Ranger - Needed Changes

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Greatsword #4 Counterattack and Greatsword #5 Hilt Bash need to have the same range. They read as the same range but this is not true when actually using Hilt Bash.
If Hilt Bash had the same range as Counterattack, Rangers could stream attack combos much more easily.

Sword #2 ~ After the first click which jolts you backwards, the time interval that allows you to wait before needing to do the second click, should be increased. This would allow a Ranger greater time to untarget, face a direction and jolt away with the second click jolt forward. This would help the Ranger with it’s disengagement and give a viable choice over Greatswords.

Axe Off-Hand #5 ~ Increase the radius of effect baseline, proportionately to how it was pre 6/23/2015 with the old trait that reduced off-hand recharge and increased off-hand range. Axe Off-Hand was actually viable then.

Skirmishing ~ Trapper’s Expertise and Strider’s Defense need to swap their positions so that condi specs can run both Sharpened Edges and Trapper’s Expertise.

Traps ~ Remove the arming time or significantly boost the DPS of traps. Right now traps are a joke compared to Ele fire rings, Purging flames and all of the other enormous fast casting condi splash AoE available to other classes.

Empathic Bond ~ Change this to: Removes 1 condition every 3 seconds. Here is why: After the DPS creep and condi patch, the current Empathic Bond of removes 3 conditions every 10 seconds is too slow vs. the strength of condi bursting, especially burn stacking. It’s often that a Ranger will die after a condi burst before 10 seconds are up to cleanse his condis. 1 condition every 3 seconds would be a more practical approach at this point, especially vs. burning.

Pets Remastered ~ Pets need a serious overhaul. The only useful pets in spvp are wolf/drakehound and sometimes hyena/spiders. The CCs are critical for success as a Ranger in pvp and not enough pets have CCs. This renders large majority of pets completely useless. Either up the damage of some of the non-CC pets or give them CCs.

~ With the above changes, Ranger could be viable in meta.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

Greatsword #4 Counterattack and Greatsword #5 Hilt Bash need to have the same range. They read as the same range but this is not true when actually using Hilt Bash.
If Hilt Bash had the same range as Counterattack, Rangers could stream attack combos much more easily.

Sword #2 ~ After the first click which jolts you backwards, the time interval that allows you to wait before needing to do the second click, should be increased. This would allow a Ranger greater time to untarget, face a direction and jolt away with the second click jolt forward. This would help the Ranger with it’s disengagement and give a viable choice over Greatswords.

Axe Off-Hand #5 ~ Increase the radius of effect baseline, proportionately to how it was pre 6/23/2015 with the old trait that reduced off-hand recharge and increased off-hand range. Axe Off-Hand was actually viable then.

Skirmishing ~ Trapper’s Expertise and Strider’s Defense need to swap their positions so that condi specs can run both Sharpened Edges and Trapper’s Expertise.

Traps ~ Remove the arming time or significantly boost the DPS of traps. Right now traps are a joke compared to Ele fire rings, Purging flames and all of the other enormous fast casting condi splash AoE available to other classes.

Empathic Bond ~ Change this to: Removes 1 condition every 3 seconds. Here is why: After the DPS creep and condi patch, the current Empathic Bond of removes 3 conditions every 10 seconds is too slow vs. the strength of condi bursting, especially burn stacking. It’s often that a Ranger will die after a condi burst before 10 seconds are up to cleanse his condis. 1 condition every 3 seconds would be a more practical approach at this point, especially vs. burning.

Pets Remastered ~ Pets need a serious overhaul. The only useful pets in spvp are wolf/drakehound and sometimes hyena/spiders. The CCs are critical for success as a Ranger in pvp and not enough pets have CCs. This renders large majority of pets completely useless. Either up the damage of some of the non-CC pets or give them CCs.

i find my cats very useful sometimes even downs players before i do any real damage with my own skills. however i do think pets need a major hp or toughness over hall.they die way to fast

master jedi david

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Redemer.2601

Redemer.2601

I would like to add give all traps the same duration (time until they disapear) since I often use them to give me a warning and when they all have different duration )not sure if all but spike traps has longest by far) that would make them a lot easier to use

and my personal dream make us able to place 2 of each acually promoting useing traps as traps and not a bonfire like anet said they wanted WHEN THEY REMOVED THROWABLE TRAPS
while I find this very unlikely to be implemented ALL of those abilities you listed really need to be fixed

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Greatsword #4 Counterattack* and *Greatsword #5 agree but i don;t have much issue with it as its ok with super speed from quicken zypher and or quickness.

Sword #2 ~ agree need a bigger window between leap away and into right now the window is slightly too short you pretty much have 2seconds to press it or you will loose the chance to leap away or back into combat.

Axe Off-Hand #5 ~ agreed need a radius increase and i think it should increase in Hits if you weild two Axes which would increase Vun application+ bleeds = more damage.

Skirmishing ~ Trapper’s Expertise and Strider’s Defense need to swap their positions so that condi specs can run both Sharpened Edges and Trapper’s Expertise. << I like this alot i get annoyed that traps and sharpened edges share the same adept slot.
if they don’t swap it around i’d like to see spike traps Damage Co-Ed be increased.

(but a concern is Hidden barbs now sharing the same slot as sharpen edges) which could just be made base line or and adept instead of Natural Vigor we have more than enough Vigour choices now , id rather have Hidden barbs as a minor adept.

Traps ~ im ok with the arming time if they increase the Direct damage Co-eds on spike trap if they don’t swap the adepts around.

Empathic Bond ~ im fine with Eb how is , due to SoR and the amount of regen that could be shared with the pet if going nature beastmastery.

Pets Remastered ~ the dogs, spiders is just a common meta as power Rangers increased they gave up CC Utilties for SoS, Protect me ect so they filled the gap with Pet CC’s , i use a Lynx and Saimoth in Pvp due to me having spike Trap/muddy terrain/LR , Entangle i have enough often CC to change pets.
the only thing pets need is a pet with a Condi stat or allowing us to set up the pets rotations rather than sticking to the current one or swappable f2’s like Exchanging f2 wolf fear or wolf leap , a controled leap KD when needed and then the fear becomes a on swap ability swap Fear > f2’ leap on command.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

You want to increase damage of traps??? What? If anything, they should be nerfed.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: StonePower.8321

StonePower.8321

@OP:

You want to increase damage of traps??? What? If anything, they should be nerfed.

Nerf ranger traps… are you actually serious ??

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Emphatic Bond should be changed to just have the pet give itself 2s (3s when taking Nature Magic) of Resistance per condition pulled.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

What rangers really need to be viable is access to boon stripping and at least 1 teleport.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Ranger changes needed..

Base changes
-Ranger is made a high HP class, like the warrior and necromancer
-Pet HP in WvW and PvP is buffed to PvE levels, there is no reason to keep the split anymore considering that pets are god kitten awful in WvW and there was a big power creep in PvP
-Pets gain 300 healing power, 300 condition damage and 300 ferocity baseline
-Another F ability is introduced that allows the players to control abilities such as dog knockback, bird swiftness, moa AOE heal and so on. There is no reason not to seeing how they gave the engi an F5

Trait changes:
-Pets gain another 150 healing power, 150 condition damage and 150 ferocity from the alpha minor BM trait that also buffs the core stats
-Emphatic bonds converts 3 conditions from ranger into boons for pet on proc, or give 3 seconds of resistance to the pet on condition transfer.
-BM trait that gives movement speed to the pet does so to the ranger as well, no longer gives the 300 ferocity, -33% on the slowing conditions as well similar to dodged march
-Opening strike will be baseline reset when killing an enemy, this used to be the old Remorseless trait
-Brutish seals also given a kitten of resistance on use, should not be a problem seeing how big the signet CDs are for the ranger

Utility changes:
-Signet of renewal no longer transfers conditions to the pet, it just clears conditions from the ranger and the pet
-Protect me no longer kills the pet but will last 4 seconds instead of 6
-Sick em has a 30s CD down from 40s and removes 3 boons from the target

One of many possible ways the Ranger could be tweaked.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Just fix the pets already.. Its been 3 years

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

Me and my team (E Dream) won a game versus the Abjured in the ESLs for the first time since 30 weeks with me on ranger. We are also constantly winning the Academy Gaming tournaments. Ranger is viable if the player is good enough.

I do agree with some of the much needed changes tho!

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

(edited by Skullface.7293)

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Me and my team (E Dream) won a game versus the Abjured in the ESLs for the first time since 30 weeks with me on ranger. We are also constantly winning the Academy Gaming tournaments. Ranger is viable if the player is good enough.

Do you mind sharing the build you’ve been having success with? You’ve piqued my interest.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I do think power rangers are in a good enough spot if babysat by some amazing players. but I think you beating the Abjured once is an exception based on their mistakes, rather than a common occurrence based on your skill and contribution.

there is absolutely no reason to pick the best power ranger in the game (which very likely isn’t you) over an average mesmer. power rangers are okay, and with a few minor nerfs to d/d eles and mesmers, would be quite viable. as I mentioned in another thread, I feel power rangers are very good replacements for maurauder engies, zerker warriors, and a few other average specs for example. the top specs in the game right now are your cele d/d eles, interrupt mesmers, and signet necros. rest is just gravy. it doesn’t matter…thief, zerker warrior, ranger whatever.

regarding OP’s suggestions, they don’t even scratch the surface of what’s really wrong with the prof. ive never heard of him and he certainly doesn’t speak for the ranger community.

OH axe was never, ever viable, and wont be until sword is improved (for s/a synergy), and/or until axe 5 is reworked because it’s an entirely useless weapon skill.

birds are actually the best pets for any power ranger if speccing for beastly warden. pets don’t need overhauls. at least 5-6 are viable for competitive pvp, but others require f2 reworks. rangers have weak weapons, and also need about a dozen utilities reworked (spirits, 3 shouts, 2 survival skills, etc.)

but to reiterate the main problem with rangers competitively is that mesmers and d/d eles are so strong. the secondary problems are weak weapon skills and a dozen terrible utilities. the tertiary problem is a bunch of useless pets.

people are talking about rangers needing to become a high vit prof, and I couldn’t agree more. this would open up settler and rabid builds once again, as low vit ammies leave ranger too vulnerable to spikes. this is a very simple change that would as well give power rangers a slight edge they badly need, and would most definitely bring condi bunkers back. my cele condi bunker is pretty strong already, but the damage is lacking somewhat…the condi ranger just needs a little bit more oomph to be viable.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: alvarez.3159

alvarez.3159

@OP:

kitten those 600 chilltrap crits too OP

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

@ Skullface
I agree, Ranger is viable if played very well but it’s certainly not meta anywhere even near how D/D Cele Ele or Mesmer is. I think the greater point that needs to be ultimately expressed is that “everything is balanced” in an environment without Eles or Mesmers.

My proposed changes are simply to clean up clunky gameplay for Ranger.

@mistsim
You are an abrasive and insulting forum user.
You are also mislead on quite a few aspects of competitive Ranger play.
It would do you good to humble yourself.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Skullface.7293

there is absolutely no reason to pick the best power ranger in the game (which very likely isn’t you) over an average mesmer.

Cool.

Do you mind sharing the build you’ve been having success with? You’ve piqued my interest.

Here is the build I am using with my team: http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARTjEqQLL2wCmsAVLGyEqOZDgD4n8I/x9EPBa8CWdA-TpBFABiXGghHAgc7PQwhAYhLAAAHBAA

Hiro || Talgo

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

there is absolutely no reason to pick the best power ranger in the game (which very likely isn’t you) over an average mesmer.

Cool.

Here is the build I am using with my team: http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARTjEqQLL2wCmsAVLGyEqOZDgD4n8I/x9EPBa8CWdA-TpBFABiXGghHAgc7PQwhAYhLAAAHBAA

It is indeed a very durable build. You’re lucky to have a team to progress with, best fortune on your journey! Do you notice any difference with Sigil of blood, how much does it proc?

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Skullface.7293

It is indeed a very durable build. You’re lucky to have a team to progress with, best fortune on your journey! Do you notice any difference with Sigil of blood, how much does it proc?

Sigil of blood is very good against tanky specs, and since the sigil of fire nerf alot has been switching to it. Blood may proc abit less compared to fire since you have to be in a fight to proc it, but it is effective.

It’s awesome to be able to represent this class with my team, they really are the best teammates I ever had. It’s so much easier to play competitively when you are all a bunch of friends playing together.

Hiro || Talgo

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Pets have always been the ranger’s main source of weakness. One would think that a panther constantly mauling you during a fight would at least be distraction. Sadly, the AI is such that ignoring pets is incredibly easy. Since Anet shows no interest in making them smarter, melee pets should have a range of 600 for all attacks. Ranged pets should have the speed of their projectiles doubled so they actually hit a moving target. For wvw, I’d like to see a “no pet” option. Pets get nuked by enemy zerg aoes so fast that they are completely useless. It would be better to just keep them stowed and get a 20% damage buff. Lastly, I’d like to see the pet switch timer reduced to 20 seconds.

Osu

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Rogue Potato.4723

Rogue Potato.4723

We need the option of having no pets at all. Honestly it’s a kittening hindrance more than anything with how it is atm. Move the rangers spirit abilities to be our unique class thinggy that we control with our F buttons. Replace them in the utility skill slot with preparations (bring them back) and only give us the option of pet if we spec into beast mastery.

“When there’s no point in doing something, the best idea is not to do it.”

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

We need the option of having no pets at all. Honestly it’s a kittening hindrance more than anything with how it is atm. Move the rangers spirit abilities to be our unique class thinggy that we control with our F buttons. Replace them in the utility skill slot with preparations (bring them back) and only give us the option of pet if we spec into beast mastery.

This is a great idea.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Padra.1678

Padra.1678

Hello everyone. My name is Webweaver. I am an tpvp player and I have played ranger since the beginning. Recently I had to stop playing ranger because there is not a tpvp team out there that wants one (not cool anet.) Personally I do not think that ranger is in that horrible of a spot its just that it is outclassed by everything else. To make ranger effective in tpvp it needs a few things the first being team support which i guess is going to be druid. Here are some of my suggestions to help with rangers other problems:

-LB RANGER-

What I really want to see for ranger LB build is a way for you to stay in Lb longer for example something like a portal. Put it down and when you press it break stun and teleport back to it. Or we would also be served with haveing an on command stealth. Hunters shot is a great skill but it is literally the only way a pew ranger can stay alive. If find in my fights I get 3-4 or so hunters shots and if I miss it even once it makes its almost impossible to keep my opponent off of me. I would also really like to see a small cooldown reduction baseline on all ranger lb skills to increase our sustained damage and to keep failed hunters or point blank shots from being so crippleing. Another thing that I think would really help with ranger tpvp play is a passive way to get a signet of stone when hit below 25% health. A second signet of stone would drastically improve a rangers ability to escape when targeted.

-PETS-

I would really like to see pets have specific order in which they use there skills or better yet let us give them an order to use there skills in. I really hate when i press paralyzing venom and my spider decides that rather than go stick stuff its going to spend 2 seconds casting a venom ball that NEVER hits anything and then after words shoots its web directly into a block. Haveing a skill order would really help damage pets as well imagine a stealth cat that would always use bite from stealth or a drake that would always tail swipe or hyenas that would always tackle. I feel like a skill order would go a long way towards making pets more reliable in combat.

Also pets would be way better if the condition pets actually had condition damage in their stats rather than having to waste a trait slot on a kitten trait that does next to nothing anyway. Maby if the trait gave more condition damage and your pet had condition because it might actually do damage and be useful for stacking up conditions. Why does a devourer need power?

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Sommazzatore.8367

Sommazzatore.8367

You guys are probably the only group of people in the game that want Ranger buffs. Position yourselves right (L2P) and you will continue to dominate with the least amount of effort (minus Mes and Ele of course, but they will be nerfed soon enough.)

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

In my opinion they should make fortifying bond baseline followed by giving the pet an evade frame whenever the ranger gains an evade frame. That’s not to say you dodge for the pet, just that if you dodge something your pet dodges it too.

They made a good start with the signet changes making them affect both pet and ranger but I feel they really should treat pet and ranger the same. So instead of some things only affecting the pet or the ranger they affect both, obviously some adjustment would be needed on some skills like sick’em damage buff. I also obviously don’t mean Protect me, lol.

Also rangers shouldn’t be able to command the pet while downed except for the number 3 skill. I’m not saying it to nerf rangers or anything, just saying that all other classes lose their function key use while downed so it should be consistent.

Also making guard kitten stealth and protection for ranger and pet with longer cool down (say 25s) I think would make it a lot more useful.

Just some of my thoughts on ranger.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Padra.1678

You guys are probably the only group of people in the game that want Ranger buffs. Position yourselves right (L2P) and you will continue to dominate with the least amount of effort (minus Mes and Ele of course, but they will be nerfed soon enough.)

I am sure this is exactly right. I bet we are all just playing ranger really wrong. Sommazzator.8367 I think that you should try playing one for a month or so to show all us plebs how its done.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Puck.9612

Take a look at how much everyone agrees with you
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/How-would-you-rank-the-professions/first#post5384501

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Redemer.2601

Take a look at how much everyone agrees with you
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/How-would-you-rank-the-professions/first#post5384501

Im pretty sure he is either trolling or arent playing Ranger that much if even at all

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

Web’s point about LB #3 Hunter’s Shot is important actually. At the very least, this skill should be made unblockable and the stealth should still work even if it hits an enemy while you are blinded. There are too many methods of random counter play to Hunter’s Shot which is essential to the Ranger’s survivability.

The main thing that keeps teams from wanting Rangers is it’s low survivability when focused by more than one enemy. Things like D/D Cele Ele or any Mesmer build at this point, are able to survive like nuclear kittenroaches on point in a 1v2 where as a Ranger needs to peel and leave immediately for better positioning if he finds himself in a 1v2 or just plainly being focused. Against competitive opponents, 1v2 is not an option for a Ranger so he must peel and here is where the 2nd problem occurs. It is extremely difficult to out-peel things with teleportation so your only option for survival is indeed the short stealth disengage from Hunter’s Shot. If you can continually land Hunter’s Shot, you can survive but if you cannot, the Ranger cannot survive in the long run while being focused by more than one opponent.

In this meta we have: Nuclear burn tank Eles that teleport, Mesmers with above standard DPS & stealth that teleport all over the map, Thieves with unblockable blinding perma-team stealth that teleport, Nuclear burn Guardians that teleport, Necromancer damage tanks that teleport.

~ I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a better Hunter’s Shot along with the suggested fixes to the clunky Ranger play.

@Sommazzatore
No one is asking for buffs. They are asking for fixes.
There is a big difference my friend.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

well, since I switched to ranger class with L/G power ranger, I get a very well balanced class with pewpew burst on ranger and also good variety on melee range…
depends on your knowledge of your enemy as well ^^

what need to be “buffed/fixed” is the pet commands and condi remove should be for pet as well, ranger can become very good in tpvp if devs fixed little things
but ppl have overall a l2p issue …. little tipp; switch to melee weapon if your opponent gets melee range ^^

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

I know this build is strong and does very well in 1v1 situations with a competent Ranger behind the wheels. However, I rarely see Rangers use BM in hotjoin and was wondering why this was the case. Most seem to skip the BM traits when that traitline seems to really shine with Bird pets and all the F2 abilities you can pick up. IMO, this traitline is very underrepresented for how strong it is in 1v1 situations.

Bird F2 with Taunt + GS maul crits make for really good burst setups.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

Yes, traps are pure aids and are skill -less. There are so many things to buff about ranger. That is not one of them.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

@OP:

Yes, traps are pure aids and are skill -less. There are so many things to buff about ranger. That is not one of them.

can’t you see the Ranger planting the traps its a clear half Kneeling animation and count how many times he does it in a row and remember the locations of where he did that animation and remember the radius of each one is 1/3 the node one trap alone does not cover the edges but 3 stacked like olympic rings covers a whole point and Usally the ranger will stand in the middle for full effect so don’t port right in , if you did not see where the traps are planted .

if he has loaded up a point with Traps and you Go onto said point to attack said ranger standing on his traps or you port to his location where he is again standing on the traps you did the below and still triggered the trap .

though against Hp sustain and some Bunker types Traps don’t have enough Kick as most of it is 80% condition damage i’ve seen Diamond Skin eles Tank a Full triple stacked amount of traps with 100% condi duration and the direct damage part of all 3 traps is still not enough to even dent the hp threshold while they also have some of the best active condi clears but this build is a exception .

they really do need a direct damage boost Spike trap is supose to be mainly direct damage though its tons weaker than a Lighting reflex..

in the end

Attachments:

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Redemer.2601

@OP:

Question have you tried them?? the issue isnt really the condi dmg but the LACK of direct oo yes frost trap does direct dmg and so do all but the ammount is close to hilarious if I remember correctly my frost trap does about 700*3 with full Zojjas and that one of the HARD HITTING ones
spike trap that should be mainly physical (imo atleast) does even LESS and btw you do know that when a trap is sprung you can DODGE out of it since dodge isnt affected by cripple that way you can avoid most of the dmg unless its a spike trap
so yes they need some kinda of change since they only work for condi and now you have to choose to bleed on crit OR TRAPS
you cant have both anymore and they arent throw able either and that ONE more reason they should do more dmg

I run Cele Ranger so yes I have a LOT less condi dmg then the rest but I think I should atleast be able to take 1/4 of a guys hp with a full hit of all 3 all I end up useing them as is a way to keep distance between me and my target (I run traper runes in WvW which I am talking about btw)

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar.3916

Ragnar.3916

yep, i agree with all of them.
+ traps must be able to throw again
+ Spirits need to follow and don’t die on active skills again
+ dagger 4 dodge range need to get increased back to the old traited range again

axe 5 would be better when rangers could run when casting it, like engis can do…

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I main necro for the record, barely touch ranger. But it feels weird that ranger pets die so passively, and this needs to be addressed before any other balance issues.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Puck.9612

I main necro for the record, barely touch ranger. But it feels weird that ranger pets die so passively, and this needs to be addressed before any other balance issues.

Yup especially with the condi change. The idea of giving pets this buff Playing Favorites has been brought up in the ranger forums. It would make a huge difference in PvP and especially in WvW.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

Hrm… that buff is not a bad idea but the problem with pets goes deeper than this. With all of those selections of differnet pets, they should accommodate different types of builds structures on the Ranger’s part. Right now they do not and too many pets are plainly useless and would never be selected for use under any circumstances other than “I think a pig is funny”.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

gw1 trap rangers were awesome because you cannot dodge in gw1.

i think they forgot about dodge when they are creatibg rangwe gw2 traps

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Puck.9612

Hrm… that buff is not a bad idea but the problem with pets goes deeper than this. With all of those selections of differnet pets, they should accommodate different types of builds structures on the Ranger’s part. Right now they do not and too many pets are plainly useless and would never be selected for use under any circumstances other than “I think a pig is funny”.

This definitely isn’t an end all fix for pets, it’s just the low hanging fruit that anet likes to focus on instead of taking the time to really fix something.
As for pigs, if they would just make their forage skill function like steal so you didn’t have to stop everything and pick it up, pigs would start seeing a lot more use. The pets that really suck are devourers.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

@OP:

You actually died to ranger traps???

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

Oh and ~

Warhorn #4 birds should cause blindness ticks like Black Powder Shot.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

The only useful pets in spvp are wolf/drakehound and sometimes hyena/spiders.

guess you never tryed double bird, beastmastery builds… then you would realize that you are the pet and not the owl that hits for the same amout as a backstab.

also i find rangers in a better spot than pre patch. there are decent cele might stacking trapper point holding builds, just wourk around a bit. On the other hand if you like power builds more, try 2x bird + taunt + rapidfire.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

In higher MMRs, only Power Ranger specs are viable within coordinated teams.
You have to understand that other builds like D/D Cele Ele as example, do a condi or cele ranger’s job better than the ranger.

You have 3 primary roles amongst all archetypes:

• Primary Engager
  • Point Holder/Bunker
  • Peeler +1’er

The problem is that cele or condi ranger specs are only suited for primary engagement as they are slow and built around survival in team skirmish, not for peeling around quickly while back-capping and dealing enormous +1 DPS. Again, the problem with cele/condi ranger specs is that other classes do that job better than a ranger. The only viable ranger spec is playing as a peeler +1’er Power spec.

Also, if you were to seriously test the 1v1 capability of any ranger spec, you will see that having pets with CCs or at least immobilizations is critical for success any type of 1v1 engagement.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

ranger don’t need buff, if any it would need a nerf to taunt. rangers are doing just great

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

ranger don’t need buff, if any it would need a nerf to taunt. rangers are doing just great

I’m surprised to see people saying Ranger’s one Taunt skill is too strong. It only lasts for 2 seconds and can be broken like any other control effect and has a 15 second cooldown. What about control effects that last longer than 2 seconds or repeated dazes from Mesmers?

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Redemer.2601

thats funny since its so easy to avoid amongst other things If you get hit by it its pretty much your own fault m8 no one elses

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I wouldn’t like to see any buff on Ranger. Being farmed from extreme range while being harassed by attack drones isn’t fun. Rangers also have pretty rapid stealth, a speed signet and strong CC.

Well do I remember the rangers laughing in map chat as they insta killed my Mesmer with point blank shot > pet cc > machine gun bow and shouted “l2p.”

No, I’d oppose buffs of any kind to Ranger unless it came with a healthy nerf to the longbow and a reduction in range.

Mesmerising Girl

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Padra.1678

Unfortunately watching your Mesmer die like that would be a “l2p” issue.

Ranger - Needed Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

I wouldn’t like to see any buff on Ranger. Being farmed from extreme range while being harassed by attack drones isn’t fun. Rangers also have pretty rapid stealth, a speed signet and strong CC.

Well do I remember the rangers laughing in map chat as they insta killed my Mesmer with point blank shot > pet cc > machine gun bow and shouted “l2p.”

No, I’d oppose buffs of any kind to Ranger unless it came with a healthy nerf to the longbow and a reduction in range.

A mesmer killed by a ranger?^ Learn to play issue man. L2p^