Posted by: Avitori.6093

Avitori.6093

Title^

Some suggestions:
Remove the glass circles around
-Skyhammer
-Point A
-Point C
-Let skyhammer shots be dodge-able like treb shots (optional)

I understand there was a considerable amount of time put into this map. But this is something that is really frustrating to many dedicated pvp’ers. I feel like the map has potential but in its current state needs to be removed until it is reworked in some way to reduce the builds that favors heavy knockbacks and pulls into the pit of death.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Salvation Wing.7653

Salvation Wing.7653

I like it I also like the idea of “removed skyhammer from the game.” but that can be acceptable

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: dday.9532

dday.9532

It really would be that simple and skyhammer would be a pretty enjoyable

anet really just needs to realize that in a pvp game that is supposed to be about skilled play, nobody enjoys insta kills by pulls/ kbs, or having to reroll every time one map pops up in solo q jus to not get merked by any noob running a skyhammer build.

This should not be a map that emphasizes knocking people to their death, but instead what would make it different would be that there is only one treb. right now because of glass panels you cant even have team fights for hammer because half the players will just die instantly due to getting knocked off the map.

remove glass panels by hammer, a & c and make hammer dodgeable and no more qq.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Move the hammer platform to above the stage, no more instant falling deaths. Keep it raised, place it opposite the portal above the pillar/cliff area. Knocking people out of the hammer at this new height still kills low HP enemies, but no longer does a player press F and then get blasted off from full HP. The person in the hammer knocks them off and gets a few more shots off as a benefit, not a cheesy kill.

Keep the glass platforms on A and C, but move the capture point further into the ‘safe’ area, such that standing at the rear of the point and looking out over the cliff as far from the panels as you can get puts you out of pull range. Pull skills can still be used on people entering the point, but gone are the sweaty palms of ‘oh no, the enemy thief isn’t on the radar! he could pull me at any time, from anywhere…’. If I control a point, let me be in control of that point.

I think that the hammer doesn’t need to be dodgeable if my first suggestion is brought about, because players won’t be as scared to try and fight the hammer-user. It should result in less free-reign shots, so the ones that the user does get off must be worthwhile.

I would like to see more consistent results from the jump pads, all the other things aside these are my biggest grievance. Sometimes I walk right over one, and nothing happens. Sometimes I jump 5 seconds later, sometimes when I walk over it from the side the camera spins and I go in no predictable direction. Fix these, or make them stairs. They are currently frustrating.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

It’s been pretty obvious that this would largely fix the map for a while now.

But we’re dealing with a very, very stubborn development team. Remember how long it took them to make the really small fixes they made a while ago?

They, of course, insist that there’s a mysterious group of people that enjoys this map in competitive play. But I have never met anyone in that mysterious group.

My guess is it’s only a matter of time until they fix the map or remove it. What’s sad is once they do it will feel like such a relief that people will praise the developers, when we really should be looking back at how long the fixes took in embarrassment and disappointment. But I suppose that goes for a lot of common-sense fixes in this game.

kittening A-men. All of it. “Stubborn” is probably the best word to describe this development team. I haven’t seen a team this bad since I played FFXI back before the major changes, when there was literally no forum presence or interaction with the North American player base, and it would take years to get minor changes. (Ironically, Square Enix is doing awesome now with FFXIV; much better than ArenaNet, save for Gaile and CC.)

It makes it so when they say things like, “This fix is actually more complicated than it seems,” we can’t even trust it. Is it really more complicated, or is it just not what you feel like doing? Because there are so many bugs and feature requests that were told to be done “soon” or “by the end of 2013” and yet here we are, in 2014, and those forum posts are being necro’d to show just how long it’s taking. Then we have coordinators and liaisons drop off the face of the Earth, and you want to complain about people being bitter?

Anyway, that was a rant. One thing that has to change is the fact that the cannon cannot be dodged. That’s completely unintuitive, and I had no idea until I came on the forums and found out. I just thought I was timing it wrong or something, but nope — just can’t do it at all. Oh, and the “breaking glass freaks out your camera” and “port in and back out of cannon room” bugs are still there, after being reported last year.

This map is causing a lot of 3/4 v 5 games. It’s absolutely ridiculous something hasn’t been done about it.

(edited by ceol.9175)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Gimmick map is gimmicky. I would usually say it should be removed but we already have too few viable sPvP maps to begin with…

One – Piken Square

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think that hammer shots are dodgeable if your timing is right. I did that yesterday but I don’t remember if it was in solo que… Hammer works the same in all modes?

(edited by Thaia.5146)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

I like skyhammer

The best solution for this would just be to allow people to que up for the maps they want. Like games 20 years ago let you. People who hate it would never have to do it again, those who want to can, just in a longer que.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think that hammer shots are dodgeable if your timing is right. I did that yesterday but I don’t remember if it was in solo que… Hammer works the same in all modes?

You can’t dodge or block it.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: GeneralJimmy.2186

GeneralJimmy.2186

simple make hammer dodgeble

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Bishop.5938

Bishop.5938

I agree with make hammer dodge- able and removing the glass. Whoever decided that those two thing was a good idea was a kitten idiot.

Roundy (Sanctum of Rall)
[Blud] Blood Hammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I’m surprised at this map’s design since I started spvping more just because it encourages the opposite of skillful play. I die more on this map than any other and it’s because people camp the hammer, pull onto the glass, and the hammer isn’t dodge able.

What’s worse is my attitude has become, " if you can’t beat em, join em"

Skyhammer

in PvP

Bishop.5938

i worked out if u dont hit accept u dont go in

usually i just go afk for 15 min when it pops easy fix for skyhammer lol

Roundy (Sanctum of Rall)
[Blud] Blood Hammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Making hammer dodgeable would completely remove the need to recapture it from the enemy team. Hammer should feel like an advantage not a souvenir.

However, in order to bring some balance and versatility to the map I would personally add a stability buff just bellow the gun (the opposite side of B) which when channeled (just like meditations on the “Temple of the silent storm”) would grant 30s of stability. The general idea behind the position of the buff is that a) hammer would not be able to interrupt channeling and b) A, C and gun control are generally faster to reach than B from that spot, which means it would provide some extra stability time for people which decide to fight on those three most dangerous places (A and C have glass plates, gun control is regularly camped with heavy cc/kb/fear specs).

This would also provide some balance to professions which don’t have easy access to stability which imho is the main reason for complaints against Skyhammer.

Attachments:

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

mesmer is the worst. worse than engi. mesmer just shatter or arcane thievery or null field and remove your stability/aegis, then daze you and pull/push you wherever they want. if the mesmer is really good at hammer trolling, then there’s really nothing you can do about it.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

Still? Admitting your mistakes is generally a good trait in life. Being stubborn and unresponsive to feedback is probably a bad trait to have if you want to design video games.

How about anet be professionals and admit we were right all along and just remove this map?

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I sure do love me some sky hammer! And I would just die if they ever removed it because then we wouldn’t get these rage threads on a daily basis anymore.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

^Probably plays an engi or necro

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

I am so glad that Capricorn got removed in response to all of the negative Skyhammer feedback.

Wait…

…?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Is it removed already from soloq? Id like to reinstall the game

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

No – It won’t ever happen.

They don’t want to double the amount of players in SoloQ.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Marcos.3690

Skyhammer is the most unbalanced crap that has ever been designed

It’s just not fair for most classes.

This map is the only reason many people quits gw2.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

Or a warrior, thief, ranger, guardian or mesmer.

The only class that has trouble with delivering golf shots is ele when his tornado is on cooldown.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Hehehe…

…heh.

/sob

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

If they removed it, they would admit an error.
That’s why it’s not gonna happen . . .

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Skyhammer

in PvP

Solstice.1097

off-topic but since you are the Scorpin Wire King can you help me understand why most of the time when I used Scorpion Wire on someone who does not see me coming, has no stability, and no aegis, I hit them with Scorpion Wire and they just fall down where they are at but it does not pull them to me? It happens nearly every time it seems.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Marcos.3690

Holy cow, how many patchs do I have to wait for them to remove this map. I want to come back to gw2 but this map …

I saw the tournament of legends yesterday and the game seems way better nowadays. However, if you can’t make a team you are forced to soloqueue and this map destroys the whole experience.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Dalehitchy.1957

Dalehitchy.1957

i have to admit…. as a newish returning player… who didnt reach 80 before… and now playing as a necro… skyhammer is my worst map.

i dont even bother going into the centre with the laser thing…. i may aswell give the team points, as i have no knockbacks. Additionally, my minions have to work around the stair maze to follow me so i loose most of my damage / skills

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

I’d rather have a way to select which map I want to tournament in. Skyhammer is actually a great map. Whiners will keep whining unless this map becomes a braindead map like the other ones, ruining it for those of us who enjoy it. I was pretty sad when I saw how they added safeguards to the map because of whiners, as all it does is make pulling abilities that much stronger than pushing/fear abilities.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

off-topic but since you are the Scorpin Wire King can you help me understand why most of the time when I used Scorpion Wire on someone who does not see me coming, has no stability, and no aegis, I hit them with Scorpion Wire and they just fall down where they are at but it does not pull them to me? It happens nearly every time it seems.

They have to be in COMBAT.

Stealth > Stand on ‘Glass’ > Bow 1 (Immobilize) > Pull

Skyhammer

in PvP

Marcos.3690

I’d rather have a way to select which map I want to tournament in. Skyhammer is actually a great map. Whiners will keep whining unless this map becomes a braindead map like the other ones, ruining it for those of us who enjoy it. I was pretty sad when I saw how they added safeguards to the map because of whiners, as all it does is make pulling abilities that much stronger than pushing/fear abilities.

Whiners? It’s called balance mate. When some classes clearly dominate in this map it should never be in a ranked rotation

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Klocknov.8219

Klocknov.8219

Skyhammer? What is that? tArena knows nothing of this kittenty map. But yeah it has no spot in sArena rotations either… The rest I am fine with, but a map where people can get 1-shot killed for no reason is bad form, maybe if would fit to ANets term for toxic if they didn’t make it.

Skyhammer

in PvP

shaolin.9716

The internet is where comments are always strongly biased to the negative since people who don’t have a problem don’t tend to express their positive opinions. There is a large player base who actually enjoys this map and I strongly hope ANET does not forget about us. Make it a different queue or whatever but please do not remove content from those who enjoy it.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Solstice.1097

They have to be in COMBAT.

Stealth > Stand on ‘Glass’ > Bow 1 (Immobilize) > Pull

well glad I asked! another tooltip needing fixed lol (i don’t main a thief)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xahz.8406

Xahz.8406

Being a Necro actually isn’t that great. No stability means that for every person you fear off the edge there’s another that’s going to blast your kitten in the same direction.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Akeif.7491

Akeif.7491

This map is super interesting as a concept, but yeah there’s a lot of problems.

Portal/gate most of the time throw you out instantly.
Glass panels, yeah one shot a lot.
Hammer, can’t be dodge or blocked.

I’d hate to see this map go away but I’d love to see it fixed!!!!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Bunschii.2918

Bunschii.2918

Bump for devs to see

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Eve.1580

Eve.1580

I literally had a thief stand 15 feet away from me, looking at me with his stupid kitten py face.. Peering into my soul.. I was confused.. Why aren’t you attacking me? so I start to go kill him.. And he scorpion wired me right into a whole he intentionally created.

Stupid thief. Stupid Skyhammer.

Skyhammer

in PvP

shaolin.9716

I literally had a thief stand 15 feet away from me, looking at me with his stupid kitten py face.. Peering into my soul.. I was confused.. Why aren’t you attacking me? so I start to go kill him.. And he scorpion wired me right into a whole he intentionally created.

Sorry but you make yourself sound even more stupid for falling for it. You sound like it was your first time on this map. Adapt before you complain.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Eve.1580

Eve.1580

Sorry but you make yourself sound even more stupid for falling for it. You sound like it was your first time on this map. Adapt before you complain.

Kittens, 0-100 in no time. It was a joke, relax.

That was literally the ONLY time it ever happened too, so I did adapt?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

This would have been the best part of the feature patch if they would have taken it out.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

There’s no reason for stupidly gimmicky map like this in tPVP. Why do game devs think that they know better than the majority of the playerbase who also hate the map? Or are they just being stubborn because they don’t want to imagine that those hours that went into making this map weren’t wasted?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

There’s no reason for stupidly gimmicky map like this in tPVP. Why do game devs think that they know better than the majority of the playerbase who also hate the map? Or are they just being stubborn because they don’t want to imagine that those hours that went into making this map weren’t wasted?

the game lacks a lot combat elements ,you cant play as a tank you cant play as a healer with only special mechanic being stealth and teleport , so they try to fill the gaps with weird environment gameplay otherwise it would be about who bursts who.
i bet they will add more weird maps in the future.

action combat made mmos better lol

Skyhammer

in PvP

Bishop.5938

such an active thread with no dev responses. Anyone know if they have given an answer as to why this map is in solo Q?

Roundy (Sanctum of Rall)
[Blud] Blood Hammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

I personally like sky hammer, its got some great design elements and as a whole is a fun map. The map may not be the best thing for tourney play right now though, but it is definitely a well made a lots of fun.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

Yes, this thread. I’m tired of rolling the dice to see whether I’ll be on the team that loses people because they’d rather take the dishonorable stack than play this ridiculous map. Half of my matches have had someone leave before it even starts — or just not show up. That should tell you something. Well, it would tell a competent development team something.

This single map is the cause of a lot of people hating sPVP. If you’re going to force newbies into ranked matches to gain progress on their reward tracks, then this map needs to be removed so the team that draws the short straw can have a fighting chance.

Problems with Skyhammer.

1. It’s gimmicky. “Positioning” has no effect when you give jobs the ability to grapple you towards them from anywhere. The entire map is built around the gimmick of fall damage.

2. It’s unforgiving. The group that has the most knockbacks is the one who wins, always, because you can spec more knockbacks and fears than you can stability, and all it takes is one landing without interrupt for you to die. For jobs that only have a handful of stability moves or stun interrupts, this is a problem.

3. The Skyhammer is entirely too powerful. Not only does it do 7,000-10,000 damage, but it stuns, and it cannot be dodged.

Solutions for Skyhammer.

1. Remove it from the solo queue. This would invalidate any complaint, since losing would have no effect on your rank. Plus, you’d quickly see how little anyone really wants to play it when they can just leave and instantly join another map.

2. Make falling more forgiving or rarer. We don’t need glass panels every 10 feet. This isn’t Unreal Tournament. Remove 50% of the glass panels, and slow their breaking down. A thief shouldn’t be able to run over a glass panel and drag someone to him (every 20 seconds, by the way, which is way more frequent than most jobs get stability) without making a significant investment or pause in the fight for himself.

3. Tone down the Skyhammer. Make it dodgeable. Axe the damage by 50%. Allow teams to actually win when a knockback engineer camps the Skyhammer and they can’t get to it. The Skyhammer should complement a team’s effort, not determine it.

Of course, it doesn’t take a savant to know this thread will fall on deaf ears after all the others have. But it’s worth a shot, right?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

1. a nice idea

2. especially for this invi pull thieves id like to see a “Drag him along” button once you fall with a say 50% chance to pull the thief down as well
I think that would limit the trollplaying there

3.Dmg reduce wouldnt be necessary if dodge would work

#ELEtism

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Raiga.4508

Raiga.4508

I know these threads have been here quite frequently, but this just shows how urgent the matter is.
I have to agree that this map is a pain to play on, I’m not one of the haters demanding for completely removing the map from PvP, but I find myself sighing a lot lately, whenever this map pops for SoloQ.
I think the post offers some good solutions to the map, I am against removing it from PvP (what is what a lot of people ask for), but I think just giving the player an option on either
a.) The maps he/she wants to be listed in for SoloQ
b.) Whether or not he wants to be listed for Skyhammer
would be a step into the right direction.
I also think that the hammer should be downed down a bit. I mean, you can dodge trebuchés, which have a smaller area of effect, so why wouldn’t you be able to dodge this one?

Ultimate power corrupts ultimately.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I also hate this map with the fiery passion of a thousand burning stars.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

You also forgot it’s buggy but anet don’t care they would rather make lame meme jokes and treat pvp as a side project which it is

(edited by RoRo.8270)