Skyhammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

you know anet will just remove this thread because ‘another topic’ exists somewhere in the topic. they don’t want you to create a thread they don’t like that has existed some time in the past.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

You also forgot it’s buggy but anet don’t care they would rather make lame meme jokes and treat pvp as a side project which it is

Oh yes, that stupid portal bug when you are trying to go into the hammer room. That has been there from the beginning and I doubt they will ever fix it because they hate us and they don’t care.

ArenaNet does not care about sPvPer’s.

Attachments:

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

@RoRo Ah yeah, the bugs. I completely forgot about those. Half the time I try to run into the Skyhammer platform, it teleports me right back out, preventing me from going in again for a few seconds. Then there’s the times my character gets pulled to the edge of a piece of glass and somehow dies anyway.

Really just a fantastic piece of work to put into the solo queue.

Skyhammer

in PvP

ceol.9175

Oh look at that. I was just in a 3v5 Skyhammer match. Luckily I was on the team with all their players, but I could have just as easily been on the losing team. And it doesn’t make the game any fun. It’s not fun winning 500 to 98.

Skyhammer

in PvP

ceol.9175

And now I’m in a 4v5 Skyhammer match (turned into 3v5 in the middle) on the losing side. It’s utterly incomprehensible what kind of development team would be so out of touch with their playerbase to let this map’s inclusion continue. Do you want sPVP to be a joke? Do you want players to hate this aspect of the game?

Every other one of your decisions at least has some hint of logic to it, but this? Are you all just so stubborn you don’t want to admit you’re wrong?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

It’s not going to happen.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

80% from all soloQs today i had this kitten map

i sooo can not understand why arenanet not remove this

this map make this game frustrating and NOT FUN at all

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Klocknov.8219

Klocknov.8219

Ah my favourite map to go golfing on, the only question is do I want to put or drive! And after I decide whether I want to play theif or engi it is all about busting platforms or launching people. So much skill their, I just roll tank spec and laugh as I one-shot kill people after pulling them accross broken platforms, Don’t even need to make sure they fall half the time since it LOVES to bug out and kill them anyway. But hey, the map is working as intended right? It is suppose to be a game of golf? Or am I playing the wrong map?

This is why it needs to be removed from Solo Q, it is fun to play and kitten around with gimmicky builds, but pushing those gimmicky builds in to competitive play when on no other map they work is just wrong. Between the bugs and skyhammer hitting incredibly way to hard and fast on the recharge the game gets kittened, it is not about who has the better team, it is about who has more golfers. You can fix skyhammer, but fixing the golfers will be hard, since just removing the platforms only takes away the putters and not the drivers.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

3. Tone down the Skyhammer. Make it dodgeable. Axe the damage by 50%. Allow teams to actually win when a knockback engineer camps the Skyhammer and they can’t get to it. The Skyhammer should complement a team’s effort, not determine it.

Something I’d really like to see with the hammer itself: friendly fire.

Make the giant, undodgeable, CC-ing secondary mechanic also affect allies.

People would actually have to think about where they’re firing it, and no longer can folks at a point just stand and laugh while the enemy team is hammer’d to death. Careless spamming with a glassy team would likely win the match for your opponents.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

this map sucksssssssssssss

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

Is Skyhammer balanced with all classes? I mean they made the go signal for this map thinking all classes have some sort of push or pull skills, will bring some or all those skills, and have counters to it right? Right???

I like that they are adding variety to the maps. I don’t mind maps with underwater battles, or Skyhammer. My only gripe with Skyhammer map is the area where you fight for control of Skyhammer siege. Maybe increase the battle area a little more perhaps?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Triton.8294

Triton.8294

For me, Skyhammer is the only reason to play SoloQ.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ilcane.3081

ilcane.3081

For me, Skyhammer is the only reason to play SoloQ.

Attachments:

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

pls remove skyhammer

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I would imagine I am not alone in quitting/not trying in solo queue mainly due to this map

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Dalehitchy.1957

Dalehitchy.1957

so ive been playing pvp for a good month now and this map wants me to quit the game altogether. Im not the best at pvp so i welcome tips on this map as a necromancer.

I cant go to the skyhammer as I will ALWAYS get knocked off. My last game I went to the edge to be met with an engineer that knocked me down within a few seconds. That happened 5 times and so I afk’d as it seemed there wasnt much I could do, and will continue to do so until I can be competitive (so I welcome advice)

I’m a MM so I dont have the knockbacks that other classes have. The Minions have pathing problems on this map too so my damage output isnt the greatest.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Jasher.6580

This is EXACTLY how I feel when skyhammer pops.

Attachments:

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Dalehitchy.1957

Dalehitchy.1957

haha jasher thats what i do! the map is giving me serious rage issues

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Engis in skyhammer

They specc as bunkers and can knockback you to death easily.
If you choose to ignore them they can just oneshot everyone in a teamfight because they have a free skyhammer.

They are godlike imo

(edited by Marcos.3690)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! It’s me! Vee Wee #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

I think the obvious solution is to remove Skyhammer from Solo Arena! Who’s with me!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Paragon.5479

Paragon.5479

ArrDee u are not number one engi u are not even top 100 stop spamming forums

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Hello frands! It’s me! Vee Wee #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

I think the obvious solution is to remove Skyhammer from Solo Arena! Who’s with me!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

The obvious solution for you is to finally learn the complete Alphabet.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Jasher.6580

How dare you. Vee Wee is #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Not even close on both points.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Not even close on both points.

Blasphemy. Vee Wee is the best.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Valid reasoning. This is what makes a good argument. Take notes GW2 players.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Valid reasoning. This is what makes a good argument. Take notes GW2 players.

Dang, you’re right. This guy is a genius!

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Deathstroke.5813

Deathstroke.5813

skyhammer is fine but keep it in hot join it doesnt belong in a tournament rotation

Apocalypseed – Tarnished Coast

Skyhammer

in PvP

ceol.9175

Go back to the sPvP forum. Look at the front page. Find the thread with 300+ replies. Look at the title. Now look to see if it got any reply from a developer.

That’s how little they care about feedback from the community.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I applaud anyone w/o CC that’s successful on this map.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I usually don’t even bother slotting Fear Me or Stomp for this map. I try to avoid falling off, but I don’t actively try to knock other players That’s how much I care about this gimmick map.

One – Piken Square

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

I had fun trying a new profession for the last few days. Enough so that I’m doing Solo Q with it now. Had even more fun. Then I got Skyhammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

This thread is gold. 1months and, instead of removing skyhammer, they removed capricorn. I like how anet doesnt want to admitt that they fail on making new spvp maps. Even the team deathmatch is garbage. Waaaay too small for 5v5’s, let alone 10v10’s.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

Bring on da skyhammer!!!!!!!
Truthfully I laugh the entire time on this map with my engie, I think its great. At the same time I don’t think it should be in any tourney rotation for a couple reasons
1) it creates a lot of drama because a lot of people just flat out hate the map and feel they are at a disadvantage.
2) I have had more 4v5s on this map than any other because when people see skyhammer they will just not even attempt it.
3). That skyhammer has no counter!!! It should be like the treb on khylo….make it so we can dodge the kitten thing.
This is a hotjoin map. Nothing more. I honestly like Capricorn better and think if try just removed the water it would have made a great tdm map. We don’t need any more content removed from pvp, we need what we already have to be improved.

B O I N K

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Page 7. And this is a combined thread started only a month ago.

What options are there? I have not seen any Dev response yet to suggestions made here. So this can only be a guess from me:

1. For some reason it’s apparently not an option to remove this map from Solo Q
  2. Changing the map layout / mechanics like has been suggested may be too much Dev time investment at this time
  3. The same might be true, to include options to select maps one wants to play / not play in some preferences screen. I have no clue how difficult it is to change the UI.

But no matter what different players think about this, I think it is undeniable, that this map generates an unhealthy amount of rage and 4v5s. This can’t be in the best interest of the game mode as a whole.

So what can be done? One idea I have heard was to expand the Queue popup-panel, with a small “Next map: xxx. Do you want to play?” Yes – game starts. No – you leave the queue, someone else can hop in.

That seems to me to be a fairly small change and should make everyone happy.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: LLaG.9218

LLaG.9218

I like skyhammer as a map, It’s not competitive at any point tho

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Those of you noting that this majorly merged threadset is only a month old - the *old* skyhammer thread got to silly numbers of posts without any dev responses.

Someone seriously high up must’ve had input on this map, for it to be despised by so much of the community yet still be in rotation.

Skyhammer

in PvP

ceol.9175

They must have some serious contempt for their own playerbase if they keep this in solo queue. I mean, could you imagine if this was in team queue? sPvP would be dead. There’d be no Tournament of Legends. The only reason this hasn’t killed sPvP being in solo queue is because the “serious” PvP is in team, but as many people have attested, they quit playing sPvP specifically because of this map. It’s just baffling how it’s still here.

I can understand not wanting to throw away the work, but take it out of solo queue. Courtyard isn’t in rotation, so why should this be? The vast majority of my 3/4v5s are on this map. Either you’re lucky and on the team that stayed, or you aren’t and you get your kitten handed to you because the Skyhammer is completely overpowered.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Xista.7391

Enemy team had 3 engis. Our team gave up after 30 seconds for obvious reasons.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Skyhammer is the biggest mistake in the history of craftsmanship of mapmaking.

Not even gonna go into what’s wrong with it, because everything has been said tenfold already.

The answer? Just remove that abomination from the game.

Leman

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

Maybe they should make an in Game Poll about that map, if they are not afraid that this poll might be very negative on that map.

#ELEtism

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

1) This map is not used in any competitive play, 2) It’s removed from team queue, 3) It’s widely hated by the PvP community (please show me a list of players supporting this game, I’d be quite interested), 4) hammer + knockbacks are highly imbalanced.

Remove this map from soloQ. It is quite frustrating and I literally have never met a single person who supports this map in competitive play (again, please comment here if you do, I’d be quite interested to hear why you like this map ><).

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Predator.9214

Predator.9214

I 100% agree with this post.
This map promotes the most pathetic builds available. Just now I finished up a match against a team with GS / Focus off hand mesmer, de – cap engees (2 of them), & 2 Hammer / Shield Off hand guardians, all focusing ONLY on knocking down the opponents off the map. The match was dragged along since none of these “players” actually contributed to their team really and ended up losing, but the match was close because couple of our guys insisted coming back up to the Skyhammer, to get revenge, only to end up on the bottom of the map.
Also the Skyhammer laser, even tho’ it has couple of seconds cast time, does way too much damage.
To conclude, without trying to complain too much & with withholding a lot of frustration, this pathetic map needs it’s way out of the Solo queue.
Keep it for those morons farming ranks for whatever reason.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)
Assassin Stef (Daredevil)
Snow Crows (SC) | Seafarer’s Rest

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

If you are not going to remove it at least make it so it doesn’t get picked so often. Out of 10 matches we often get SH 5 or 6 times. If I didn’t know any better I’d say you were trolling us.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Stichy.9427

Stichy.9427

Getting Stun locked and killed is probably the least fun way to die, and this map rewards this type of combat with possibility of insta-killing opponent.

Skyhammer

in PvP

ceol.9175

They’ve shown they don’t really care about PvP. This thread will get merged into the main one, and Skyhammer will continue to be in solo queue because “Self-Sabotage” seems to be ArenaNet’s mantra and company credo.

All we can do is look into playing some other game. That’s the only thing they’ll listen to. Or maybe they won’t? Who knows, since people have been quitting PvP since the first few months due to a clear lack of focus and the fact they haven’t changed their direction at all.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Xista.7391

I thought for sure the removal was coming in the feature patch. It would have been the best part of the patch…

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

I kittening love this map !

This is so fun, you go to A or C, and then an engi comes and pulls you over the glass and you just die, LOL.
Then you go to canon and at the end of your stability you get fear or mesmer focus #4 pulled or w/e knockback and you just die again haha.

Seriously tho, skyhammer is probably the worst idea in the history of video games. (or one of the worst at least)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

BUT ACCORDING TO STATISTICS ITS WIDELY PLAYED! EVEN THE MOST POPULAR SPVP MAP.
Yeah. That is because it is the farm map.

Seriously, the reason they haven’t removed the map yet is most likely because of their “statistics” not showing it as hated. Actually mindful player input itself is disregarded.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I like the jump pads. As an ele, I have very little to make people fall through the floor, or knock them off the side, and spend 90% of the time on and around B. The jump pads are fun. The rest is a nightmare vs almost every other class. Tornado is so hard to land the knockback.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2