard to say what will happen to queue times if we enforce a hard limit on professions. The compromise is to let the profession limit increase over time.

So, voting yes does NOT mean you’re casting a vote to enforce matches with five unique professions.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

Maybe its the redistribution after settling match that it evens out sides better. I did´t see more then two on one side for a while. Maybe people just play more classes … I personally think this should be enough so it needs 5 of one class that there are three on one side.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Except that for some of the classes there really is only one build. So, custom switchable templates would be an advantage to war and DH and (yet another) nerf to Mesmer and ele and to a lesser extent thief.

ANET needs to do a better job of looking at the secondary consequences of decisions.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: jessiestiles.9437

jessiestiles.9437

] but they may look at a soft limit hopefully that starts at 1 per team and has a big threshold before expanding the limit.

But balancing teams mmr and finding 5 non-duplicate professions adds complication to the matchmaker.. Balance would have to take priority meaning you’ll be stuck with or against stacked teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

just to repeat, voting yes means that u almost have no say in the matter other then frantically swapping builds to counter comp, assuming the alternative build isn’t complete kitten relatively speaking ofcourse. cough* Auramancer switching to core fresh air, how laughable, cough* cough*

Countercoming goes further then just countering the class, it also is depdent on the map,opening strategy etc. U give up a lot of freedom assuming the system provides u with an optimal comp and has an hard anti class stacking system that tries it’s hardest to put 1 of each class on each team and strictly enforces tournament rules.

I will also re-iterate that the system has also a say in the viability of a class other then how OP it is. It’s why u hardly see one of the most hated classes(DH) in esl tier play.

Please do not vote yes simply out of this forcing new build diversity, this in itself is also a kittenumption. While the game mode also decides which builds are gonna be used and in that spirit. We also have to ask wheter it’s even possible for certain classes to even change without massively gimping themselves. U cannot have bruiser thiefs, The moment u remove even one defensive traitline of ele it’s sustain goes down the hill, the class needs potential to actually adapt. If it were so easy then thiefs would have more love in solo queue and not simply work only for those few good thiefs. Necromancers wouldn’t just get hardfocused in solo queue. U’d think that we’d already have ESL builds DH and Necromancers who aren’t so comp depdent if the change in matchmaking would just ’’force’’ build diversity. You’d need a lot more amulets, reworks and more builds of equal level to make this viable.

Voting yes is a bad thing IF the system isn’t perfect. The act of simply giving up the freedom countercomping which is a valid strategy and is entirely dependent on your own knowledge ofthe classes you acculmilated through experience. Why would you get rid of that? is it unfair for Multi classers, people that took thier extra time to learn multiple classes they make use of that advantage? PvP is competetive game type in nature and u should encourage that. voting against it is what puts the game type in the wrong direction. This time the devs gave YOU the choice!!! U better stand behind it and not whine if u realise that matches are predetermined and all this other whining threads.

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

Tfw it’s almost 50-50 and Anet can’t just shake off their responsibility instead will have to embrace that they’ll royally kitten off half the playerbase.

Beautiful.

(edited by NotASmurf.1725)

in PvP

Posted by: EasilyDistra.9582

EasilyDistra.9582

VOTE NO

This poll should be reworded to “do you want to be stuck with whatever guaranteed losing matchup we at Anet see fit to hand to you”

-The population doesn’t exist to support rainbow matchmaking, this will only lead to 8 minute queues getting dumped out into a game regardless of what’s in queue.

-The population won’t exist to support standard matchmaking after half the pvp population quits over this. The only semblance of control a player has over the team composition is being able to switch professions from a horrible matchup to a good one, take this away and there’s no reason to bother trying.

-There is too much build variety within each class to even attempt profession-based matchmaking. Are you going to count every elementalist as a support even if they’re built fresh air dps? Are you going to count every mesmer as power/shatter? Are you going to count every dragonhunter as longbow trapper? You can’t balance this.

(edited by EasilyDistra.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: wwDefuser.2056

wwDefuser.2056

… 50,0 % : 50,0 %

That Option is like asking people for Communism. The idea is good, but it’s technically kitten.

You will need insane professionbalance improvements to create a balanced matchup when locking the professions.:

• unbalance between core and hot specs
  • missing profession useability (Bunker, Support, Damagedealer) … stacking support or healing classes on one team vs a complete team results in an almost guaranted los/wipe
  • class stacking issues forced by daily rewards based on professions and low playerbase
  • 1 min. is quite short when u have to change your power build to a condi build to improve your team composition ( balance issue)
  • what would be the improvement of locking professions ? … no more reward abuse ? —> remove profession based rewards and its done !

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Tfw it’s almost 50-50 and Anet can’t just shake their responsibility instead will have to embrace that they’ll royally kitten off half the playerbase.

Beautiful.

Yeah soon you’ll see protests of “not my poll result” and a “Profession Swapping March” the same day this goes live.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Appreciate everyone voting no and ruining possibly one of the best features to ever come to the game, having sperate ratings for each profession allowing you the peace of mind that you can play any class you want and learn it with expercience.

Instead you want people to reroll a class they likely do not have experience and cause balance issues of where someone is absolutely awful with that class compared to a true main of that class in that rating bracket.

Guardian player queues up, ends with 4 in his team. This guardian player doesn’t know how to play any other class, so he doesn’t swap as he would be more likely to lose than simply remaining. New system would encourage playing more than one class, but looks like that’s not going to happen.

(edited by Chase.8415)

in PvP

Posted by: dmndbcK.3425

dmndbcK.3425

Wanna know what I find hilarious?

That there are so many whiteknights on this forum thread saying “I’ve NEVER seen a game have a competitive scene without profession locking”

Well there are a few actually that are HIGHLY competitive. You are just to close-minded.

Overwatch has the ability to swap “Heroes” mid-comp and in Diamond+ that is integral to the overall environment of the game because you don’t know what heroes will work if the other team is just simply BETTER then you.

CSGO despite being a FPS, you can think of professions such as which weapon you can use at which time. Example: If your enemies have 2 snipers, 3 rifles you will want to obviously match them, unless you have no economy. So if you are working on no economy, you pull out a kitten shotgun and kill them. EZ 1 shot.

The more I look at the PvP in GW2, the more I realize that the issue is not with “Profession stacking” or “People swapping mid-game”

These changes are being made based on YOUR thoughts and opinions that ANet is listening to.

ArenaNet does not listen to the top 5% of PvP player’s anymore, because our opinions do no matter. We can literally win a 5dh v real comp game in a clean sweep.

The problem is simply that new player’s cannot get into PvP easily with the current meta, thus the only alternative is to keep progressing instead of degressing back into a prior state of the game to keep the flow going. Hence why they arent choosing to bring back team-queue or nerf DH.

The only solution for my new player’s is to sadly, Get Good at the game by learning from people. Ask people for help, duel them, learn each and every class along with all skills for that class. This includes animations, sounds, etc.

Nothing ANET does will help 50% of the playerbase of PvP, because they aren’t willing to learn to become better at the game. They rather cry on the forums about nerfing and fixing “bugs” that are not actually a problem.

This is now Casual Wars 2 boys. I’m riding this train till the next expansion so I can knock Bubbles teeth out as a naked asura under the water with my Kraitkin.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I am so confused. Why are people acting like swapping to counter is a bad thing to the point we need to hide enemy team comp?

Um, why is this bad? Why do we need to hide enemy team comp? Are we just supposed to run blind and then strategize and not strategize splits beforehand?

Like I realize that’s what people in bronze do, but I have no desire to see that sort of randomness anywhere outside of bronze hell.

because counter comping is not skill. Its just build wars 2. Oh look enemy team has 3 thieves lets just all swap to DH. EZ win so much skill.

What if the team you’re fighting is all dragonhunters and you decided to play thief?
Gonna abandon the match?

Or are we just not going to queue at all if we dont have enough people playing different things?

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Wanna know what I find hilarious?

That there are so many whiteknights on this forum thread saying “I’ve NEVER seen a game have a competitive scene without profession locking”

Well there are a few actually that are HIGHLY competitive. You are just to close-minded.

Overwatch has the ability to swap “Heroes” mid-comp and in Diamond+ that is integral to the overall environment of the game because you don’t know what heroes will work if the other team is just simply BETTER then you.

CSGO despite being a FPS, you can think of professions such as which weapon you can use at which time. Example: If your enemies have 2 snipers, 3 rifles you will want to obviously match them, unless you have no economy. So if you are working on no economy, you pull out a kitten shotgun and kill them. EZ 1 shot.

The more I look at the PvP in GW2, the more I realize that the issue is not with “Profession stacking” or “People swapping mid-game”

These changes are being made based on YOUR thoughts and opinions that ANet is listening to.

ArenaNet does not listen to the top 5% of PvP player’s anymore, because our opinions do no matter. We can literally win a 5dh v real comp game in a clean sweep.

The problem is simply that new player’s cannot get into PvP easily with the current meta, thus the only alternative is to keep progressing instead of degressing back into a prior state of the game to keep the flow going. Hence why they arent choosing to bring back team-queue or nerf DH.

The only solution for my new player’s is to sadly, Get Good at the game by learning from people. Ask people for help, duel them, learn each and every class along with all skills for that class. This includes animations, sounds, etc.

Nothing ANET does will help 50% of the playerbase of PvP, because they aren’t willing to learn to become better at the game. They rather cry on the forums about nerfing and fixing “bugs” that are not actually a problem.

This is now Casual Wars 2 boys. I’m riding this train till the next expansion so I can knock Bubbles teeth out as a naked asura under the water with my Kraitkin.

I’m a little leery of your claim to be in the “top 5%” of PvP players. I’ll accept it for the sake of argument.
Sorry, but the top 5% aren’t what supports and moves the game. Catering to the elites is a serious mistake as has been demonstrated over and over in the real world.
The idea that players, “aren’t willing to learn to become better at the game,” is patently false. This is, I know, a trendy attitude for millenials to take. It’s false though. I heard similar arguments for why it was really OK to stack matches with predetermined outcomes in S3. It didn’t work then and it won’t work now.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: dmndbcK.3425

dmndbcK.3425

If it’s so patently false, then why are there so many threads about DH being OP and about class swapping being an issue?

Also, If your so doubtful maybe we should meet ingame. 500G high risk duel since you think I’m not in that top 5% category.

I’ll even go 2 traitlines for you if you would like

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

aren’t willing to learn to become better at the game.

Maybe this

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

You don’t understand what I’m concerned about. I don’t care about “stacking” because stacking is not the issue.

The issue is that if my necro gets put into a match against a Mesmer, a thief, a warrior, a AS LB druid, and a guardian. (all commonly queued classes in todays meta) I’m going to be 100% comp screwed and will be nothing but a rallybot for the enemy team the entire match.

I could queue my necro last season because I could swap off it I got comp screwed. I won’t be able to do that with prof lock so I won’t be able to play my main next season.

Locking Prof takes away agency away from me, I will not support having my agency taken away from me.

YouTube

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

You don’t understand what I’m concerned about. I don’t care about “stacking” because stacking is not the issue.

The issue is that if my necro gets put into a match against a Mesmer, a thief, a warrior, a AS LB druid, and a guardian. (all commonly queued classes in todays meta) I’m going to be 100% comp screwed and will be nothing but a rallybot for the enemy team the entire match.

I could queue my necro last season because I could swap off it I got comp screwed. I won’t be able to do that with prof lock so I won’t be able to play my main next season.

Locking Prof takes away agency away from me, I will not support having my agency taken away from me.

So what you are saying is you don’t want to bring to light the over/under used classes and have the possibility of forcing Devs to actually balance classes. Since with Profession locking it will make people play the safe Overtuned classes which will spotlight balancing disparities for this game mode.

And in that quote I was referencing your argument stating that Anet never mentioned or implied stopping class stacking which they did or are you going to ignore you stated such?

Voting yes will help the gamemode balance move forward, while voting no is letting it stagnate.

The benefits outway the Cons.

But I forget myself some Players in this game don’t have any sense of looking at what benefits long term.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

So what you are saying is you don’t want to bring to light the over/under used classes and have the possibility of forcing Devs to actually balance classes. Since with Profession locking it will make people play the safe Overtuned classes which will spotlight balancing disparities for this game mode.

And in that quote I was referencing your argument stating that Anet never mentioned or implied stopping class stacking which they did or are you going to ignore you stated such?

Voting yes will help the gamemode balance move forward, while voting no is letting it stagnate.

The benefits outway the Cons.

But I forget myself some Players in this game don’t have any sense of looking at what benefits long term.

As long as counters exist (which they will and should) and there isnt any type of pick system before match, you should be able to switch before starting the game.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Crinn.7864

The “disparities” are can be datamined by Anet without locking anything. The game already tracks win/loss rates by class and by MMR, and what counters what is common knowledge.

I have no idea why you think making it worse is somehow going to make it better. As long as locking is in place any class with clear counters will be unplayable.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Antonio.1387

Antonio.1387

50% on Yes?

I think I’ve underestimated the population of bronze and silver players.

Jokes aside. Apparently anet is going to LOCK class after 90s prep time. I wonder how much the dev understand 1v1 matchups and swapping class mid game will help the situation. Some classes ( I mean druid specifically) will get screwed so badly by their counter matchup in 1v1 and swapping class will be the only way out if they want a higher chance of winning.

I don’t know where anet came up with this ridiculous idea. If trying to kill the whole pvp scene is the purpose, I think this is amazing. (Both class locking before and after prep time)

(edited by Antonio.1387)

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’s class stacking that needs to go. 2 of a particular class should be enough, we don’t need 9 guardians in a game.

Of course it wouldn’t be a problem if the game was balanced properly.

in PvP

Posted by: Martinec.6579

Martinec.6579

Please vote no, blind queues makes no sense. Tuning the group’s composition during the 2 minutes wait time is an essential part of the game, especially for solo/duo queuer.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

People say that it will force people to Q as War/Guard/Ranger whatever and niche classes wont get played. Well doesn’t that mean it will actually shine a better light on weak classes that need to be buffed or strong classes that need to be nerfed. I think that’s good for the PvP balance.

Also if everyone queues as those 3 classes they can expect much higher Q times.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Well doesn’t that mean it will actually shine a better light on weak classes that need to be buffed or strong classes that need to be nerfed.

Putting more flashing LED banks on a police car that already has 10 different flashing LED banks doesn’t improve visibility much.

The balance is already a known quantity. Moreover some classes are always going to have certain counters no matter what Anet does with them.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: chibi.2537

chibi.2537

I blindly voted yes because it’s at least some kind of change. But when I saw that no has more votes I was relieved.
Profession locking is not the real problem. Real problem is profession stacking. Matchmaking should be reworked to put together teams with 5 different professions with maybe a limit to 2 per armor weight class. Or 2 same proffesions but still a limit to 2 per armor weight class. Those restrictions could work with profession locking.