Archaon.9524

moar lamasssss

aw…god…

Ark 2nd Account

Second Ladder Test Season

in PvP

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

" we’ll hold a test season starting on Tuesday, December 16, that will be running until Tuesday, January 13 "
I don’t see where your demands are coming from, Harvest.

The ladder kept running after Jan 13.

in PvP

Posted by: Aether.2480

Aether.2480

if they set ladder off many peoples would leave the game because playing without any goal makes no sense. they are not that dumb bruh

in PvP

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

I can understand your frustration, but you are clearly wrong here.
You choose to ignore all the news/blog entries/ingame notifications about the start & end of the first test season. They even made a blog post announcing the winners on Jan. 20:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-winter-pvp-ladder-test-season-has-ended-and-the-winners-have-been-chosen/

There have never been ongoing rewards for the leaderboards. If you can earn something, they’ll announce it.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

It’s good the new ladder won’t be a grindfest but now I feel people who strictly solo queue will be left out, there is probably only a handful of solo queuers with win ratios above 60% especially when every once in a while you get matched up against a top team for a squash match.

in PvP

Harvest.2506

if they set ladder off many peoples would leave the game because playing without any goal makes no sense. they are not that dumb bruh

The only reason the ladder is there was for the item rewards at the end. They can take it out, or replace with a ratings rewards track and people would be happy.

in PvP

Harvest.2506

I can understand your frustration, but you are clearly wrong here.
You choose to ignore all the news/blog entries/ingame notifications about the start & end of the first test season. They even made a blog post announcing the winners on Jan. 20:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-winter-pvp-ladder-test-season-has-ended-and-the-winners-have-been-chosen/

There have never been ongoing rewards for the leaderboards. If you can earn something, they’ll announce it.

ONE news entry. No in-game notification,

The session that ended forced you to play endlessly, Its not a choice if you want to climb to play game after game. compared to Path Of Exile or D3 the notifications are lacking.

They never announce Mawdrey players had to discovery it. They never use to have ongoing login dailies either it naturally came to being from what existed.

in PvP

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

I don’t think anyone should be rewarded.

The winning team comp =
2-3 Celes, decap, condi/burst/cele

This game isn’t esports it’s fashionwars…
That’s why the rewards are all cosmetic, and the tournaments are worth 10,000$ compared to LoL tournies which are what 1mil+?

The strategy involved in this game is very basic, and if you think you’ve accomplished something by spamming games which I did the same you’re not.

This game is fun don’t get me wrong, but it’s definitely not some crazy intense strategy game, that all died with Metabattle, when 90% of the game wasn’t running copy and paste builds…

Dusty Dawg

in PvP

jbondo.9817

I don’t think anyone should be rewarded.

The winning team comp =
2-3 Celes, decap, condi/burst/cele

This game isn’t esports it’s fashionwars…
That’s why the rewards are all cosmetic, and the tournaments are worth 10,000$ compared to LoL tournies which are what 1mil+?

The strategy involved in this game is very basic, and if you think you’ve accomplished something by spamming games which I did the same you’re not.

This game is fun don’t get me wrong, but it’s definitely not some crazy intense strategy game, that all died with Metabattle, when 90% of the game wasn’t running copy and paste builds…

Everything in pve that’s suppose to be challenging is literally spam as much dps as you can and res everytime someone goes down, and from playing pvp it’s almost the same thing expect you’re using invulns to res, timing bursts, watching animations.. etc.. this game is easy..

Dusty Dawg

in PvP

Harvest.2506

I have a champion Genius I don’t run Celes. Melandru/ Sentential with a sheild.

And since this IS FashionWARs Gimme my 3 pieces of Glorius Hero’s Armor !

(edited by Harvest.2506)

in PvP

jbondo.9817

Yeah I’ve played against you several times and I’ve seen that you just bunker down on a point worse than most turret engis, and that’s fine. I never found that type of combat exciting, but if you want wins that’s the way to go.

Dusty Dawg

in PvP

Harvest.2506

Yeah I’ve played against you several times and I’ve seen that you just bunker down on a point worse than most turret engis, and that’s fine. I never found that type of combat exciting, but if you want wins that’s the way to go.

I’ve finshed all the achieves for engi about 3 weeks ago, to move to d/d ele or Necromancers cause they look better on twitch, and Youtube.

in PvP

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

The session that ended forced you to play endlessly, Its not a choice if you want to climb to play game after game.

You just failed to read thoroughly, you quote an article that ANet published (One that you must have read since you knew about the season and the rewards for the season) but there’s a quote in it that shoots down your whole argument :
“To test all the exciting improvements to the leaderboards and reinforce the competitive aspect of Ranked Arena, we’ll hold a test season starting on Tuesday, December 16, that will be running until Tuesday, January 13.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-improvements-to-pvp-and-the-ladder-test-season/

This is from your news section back in November, I’m been playing None stop Hardcore since I read this, and going by the leaderboard until they were reset today.

You’re not receiving any compensation since it was laid out for you but you failed to look or pay attention to it.
The argument “the leaderboards were still active”, yes they were BUT leaderboards don’t necessarily = rewards. They had leaderboard since the start of the game but didn’t always reward them.

tldr: Evidence showing that he read the article and should have read more thoroughly since it’s the 1st sentence of that section of the post.

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

(edited by Mighty Assasin.3816)

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

itt farmer is mad that his farming was never for anything

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: MrKrataus.6420

MrKrataus.6420

Good news they did not rewarded theses guys

[vM] Alkore

in PvP

Harvest.2506

That season was hardly a farm, when facing much better people with higher mmr in premades. Not to mention the regular 4v5. Torture is more like it.

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I like the Llama, it is absolutely fabulous.
The glorious armor is simple to get anyway… It should be exclusive, otherwise, whats the point?
But TO THE GRIND LADDER!
I got to 600ish in the previous ladder before giving up, some people have more grind time than me.

Also : Hat + Eye wear confirmed?

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

That season was hardly a farm, when facing much better people with higher mmr in premades. Not to mention the regular 4v5. Torture is more like it.

do you really mean to say you werent farming ladderboard ranks? are you really pulling wool over your own eyes?

in PvP

Harvest.2506

The session that ended forced you to play endlessly, Its not a choice if you want to climb to play game after game.

You just failed to read thoroughly, you quote an article that ANet published (One that you must have read since you knew about the season and the rewards for the season) but there’s a quote in it that shoots down your whole argument :
“To test all the exciting improvements to the leaderboards and reinforce the competitive aspect of Ranked Arena, we’ll hold a test season starting on Tuesday, December 16, that will be running until Tuesday, January 13.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-improvements-to-pvp-and-the-ladder-test-season/

This is from your news section back in November, I’m been playing None stop Hardcore since I read this, and going by the leaderboard until they were reset today.

You’re not receiving any compensation since it was laid out for you but you failed to look or pay attention to it.
The argument “the leaderboards were still active”, yes they were BUT leaderboards don’t necessarily = rewards. They had leaderboard since the start of the game but didn’t always reward them.

tldr: Evidence showing that he read the article and should have read more thoroughly since it’s the 1st sentence of that section of the post.

Leaderboard kept going after Jan 13 so new season. There is no point in having it there anymore if no rewards are tied to it. I didn’t pay any attention to leaderboards or even knew they existed before I heard about rewards that are attached to it. Obviously I read it since I linked it.

I started a season after Jan 13 it ended today, where’s my Reward?

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

in all his time boasting about being #1 surely he couldve read one of the blog posts about the season dates and rewards

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Harvest.2506

do you really mean to say you werent farming ladderboard ranks? are you really pulling wool over your own eyes?

I’m defining farm as a Sure easy win one can perform regularly, I did not have a smooth ride climbing that ladder.

in PvP

Harvest.2506

in all his time boasting about being #1 surely he couldve read one of the blog posts about the season dates and rewards

I was #1 for like a day I should update my signature in a bit, But to your original point, yeah I read ends Jan 13 which is fine the Leaderboard keep going so that means we’re in a new season. then load and behold today we have new or another test season with no announcement on my rewards with everything I did the past 3 months.

in PvP

Posted by: Aether.2480

Aether.2480

don’t listen these casuals we nerds trust in you harvest =_=;

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

I’m defining farm as a Sure easy win one can perform regularly, I did not have a smooth ride climbing that ladder.

heres another definition:
“spamming as many games as possible” = “farming ladderboard ranks” in the current iteration of ladderboards.

you sir, are a farmer. the sooner you come out of denial, the sooner you can stop getting flak in this thread.

in PvP

Harvest.2506

heres another definition:
“spamming as many games as possible” = “farming ladderboard ranks” in the current iteration of ladderboards.

you sir, are a farmer. the sooner you come out of denial, the sooner you can stop getting flak in this thread.

Spamming to que yes playing every game as fast as possible at the risk of losing no. and Definitely no to Giving up even when out matched or out played I play every game the Best I could.

I will never give up on a game no matter how bad it looks

But since you mean getting into as much games as possible I’ve already acknowledged that Cause I Had to that last format.

in PvP

Posted by: The Cross Killer.2854

The Cross Killer.2854

As long as the ladder isnt MMR-based, no good player will give a kitten about it. I dont even understand why 99% of those bad players in the "top"100 get any rewards for grinding the LB.

Guns N Tools – Red Team[Blue] – twitch.tv/gunsnfools

in PvP

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

But to your original point, yeah I read ends Jan 13 which is fine the Leaderboard keep going so that means we’re in a new season. then load and behold today we have new or another test season with no announcement on my rewards with everything I did the past 3 months.

You just assumed things, turns out you were wrong. That you have invested that much time without the desired reward is unfortunate, but you already got a clear response from Grouch.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

His post history rather betrays the “I didn’t have time to even read forums” point. Also had time to watch WTS according to it and make youtube videos.

in PvP

Harvest.2506

But to your original point, yeah I read ends Jan 13 which is fine the Leaderboard keep going so that means we’re in a new season. then load and behold today we have new or another test season with no announcement on my rewards with everything I did the past 3 months.

You just assumed things, turns out you were wrong. That you have invested that much time without the desired reward is unfortunate, but you already got a clear response from Grouch.

I’ve given my Clear Rebuttal. This is not an RNG Its a season. That you would not be just as concern for the treatment of pvp rewards is disheartening, but understandable considering you’ve probably haven’t invested as much time, or care at this point. But I’m not like you, I still care, very much about this games future to look beyond being a lawyer to cover technicalities like many people are.

I stand by the Fact it is morally wrong to continue the leaderboard after a season and then not reward for work done and data gathered for the time after. You can go on as many technicalities you like to cover, but at the end of the day burning people like me will just make the game poorer.

(edited by Harvest.2506)

in PvP

Harvest.2506

His post history rather betrays the “I didn’t have time to even read forums” point. Also had time to watch WTS according to it and make youtube videos.

This was a few weeks ago so what? that’s still long after the jan 20 new blogs get your time straight man.

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

I’ve given my Clear Rebuttal. This is not an RNG Its a season. That you would not be just as concern for the treatment of pvp rewards is disheartening, but understandable considering you’ve probably haven’t invested as much time, or care at this point. But I’m not like you, I still care, very much about this games future to look beyond being a lawyer to cover technicalities like many people are.

I stand by the Fact it is morally wrong to continue the leaderboard after a season and then not reward for work done and data gathered for the time after. You can go on as many technicalities you like to cover, but at the end of the day burning people like me will just make the game poorer.

I’ve got your feedback and it’s in my report. I suggested that they note in game when there is an off season.

I think it is important to keep in mind that this is a test season. Let’s say that they try this algorithm and it turns out it stinks. Do we really want precursors up for grabs if it stinks? Imagine if the reward for the previous ladder test was a legendary! I can clearly see, however, they may have dipped into the other extreme of rewards that people pretty much already have. What about things like:

1. Straight up gems
  2. Laurels
  3. Exotic container (no precursors possible)
Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Ok i did solo Q to reach 200 , and i dont expect nothing i play because i like it . Raging because you get nothing is just childish , The test season starting today is for ANETS benefit not yours . I m sure once we get proper PVP season the rewards will be much better so suck it up people , GG

crypt

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I hope the new ladder leads to better games. I had in the old soloQ a winrate ~52% and now I have ~62% and play in both solo. I only play a few games and only 3 or 4 times a week so I was not in the new ladder in the top1000.

Hope for more close games and less blowouts

in PvP

Posted by: Sekkira.3796

Sekkira.3796

The test season ended in january and the leaderboards were up still until reset today as it transitions to a new test season. Would one be safe to assume that the bit in between two test seasons where the leaderboards are active be an actual season?

Sure, you could say they kept the leaderboards up for a false incentive to play ranked or keep interest in the game mode, but wouldn’t that be disingenuous? Offering those of us who have been working at doing their best a trick to keep them in the game?

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

HYPE TRAIN IS HERE…. oh it didnt even leave the station yet…

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Hey Grouch, how’s it poppin big hommie?

I read the article.

“In the newest version of this system, we’re putting a much stronger focus on wins, with less weight given to the sheer number of games played over a period of time. This means that simply having the most games played during the season will not guarantee high placement on the leaderboard—you’ll need to win those games, too! "

I think it’s a step in the right direction… but you should also put some emphasis on who you win against as well (like it was before).

Otherwise people who play during certain times will have a distinct advantage compared to the people who play after hours when the bulk of the competitive players come out of the woodwork.

Please take my words into consideration because it is a genuine concern.

There are certain times of the day you know you can play and get easier wins. It’s a fact.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I think it’s a step in the right direction…

No it’s not.

Ladder will stay kitten as it was previously as long as soloq and teamq are in the same matchmaking pool.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I think it’s a step in the right direction…

No it’s not.

Ladder will stay kitten as it was previously as long as soloq and teamq are in the same matchmaking pool.

Well of course you’re right. They do need to be separate. What I mean by “step in the right direction” is that they are willing to advocate change. They are looking at metrics and garnering feedback from the community.

That is a step in the right direction.

But yes you are absolutely right. They need to separate those pools.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It’s nice that you made changes to the algorithm and other issues with the leaderboard. However, the rewards are still lacking. Llamas just need to stop, making slightly changes to them doesn’t make it more captivating. Then you have the Glorious Hero’s Armor, which pretty much looks exactly like the reward track armor. Personally, there’s zero incentive for me to even bother with it. Regardless, I’m not participating, since I’m taking a bit of a break from GW2.

Hopefully one day, we actually get pvp rewards that are meaningful!

Rant time: There is so much you can do. Titles, gems, keys, finishers, exclusive weapons and armor (Glorious Hero’s Armor doesn’t count because it’s just a reskin), precursors, legendaries, and I could go on. Yet, all we get is some reskin of a mini and armor. If you had better rewards people would actually want to pvp!

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

It’s nice that you made changes to the algorithm and other issues with the leaderboard. However, the rewards are still lacking. Llamas just need to stop, making slightly changes to them doesn’t make it more captivating. Then you have the Glorious Hero’s Armor, which pretty much looks exactly like the reward track armor. Personally, there’s zero incentive for me to even bother with it. Regardless, I’m not participating, since I’m taking a bit of a break from GW2.

Hopefully one day, we actually get pvp rewards that are meaningful!

DON’T YOU DARE SLANDER THE LLAMA!

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

It’s good the new ladder won’t be a grindfest but now I feel people who strictly solo queue will be left out, there is probably only a handful of solo queuers with win ratios above 60% especially when every once in a while you get matched up against a top team for a squash match.

I almost gtd you its still gonna be a grindfest

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

For the last Test Season there were information about Matchmaking, Ladder Ranking and so on.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/finding-the-perfect-match/

Can you please give us some information about the changes for this Test Season?

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Are we getting a new build ingame? Test Season should’ve started 10 minutes ago

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Are we getting a new build ingame? Test Season should’ve started 10 minutes ago

Leaderboards sometimes take 30+ mins to update. Doubt they need a build.

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

justin was constantly making matchmaking algorithm tweaks without patches, that stuff is all server side

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

" we’ll hold a test season starting on Tuesday, December 16, that will be running until Tuesday, January 13 "
I don’t see where your demands are coming from, Harvest.

The ladder kept running after Jan 13.

No it didn’t…it got reset dude. They froze the LB on Jan 13th. There was no progression on it for about a week and then they COMPLETELY reset it for the off season. The LB’s never kept going……

Dat signature though…lol
“I am owed 3pcs Glorious Hero’s Armor I Play All Professions”

Just accept the fact that you were wrong. You were not misled in anyway. He asked you where you read that you thought it kept going. And that post CLEARLY states that the season ends on Jan 13th…. and once again, YES the LB’s were reset after that. They never continued going. If you had any indication of how many games you played and where your rank was, you would have noticed that your wins and losses were at Zero a week after the season. That would have then prompted you to review as to why everything got reset and there would have been no confusion.

I find it hard to believe you were chasing rewards and you didn’t even know where you ranked on the LB’s. If you were watching them, you would have seen it reset around January 20th.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Harvest it definitely does appear that you made a mistaken assumption and while that is unfortunate it doesn’t mean you have a valid complaint against Anet, who in no way indicated there would be rewards, and in fact actually stated there wouldn’t be any.

in PvP

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

Pro troll has everyone baited.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/PSA-Off-season-Ladder-Starts-Saturday/first#post4720213

So we had a test season. Now we’re having an “off-season”. What exactly is the difference?

the test season had rewards. the off-season is just a leaderboard for our own enjoyment (those of us who care).

at least that’s my take

Basically this. After we look at the data we may change some things, without notice, just to watch how the resulting data changes.

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Pro troll has everyone baited.

I don’t know if you can actually consider that guy a troll, he did farm the leaderboards like mad in the off season. Him thinking Anet owes him something for his “work” in the off season might be trolling but I don’t think he has any jimmies rustled.

Plus he can’t really say he got nothing for that, all the PvP farming he must have advanced at least a few PvP tracks and made some decent coin from all the games.