Skyhammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Its not really a matter of skill but more about abusing mechanics (stealth + magnet pull for example).

Can’t you just dodge?

One of the main reasons why GW2s pvp flopped hard is because the game has a lot of braindead builds etc.

Braindead people should be easy to outsmart right?

Builds that can kill you with 2 buttons like condi warrior for example.

There’s always a counter strategy… If a particular build is your weak points you gotta learn how to counter it right? Or I might be wrong.

Up to a point that its no longer about pvp

I get you don’t enjoy this for whatever reason. But that doesn’t mean you have the rights to define the rules. PvP means players vs player. Each map have specifics you have to learn to deal with.

….but more about cheese or get cheesed.

That sound like all form of PvP in all games to me…

Just Dodge I lawld I don’t think you know how stealth pulls/pushes work. Ya let’s leave these horrible maps in while they are supposedly being balanced instead of removing them until they are balanced(which will never happen because anet is slow and the maps were bad concepts)

(edited by RoRo.8270)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Bump.

Removing Capricorn has made this map even more frequent in solo queue, and this is not a welcome change.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

remove engies from soloq, class too strong atm! or give ip the dhuumfire treatment and nerf healing turret like healing sig since they have more sustain/outs than warriors, and have almost no counter play since they apply a 7 sec burn every 10 seconds whenever they land a crit. Also make shield block the same as war shield block (10 sec longer cd)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Baby.1405

Baby.1405

remove spirit watch too

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Even though i win like 70% of the time on skyhammer because of my leet skillz i’d rather not play it, i lose like 10-20 viewers on stream out of 100-150 because of skyhammer

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Nobody was complaining about Capricorn…it was a fun change of pace in the same-old-same-old hotjoin rotation…it was hurting NOBODY…yet they remove it completely and kept Skyhammer in the ranked rotation.

What kinda logic is that????

You could have removed Skyhammer altogether and virtually nobody would have complained…except certain cheese build engies.

Instead…they turned a creative map played just for fun into a complete waste of programming.

How could anybody who plays this game regularly come up with this “idea”?

Seriously, I’d really love to hear the logic I’m missing and/or the massive feedback that was saying to keep Skyhammer in sPvP and get rid of Capricorn in hotjoins.

It’s beyond disappointing…it’s just crazy!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

I like skyhammer. I take scorpion wire and steal fear from necros. It’s fun.

Spirit watch on the other hand is barely a PvP map at all.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: azerte.4365

azerte.4365

They should bring Capricorn to SoloQ but drain all the water out of that map, replace skyhammer with that.

Schäde – Lolzie
Trillmatic |tM| / Angelic Synergy |Holy|

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I like skyhammer. It’s very entertaining.

-scorpian wire thief

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

They don’t need to remove the map they just need to remove the glass panels, and make the hammer dodge/blockable

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

They don’t need to remove the map they just need to remove the glass panels, and make the hammer dodge/blockable

I agree, the hammer needs to be dodge/blockable. That is a must.

Also, I would even be cool if the glass panels were replaced with other devices which could activate periodic damage distributors like pulses of electricity or condition appliers like spike traps that apply bleeds so it’s not a one shot cheese move.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

biggest waste of developer resources imo. oh and capricorn.

Made me so happy when they came out and said they removed Capricorn!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

I would be happy if i just didn’t get it every match! or 3 in a row.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Syncesta.7592

Syncesta.7592

i would be happy if they remove or swap out skyhammer for raid on the capricorn
i hated raid on the capricorn but its 100 times better than skyhammer
maybe they should just edit raid on the capricorn and make it a bit more tournament friendly

Kappa

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

I have better idea: make side points walled and no holes. Only place to die from cc is canon.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Eve.1580

Eve.1580

Why don’t people like skyhammer? Knockbacks or Hammer? I hate both.. but the map is pretty nice at the same time (My favorite point B location of all maps)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

remove skyham pls

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

These requests don’t mean anything, there are more people that Allie spoke to who disagree. Who those people are has never been confirmed, but she spoke to A LOT of them.

Skyhammer

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

These requests don’t mean anything, there are more people that Allie spoke to who disagree. Who those people are has never been confirmed, but she spoke to A LOT of them.

Soloq would be much better if it were consistent with the current unofficial standards of competitive gameplay. No need to throw such a random map into rotations along with spirit watch to make us be their test dummies. People shouldn’t be soloqing with the intent of casual gameplay; soloq should be meant for people who want to compete and play on balanced maps. Skyhammer should be for hotjoin only where you play around and test builds n’ stuff.

(edited by ArcTheFallen.7682)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Gakeman.5296

Gakeman.5296

Approved.

Red Levin

Red Levin

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

I hate Spirit Watch. And it would be so easy to fix too. The balancing issues are well known – and even those would not be so bad, if the Orb, which is supposed to be a “Secondary(!) Mechanic”, wouldn’t reset after only 10 seconds.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Sky Hammer has such a bad mechanic with the lasers.

Spirit watch wouldn’t be so bad if bunker builds weren’t so kitten common, so I could be backstabbing a guardian all the way from the orb to a point and he wouldn’t even be at half hp cause of dodge heals and aegis.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Skyhammer

in PvP

Solstice.1097

It is very unlikely for Anet to remove the map from Soloq. That would mean the only map difference between sPvP and tPvP maps would be Spirit Watch, and then we’d have our daily “Remove Spirit Watch” threads.

Much more realistic is to plea to Anet to modify the map to remove the glass panels, make the hammer dodge/blockable, etc, so that it is much more balanced.

And, if I had my way, I’d just like the option to be able to “thumbs down” 1 map of my choice when queuing up so that I could not get that map, but I’d have to understand my queue time may be longer. If Anet did this they could also get accurate data on map popularity.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: renegade.4851

renegade.4851

It is very unlikely for Anet to remove the map from Soloq. That would mean the only map difference between sPvP and tPvP maps would be Spirit Watch, and then we’d have our daily “Remove Spirit Watch” threads.

Much more realistic is to plea to Anet to modify the map to remove the glass panels, make the hammer dodge/blockable, etc, so that it is much more balanced.

And, if I had my way, I’d just like the option to be able to “thumbs down” 1 map of my choice when queuing up so that I could not get that map, but I’d have to understand my queue time may be longer. If Anet did this they could also get accurate data on map popularity.

sorry but the traumatic wounds I have from playing skyhammer are too deep to ever heal. Changing the map might lessen the hate while playing it, but in my heart I know I’ll never enjoy it, ever.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Skill interrupting jumppads that have a silly CD on them.
Breakable plattforms everywhere.
Unblock-/dodgeable high damage & stun wide area denying kitten. Yeah, kitten! All those kitten!
And players that just log to trollchars to spam knockback, fear, … without thinking.

Just too much annoying stuff.

Edit: and it comes like 50% of the time

(edited by LunarNacht.8913)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

You can’t choose map at ranked solo arena. so it is imposible to abuse Skyhammer. It is totally random. it can be any map. if you are new in pvp. if you can’t counter that situation like you have wroten – it is your problem. You are low not other is OP. If you are noob you will always lose. Your post seems like you are asking good player start play worse against you. You ask another player start afk at arena if they see you at enemy team?
L2P. Learn to counter.

I would to see you counter vs engi with Mine. Mine and mine’s F-skill rip off your stability and other boons, then has many knockbacks and pushes in 15s. I would love to see you counter that. But I know the answer already. So yeah, Skyhammer point A and point C has nothing to do with skill. It has to do with lucky dodges and over 9000 seconds stability.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

I have taken to logging to my stealth pull knockback engi whenever skyhammer shows up.
I can win, I cant enjoy it tho.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Maverick Holix.1382

Maverick Holix.1382

I will solo que more often if this map is removed.

twitch.tv/maverick_holix

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Please remove this map.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Akeif.7491

Akeif.7491

We need ANET to keep the map but just FIX them! :P

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

Just posting here to keep the thread alive. But if Anet ever wants this game to be taken seriously at a competitive level, annoying poorly designed maps like Skyhammer need to be removed.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Hugh The Great.9367

Hugh The Great.9367

Skyhammer is garbage.

Skyhammer

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

Remove skyhammer in soloq pls

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

I hate skyhammer and would love to see it removed.

That said, I’d be ok with a map balance pass. Remove the glass panes from the side nodes and possibly hammer, and allow hammer to be dodged and blocked. I could probably live with that.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Replace the glass panels with electricity pulses, so it damages/stuns people and it’s not a cheesey one shot move. Plus make it so you can dodge and block the skyhammer attacks.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

I would pay a good solid 20$/month for no skyhammer in my solo Qs, please add this in the gemstore, I swear Ill pay.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

This map that apparently we’re not allowed to get rid of in soloq, even though it’s definitely not acceptable for competitive play (so not in teamq). Yeah.

Can we at least get it removed from rotation until it stops being incredibly buggy? Please?

Here are a few that annoy me:

- the gate up to/down from the skyhammer.
It often teleports players, then immediately takes them right back - and applies the debuff that stops them from using the gate again. This interrupts play, gives warning to foes, and is directly related to the incredibly powerful secondary mechanic of the map.

- glass panels mess up the camera (and cause other problems).
If a player is standing at the edge of a glass panel as it breaks, their camera will zip around like crazy. Movement skills are also interrupted. This seriously impairs someone who’s probably just managed to avoid falling to their death, and generally removes the whole ’skilful positioning’ aspect that apparently applies to this map - you can’t just avoid getting pulled into the panels, you have to stay well away from them at all times.

- the skyhammer is still vulnerable to that exploit.
Y’know the exploit that was abused on Foefire and Kyhlo? That took far too long to fix? It wasn’t even fixed on Skyhammer. People still regularly take advantage of it.
It’s not quite as game-changing as on those maps... oh wait it is. The hammer does mad damage and knocks foes down.

___

So.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Solstice.1097

i also have the issue with trying to take the portal up and immediately end up outside it below unable to re-enter. so I try pushing “f” as quickly as possible to avoid possibly double-pushing it. doesn’t matter still happens maybe 30% of the time. no way to avoid it that I can find yet.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

i also have the issue with trying to take the portal up and immediately end up outside it below unable to re-enter. so I try pushing “f” as quickly as possible to avoid possibly double-pushing it. doesn’t matter still happens maybe 30% of the time. no way to avoid it that I can find yet.

That was my first point, maybe should’ve said portal instead of gate.

This happens far more often than is reasonable (for it to reasonable, it would never ever happen, ever), and the huge effect the skyhammer has on battles only makes it worse.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

thanks for not deleting this map. Look I like skyhammer but not in Solo Q. Yes its fun to troll and Knock people off the cliff but when skyhammer pops 3 times in a row and its a 2v5 there’s a problem somewhere.

Attachments:

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: drukai.5612

drukai.5612

I really dont know why anet just dont take this map out of the soloq. Is so kittening bugged, and is 0 competitive.
Maybe this map is the favorite of the owner´s son… or the one who make it cry every patch to still leave this map in the soloq.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Why create another thread for this?
Especially when you’ve literally added nothing constructive at all.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I agree with Zach. Also, I love skyhammer! I’m sure many agree with me. Now, personally I wouldn’t mind if they removed it from solo que because clearly lots of people hate that map. But I hope they don’t.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Skyhammer is entertaining and brings those lovely daily tears to the forums.

+1 vote to keep it.

It’s a map where you can’t mindlessly hambow your way to victory.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: PSILO.4068

PSILO.4068

More Skyhammer in Soloq please. (I’m trying to see how many people I can get to whisper/block me.)

Fear the fear! or this fear, or that fear, or this other fear….Just kidding! Spectral Grasp

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

It’s good to keep at least one of these threads on the front page each day, just so maybe when that one overworked, contracted employee happens through, they can possibly take a glance at it and perhaps bring it up at lunch, in which case “Take a look at Skyhammer” will be added to the list of things to get done by 2020.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Been there. Done that. Remove it.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Why create another thread for this?
Especially when you’ve literally added nothing constructive at all.

you have to be new – theres everyday a new thread bout this

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

Removal of bad maps is considered a feature. Unfortunately we need to wait for the next feature build.