PvE players farm r50 in 2 weeks, disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

hotjoin in casual browsers shouldnt be punished…and neither should single hot join tournaments, not everyone wants to form a party of OP classes to get win after win, and i personally dont want to face them and get rolled everytime. there still isnt a rank seperation from a team of r 1-12 ending up fighting ranks 40-50’s…and its pathetic to give the high ranking guys favor over this because its not a challenge. underdogs get the short end of the stick in tournaments. browsers are a way people can move up in rank or whatever, if im headed to work and want a quick game but a good chunk of rank/glory, im sure as hell not going to sit in a queue for a tourney JUST for rank.

Basically you are afraid to improve yourself i guess. You won’t be magically as good as an r50 players if you grind your way in hotjoin. You will still be playing like an r10.

Hotjoin is nice to learn your skills, the map, enemy skills, but you will never learn tactics, true gameplay or how to think. However, you are still getting rewarded better than ones who do know these things…

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

Wait, I thought hotjoin was pretty worthless for rank points? How exactly are people rank farming?

in PvP

Posted by: Soyboy.3548

Soyboy.3548

One way they could get rid of this problem is just make it as easy to level to 80 in pvp as it is in pve. This would penalize the exploiters for investing all that time exploiting the past few months. Obviously the best way is to just remove all exploited rank acquired, but for some reason, MMOs don’t ever take this approach (upset a few people to please the masses)

I would like to have a shark/phoenix finisher too, with 20 slot bags, with cool armor skins, but currently the only people who have these exploited.

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

One way they could get rid of this problem is just make it as easy to level to 80 in pvp as it is in pve. This would penalize the exploiters for investing all that time exploiting the past few months. Obviously the best way is to just remove all exploited rank acquired, but for some reason, MMOs don’t ever take this approach (upset a few people to please the masses)

I would like to have a shark/phoenix finisher too, with 20 slot bags, with cool armor skins, but currently the only people who have these exploited.

Actually PvP rank was never intended to be the same as PvE level. r80 is a very long-term goal. An almost eternal road to walk.

In GW1, only 7-9 players managed to max a PvP rank (we had many ranks for different gamemodes, and nobody managed to max all of them). And that game is more than 8 years old.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Kugron.5128

Kugron.5128

I really don’t see how they can fix this problem, and I can guarantee you there will be no rollback. I recently had an issue with my account and asked to have it rolled back, and I had the customer service representative explain to me how it costs a lot of man hours and resources with a third party program to rollback an account, and this was just for one. I can’t imagine they would go back on a massive amount of accounts.

Also, there have been exploits in pvp before that were never rolled back. There are some pvpers who are running around with rank 80 items because of the exploit that let you get dragon tokens early, nothing was done about that.

Honestly they might aswell just scrap the rank system entirely, I’m not really sure what they would put in place to gate off the items.

in PvP

Soyboy.3548

Maybe it is easier to roll back everyone and harder to roll back one person?

Also, this is GW2. Not GW1. Different game. That’s like using Diablo 1 as a template for Diablo 2 and 3.

in PvP

Posted by: Edo Tensei.8254

Edo Tensei.8254

We’re changing it so that glory is only rewarded at the end of a match, which should stop the exploit where players leave and rejoin the match. We are also actively looking into other options to prevent this exploiting.

Thanks for the report!

and dont forget to remove glory from the peoples which did farm glory in skyhammer map.

in PvP

Soyboy.3548

Just preventing extended games isn’t doing enough to curtail this. That would also affect people who spvp while waiting on tpvp queues such that they wouldn’t get any glory/rank for killing people on the way to tpvp. Just remove the glory.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

they’re really not going to do that. they will do the simpler thing and add better thing than rank for prestige. rank is dead. i would be surprised if they don’t do it like I say, would be simpler and make everyone happier ultimately. but then again, anet have shown before they like to be different and unique snowflake with half-kitten implementation

in PvP

Soyboy.3548

So you’re saying they’re just going to reward those who rank farmed skyhammer while it was allowed and punish those who didn’t take advantage of that opportunity by not taking away their rank status or making it easier for people to gain rank?

in PvP

Kugron.5128

So you’re saying they’re just going to reward those who rank farmed skyhammer while it was allowed and punish those who didn’t take advantage of that opportunity by not taking away their rank status or making it easier for people to gain rank?

Yup, pretty much.

/15 chars

in PvP

milo.6942

yes, it’s extremely unlikely. i would suggest to them that rank is not displayed on scoreboard anymore, that higher level ranks are much easier to obtain, and there is replacement prestige rank that actually works and is based off of player tournament wins.

in PvP

Soyboy.3548

I’m not a fan of any new rank system based off of tournament wins. FOTM build cookie cutters will be at the top. Not underdogs who make viable fun builds. People who join pvp guilds will not be having fun—they will be playing what they are told to play, which is fotm or get out and not play tournies.

in PvP

Kugron.5128

I’m not a fan of any new rank system based off of tournament wins. FOTM build cookie cutters will be at the top. Not underdogs who make viable fun builds. People who join pvp guilds will not be having fun—they will be playing what they are told to play, which is fotm or get out and not play tournies.

Not to get off topic, but it’s like this for the rest of the game aswell. Top WvW guilds want their players running specific builds to compliment what the team needs, PvE guild and dungeon groups kick people who don’t run full zerk FotM builds. There’s nothing that can be done to avoid the build favoritism.

in PvP

Soyboy.3548

Not to get off topic, but it’s like this for the rest of the game aswell. Top WvW guilds want their players running specific builds to compliment what the team needs, PvE guild and dungeon groups kick people who don’t run full zerk FotM builds. There’s nothing that can be done to avoid the build favoritism.

Yes there is, just don’t join groups with black and white thinkers who turn a game into a job.

in PvP

milo.6942

i can’t comprehend your post. of course the players that run most effective builds will be on top. what were you expecting?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Also, this is GW2. Not GW1. Different game. That’s like using Diablo 1 as a template for Diablo 2 and 3.

They did on diablo 2 but sadly they didn’t for diablo 3…and we all know how it ended up…

in PvP

Posted by: Skeub.6740

Skeub.6740

really persuasive method gg

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

I dont understand why this is still not patched. From what I understand, this obviously exploit-y farming keeps going since months now. I hate to say it, but I miss Blizzard. They made tons of bad decisions over the years but I am fairly certain that in their game such blatant progression exploit as this would be emergency hotfixed mere hours after it became apparent.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

@Awe if this was PVE, yes Arenanet would handle it in hours, it’s not PVE.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

really persuasive method gg

People start here from r1… it’s just sad, so sad.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

it’s ok if you’re rank 50ish and you do skyhammer to get dat r60 emote. you got the experience and the skill so you doing skyhammer is fine. i bet that rank 70 guy did a lot of skyhammer and its fine. he’s proven himself, got experience.

but if you’re like rank 3 and want to be rank 50 in no time by just doing skyhammer, that’s what’s wrong. and these people are called “skyhammer heroes”.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

If they lose on purpose so one side gets glory and rank point faster, that’s match manipulation, it goes against the code of conduct and must be stopped.

It’s “Red resigns” all over again.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Edo Tensei.8254

Edo Tensei.8254

i have an idea , arenanet should give those who did farm skyhammer , automatically the rang “Skyhammer Heroes” insteed of Champion Paragon ,Champion Legionär , Champion Magus etc.

so we all can see who did farm skyhammer and can laugh about….

in PvP

Posted by: tronjeremy.5820

tronjeremy.5820

So this basically brings up that level doesn’t mean much and it should.
- Devs arn’t banning for this like they would in pve (Reflects the respect devs give to pvp)
- Also shows that rank and how it was designed actually mean nothing. (Reason? If they jump in rank in pvp they aren’t losing money. If they jump in rank in pve they could be missing out on gem purchases for boosts etc.) It’s business I get it.

Make pvp more lucrative from a business standpoint and ANET will give it more attention. Right now it is a cherry on top for them that really generates little money compared to pve. I think more media and blogs should be reached out to and shown the state of pvp. Arguing in forums hasn’t resulted in change, but if the media gets a wiff they will put more resources into pvp.

Write Massively here – http://massively.joystiq.com/contact/tips/

If you have other media that might hear us out please post a link.

Best Teef NA – http://twitch.tv/tronjeremy_
S/D Condi Build Video – http://goo.gl/bYGs9n
Stronkhold Beta Gameplay – http://goo.gl/IMb8qb

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

All the effort some people made to get rank 40-60 now is ridiculously.

I don’t even want to complain or QQ . . . i just sad how Anet let this to happen.

I use to have the illusion to have the shark finisher and feel proud of it . . now it will be common as having a gem purchased finisher.

All the happiness i use to feel when i left Diablo 3 to play this is disappearing . . . all over again, huge mistakes that can not be fixed and we all have to kitten our self.

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

yeh… up to 1000 glory/5 minutes

(in theory) that is 144.000 in 12 hours so easy from rank 1 to rank 30 in 1 day

even if someone doesnt farm all day and not 100% effective he will still get rank 30+ in less than a week

ridiculous!!!!!
WTF

also this is definitly not intended and i was happy before that farm that pvp titles/ranks were on of the few things were you actually needed a little bit of skill
(you can win easy vs the computer but not as easy vs other players…)

now every pvp noob can have rank 40 super easy
and people who really farmed it all the time will be rank 50 to 60+
without real pvp experience…

edit:
i think the big tournaments should reward like 1 million glory and rank points

its the thing that actually needs REALLY skill and if you won all matches you deserve it
if farmers get it why dont real skill gets the reward too?

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

also they get free lvl 20 slot bags for every char which they dont deserve*

depending on available bag slots and number of alts…

thats like 250-1000g!

ITS A PVE RELATED EXPLOIT ANET FIX IT

PVE PVE YOU SEE FIX IT NOW!
as you only care about pve exploits obviously i had to make clear how much pve related and about gold that exploit is

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in PvP

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

Like I said, we’re looking into other options to prevent the exploiting.

do you realize most people think your game is a joke and they can exploit whatever they can and just get away with a slap on the wrist?.

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

I can’t believe there are still skyhammer servers for glory farming.
Why hasn’t this been blocked, stopped, rolled back, ban players for x days etc.
This is some serious problem like RR day.
People are getting rank without any effort at all!
Everyone who spend all their time in normally getting rank 50+…..
People who farm skyhammer for a week or two get the same rank!!
How is this not bannable, but when there’s a pve related exploit it’s permaban time?

Man i should’ve done this exploit as well and get rank 70 when i had the chance.
I didn’t know Arenanet stopped giving bans for cheating people.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

thats like 250-1000g!

as you only care about pve exploits obviously i had to make clear how much pve related and about gold that exploit is

20 slot bags? Do you know that r60 bags are still 18 slots right? Guess not…..

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

thats like 250-1000g!

Good try, but it’s still a spvp exploit .
If i were even slightly interested in getting rank or glory, i would exploit it right know before they nerf it somehow, because it’s clear as water to me that they won’t do anything to anyone who achieved rank by using this exploit. So exploit it while you can.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Still patching

Did the Patch anything against Skyhammer-farming?
The Patchnotes say nothing about it…

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

The patch notes are missing, but glory and rank points are awarded at the end of the match now. This means no more rejoining to reset your glory cap. This still is not all the changes we’ll make. More to come later.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Kensei.1495

Kensei.1495

The patch notes are missing, but glory and rank points are awarded at the end of the match now. This means no more rejoining to reset your glory cap. This still is not all the changes we’ll make. More to come later.

Do you mean that you actually have to reach the score limit to get glory?

Or just a “generic” end of the game? (Like /gameend)

hue

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Ok…that’s a beginning.

But PLEASE specify the term “later”.

in PvP

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

That’s a good start. Changes the farming from 1000 every 5 minutes to 300 every 5 minutes.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in PvP

Posted by: Floryn.6307

Floryn.6307

Any rollback planned for the abusers? I don’t care about banning them, (in the end it was a design mistake) but taking back the glory farmed using this method, should be the least you guys can do to discourage this behavior.

Band of BrothersMore than a guild, more than a team

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

If players had exploited in pve to get gold/karma/levels they would have this stripped (at least I’ve seen this or even bans given in other games). Also, usually when exploits are found in most mmos I’ve played they are fixed extremely quickly, even with server rollbacks etc.

Not true. It depends on how obvious abuse was, how long it was, easy to track, etc. Things like karma-weapon glitches at launch, where people bought thousands of weapons for far less than it was supposed to sell for then selling them back made tons of money and were banned.

However things like CoF p1 fence-hopping glitch to get 4 chests (and completely cheese your way out of a boss fight and make the end fight even easier) wasn’t fixed for weeks, and to my knowledge there weren’t any bans handed out, nor anything taken away. And that was something that gave people in game gold and items, not essentially worthless rank/glory (at least for now).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Personally I don’t see the value of getting some imaginary rank that I did not actually earn…

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: JTan.1687

JTan.1687

This what happen when you farm your rank

Attachments:

Super Mang Jose,Naomi j,Chzerie,Despicable Me
Champion Genius, Legionnaire, Paragon, Hunter, Illusionist,Phantom,Magus.
Undercoverism[UC]

in PvP

Posted by: Kensei.1495

Kensei.1495

+1 made me laugh irl

hue

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Funniest thing for me was the ranger calling himself The Guardian, did not dig too deep for that, or maybe he was being ironic or some hippy nonsense like that.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I can’t see were the drama is coming from… Devs do this all the time (in this game) they say one thing and do another. No surprise there!

About the (in)balance team, Sharp i trust! even if i don’t agree with him I give him the benefit of the doubt, he knows (most of the time) what he is talking about.
As for Peters and Karl?!… I would like to visit the “special” world that they live in.

in PvP

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I thought this was fixed. i don’t see any farming groups anymore. Just the normal hotjoins. Are these the password locked rooms or something your referring to?

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

I thought this was fixed. i don’t see any farming groups anymore. Just the normal hotjoins. Are these the password locked rooms or something your referring to?

There are still many servers doing this. The “nerf” made the 10k/hour to drop to 6k/hour.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I guess since noone is going to fix this I’ll start farming too

bigger bags , here i come!

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Yea let’s all start cheating now since they dont do rollbacks or bans anymore.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

I cant get it. All answers in here from Anet staff just telling one thing: “We dont give a **** about PvP!”.

I mean seriously, the absolute minimum to do is to announce thats those players will get banned, even if its just for the determent if you cant handle it for real. I know its to late anyway, but your solution is nothing else than another slap in the face for all the honest players out there.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

a bit too late ….
why cheating , exploiting …..in this game has no punishment ?

This game is behind in everything. Another game takes there player base and then they start saying “we have changes to counter this”…… Your playerbase is already gone… Doesn’t matter what changes you have……. These guys are already rank 50, everyone who wanted to abuse it abused it already….. Doesn’t matter what changes you make because they are already rank 50.